PDA

View Full Version : Will Garbine Muguruza Blanco get to #1 in her career?

Galang
Mar 25th, 2012, 08:02 PM
What do you guys think?

edificio
Mar 25th, 2012, 08:03 PM
Have yet to see her play.

Why this joke thread? What is the point?

New_balls_please
OMG you guys are ridiculous :facepalm:
Most of us haven't even seen her play yet. Don't you think it's way too early to tell? :p

Queenpova
dumb thread

Galang
Mar 25th, 2012, 08:04 PM
Because I reckon yes

borck
Yes, of course.

Patrick345
What do you guys think?

Obviously not, since Robson will be #1 for next 15 years.

Gilas.
:rolleyes:

deliverance.
I knew, I knew :lol:

RenaSlam.
Future GOAT. Moron.

TeamUla
Mar 25th, 2012, 08:05 PM
:facepalm: No one even saw her play.

Coconut91
Mar 25th, 2012, 08:05 PM
Please leave her alone :o

jj74
Mar 25th, 2012, 08:07 PM
Please stop. The girl is having a very good week, period. What will happen to her in the future is yet unknown.
Most people don't even know how is her game

tenisboss
Mar 25th, 2012, 08:08 PM
From "Who is Garbine Muguruza Blanco?" to "Will Gabine Muguruza Blanco get to No.1?" :D

GoofyDuck
Mar 25th, 2012, 08:09 PM
go away

Miracle Worker
Mar 25th, 2012, 08:14 PM
Ok, we noticed that you're still here, now get lost.

Javi.
Mar 25th, 2012, 08:19 PM
OMG you guys are ridiculous :facepalm:
Most of us haven't even seen her play yet. Don't you think it's way too early to tell? :p

This.

Aaron.
Mar 25th, 2012, 08:21 PM
She beat Pennetta and Zvonareva :weirdo:

starin
Mar 25th, 2012, 08:22 PM
Never seen her play but I'm going to say YES!!
To be named Mug means she has to be extremely good.

AjdeNate!
Mar 25th, 2012, 08:23 PM
GOATmug.

QuestJon
Mar 25th, 2012, 08:29 PM
From "Who is Garbine Muguruza Blanco?" to "Will Gabine Muguruza Blanco get to No.1?" :D

This fact alone would be not impossible and making a nice story.

But the fact that there were only 3 days between them
makes you think the second poster left his brains off here?

GrandMartha
Mar 25th, 2012, 08:29 PM
Probably not but if she will her new name will be Garbage Mug ;)

Galang
Mar 25th, 2012, 08:31 PM
I'm actually being serious guys, but whatever. Stay pressed

Sammo
Mar 25th, 2012, 08:48 PM
No, Andy Roddick will change his sex and will dominate womens tennis for the next 20 years.

Inger67
Mar 25th, 2012, 08:50 PM
Seriously? This girl gets some good results and people already want to start trolling about her? Leave her alone :rolleyes:

Srodgers
Mar 25th, 2012, 08:55 PM
Lets not get ahead of ourselves or anything :rolleyes:

aguy9797
Mar 25th, 2012, 08:57 PM
how about "I have no idea cause I have never seen her playing" as an option?

Sombrerero loco
Mar 25th, 2012, 09:02 PM
Obviously not, since Robson will be #1 for next 15 years.

:haha:

jjlove
Mar 25th, 2012, 09:08 PM
This must be one of the most ridiculous threads in TF ever :facepalm: Could you just leave the girl alone?

Aravanecaravan
Mar 26th, 2012, 02:12 AM
None of you saw her play but I saw her three matches in a row this week plus once at Clearwater last week. That makes me infinitely more qualified to make an assessment at this point.

There is no part of her game that is a weakness. She is tall and can serve well consistently, and is a clutch server. By that I mean, when she needs to come up with a big serve, she almost always does it. Remarkable for an 18 year old. She doesn't double fault much either. She hits a ton of winners and has awesome power off of both wings. Huge wingspan and moves very well for a tall girl, covering lots of ground with her long legs. She stays low and hits low, flat shots but doesn't hit into the net as much as you'd think. She makes excellent decisions when coming into the net and hits approach shots deep to the corners with firm, crisp angled volleys and swing volleys and sets up easy winners. It is no coincidence why she has made this run at Clearwater and Miami. She has serious game.

There was a young boy and his Dad next to me at the match today and they heard me cheering for Garbine and smiled and said "she's really good!" and I nodded, and saw his autograph tennis ball and said, "win, lose or draw, you should try to get her autograph after the match because someday she is going to be a big star!"

Charlatan
Mar 26th, 2012, 02:14 AM
of course, the OP is, as usual, Galang :facepalm: NID

Charlatan
Mar 26th, 2012, 02:17 AM
dumb thread

Future GOAT. Moron.

Please leave her alone :o

Please stop.

go away

:lol:

Craig.
Mar 26th, 2012, 02:22 AM
I love how the OP's obviously trolling but so many people seem to be taking him seriously :lol:

Pvt. Kovalenko
Mar 26th, 2012, 02:28 AM
She beat Pennetta and Zvonareva :weirdo:

The parameters to reach the Number #1 of WTA, finally reached the "peak".. :worship:

A negative one...

Tenis Srbija
Mar 26th, 2012, 02:36 AM
:spit: :spit: :spit: and here we go...
Honestly I don't think she can. Kaia Kanepi, Mona Barthel, Timea Babos and 2952952 other players have advantage.... :rolleyes:

Tenis Srbija
Mar 26th, 2012, 02:39 AM
None of you saw her play but I saw her three matches in a row this week plus once at Clearwater last week. That makes me infinitely more qualified to make an assessment at this point.

There is no part of her game that is a weakness. She is tall and can serve well consistently, and is a clutch server. By that I mean, when she needs to come up with a big serve, she almost always does it. Remarkable for an 18 year old. She doesn't double fault much either. She hits a ton of winners and has awesome power off of both wings. Huge wingspan and moves very well for a tall girl, covering lots of ground with her long legs. She stays low and hits low, flat shots but doesn't hit into the net as much as you'd think. She makes excellent decisions when coming into the net and hits approach shots deep to the corners with firm, crisp angled volleys and swing volleys and sets up easy winners. It is no coincidence why she has made this run at Clearwater and Miami. She has serious game.

There was a young boy and his Dad next to me at the match today and they heard me cheering for Garbine and smiled and said "she's really good!" and I nodded, and saw his autograph tennis ball and said, "win, lose or draw, you should try to get her autograph after the match because someday she is going to be a big star!"

Can I get your autograph????!!! Pleeeeaseeeeeee... :lol:

PetraReeMona
Mar 26th, 2012, 03:30 AM
How come this poster isn't banned?

He's (I presume it's a he) is extremely rude in his posts, constantly trolls, throws insults left, right and centre at certain players and makes wind-up threads constantly.

Why is he not banned?

ranfurly
Mar 26th, 2012, 03:38 AM
And this is what he/she wants, to come back and see 3+ pages of baiting from one post, and we are all contributing.

Don't feed it, it will go away.

If he casts a lure, don't take the bait.

delicatecutter
Mar 26th, 2012, 03:43 AM
I'm sure she and Caroline Garcia will be battling it out for all the Majors in the near future! :hearts:

Buitenzorg
Mar 26th, 2012, 03:50 AM
to early to call :p

you wouldn't predicted Garbine to reach #1 in her career just because she is on fire at Miami :p

delicatecutter
Mar 26th, 2012, 03:52 AM
Does anyone have pics of this girl? That might dramatically influence my opinion. :oh:

Tenis Srbija
Mar 26th, 2012, 04:09 AM
Does anyone have pics of this girl? That might dramatically influence my opinion. :oh:

Google her...it's not that complicated, trust me :lol:

delicatecutter
Mar 26th, 2012, 05:00 AM
Google her...it's not that complicated, trust me :lol:

LOL I'm a lazy bitch. :lol:

She seems fortunate-looking! :yeah: Kind of reminds me of Pennetta in one of the PHOtos.

jjlove
Mar 26th, 2012, 05:54 AM
I saw her play some matches also in 25k Benicarlo (Spain) last November and as much as I love her game she has things to improve (at least at that time) IMO she needs to work on her net game (you can see she is not comfortable there), get more consistency with her serve and she could add some variety to her game (she hardly ever uses the slice for instance) But yes, she has a promissing future :yeah:

JJ all the way
Mar 26th, 2012, 06:07 AM
I wish we could still immortilize BepaMaria's thread! Greatest one ever!!

Robhes
Mar 26th, 2012, 06:28 AM
What do you guys think?

:facepalm::facepalm:

The Kaz
Mar 26th, 2012, 06:45 AM
Viktoria Kutuzova reached the IW 4th round as a WC in 2005 and followed it up with a 3R showing in Charleston as a Q at the age of 16 and look at her now... ranked in the mid 400s and cannot even win the 10Ks in Turkey.

My point is give her time... this flash-in-a-pan result doesn't automatically translate into superstardom.

Big_Banana
Mar 26th, 2012, 08:12 AM
bit early, ha? :spit: