PDA

View Full Version : WWW MIAMI 4R: [8] NaNa Li v [12] Sabine Lisicki

NA-GOAT
Mar 24th, 2012, 10:16 PM
I hope Na can get her 1st victory over Sabine ;)

vozas
Mar 24th, 2012, 10:19 PM
:help:

This is gonna be the shitfest of the year.

Probably Credit Card in 3. For her sake hoping it's not a night match though :scared:

18majors
Mar 24th, 2012, 10:19 PM
I hope Na can get her 1st victory over Sabine ;)

May be next tournament!

Tenis Srbija
Mar 24th, 2012, 10:21 PM

Probably Credit Card in 3. For her sake hoping it's not a night match though :scared:

Let's predict...how many BP's will there be: A) 10 - 20, B) 20 - 30, C) 30+

jcon86
Mar 24th, 2012, 10:24 PM
Let's predict...how many BP's will there be: A) 10 - 20, B) 20 - 30, C) 30+

I say B
The real question is how many unforced errors :lol:

dsanders06
Mar 24th, 2012, 10:26 PM
Very interesting.

A slow hardcourt like this favours Li more than the surfaces their previous matches were played on, but you can't help wondering if Li has some mental scars from that Wimbledon meeting .... still, I'll go with Li in 3.

Israel
Mar 24th, 2012, 10:27 PM
This is a very nice matchup.
I really enjoyed watching their Wimbledon meeting although Na deserved to win there.
I predict a close 2 setter to either way.

Lisickinator
Mar 24th, 2012, 10:28 PM
Sabine will win. She's 7-0 against chinese players ;)

vozas
Mar 24th, 2012, 10:30 PM
Still, their Wimbledon match last year was easily one of the highlights of the year from both, probably the best match of 2011 really, but they went on a downward spiral since then.

Pasta-Na
Mar 24th, 2012, 11:09 PM
NaNa will win in 2 on this surface. :p

Stonerpova
Mar 24th, 2012, 11:14 PM
Theoretically Li should win this easily. Lisicki's style of play is an ideal match-up for her, and unlike the rest of this board I didn't think a 4 and 5 victory over Peng was that impressive. Having said that Li may still have a mental block after their Wimbledon encounter that probably had a lot to do with her slump. If she starts slowly and lets Lisicki get on a roll early she's in big trouble. This match could go either way, but the surface favors Li more so I'll take her in three.

RobinT83
Mar 24th, 2012, 11:23 PM
Na in 2.

cn ireland
Mar 24th, 2012, 11:29 PM
Li in 3!

danieln1
Mar 24th, 2012, 11:36 PM
Na should get revenge for that RIDICULOUS Wimbledon loss.

Pasta-Na
Mar 24th, 2012, 11:40 PM
Na should get revenge for that RIDICULOUS Wimbledon loss.

already... in Wuhan Expo. :secret: :angel:

$uricate
Mar 24th, 2012, 11:41 PM

Nothing for the remainder of the year can possibly be worse than Hanutuchova vs Bondarenko yesterday :sobbing:

tkutsaar
Mar 24th, 2012, 11:42 PM
The Wimbledon match of last year made me a fan of Sabine. Considering her meltdown to Zvonareva at RG the fact that she was able to pull out of 15-40 and 3-5 hole in the third set spoke volumes of her mental capacity to overcome adversity. Those were the only two match points Li had against Lisicki despite subsequently twice having the opportunity for serving to win the match. And Li did not choke on the four points that produced Sabine’s win of the ninth game. Those points were two service winners followed by two aces.

As for not doing much since, such critics easily forget that Sabine was a wild card entrant to Wimbledon and now currently ranks 13th. She is the real deal as long as she is free of injury.

StoneRose
Mar 24th, 2012, 11:45 PM
Impossible to predict.

chingching
Mar 25th, 2012, 12:25 AM
Nana is in wonderful form. Beating bensesova in such convincing fashion isnt easy. She also senses that she needs to buil points here to put less pressur on Rome, Madrid and RG

Blu€
Mar 25th, 2012, 12:29 AM
Tears will be shed :lol:, hopefully Na gets her act together! :cheer:

Mike81
Mar 25th, 2012, 12:41 AM
In matches that COUNT, Sabine 2 from 2 against NaNa. Please make it 3 from 3 Sabine!!

Oh the memories :angel: Was so proud of her. I want to feel this pride again!

KjiPjbuCA40

Big_Banana
Mar 25th, 2012, 08:54 AM
seriously you think Na is still thinking about wimbledon? :spit:
if she loses, won't be for that reason for sure. anyway, hard to predict.

BH both wings
Mar 25th, 2012, 09:21 AM
Nana is in wonderful form. Beating bensesova in such convincing fashion isnt easy. She also senses that she needs to buil points here to put less pressur on Rome, Madrid and RG

Wonderful form? Convincing fashion? I didn't watch the match and I don't have any match statistics, but judging by the scoreline Li is far from wonderful or being convincing. She'd have lost the first set against any serious opponent and even in the second set she needed tons of breakpoints to edge ahead.

This is Lisicki's to win or to lose. If she plays a halfway decent game, Li won't have a chance.

Mike81
Mar 25th, 2012, 09:38 AM
seriously you think Na is still thinking about wimbledon? :spit:
if she loses, won't be for that reason for sure. anyway, hard to predict.

If Sabine can start serving to her potential again then Li Na wouldn't be able to handle that. Sabine's had some poor matches in recent months obviously but Li is still a good matchup for Bine as Bine proved in Stuttgart and Wimbledon. Although this surface is different. Anyway still optimistic because Bine is 7 from 7 against Chinese players and 2 from 2 against Li Na :hearts:

Big_Banana
Mar 25th, 2012, 09:49 AM
If Sabine can start serving to her potential again then Li Na wouldn't be able to handle that. Sabine's had some poor matches in recent months obviously but Li is still a good matchup for Bine as Bine proved in Stuttgart and Wimbledon. Although this surface is different. Anyway still optimistic because Bine is 7 from 7 against Chinese players and 2 from 2 against Li Na :hearts:

well, yes, we know Na has some problems returning to serves like sammy's and sabine's one, but I was talking about the "psychological" aspect of that defeat, one can't stay fixed on a defeat forever, that's why she is a professional ;)

garyyoung
Mar 25th, 2012, 09:56 AM
Na In 2

longtin23
Mar 25th, 2012, 12:40 PM
Hope NaNa will get into the match faster this match, her last two match got 75 first set means she's not quite in the match... and we really dont know is Sabine slumpy or not...

Plus if Peng can get 4 and 5 games, then Na should at least get a set...

Vuvurenka
Mar 25th, 2012, 12:42 PM
Na in 3. 6-4 5-7 6-3

ElusiveChanteuse
Mar 25th, 2012, 12:47 PM
Na better win and not choke again.:rolleyes:

Azareniacki
Mar 25th, 2012, 10:19 PM
I think Sabine will have no chance :( Na isn't in bad form..

AjdeNate!
Mar 25th, 2012, 10:21 PM
Na Li 6-3, 2-6, 7-5

andyjason
Mar 26th, 2012, 03:32 PM
Hopefully Li can win.
Li is quite afraid of Lisicki's big serve. This is a problem!
But here is hard court! Things may be different from last year wimbledon!!!