PDA

View Full Version : Miami R3: Wickmayer def Clijsters 64 76(5)

Craig.
Mar 24th, 2012, 08:21 PM
:lol:

Kairi
http://www.vistaload.de/bilder/laughing.gif

Specter
:spit:

joão.
Yanina :cheer:

dsanders06
Don't think we didn't notice your premature ejaculation, Craig :oh:

Yorker
Kim shouldn't have played she ldn't move for any angle shot, the fact that it was 4 and 6 and took 7 matchpoints is laughable

Lulu.
Mar 24th, 2012, 08:22 PM
Yanina. :yeah:
Excellent win.

RR-87
:woohoo:

Novichok
Yanina :hearts: :cheer:

GrandMartha
Pushniacki and her luck :sobbing:

vozas
http://i52.tinypic.com/okah6r.jpg

sxeraserhead
Looks like Caroline is making the QF :spit:

Craig.
Don't think we didn't notice your premature ejaculation, Craig :oh:

Oh God :bigcry:

Tweety Snape
Didn't see that one coming. Good job by Yanina (well, except for that...wonderful tiebreak). :cheer:

Nicolás89
Kim almost makes another epic comeback. :lol:

SVK
Kimugthy is done.

On a serious note - didn´t see this coming, although Kim looked injured/uninterested at that TB...almost saved 4 MPs in TB in a row again.

tenisboss
Mar 24th, 2012, 08:23 PM
Congrats Yanina, I am a bit disappointed, but I draw Kim only to QF in my FITD

Pump-it-UP
Why do ankle injuries always prevent Serena/Kim from happening? :help::help::help:

Seems like Yanina played well though minus the horrible choking at the end. Kim was barely moving ffs. :lol:

doooma6816
Now I can say this tournament is a mess...now watch Serena, Venus etc. losing

Jane Lane
YASS! :cheer: She almost choked LMAO 8 MPs? :rolls: Beat Caro for good measure. :lol:

:wavey: Part timer buh bye.

nfl46
Just retire and go have kids. Lol. Kim doesn't care about tennis anymore.

~{X}~
Clijsters played horrible, and is she still injured?

Wickmayer served great for the most part.

MH0861
Bye!

Vuvurenka

Now watch Serena and Stosur fall out of Wozniacki's way to the SF

Yanina, get a new brain and play like the first set against Caro.

CrossCourt~Rally
Poor Kim, Lindsay said she barely looked 50% out there today :hug: I hope Kim takes more time off to fully heal her ankle before returning to the courts. The Olympics should be the goal. :)

Siderophyre
I thought for a minute Kim was going to pull off the tiebreak win like she did over Li Na in Melbourne. But no, lightning doesn't strike twice.

TheBoiledEgg
Mar 24th, 2012, 08:24 PM
Yanina & her choking :o

I really wanted to see Wicky giving Kim a handslap

dsanders06
Kim :facepalm: Terrible. I'm all for her rationing her tournament play, but taking a 2-month gap after the AO, after missing the entire 6 months before that, was beyond ridiculous. She's NEVER going to get adjusted to the day-in-day-out swing of matchplay until she starts playing a semi-regular schedule. Skipping IW was a TERRIBLE decision.

Frankly, if Kim could barely be arsed playing, then I give Wickmayer a better chance of taking out Woz, so unexpectedly I'm quite pleased with this result (even though my FITD is now an unholy mess; I predicted a Kvitova-Clijsters final :facepalm: ).

Miracle Worker
Kim :weirdo:

brickhousesupporter
Kim loses and she has her injury excuse for the clay season in hand. :lol:

pov
HFS! The one time that I wasn't rooting for a Wicky win - she wins! I'm disappointed by Clisters' performance but of course, thanks to the "powers fuckahs that be" giving no streams, it's tough to know much about the match.

Elwin.
Nina :yeah: :D

VishaalMaria
Mar 24th, 2012, 08:25 PM
Take some time off, let that injury heal properly, and come back when you know you'll be able to play healthily. Go out with some style!!

~{X}~
Now we know Woz is going to routine Wickmayer and we'll all be wondering how Kim lost. :lol:

JJ all the way
strategic tank by kimberly to get the wta off her back.....

Mixal
Mar 24th, 2012, 08:26 PM
Wickmayer lead 4-0 in the 1st I think...

hingisGOAT
People on this board really need to calm down. Everyone hates Wickmayer until they see that she beats Kim? Pathetic.

Anyway I like BOTH players, and that being said this was one of the most painful matches I've ever seen. First of all, Kim is so obviously injured, "less than 50%" and "sad to watch" as Davenport put it. She can't run, bails out of points, and can't push off her leg to serve. It's a horrible thing to watch, because she's been struggling with injuries for so long, that I don't think she'll be playing tennis very much longer. It's really too bad she can't get healthy, as Kim is the "real #1" when she's fully fit. I wish her luck the rest of the season, and hope she can play at least one or two more tournaments without injury.

As for Yanina, I'm glad she's through, but the fact that it took her SEVEN match points against a badly injured opponent is extremely worrying.

deliverance.
Yanina :eek:

Stonerpova

:spit: IKR?

Clijsters is a joke, but I'm thrilled for Wickmayer. It's been a rough couple of years and it's nice to see her get a nice win on paper. Beat Wozniacki PLEASE.

BuTtErFrEnA
Mar 24th, 2012, 08:27 PM

basically :lol:

VishaalMaria
Mar 24th, 2012, 08:27 PM
Kim :facepalm: Terrible. I'm all for her rationing her tournament play, but taking a 2-month gap after the AO, after missing the entire 6 months before that, was beyond ridiculous. She's NEVER going to get adjusted to the day-in-day-out swing of matchplay until she starts playing a semi-regular schedule

Frankly, if Kim could barely be arsed playing, then I give Wickmayer a better chance of taking out Woz, so unexpectedly I'm quite pleased with this result (even though my FITD is now an unholy mess; I predicted a Kvitova-Clijsters final :facepalm: ).

Kim's just too injury-prone now. It's what happens when you get older. :rolleyes:

As for your prediction, we all knew you were crap when you predicted Pova to win the US Open. Stupid is as stupid does. :lol:

Patrick345
Mar 24th, 2012, 08:28 PM
http://chasing23.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/Jordan-vs-Utah2.jpg

Yanina "Her Airness" Wickmayer. Always clutch!

on the 7th matchpoint.

Craig.
Kim's just too injury-prone now. It's what happens when you get older. :rolleyes:

As for your prediction, we all knew you were crap when you predicted Pova to win the US Open. Stupid is as stupid does. :lol:

I don't think he ever did. :unsure:

it-girl
Congrats Yania:cheer:

Andrewraven
Heal up Kim, Yanina choking away MPs :lol:

Vuvurenka
Kim could have made this more competitive had she cared more

oh wells, rest up

Yorker
Mar 24th, 2012, 08:29 PM
when kim is moving slower than daniela, it's not an excuse

dsanders06
Mar 24th, 2012, 08:29 PM
I don't think he ever did. :unsure:

Nope, I didn't. Then again, he's not only the hardcore Williams fan who thinks they can make things true just by repeating them over and over :lol:

goldenlox
Mar 24th, 2012, 08:30 PM
Since Kim won the 2011 AO, she's had terrible luck with her health. You know she wants to be a part of the Olympics & next 3 majors.
She has to be careful how she schedules and manages her health

WhoAmI?
:bigclap:Yanina:inlove:

Such a great win. Not very happy with not taking all those MP opportunities. Next time there not might be 7 of them:(

Also Yanina is back in top 30 (she just gave 2 weeks of pleasure to some by being out:awww:)

hingisGOAT
LMAO @ the disrespectful comments from pressed Pova and WIlliams fans about an injured player. I guess Pova stans are still mad that Maria's career < Kim's career, and Williams fans haven't gotten over that Kim has won like her last 10 matches against the sisters. Sad.

dybbuk
Lindsay was being really pessimistic about Kim's future. She was really going on about how Kim's injuries still aren't healing even after all this time off.

Brad[le]y.
Mar 24th, 2012, 08:31 PM

Clijsters is a joke, but I'm thrilled for Wickmayer. It's been a rough couple of years and it's nice to see her get a nice win on paper. Beat Wozniacki PLEASE.

I give her about a 20% chance, assuming Wozniacki wins tonight :lol:

Break My Rapture
Mar 24th, 2012, 08:33 PM
when kim is moving slower than daniela, it's not an excuse
And something's definitely wrong. :lol: Good for Wickmayer to take advantage and get a big win.

Laura_VeeFan
http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii205/lassie_faire/GIF%20central/ANTM/340x-13.gif

See you during the US Open hardcourt season Kimothy :)

pav
Wicky the saviour:worship: One senior wig snatching attempter banished!Two of the shits to go:)

Uranus
:haha: so true!

Never expected this one, Kim should retire for good as she doesn't care at all - again.

Stonerpova
I give her about a 20% chance, assuming Wozniacki wins tonight :lol:

I know, but I can dream, can't I? :lol:

Matt01
Mar 24th, 2012, 08:34 PM

basically :lol:

One would think that the Serena stans would have some decency not to laugh about other player's injury excuses but I guess this is not the case. :facepalm:

VishaalMaria
Nope, I didn't. Then again, he's not only the hardcore Williams fan who thinks they can make things true just by repeating them over and over :lol:

You kept alluding to the fact that Maria was a favourite for the title and you certainly expected her to win. :lol: That, and the fact you were wrong about Venus. Yeah, you're predictions are crap. Facts speak for themselves.

Polikarpov
See you at Wimbledon, Fiona.

Belmont Lad
Kim was clearly physically compromised according to reports. So disappointing :( :sobbing:

Monzanator
Mar 24th, 2012, 08:39 PM
LMAO @ the disrespectful comments from pressed Pova and WIlliams fans about an injured player. I guess Pova stans are still mad that Maria's career < Kim's career, and Williams fans haven't gotten over that Kim has won like her last 10 matches against the sisters. Sad.

What is sad about all this is Clijsters playing part-time with little or basically no chances of achieving anything significant anymore. Most of the hardcore fans still reckon she whored up some GS by coming back during WTA's lull period and took advantage of that to the extreme. And those people are not exclusively Pova and WS fans. It's a whole different story for WS for whom Miami is their home event plus they have the Wimbledon grass to cherish. Not until Serena gets thoroughly beaten on that surface shall we call her demise.

Besides, I freakin' despise Wickmayer. She's the rock bottom of my list and I'd wish every damn player to double bagel her just to serve my joy. You're obviouisly throwing all Pova fans under the same bus and that damages your credibility. Clijsters could have won like 15 matches against Pova, I'd still want her to beat Wickmayer any given Sunday.

The Witch-king
Why do ankle injuries always prevent Serena/Kim from happening? :help::help::help:

Seems like Yanina played well though minus the horrible choking at the end. Kim was barely moving ffs. :lol:

Oh that's what you meant...

Honestly those two will never play again. Hell I don't see Kim sticking around much longer since everything isnt being handed to her on a plate anymore.

KBdoubleu

Yeah, it's kind of like when you repeatedly claimed before the Miami final that Kim and Serena were the only active players with winning head to heads vs. Sharapova and that you didn't think Azarenka belonged in that company (when Sharapova has losing head to heads vs. Oudin, Date Krumm, and Safarova off the top of my head).

Anyway, congratulations to Wickmayer. She's having a pretty solid year so far - other than the AO and IW.

Chip.
Mar 24th, 2012, 08:40 PM
:o

killerqueen
Mar 24th, 2012, 08:40 PM
Great win for Wicky - kind of a slap in the face for all those who celebrated her losing her Top 30 place. :p

It really isn't a good day to like Kim however. It just goes to show that she can't just play big events and expect to win them, though I really doubt she cares anymore! :lol: See you in RG maybe? :p

chloe-l
Mar 24th, 2012, 08:41 PM
Just retire and go have kids. Lol. Kim doesn't care about tennis anymore.

True.
Well done Wickie :lick:

The Witch-king
Mar 24th, 2012, 08:42 PM

Remember last year she "didn't care about Miami".

Critique
Mar 24th, 2012, 08:43 PM
How exactly does Kim have an injury when she hasn't played for 2 months? Genuine question, has the ankle not healed from AO?

hingisGOAT
Mar 24th, 2012, 08:44 PM
Most of the hardcore fans still reckon she whored up some GS by coming back during WTA's lull period and took advantage of that to the extreme.

Most hardcore fans? Deluded! You must mean most of her hardcore haters. Because I've never heard one analyst/commentator say anything close to that about Kim. And besides, how is she to predict if there's a WTA "lull period"? For all she knew, the next GOAT would break through in 2010, or Serena and Justine would have their peak form.

But anyway, not only has Kim beaten anybody and everybody since her comeback, her record against her biggest rivals; Justine, Venus, Serena, Maria; is an astonishing 8 wins to 0 losses (or is it 9?). Lull period my ass, none of the other girls have proven they can beat a healthy Kim. They only vulture up tournaments when she's injured, not the other way around, and her records/h2h prove that.

Yorker
Mar 24th, 2012, 08:46 PM
How exactly does Kim have an injury when she hasn't played for 2 months? Genuine question, has the ankle not healed from AO?
Not a clue but what they showed of the match, Kim was literally not even attempting to move for an angled shot, she wouldn't reach for the out wide serve either. When she had the chance she was just blasting the ball and it actually was working but Yanina would do the angle slice and Kim was just dead right there. There was something wrong, Lindsay said it was a 50% Kim so who knows, they only showed from 5-5 to tiebreak.

brickhousesupporter
Mar 24th, 2012, 08:46 PM
One would think that the Serena stans would have some decency not to laugh about other player's injury excuses but I guess this is not the case. :facepalm:
I am not laughing at Kim, I was laughing about the coincidence of the situation. Every years like clockwork the same thing happens.

VishaalMaria
Mar 24th, 2012, 08:50 PM
Most hardcore fans? Deluded! You must mean most of her hardcore haters. Because I've never heard one analyst/commentator say anything close to that about Kim. And besides, how is she to predict if there's a WTA "lull period"? For all she knew, the next GOAT would break through in 2010, or Serena and Justine would have their peak form.

But anyway, not only has Kim beaten anybody and everybody since her comeback, her record against her biggest rivals; Justine, Venus, Serena, Maria; is an astonishing 8 wins to 0 losses (or is it 9?). Lull period my ass, none of the other girls have proven they can beat a healthy Kim. They only vulture up tournaments when she's injured, not the other way around, and her records/h2h prove that.

I guess seeing as Hingis isn't on the scene anymore, you're projecting through other players. Well done. :lol:

Monzanator
Mar 24th, 2012, 08:51 PM

Neither WS, Henin nor Sharapova were in their peak since Clijsters' comeback :shrug: Post-comeback Clijsters h2h against them counts for nothing in the big picture. Most people will still remember that she only won ONE GS before her first retirement when the rivals in question were mostly in their heyday. You might as well add Davenport and Mauresmo to that list.

hingisGOAT
Mar 24th, 2012, 08:52 PM
I guess seeing as Hingis isn't on the scene anymore, you're projecting through other players. Well done. :lol:

I've been a Kim fan since 2000, which I'm sure is way before you started watching tennis. BTW that's a post, rep, and PM about Hingis all within a 5 minute span. You sound like her biggest fan :hearts:

VishaalMaria
Mar 24th, 2012, 08:53 PM
I've been a Kim fan since 2000, which I'm sure is way before you started watching tennis. BTW that's a post, rep, and PM about Hingis all within a 5 minute span. You sound like her biggest fan :hearts:

I'm just calling it as I see it.:lol:

hingisGOAT
Mar 24th, 2012, 08:54 PM
Most people will still remember that she only won ONE GS before her first retirement when the rivals in question were mostly in their heyday.

That's where you're incorrect. People will remember that she only won 1 Slam because of her own mental weakness, not because her rivals were so great. You only need to listen to any commentator or tennis analyst remark on the situation for evidence of that fact. :wavey: Sorry that a bunch of Kim haters in GM have no influence on the general perception of Kim's career, but that's just the way it is :shrug:

Critique
Mar 24th, 2012, 08:54 PM

So much delusion in one post. Firstly, there's 0 chance Kim is getting a sniff at French Open and Wimbledon trophies, no matter what form she turns up in. She's played majority of her wins on beloved fast HC surface.

It's clear that Kim fans attempt to ignore facts from her first career (in much stronger era I might add), and those facts simply cannot be overlooked.

Kim's interest in tennis is wavering once again as she realises standard is slowly increasing and bullshitting your way to a slam is no longer an option...

doomsday
Mar 24th, 2012, 08:55 PM
:help::lol:

Gawain
Mar 24th, 2012, 08:57 PM
I think I'm going to throw up.

JamieMU30
Mar 24th, 2012, 09:02 PM
People on this board really need to calm down. Everyone hates Wickmayer until they see that she beats Kim? Pathetic.

Anyway I like BOTH players, and that being said this was one of the most painful matches I've ever seen. First of all, Kim is so obviously injured, "less than 50%" and "sad to watch" as Davenport put it. She can't run, bails out of points, and can't push off her leg to serve. It's a horrible thing to watch, because she's been struggling with injuries for so long, that I don't think she'll be playing tennis very much longer. It's really too bad she can't get healthy, as Kim is the "real #1" when she's fully fit. I wish her luck the rest of the season, and hope she can play at least one or two more tournaments without injury.

As for Yanina, I'm glad she's through, but the fact that it took her SEVEN match point:tape:s against a badly injured opponent is extremely worrying.

:lol: When they switched over to this match, it was hysterical hearing Lindsay throwing shade to Wickmayer by going on and on about how Clijsters was injured...I couldn't stop laughing by seeing how immobile Clijsters was and how Wickmayer kept choking and hitting double faults on match points...I mean, how horrible is your game and mentality when you need 7 match points to hit a ball past a tree, more or less :tape: Wickmayer is a stupid bitch and will just lose to La Borz in the next around anyways...Wickmayer is more irrelevant in this tournament now than Kvitova...:lol: How is this stupid bitch in the Top 30 with all her choking and ugly game antics...Serena needs to play Wickmayer, so that her "ugly on the inside" comment can be used correctly :worship: Wickmayer, heal ur brain injury and then retire bitch :wavey:

Monzanator
Mar 24th, 2012, 09:03 PM
That's where you're incorrect. People will remember that she only won 1 Slam because of her own mental weakness, not because her rivals were so great. You only need to listen to any commentator or tennis analyst remark on the situation for evidence of that fact. :wavey: Sorry that a bunch of Kim haters in GM have no influence on the general perception of Kim's career, but that's just the way it is :shrug:

Her mental weakness was only part of the problem, not the sole reason for her underachieving. Besides if the chief suspects weren't so great, then who else was? :shrug: Surely Serena and Henin didn't win their GS just because their opposition crumbled mentally all the time :rolleyes:

Gawain
Mar 24th, 2012, 09:04 PM
Really, this is worse than losing in the first round.

Patrick345
Mar 24th, 2012, 09:06 PM
:lol: When they switched over to this match, it was hysterical hearing Lindsay throwing shade to Wickmayer by going on and on about how Clijsters was injured...I couldn't stop laughing by seeing how immobile Clijsters was and how Wickmayer kept choking and hitting double faults on match points...I mean, how horrible is your game and mentality when you need 7 match points to hit a ball past a tree, more or less :tape: Wickmayer is a stupid bitch and will just lose to La Borz in the next around anyways...Wickmayer is more irrelevant in this tournament now than Kvitova...:lol: How is this stupid bitch in the Top 30 with all her choking and ugly game antics...Serena needs to play Wickmayer, so that her "ugly on the inside" comment can be used correctly :worship: Wickmayer, heal ur brain injury and then retire bitch :wavey:

http://i.qkme.me/35ektu.jpg

Dr. Feelgood
Mar 24th, 2012, 09:10 PM
I think I'm going to throw up.

Tell me about it.

Galsen
Mar 24th, 2012, 09:11 PM
Weak. Serena is not Venus and vice versa. But people tend to forget that. Like Martina when she said the sisters must hurry to catch her record @ Wimbly. Well if they are considered as the same person then , They only need 2 more Wimbly.

J4m3ka
Mar 24th, 2012, 09:12 PM

Fighterpova
Mar 24th, 2012, 09:14 PM
What? :spit:
Tanking again to avoid Serena :oh:

Trickle
Mar 24th, 2012, 09:17 PM
Oh Kim. :sad:

Fighterpova
Mar 24th, 2012, 09:17 PM

Looks like Caroline is making the QF :spit:

What? :spit:

TuxedoSlam
Mar 24th, 2012, 09:18 PM
OMG Kim, losing to the Azarenkas and Wickmayers of the WTA

Retire or do something about that haircut

Inger67
Mar 24th, 2012, 09:21 PM
Caroline :cheer:

tkutsaar
Mar 24th, 2012, 09:23 PM
Prior to the start of this tournament I was of the firm belief that neither Clijsters nor the Williams sisters, given their recent lack of presence on the tour, would be a factor in this tournament. And of the three, I thought that Clijsters would have the better chance of a significant run in the tournament than the sisters given her younger age and better performance at the AO.

So Clijsters is out but the sisters are still alive with some spectacular wins under their collective belts. This certainly reinforces the cliché that the only things certain in life are death and taxes. Outcome of sporting contests is nowhere close.

olivero
Mar 24th, 2012, 09:27 PM
Kim :facepalm: just retire already

:sad:

Mrs. Peel
Mar 24th, 2012, 09:28 PM
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! To Yuckmeyer? :facepalm:

Viktymise
Mar 24th, 2012, 09:28 PM

Deserved loss.

roelc
Mar 24th, 2012, 09:29 PM
would never have expected this :(
hopefully better luck in the gravel season

congrats yanina

Leo St
Mar 24th, 2012, 09:34 PM
venus defeated petra and kim straight setted by wickmayer? guys we need to send all the support dsandy can get right now

Linguae^
Mar 24th, 2012, 09:35 PM
Ok, Kim, ok!

young_gunner913
Mar 24th, 2012, 09:39 PM
Flop. Flop. Flop. :tape:

Patrick345
Mar 24th, 2012, 09:41 PM
venus defeated petra and kim straight setted by wickmayer?

Well Wickmayer is far more accomplished on US hardcourts than Kvitova. :p

Charlatan
Mar 24th, 2012, 09:42 PM
no more sarin-kimothy then :crying2:

Leo St
Mar 24th, 2012, 09:44 PM
Well Wickmayer is far more accomplished on US hardcourts than Kvitova. :p

although i truly believe kvitova > wickmayer in any circunstance, im not comparing situations, just pointing two facts that might be depressing his infamous persona

pedropt
Mar 24th, 2012, 09:53 PM
Riiight :facepalm:

Mr.Sharapova
Mar 24th, 2012, 09:53 PM
Caroline :facepalm:.

Wickmayer well done :angel:.

JCTennisFan
Mar 24th, 2012, 09:54 PM
Kim :hug: I love you. Now get off your f*cking Lazy A$s and play like the champion you are, please. Wickmayer is someone you should never lose to... she is a headcase with very little consistency.

Dont make me hunt you down and slap reality back into you, Kim. You have alot of fans who want to see you continue to do well... afterall you are the most complete player left on the tour.

gc-spurs
Mar 24th, 2012, 10:00 PM
Part time fail. Why even bother with the Olympics?

tucker1989
Mar 24th, 2012, 10:01 PM
This is really sad, because it's Kim's last year, and I thought she said her ankle was feeling fine after she won her first round match?

It's never a good day when Wickmayer wins.

duhcity
Mar 24th, 2012, 10:02 PM
Choose one Kim fans. One day it's "she's motivated and hungry as evidenced by her saving match points against Na", and now it's "her natural talent shines through when she saved matchpoints against Yanina".

sweetpeas
Mar 24th, 2012, 10:08 PM
You cant win them all!This would of never happen at a slam, believe me.

Patrick345
Mar 24th, 2012, 10:18 PM

Yeah Rus never happened. :lol:

Skeptikal
Mar 24th, 2012, 10:18 PM
Yanina :cheer:

roelc
Mar 24th, 2012, 10:25 PM
Kim :hug: I love you. Now get off your f*cking Lazy A$s and play like the champion you are, please. Wickmayer is someone you should never lose to... she is a headcase with very little consistency.

Dont make me hunt you down and slap reality back into you, Kim. You have alot of fans who want to see you continue to do well... afterall you are the most complete player left on the tour.

what u say about wickmayer is not true. for wta-standards she s not a headcase at all and actually quite consistent.

let s hope kim comes back strongly and plays at least 2 warm up events for RG

LightWarrior
Mar 24th, 2012, 10:27 PM
Looks like it's the beginning of the end for Kim unfortunately.

brickhousesupporter
Mar 24th, 2012, 10:29 PM
I am suprised by the hatred for Wickmayer especially by the "Belgiums". Is she not liked in Belgium?

JCTennisFan
Mar 24th, 2012, 10:30 PM

I kind of agree. I almost wonder if she fought too hard at the AO and injured her ankle more severely.

flareon
Mar 24th, 2012, 10:32 PM
A lot of people have jumped on the bandwagon here because kim has managed to get a tonne of sucsess in her career for doing something she is good at which is playing tennis.
Anyway well done wickmayer hoping she is coming back and hoping she can go further good luck kim in the clay season.

Halepsova
Mar 24th, 2012, 10:36 PM
Careless Clijsters strikes again. :rolleyes:

StoneRose
Mar 24th, 2012, 10:37 PM
You cant win them all!This would of never happen at a slam, believe me.No i don't believe you :lol:. Everything comes to an end sometimes. This could be a hitch but it stands to reason that you can't go on forever on no match rhythm whatsoever.

roelc
Mar 24th, 2012, 10:38 PM
I am suprised by the hatred for Wickmayer especially by the "Belgiums". Is she not liked in Belgium?

the belgiums...

no it s not that wickmayer is not liked, but she s no kim (or justine)
i think the hatred is more by non-belgiums

roelc
Mar 24th, 2012, 10:40 PM
Careless Clijsters strikes again. :rolleyes:

i dont think she was careless about this. in fact i d prefer if this was a tank, at least then we didnt need to worry.

if she wouldnt care, why would she even bother to go all the way to miami to play just 3 matches? she could as well have rested up for the clay season

JCTennisFan
Mar 24th, 2012, 10:57 PM
No i don't believe you :lol:. Everything comes to an end sometimes. This could be a hitch but it stands to reason that you can't go on forever on no match rhythm whatsoever.

It would be wise for you to think twice before making such bold statements. Afterall Kim gave your favorite player the most lopsided set she has had all year (6-1) while obviously suffering from an ankle injury which hampered her biggest strength (her movement).

If you watch Kim's game closely... she has large takebacks on her strokes (especially that forehand) which can be exploited if she is moving poorly and not in position. Luckily for Kim she arguably has the best peak movement of her generation (possibly of all time) so her big takeback is covered extremely well (when she is moving). When she is not able to cover her big windups with her insane movement she is liable to mishit badly.

Utterchaos
Mar 24th, 2012, 10:57 PM
wickmayer is a dangerous player to meet early, especially if you are out of form. Not an entirely unexpected result IMO

Pops Maellard
Mar 24th, 2012, 11:00 PM
Picked right :).

Kimothy :hug:.

Dortmund Klopp
Mar 24th, 2012, 11:01 PM
Yessssssssssssss Yanina Congrats on a huge win:bounce: :worship:

StoneRose
Mar 24th, 2012, 11:09 PM
It would be wise for you to think twice before making such bold statements. Afterall Kim gave your favorite player the most lopsided set she has had all year (6-1) while obviously suffering from an ankle injury which hampered her biggest strength (her movement). The ankle injury was not that obvious in that match, may have hampered her though, don't know. But that's not really my point. If you play so little matches as Kim does you just run the risk of getting eliminated early just because you lack match rhythm. This'll mean you're not 100% ready for the tougher fights physically and mentally. Sure you can get away with that some of the time on sheer talent but not all of the time and it will get harder as time moves on.

Pasta-Na
Mar 24th, 2012, 11:10 PM
what the :o

Tennisation
Mar 24th, 2012, 11:17 PM
Oh we're still talking about how Kim was injured at the AO semis after she beat Woz in the quarters in straight sets? Interesting.

JCTennisFan
Mar 24th, 2012, 11:18 PM
The ankle injury was not that obvious in that match, may have hampered her though, don't know. But that's not really my point. If you play so little matches as Kim does you just run the risk of getting eliminated early just because you lack match rhythm. This'll mean you're not 100% ready for the tougher fights physically and mentally. Sure you can get away with that some of the time on sheer talent but not all of the time and it will get harder as time moves on.

I can see your viewpoint and I do somewhat agree. But about Kim in Australia... her movement during the whole tournament was poor for her standards. I can understand it not being too noticeable though due to her standard of movement being so high. Poor for Kim is still faster than a good deal of the other women but it is not fast enough to allow her to be in position for her high risk shots. When Kim is moving bad her consistency goes down due to her weakened positioning.

And on the part of her playing so little.... I honestly think it is the best option available to her. No option is perfect for her though.. If she was to play like she did in 2003 she would burn out and really risk injury. If she does not play enough she is liable to having upsets like this.... but if she hurt her ankle rest is far and away better than match fitness. Safina (for instance) can live a normal life but she cant play pro tennis anymore (due to injury related to overplay/burnout).

HRHoliviasmith
Mar 24th, 2012, 11:22 PM
yaay!

RobinT83
Mar 24th, 2012, 11:26 PM
Kim :o

cn ireland
Mar 24th, 2012, 11:27 PM
I'm really surprised that Kim lost this match:(!!!

fouc
Mar 24th, 2012, 11:29 PM
That's what happens when you chose to be a part-timer :shrug:

danieln1
Mar 24th, 2012, 11:31 PM
Better player won :shrug:

Yanina knows how to finish points and is not all that brainless, unlike her opponent who just only knows how to crosscourt her backhand :rolleyes:

Way to go Yanina :bounce:

Hopefully this will send her to retirement for good.

StoneRose
Mar 24th, 2012, 11:34 PM
I can see your viewpoint and I do somewhat agree. But about Kim in Australia... her movement during the whole tournament was poor for her standards. I can understand it not being too noticeable though due to her standard of movement being so high. Poor for Kim is still faster than a good deal of the other women but it is not fast enough to allow her to be in position for her high risk shots. When Kim is moving bad her consistency goes down due to her weakened positioning.

And on the part of her playing so little.... I honestly think it is the best option available to her. No option is perfect for her though.. If she was to play like she did in 2003 she would burn out and really risk injury. If she does not play enough she is liable to having upsets like this.... but if she hurt her ankle rest is far and away better than match fitness. Safina (for instance) can live a normal life but she cant play pro tennis anymore (due to injury related to overplay/burnout).Fair enough, i agree that not playing many matches is probably best for Kim but you do risk early elimination by going this way. And it could happen at a slam just as easily as it does here, there i disagree with Sweetpeas. I'm disappointed by Kim's loss btw, Wickmayer is a decent player but Kim would have been far more of an asset later on in the tournament.

Charlatan
Mar 24th, 2012, 11:36 PM
Better player won :shrug:

Yanina knows how to finish points and is not all that brainless, unlike her opponent who just only knows how to crosscourt her backhand :rolleyes:

Way to go Yanina :bounce:

Hopefully this will send her to retirement for good.

:yawn: another typical lame ass post of yours

as long as someone beats players you dislike, you jump on the bandwagon as if you have been supporting them since you got out of your mom's worm

now go back to barthel result thread and take your own silly words back about how barthel is gonna kill who and who :bigwave:

C. Drone
Mar 24th, 2012, 11:40 PM
its Wickmayer, hard to say its good for WTA... but I´ll give her this.

Pie800
Mar 24th, 2012, 11:51 PM

This.

I find all this back and forth pettiness ridiculous. Why are people so unable to acknowledge that Kim is a truly great champion, much the same way that Serena, Maria or any of her other contemporaries are? It's almost as if people are determined to find any excuse to slight or disrespect her career and success on the WTA. She has achieved so much in her career and for people to respond to her losing with things like "retire. go have babies" or "what a surprise! She doesn't care - again." Ffs she wouldn't be here if she didn't care and didn't realistically have a chance of winning. There's a reason people predict her to knock out Wozniacki, there's a reason people expect her to be one of Vika's biggest challengers for the title, there's a reason the commentators commend her ruthless baseline game and there's a reason she is considered one of the favourites to just about any tournament she enters. She has nothing to prove anymore. She came back for her love of the game and nothing else. Get a grip, people.

SerenaMJ
Mar 24th, 2012, 11:55 PM
I had hoped for Serena - Kim QF, but obviously it's not gonna happen. I am not laughing at her loss. Shit happens. The same shit happened to Serena at AO when she was still coming out from an ankle injury and her movement was just non existent.

I am just wondering if her (Kim's) ankle injury (if it really was an ankle injury) was the one from AO or a new one, because during AO she did not look injured at all - she still played pretty well and moved well. So I find it hard to believe we are talking about THAT AO injury.

Anyway, I wish all players good health because being injured is the worst thing for an athlete.

Adrian.
Mar 24th, 2012, 11:55 PM
:haha::haha::haha:

BepaMaria
Mar 24th, 2012, 11:56 PM
And the draw falls apart for the Wozzer again :o

ico4498
Mar 25th, 2012, 12:00 AM
aww Kimmie, get 'em next time. nice win for Wickmayer!

JCTennisFan
Mar 25th, 2012, 12:04 AM
I had hoped for Serena - Kim QF, but obviously it's not gonna happen. I am not laughing at her loss. Shit happens. The same shit happened to Serena at AO when she was still coming out from an ankle injury and her movement was just non existent.

I am just wondering if her (Kim's) ankle injury (if it really was an ankle injury and not something else) was the one from AO or a new one, because during AO she did not look injured at all - she still played pretty well and moved well.

I wish all players good health because being injured is the worst thing for an athlete.

Im wondering if the ankle is giving her problems because of her playing on it at the AO while she wasnt fully healed up....

SerenaMJ
Mar 25th, 2012, 12:08 AM
Im wondering if the ankle is giving her problems because of her playing on it at the AO while she wasnt fully healed up....

Same goes for Serena but obviously everyone had a good laugh at her loss ignoring that only two weeks before AO she seriously injured her ankle in Brisbane.

Pasta-Na
Mar 25th, 2012, 12:09 AM
Clijsters said. "It was still close. In a way it's a little bit frustrating knowing you're playing not even 50% but it's still close. On one hand you're like, 'Ah, I could have beaten her.' But she played well today." Kim :o

Moveyourfeet
Mar 25th, 2012, 12:15 AM
YES!

Even better than the Venus result!

laurie
Mar 25th, 2012, 12:21 AM
Nice win Wickmayer :yeah:

VishaalMaria
Mar 25th, 2012, 12:22 AM
Clijsters said. "It was still close. In a way it's a little bit frustrating knowing you're playing not even 50% but it's still close. On one hand you're like, 'Ah, I could have beaten her.' But she played well today." Kim :o

It's true.

KoOlMaNsEaN
Mar 25th, 2012, 12:24 AM
I'm feeling a sense of dejavu. Things are playing out very similarly to Kim's 2007 retirement. She's dunzo folks, she has no motivation anymore.

LoLex
Mar 25th, 2012, 12:29 AM

Not classy :o Saint Kim, yeah.

miffedmax
Mar 25th, 2012, 12:33 AM
http://partner-ad.photobucket.com/albums/c11/miabiboy_14/GIFs%20And%20Funny%20Stuff/HatersGonnaHateDarthVader.gif

Trih
Mar 25th, 2012, 12:34 AM
Omg what the hell happened? :bigcry:

Gawain
Mar 25th, 2012, 12:36 AM
Omg what the hell happened? :bigcry:

The hair.
It was all in the hair.

Roookie
Mar 25th, 2012, 12:47 AM
Kim still too rusty. Sadly clay season is next and she hates it.

Number19
Mar 25th, 2012, 12:56 AM
I'm feeling a sense of dejavu. Things are playing out very similarly to Kim's 2007 retirement. She's dunzo folks, she has no motivation anymore.

I don't know if this is the reason for this result, or still feeling the injury, but I heard someone say before "If you plan on retiring, you already have retired."

danieln1
Mar 25th, 2012, 01:05 AM

as long as someone beats players you dislike, you jump on the bandwagon as if you have been supporting them since you got out of your mom's worm

now go back to barthel result thread and take your own silly words back about how barthel is gonna kill who and who :bigwave:

instead of you being annoying about who beat Shitsters, you should be very worried about Sharapova.not getting her ass kicked again by Barthel or Azarenka or.whatever player she might.run into.

Rome
Mar 25th, 2012, 01:08 AM
I wanted my Serena vs Kim match.

Charlatan
Mar 25th, 2012, 01:20 AM
instead of you being annoying about who beat Shitsters, you should be very worried about Sharapova.not getting her ass kicked again by Barthel or Azarenka or.whatever player she might.run into.

i usually don't get annoyed and spiteful (at least, not as much as you) when my favorites get beaten/trashed. so speak for yourself :wavey:

danieln1
Mar 25th, 2012, 01:25 AM
i usually don't get annoyed and spiteful (at least, not as much as you) when my favorites get beaten/trashed. so speak for yourself :wavey:

Exactly :yeah:

I cant stand to watch my talented favorite players losing to scrubs like Fiona :oh:

ElusiveChanteuse
Mar 25th, 2012, 01:30 AM
Kim must realize her part time plan on tennis isn't working anymore soon.:oh:

JCTennisFan
Mar 25th, 2012, 01:54 AM
Gah... Kim cant do anything right for some people. Its not like she hasnt had odd fluke losses before... atleast in this one she apparantly was not moving like herself.. which would largely explain the loss. Her fighting spirit isnt gone.. otherwise she wouldnt have saved 3 match points in the tiebreak. If anything she sounded quite frustrated with herself in the after match conference... so maybe this will set a bit of a fire under her ass.

chloe-l
Mar 25th, 2012, 01:57 AM
:lol:I am suprised by the hatred for Wickmayer especially by the "Belgiums". Is she not liked in Belgium?

:lol::help: The Belgians..And I like her.

AcesHigh
Mar 25th, 2012, 02:02 AM
It's very frustrating to be Kim fan. Because she's as physically gifted as possibly any of the all-time greats.
But even as a fan, you really have to question her motivation and dedication. I can never guess what she's thinking at any point in time or how close she is to wanting to call it quits. I know she has a family but as a fan, again, it's very frustrating to have to wonder how committed or even interested your fave is in actually playing and winning on tour.

Stonerpova
Mar 25th, 2012, 02:11 AM
Gah... Kim cant do anything right for some people. Its not like she hasnt had odd fluke losses before... atleast in this one she apparantly was not moving like herself.. which would largely explain the loss. Her fighting spirit isnt gone.. otherwise she wouldnt have saved 3 match points in the tiebreak. If anything she sounded quite frustrated with herself in the after match conference... so maybe this will set a bit of a fire under her ass.

Petrova has saved match points before :lol:

JCTennisFan
Mar 25th, 2012, 02:34 AM
Petrova has saved match points before :lol:

Get back to me when Petrova has 4 slams and several YEC titles..... oh yeah and when she gets to #1 :devil: . If Woz can get to #1 then why cant petrova? :)

Tenis Srbija
Mar 25th, 2012, 03:14 AM

:spit: :spit: :spit: :spit: :spit: :spit: :spit: :spit: :spit:

SAEKeithSerena
Mar 25th, 2012, 03:46 AM
omg.

Patrick345
Mar 25th, 2012, 04:45 AM
The ankle injury was not that obvious in that match, may have hampered her though, don't know. But that's not really my point. If you play so little matches as Kim does you just run the risk of getting eliminated early just because you lack match rhythm. This'll mean you're not 100% ready for the tougher fights physically and mentally. Sure you can get away with that some of the time on sheer talent but not all of the time and it will get harder as time moves on.

Exactly, even if Wickmayer made a mess of the finish line from 6-4 3-1 0-40 onwards, and wasted six matchpoints. The younger palyers aren´t supposed to let the oldtimers get away with this BS all the time. Kim is very injury prone and I doubt she is willing or can put in the real hard work in the off time, which also results in her getting injured over and over again. She´s not ancient in tennis terms. Your game is supposed to deteriorate at this stage, but physically you can still be fine, see Federer. But you have to take care of your body and not half ass it.

Mikey.
Mar 25th, 2012, 05:14 AM
Ew Kim! :(

tennisbum79
Mar 25th, 2012, 05:21 AM
Shocked!!

hellas719
Mar 25th, 2012, 05:40 AM
Wicky :woohoo:
Now finish what you couldn't do in Charleston against Woz!

Shivank17
Mar 25th, 2012, 05:44 AM
Woz should gain some confidence making QFs, but if Yanina beats yet. :facepalm:

tennismaster8820
Mar 25th, 2012, 05:46 AM

I pitty your parents. :awww:

Stonerpova
Mar 25th, 2012, 06:16 AM
Get back to me when Petrova has 4 slams and several YEC titles..... oh yeah and when she gets to #1 :devil: . If Woz can get to #1 then why cant petrova? :)

Not at all the point I was trying to make but OK :yeah:

Utterchaos
Mar 25th, 2012, 06:56 AM
Exactly, even if Wickmayer made a mess of the finish line from 6-4 3-1 0-40 onwards, and wasted six matchpoints. The younger palyers aren´t supposed to let the oldtimers get away with this BS all the time. Kim is very injury prone and I doubt she is willing or can put in the real hard work in the off time, which also results in her getting injured over and over again. She´s not ancient in tennis terms. Your game is supposed to deteriorate at this stage, but physically you can still be fine, see Federer But you have to take care of your body and not half ass it.

Comparing most economical and fluid game of all time to Clijsters' generic baseline grinding with bad serve is ridiculous. Fed stayed injury free while playing so many matches isn't something that can be replicated by lesser players. In 2006 alone he played 97 matches. And he was never injured or tired. Clijsters can barely play consecutive and she's already injured.

Patrick345
Mar 25th, 2012, 11:12 AM

Comparing most economical and fluid game of all time to Clijsters' generic baseline grinding with bad serve is ridiculous. Fed stayed injury free while playing so many matches isn't something that can be replicated by lesser players. In 2006 alone he played 97 matches. And he was never injured or tired. Clijsters can barely play consecutive and she's already injured.

Federer is 30 already. Clijsters is 28 year old. She is doing this injury routine since she is 27 years old and she had a break of more than two years. Stosur and Zheng are 28, Li and Pennetta are 30, Schiavone is 31, Hantuchova, AMG, Petrova and Vinci are 29. Stosur, Li and Schiavone won Slams at Clijsters´ current age. She has no excuse for being injured all the time, except for the fact that she doesn´t like to train and live properly like an (aging) professional athlete. Nobody is making excuses for the other players like Pennetta or Zheng ALL the time, when they have to fight through age-related injuries and cannot perform to their standards any longer.

hankqq
Mar 25th, 2012, 11:17 AM
:o I was hoping for a Serena-Clijsters rematch...who knows if they'll ever play against each other again...

améliemomo
Mar 25th, 2012, 11:38 AM
sad to hear about kim still injured:sad:

Michael*
Mar 25th, 2012, 11:44 AM
Just go have another baby already

Daniel
Mar 25th, 2012, 11:57 AM
Kim :sad: :sad:

longtin23
Mar 25th, 2012, 12:36 PM
Yanina :D

Mistress of Evil
Mar 25th, 2012, 12:52 PM
Kimberly :facepalm: Get your health together and play the remaining four majors at a decent level, please!

delicatecutter
Mar 25th, 2012, 04:00 PM
So gutted.

Just saw the last couple games but Kim could barely move. :sad:

Azareniacki
Mar 25th, 2012, 09:32 PM
Kimmy :sad: this is a shocker :(

edificio
Mar 25th, 2012, 09:48 PM
Ankle injuries can be tricky. Also, Kim has played so little. It was bound to be an issue. I'm just surprised that it was Yanina who beat her.