Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

jameshazza
Mar 19th, 2012, 01:23 AM
http://www.tennishead.net/siteimage/scale/800/600/119603.png
On to the next one Masha, slay some Bitches :cheer:
New Tournament, New Dress :cheer:

dsanders06
Mar 19th, 2012, 01:39 AM
If she doesn't withdraw (which I'm still not 100% sure about), I REALLY hope she draws Kim :drool: Even though I'd give Kim a slight edge on hardcourts (assuming she's inform), I just want to see them play atleast one more time before Kim retires, firstly for the sake of the WTA :lol: and also because for whatever reason Maria just always seems to be really up for it whenever she plays any of the old guard bar Serena. Probably her best tennis of 2009-10 was in those first two sets against Kim in Cincinnati (before the choke), and also the way she was so fearless against Justine at RG back in 2010. Compare that to the way she always seems so unsure of herself against Azarenka. I don't know why, maybe it's just because she always has memories brought back of playing great against the old guard back at her peak even when she plays them now :lol:

jameshazza
Mar 19th, 2012, 01:50 AM
If she doesn't withdraw (which I'm still not 100% sure about), I REALLY hope she draws Kim :drool: Even though I'd give Kim a slight edge on hardcourts (assuming she's inform), I just want to see them play atleast one more time before Kim retires, firstly for the sake of the WTA :lol: and also because for whatever reason Maria just always seems to be really up for it whenever she plays any of the old guard bar Serena. Probably her best tennis of 2009-10 was in those first two sets against Kim in Cincinnati (before the choke), and also the way she was so fearless against Justine at RG back in 2010. Compare that to the way she always seems so unsure of herself against Azarenka. I don't know why, maybe it's just because she always has memories brought back of playing great against the old guard back at her peak even when she plays them now :lol:
This also because I hate the fluke H2H with Clijsters, 5-3 in Kim's favour - 2 from '03 and another 2 matches ('05 USO SF and '10 Cinci final) that Masha should have won.

I'm not sure whether she'll play either but if she does I'd like a SF just for the points or a QF at the very least.

Craig.
Mar 19th, 2012, 01:54 AM
I'd like to see some quality play as well as some quality wins if possible. :)

Oh and win the title. I'll be pissed the fuck off if she retires without a Miami title. I WANT IT BAD.

madmax
Mar 19th, 2012, 02:32 AM
I'm not sure if her foot will really allow her to compete to her best in South Beach...I'm starting to think that her sluggish footwork may indeed be a result of some sort nagging injury. She was already very sluggish against Baby Anci and today it just got exposed big time by Azarenka. Anyway, if she's indeed fine I hope she reaches the final again and I PRAY that she is not facing belorussian in the final this time arround...

Maria rocks
Mar 19th, 2012, 07:40 AM
Come On Maria You Can Win This Title Xx

MaruSharapova
Mar 19th, 2012, 08:00 AM
On to the next!

Trih
Mar 19th, 2012, 08:08 AM
Compare that to the way she always seems so unsure of herself against Azarenka. I don't know why, maybe it's just because she always has memories brought back of playing great against the old guard back at her peak even when she plays them now :lol:

If she somehow puts that old fire on court it would be enough for at least another final. :lol:
Best of the luck for Miami, I hope in a good tournament and at least SF's.. then everything could happen!

JoPova
Mar 19th, 2012, 10:09 AM
Well done James! ;) Let's hope Maria can have enough rest so that she can be at her best in this tournament! However I don't expect her to go that deep in the draw and defend all her points from last year. A QF or SF would be nice! (obviously in my dreams she reaches the final and defeats Serena 61 62 winning the trophy :hearts: but that's just a dream! :D)

The draw ceremony is supposed to happen today, am I right?

Mistress of Evil
Mar 19th, 2012, 11:56 AM
Make QFs/SFs and play some decent tennis, please!

lefty24
Mar 19th, 2012, 12:21 PM
Well done James! ;) Let's hope Maria can have enough rest so that she can be at her best in this tournament! However I don't expect her to go that deep in the draw and defend all her points from last year. A QF or SF would be nice! (obviously in my dreams she reaches the final and defeats Serena 61 62 winning the trophy :hearts: but that's just a dream! :D)

The draw ceremony is supposed to happen today, am I right?

I think the ceremony is at 11:30.

Trih
Mar 19th, 2012, 12:55 PM
I think the ceremony is at 11:30.

What time for CET?

doomsday
Mar 19th, 2012, 01:19 PM
What time for CET?

19:30.
Am I the only one who thinks that Hodge or whatever did a terrible job with Maria, I mean, sure he brought consistency in her game and her FH looks more solid but I still believe that it's not what is gonna help her to win the biggest titles she needs to flatten her FH a lil more where are those lasso FH she was hitting back then :sad: the lack of aggressiveness in her game is really hurting her especially against Vika, Petra and Na.
Sth needs to be done cause otherwise she will keep reach finals just to lose them and enough is enough she better bring her best serve and tennis in Miami and I don't care what it takes just do it :lol:

Tennisvampire
Mar 19th, 2012, 02:06 PM
Although I don't have very high expectations for this one, if she's healthy and doesn't draw Serena in her quarter, she could easily reach another semifinal at the very least. But, I'm a little bit worried about that ankle :sad: I just hope that she'll play some nice tennis this and following week, and that her ground strokes will finally kick back in. I'm starting to miss the period when her serve was disastrous, but her ground game very strong :eek:

Good luck Masha :cheer: Let's do some slaying :devil:

lefty24
Mar 19th, 2012, 02:36 PM
19:30.
Am I the only one who thinks that Hodge or whatever did a terrible job with Maria, I mean, sure he brought consistency in her game and her FH looks more solid but I still believe that it's not what is gonna help her to win the biggest titles she needs to flatten her FH a lil more where are those lasso FH she was hitting back then :sad: the lack of aggressiveness in her game is really hurting her especially against Vika, Petra and Na.
Sth needs to be done cause otherwise she will keep reach finals just to lose them and enough is enough she better bring her best serve and tennis in Miami and I don't care what it takes just do it :lol:

I don't think she needs a new coach. A lot players switch coaches all the time when their game sings perfect and it just doesn't work.
Do you really think Maria should hire a new coach just to beat one girl? He's done wonders with Maria. It's her own fault she can't bring it. She has all the tools.

Shafanovic.
Mar 19th, 2012, 03:40 PM
Best of luck Maria.

Another final would be good. :) A title wouldn't be too bad either but I'm not expecting too much. I'll be happy with QF or better.

shaktincredible
Mar 19th, 2012, 03:55 PM
please be more optimistic guys :lol:

remember AO final 2007 when she was being humiliated by serena (only won 3 games) but you know what happened in the following year.

look at the bright side, so far 2012 is better than her 2007 post AO.. so who knows?

i'm sure she will grab her fourth slam sooner or later. it's just the matter of time.

doomsday
Mar 19th, 2012, 04:01 PM
I don't think she needs a new coach. A lot players switch coaches all the time when their game sings perfect and it just doesn't work.
Do you really think Maria should hire a new coach just to beat one girl? He's done wonders with Maria. It's her own fault she can't bring it. She has all the tools.

Of course not, but I'm just saying it's nice to reach big finals again but it's always to lose very badly against the best players this is really annoying. Ok so far only Vika is the big problem but still I want her to put a fight against her you're not supposed to lose that badly even against the world N1.

shaktincredible
Mar 19th, 2012, 04:04 PM
main draw is out. as far as i know:

1st Quarter Azarenka Bartoli

2nd Quarter Kvitova Radwanska

3rd Quarter Wozniacki Stosur S Williams

4th Quarter Sharapova Li

she has a good chance to take a revenge on Li. good. :)

domon17th
Mar 19th, 2012, 04:10 PM

THIS SO MUCH. I still think the stretch from RG10 to Cincy 2010 was some of the best tennis Maria played post-surgery. Most impressed with how inspired she played against Henin (The dropshots, even the serve & volley!!), as well as against Serena-ServeGOATmode. Kinda makes me wonder what happened during that stretch in 2010.

But oh well, we're in 2012 now, no point looking back. If there's no injury scare, please Masha, your FOOTWORK! Move those feet and you can blast off those groundstrokes and returns just fine.

lefty24
Mar 19th, 2012, 04:16 PM
Not too bad of a draw so far.

I just wish Aga was in her quarter.

dsanders06
Mar 19th, 2012, 04:44 PM
Apparently she's likely to get Peer first up :shrug: Potentially a little bit tricky if Maria comes in a little under-par.

pedropt
Mar 19th, 2012, 04:51 PM
Peer reminds of RomePova :awww:

JoPova
Mar 19th, 2012, 04:58 PM
Her first opponent will be Peer or a Qualifier from what I've understood! We have a possible QF with Na. Maria needs to beat her! It'll give her a tremendous amount of confidence after losing to her three times in a row!

dsanders06
Mar 19th, 2012, 04:59 PM
OK, looks like a fairly kind draw... hopefully she can get through to the semis atleast, where she'll play Serena, Clijsters, Wozniacki or Stosur.

I just hope Li doesn't get through to the QFs because I still feel she's an even worse match-up for Maria than Azarenka is. And it's not even like it's that likely that Li will be an obstacle to a Grand Slam title this year, so there would be absolutely nothing gained from either beating or losing to her (whereas with Azarenka, you could atleast argue that when Maria loses to her there's a chance she learns from it and will be able to use it if she plays Azarenka at a Slam). So basically, playing Li is just an unnecessary nuisance :lol:

JamieOwen3
Mar 19th, 2012, 05:21 PM
she ain't gonna lose to PEER lets get THAT straight ;) Vamos bitches, another day another tournament.

dsanders06
Mar 19th, 2012, 05:31 PM
2R Peer
3R Errani
4R Jankovic/Pavlyuchenkova/Barthel
QF Li/Lisicki/Kuznetsova

lefty24
Mar 19th, 2012, 05:42 PM
2R Peer
3R Errani
4R Jankovic/Pavlyuchenkova/Barthel
QF Li/Lisicki/Kuznetsova

If she gets her, Barthel might be tricky. I hope gets JJ though, I love bitchy matches.

Jack89
Mar 19th, 2012, 05:44 PM
Here's the full draw:

http://www.wtatennis.com/SEWTATour-Archive/posting/2012/902/MDS.pdf

madmax
Mar 19th, 2012, 06:04 PM
she's probably gonna play Barthel in the 4th round (I refuse to believe that Maria can lose to the likes of Peer and Errani:devil:) and then most probably Li/Kuznetsova. Not bad, the most important thing for Maria is improving her game and that damn FOOTWORK for once...

jameshazza
Mar 19th, 2012, 06:08 PM
I'm kinda expecting her to make QF/SF now. If the SF are Vika vs. in-form Petra and Masha vs. Kim I'll be happy. And if Masha is to make another final, if her opponent is Azarenka she better win. I cannot cope with another loss to that overhyped grinder.

Mistress of Evil
Mar 19th, 2012, 06:59 PM
A semifinal is within reach.

He needs fired. :o Bring somebody who has worked on the ATP like Gilbert or even Lundgren.

Trih
Mar 19th, 2012, 07:10 PM
Hogstedt was Tommy Haas' coach if I remember right :shrug: I don't think his work took anything away from Maria's game, her lack of aggressiveness is more a mental condition imho: remember how afraid she was last year and how much more consistent she is now. I think she can still improve.

Cherry.
Mar 19th, 2012, 07:40 PM
Her first opponent will be Peer or a Qualifier from what I've understood! We have a possible QF with Na. Maria needs to beat her! It'll give her a tremendous amount of confidence after losing to her three times in a row!4 times in a row already. :o
Masha just has to beat her if they were to meat in QFs. She has to.:(

doooma6816
Mar 19th, 2012, 08:21 PM
I like her draw, I hope Na will make QF and that Na-Masha match will happen. She needs to beat her! And Masha-Kim SF would be amazing! Maybe she needs sth like this, meet old opponent...like in 2010, she met Justine and following months she played great tennis.
Vika's draw:tape: no Serena, no Kim...she'll make SF again. I hope Petra will be playing good tennis to meet Vika in SF, she's able to beat her and end her winning streak.
My dream way to win this title: QF Na SF Kim F Petra. :inlove:
But seriously QF is a must.

Cherry.
Mar 19th, 2012, 08:25 PM
A semifinal is within reach.

He needs fired. :o Bring somebody who has worked on the ATP like Gilbert or even Lundgren.Hoggy was Tommy Haas' coach. :shrug:
And hell no to BG. :o Can't stand him and he used to be like the Woz of ATP basically.

lefty24
Mar 19th, 2012, 08:28 PM
Maybe she just needs to hire a new brain. :P

Cherry.
Mar 19th, 2012, 08:29 PM
Maybe she just needs to hire a new brain. :PThis. :o

Maria Croft
Mar 19th, 2012, 08:33 PM
It's a good draw.

Hope she's recovered from IW and is well rested.

dsanders06
Mar 19th, 2012, 08:35 PM
So do you guys think it's safe to assume Maria IS playing? She probably would've withdrawn before the draw if she was going to, right? I need to know before I do my entry for the Fill in the Draw competition :lol: </sad>

Cherry.
Mar 19th, 2012, 08:48 PM
So do you guys think it's safe to assume Maria IS playing? She probably would've withdrawn before the draw if she was going to, right? I need to know before I do my entry for the Fill in the Draw competition :lol: </sad>She will play. :shrug: It's Miami and she has final points to defend. Not like it's some MMs or the other two rather useless PMs aka Madrid or Beijing. Plus I don't think there's anything serious with her foot/ankle.
I don't get it why you keep thinking she would withdraw? :confused: If she was able to play her IW final then with a few more days of rest she should be more than fit to play Miami.

~MashyOwnThemAll
Mar 19th, 2012, 08:53 PM
Main sponsors as SE, IMG... there is no chance that she'll witdraw before plays at least one match. :lol:

Craig.
Mar 19th, 2012, 08:54 PM
I can't at Azarenka's draw, I just can't. :rolls: Maria's draw looks fine I guess, could have been better, could have been much worse.

Craig.
Mar 19th, 2012, 08:55 PM
I'm kinda expecting her to make QF/SF now. If the SF are Vika vs. in-form Petra and Masha vs. Kim I'll be happy. And if Masha is to make another final, if her opponent is Azarenka she better win. I cannot cope with another loss to that overhyped grinder.

I'm sorry but unless a drastic change occurs, she's not beating Azarenka any time soon :shrug: I don't say that to be a pessimist, I'm just being realistic.

doomsday
Mar 19th, 2012, 08:59 PM
Azarenka's draw is a joke OK she would beat many players right now but such an easy draw wasn't necessary, no Ivanovic, no Serena, no Kim, no Venus, no Li, just noone. This is insane at this rate she will be undefeated this whole year.

Cherry.
Mar 19th, 2012, 09:04 PM
I'm sorry but unless a drastic change occurs, she's not beating Azarenka any time soon :shrug: I don't say that to be a pessimist, I'm just being realistic.This. I would give her more chance had they met before the finals tbh (which is not gonna happen at the moment). Finals? No, she's not beating Vika. Realistic goal is to win more than 5 games. :tape:

Tennisvampire
Mar 19th, 2012, 09:17 PM
Maybe she just needs to hire a new brain. :P

:haha: This!

I can't at Azarenka's draw, I just can't. :rolls: Maria's draw looks fine I guess, could have been better, could have been much worse.

Azarenka's draw is a cakewalk :rolleyes: I mean it's not enough that she wins everything, now she has to smoothly run through the entire quarter (possibly even the whole half, I'm not confident in Petra's game right now, but hopefully she has found the right rhythm)? God, just bring some GOAT tennis Petra, I would be more than satisfied if Vika eventually loses to her :devil: Woz is so not getting out of that quarter alive :lol: kind of feel a little bit sorry for her :lol: I'm rooting for Kim-Serena quarter, and then Masha-Kim semifinal :hearts: As far as Maria's draw, I guess it's pretty neutral, could have been better (when will she finally draw Aga? :devil:), but it could have been a lot worse as well. Peer can be tricky, but she hasn't played decent tennis for quite some time, and I just can't see Maria losing to Errani. Hopefully, JJ will get through to the 4th round, and I'll get to see my two faves playing :hearts: at least that way I won't be too devastated if Maria loses, which hopefully she won't... I mean, after all, JJ is one of her regular customers :lol: And how great would it be if Lisicki gets through to the semis :lol: Though revenge on Na wouldn't be bad either :devil:

All in all, she should make at least QF, or why not even the SF.. So when we sum everything up, she won't lose points, because she won the same amount in IW as the one that she would potentially lose if she gets through to the semis...

atominside
Mar 19th, 2012, 09:36 PM
God. Maria deserves a big title. I would love it to be here in Miami. Realistically speaking she should get through to the semis, where 60/40 she beats kim. I see Kim beating Serena. And Unless divine intervention occurs, she cant beat azarenka. But she deserves a title here so much :sobbing: a big title for maria is LONG OVERDUE.

Cherry.
Mar 19th, 2012, 09:38 PM
God. Maria deserves a big title. I would love it to be here in Miami. Realistically speaking she should get through to the semis, where 60/40 she beats kim. I see Kim beating Serena. And Unless divine intervention occurs, she cant beat azarenka. But she deserves a title here so much :sobbing: a big title for maria is LONG OVERDUE.THIS SO MUCH. :sobbing:
But honestly Vika's draw is just :facepalm: I can't see anybody in her quarter trouble her at all. :help:

JamieOwen3
Mar 19th, 2012, 09:57 PM
It IS time Maria deservedly got a big title, she's worked hard these past few years to get back to #2 so lets do it Maria. #MakeItHappenChamp

Fighterpova
Mar 19th, 2012, 10:00 PM
What a draw :tape: Petra will lose early and Aga will lose to Vika for the 5th time this year :rolls:

I hope Masha gets to the semis at least, would be awesome! I hope she gets revenge on Li finally, I don't want it to be 5-5 :armed:

Good luck :hug:

Shafanovic.
Mar 19th, 2012, 11:28 PM
I'm sorry but unless a drastic change occurs, she's not beating Azarenka any time soon :shrug: I don't say that to be a pessimist, I'm just being realistic.

This.

Maria always overplays against Azarenka for some reason, going for ridiculous winners and she ends up hitting tonnes of errors.

Tennisvampire
Mar 19th, 2012, 11:47 PM
God. Maria deserves a big title. I would love it to be here in Miami. Realistically speaking she should get through to the semis, where 60/40 she beats kim. I see Kim beating Serena. And Unless divine intervention occurs, she cant beat azarenka. But she deserves a title here so much :sobbing: a big title for maria is LONG OVERDUE.

She indeed does deserve it... She's been working so hard, and I think I would be completely crushed if she doesn't win just one more Slam before she ultimately retires (which hopefully won't be for a long time).
I say let Sasha be the divine intervention :lol: she was playing probably her best tennis of 2011 (in Rome) when he was there, so I say quit basketball and come support your woman :D

This.

Maria always overplays against Azarenka for some reason, going for ridiculous winners and she ends up hitting tonnes of errors.

Argh, this so much... It's like she goes for the winner from literally IMPOSSIBLE situations and positions :rolleyes: She has one huge setback in her game, an issue even bigger than her footwork. She doesn't have a plan B. Her game has only one dimension, and when that doesn't function we are in for a shitfest. I know that she probably thinks that she doesn't need a safety net, and that the only way to play tennis is by always attacking. But, look at the current number ones. Both Vika and Nole (especially 2011 Nole) have CONTROLLED aggression. Granted, Vika defends more, but when she has the opportunity to attack, she seizes it without a problem. Novak is a great puncher and attacker from the baseline, but he can defend himself amazingly (those backhand passing shots :hearts:), and he is now even trying to incorporate net play to his game plan. So, Maria, please add some variety. I love her attacking tennis, but there is a time when that doesn't always bring the best results.

18majors
Mar 19th, 2012, 11:51 PM
Keep on plugging away and win titles, Maria!

jameshazza
Mar 19th, 2012, 11:53 PM
Vika's shitfest against Barthel gives me hope that she loses to some scrub early, in the finish Masha ends up playing Aga in the final :cheer:

Craig.
Mar 19th, 2012, 11:54 PM
The thing is though, Maria's not simply not the athlete those two are. Movement/defense will always be somewhat of a liability for her so she's got to work with what she has. And since her injury, her serve hasn't been the same (notice that she barely hits DF these days but she wins next to no free points on her serve), and so she can't dominate the way she should. Lack of footwork + mediocre/decent-at-best serve + inconsistent groundstrokes = ass whoopings against Azarenka :shrug:

MM_1257
Mar 20th, 2012, 01:09 AM
We shall see, Maria didn't look too fresh and healthy to me after Kiri's match. Step by step. And do not ask from Maria to add variety, especially to become a net player, she won't. What I ask from her is to play her game at the best possible level on a given day. Comparing Novak to Maria? No, compare Vika to Novak, it is more adequate.

heelsrule1988
Mar 20th, 2012, 01:52 AM
2004 Wimbldeon final is being shown on Tennis Channel right now... I wish she could own Serena and Vika like that now.

P.S. She was so adorable at 17. :angel:

jameshazza
Mar 20th, 2012, 02:00 AM
2004 Wimbldeon final is being shown on Tennis Channel right now... I wish she could own Serena and Vika like that now.

P.S. She was so adorable at 17. :angel:

:sobbing:
Always makes me so emotional, I doubt there'll ever be another upset as stunning, mainly 'cus Masha did it first and with WTA restrictions we'll probably see the players at the top for a while before it happens.

Masha is probably the last teen that will ever take the WTA by storm, unless there comes an era that makes this one look like the Golden Age, and some teen gets into GOAT mode at a slam.

ziros
Mar 20th, 2012, 02:14 AM
I am glad none of you guys are giving Maria advice: "Maria you CAN'T beat Vika so just make it look like you're trying out there". It remains to be seen how much of a force Vika is going to be,yes she's having a good run but she's only been to the semis or beyond in grand slams twice. Wozniacki was having this sort of run as well,just without the grand slam win. She has had a lot of injuries,who's to say that won't happen again. It's all part of the game

heelsrule1988
Mar 20th, 2012, 02:24 AM
Masha is probably the last teen that will ever take the WTA by storm
I would say Christina McHale... but she's almost 20 and is just now starting to make noise.

dsanders06
Mar 20th, 2012, 02:26 AM
I would say Christina McHale... but she's almost 20 and is just now starting to make noise.

That, plus the fact she's never taking ANYTHING by storm :lol: :p

Crux Squall
Mar 20th, 2012, 03:12 AM
c Starting dates for
Miami seeds: WTA bottom half on
Thursday, ATP bottom half/WTA top
half on Friday, ATP top half on
Saturday.
so maria will play on thursday,

dsanders06
Mar 20th, 2012, 04:58 AM
Ugh, there won't be any livestreams until her 4th round match then.

Crux Squall
Mar 20th, 2012, 05:24 AM
Ugh, there won't be any livestreams until her 4th round match then.

omg, IW and MIAMI:sad:

perseus2006
Mar 20th, 2012, 05:25 AM
Pova's 3rd match will be on Saturday and televised by TTC.

Step it up, Pova! Maximum ferocity!

Steven.
Mar 20th, 2012, 07:09 AM
I'm strangely optimistic about this tournament. I have a good feeling she'll beat Li Na if they do meet, I think Serena won't go deep, and I have a really good feeling that Maria will be in the final and Azarenka will not. I hope I'm right. :)

and yep, Maria is definitely the last teenager to take the tour by storm. I'm a huge fan of teenage sensations, and I pay quite a bit of attention to the teenagers on the tour. I don't think we'll ever see a teenager take the tour by storm like Maria, Clijsters, WS, Hingis, Seles, Capriati again, unless the age restrictions are removed.

I guess you could argue Kvitova made quite some noise as a teenager when she defeated Venus and Safina both in the same year I think, but she was by no means a teen sensation.

Cherry.
Mar 20th, 2012, 07:26 AM
I'm strangely optimistic about this tournament. I have a good feeling she'll beat Li Na if they do meet, I think Serena won't go deep, and I have a really good feeling that Maria will be in the final and Azarenka will not. I hope I'm right. :):lol: If this did happen then she'd better beat whoever's her opponent convincingly. I mean now I've got used to her losing finals to Vika (:sobbing:) but if she got there and ended up losing to someone else I swear... :o

Steven.
Mar 20th, 2012, 07:40 AM
:lol: If this did happen then she'd better beat whoever's her opponent convincingly. I mean now I've got used to her losing finals to Vika (:sobbing:) but if she got there and ended up losing to someone else I swear... :o

Maria is 5-8 in finals since 2009. I'm never confident for her in finals anymore. :sobbing: she's really become a russian bridesmaid like those before her; for comparison, before 2009, she was 19-7. :sad:

JamieOwen3
Mar 20th, 2012, 08:02 AM
and 4/8 of the finals have been losses to victoria. :sobbing:

Cherry.
Mar 20th, 2012, 08:46 AM
Maria is 5-8 in finals since 2009. I'm never confident for her in finals anymore. :sobbing: she's really become a russian bridesmaid like those before her; for comparison, before 2009, she was 19-7. :sad:I know. :sobbing: She used to be so good at playing finals. Now she keeps getting beatdowns. :sad:

Andy.
Mar 20th, 2012, 10:48 AM
Its a reasonably decent draw that should play her into form match by match. Enough with the pity party people! A little positivity goes a long way.

18majors
Mar 20th, 2012, 11:23 AM
Maria was beaten badly by Wozniacki in 2010 US Open and 2011 Indian Wells but returned the favor in Rome. Hope she will do the same to Azarenka this year.

Maria is off to a stronger start in 2012 than in 2011, a year she won two premier titles. Hope she will win more than two titles this year.

Lachy
Mar 20th, 2012, 11:25 AM
Shahar Peer in round 2 please LMAO :hysteric: :hysteric: Surely there wouldn't be an issue with intensity levels in that match :drool:

Steven.
Mar 20th, 2012, 11:35 AM
Maria was beaten badly by Wozniacki in 2010 US Open and 2011 Indian Wells but returned the favor in Rome. Hope she will do the same to Azarenka this year.

Maria is off to a stronger start in 2012 than in 2011, a year she won two premier titles. Hope she will win more than two titles this year.

One big title will make me happy tbh. Preferably a slam.

Masha trivia: she's currently the only active player to have won 1 title/year for 9 consecutive years. Winning a title this year will make it 10 :hearts:

yes that means even Sarin and Vinas haven't been able to do this, nor has Henin infact

domon17th
Mar 20th, 2012, 12:54 PM
Why why, Vika is the top seed and world number 1, she's supposed to have an 'easier' draw, no? ;)

But yea, Masha, go and play your best. I'm so in need of a Miami trophy. IW? Been there, done that. (And your trophy is much better than the crystal mess Vika got :sobbing:)

Tennisvampire
Mar 20th, 2012, 01:00 PM
Why why, Vika is the top seed and world number 1, she's supposed to have an 'easier' draw, no? ;)

But yea, Masha, go and play your best. I'm so in need of a Miami trophy. IW? Been there, done that. (And your trophy is much better than the crystal mess Vika got :sobbing:)

Haha, this :D Ah, that beautiful whale :rolleyes:

domon17th
Mar 20th, 2012, 01:20 PM
Actually I'm optimistic about this tournament and the rest of 2012. Cutting back the DFs would only help Masha in improving her serve, and trying to blend the perfect pace and placement she once got. Baby steps, with a solid serve she'd start with an advantage straight away. On second thoughts I'd much prefer what we have now than crying over 10+ DFs during her post-surgery matches circa 09-11

abi
Mar 20th, 2012, 04:41 PM
Actually I'm optimistic about this tournament and the rest of 2012. Cutting back the DFs would only help Masha in improving her serve, and trying to blend the perfect pace and placement she once got. Baby steps, with a solid serve she'd start with an advantage straight away. On second thoughts I'd much prefer what we have now than crying over 10+ DFs during her post-surgery matches circa 09-11

I agree. Didn't Maria say the high number of DFs was because she couldn't quite "feel" the balls? Now she's cutting down the DFs and that means she is starting to be able to control the balls again. I believe the serve will ultimately help get her confidence back. :D

And as Maria said, she and Vika will probably meet many more times again in finals, and that definitely is a huge motivator for Maria to improve her game to beat her. :drool:

heelsrule1988
Mar 20th, 2012, 07:08 PM
Pova's 3rd match will be on Saturday and televised by TTC.
You mean her second match. And I don't know what TTC is, but there won't be any TV here in the U.S. for her first match. That's the way it was last year, too. :[

perseus2006
Mar 20th, 2012, 09:14 PM
You mean her second match. And I don't know what TTC is, but there won't be any TV here in the U.S. for her first match. That's the way it was last year, too. :[

3rd = third round. It's a typical abbreviation in tennis.

TTC is an abbreviation for The Tennis Channel, a cable station dedicated to tennis.

The only conclusion possible for the lack of coverage for Pova's second round match again this year is ongoing ethnic prejudice against Russian players.

atominside
Mar 20th, 2012, 10:13 PM
3rd = third round. It's a typical abbreviation in tennis.

TTC is an abbreviation for The Tennis Channel, a cable station dedicated to tennis.

The only conclusion possible for the lack of coverage for Pova's second round match again this year is ongoing ethnic prejudice against Russian players.

^:rolleyes: So stupid. how paul_pipkin of you:lol:

Trih
Mar 20th, 2012, 10:59 PM

rotfl :haha: but true
We won't have a tv coverage for many other important (non russian) players :[

MS17
Mar 20th, 2012, 11:05 PM
Brad Gilbert‏@bgtennisnation
Heard from a very reliable source: Courts are playing much quicker this yr-not much grit-very unusual for MIAMI, big hitters will like that.

what do you think guys ?:p

jameshazza
Mar 20th, 2012, 11:08 PM
I think the courts should be sped back up all around the board, its making the matches far too long. i.e. Nadal and Nole's pretty average but unnecessarily long-winded final.

Also, even in the state the WTA was in Woz and Aga would never have achieved their highest rankings IMO, they would have been blasted off court by a Goerges type in R4.

Trih
Mar 20th, 2012, 11:27 PM
Brad Gilbert‏@bgtennisnation
Heard from a very reliable source: Courts are playing much quicker this yr-not much grit-very unusual for MIAMI, big hitters will like that.

what do you think guys ?:p

http://i.imgur.com/nfVIR.jpg

Craig.
Mar 20th, 2012, 11:58 PM
:yawn: I'll believe it when I see it.

lefty24
Mar 21st, 2012, 12:15 AM

haha that was my first thought too.

JamieOwen3
Mar 21st, 2012, 12:54 AM
courts better be fucking faster than the ones at indian *my nan could run up to those balls* wells!! Brad better not be talking devlin!

goldlion
Mar 21st, 2012, 02:25 AM
I like Stanford court but Vika made Maria look stupid on that court in 2010.

But that said, faster court is better for Maria. I just wish she could get some great wins, not those top 30s, 40s and 50s players. Please, beat at least one Top 10 player in this tournament.

Sp!ffy
Mar 21st, 2012, 02:45 AM

OMFG. I haven't been on the Maria forums in years!! Does he still post there?

atominside
Mar 21st, 2012, 06:29 AM
i dont visit her forum at all, but after my post i had to go look. Its so bleak there. Paul is still there and philli is still there, trolling around also.:help:

Reptilia
Mar 21st, 2012, 07:19 AM
What ever happened to that weeeird Norwegian poster That trolled Siberian Siren? :unsure:

vozas
Mar 21st, 2012, 09:46 AM
I think she'lld do great this tournament. And the draw will be good preparation for the latter rounds. Start off with pushers like Peer and Errani, and a good first test with a finesse player like Barthel. Take care of Li Na in the QFs (please :sobbing:) and then either Serena or Kim at the semis (hoping for Saint Sin here, not only because Maria ain't beating Serena, but I REALLY want Maria to avenge that Cincinatti loss, and it'd be great for them to meet one last time before Kim retires).

Then the final... I mean, she's gonna beat Azarenka eventually (right? :scared:). She has to.

gc-spurs
Mar 21st, 2012, 10:10 AM
I think she'lld do great this tournament. And the draw will be good preparation for the latter rounds. Start off with pushers like Peer and Errani, and a good first test with a finesse player like Barthel. Take care of Li Na in the QFs (please :sobbing:) and then either Serena or Kim at the semis (hoping for Saint Sin here, not only because Maria ain't beating Serena, but I REALLY want Maria to avenge that Cincinatti loss, and it'd be great for them to meet one last time before Kim retires).

Then the final... I mean, she's gonna beat Azarenka eventually (right? :scared:). She has to.

Lol, well Sammy beat Mash eventually...

Trih
Mar 21st, 2012, 12:19 PM
i dont visit her forum at all, but after my post i had to go look. Its so bleak there. Paul is still there and philli is still there, trolling around also.:help:
Yeah Maria's forum is so weird.. It's full of people with crazy posts :help: like the ones someone wrote when she had to go to Tokyo last year. Thank god I found tennisforum to talk about tennis and Maria. :D
Lol, well Sammy beat Mash eventually...
... let's just hope we don't have to wait 10 matches for her to beat Vika! :lol:

jameshazza
Mar 21st, 2012, 02:02 PM
I think we have easily the most 'guests' here. 39 atm, and Masha hasn't even played yet :help:

Mashabator
Mar 21st, 2012, 02:21 PM
I wish the coverage wasn't so shit! wanna see all her matches :o

doooma6816
Mar 21st, 2012, 02:47 PM
I wish the coverage wasn't so shit! wanna see all her matches :o

this!
and I'd love to see Venus-Petra...

Mashabator
Mar 21st, 2012, 02:58 PM
dont get why MM have better coverage than IW and Miami

Sasja
Mar 21st, 2012, 03:20 PM
dont get why MM have better coverage than IW and Miami

This :sobbing:
Quite a few interesting matches before they start coverage: Alisa's comeback, possible Venus vs Petra in R2, Kim back and unseeded, Serena is back etc....

I think they start on Saturday/Sunday, right?

jameshazza
Mar 21st, 2012, 03:26 PM
Yeah though its TTC, so no streams until Sunday.

Fed_Ds
Mar 21st, 2012, 06:02 PM
Goo Maria take the title this time!! :cheer:

Charlatan
Mar 21st, 2012, 06:57 PM
peer beats cornet 6-4, 6-2...so maria vs peer then :D

18majors
Mar 21st, 2012, 07:04 PM
peer beats cornet 6-4, 6-2...so maria vs peer then :D

Maria beat Peer on her way to 2011 Rome crown; hope history repeat itself in Miami.

JoPova
Mar 21st, 2012, 07:37 PM
Maria vs Peer :cheer:

doomsday
Mar 21st, 2012, 08:19 PM
Sharapova won't feel "alone" in this event, I mean, the old generation her generation is back :hearts:

18majors
Mar 21st, 2012, 10:52 PM
This tournament is shaping up to be something special. Both Venus and Clijsters returned and played well, while American young guns Sloane Stephens and Madison Keys steped up big time.

Go Maria!

Trih
Mar 21st, 2012, 11:31 PM
Tomorrow's OOP
http://www.sonyericssonopen.com/Schedules/Live-OOP.aspx?EventId=0403&Year=2012&Seq=4
Eurosport coverage starts Saturday, but is there any american TV coverage for the first round?

rucolo
Mar 21st, 2012, 11:36 PM
R1 Bye
R2 Peer
R3 Errani/Stephens
R4 Barthel
QF Li
SF Clijsters/Serena/Stosur
F Azarenka/Venus

Some dangerous opponents for Maria, right from the start :unsure:

And NA-MUG said in GM "Maria`s draw is total cakewalk". Such an idiot :rolleyes:

Come on, Maria! Show your best tennis in Miami! ;)

Cherry.
Mar 21st, 2012, 11:39 PM
And NA-MUG said in GM "Maria`s draw is total cakewalk". Such an idiot :rolleyes:
:lol: Nothing new. Whatever draw Masha gets to some people it's always a cakewalk.

Reptilia
Mar 22nd, 2012, 12:00 AM
I can't stand peer. I'd love her as a punchbag :lol:

killerqueen
Mar 22nd, 2012, 01:20 AM
Maria beat Peer on her way to 2011 Rome crown; hope history repeat itself in Miami.

If I recall, Maria gave a really good performance in that Rome match. I guess she still hates Peer and raises her game accordingly - I hope so anyway, it'd be nice to see Maria give a beatdown to a half-decent player. :p

Reptilia
Mar 22nd, 2012, 02:01 AM
I can't stand peer. I'd love her as a punchbag :lol:

Oh my :oh: Seems she already is. 5-0

Crux Squall
Mar 22nd, 2012, 04:33 AM
So no chance for a stream ???

claypova
Mar 22nd, 2012, 04:49 AM
I really hope Masha and Rena play in the semifinals :lol:

18majors
Mar 22nd, 2012, 08:15 AM
R1 Bye
R2 Peer
R3 Errani/Stephens
R4 Barthel
QF Li
SF Clijsters/Serena/Stosur
F Azarenka/Venus

Some dangerous opponents for Maria, right from the start :unsure:

Come on, Maria! Show your best tennis in Miami! ;)

The draw is much tougher than Indian Wells, will be proud if Maria goes deep!

Mashabator
Mar 22nd, 2012, 08:32 AM
Kill peer plz

gc-spurs
Mar 22nd, 2012, 09:31 AM
The draw is much tougher than Indian Wells, will be proud if Maria goes deep!

But watch it fall apart none the less :)

Steven.
Mar 22nd, 2012, 09:48 AM
I really hope Masha and Rena play in the semifinals :lol:

omg are you a masochist? :hysteric:

claypova
Mar 22nd, 2012, 09:50 AM
omg are you a masochist? :hysteric:

:rolls:

if she loses, at least its not against vika :tears:

Mistress of Evil
Mar 22nd, 2012, 11:26 AM
Annihilate her. :awww:

Lachy
Mar 22nd, 2012, 11:32 AM
Vamos! Masha.

pedropt
Mar 22nd, 2012, 11:46 AM
Let's go Maria! :cheer:

18majors
Mar 22nd, 2012, 12:27 PM
Hope Maria starts fast and maintains her sharpness in Miami. She started slow in Indian Wells against Vinci, Kirilenko, Ivanovic and Azarenka and eventually it caught up with her.

lefty24
Mar 22nd, 2012, 12:30 PM
No coverage on TTC so I can't commentate for you guys.
Scoreboard it is.
I sill can't over how the early round coverage is so bad.

madmax
Mar 22nd, 2012, 02:22 PM
not even a radio feed?:facepalm:

18majors
Mar 22nd, 2012, 03:42 PM
Mona Barthel is looming ahead; she has just bageled Jankovic.

18majors
Mar 22nd, 2012, 04:18 PM
Mona Barthel will be tough, she beat Jankovic 6-0 6-3.

Crux Squall
Mar 22nd, 2012, 04:36 PM
Good Luck Maria

18majors
Mar 22nd, 2012, 05:57 PM
Serena holds and leads 1-0. This will be a quick one and Maria will be on court in about one hour.

Advantage Me
Mar 22nd, 2012, 06:07 PM
Mona Barthel will be tough, she beat Jankovic 6-0 6-3.

Yes, Mona Barthel will be a challenge for Maria if she gets to play her. Remember she gave Vika a scare at IW.

I agree that Maria should start the match with aggressive play. One of the clay court tournaments last year (can't remember which one..but she beat Sam in the final)she played such amazing tennis because she was aggressive from the start.

~MashyOwnThemAll
Mar 22nd, 2012, 06:13 PM
it is very difficult, maybe Rome? :lol:

Trih
Mar 22nd, 2012, 06:16 PM
It was in Rome, best 'Pova' of 2011. :)

Reptilia
Mar 22nd, 2012, 06:19 PM
Good Luck Maria. I'll miss the match, not that we can watch it anyway, but still.

Advantage Me
Mar 22nd, 2012, 06:21 PM
It was in Rome, best 'Pova' of 2011. :)

Thanks, yeah! Rome!

Maria could be on in just over half an hour the way Serena is thrashing Shuai.

Tennisvampire
Mar 22nd, 2012, 07:36 PM
Well, she's starting her match against Peer, so I'll just wish her good luck, and hopefully we'll get another beatdown :lol: btw, I'm kind of worried about her possibly playing Barthel, that girl is on fire :rolleyes: She managed to bagel Jelena :o Not that it's an incredible achievement, the way JJ has been playing lately... God, Jelena, will you ever get your game a to a decent level for more than one tournament again? :facepalm: Anyway, I'm hoping for a good run here in Miami. Let's do this Maria :cheer:

Steven.
Mar 22nd, 2012, 08:22 PM
what's with Maria lately? Her ROS has been god awful and serve and grounstrokes (presumably) all suck as well. Has she passed her 2nd career's peak and will never make another slam final?

if Maria loses today, just fucking kill me. all my faves are basically out. :facepalm:

MM_1257
Mar 22nd, 2012, 10:00 PM
:unsure: :scared: :hysteric:

Mistress of Evil
Mar 22nd, 2012, 10:01 PM
This would be good :drool:

18majors
Mar 22nd, 2012, 10:03 PM
Maria lives to play another match on TV, it isn't pretty today.

Errani and Stephens are 2-2 in 3rd set, either could be Maria's R3 opponent.

JoPova
Mar 22nd, 2012, 10:11 PM
I'm really looking forward to reading what she has to say about this match in the interview!

MM_1257
Mar 22nd, 2012, 10:12 PM
Jechijo, I doubt she will say much. She never reveals many thigs, if they keep digging, she will be bitchy.

18majors
Mar 22nd, 2012, 10:16 PM
I'm really looking forward to reading what she has to say about this match in the interview!

Maria probably feels good about the match, basically she won 6-3 6-3 the last 2 sets.

JoPova
Mar 22nd, 2012, 10:16 PM
Jechijo, I doubt she will say much. She never reveals many thigs, if they keep digging, she will be bitchy.

I just hope that if she's having some physical problems she'll reveal them, so that we can understand a little bit more about this mess of a match! Maybe it was just a bad day and we are all getting worried for nothing serious really!

18majors
Mar 22nd, 2012, 10:17 PM
Sloane Stephens is up a break leading 4-3 in the 3rd set.

MM_1257
Mar 22nd, 2012, 10:20 PM
Sloane Stephens can be very dangerous. I am afraid this tournament is so USO-like. :hysteric:
I strongly doubt she would reveal any kind of physical problems, even if she had them. I still think she presented the ankle injury in a much softer version than it really was.

JoPova
Mar 22nd, 2012, 10:21 PM
Sara broke back! :cheer:

pedropt
Mar 22nd, 2012, 10:22 PM
http://i.imgur.com/Npmt9.jpg

:lol:

MM_1257
Mar 22nd, 2012, 10:24 PM
She wanted to show us her teeth in the end. BTW have you guys read the Russian Elle interview? It is PURE LOVE! I adore Maria when she speaks to the Russian press. Well, there she revelaed she was afraid of dentists. :p

MS17
Mar 22nd, 2012, 10:26 PM
maybe she took the risk on her serve this time and didnt use the base on it unlike IW !

6-0 > Bagel to Peer now ;)

18majors
Mar 22nd, 2012, 10:28 PM
5-5 3rd set, Errani and Stephens.

Charlatan
Mar 22nd, 2012, 10:31 PM
that celebration pic :awww: well, at least, she is doing some fight out there alone while all of us are just whining and insulting her multiple times on internet :p good to see the pic, though
anyway, i hope she gives a walkover next round if she doesn't feel ok

JoPova
Mar 22nd, 2012, 10:32 PM
that celebration pic :awww: well, at least, she is doing some fight out there alone while all of us are just whining and insulting her multiple times on internet :p good to see the pic, though
anyway, i hope she gives a walkover next round if she doesn't feel ok

We whine and insult her sometimes, but we all love her and will support her until the end! :hearts:

~MashyOwnThemAll
Mar 22nd, 2012, 10:34 PM
We whine and insult her sometimes, but we all love her and will support her until the end! :hearts:

this!!!! :bounce:

Advantage Me
Mar 22nd, 2012, 10:36 PM
She wanted to show us her teeth in the end. BTW have you guys read the Russian Elle interview? It is PURE LOVE! I adore Maria when she speaks to the Russian press. Well, there she revelaed she was afraid of dentists. :p

I would love to read the Russian interview. Do you have a link?

Love that photo of Maria looking ecstatic after winning. I was following the match on twitter and live scores. She served 11 DFs!! Mind you she also served 6 aces which is quite unusual of late for Maria. I somehow knew Maria will take the next 2 sets once she lost the first as that is not uncommon when she plays the first round. She just loves drama and to give us heart attacks. Let's hope the next match will be a 2 setter. :)

~MashyOwnThemAll
Mar 22nd, 2012, 10:37 PM
http://i.imgur.com/Npmt9.jpg

:lol:

:sobbing: omfg :hearts: :hearts: :worship:

Need HQ asap!!! :banana:

JoPova
Mar 22nd, 2012, 10:38 PM
Sloane Stephens next! I'm quite worried about this match, especially after today's performance!

18majors
Mar 22nd, 2012, 10:39 PM
It's Sloane Stephens, she is as error prone as Maria.

Craig.
Mar 22nd, 2012, 10:39 PM
My fighter :hearts:

MM_1257
Mar 22nd, 2012, 10:46 PM
YES!It is gonna be a tough match. I expect a 3 setter. I have links to scans of that Russian Elle, in Russian, but also a translation that jelenacg posted on twitter is available. Gonna post it in the Articles thread.

perseus2006
Mar 22nd, 2012, 10:46 PM
No.

Trih
Mar 22nd, 2012, 10:48 PM
I only followed a few points from the end of the first set, I'm proud she fought through. :rocker2:
I've never seen Sloane Stephens play, how is she?

Cherry.
Mar 22nd, 2012, 10:50 PM
So Sloane Stephens next.
Meh, I was hoping for an Errani win. Masha always struggles against teenagers. :o

JoPova
Mar 22nd, 2012, 10:50 PM
I only followed a few points from the end of the first set, I'm proud she fought through. :rocker2:

I remember watching a part of her match against Ana at the USO, but I don't remember a thing about it! :lol:

18majors
Mar 22nd, 2012, 10:52 PM

Stephens hits a lot of winners and UE's, much like Maria. She is also young and fearless.

JamieOwen3
Mar 22nd, 2012, 10:53 PM
Lord lord lord lord lord! Flush that match down the shitter. Do some routine Slaying next match PLEASE.

Kitten63
Mar 22nd, 2012, 11:01 PM
That was bad :lol:

madmax
Mar 22nd, 2012, 11:07 PM
a teenager up next?:devil:
Oh well, another mandatory 3-setter on the cards then:cheer:

Cherry.
Mar 22nd, 2012, 11:11 PM
a teenager up next?:devil:
Oh well, another mandatory 3-setter on the cards then:cheer:Yup. It's NID. She just has a phobia of playing against teenagers on home soil. :help:

Charlatan
Mar 22nd, 2012, 11:12 PM
Yup. It's NID. She just has a phobia of playing against teenagers on home soil. :help:

oudin :o

18majors
Mar 22nd, 2012, 11:12 PM
At least Maria's next match will be on TV and we can decide whether she will go deep again.

Cherry.
Mar 22nd, 2012, 11:19 PM
oudin :o
Not only Oudin. She struggles almost every time she gets a teenager on home soil. Last year, RG-Garcia, WIM-Robson, USO-Watson(well not on home soil but still a teenager).

18majors
Mar 22nd, 2012, 11:41 PM
I'll take today's match over last year's QF 3-6 7-6 7-6 win over Dulgheru.

Crux Squall
Mar 22nd, 2012, 11:42 PM
The second set of the Clijsters match lasted over an hour and saw nine of 12 games go against the server. "With these weather conditions it's tough serving," Clijsters said. "I don't think there's anybody who plays a whole tournament with perfect tennis, so you have to try and battle through, and find the solutions when you're not playing your best. Mentally, that's one of the biggest focuses I have when I step out on the court here in Miami, where it can get very windy.

Maybe It was a windy day :o

dsanders06
Mar 22nd, 2012, 11:56 PM
Next match should be a lot easier I think :shrug: Stephens is a much more comfortable match-up than Peer. She doesn't move well at all, and although she's relatively powerful she's not as powerful as Maria.

Tbh, today's match actually didn't change my expectations for this tournament :shrug: I still fully expect her to get to the QFs (I really don't see that this Barthel girl is that great - even if she gives Maria a test, I think she'd scramble through in 3), though if she gets Li there I'm taking nothing for granted.

Trih
Mar 23rd, 2012, 12:14 AM
Let's just hope the wind won't be a problem. :help:

MS17
Mar 23rd, 2012, 12:39 AM
Sharapova said she enjoyed finding a way to beat Peer.
"She's a pretty tough opponent, especially for a first round. She's somebody you're usually seeing as a seed in these events," Sharapova said. "She makes you hit so many balls, it's a physically tough match against her."
"I shouldn't have gone to 4-3, obviously," Sharapova said. "It's a matter of going back to what helped you get to that situation, being up 4-0, what helped you break her. It's very up-and-down, for sure, in these types of a match, but you're more satisfied to pull through."

claypova
Mar 23rd, 2012, 05:55 AM
omg im scared of Barthel :sobbing:

i really didnt expect a 3 set win today, please play better Maria!

doomsday
Mar 23rd, 2012, 06:44 AM
Let's just hope the wind won't be a problem. :help:

How could it not be a problem with Maria ?:lol:
Anyway it was her very first match so I'll give her a pass but she better step it up and i want to see her against Barthel and Li.

Mashabator
Mar 23rd, 2012, 08:04 AM
Is there going to be a stream for her match against barthel

Cherry.
Mar 23rd, 2012, 10:10 AM
Is there going to be a stream for her match against barthelBoth she and Barthel need to win one more match before they can play each other. :lol:
Masha plays Stephens next.

Advantage Me
Mar 23rd, 2012, 12:17 PM
Maria's matches are very erratic. You never know what to expect from one to the next. She could struggle one match and then next round she would bagel her opponent. I get very nervous watching her play. Sometimes I stop watching when she's losing and then I get a pleasant surprise when she won. I will then watch her on youtube or my recorded programs. That way I don't use up so much nervous energy. We tend to make excuses for her. I know I do. It's the wind. She's not playing her best. Too many UEs. Her foot is troubling her. We can go on but at the end she manages to get to the final. I know Maria has it in her to beat ANYONE. If only she can keep it up and play consistently.

Next round, new opponent, hopefully better match than last one.

Trih
Mar 23rd, 2012, 12:34 PM
How could it not be a problem with Maria ?:lol:
Anyway it was her very first match so I'll give her a pass but she better step it up and i want to see her against Barthel and Li.

Yeah I meant I hope there will be no wind. :lol:

Mashabator
Mar 23rd, 2012, 12:48 PM
Both she and Barthel need to win one more match before they can play each other. :lol:
Masha plays Stephens next.

Oh :oh:
Awkward, i assumed they were playing next as everyone is saying when she plays barthel. I dont wanna look @ the draw cos i wanna take this 1 match at a time and have no expectations :o

So no stream for Masha vs Stephens?

slamchamp
Mar 23rd, 2012, 02:11 PM
I also thought she was playing barthel next:lol: Good that it's Stephens first:p

JoPova
Mar 23rd, 2012, 05:04 PM
I don't think we have to worry that much about those DFs. Many players are struggling with the conditions. Kanepi made 11 DFs, Vera 10, both in 2 sets. Maria made 7 DFs in the first set, but just 4 in the other 2. I'm trying to stay positive for the next match! :lol:

18majors
Mar 23rd, 2012, 06:40 PM
Krajicek held her first service game against Azarenka, hope Maria is watching.

Rerun
Mar 23rd, 2012, 07:05 PM
I think we might wait till the clay season to see her holding a throphy

and not because shes better in that, but because the others suck

dog days are over but not completely

heelsrule1988
Mar 23rd, 2012, 08:53 PM
Maria's fourth on court tomorrow... I'm thinking sometime around 5PM. Should be a little interesting, as she's up against one of our up-and-coming young talents.

Trih
Mar 23rd, 2012, 10:06 PM
And Eurosport coverage starts on sunday, how great!?

Steven.
Mar 24th, 2012, 02:09 AM
I know this isn't related to Maria, but Venus just killed Kvitova. bagel in the third set :drool: hope she gets far enough to challenge and hopefully take out Vulture and Vika for us too. :drool:

Trih
Mar 24th, 2012, 02:34 AM
Venus :bowdown:

Craig.
Mar 24th, 2012, 03:09 AM
So damn proud :sobbing: GM's a hot ass mess though :facepalm:

atominside
Mar 24th, 2012, 03:11 AM
Dont you find it odd that ana ivanovic's lower back, that had her in tears in seemingly excruciating pain and made her retire vs maria, is seemingly painfree in miami right now? :rolleyes:

Cherry.
Mar 24th, 2012, 03:23 AM
Dont you find it odd that ana ivanovic's lower back, that had her in tears in seemingly excruciating pain and made her retire vs maria, is seemingly painfree in miami right now? :rolleyes::lol: She always has this kind of problems. Plays 2 or 3 good matches in a row with people shouting "she's back!!!111!!11" then retires with some mysterious injuries in the next match. '10 Cincy vs Kim, '11 Beijing vs Aga, last week vs Masha.

doomsday
Mar 24th, 2012, 07:48 AM
Dont you find it odd that ana ivanovic's lower back, that had her in tears in seemingly excruciating pain and made her retire vs maria, is seemingly painfree in miami right now? :rolleyes:

She is ridiculous, maria was going to beat up on her and she knows it.

doomsday
Mar 24th, 2012, 07:50 AM
So when do we get to see matches? We already missed a great battle between petra and Venus i'm really sick of Miami sometimes :rolleyes:

JoPova
Mar 24th, 2012, 12:32 PM
I'm glad Venus won, even though I support Petra! :cheer: Let's hope this tournament will be a good one for the "old generation", Maria included obviously! ;)

jameshazza
Mar 24th, 2012, 12:53 PM
Yes I really want to see Maria play Serena/Clijsters after them two having played each other. And I sort of want Venus to make the final so that there'll have been three 'old gen' matches this tournament.

~MashyOwnThemAll
Mar 24th, 2012, 12:59 PM
Venus :bowdown:

:hearts:

JamieOwen3
Mar 24th, 2012, 01:42 PM
Been having so much fun in that GM results thread. People are so viciously Pressed. :lol:

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lo6u8hNeEf1qjxbu8.gif

Slampova
Mar 24th, 2012, 02:50 PM
Good luck today Maria :hearts:

rucolo
Mar 24th, 2012, 02:56 PM
11 DFs :o Lost a set to Peer :help: But Maria won and Head To Head now 6-0 ! :cheer:

Stephens hits the ball really hard and deep. But impossible for Maria to lose this I guess :unsure:

18majors
Mar 24th, 2012, 03:09 PM
11 DFs :o Lost a set to Peer :help: But Maria won and Head To Head now 6-0 ! :cheer:

Stephens hits the ball really hard and deep. But impossible for Maria to lose this I guess :unsure:

Everything is possible but you're right it's a good match-up for Maria.

Craig.
Mar 24th, 2012, 03:23 PM
Stephens is a power player? Maria's got this :rocker2: Hopefully it'll just be a case of ''everything you can do, I can do better'' and Maria will get this done in two quick sets.

18majors
Mar 24th, 2012, 03:25 PM
The Tennis Channel is showing Serena-Vince match right now and will show Maria later on. Vinci is putting up a good fight.

18majors
Mar 24th, 2012, 03:36 PM
Makarova is 4-0 up on the highly touted Barthel.

~MashyOwnThemAll
Mar 24th, 2012, 03:50 PM
Stephens is a power player? Maria's got this :rocker2: Hopefully it'll just be a case of ''everything you can do, I can do better'' and Maria will get this done in two quick sets.

Nick's Picks For Day 6

[2] Maria Sharapova vs. [Q] Sloane Stephens
Sloane is a fantastic natural athlete. She’s still very young but you can tell she’s growing up on the court. Before she was good for a few points, but now she is putting it all together. She qualified to get in the draw here and she held her composure through a rough match on Thursday against the good Italian, Errani. Against Sharapova, Sloane has to just go for it. The problem is that Sharapova is one of the most mentally tough players in the history of the game. And she knows how to come forward and punish with those flat, heavy groundstrokes. Sloane will give everything she’s got, but Sharapova will be all business.

NICK’S PICK: Sharapova in 2 sets

:bounce:

dsanders06
Mar 24th, 2012, 04:29 PM
I knew this Barthel girl was grossly overrated....Makarova's about to beat her. And people in GM were calling her the "real #2" the other day :happy:

~MashyOwnThemAll
Mar 24th, 2012, 04:30 PM
Serena won in two, Makarova won in two too against Barthel.

:oh:

~MashyOwnThemAll
Mar 24th, 2012, 04:31 PM
I knew this Barthel girl was grossly overrated....Makarova's about to beat her. And people in GM were calling her the "real #2" the other day :happy:

:weirdo:

idiots... :facepalm: :tape:

18majors
Mar 24th, 2012, 04:34 PM
Good luck Maria on R3 today!

hobahobaspirit
Mar 24th, 2012, 06:42 PM
I just started watching some men matches and these courts are even fucking slower than last year :help:

18majors
Mar 24th, 2012, 07:00 PM
Federer is making it easy, Maria will be on court in less than an hour.

doomsday
Mar 24th, 2012, 07:12 PM
I just started watching some men matches and these courts are even fucking slower than last year :help:

Seriously?:help: Sth needs to be done and quickly we're sick of those clay events in blue color :o

doooma6816
Mar 24th, 2012, 07:28 PM

:tape:

~MashyOwnThemAll
Mar 24th, 2012, 07:41 PM
lame federer... fml :facepalm:

jameshazza
Mar 24th, 2012, 08:00 PM
I don't why Barthel is so hyped, cus she was up on Azarenka in an apparent shitfest. Oh yes and managed to be convincingly hammered by Azarenka in another two R2s :rolleyes:

Craig.
Mar 24th, 2012, 08:01 PM
Roger just finished. Masha on court soon.

jameshazza
Mar 24th, 2012, 08:02 PM
:cheer: Masha on court soon, wonder what she'll look like on the live scoreboard :o

goldlion
Mar 24th, 2012, 09:05 PM
IS there any link for Maria's match? I can't find it on livescorehunter

18majors
Mar 24th, 2012, 09:57 PM
Maria powered through in 2 straight sets, will play Makarova in R4.

~MashyOwnThemAll
Mar 24th, 2012, 09:57 PM
Good luck! :spit:

Kitten63
Mar 24th, 2012, 10:09 PM
Easier than her first match but the double faults are worrying.

Charlatan
Mar 24th, 2012, 10:13 PM
she hit like 7 DFs in this match..i don't understand how the DFpova suddenly comes back in miami after her goat 2nd serves in AO and IW :unsure: may be still the wind effect :shrug: anyway, onto the next round :cheer:

lefty24
Mar 24th, 2012, 10:30 PM
she hit like 7 DFs in this match..i don't understand how the DFpova suddenly comes back in miami after her goat 2nd serves in AO and IW :unsure: may be still the wind effect :shrug: anyway, onto the next round :cheer:

It was more mental DF's as the wind was not that bad.

dsanders06
Mar 24th, 2012, 10:30 PM
Hey guys, what if she wins the title by beating Li, Serena and Azarenka, all 3 of her recent bogeymen, all in a row? :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: </dreaming>

18majors
Mar 24th, 2012, 10:33 PM
Hey guys, what if she wins the title by beating Li, Serena and Azarenka, all 3 of her recent bogeymen, all in a row? :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: </dreaming>

It's unlikely but one can always hope!

jameshazza
Mar 24th, 2012, 10:40 PM
Lefty24 what were the groundies like, I think we're reading into things too much, a lot of players have been struggling with serve so far in Miami.

Anyways I'd rather she gradually improved rather than gradually declined in quality.

MM_1257
Mar 24th, 2012, 11:10 PM
I am scared of the next round. If she somehow manages to get through it, the QF is gonna be difficult, very very very difficult.

nelsondan
Mar 24th, 2012, 11:40 PM

There was a key game...Maria had a 2-0 lead, then it was 2-1, Maria serving. It was exasperating to see her serve two double faults in a row, to make things back on serve, and also double fault again, just to make sure she lost the game....except....somehow, she was able to play around all that and take the 3-1 lead in the first set.

So if she had four other dfs, maybe more, I am not sure she had only 7 for the day, those four are still too many.....but we have seen worse. Much worse. She was winning an unbelievable number of her second serves.

She did not melt down from double faulting...which we saw too many times in the past.

claypova
Mar 24th, 2012, 11:57 PM
Masha should breeze past Makarova :lol:

who are her potential matchups for the QF?

Craig.
Mar 24th, 2012, 11:59 PM
Masha should breeze past Makarova :lol:

who are her potential matchups for the QF?

Li or Lisicki. In either case, prepare for a Sharapova Special as James calls it.

claypova
Mar 25th, 2012, 12:01 AM
Li or Lisicki. In either case, prepare for a Sharapova Special as James calls it.

LI?! oh no .... :sad:

Advantage Me
Mar 25th, 2012, 12:02 AM
She can afford to DF against lower ranked players and still win but NOT against players like Serena or Vika or even Li. Maria really needs to step up from next round onwards as Makarova can be a great threat to get her revenge.

Craig.
Mar 25th, 2012, 12:03 AM
Yes :o

A win over Li who's had her number for a few years now would do wonders for her confidence. The match is in her hands tbh, cuz every one of those losses is due to Maria's shitty ass play :shrug:

Trih
Mar 25th, 2012, 12:09 AM
Oh, glad she won without drama even if I couldn't follow the match too much on the scoreboard. :hearts:

s teddy
Mar 25th, 2012, 12:28 AM
I don't understand why you guys are so worried about Maria's serve*. Yes, she hit seven double faults in the match, but all but one of them were in the first set. The fact that she was able to rein in the double faults is a positive sign, in my opinion.

*except for the obvious reason, which is that we're diehard fans who obsess over every little thing wrong with her

Trih
Mar 25th, 2012, 12:33 AM
I don't understand why you guys are so worried about Maria's serve*. Yes, she hit seven double faults in the match, but all but one of them were in the first set. The fact that she was able to rein in the double faults is a positive sign, in my opinion.

*except for the obvious reason, which is that we're diehard fans who obsess over every little thing wrong with her

I approve, her serve is by far the thing she has most improved since last year. :)

Talking about others for a moment: WICKMAYER BEAT KIM!?!?!? :eek::eek::eek: :crying2:

jameshazza
Mar 25th, 2012, 12:47 AM
Kim was just :o

Now there can only be two potential 'old gen' clashes.... *Watches as draw falls apart* :rolleyes:

Steven.
Mar 25th, 2012, 03:45 AM
yay masha :) Katya next right? Should be routine...

and kim :facepalm: I wanted her and Masha to play each other.

doooma6816
Mar 25th, 2012, 03:51 AM
yay masha :) Katya next right? Should be routine...

and kim :facepalm: I wanted her and Masha to play each other.

this so much:tape::(
I hope she'll face Li in Qf...she needs to get win over her finally.

Steven.
Mar 25th, 2012, 04:32 AM
from the livescoring thread:

Volley drop shot from Mariathat Sloan couldn't get to.
Those last couple of points. We're a lot better from Maria.

:worship: I want to see it. Do you recall if it was a good drop volley though?

Shes playing more aggresvly and picking in Sloans backhand.

We need her to play aggressively against everyone and push forward to the net when she can. We haven't seen to much of this since recently. :facepalm: Hogstedt what are you doing? :rolleyes:

Makarova next :unsure:

Masha will beat Makarova whether in a routine match or grinding it out, no worries.

does anyone have stats btw?

slamchamp
Mar 25th, 2012, 06:09 AM
can Maria play good since the beginning?:o What's that obsession of hers to start playing like crap:lol:

Cherry.
Mar 25th, 2012, 07:01 AM
can Maria play good since the beginning?:o What's that obsession of hers to start playing like crap:lol:She was off to a good start up till 4:1. :shrug:

Sasja
Mar 25th, 2012, 07:16 AM
Maria :)

So now the tournament starts, we finally have livestreams starting today :awww:
Repeat of the AO QF :cheer:

Andy.
Mar 25th, 2012, 08:46 AM
Didnt follow the match but apparently she was a little off. At least she got thru in straights and lives to fight another day. Best of luck in the next round.

Crux Squall
Mar 25th, 2012, 11:10 AM
18 DF in 2 match in Miami :o
How many DF She hit in 2012, before Miami ??

doomsday
Mar 25th, 2012, 11:31 AM
18 DF in 2 match in Miami :o
How many DF She hit in 2012, before Miami ??

She was really in control with her serve in Australia and even in Paris while she was clearly off.
She is probably going for more on her second serve because she knows she will have to against top players, but still there are some stupid DF who need to disappear.:o