PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of indoor carpet courts like this?

TeamUla
Mar 25th, 2012, 11:07 PM
6MuPE9H4PsI

What do you think? It's one of the very little number of tournament having carpet as its surface. In the link you have the highlights of the final. Some indoor tournaments could make their surface faster. :help:

My video it is :cool:

rnwerner
Sep 8th, 2013, 06:33 PM
It looks good.

Is it right that Quebec this week is on carpet while Luxemburg/Linz or Moscow are on Indoor hard court?
Were those tournaments on carpet and then changed to indoor HC? Can someone shortly explain?

Is there only one tournament on carpet left on WTA level?

And what about Istanbul/sofia? Those are indoor hard courts as well, isn't it?

crazillo
Sep 8th, 2013, 06:42 PM
It's all indoor carpet now.

Tokyo Pan Pacific was the last proper indoor carpet tournament AFAIK. But that's only when it was still played in February.

dencod16
Sep 8th, 2013, 06:43 PM
It looks good.

Is it right that Quebec this week is on carpet while Luxemburg/Linz or Moscow are on Indoor hard court?
Were those tournaments on carpet and then changed to indoor HC? Can someone shortly explain?

Is there only one tournament on carpet left on WTA level?

And what about Istanbul/sofia? Those are indoor hard courts as well, isn't it?

I think only Quebec is the remaining carpet court in the Main Tour, didn't even know it was on carpet still until now.

rnwerner
Sep 8th, 2013, 06:45 PM
It's all indoor carpet now.

Tokyo Pan Pacific was the last proper indoor carpet tournament AFAIK. But that's only when it was still played in February.

You mean indoor hardcourt?

rnwerner
Sep 8th, 2013, 06:46 PM
I think only Quebec is the remaining carpet court in the Main Tour, didn't even know it was on carpet still until now.

Yes, in Live Scores it is written "carpet"

dencod16
Sep 8th, 2013, 06:55 PM
Yes, in Live Scores it is written "carpet"

Yeah, I am not refuting you, i actually checked if it was, I just didn't know that carpet still exist after Federer and Nadal moved to abolish it.

11/22/63
Sep 8th, 2013, 06:58 PM
Oh how I miss the once great indoor tournaments of Filderstadt, Zurich, et al. Such great tradition so sadly lost. :sad:

bobito
Sep 8th, 2013, 07:16 PM
To bring back carpet I think they would first need to do something about the power of the racquets currently being used. The slower courts are to counter the more powerful racquets. Wrong thinking by the tennis governing bodies to my mind. Less powerful racquets and faster courts make for more watchable tennis.

Edinboro
Sep 8th, 2013, 07:22 PM
I loved carpet tennis, wish it would come back for a few events a year.

Who were the greatest players on carpet?

JustPetko
Sep 8th, 2013, 07:26 PM
Every WTA tournament on fast courts would be appreciated.

Cloud Nine
Sep 8th, 2013, 09:46 PM
:drool:

fufuqifuqishahah
Sep 8th, 2013, 09:55 PM
honestly, one of the last things tennis needs is the homogenization of surfaces.

tennis needs surface court variety, just not to an excessive degree.

this kind of tennis court is cool.

Sam L
Sep 8th, 2013, 10:25 PM
To bring back carpet I think they would first need to do something about the power of the racquets currently being used. The slower courts are to counter the more powerful racquets. Wrong thinking by the tennis governing bodies to my mind. Less powerful racquets and faster courts make for more watchable tennis.

Just bring back wood racquets.

I loved carpet tennis, wish it would come back for a few events a year.

Who were the greatest players on carpet?

Martina Navratilova. She loved carpet.

Deestruction
Sep 8th, 2013, 10:34 PM
I always thought of carpet courts as being slow, but whatevers its good. :lol:

Sam L
Sep 8th, 2013, 10:45 PM
I always thought of carpet courts as being slow, but whatevers its good. :lol:
LOL they are so fast.

duhcity
Sep 8th, 2013, 11:12 PM
It'd be nice, but would make no sense. A carpet miniseason would be all minor tournaments, and prepare the players for...well nothing.

The tour should, with the ATP, towards faster hard courts across the board. 6 hour grind fests on the men's side are awful and shorten careers, and women's tennis thrives on faster courts.

Barktra
Sep 8th, 2013, 11:30 PM

This would help Petra a lot :lol:

coolfish1103
Sep 9th, 2013, 05:15 AM
Let's hope Tokyo will return in February with an indoor carpet court since it's no longer a major event.

caroalltheway
Sep 9th, 2013, 05:22 AM

:oh:

MMJSL
Sep 9th, 2013, 06:38 AM
Is anybody here going to Quebec City for the tournament? Or anyone know about the area? Is it safe? Thinking about going making a trip there alone.

Just asking because I'm from Toronto and would never go to the Rogers Cup and stay in the area alone. They put that tournament in one of the worst if not THE worst area of Toronto.

maxomax
Sep 9th, 2013, 08:23 PM
Is anybody here going to Quebec City for the tournament? Or anyone know about the area? Is it safe? Thinking about going making a trip there alone.

Just asking because I'm from Toronto and would never go to the Rogers Cup and stay in the area alone. They put that tournament in one of the worst if not THE worst area of Toronto.

I'm from Quebec City and the tournament is on the campus in Ste-Foy. It is very safe, Quebec city is not a dangerous city at all! There are many places to stay close from the university. The old Quebec is more charming though! Enjoy your stay if you come :wavey:

Jass601
Nov 16th, 2013, 02:16 AM
I am a student at Streamwood high school in Illinois and I am currently working on an indoor tennis related project in my engineering design and development class. If possible, please take this short survey to help my group in our research.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1fnev36lzJzPbabDjgoWLOP_MSL4R-IdCyWtfGKuzVMY/viewform

2notrump
Nov 16th, 2013, 02:20 AM
Just bring back wood racquets.

I see what you did there :oh: