PDA

View Full Version : Miami R3: Ivanovic def. Hantuchova 6-2 7-6(2)

Mynarco
Mar 25th, 2012, 10:35 PM
That TB :o Dani hit errors left and right
Hantuchova was really bad :o

Dani : 19-45, Ana: 22-24

Cosmic Voices
Mar 25th, 2012, 10:36 PM
ana played really solid.
will trouble venus for sure, but even so, venus can punish ana's unstable serve

InsideOut.
Wow, someone was desperate to start the thread :o It was 7-2

Good stuff from Ana, tight finish but solid in that tiebreak. I have to wonder how Hantuchova ever won a tiebreak against Serena because she just started off by gifting 4 straight forehand errors.

Antoshka
I am proud of you, Ana :)

Belmont Lad
Odious TB from Dani after she had worked herself into the match. :help:

spiritedenergy
ajde babygurl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Bad match though, but hot gurls :oh:

Now Venus :unsure:

doooma6816
Mar 25th, 2012, 10:37 PM
That TB from Daniela was awful.
Ana was good enough.
Congrats!:cheer:

illusyve
Nothing too special from Ana, just a crapload of errors from Daniela, who was the aggressor for most of the match :o

Should be an interesting match-up against Venus.

Joelina
Daniela has literally no serve and Ana was even not able to break her through DanielaŽs 2nd serve, Daniela is in very bad form lately - she sucks :o

The Daviator
Mar 25th, 2012, 10:38 PM
Very clean first set, and she kept it together mentally in the close moments in the second :yeah:

Tweety Snape
Dani's toss was even worse than Ana's...

killerqueen
Solid performance from Ana. She didn't play particularly well, but it was good enough. I'm pleased she managed to make it through in straights, because until that TB, Dani had upped her game in the second set.

Oh by the way, Ana is now likely to return to the Top 15 for the first time in however long! :bounce:

Lulu.
Dani. :shrug:
Nice try.

Joelina
Mar 25th, 2012, 10:39 PM
Ivanovic was playing nothing special, Pattaya Daniela would have won this one easily

Gilas.
Maybe she can beat Venus now. I doubt it though :awww:

Adrian1092
Thank God Ana! I feared her poor TB record could work against her here but kudos to her for getting the win :yeah:
Ajde against Venus :armed:

Derek.
Way to give away the tiebreak, Daniela. :help: :o

Broseghini
Mar 25th, 2012, 10:40 PM
Ana :cheer:
http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg35/scaled.php?server=35&filename=semttulolkd.png&res=medium

The 2nd Law
Mar 25th, 2012, 10:40 PM
Straight sets is flattering for Ana, given her form in that second set - but she won ugly. We criticsed her in the last couple of years for not being able to do that.

Points defended, and I believe back in the top 15 now - first time since 09 :) All that just for another chance to get schooled by Venus :o

Trickle
Mar 25th, 2012, 10:41 PM
Well done Ana! Solid win.

Joelina
Ana :cheer:
http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg35/scaled.php?server=35&filename=semttulolkd.png&res=medium

Central Court is full of UEŽs today, first Venus (63) now Daniela...6 double faults :tape:

danieln1
NID.

Obviously if Ana played well Hantuchova would have zero chance.

She played medium and still won.

Hopefully sheŽll make it competitive against Vens :unsure:

The 2nd Law
Also, she didn't use Nigel at all today. Stayed mentally stable *enough through that second set, although Dani did help at times :lol:

TheBoiledEgg
Mar 25th, 2012, 10:42 PM
Daniela was just awful :facepalm:
Nice to see Ana not implode for once in a breaker

Mixal
Mar 25th, 2012, 10:42 PM
Watched it here and there. Ana was solid until she got close to the finish line, then got tight. Daniela handed her the win in the TB.

Btw, it seemed like they switched ball tosses in this match.

spiritedenergy
Mar 25th, 2012, 10:43 PM
NID.

ana played mediocre but Hantuchova played awful, apart from a strecth in the second set... 45 UEs to 19 winners:tape: Be fair gurls

Roookie
Well done Ana :dance: Take out Venus next!

carling
Way to go, Ana!

Joelina
Mar 25th, 2012, 10:44 PM
NID.

Daniela played awful and still managed to get into tie break :rolleyes:

Stonerpova
Mar 25th, 2012, 10:45 PM
Nice enough first set, but Ana was pretty passive in the second. She stepped up her intensity in the tiebreaker which is good to see.

Defended her points :cheer: She's got a really nice chance to beat Venus next round. If she keeps it together mentally she should win.

Charlatan
Mar 25th, 2012, 10:48 PM
ana played mediocre but Hantuchova played awful, apart from a strecth in the second set... 45 UEs to 19 winners:tape: Be fair gurls

Daniela played awful and still managed to get into tie break :rolleyes:

guys, that's just danieln1 and his typical biased analysis on matches... :haha:

Sombrerero loco
anotoxfa :hysteric:
ana, please beat vinas tomorrow

The 2nd Law
Nice enough first set, but Ana was pretty passive in the second. She stepped up her intensity in the tiebreaker which is good to see.

Defended her points :cheer: She's got a really nice chance to beat Venus next round. If she keeps it together mentally she should win.

I'm not so sure :tape: Venus has been fighting very well it seems

spiritedenergy
Mar 25th, 2012, 10:49 PM
guys, that's just danieln1 and his typical biased analysis on matches... :haha:

rather than biased i would say clueless :oh:

Cajka
Mar 25th, 2012, 10:49 PM
It seemed too be very windy there, so we can't expect great matches. Ana did well, she was smart enough not to try to play too risky in such conditions.

spiritedenergy
Mar 25th, 2012, 10:50 PM
It seemed too be very windy there, so we can't expect great matches. Ana did well, she was smart enough not to try to play too risky in such conditions.

yes, but most of her FHs were going in the bottom of the net, that is not the wind... The wind probably wrecked havoc on Hantuchova though, maybe in the first set. In the tie break she probably choked

eddyhanty
Mar 25th, 2012, 10:50 PM
Ana was mostly solid but that was worst televised performance of the year from Daniela...a 3rd set would have been intriguing..

fANAtic
Mar 25th, 2012, 10:51 PM
Flattering scoreline for Daniela. Ana pulled back in the second set.

saul1333
Good stuff :yeah:

espana
What's up with Dani these days? In Pattaya she was impressive, playing great tennis and now she hits so many errors, double faults in each match, she's really struggling. And that tiebreak was awful, 6 unforced errors from Dani, she just handed over the victory to Ana. What's wrong with her?

spiritedenergy
Mar 25th, 2012, 10:53 PM
What's up with Dani these days? In Pattaya she was impressive, playing great tennis and now she hits so many errors, double faults in each match, she's really struggling. And that tiebreak was awful, 6 unforced errors from Dani, she just handed over the victory to Ana. What's wrong with her?

someone said she does not like the heavy balls of Miami

hankqq
Mar 25th, 2012, 10:56 PM
Ana played OK today but she was more sloppy in the 2nd set. It seemed as if Hantuchova was having trouble with the wind since she was overhitting a lot. :shrug:

Linguae^
Mar 25th, 2012, 11:00 PM
Good enough from Ana, Hantuchova rised up her game in the second set, but Ana stayed calm. Everyone has troubles breaking Hantuchova, she plays great every break point - almost reminded me of their match in Birmingham last year, unfortunately lost. Ana can dash Venus' hopes if she stays calm, so I even pick Ana to win that match.
PS. I always like when she beats Hantuchova, damn yes.

spiritedenergy
Mar 25th, 2012, 11:02 PM
Good enough from Ana, Hantuchova rised up her game in the second set, but Ana stayed calm. Everyone has troubles breaking Hantuchova, she plays great every break point - almost reminded me of their match in Birmingham last year, unfortunately lost. Ana can dash Venus' hopes if she stays calm, so I even pick Ana to win that match.
PS. I always like when she beats Hantuchova, damn yes.

I think Ana's best match will always be that SF... epic on so many levels:worship:

doni1212
Mar 25th, 2012, 11:02 PM
Ana played well in the first but the second set was scratchy. But I'll take it! I like her chances against Venus especially considering the fact that Venus looked really fatigued during her match today...

Cajka
Mar 25th, 2012, 11:03 PM
yes, but most of her FHs were going in the bottom of the net, that is not the wind... The wind probably wrecked havoc on Hantuchova though, maybe in the first set. In the tie break she probably choked

The wind is more than enough to make Hantuchova fall apart. Remember the squeaking shoes.

Pops Maellard
Mar 25th, 2012, 11:18 PM
Ana Banana! :banana:

dsanders06
Mar 25th, 2012, 11:18 PM
Anci :yeah: Not great play atall, but that only makes the fact she's winning in straight-sets even more impressive - she's finally relearning how to win ugly and just to get business done even if you're not at your best. Also quite surprising she's backing up such a great result from last week so well, because usually in recent years when she has a great result one week she gets overexcited and flames out early in her next tournament.

spiritedenergy
Mar 25th, 2012, 11:20 PM
The wind is more than enough to make Hantuchova fall apart. Remember the squeaking shoes.

:lol: but they did not, she complained about them in the 1s set and went on to lead 6-0 2-0;)

Richie's
Mar 25th, 2012, 11:25 PM
:lol:

RenaSlam.
Mar 25th, 2012, 11:28 PM
VIP stringing consecutive matches together in consecutive tournaments. It must be 2012.

Stonerpova
Mar 25th, 2012, 11:28 PM
I'm not so sure :tape: Venus has been fighting very well it seems

Agreed, but I think she's physically spent. One of the balls she hit into the crowd today didn't make it to the stands, and Richard came down on court and carried her bags for her.

Cajka
Mar 25th, 2012, 11:35 PM
:lol: but they did not, she complained about them in the 1s set and went on to lead 6-0 2-0;)

She complained about something during the whole match. About the shoes, imaginary double bounce, she gets nervous and angry too easily. :lol: & :sad:

One of the weirdest players ever. Today she fought so hard in the second set, saved so many bps just to play completely awful in that tb.

I'm glad she played awful in tb this time because I cheered for Ana. But when I cheer for her, it's disgusting to watch her falling apart like that.

18majors
Mar 25th, 2012, 11:39 PM
Ana is on a roll, final is a real possibility.

Stonerpova
Mar 25th, 2012, 11:48 PM
Ana is on a roll, final is a real possibility.

She'd have to beat Venus tomorrow, then likely Radwanska and Azarenka. I think she'll beat Venus, but she's lost the last four against Radwanska and Azarenka's another story entirely. I wish I had your optimism :sobbing:

Curtos07
Mar 25th, 2012, 11:59 PM
It wasn't Ana's best stuff, but I'll take the win any day of the week. Especially considering she won in a tiebreak, which Ana barely ever does. Got to tentative in the 2nd set. Needs to play more aggressively against Venus. I will not get my hopes up, because I fear I'll have my heartbroken. But Ana definitely has a chance tomorrow night.

Charlatan
Mar 26th, 2012, 12:06 AM
rather than biased i would say clueless :oh:

ooops :oh: :lol:

Shvedbarilescu
Mar 26th, 2012, 12:21 AM
The problem for Dani today was that Ana only hit three double faults. Had she hit 23 like Dani's last opponent I believe Dani would have had an excellent chance at winning this match.

NyCPsU
Mar 26th, 2012, 12:24 AM
Daniela was atrocious. Worst Ive seen her in a long time Take some time off and come back strong in the red clay season. :shrug:

Venus please destroy Ana. Thanks.

doooma6816
Mar 26th, 2012, 12:28 AM
She'd have to beat Venus tomorrow, then likely Radwanska and Azarenka. I think she'll beat Venus, but she's lost the last four against Radwanska and Azarenka's another story entirely. I wish I had your optimism :sobbing:

Ana played like shit in these matches tbh. :lol:

InsideOut.
Mar 26th, 2012, 12:40 AM
Daniela has the dubious honour of being the only player to have lost more than 1 tiebreak against Ana since the beginning of 2011. And Ana hasn't even won that many tiebreaks :oh:

The 2nd Law
Mar 26th, 2012, 12:43 AM
Daniela has the dubious honour of being the only player to have lost more than 1 tiebreak against Ana since the beginning of 2011. And Ana hasn't even won that many tiebreaks :oh:

:drool:

delicatecutter
Mar 26th, 2012, 12:59 AM
Good job Baby Ajde. Good luck against Venus! :cheer:

Tenis Srbija
Mar 26th, 2012, 01:56 AM
Ana!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

spiritedenergy
Mar 26th, 2012, 03:46 AM
The problem for Dani today was that Ana only hit three double faults. Had she hit 23 like Dani's last opponent I believe Dani would have had an excellent chance at winning this match.

:oh:

delicatecutter
Mar 26th, 2012, 03:48 AM
Did Katya seriously hit 23 DFs? :rolls:

toxina90
Mar 26th, 2012, 08:25 AM
Hopeless, still not over AO SF :help:

Mistress of Evil
Mar 26th, 2012, 08:26 AM
Both girls playing in the exact same outfit - embarrassing.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lq002g6jIB1qbgi86o3_250.gif

Curtos07
Mar 26th, 2012, 09:03 AM
http://i42.tinypic.com/117bm9s.jpg

C. Drone
Mar 26th, 2012, 09:20 AM
Danka... meh :o :hug:
NID match for VIP in next round, Vinas has no energy left.

Igorche
Mar 26th, 2012, 10:59 AM
Bravo Ana http://forum.planetswans.co.uk/images/smilies/happydance.gif Idemo