PDA

View Full Version : "How Many Coaching Violations Did Carlos Rodriguez Get" [during career with Justine?]

tennisbum79
Mar 24th, 2012, 04:33 PM
..said the TTC announcers, Davenport and Ted Robinson questioning why violations are often called on lesser players

Ted Robinson saying, "I could not resist" and Davenport adding, " he was giving signals to Henin in every match"

Kairi
Mar 24th, 2012, 04:44 PM
they probably pale in comparison to the # of flare ups she's had....

Pump-it-UP
Mar 24th, 2012, 04:45 PM
Lindsay is so shady. :lol::lol:

Craig.
Mar 24th, 2012, 04:48 PM
Lindsay's passive-aggressiveness kills me :hysteric:

LindsayRulz
Mar 24th, 2012, 05:00 PM
That's my gurl!

Vuvurenka
Mar 24th, 2012, 05:01 PM
Lindsay :hysteric:

ElusiveChanteuse
Mar 24th, 2012, 05:06 PM
If Lindsay can translate her bitchy side on court, she could've won at least 5 slams by now.:o

tennisboi
Mar 24th, 2012, 05:07 PM
what is passive aggressive about what she said? seems pretty blunt to me...

tennisbum79
Mar 24th, 2012, 05:11 PM
Lindsay is so shady. :lol::lol:
I think it was more candor than shade.

She also said something about Serena she said had not notice has much when she was still an active player.

Sitting in the booth, she has noticed Serena tends to breath heavily in early rounds to only pick her form as the tournament goes on.

Adding, even she had been more aware of that during her playing days, it would not have made much a difference because she and Serena had often met in late rounds, and by that time Serena has already worked the jinx out of her game.

KBdoubleu
Mar 24th, 2012, 05:12 PM
Davenport was a very honest player and she obviously does not appreciate the blatant cheating/gamesmanship. Especially when Henin had accused Davenport herself of gamesmanship in the past:

By Timothy Collings

ZURICH, Oct 19 (Reuters) - Defending champion Lindsay Davenport was accused of feigning injury to gain an advantage as she battled to a tight win over Belgium's Justine Henin to claim a place in the final of the Swisscom Challenge on Saturday.

Davenport now meets local favourite Patty Schnyder, who beat Spain's Conchita Martinez 6-0 6-3, in Sunday's final.

But the American, who is bidding to win her first tournament since undergoing knee surgery in January, should not have made the final according to Henin.

"She was in such a state, she was crying and limping and looked as if she could not go on," said the 20-year-old Henin. "I was sure she would retire, but she didn't. And it was very difficult to play against her like that."

Henin said that from 4-1 up in the second set, when she looked certain to press home her advantage against an injured opponent, she lost her concentration because of Davenport's antics.

"It is very hard to play against players who do all the things that she did today," she added.

"For me, it was tough. Somehow, she played and she carried on. I didn't know what to expect in that part of the second set. It was not easy."

Henin made particular reference to the way in which the three-times Grand Slam winner hopped around and sought treatment during the latter stages of the second set.

With Davenport struggling with the ankle injury, Henin raced to a 4-1 lead in the second set, only for Davenport to reel of the next three games to level the scores.

Later, with Henin leading 6-5 after grabbing another service break in the 11th game, the American limped dramatically before making another near-miraculous recovery when she ran out to a 40-0 lead that included one running cross-court forehand pass that left the Belgian watching.

"I don't want to say anything that I will really regret about this," said Henin. "But if you are limping one minute, you don't usually play the next game the way she did.

"It was a very difficult experience and difficult for my concentration. I didn't know if she could play from what I saw at the other end of the court.

"But she won 7-6 7-6. That's tennis isn't it? I have to be positive. It was my first time here and there is another tournament ahead."

Pump-it-UP
Mar 24th, 2012, 05:12 PM
I still remember the Justine rant that Lindsay went on during the Venus/Serena SF match here in 2009. :tears: Such a tone of absolute disgust in her voice. Rivaled only by her disgust at the end of the Wozniacki/Hantuchova R3 match here last year. :sobbing:

Kairi
Mar 24th, 2012, 05:16 PM
:spit: Miss Valtrex, complaining about Gamesmanship? hmmmm.... :haha:

Stonerpova
Mar 24th, 2012, 05:36 PM
Can't believe Henin actually accused another player of gamesmanship. The nerve :lol:

Break My Rapture
Mar 24th, 2012, 05:40 PM
Lindsay. :hearts: She's right though. It was slightly absurd how many times Rodriguez was clearly signalling Justine during matches.

Mixal
Mar 24th, 2012, 05:46 PM
She also said something about Serena she said had not notice has much when she was still an active player.

:scratch:

Raiden
Mar 24th, 2012, 05:46 PM
coaching = grunting (it belongs to the select category of illegal conducts that are de-facto "tolerated" by WTA)

young_gunner913
Mar 24th, 2012, 05:47 PM
Linds :hearts: She needs to join the ESPN team and they need to replace one of the other girls. I say, Chris Fowler.

Rome
Mar 24th, 2012, 05:59 PM
I agree but i think she is sleeping with or married to someone at espn or someone who owns alot of stock in disney lolz.

RenaSlam.
Mar 24th, 2012, 06:18 PM
Linds :hearts: She needs to join the ESPN team and they need to replace one of the other girls. I say, Chris Fowler.

I say Chris Evert because she does not know what she's talking about when she opens her mouth in the booth.

vozas
Mar 24th, 2012, 06:22 PM
Lindsay is so shady I love it.

tennisbum79
Mar 24th, 2012, 06:22 PM
I though that before too, but now I think she perfect where she is.
Is she leaves TTC, Mary Carillo could get more prominent role, and I am not looking forward to that. In fact I dread it.

Any tennis broadcast that is Carillo-free is always easier to listen to than won with her.

Unfortunately, she'll be back on NBC during the Olympics, not just for tennis, but other events.

gmak
Mar 24th, 2012, 06:57 PM
Lindsay :lol: :worship: :hearts:
luv it

matthias
Mar 24th, 2012, 07:38 PM
Lindsay is right

Nicolás89
Mar 24th, 2012, 07:40 PM

Yep she's mad. :hysteric:

L'Enfant Sauvage
Mar 24th, 2012, 07:49 PM
I'm always here for Lindsay's scarce yet concise shade.

Matt01
Mar 24th, 2012, 07:51 PM
Can't believe Henin actually accused another player of gamesmanship. The nerve :lol:

Did you see the Zurich match? :lol:

I'd say it's bitterness since she lost her last 20 matches against Handnin :oh:

ptkten
Mar 24th, 2012, 08:05 PM

No, Chris Fowler is one of the best things about ESPN. One of the few objective and fair commentators and he is more knowledgeable than a lot of the commentators who played tennis.

She should replace Chris Evert, she's insufferable.

Agreed though that Lindsay is awesome.

Polikarpov
Mar 24th, 2012, 08:16 PM
Not enough.

thrust
Mar 24th, 2012, 08:19 PM
I still remember the Justine rant that Lindsay went on during the Venus/Serena SF match here in 2009. :tears: Such a tone of absolute disgust in her voice. Rivaled only by her disgust at the end of the Wozniacki/Hantuchova R3 match here last year. :sobbing:

Lindsay was an underachieving bitch, who still uses excuses for her losses to the much smaller Justine. Robinson is a worthless bitch for always setting up Lindsay in order to trash Justine.

timafi
Mar 24th, 2012, 08:35 PM
preach Davenport preach.Can't believe I'm agreeing with Davenport but I will.Might be the 1st and only time :help:

umpires better grow a pair and call the Nadal clan out every single match.This bullshit has got to fucking stop.Couldn't believe that doping fake ass bastard went to the "bathroom" during his match against Federer last week when he was down MP I believe :mad:

hingisGOAT
Mar 24th, 2012, 08:38 PM
Henin fans need to GET OVER IT! She was the most infamous cheater in women's tennis history. Of course her rivals are going to refer to the most infamous cheater, whenever the subject of cheating is brought up.

And that article from their Linz match; I remember Lindsay throwing serious shade Henin's way, although it's not in that particular article. Anyone remember what she said?

dybbuk
Mar 24th, 2012, 08:39 PM
Lindsay was an underachieving bitch, who still uses excuses for her losses to the much smaller Justine. Robinson is a worthless bitch for always setting up Lindsay in order to trash Justine.

Umm, qurl, weren't you flipping your shit at anyone saying anything nasty about Court, now you're calling Lindsay a bitch? :lol: Sit your hypocritical ass down.

n1_and_uh_noone
Mar 24th, 2012, 08:53 PM
Clearly not enough to sneak out a win over Justine, who she lost her last 7 matches to :happy:, and probably should have lost a couple others as well.

Shameless hypocrite :lol:. When she was playing, she was all like "oh she's the best player in my eyes" blah blah blah and now when someone pays her to speak, she cannot put her tongue on a leash.

For the record, I think Justine deserved to get more warnings and penalties for the coaching, but is it her fault nobody bothered to enforce the rule? Davenport's underhanded ways are just pathetic. She is not impartial at all, she has deep prejudices against certain players and makes sure she voices them all the time.

Apoleb
Mar 24th, 2012, 08:58 PM
For the record, I think Justine deserved to get more warnings and penalties for the coaching, but is it her fault nobody bothered to enforce the rule? Davenport's underhanded ways are just pathetic. She is not impartial at all, she has deep prejudices against certain players and makes sure she voices them all the time.

Which is amaze. I can take some Justine bashing if that means she will keep up her shit talk towards Jankovic and Wozniacki.

I forgive you Linds. Go'head and do your thing.

AcesHigh
Mar 24th, 2012, 09:10 PM
Its amazing how fans defend Henin's cheating.

Davenport is just telling how it is

thrust
Mar 24th, 2012, 09:17 PM
Clearly not enough to sneak out a win over Justine, who she lost her last 7 matches to :happy:, and probably should have lost a couple others as well.

Shameless hypocrite :lol:. When she was playing, she was all like "oh she's the best player in my eyes" blah blah blah and now when someone pays her to speak, she cannot put her tongue on a leash.

Didn't Lindsay and the other vile bitch, Hingis, team up to try to beat one of the Williams sisters?.

thrust
Mar 24th, 2012, 09:20 PM
Umm, qurl, weren't you flipping your shit at anyone saying anything nasty about Court, now you're calling Lindsay a bitch? :lol: Sit your hypocritical ass down.

Shut your ignorat mouth Jerk. What does Court have to do with this discussion?

dybbuk
Mar 24th, 2012, 09:23 PM
Shut your ignorat mouth Jerk. What does Court have to do with this discussion?

It has to do with your laughable hypocrisy. Court has a right to her opinions and the awful TFers calling her a bitch are terrible people, but you are calling players bitches left and right for doing the same thing. :lol: You're a joke.

KBdoubleu
Mar 24th, 2012, 09:25 PM
Henin fans need to GET OVER IT! She was the most infamous cheater in women's tennis history. Of course her rivals are going to refer to the most infamous cheater, whenever the subject of cheating is brought up.

And that article from their Linz match; I remember Lindsay throwing serious shade Henin's way, although it's not in that particular article. Anyone remember what she said?

"She said I was faking an injury. I laughed about it a little because I won the first set and then I got hurt, so I wasn't sure why she thought I would fake it," Davenport told reporters.

"It's definitely something I'm not known for. Whatever, I think she was frustrated.

"She could not hit a ball in the court after I called the trainer out twice. If she had played a smarter game out there, there's no way I could have won because I honestly could not move."

Ferg
Mar 24th, 2012, 09:28 PM
preach Davenport preach.Can't believe I'm agreeing with Davenport but I will.Might be the 1st and only time :help:

umpires better grow a pair and call the Nadal clan out every single match.This bullshit has got to fucking stop.Couldn't believe that doping fake ass bastard went to the "bathroom" during his match against Federer last week when he was down MP I believe :mad:

I quite dislike Nadal but in his defence there was a rain delay on match point, they were just sitting down anyway.

LightWarrior
Mar 24th, 2012, 10:08 PM
Gutsy Lindsay, but she's right. However it seems that she's always hated Henin. She once publicly said that she gave Sharapova tips how to beat Henin for the 2006 USO final.

DONGMEI
Mar 24th, 2012, 11:13 PM
what is passive aggressive about what she said? seems pretty blunt to me...
;)and beat justine 9/10. get over it grandmavenport:bounce:

wayitis
Mar 24th, 2012, 11:28 PM
Gutsy Lindsay, but she's right. However it seems that she's always hated Henin. She once publicly said that she gave Sharapova tips how to beat Henin for the 2006 USO final.

that is true, she never particularly liked Justine, and it might be due to her close friendship with Kim during their most contested times, even though her dislikeness clearly started after she lost to Justine in the AO QF for the first time... Ted is a notorious Justine hater, always ready to bring up the 2003 FO, but Lindsay is more subtle than that but she loses a bit when the subject is Justine. Lindsay was never very fond of Serena while a player either, but was always respectful and almost fearful of her, but as a commentator, she goes out of her way to be pleasant to her, almost bordering patronizing...

Roookie
Mar 24th, 2012, 11:36 PM
Lindsay's obsession with Justine still going strong I see :lol:

Charlatan
Mar 24th, 2012, 11:50 PM
:spit:

moby
Mar 25th, 2012, 01:39 AM
Justine might have had some shady moments on the tennis court, but Lindsay tried to cheat Nature with Juvaderm. I know well which is the greater sin on the day of reckoning.

Stamp Paid
Mar 25th, 2012, 03:29 AM
that is true, she never particularly liked Justine, and it might be due to her close friendship with Kim during their most contested times, even though her dislikeness clearly started after she lost to Justine in the AO QF for the first time... Ted is a notorious Justine hater, always ready to bring up the 2003 FO, but Lindsay is more subtle than that but she loses a bit when the subject is Justine. Lindsay was never very fond of Serena while a player either, but was always respectful and almost fearful of her, but as a commentator, she goes out of her way to be pleasant to her, almost bordering patronizing...Not true. Lindsay and Serena always got along well. Lindsay even sent Serena flowers and called her after her knee surgery.

Lindsay was never fond of Venus. :lol:

Slammer7
Mar 25th, 2012, 03:37 AM
^^^Not true. They had an adversarial history mainly driven by Richards comments and Venus keeping to herself her first few years on the tour, but they are very friendly now and have been for several years.

chingching
Mar 25th, 2012, 03:45 AM
I think this thread should be about Little Miss Sunshine and her Mafia Father PIOTR
I love saying his name. It sounds so evil :haha:

wayitis
Mar 25th, 2012, 04:48 AM
Not true. Lindsay and Serena always got along well. Lindsay even sent Serena flowers and called her after her knee surgery.

they became friendly towards the end of Lindsay's career, when Hingis was no longer playing and Serena ran away with their rivalry, but there was a point, when the sisters had just burst onto scene that Lindsay was very condescending towards them... Lindsay very subtly tried to imply that Serena faked her injury during the 2005 (?) Australian Open final, when she had the upperhand before the medical timeout, but she later denied any accusation...

volta
Mar 25th, 2012, 09:31 AM
Not true. Lindsay and Serena always got along well. Lindsay even sent Serena flowers and called her after her knee surgery.

Yeap. Other than that gang thing with Hingis, Lindsay was always friendly towards Serena, it was Venus who she used to have a go at. She used to complain about Venus not talking or even smiling while they were waiting for their matches to start :lol:

Vee used to be VERY VERY cold, always walking around with a mean expression on her face and never cared for anyone but her and Serena :lol: :hearts:

They learned to appreciate each other more and more as they got older though. I wouldn't say that they are friends but they have an enormous amount of respect for each other

The Kaz
Mar 25th, 2012, 09:44 AM
I think I dislike Lindsay even more now :o

She simply can't hide her resentment and jealously for Justine, she who had every advantage in life, rich family, big tennis frame compare to Justine who did it tough as a child, lose her mother and and bless with a small frame and Lindsay still got smashed by her her achievements wise.

gmak
Mar 25th, 2012, 01:48 PM
:bigwave: had some nerve accusing Lindsay for gamesmanship especially considering what happened in their next meeting in Melbourne with those infamous cramps :o :tape:

Sharapowerr
Mar 25th, 2012, 03:42 PM
Never knew that Lindsay gave Maria tips at the 2006 final, about Justine just check out some video's on youtube. Carlos gave her signals all the time, she was always looking in his direction they now each other so good, but if Carlos was like " fixing his cap " that was a signal to Henin is well, i think the hair umpires knew, but there wasn't a lot of proof.

Sylvester
Mar 25th, 2012, 04:24 PM
I think I dislike Lindsay even more now :o

She simply can't hide her resentment and jealously for Justine, she who had every advantage in life, rich family, big tennis frame compare to Justine who did it tough as a child, lose her mother and and bless with a small frame and Lindsay still got smashed by her her achievements wise.

Lindsay still has the one title Henin wanted the most...

Moveyourfeet
Mar 25th, 2012, 04:30 PM
Justine might have had some shady moments on the tennis court, but Lindsay tried to cheat Nature with Juvaderm. I know well which is the greater sin on the day of reckoning.

LOL.
I don't like Lindsay's comments about Justine, but don't hate. Juvederm worked for her. Now Tracy Austin on the other hand...

PetraReeMona
Mar 25th, 2012, 04:31 PM
Not as many as Henin beat her :rolls:

LUVMIRZA
Mar 25th, 2012, 04:55 PM
that slow amazon still staying pressed I see:lol: gurl tried but all in vain:bigwave:

cecilija
Mar 25th, 2012, 06:25 PM

She never had a chance to win RG :lol:

PetraReeMona
Mar 25th, 2012, 06:29 PM
She never had a chance to win RG :lol:

Would she have had the "full set" if she had won RG :confused:

cecilija
Mar 25th, 2012, 06:31 PM
Would she have had the "full set" if she had won RG :confused:

No, but she would have had more RG titles. Henin was far from crazy about winning W as demonstrated by her first retirement.

Cilla
Mar 25th, 2012, 06:33 PM
Lindsay :oh:

PetraReeMona
Mar 25th, 2012, 06:33 PM
No, but she would have had more RG titles. Henin was far from crazy about winning W as demonstrated by her first retirement.

I'm talking about Davenport.

cecilija
Mar 25th, 2012, 06:37 PM
I'm talking about Davenport.

Ah, sorry. :lol:

PetraReeMona
Mar 25th, 2012, 06:39 PM
Ah, sorry. :lol:

You still didn't answer the question :lol:

The reason I ask is because if Davenport needed RG for the "full lot", then I'm sure Davenport wanted RG as much as Henin wanted Wimbledon :). Difference is, Davenport won Wimbledon once and Henin won RG what... 4 times :cool:

cecilija
Mar 25th, 2012, 06:42 PM

The reason I ask is because if Davenport needed RG for the "full lot", then I'm sure Davenport wanted RG as much as Henin wanted Wimbledon :). Difference is, Davenport won Wimbledon once and Henin won RG what... 4 times :cool:

Exactly ;)

LindsayRulz
Mar 25th, 2012, 06:44 PM

Of course she did. She even played the Warsaw exho instead of showing up at the French on her last year on tour...

PetraReeMona
Mar 25th, 2012, 06:54 PM
Of course she did. She even played the Warsaw exho instead of showing up at the French on her last year on tour...

So that makes the stupid post below completely moot and irrelevant because Justine still has the one title Lindsay wanted the most ;)

Edit: I saw your sarcasm, but to know that she'd never ever get the full lot must have made her pissed :)

Galang
Mar 25th, 2012, 07:07 PM
No one cares about RG half as much as Wimbledon.

n1_and_uh_noone
Mar 25th, 2012, 07:15 PM
Everyone knows Lindsay Davenport didn't have a chance in hell of winning RG in any era. As no.1 in the world, she was handed some major thrashings at RG. To her credit though, she knew she sucked ass on clay.

cecilija
Mar 25th, 2012, 07:15 PM
For starters, I do. And I never cared about Wimbledon. So that makes one person at least, but I am sure there are more :lol:

LindsayRulz
Mar 25th, 2012, 07:18 PM
Everyone knows Lindsay Davenport didn't have a chance in hell of winning RG in any era. As no.1 in the world, she was handed some major thrashings at RG. To her credit though, she knew she sucked ass on clay.

At least she was aware she sucked on it. ;)

Matt01
Mar 25th, 2012, 07:22 PM
At least she was aware she sucked on it. ;)

I think she thought that she sucked more on it than she actually did suck on it, if that makes sense...

LindsayRulz
Mar 25th, 2012, 07:30 PM
I think she thought that she sucked more on it than she actually did suck on it, if that makes sense...

Yep. Sadly she never believed she could win on the dirt. :(

PetraReeMona
Mar 25th, 2012, 07:38 PM

I bet Hingis will argue with you on that :D

Galang
Mar 25th, 2012, 07:59 PM
For starters, I do. And I never cared about Wimbledon. So that makes one person at least, but I am sure there are more :lol:

Yes but you are of no importance

-Sonic-
Mar 25th, 2012, 09:50 PM
Commentators telling the truth should be applauded..... GO LINDSAY :D

edificio
Mar 25th, 2012, 09:53 PM
Justine was warned on occasion, but she should have been warned in every single match. But, oh well, didn't happen.

Commentators should be honest.

tennisbum79
Mar 26th, 2012, 12:30 AM
Yep. Sadly she never believed she could win on the dirt. :(
Davenport also had contempt for Wimbledon, before she won't.
There widely circulated quote attributed to Davenport stating "grass was for cows".

I have not heard her actually say it, but she never vehemently denied it either.

Charlatan
Mar 26th, 2012, 02:42 AM
Yes but you are of no importance

Galang :tape: :lol:

In The Zone
Mar 26th, 2012, 02:47 AM
Justine was warned on occasion, but she should have been warned in every single match. But, oh well, didn't happen.

Commentators should be honest.

I remember in 2004 when Kuznetsova was causing havoc for Justine in the early part of the year and they had a match at Indian Wells - Justine literally stood in the corner of the court and was having a full blown conversation with Carlos. She was warned and she got pissed.

As much as Henin gets credit for everything she has accomplished, she was one of the most mentally fragile top players EVER. Watch the third set of the Wimbledon 2007 QF against Serena. When Serena started to save match points, Justine was going to lose it.

hurricanejeanne
Mar 26th, 2012, 03:00 AM
Lindsay. :inlove:

shap_half
Mar 26th, 2012, 03:23 AM

Well, those who can't...

_Cell-chuk
Mar 26th, 2012, 05:32 AM
As much as I like and respect Lindsay, I think she should stop bitching about Justine.

She is I think just bitter due to the fact that time and time again Justine spanked her ass in matches for good when it counted the most.

Yoncé
Mar 26th, 2012, 07:26 AM
Marry me, Lindsay :hearts: You're amazing :bowdown:

Matt01
Mar 26th, 2012, 12:23 PM
As much as Henin gets credit for everything she has accomplished, she was one of the most mentally fragile top players EVER.

Actually she was one of the mentally toughest and everyone without a WS in his avatar knows that.

thrust
Mar 26th, 2012, 12:46 PM
Actually she was one of the mentally toughest and everyone without a WS in his avatar knows that.

Justine was mentally tougher than most but knew that the Williams sisters, and at times, Maria had the mental toughness and game to beat her especially on grass. It seems she was more fearful of playing Venus than Serena. That is why that USO semi win over Venus meant so much to her. It was a great match, but Justine had to be at her very best in order to win it. I do think that coaching from the stands is much ado about nothing and little is gained by the player if that sort of coaching is going on. Allowing coaches to come on court to coach is far more effective, though even then, the player still has to perform.

Adrian.
Mar 26th, 2012, 02:19 PM
They should better find out about Piotr :oh: