PDA

View Full Version : One Direction Make No 1 in America

Londoner
Mar 21st, 2012, 05:38 PM
How sad is that? It's all over the bloody British news. You'd think they'd brought peace to the Middle East.

I couldn't believe it when I heard. I didnt even know they were being marketed over the Pond. First British pop group to go into Billboard charts at No 1. And it's that lot with the direst of albums. Not the Beatles, The Clash, Coldplay, Radiohead, or even Oasis in their prime. And bands as diverse as Siouxsie and The Banshhes and Take That didn't even make it in America. Not even a top 20 album. Even Abba only had a couple of tepid hits and no No 1 album. And you buy this sh@te!

How the Hell did America fall for Cowell's little puppets? With all your homegrown talent. I'm off to drown me sorrows.

Super Dave
Mar 21st, 2012, 05:44 PM
Another boy band, Big Time Rush, had a TV movie premiere a week and a half ago or so and Nickelodeon was pimping One Direction like mad, every commercial break. Nick is extremely popular and many preteens were probably salivating to get out and buy the album or download it or whatever. I don't know what other marketing has been going on for them in the States but I'm sure Nick gave them a big push.

Have a beer for me.

Mary Cherry.
Mar 21st, 2012, 05:47 PM
2012 really is the end.

Fed_Ds
Mar 21st, 2012, 05:59 PM
They are going to be on Saturday Night Live in April.

Mynarco
Mar 21st, 2012, 05:59 PM
:hysteric:

ViceUltramontain
Mar 21st, 2012, 06:00 PM
God bless America.

pov
Mar 21st, 2012, 06:22 PM
?? I just looked at the BB charts. What section are they in?

Mary Cherry.
Mar 21st, 2012, 06:26 PM
#1 album apparently.

I'd understand if it was one song, but their album is actually terrible.

pov
Mar 21st, 2012, 06:34 PM
#1 album apparently.
Nope. Springsteen has that. I don't see One Direction on any of the charts.

http://www.billboard.com/charts/hot-100#/charts

Super Dave
Mar 21st, 2012, 06:39 PM
http://www.billboard.com/#/news/one-direction-makes-history-with-no-1-debut-1006522752.story

pov
Mar 21st, 2012, 06:41 PM
http://www.billboard.com/#/news/one-direction-makes-history-with-no-1-debut-1006522752.story

Thanks. It makes no sense though. Why do the charts themselves show something different?

Bismarck.
Mar 21st, 2012, 06:43 PM
Whatever keeps them away from the UK is fine by me. Bad luck, America!

pov
Mar 21st, 2012, 06:49 PM
I guess so. I found this:
http://www.billboard.com/#/news/top-10-albums-on-billboard-200-guns-n-roses-1006524752.story

silverwhite
Mar 21st, 2012, 08:05 PM
USA :facepalm:

pov
Mar 21st, 2012, 08:47 PM
A better question is why are there so many USA artistes on the UK charts.

Pops Maellard
Mar 21st, 2012, 09:11 PM
:facepalm:

Chip.
Mar 21st, 2012, 09:17 PM
Whatever keeps them away from the UK is fine by me. Bad luck, America!

:lol: This all over, good riddance.

ivanban
Mar 21st, 2012, 10:05 PM
Good taste, America :facepalm:

Certinfy
Mar 21st, 2012, 10:12 PM
:haha: I find this too funny.

Oh well just proves the point about what music really has become now...

wild.river
Mar 21st, 2012, 10:13 PM
never heard of them :o
what's their most popular song?

Umberella
Mar 21st, 2012, 10:23 PM
You guys are crazy, the album is amazing!! Love Taken, I Want, Moments, Same Mistakes... Seriously, they have SO many great tracks. Well deserved, better than Adele being number 1 for the millionth time if you ask me.

FORZA SARITA
Mar 21st, 2012, 10:41 PM
You guys are crazy, the album is amazing!! Love Taken, I Want, Moments, Same Mistakes... Seriously, they have SO many great tracks. Well deserved, better than Adele being number 1 for the millionth time if you ask me.

:help:

ivanban
Mar 21st, 2012, 10:48 PM

Putting One Direction and Adele in same basket........SACRILEGE :weirdo:

Mary Cherry.
Mar 21st, 2012, 11:12 PM
never heard of them :o
what's their most popular song?

QJO3ROT-A4E&ob=av2e

This one I actually don't mind, it's a catchy pop tune.

The rest of the album, however, is beyond dire. Syco and the like couldn't wait to whore them to the world after the X Factor so they rushed the album and ended up producing one of the worst albums I've ever heard.

They're also responsible for the world's worst trending topics on Twitter.

Pops Maellard
Mar 21st, 2012, 11:14 PM
QJO3ROT-A4E&ob=av2e

Why is it so catchy? Because it rips off "Summer Nights" from Grease, that's why!

ElusiveChanteuse
Mar 21st, 2012, 11:29 PM
#1 album?:spit: Wand erection.:oh:

wild.river
Mar 21st, 2012, 11:50 PM
QJO3ROT-A4E&ob=av2e

The rest of the album, however, is beyond dire. Syco and the like couldn't wait to whore them to the world after the X Factor so they rushed the album and ended up producing one of the worst albums I've ever heard.

They're also responsible for the world's worst trending topics on Twitter.

it's very boilerplate. at least bustin jieber songs are somewhat unique.

delicatecutter
Mar 22nd, 2012, 02:43 AM
They're not that bad.

Y1xs_xPb46M&ob

And Niall is a hottie. That being said, I've never heard of them at all here (only know them from X-Factor) so I'm surprised they sold any albums at all.

Pump-it-UP
Mar 22nd, 2012, 02:57 AM
I'm here for their beauty. :lick:

WonderfulLee
Mar 22nd, 2012, 03:29 AM
its only 176.000 copies, and billboard already predicting The Hunger Games OST will be number one next week :help:

duhcity
Mar 22nd, 2012, 03:37 AM
Thanks. It makes no sense though. Why do the charts themselves show something different?

Charts are updated every Tuesday or Wednesday, but the news of the #1 Album comes out before that time.

Anyway, they won't last. And they can at least sing, individually at least.

njnetswill
Mar 22nd, 2012, 03:55 AM
It makes perfect sense. My sister's generation was not even born yet when NSYNC and Backstreet Boys were in their prime. There is an entire generation of preteen girls (and boys :oh:) who have never experienced the boyband craze.

Pops Maellard
Mar 22nd, 2012, 03:57 AM
Charts are updated every Tuesday or Wednesday, but the news of the #1 Album comes out before that time.

Anyway, they won't last. And they can at least sing, individually at least.
Without the music vid though you can't tell who's who 'cause they don't sound distinct from one another :sad:. With the best boybands of the past you could always tell someone different was singing ;).

duhcity
Mar 22nd, 2012, 04:20 AM
Without the music vid though you can't tell who's who 'cause they don't sound distinct from one another :sad:. With the best boybands of the past you could always tell someone different was singing ;).

I'm kinda the BSB generation, maybe a little younger (92), but I could never tell who was singing, in any band - Spice Girls, N Sync, 98 Degrees etc. I couldn't name a voice, even if I could name the band member.

Pops Maellard
Mar 22nd, 2012, 04:22 AM
I'm kinda the BSB generation, maybe a little younger (92), but I could never tell who was singing, in any band - Spice Girls, N Sync, 98 Degrees etc. I couldn't name a voice, even if I could name the band member.
Not even Spice Girls? :eek: Wow :p.

Mashabator
Mar 22nd, 2012, 08:35 AM
Their album is amazing! love them.
Well deserved boys :inlove:

Mashabator
Mar 22nd, 2012, 08:37 AM
Why is it so catchy? Because it rips off "Summer Nights" from Grease, that's why!

:facepalm: people really just try to find any song they can and say someone copied it dont they :o

Pops Maellard
Mar 22nd, 2012, 08:43 AM
:facepalm: people really just try to find any song they can and say someone copied it dont they :o
:shrug:

wK665OZFGYA

I'm not the only one to notice. I don't hate them though :p. They're too inoffensive to hate.

GoofyDuck
Apr 14th, 2012, 03:08 PM
I thought they would be more popular here :oh:

Mary Cherry.
Apr 14th, 2012, 04:45 PM
Some of the stuff their fans post on Twitter genuinely frightens me. Same goes with Biebertards.

The Dawntreader
Apr 14th, 2012, 04:47 PM
Some of the stuff their fans post on Twitter genuinely frightens me. Same goes with Biebertards.

Well teenagers get more and more deranged every decade, especially as more technology becomes available to them.

Keegan
Apr 14th, 2012, 05:18 PM

Beliebers and One Directioners post such crap on Twitter :lol: That being said, I don't mind them. It's just the next generation hitting, and their songs are quite catchy. I don't understand why people love Louis so much. He reminds me of Jigsaw for some reason. Everyone knows Niall is the best ;).

GoofyDuck
Apr 14th, 2012, 05:41 PM
I never heard of them until i saw this thread :p

I think the songs on the previous page are Pretty nice ;).

Helen Lawson
Apr 14th, 2012, 07:48 PM
How sad is that? It's all over the bloody British news. You'd think they'd brought peace to the Middle East.

I couldn't believe it when I heard. I didnt even know they were being marketed over the Pond. First British pop group to go into Billboard charts at No 1. And it's that lot with the direst of albums. Not the Beatles, The Clash, Coldplay, Radiohead, or even Oasis in their prime. And bands as diverse as Siouxsie and The Banshhes and Take That didn't even make it in America. Not even a top 20 album. Even Abba only had a couple of tepid hits and no No 1 album. And you buy this sh@te!

How the Hell did America fall for Cowell's little puppets? With all your homegrown talent. I'm off to drown me sorrows.

Cher's Shoop Shoop song went to No. 1 in the UK, the UK has no room to talk on taste in music.

Halardfan
Apr 15th, 2012, 12:48 AM
Cher's Shoop Shoop song went to No. 1 in the UK, the UK has no room to talk on taste in music.

The shoop shoop song was partially redeemed by having a pre-meltdown Winona Ryder dancing about in the video.:drool:

Barktra
Apr 15th, 2012, 12:57 AM
They will fall just as hard as the Jonas Brothers. They will get old and become irrelevant. Then another group will replace them, always happens.

Helen Lawson
Apr 15th, 2012, 03:10 AM
The shoop shoop song was partially redeemed by having a pre-meltdown Winona Ryder dancing about in the video.:drool:

:lol: true enough!

PetraReeMona
Apr 15th, 2012, 03:50 AM

You mad?

They should be called "One Dimension". JLS are much better than them. It's the Simon Cowell PR machine, that's all it is.

They're not even good looking (apart from the lead singer).

PetraReeMona
Apr 15th, 2012, 03:56 AM
Well teenagers get more and more deranged every decade, especially as more technology becomes available to them.

Absolutely ... I've been saying that for years.

ranfurly
Apr 15th, 2012, 04:40 AM
In the Words of Joan Taylor (Catherine Tait)

WHAT A FUCKING LIBERTY!

Another group of talentless hacks which are a pre-teen audience addiciton, just like their hormones, they will find themselves changing with the times, unable to keep up, and eventually find there dusty old CD's at the back of clearance bins and thrift stores.

As Kiri Te Kanawa said about "Suzanne Boyle", another "Whizz Bang, who will fizzle out"

They have nothing on Maria Callas or Elton John anyway, despite how orgasmic their first album appears to be,

Some other band will replace them in a short amount of time.

So at the end, let them have their moment in the spotlight, because it now flickers out faster than what it ever used to in the last 40-50 years of commercial music.

(Please note: I have sarcastic and comical undertones in this)

ranfurly
Apr 15th, 2012, 04:45 AM

That's a little harsh on Cher,

say what you want about her, her cosmetics, or her music, but in all honesty, She's survived in an industry which at times is so fickle and unforgiving, you're a star one day, and then obscure the next,

She's racked up close to 50 years, and is still going strong, successful, which is a testament to her as a talent, and as an artist, and whilst there are people who are generally polar about cher (ie Love her or Hate her) she's been an icon of the American entertainment industry, and Internationally.

The same goes with the likes of Barbra Streisand, Liza Minnelli, Tony Bennett, and so forth.

Pops Maellard
Apr 15th, 2012, 11:18 AM
You mad?

They should be called "One Dimension". JLS are much better than them. It's the Simon Cowell PR machine, that's all it is.

They're not even good looking (apart from the lead singer).

This! Apart from the tan one, they just look like the type Petra would go for.

Umberella
Apr 15th, 2012, 12:05 PM
You people are crazy. Maybe i'm just easy, but i would go any one of them! They're amazing. And they're voices and album are sooo good.

Mashabator
Apr 15th, 2012, 12:37 PM
They will fall just as hard as the Jonas Brothers. They will get old and become irrelevant. Then another group will replace them, always happens.

Gurl no u did not!
sorry but i didnt see the jonas brothers selling out concerts in minutes.

Its everyones own opinion and music taste anyway, for me I LOVE THEM ALL AND THEIR SONGS!

Helen Lawson
Apr 15th, 2012, 05:39 PM
That's a little harsh on Cher,

say what you want about her, her cosmetics, or her music, but in all honesty, She's survived in an industry which at times is so fickle and unforgiving, you're a star one day, and then obscure the next,

She's racked up close to 50 years, and is still going strong, successful, which is a testament to her as a talent, and as an artist, and whilst there are people who are generally polar about cher (ie Love her or Hate her) she's been an icon of the American entertainment industry, and Internationally.

The same goes with the likes of Barbra Streisand, Liza Minnelli, Tony Bennett, and so forth.

Loves Cher! But shoop shoop at no. 1?? :lol:

ranfurly
Apr 16th, 2012, 12:39 AM
Loves Cher! But shoop shoop at no. 1?? :lol:

Did you enjoy Betty Everett's version?

ranfurly
Apr 16th, 2012, 12:41 AM
You people are crazy. Maybe i'm just easy, but i would go any one of them! They're amazing. And they're voices and album are sooo good.

:lol:

Maria Callas is laughing in her grave at their "voices"

Let's wait until they demand nearly $3000 a ticket like the Iconic Barbra Streisand had.

Until then...watch them slowly slip.

each to their own.

delicatecutter
Apr 16th, 2012, 12:45 AM
This! Apart from the tan one, they just look like the type Petra would go for.

I like the blonde one :oh:

Helen Lawson
Apr 16th, 2012, 01:23 AM
Did you enjoy Betty Everett's version?

I never heard it. :o

ranfurly
Apr 16th, 2012, 01:24 AM
I like the blonde one :oh:

Humbert Humbert, he is no Dolores Haze!

delicatecutter
Apr 16th, 2012, 01:31 AM
Humbert Humbert, he is no Dolores Haze!

:crying2: You are so delightful.

Zhao
Apr 16th, 2012, 01:47 AM
http://images.smh.com.au/2012/04/12/3213484/art-onedirection3-420x0.jpghttp://images.smh.com.au/2012/04/12/3213485/art-onedirection4-420x0.jpg
http://images.smh.com.au/2012/04/12/3213486/art-onedirection5-420x0.jpg
http://resources0.news.com.au/images/2012/04/10/1226323/034640-one-direction.jpg
http://resources2.news.com.au/images/2012/04/10/1226322/550334-one-direction-fans.jpg
http://images.smh.com.au/2012/04/12/3213487/art-onedirection2-420x0.jpg
OMG :angel:

Zhao
Apr 16th, 2012, 01:48 AM
The Sydney Morning Herald report:Quote:Overactive hormones and cunning marketers direct teen frenzy over boy band

There is something in the air in Sydney. A strange brew of hormones and frenzied excitement, with a backing track of high pitched squeals and pubescent male crooning.

British-Irish boy band One Direction are in town, and we are caught in the frenzy.

Niall Horan, Zayn Malik, Liam Payne, Harry Styles and Louis Tomlinson, who are on a sold-out tour of Australia, are all loved equally.

The passionate love and dedication that many teenagers feel for the teen pop sensation are a result of overactive hormones and a drive for identity, combined with cunning marketing that uses new and old media to create a frenzy, experts say.
imberley O'Brien, the principal child psychologist at Sydney's Quirky Kid Clinic, said finding an identity outside family and school is particularly important for teenagers.

“It's the first time they can be independent and be part of something that they can develop a sense of attachment to,” she said.

And the heightened connection and emotional responses some feel are more likely in teenage years, when mood swings are the norm.

Zhao
Apr 16th, 2012, 01:49 AM
News.com.au report:

http://resources0.news.com.au/images/2012/04/12/1226324/664536-niall-horan.jpg

Zhao
Apr 16th, 2012, 01:49 AM
One Direction's half-eaten Vege toast hits $100,000 on ebay

A PIECE of Vegemite toast has attracted bids of $100,000 on ebay after being half eaten by Niall from One Direction.

ONE Direction may love Sydney and Sydney may love them, but band member Niall Horan isn't a fan of the finer things from our great country - spitting out Vegemite toast on live TV!

During their appearance in Channel 7's Sunrise Niall Horan sampled some of Australia's national breakfast dish but wasn't a happy little Vegemite - unable to even finish his mouthful.

He later took to Twitter to tell his 2,591,837 followers "Can clearly say vegemite is horrible! Like tryin new stuff though."

The show, however were much more keen on the toast, placing the remainder on ebay, in an attempt to raise funds for charity YouthCare.

The item was listed as 'Bread product with vegemite and saliva'

Singleniacki
Apr 16th, 2012, 02:11 AM

A mess.
The only thing that redeems you, is that you like t.A.T.u.

delicatecutter
Apr 16th, 2012, 02:14 AM
A mess.
The only thing that redeems you, is that you like t.A.T.u.

Arlyn :haha:

ranfurly
Apr 16th, 2012, 02:22 AM
One Direction's half-eaten Vege toast hits $100,000 on ebay

A PIECE of Vegemite toast has attracted bids of $100,000 on ebay after being half eaten by Niall from One Direction.

ONE Direction may love Sydney and Sydney may love them, but band member Niall Horan isn't a fan of the finer things from our great country - spitting out Vegemite toast on live TV!

During their appearance in Channel 7's Sunrise Niall Horan sampled some of Australia's national breakfast dish but wasn't a happy little Vegemite - unable to even finish his mouthful.

He later took to Twitter to tell his 2,591,837 followers "Can clearly say vegemite is horrible! Like tryin new stuff though."

The show, however were much more keen on the toast, placing the remainder on ebay, in an attempt to raise funds for charity YouthCare.

The item was listed as 'Bread product with vegemite and saliva'

100,000 ?

Some people fucked in the head ?

Pops Maellard
Apr 16th, 2012, 02:28 AM
So that's his name? Zayn Malik. Yeah, I'll take him. The rest can jump off a cliff :p.

ranfurly
Apr 16th, 2012, 02:35 AM
So that's his name? Zayn Malik. Yeah, I'll take him. The rest can jump off a cliff :p.

Another Humbert Humbert.

Mashabator
Apr 16th, 2012, 03:38 AM
Me and him are already married sorry :p

sammy01
Apr 16th, 2012, 03:45 AM
i'd fuck 2 of them maybe 3 at a push

Pump-it-UP
Apr 16th, 2012, 06:03 AM
Louis = Zayn >> Harry = Liam >>>>>>>> Niall

tbh

Beat
Apr 16th, 2012, 11:36 AM
I
They have nothing on Maria Callas or Elton John anyway

sorry, but what kind of deranged comparison is that??

Pops Maellard
Apr 16th, 2012, 12:05 PM
Gayness in Elton's case :oh:.

Yoncé
Apr 16th, 2012, 01:55 PM

tbh

Pretty much this except a few more >>> before Niall. And Louis is greater than all.

Charlatan
Apr 16th, 2012, 03:02 PM

he is an apparent Callas/Streisand fanboy anyway :spit:

Umberella
Apr 16th, 2012, 03:46 PM

tbh

I reckon Liam > Zayn = Louis >>>>>>>>>> Harry > Niall

M.P
Apr 16th, 2012, 04:06 PM
vocally or what? :oh:

Mary Cherry.
Apr 16th, 2012, 05:37 PM
For some reason when it comes to boybands I always tend to favour the one who can't sing...plus Louis is from Doncaster so :oh:

shap_half
Apr 16th, 2012, 09:40 PM
I tried learning about these kids by watching their X Factor videos, and it seems like Liam is the only one who can legitimately sing. Or am I missing something?

ranfurly
Apr 16th, 2012, 09:58 PM
he is an apparent Callas/Streisand fanboy anyway :spit:

Nah Mate, just appreciate talent.

that and to generate a response, considering the saractic tone.

ranfurly
Apr 16th, 2012, 09:59 PM

Perfectly viable.

Who should we compare them too? Oesch Die Dritten? Lisa Stoll?

ranfurly
Apr 16th, 2012, 09:59 PM
Gayness in Elton's case :oh:.

Talent in Callas's case :oh:

:p

Charlatan
Apr 17th, 2012, 12:04 AM
There's worse things in this world to be ashamed of.

a One direction fanboy anyway :spit:

well, i am not, anyway, at least, not completely yet ;)

ranfurly
Apr 17th, 2012, 12:09 AM
well, i am not, anyway, at least, not completely yet ;)

haha, Give it time son, give it time,

just wait until the posters start collecting on your walls,

Yoncé
Apr 17th, 2012, 12:10 AM
For some reason when it comes to boybands I always tend to favour the one who can't sing...plus Louis is from Doncaster so :oh:

:sobbing: Louis can sing

Singleniacki
Apr 17th, 2012, 12:14 AM
:spit:

Niall > Louis > Zayn > Harry, who even is the other one?

Based on hotness of course (thats really all they are good for :angel:)

Charlatan
Apr 17th, 2012, 12:23 AM

bad taste :o

Mary Cherry.
Apr 17th, 2012, 12:27 AM
:sobbing: Louis can sing

-6Gv6-SZVvg

Even autotune couldn't save him :sobbing:

Charlatan
Apr 17th, 2012, 12:30 AM
no wonder he barely gets to sing verses :spit:

Singleniacki
Apr 17th, 2012, 12:30 AM
bad taste :o

Not in music, or in guys :p

ranfurly
Apr 17th, 2012, 12:34 AM
We had that Reece Mastin or who ever sing up in Auckland,

There were two type of people who went to his show:

1) Closeted Male Teenagers
2) Fat Tween Sluts who wouldn't no what "less is more" means.

Absolutley Disgusting, They should be shot!!!

Yoncé
Apr 17th, 2012, 01:12 AM
-6Gv6-SZVvg

Even autotune couldn't save him :sobbing:

yJvo_hkub3Q

This is better :angel:

Umberella
Apr 17th, 2012, 01:55 AM

LIAM! YOUR FORGOT LIAM!!!!

How can you forget about the best one, arlyn. So disappointed in you :P

http://www.onedirectionstore.com/media/AbstractArticle/image/WarehouseArticle-30183/One-Direction-One-Direction-Liam-Poster.jpg

Barktra
Apr 17th, 2012, 01:58 AM
^^Random question. Why does he always hold his crotch in his performances? In their SNL performance that is all he is doing :sobbing:

Mary Cherry.
Apr 17th, 2012, 02:38 AM
yJvo_hkub3Q

This is better :angel:

Not much :sobbing: I just watched a video of all their original auditions and I'm baffled as to how 2 (maybe 3) of them got through. Also, I would've said no to Liam's audition just because all he did was a Michael Buble impression.

Umberella
Apr 17th, 2012, 02:46 AM
Hahahaha to draw attention to it? I'm not sure, but I sure ain't complaining :p

sammy01
Apr 17th, 2012, 03:09 AM
all this makes me wonder what it would have been like in the 90's when the spice girls exploded if we had had twitter, youtube, facebook, itunes ect.

Reptilia
Apr 17th, 2012, 03:28 AM
Harry > Louis > Zayn > Liam > Niall

:p

ranfurly
Apr 17th, 2012, 07:02 AM
tWfy4sNmRdc

I'd rather go to this than watch one direction menstrate all over the stage

Yoncé
Apr 17th, 2012, 07:35 AM
This shit need to get sorted.

Louis >> Zayn > Harry = Liam >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Niall

Pops Maellard
Apr 17th, 2012, 10:26 AM
^ Louis has nothing on Zayn, and he has a Justin Bieber haircut :sobbing:.

Mashabator
Apr 17th, 2012, 03:47 PM
^ each to their own :p
Zayn > Louis > Niall > Harry > Liam for me :)

Mary Cherry.
Apr 17th, 2012, 04:30 PM
all this makes me wonder what it would have been like in the 90's when the spice girls exploded if we had had twitter, youtube, facebook, itunes ect.

Same, although during the last wave of boybands (Blue, McFly, Busted, Westlife) when there were still Internet forums and online fan clubs around, I still don't remember any of their fans being this scary.

lefty24
Apr 17th, 2012, 09:57 PM
I can't rate them for the life of me. It's so annoying I usually always have a favorite in everything.

Mixal
Apr 17th, 2012, 11:02 PM
These boys are still relevant? Didn't their last single bomb? You know what it means in the world of instant pop stars.

sammy01
Apr 18th, 2012, 01:45 AM
Same, although during the last wave of boybands (Blue, McFly, Busted, Westlife) when there were still Internet forums and online fan clubs around, I still don't remember any of their fans being this scary.

cant really comment on that as don't like or have followed any of those. But i was around for the spice girls and it was a million times bigger than one direction. makes me wonder how many likes on facebook or download sales they would have had. i mean the spice girls could sell watches, pepsi, cameras, lollipops, crisps as well as their music, it would be interesting to see that type of thing now.

duhcity
Apr 18th, 2012, 03:28 AM
The Spice Girls were massive, which is why they'll go down in history, and are still loved today. Even in that vein, 1D/Bieber won't even approach BSB/N'Sync. Maybe 98 Degrees.

Pump-it-UP
Sep 20th, 2012, 09:51 PM
AbPED9bisSc

http://i.imgur.com/avNQ6.gif

NoppaNoppa
Sep 20th, 2012, 10:30 PM
Can´t believe this has not been mensioned!

YI7Oq8y-jXA

Pops Maellard
Sep 21st, 2012, 01:49 AM
Louis is so flaming :sobbing:.

Mary Cherry.
Sep 21st, 2012, 05:56 PM
Can´t believe this has not been mensioned!

YI7Oq8y-jXA

Are those One Direction lyrics?

Setsuna.
Sep 22nd, 2012, 06:47 AM
I tried learning about these kids by watching their X Factor videos, and it seems like Liam is the only one who can legitimately sing. Or am I missing something?

True. They are really talentless.

Mashabator
Sep 22nd, 2012, 12:32 PM
Best song woooooooooooooooooooo

longtin23
Sep 22nd, 2012, 02:55 PM
So is this the official One Direction thread in TF :oh:

Nice new song