PDA

View Full Version : OFFICIAL FAUX PAS THREAD: Personal Stories please.

Keadz
Mar 21st, 2012, 06:29 AM
Have you ever said something so innapropriate/offensive that you just want to disapear, but at the same time it was completely unintentional and you only realised afterwards. That, or a situation which has become incredibly awkward due to a simple mistake you made.

ME: "Really nice of your dad to be buying you a book."
CUSTOMER *female*: silence....
CUSTOMER *male*: "Actually mate, thats my wife..."
ME: silence....

I couldnt think of anything to say and they clearly weren't happy about my mistake. It ended up being the quickest transaction humanly possible :lol:. Atleast my workmates managed to see the funny side, but more so at my expense.

Also made a comment to a girl at a party about being spoilt by her mum, you can guess that rest.:help:

Personal examples please? Make me feel better about myself...:p

Sp!ffy
Mar 21st, 2012, 06:47 AM
Have you ever said something so innapropriate/offensive that you just want to disapear, but at the same time it was completely unintentional and you only realised afterwards. That, or a situation which has become incredibly awkward due to a simple mistake you made.

I couldnt think of anything to say and they clearly weren't happy about my mistake. It ended up being the quickest transaction humanly possible :lol:. Atleast my workmates managed to see the funny side, but more so at my expense.

Also made a comment to a girl at a party about being spoilt by her mum, you can guess that rest.:help:

Personal examples please? Make me feel better about myself...:p

That reminds me of my Biology teacher last year when she asked me if my parents spoiled me....:tape:

Maddox
Mar 21st, 2012, 07:35 AM

:haha: I know the feeling, been there before.

I was in a car with our Landlord and he was with a much younger woman, so I asked if she was his daughter and he replied it was his wife... KILL ME!!! :hysteric:

skanky~skanketta
Mar 21st, 2012, 12:02 PM
OMG I put my foot in my mouth all the damn time!

A colleague (let's call her Leanne - she sits across the office from me) and me at work are really close friends. And together we hate this other colleague (let's call her Rina - she sits next to me). Now, Rina is a total biatch. She's a daughter of a rich client which is how she got the damn job in the first place. She doesn't do shit and she refuses to share any information she has. So me and Leanneusually send emails across to each other about how we cant stand her and well, u know, stuff like that.

So this one morning, Rina totally pissed me off and so I shoot Leanne an email that basically ripped Rina apart. It's a girl thing, so I was very catty about it. Anyway, 5 minutes later I didnt get a reply (when it came to bitching about co-workers, we're always prompt!) so I picked up my phone and called her. I was like "Oi bitch, can you reply my mail?" and she says "What email? I didnt get one"... I check my set items and realize that I actually sent it to Rina herself! I was in a state of complete shock and went into panic mode. I called up my boss' secretary (who's part of the trinity - it's me, Leanne and Amy in the group brought together by our mutual dislike for Rina) and told her to call up Rina with a message that the boss was looking for her immediately.

Amy, bless her heart, recognized the panic in my voice, and didn't ask any questions. A minute later I see Rina dragging her huge hips towards my boss' office. I rush over to her place and open her email (which was thankfully open), find my email (which was thankfully unread) and deleted it (from the trash can as well). While I'm doing this, I can see Leanne from the corner of my eye practically jumping up and down in panic, which doesnt help matters! Once I'm done, Rina is headed back. She looks at me and goes "What are u doing at my PC?" to which I coolly reply, "Checking to see if your media list was the latest version".

The whole thing was hilarious (in retrospect of course). When Rina had gone in to see the boss and received news that he wasn't looking for her, Amy goes "oh, I thought I heard you call Rina, my bad!" She plays the bimbo quite well, so it all worked out well in the end.

Phew!

matthias
Mar 21st, 2012, 12:17 PM
once i was drunk, and then i asked my boss if his wife spit or swallow :facepalm:
thanks god he was drunk too
but the most embarassing moment was as i stepped into the cafteria at work the next day
everyone knew about it

Steven.
Mar 21st, 2012, 12:57 PM
OMG I put my foot in my mouth all the damn time!

A colleague (let's call her Leanne - she sits across the office from me) and me at work are really close friends. And together we hate this other colleague (let's call her Rina - she sits next to me). Now, Rina is a total biatch. She's a daughter of a rich client which is how she got the damn job in the first place. She doesn't do shit and she refuses to share any information she has. So me and Leanneusually send emails across to each other about how we cant stand her and well, u know, stuff like that.

So this one morning, Rina totally pissed me off and so I shoot Leanne an email that basically ripped Rina apart. It's a girl thing, so I was very catty about it. Anyway, 5 minutes later I didnt get a reply (when it came to bitching about co-workers, we're always prompt!) so I picked up my phone and called her. I was like "Oi bitch, can you reply my mail?" and she says "What email? I didnt get one"... I check my set items and realize that I actually sent it to Rina herself! I was in a state of complete shock and went into panic mode. I called up my boss' secretary (who's part of the trinity - it's me, Leanne and Amy in the group brought together by our mutual dislike for Rina) and told her to call up Rina with a message that the boss was looking for her immediately.

Amy, bless her heart, recognized the panic in my voice, and didn't ask any questions. A minute later I see Rina dragging her huge hips towards my boss' office. I rush over to her place and open her email (which was thankfully open), find my email (which was thankfully unread) and deleted it (from the trash can as well). While I'm doing this, I can see Leanne from the corner of my eye practically jumping up and down in panic, which doesnt help matters! Once I'm done, Rina is headed back. She looks at me and goes "What are u doing at my PC?" to which I coolly reply, "Checking to see if your media list was the latest version".

The whole thing was hilarious (in retrospect of course). When Rina had gone in to see the boss and received news that he wasn't looking for her, Amy goes "oh, I thought I heard you call Rina, my bad!" She plays the bimbo quite well, so it all worked out well in the end.

Phew!

:haha: that was an enjoyable read. although I kinda wished you got caught just to see what happens next :oh:

jameshazza
Mar 21st, 2012, 02:57 PM
once i was drunk, and then i asked my boss if his wife spit or swallow :facepalm:
thanks god he was drunk too
but the most embarassing moment was as i stepped into the cafteria at work the next day
everyone knew about it

Oh Noooooooooo :hysteric:

Keadz
Mar 22nd, 2012, 03:44 AM
Well you guys have certainly beat me :lol:.

delicatecutter
Mar 22nd, 2012, 03:48 AM
Mine is too embarrassing to post. :o

jameshazza
Mar 22nd, 2012, 03:59 AM
Does it have to be unintentionally insulting?

jameshazza
Mar 22nd, 2012, 03:59 AM
Mine is too embarrassing to post. :o

Shed your demons, post :lol:

delicatecutter
Mar 22nd, 2012, 04:16 AM
Shed your demons, post :lol:

I might when I feel properly medicated. :p

Brooklyn90
Mar 22nd, 2012, 04:33 AM
Customer: I need 50 discs
Me: How many dicks did you want?
Customer: I said discs, not dicks
Me: Oh

:lol:

I was so embarrassed!

Stamp Paid
Mar 22nd, 2012, 04:36 AM
Customer: I need 50 discs
Me: How many dicks did you want?
Customer: I said discs, not dicks
Me: Oh

:lol:

I was so embarrassed!Dead @ 'Oh', as if he was the one who misspoke! :haha:
You played it off well. I love it. :lol:

Keadz
Mar 22nd, 2012, 04:57 AM
Does it have to be unintentionally insulting?

Share whatever you want :)

Super Dave
Mar 22nd, 2012, 02:53 PM
My mother-in-law once asked one of my overweight, non-pregnant neighbors when she was "due". :oh:

skanky~skanketta
Mar 30th, 2012, 04:02 PM
I have another. It's not really my story, but my sister's and it's freaking hilarious (for me anyway!)

So a couple years back, my sister had just given birth to her 2nd child. Seeing that she got pregnant wit her 2nd barely 3 months after the first was born, naturally, she was carrying with her a substantial amount of uhm, excess weight. Anyway, this one day she goes for this conference (she's a doctor specializing in aesthetics) at Shangri-la which carries this really amazing buffet. She stuffs her plate with a ton of food and starts to pig out when another doctor (named Mary-Ann) comes down and shares my sister's table.

While they are eating Mary-Ann says, "I must say doctor, that your skin is really glowing. Out of everyone here you sure look the healthiest!". My sister is thrilled to hear this and is about to share one of her trade secrets when Mary-Ann says, "You are pregnant, aren't you?". My sister, in her humiliating moment of panic fell silent, looked up, smiled and said "Yes, I am."

When she told me this I swear, I could not stop laughing. When I asked her what she did right after, she said "I went for seconds DUH! Since she thought I was pregnant, I had every right to pretend I was eating for two!"

ElusiveChanteuse
Mar 30th, 2012, 06:37 PM
:lol: At least it was pleasantly funny.:oh: