PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else like Rihanna less now?

Pops Maellard
Mar 19th, 2012, 10:41 AM
I dunno, she just used to be this girl who sang trendy music (Good Girl Gone Bad era and before) and was sexy in a fun, playful kinda way - and she was successful with this image as well, but since Rated R era she's gradually become skankier and her newest songs sound like 2-bit hooker anthems.

Not to mention her reconnection with the guy who beat the crap out of her. Colour me unimpressed RiRi :awww:.

McPie
Mar 19th, 2012, 11:18 AM
have to admitted, I did :shrug:

ElusiveChanteuse
Mar 19th, 2012, 12:20 PM
I like her music but not as an artist.:oh:

The Witch-king
Mar 19th, 2012, 12:40 PM
Is the racial slur your talking about the rice thing?

If so how do you know that was directed at her?

Pops Maellard
Mar 19th, 2012, 12:41 PM
Is the racial slur your talking about the rice thing?

If so how do you know that was directed at her?

http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/67062971.html

The Witch-king
Mar 19th, 2012, 01:02 PM
http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/67062971.html

:spit: I had never seen Koochie's pic. That was funny/mean....

But does that really qualify as a RACIAL slur:unsure:

Pops Maellard
Mar 19th, 2012, 01:22 PM
:spit: I had never seen Koochie's pic. That was funny/mean....

But does that really qualify as a RACIAL slur:unsure:
Who knows? :lol:

Novichok
Mar 19th, 2012, 01:26 PM
No. I like women who are skinny and "skanky."

Keaka
Mar 19th, 2012, 02:29 PM
I have never been a fan, at least not of her music. Like for many people, I see, she's on another list of mine. :D
But concerning her image I like her better now. She used to be boring, like many other artists, now she at least has a message that she is sending out.

We could talk about the morality of that message :lol:, however I think many people are in the same phase as she is and go through the same shit, even if on a lower scale, and can connect with her.

Maybe nobody else sees it the same way, but to me, she kinda symbolizes the era of "so many rights", the era of so much "freedom" and esp. the era of media, in a kinda grotesque way. Good story.

But talking from a personal view, she would even skip a few places up on my "celebrities to do list". And about her mind, I have no idea where it's gone, but we all have crazy times.

Ryan
Mar 19th, 2012, 04:06 PM
I like Skank Rihanna even more. :drool: There's something sexy about a woman who owns her sexuality and sticks her cake in your face. :cool:

LeRoy.
Mar 19th, 2012, 10:48 PM
Still like some of her music but as a person, i am over her.

Monica_Rules
Mar 19th, 2012, 11:41 PM
I thought she was OK, then i LOVED Only Girl. Amazing song, i got her Loud album but bitch please she needs to bugger off for a year and stop releasing 10 million songs a year. Its getting tired.

C. Drone
Mar 20th, 2012, 12:31 AM
Ri... who?

In The Zone
Mar 20th, 2012, 02:03 AM
Yes, because of the two songs she has done with Chris Brown.

delicatecutter
Mar 20th, 2012, 02:26 AM
I know I had to take her off my Twitter because of all the RT and nonsense she constantly spews. I'm indifferent to her as a person. As a singer, she's a puppet who has nothing to do with the songs she sings, except I guess she gets to pick the ones she likes the most. She is very fortunate to have a career at all. As a performer, she really should lip synch. Her voice is beyond painful live.

mirzalover
Mar 20th, 2012, 03:13 AM
I know I had to take her off my Twitter because of all the RT and nonsense she constantly spews. I'm indifferent to her as a person. As a singer, she's a puppet who has nothing to do with the songs she sings, except I guess she gets to pick the ones she likes the most. She is very fortunate to have a career at all. As a performer, she really should lip synch. Her voice is beyond painful live.

Last time I checked thats being involved and she also co-writers some of her songs.

donellcarey
Mar 20th, 2012, 03:15 AM
She should seriously consider publish less albums in such a SHORT time!

delicatecutter
Mar 20th, 2012, 03:19 AM
Last time I checked thats being involved and she also co-writers some of her songs.

:spit: She hasn't co-written shit. I don't care what the credits say.

Jane Lane
Mar 20th, 2012, 03:48 AM
I went to her concert up here two summers ago. (Whatever I went because ma gurl Ke$ha was opening but anyway...) and we waited 2.5 hours after K$ finished her set for her to come on. Rehab is one of my favorite songs of all time in general and it's on Good Girl Gone Bad but I was so turned off to her after that. And this whole Chris Brown shit I mean really.

skanky~skanketta
Mar 20th, 2012, 05:23 AM
Last time I checked thats being involved and she also co-writes some of her songs. If that means that she stands about saying "yes, I like the sound of that" while the REAL writers and penning down the song, then it's probably true. Otherwise, I sincerely believe that Rihanna co-writes her song just like how Sucha Farce co-wrote If I Were A Boy.

Steven.
Mar 20th, 2012, 06:56 AM
I actually never really liked her old stuff except Umbrella and Disturbia maybe. Rihanna with red hair was super hot though and I fucking loved it. Made me loop the video clips from Loud forever :drool:

Pump-it-UP
Mar 20th, 2012, 07:21 AM
She's simply too flawless for words.

http://hot92and100.com/sites/default/files/styles/large/public/tweet.jpg

But she peaked musically during the Rated R era. Everything else (image/personality/videos/promo) peaked during Loud.

Stamp Paid
Mar 20th, 2012, 07:46 AM
Her fashions dropped off after Rated R, and have never really come back. Thats my primary issue with her. :lol:
She was so flawless from GGGB until Loud. After the Ronald McDonald wig, she has never come back.

I miss fashionista c*nt Rihanna.

MegaDethly
Mar 20th, 2012, 08:01 AM
Very much so. Some of her tweets have been ugly to say the least. And getting back with that idiot Chris Brown is the biggest fail in the universe.

MegaDethly
Mar 20th, 2012, 08:04 AM
I like Skank Rihanna even more. :drool: There's something sexy about a woman who owns her sexuality and sticks her cake in your face. :cool:

I don't think Rihanna projects the image that she owns her sexuality. To me she seems to be offering her sexuality to anyone who wants to give her a dollar. We might as well be sticking cash in her bra.

The record company has a higher stake in owning her image and sexuality than she does.

Jamaica will probably give her a Saint status though, it's fucking hilarious. She's a skank.

Pops Maellard
Mar 20th, 2012, 09:38 AM

But she peaked musically during the Rated R era. Everything else (image/personality/videos/promo) peaked during Loud.
Actually answering haters (which he wasn't doing, just saying his opinion/what everyone else is thinking), is rather pathetic :lol:.

delicatecutter
Mar 20th, 2012, 10:53 AM
I don't think Rihanna projects the image that she owns her sexuality. To me she seems to be offering her sexuality to anyone who wants to give her a dollar. We might as well be sticking cash in her bra.

The record company has a higher stake in owning her image and sexuality than she does.

Jamaica will probably give her a Saint status though, it's fucking hilarious. She's a skank.

She's from Barbados, not Jamaica. :p

The Witch-king
Mar 20th, 2012, 11:19 AM

What does every one see in rated R? there's only like 2 deceont songs on hat for me...well 3, (Hard, Rude Boy and the one with Slash)
Loud seems more cnsistent to me.

delicatecutter
Mar 20th, 2012, 11:35 AM
Rated R is a pop masterpiece and was held in pretty high critical esteem (rightfully so). So many great songs. Hard, Russian Roulette, Te Amo, Rockstar101, Cold Case Love, The Last Song, G4L. Most importantly, there was a cohesive theme throughout the entire record, production-wise. It's a rather dark album and I think it's excellent.

Dominic
Mar 20th, 2012, 01:54 PM
I never really liked her and I like her even less now.

The Witch-king
Mar 20th, 2012, 02:07 PM
Rated R is a pop masterpiece and was held in pretty high critical esteem (rightfully so). So many great songs. Hard, Russian Roulette, Te Amo, Rockstar101, Cold Case Love, The Last Song, G4L. Most importantly, there was a cohesive theme throughout the entire record, production-wise. It's a rather dark album and I think it's excellent.

I don't really see it... but that's just me I guess.Doesn't seem all that different from her pervious ones.

Maddox
Mar 20th, 2012, 09:27 PM
I don't really see it... but that's just me I guess.Doesn't seem all that different from her pervious ones.

No my friend :lol:, Rated R is as close to perfection as Rihanna can get. There was a consistency on it, it was dark as well, she pulled it off.
The singles may not have been as commanding as GGGB but everything blended well together. ;)

And on the subjecj, I hate how trashy she's gotten with Talk that Talk. I don't know why, cause she doesn't have to really. And the "addressing the haters" thing on her twitter makes her come across as tackier than she already is

The Witch-king
Mar 21st, 2012, 09:42 AM
No my friend :lol:, Rated R is as close to perfection as Rihanna can get. There was a consistency on it, it was dark as well, she pulled it off.
The singles may not have been as commanding as GGGB but everything blended well together. ;)

And on the subjecj, I hate how trashy she's gotten with Talk that Talk. I don't know why, cause she doesn't have to really. And the "addressing the haters" thing on her twitter makes her come across as tackier than she already is

Well since you say so, imma give it a listen again. I think it's that cheesy intro that put me off :lol:

The Witch-king
Mar 21st, 2012, 09:54 AM
Actually answering haters (which he wasn't doing, just saying his opinion/what everyone else is thinking), is rather pathetic :lol:.
I never knew you were THAT shady FlameOn:sobbing: Props to ya!

Pops Maellard
Mar 21st, 2012, 09:59 AM
I never knew you were THAT shady FlameOn:sobbing: Props to ya!
OMG oops! :sobbing:

Apoleb
Mar 21st, 2012, 03:21 PM
She just needs to go away. Katy Perry and Lana Del Rey can join her too. Also ship with them Kelly Clarkson. I'm stuck in traffic a lot of the time and unfortunately I just can't get away from them.

delicatecutter
Mar 21st, 2012, 03:53 PM
She just needs to go away. Katy Perry and Lana Del Rey can join her too. Also ship with them Kelly Clarkson. I'm stuck in traffic a lot of the time and unfortunately I just can't get away from them.

You don't have a CD player? :unsure:

Apoleb
Mar 21st, 2012, 03:58 PM
You don't have a CD player? :unsure:

:lol: Let's not go there.

delicatecutter
Mar 21st, 2012, 04:01 PM
Because it would solve your problem?

Charlatan
Mar 21st, 2012, 11:49 PM
i don't know her