PDA

View Full Version : Maia Sharapova to be married on November 10th 2012

Maria rocks
Mar 20th, 2012, 12:57 PM
http://www.nationalturk.com/en/maria-sharapova-and-boyfriend-sasha-vujacic-wedding-to-take-place-in-istanbul-17092

Simugna Help
Mar 20th, 2012, 12:58 PM
Player forum.

Pops Maellard
Mar 20th, 2012, 12:59 PM
Congrats Maria! :bigclap:

Lots of disappointed teens the world over though :awww:.

BuTtErFrEnA
player forum :oh:

ElusiveChanteuse
Congrats but don't think it'll be forever.:oh:

Maria rocks
Mar 20th, 2012, 01:01 PM
Congrats but don't think it'll be forever.:oh:

Really? Why not?

Maria rocks
Mar 20th, 2012, 01:02 PM
player forum :oh:

Rally? I thought this was a better place for the news a lot of people on here wanted to know.

Steven.
Mar 20th, 2012, 01:12 PM
omg I wanna cry. Sooooooooooo happy for her!!!!! :awww:

tennisbum79
Mar 20th, 2012, 01:13 PM
I think the thread deserves to be in GM.

THis is a life altering event, therefore a general interest(to all fans) topic.

You move topic to player forum for 2 reasons
1) To avert needless fights
2) Topic is genuinely of personal interest to the player and her fan, has little appeal to wider public.

It is not the case for this event.

I don't know the motivation for those who have called to move this thread to player forum, but they are clearly wrong.
I hope the mods/admins come back to their senses and move this back to GM.

Not doing so will set a precedent which will force the mods/admins to move every thread regarding their nuptials to player forum.
And yes, that would include the wedding ceremony. Does that make sense to you?

Slampova
Mar 20th, 2012, 01:16 PM
Congrats gurl :sobbing:

WowWow
Mar 20th, 2012, 01:32 PM
I think the thread deserves to be in GM.

THis is a life altering event, therefore a general interest(to all fans) topic.

You move topic to player forum for 2 reasons
1) To avert needless fights
2) Topic is genuinely of personal interest to the player and her fan, has little appeal to wider public.

It is not the case for this event.

I don't know the motivation for those who have called to move this thread to player forum, but they are clearly wrong.
I hope the mods/admins come back to their senses and move this back to GM.

Not doing so will set a precedent which will force the mods/admins to move every thread regarding their nuptials to player forum.
And yes, that would include the wedding ceremony. Does that make sense to you?

I couldn't agree more!

lefty24
Mar 20th, 2012, 05:04 PM
Sorry but I don't believe it.
Why in the world would she get married in Turkey?

Edit: oh I didn't realize it was in SS now and we already talked about it here.

MM_1257
Mar 20th, 2012, 05:47 PM
Can we delete this? We already have a Masha Sasha thread... And until she confirms it, I will doubt.

lefty24
Mar 20th, 2012, 06:19 PM
Can we delete this? We already have a Masha Sasha thread... And until she confirms it, I will doubt.

I completely forgot that thread exists.

heelsrule1988
Mar 20th, 2012, 07:00 PM
Maia... isn't that Maria's cousin or something?

chicharito
Mar 20th, 2012, 10:18 PM
"Istanbul is way cheaper and more beautiful than the other wedding place candidates, what played a significant role in the decision for Sharapova wedding."

Of course, she's marrying in Istanbul to save money...

Steven.
Mar 20th, 2012, 10:21 PM
It's good that they're wise with money though, especially since she's so young. the wedding will still be absolutely stunning and I'm sure of it.

Trih
Mar 20th, 2012, 11:13 PM
She earns 25M $ a year and she has to save money for the wedding? :facepalm:

lefty24
Mar 21st, 2012, 12:11 AM
"Istanbul is way cheaper and more beautiful than the other wedding place candidates, what played a significant role in the decision for Sharapova wedding."

Of course, she's marrying in Istanbul to save money...

Just another reason not to believe the article.

Maria rocks
Mar 21st, 2012, 11:38 AM
It's good that they're wise with money though, especially since she's so young. the wedding will still be absolutely stunning and I'm sure of it.

Me too. I hope she doesn't retire from tennis tho once she is married.

Steven.
Mar 21st, 2012, 12:06 PM
I'm very sure she won't. I know she's hinted at retiring early a few years ago but that's no longer the case with her. She still lvoes her tennis and will be on the tour for at least 4 more years, and I'm sure she wants to at least capture the elusive 4th slam before retiring. I'm gonna take a guess and say she retires at 28-29 (similar to lena d.) after the 2016 olympics. :)

Maria rocks
Mar 21st, 2012, 12:22 PM
I'm very sure she won't. I know she's hinted at retiring early a few years ago but that's no longer the case with her. She still lvoes her tennis and will be on the tour for at least 4 more years, and I'm sure she wants to at least capture the elusive 4th slam before retiring. I'm gonna take a guess and say she retires at 28-29 (similar to lena d.) after the 2016 olympics. :)

Hopefully your right.:) Yeah i really want her to win the French and Wimbledon again:)

Steven.
Mar 21st, 2012, 12:23 PM
oh girl me too. I prefer her to win a title on the natural surfaces over the hc's... no particular reason really.

Maria rocks
Mar 21st, 2012, 12:32 PM
oh girl me too. I prefer her to win a title on the natural surfaces over the hc's... no particular reason really.

Well i want her to win the French to complete her 4 slams and Wimbledon because i know she really wants another Wimbledon.

Steven.
Mar 21st, 2012, 12:51 PM
I don't remember her explicitly stating she wanted to win another Wimbledon title. :lol: always thought she was just content with winning a 4th.

carling
Mar 22nd, 2012, 01:56 AM
FINALLY! The wedding date! Can't wait to see her dress!

Maria rocks
Mar 22nd, 2012, 10:53 AM
FINALLY! The wedding date! Can't wait to see her dress!

Nor me. She will look stunning i have no doubt about that.

Crux Squall
Mar 22nd, 2012, 11:22 AM
10/11/12.

lefty24
Mar 22nd, 2012, 11:43 AM
I hope she helped designed it.
Who do you guys want to design it?

Advantage Me
Mar 22nd, 2012, 06:11 PM
Has Maria herself confirmed the date??

lefty24
Mar 22nd, 2012, 06:20 PM
Has Maria herself confirmed the date??

Nope.

denny5576
Apr 20th, 2012, 11:43 PM
The origin of this date is Russian. The original story was so bad that most people understood immediately it is fake and the wedding date is simply a fiction. But later it was printed differently. No story any more only the wedding date and few words describing that Maria and Sasha have decided. Even in Russia it did not get the public attention. But later on few English speaking internet sites had repeated it. Then few small newspapers from different countries mentioned it. And then it appeared in USA. When some American newspapers mentioned it then it was repeated several hundred times, including in Russia and became known everywhere.

MM_1257
Apr 21st, 2012, 12:05 AM
Yes, Denny is right. And now even professional (!) commentators on Eurosport are taking it for granted. And no one has ever though - hey, let's check, what have Maria and Aleksandar said, or even better - let's ask them...

lefty24
Apr 21st, 2012, 12:42 AM
I couldn't agree more with the both of you!
They could have at least made the story more realistic.