PDA

View Full Version : WWW Miami Wig Snatch Party R16: [WC] Venus Williams v [15] Ana Ivanovic

NA-GOAT
Mar 25th, 2012, 10:36 PM
:oh:

sweetadri06
Yikes. I dunno. Venus has got to be exhausted, so I'll say Ana. Prove me wrong Vee.

The Daviator
Get your second win over Vee, Ana :cool:

Moveyourfeet
Venus in 2

Kairi
Mar 25th, 2012, 10:38 PM
depends on how well Venus recovers..but after today's match, anything is possible I guess :shrug: (and let's not forget this IS Ana we're talking about:oh:)Venus in 2 :cheer:

Craig.
Mar 25th, 2012, 10:38 PM
Vinas. Somehow. Hopefully.

killerqueen
Mar 25th, 2012, 10:40 PM
I'm optimsitic for Ana. Venus seemed completely worn out today, though she did play well.

Venus in two, or Ana in three. :oh:

doooma6816
Mar 25th, 2012, 10:40 PM
My dream 4rd round. I'd be happy no matter who wins. Ana finally is playing two good tournament in a row instead of making QF/SF of one and 1st or 2nd round in next.

antonella
Mar 25th, 2012, 10:41 PM
I predict Ana will retire in the 2nd set with some sort of weird injury.;)

Viktymise
Mar 25th, 2012, 10:42 PM
VIP at her finest. Drawing one of her worst match-ups fairly deep into a tournament when said match-up is clearly going to have nothing left in the tank.

Andrewraven
Mar 25th, 2012, 10:42 PM
I'm thinking Ana if venus plays like she did today, she is bound to be exhausted, but i'm hoping venus wins

danieln1
Mar 25th, 2012, 10:44 PM
Ana should not be afraid of Venus like she always against Venus, Serena...

Just hope it wont be a shitfest like their last Eastbourne match :tape:

.TheGroke.
Mar 25th, 2012, 10:44 PM
Must be the first time I'm hoping for Venus. :oh: In two.

Charlatan
Mar 25th, 2012, 10:45 PM
My dream 4rd round. I'd be happy no matter who wins. Ana finally is playing two good tournament in a row instead of making QF/SF of one and 1st or 2nd round in next.

This...Happy with either winner, but hopefully vinas :)

madmax
Mar 25th, 2012, 10:45 PM
you can mark a cross on VIP's career if she somehow loses this match tomorrow...

Vuvurenka
Mar 25th, 2012, 10:46 PM
Ana in 3.

Venus, prove me wrong.

graffite
Whoever will put up a better fight against Vika, please win. That's all.

Sombrerero loco
unfortunately, venus will win this

Stonerpova
Mar 25th, 2012, 10:47 PM
Ana.

Cp6uja
Mar 25th, 2012, 10:48 PM
Ana is always in danger when she playing vs players out of TOP100 :scared:

Please Ana - don't underestimate yours low ranked opponent in next round :armed:

DefyingGravity
Mar 25th, 2012, 10:51 PM
Venus will win. It's just a bad match-up for Ana.

But I'm really happy for Venus and Ana! Venus's is doing very well in her first tournament back, and Ana is actually starting to play the top players a lot more regularly. Her losses this year came at the hands of Clijsters, Safarova (ugh), Kvitova, Cetkovska (bad match-up), Wozniacki, Sharapova.

And then if Venus were to continue, I wouldn't upset if she and Serena made a march towards meeting each other in the finals. That would be an amazing story to come out of Miami.

carling
Mar 25th, 2012, 10:54 PM
Venus appears to be injured. She also played 3 hours today. Her comeback this week has been remarkable, but I would be somewhat surprised if she beat Ana. If Venus was 100%, Ana wouldn't have a prayer, but unfortunately that's the breaks.

That written, it will be interesting to see if Ana can step up and take care of business.

faboozadoo15
Mar 25th, 2012, 10:56 PM
If Ana doesn't find a way to win this...

The 2nd Law
Mar 25th, 2012, 11:03 PM
Venus would beat Ana with one arm, so this is going to be interesting

dsanders06
Mar 25th, 2012, 11:12 PM
Even if Venus wasn't done and a shadow of what she once was, Ivanovic would still have a great shot in this match because of the fact it's played on a slow court. One thing that's often overlooked in the Ivanovic-Venus match-up is that all of Venus's wins came on either grass or super-quick hardcourts, and the one previous match they played on a slow hardcourt (AO08), Ivanovic won, because she had more time to scramble back some of Venus's shots and set up for her forehand when she got the chance.

Trickle
Mar 25th, 2012, 11:15 PM
Happy both ways. I'm going to be smiling inside at every point.

Roookie
Mar 25th, 2012, 11:15 PM
I think Ana will win this time.

Pops Maellard
Mar 25th, 2012, 11:20 PM
Please Ana! :sobbing:

spiritedenergy
Mar 25th, 2012, 11:22 PM
the innocent and pure babyAnci aaginst Goddess Venus, it's gonna be ugly :unsure:

jameshazza
Mar 25th, 2012, 11:24 PM
I think VIP, she is genuinely playing good, and Venus is bound to be exhausted both physically and mentally.

Ryan
Mar 25th, 2012, 11:26 PM
If Ana wins, people will say it doesn't count cuz Venus is exhausted. If Venus wins, people will say Ana needs to retire. Haters happy on both counts. :shrug:

Inger67
Mar 25th, 2012, 11:27 PM
I voted for Venus, but I'm not too optimistic after seeing how fatigued she was today. Still not counting her out completely, but I am happy she got this far.

The 2nd Law
Mar 25th, 2012, 11:29 PM
This could possibly be one of Ana's last chances to beat a truly elite player again, as soon they will be all gone. She has beaten Venus once, and Hingis once, that's it, unless you count Sharapova. Terrible record, come on Ana :cheer:

Linguae^
Mar 25th, 2012, 11:30 PM
you can mark a cross on VIP's career if she somehow loses this match tomorrow...

Not true.
The truth is only that Ana is a slight favourite for that match. I guess she might win if she stays calm like she did today in the first set. Ana is supposed to beat Venus in this match. I think we'll witness that.

Simugna Help
Mar 25th, 2012, 11:33 PM
Williams played a 3 hour epic today (and didn't even play that well to begin with), I don't think at this age and with her disease she can recover quick enough for tomorrow, Ana should take it in 2 unless she gets the biggest brainfart in her life.

RenaSlam.
Mar 25th, 2012, 11:35 PM
Venus will rise again. She has a day to rest.

HATERS TO THE LEFT. ARE YOU PRESENT?

The Kaz
Mar 25th, 2012, 11:36 PM
Adje!

18majors
Mar 25th, 2012, 11:37 PM
Ana, Venus is done for the tournament.

Dexter
Mar 25th, 2012, 11:44 PM
Its the last match on centre court tomorrow (NB 9pm). The organizers made sure that Venus gets as much time as possible to recover.

In The Zone
Mar 25th, 2012, 11:47 PM
People are citing Venus' disease as the reason she will not be able to recover. Venus has had this disease for years. She was only diagnosed recently. She is not going to be a different person all of a sudden. Venus has played crap 3 setters and come back to win.

Hopefully she gets enough time to rest. The calf injury worries me more than the fatigue. Venus had genuine grimaces throughout the entire match today.

We shall see. Regardless, Venus can defeat Ana. Then she gets her punching bag. And then Vika. :devil:

young_gunner913
Mar 25th, 2012, 11:47 PM
Its the last match on centre court tomorrow (NB 9pm). The organizers made sure that Venus gets as much time as possible to recover.

Ana played after Venus today, I'm sure she'd likes the little bit of extra time to recover as well.

gc-spurs
Mar 25th, 2012, 11:50 PM
Awesome they both made it! Party on

hankqq
Mar 26th, 2012, 12:09 AM
People are citing Venus' disease as the reason she will not be able to recover. Venus has had this disease for years. She was only diagnosed recently. She is not going to be a different person all of a sudden. Venus has played crap 3 setters and come back to win.

Hopefully she gets enough time to rest. The calf injury worries me more than the fatigue. Venus had genuine grimaces throughout the entire match today.

yeah a lot of posters don't seem to understand this. I think her sloppy play today was due mostly to her leg and not fatigue :shrug: She had trouble getting low for shots and of course her movement was a lot slower than normal.

Cajka
Mar 26th, 2012, 12:09 AM
Great to have them both in the 1/8 final. It's hard to predict the result. Venus is tired and Ana looked much better than her on the court today. But she's in Ana's head.

Tennisation
Mar 26th, 2012, 12:21 AM
I'm optimsitic for Ana. Venus seemed completely worn out today, though she did play well.

Venus in two, or Ana in three. :oh:Were you watching the same match?

Nicolás89
Mar 26th, 2012, 12:23 AM
Tough. But since VIP is useless against the Venus except for that fluke win I'd say Venus will win after saving 8 mps or something... :lol:

KBdoubleu
Mar 26th, 2012, 12:33 AM

We shall see. Regardless, Venus can defeat Ana. Then she gets her punching bag. And then Vika. :devil:

Venus herself said she doesn't know what to expect any given day given the disease. She and her fans can hope she feels fine so she is free to play up to her abilities - but it will be a question mark for the rest of her career. Coupled with the injury that clearly hampered her movement today - Ivanovic is the favorite. However, Venus has proven time and time again not to count her out.

volta
Mar 26th, 2012, 12:33 AM
Vee looked tired and out of energy today so unless She gets some deep rest Ana will probably get the win :sad:

Prove me wrong Vee :hug:

The 2nd Law
Mar 26th, 2012, 12:42 AM
OK :o Myself and most of Ana's fans in here have been pretty downcast about Ana's chances in this match, but her win in 08 was NOT a fluke ffs. Venus played like crap you say? And how did Ana play in 5 out of the 7 times Venus beat her?

Cajka
Mar 26th, 2012, 12:43 AM
Btw, we should not underestimate bp conversion/bp saved stats from their matches here. It shows that Ana can get in trouble even when she plays good and Venus can win a match even when she plays worse than her opponents. It makes things more difficult for Ana. I can't imagine her choking like Wozniak today, but last time she played R4 in Miami it was the ultimate chokefest.

gmokb
Mar 26th, 2012, 12:51 AM
I made the mistake earlier of doubting Venus, not again. I say Venus will win but it might take 3sets to do so.

Infiniti2001
Mar 26th, 2012, 01:27 AM
I never bet against Venus :p

DeliriousPotato
Mar 26th, 2012, 01:28 AM
I voted for Ana, so now I'm going to whip myself for my heresy.
No, but this last match was ridiculous. For me psychologically, she lost today against Wozniak.

AcesHigh
Mar 26th, 2012, 01:57 AM
The calf injury worries me. Either way, I'm just happy Venus is able to play again. Hope she has fun against Ana

JRena
Mar 26th, 2012, 03:42 AM
How many points has Venus racked up so far in reaching r4?

She needs like 650 to get ahead of the other Americans for the olympics right?

In The Zone
Mar 26th, 2012, 03:44 AM
How many points has Venus racked up so far in reaching r4?

She needs like 650 to get ahead of the other Americans for the olympics right?

Serena, Christina, and Vania are in the top 60. 4 max can get in, other Americans are not the issue - especially given Bethanie's form. Hampton is the only asterisk depending if she can catch fire but on red clay - that's doubtful.

Venus will have no issue qualifying for the Olympics. If she can beat Ana and Aga, she'll be in great position.

In The Zone
Mar 26th, 2012, 03:45 AM
Venus herself said she doesn't know what to expect any given day given the disease. She and her fans can hope she feels fine so she is free to play up to her abilities - but it will be a question mark for the rest of her career. Coupled with the injury that clearly hampered her movement today - Ivanovic is the favorite. However, Venus has proven time and time again not to count her out.

Yes but this is not new. The fact that we know it is new. But she always had it.

delicatecutter
Mar 26th, 2012, 03:47 AM

Venus in two, or Ana in three. :oh:

Which match were you watching, sweetie? :unsure:

Ana has a great shot considering how they both played today. Linds claims that Venus played much better against Kvitova so we shall see.

It would be beyond amaze to see Ana do great at IW and Miami back to back.

Kairi
Mar 26th, 2012, 03:53 AM
The calf injury worries me. Either way, I'm just happy Venus is able to play again. Hope she has fun against Ana

she's probably just sore (so many matches back to back etc, so early in her comeback)..at least I hope so :unsure:

Inger67
Mar 26th, 2012, 04:09 AM
Serena, Christina, and Vania are in the top 60. 4 max can get in, other Americans are not the issue - especially given Bethanie's form. Hampton is the only asterisk depending if she can catch fire but on red clay - that's doubtful.

Venus will have no issue qualifying for the Olympics. If she can beat Ana and Aga, she'll be in great position.

You do realize Sloane is good on clay right? She is nearly top 75 atm, however, she has like 272 to defend before and including Wimbledon.

In The Zone
Mar 26th, 2012, 04:13 AM
You do realize Sloane is good on clay right? She is nearly top 75 atm, however, she has like 272 to defend before and including Wimbledon.

Sloane only likes to win in the big events. ;)

Knizzle
Mar 26th, 2012, 04:16 AM
If Venus can get proper rest and energy up she usually plays well against Ana.

joeshmo50
Mar 26th, 2012, 04:20 AM
I don't get the tennis channel, and my friend that does get it won't be around like he was today so does anyone know if there will be a live feed on this match where you don't have to pay (unlike ESPN3)? Preciate the help.

Knizzle
Mar 26th, 2012, 04:30 AM
I don't get the tennis channel, and my friend that does get it won't be around like he was today so does anyone know if there will be a live feed on this match where you don't have to pay (unlike ESPN3)? Preciate the help.Someone will post one in the live scores thread, i'm sure.

delicatecutter
Mar 26th, 2012, 04:40 AM
Check livescorehunter.com or fromsport.com

Reptilia
Mar 26th, 2012, 04:42 AM
Take out the trash, Ana

delicatecutter
Mar 26th, 2012, 04:44 AM
You can't call Venus "trash", you racist!!!

Kairi
Mar 26th, 2012, 04:46 AM
Re: stream.. mypremium.tv has excellent EuroSport streams :yeah:

Sp!ffy
Mar 26th, 2012, 04:47 AM
You can't call Venus "trash", you racist!!!

You are disgusting and idiotic.

delicatecutter
Mar 26th, 2012, 04:50 AM
You are disgusting and idiotic.

Yeah because I wasn't joking around with one of my best friends on the forum or anything. :rolleyes:

pav
Mar 26th, 2012, 04:50 AM
Is this a typo? Do you mean "Big snatch":confused:

Knizzle
Mar 26th, 2012, 04:55 AM
Is this a typo? Do you mean "Big snatch":confused:
Nope, wig snatch. It's vernacular.

Inger67
Mar 26th, 2012, 05:15 AM
Sloane only likes to win in the big events. ;)

True but she still shouldn't be counted out.

And as far as we know, Venus is only playing big events :lol:

zxcVbnm88
Mar 26th, 2012, 05:29 AM
Head: Ana (Vee's movement in her last match was horrible and she might not recover physically from the match with her illness)
Heart: Venus

Mr.Sharapova
Mar 26th, 2012, 05:32 AM
This is the best chance that Ana had in ages to win against Venus. But still Venus will win in two me thinks.

serenafann
Mar 26th, 2012, 07:03 AM
Go Vee!

vwfan
Mar 26th, 2012, 07:10 AM
voted Venus, but really too close to call!

hoping Venus has some gas in the tank, but it's going to be tough!

Edited this after watching the last part of the match: it will take a miracle for Venus to pull off the win, but not editing my vote.

Mistress of Evil
Mar 26th, 2012, 08:31 AM
Venus will be even slower than yesterday. It will be a win itself if she finishes the match.
As to Baby Ajde, she has miraculously risen from the dead.

Yoncé
Mar 26th, 2012, 08:37 AM
Please dont gift her another win Venus :sobbing: Snatch it good!

Venus in two :armed: With choice of bakery goods :oh:

doomsday
Mar 26th, 2012, 08:45 AM
Venus was really not convincing yesterday, Ana in 2 or 3.

Polikarpov
Mar 26th, 2012, 09:16 AM
VIP at her finest. Drawing one of her worst match-ups fairly deep into a tournament when said match-up is clearly going to have nothing left in the tank.

A bad match-up for Baby Anci remains a bad match-up regardless of her opponent's physical state. I still see Vinas winning this.

Adrian1092
Mar 26th, 2012, 09:37 AM
Ana's chances depend on her BH and serve mostly. Wozniak had a solid backhand yesterday as well as a solid FH, which allowed her to stay in the rally longer and make Vee hit more errors... Ana needs to use her FH as always and use the backhand to construct the point. If Vee smacks the ball into Ana's BH enough, it'll be a tough day for Ana.

Hoping for Ana to win in 2! :yeah:

Maddox
Mar 26th, 2012, 09:46 AM
7-1 :lol:

Going with this. Go Vee, recover in time please

Utterchaos
Mar 26th, 2012, 10:28 AM
If Ana is smart, she will try to make the match as long and as physical as possible. Venus played for 3 hours and has no day off. However if she comes out ball bashing and making tons of UE, while keeping pts short, that might just play into Venus' hands. Miami is very slow, her best bet is to grind her down, without going for too much. If she tries to play high risk game, she will lose.

Igorche
Mar 26th, 2012, 11:00 AM
Ajde Ana :smash: you can do it

The Dawntreader
Mar 26th, 2012, 11:18 AM
Venus will have to keep the points ridiculously short to win this.

Not impossible, but unfortunately, she looks absolutely spent. At least she'll give it her all, which may even be enough for Ivanovic to implode :spit:

Sam L
Mar 26th, 2012, 12:23 PM
Love Ana but really hope Venus pulls this one through.

Corswandt
Mar 26th, 2012, 12:24 PM
A non-event.

ElusiveChanteuse
Mar 26th, 2012, 12:33 PM
Venus will win in 3.:oh:

Viennalover
Mar 26th, 2012, 12:47 PM
Venus is in bad form, little chance against Ana. :shrug:
I wonder when did Vee start to use bandage on right leg.
Was she that bad on Petra & Kimiko's match or it's just injury.

She moved really slow and looked tired.
And lost some wieghts.... so vulnerable.:sad:

Juju Nostalgique
Mar 26th, 2012, 12:52 PM
Luvin' NA-MUG's thread titles more and more! :drool: :hearts: :oh:

Stevecw
Mar 26th, 2012, 04:26 PM
Obviously I really hope Ana wins this, but would not be surprised to see Venus pull this one off despite everything.

I'll vote for Ana, hopefully to win in 3 :) :eek:

JAS_
Mar 26th, 2012, 09:17 PM
Ana is leading the poll...

Wait, what? :scratch:

cn ireland
Mar 26th, 2012, 09:19 PM
Venus in 3!