PDA

View Full Version : Records WTA

Tenis Srbija
Mar 25th, 2012, 03:33 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WTA_Tour_records

:wavey:

Almost every single important record is here. Some are quite surprising (like Sharapova being No 1 active player when it comes to percentage of wins on clay, Janković being No 4 when it comes to Premier/Tier I titles, etc...)

ElusiveChanteuse
Mar 25th, 2012, 03:58 AM
and Masha is the current active player who has won at least a title every year (for 9 straight years.:eek:) I wonder she will keep the record going and win a title this year.:oh:

and either Fran, Flavia, Nadia, Marion, Dani, JJ, Bepa, Sveta or Cake could possibly reach 500 career wins this season.:cheer: :oh:

Tenis Srbija
Mar 25th, 2012, 04:09 AM
and Masha is the current active player who has won at least a title every year (for 9 straight years.:eek:) I wonder she will keep the record going and win a title this year.:oh:

and either Fran, Flavia, Nadia, Marion, Dani, JJ, Bepa, Sveta or Cake could possibly reach 500 career wins this season.:cheer: :oh:

Yeah, that was a :eek: info for me. I didn't think she won a title few years back when she had a shoulder problem...but she did! :)

JJ is the youngest player with most wins that is still active in Top 10, and Tamarin Tanasugarn is No2 on the list :lol:

Craig.
Mar 25th, 2012, 04:12 AM
Where did you see Jankovic being no.4 in Premier title wins? I don't see anything about Premier titles...

Tenis Srbija
Mar 25th, 2012, 04:16 AM
Where did you see Jankovic being no.4 in Premier title wins? I don't see anything about Premier titles...

Different source, sorry... And it's only among active players!
I'll try to find a link to it ASAP.

Steven.
Mar 25th, 2012, 04:44 AM
I really want Masha to end her career being one of the 13 people to have a career win % of 80+ :sad:

but the jump down from 79% (lindsay) to not even 77% is shocking. it really just shows you how competitive the 00s were with 7 people playing during that period having a win % of 79% or better. I wonder who is 16th.

Mustafina
Mar 25th, 2012, 05:56 AM
I almost want Kuznetsova to retire now and preserve her winning percentage at the French Open.

Tomic
Mar 25th, 2012, 06:35 AM
My girl Nicole Vaidišová: 15 years, 3 months, 23 days (2004 Vancouver) in top 7 for Youngest winners of a singles title, comeback Niiki V.

MrSerenaWilliams
Mar 25th, 2012, 09:37 AM
If Serena won a title in 2006 she would be at 13 years + of winning at least 1 title :sobbing:

MarkNL
Mar 25th, 2012, 09:54 AM
Zhang Shuai is the lowest ranked player to have ever defeated a world no. 1 :oh: Well, she beat Dinara... :p Good for Serena Zhang :D

MegaDethly
Mar 25th, 2012, 02:07 PM
So Venus, please, in order to make your legacy EVEN MORE AWESOME: play a full season, win 1 more title, avoid the French open like the plague until you retire, and beat a world number 1 a couple more times.

Mightymirza
Mar 25th, 2012, 02:27 PM
Where is the record for most double faults? :p

Tenis Srbija
Mar 25th, 2012, 03:12 PM
Where is the record for most double faults? :p
Now that is important! Dokić is probably waiting for a confirmation so she can enter the Hall of Fame! :worship: :lol:

Sylvester
Mar 25th, 2012, 03:16 PM
I hope Schiavone gets to the 500 wins. She just needs 9 more wins, but considering her current form :help:

Tennisation
Mar 25th, 2012, 03:16 PM
Now that is important! Dokić is probably waiting for a confirmation so she can enter the Hall of Fame! :worship: :lol:Over Kournikova's dead body!

Tenis Srbija
Mar 25th, 2012, 03:26 PM
Over Kournikova's dead body!

:lol:

Well, JD has like 3 more "I will get back to Top Anything" years in her. Hundreads of DF's are ahead of her... Keep it strong Jelly, Hall of Fame is waiting!!! :bounce:

helio_c
Mar 25th, 2012, 03:33 PM
Dinara and Ana as number 1's :hearts:

Tenis Srbija
Mar 31st, 2012, 04:01 AM
Dinara and Ana as number 1's :hearts:

It's kinda funny how both went so bad downhill after they got that No1 place :shrug:

Craig.
Mar 31st, 2012, 04:14 AM
If Maria wins tomorrow, she'll get to 10 straight years having won a title! Do it Mash!

Tenis Srbija
Mar 31st, 2012, 05:01 AM
If Maria wins tomorrow, she'll get to 10 straight years having won a title! Do it Mash!

She will...and even if she doesn't she has the American tour 2 to do it :lol:

The Daviator
Mar 31st, 2012, 01:17 PM
Lindsay with the most wins ever at the AO :eek:

jameshazza
Mar 31st, 2012, 03:41 PM
I seen the Sharapova clay stat last year but yeah it is surprising till you look at her results on the surface. Not spectacular but very very solid and consistent.

LightWarrior
Mar 31st, 2012, 04:17 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WTA_Tour_records

:wavey:

Great stuff, thanks !

The 1st table (Singles WTA Career Grand Slam Tournament Records) is interesting because it really shows how consistent at the top Chris Evert was in GS. People always talk about Graf & Nav being as the GOATS, well they should watch these stats !

Also I always thought Evert had the highest singles career winning percentage in the Open Era, above Court...:confused:

Jimmy Dragoon
Mar 31st, 2012, 06:47 PM
Serena, Kim, Venus, and Justine account for 4 of the top 10 in career grand slam tournament records . . . that one generation. Amazing! It could be argued that generation was the best ever. Serena has the highest winning percentage in grand slam finals. Damn! If Serena hadn't missed 10 or so grand slams for various reasons, then there is no doubt in my mind that she would have 18 or more by now.