PDA

View Full Version : GCB: Good Christian Bitches

VeeJJ
Mar 17th, 2012, 03:35 AM
LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEE this show :inlove:

Anyone else watch?

Mistress of Evil
Mar 17th, 2012, 10:37 AM
I did watched the two episode so far. Though, only now do I get what GCB means. :sobbing:
It is a cute and funny show.

AjdeNate!
Mar 17th, 2012, 04:29 PM
It's funny. I hope it finds it legs soon though or I worry it'll get axed.

Mary Cherry.
Mar 17th, 2012, 06:02 PM
It's Brooke McQueen :hysteric:

Ellen Dawson
Mar 18th, 2012, 01:32 PM
:hearts: the GCB with the dark hair (married to the gay guy). And so nice to see Marisol Nichols (Heather) in a light role for a change and looking very Eva Longoria, I might add. :yeah:

It's Brooke McQueen :hysteric:

:lol:

Hey I saw your girl MC on Drop Dead Diva last year. She's still working. :)

TheEmpress
Mar 18th, 2012, 01:54 PM
Watched the first two episode, and I don't know yet If I like it or not :lol:

LeRoy.
May 1st, 2012, 11:34 PM
I am loving the show thus far. Yeah, its not very well written but the actors more than make up for it. I am in love with Mark Deklin. Marry me Mark ? :hearts: :inlove: :drool:

http://img1.bdbphotos.com/images/orig/6/l/6l70y9x11mz0y0x6.jpg

http://malecelebbio.com/gallery/2012/03/Mark-Deklin-19.jpg

http://pureadrian.com/yahoo_site_admin/assets/images/delkin.166184805_std.jpg

shap_half
May 1st, 2012, 11:38 PM
Im enjoying it for the camp factor, but I have to say that this is one of the whitest shows currently on American TV. Is that really how Dallas is? Except for Heather and GG's maid, I don't remember seeing a single ethnic minority.

AjdeNate!
May 1st, 2012, 11:41 PM
Im enjoying it for the camp factor, but I have to say that this is one of the whitest shows currently on American TV. Is that really how Dallas is? Except for Heather and GG's maid, I don't remember seeing a single ethnic minority.

Dallas has a huge hispanic population, but we don't put a lot of brown folk on our TV shows here. :tape:

VeeJJ
May 1st, 2012, 11:41 PM
This show is fucking epic!!!! Sunday is the best night of the week. And Dallas is probably our Republican peak here in TX. Rich White Texans don't associate with minorities lol

LeRoy.
May 1st, 2012, 11:43 PM
Having a non-white character on a show just for the heck of it (or to appease a certain group of people) is extremely annoying. I am very happy with the casting/characters. I can't believe ABC has not renewed the show for another season yet. :eek:

LeRoy.
May 1st, 2012, 11:45 PM
With Desperate Housewives ending this month, I think GCB should take over the 9pm slot in the fall.

LeRoy.
May 1st, 2012, 11:47 PM
Isn't the Heather Cruz character and her new love interest supposed to be hispanic ?

LeRoy.
May 1st, 2012, 11:49 PM
I also have the hots for David James Elliott. He is 52 years old :eek: and so tall and tan. :drool: Hot daddy alert. :drool: http://handson.provocateuse.com/images/photos/david_james_elliott_03.jpg

Helen Lawson
May 1st, 2012, 11:51 PM
I can't get into it. Maybe I'll try it again.

Ellen Dawson
May 2nd, 2012, 12:04 AM
Heather is Hispanic and her Mom was the cafeteria lady when they were all in high school. I hate her lace fronts (she's so pretty so wtf?) and they have her looking so Longoriaesque. I'm not hatin'. :angel:

I can't get into it. Maybe I'll try it again.

After a strong debut ep, it's fallen off. Hel, Chenoweth is being totally upstaged by the chick who plays Cricket (major scenery chewer - you know the type.) ;)

VeeJJ
May 2nd, 2012, 12:08 AM
Gigi is sucha hoot! She's my fave after cricket.

Helen Lawson
May 2nd, 2012, 01:13 AM
Heather is Hispanic and her Mom was the cafeteria lady when they were all in high school. I hate her lace fronts (she's so pretty so wtf?) and they have her looking so Longoriaesque. I'm not hatin'. :angel:

After a strong debut ep, it's fallen off. Hel, Chenoweth is being totally upstaged by the chick who plays Cricket (major scenery chewer - you know the type.) ;)

I do! I stopped stealing scenes after Reap the Wild Wind.

I thought the pilot was only fair. I get tired of the potty-mouthed-practical-yet-rich drunk routine that Annie Potts plays with her one-liners, most of why I didn't give it another chance.:tape:

shap_half
May 2nd, 2012, 01:58 AM
Gigi is sucha hoot! She's my fave after cricket.

I love Cricket. She is my favorite, too. I loved that one scene where she was lipsynching to Carlene's song at church.

shap_half
May 2nd, 2012, 02:01 AM

I thought the pilot was only fair. I get tired of the potty-mouthed-practical-yet-rich drunk routine that Annie Potts plays with her one-liners, most of why I didn't give it another chance.:tape:

No one here is drunk.

Ellen Dawson
May 2nd, 2012, 02:30 AM

I know. :o Poor Annie Potts is still looking for Delta Burke and Jean Smart. :facepalm: And guess who's playing Annie's man on the show? Bruce Boxleitner.
It's the 80's again on GCB! :woohoo: They even had Donna Mills guest star a few weeks ago. :lol:

miffedmax
May 2nd, 2012, 03:02 AM
I think it's supposed to be based on the Dallas suburb of Highland Park (which is usually rolled together with its sister suburb of University Park) two "island" towns surrounded by Dallas.

I grew up in UP, and there are no minorities there, except for the help.

Growing up there is why I live in the ghetto now. I hated it with a violent passion.

Helen Lawson
May 2nd, 2012, 09:27 AM
I know. :o Poor Annie Potts is still looking for Delta Burke and Jean Smart. :facepalm: And guess who's playing Annie's man on the show? Bruce Boxleitner.
It's the 80's again on GCB! :woohoo: They even had Donna Mills guest star a few weeks ago. :lol:

LMAO!! Where is Meredith Baxter??

Helen Lawson
May 2nd, 2012, 09:28 AM
No one here is drunk.

In the pilot, Annie Potts was boozing it up in broad daylight.

Ellen Dawson
May 3rd, 2012, 12:07 AM
LMAO!! Where is Meredith Baxter??

Still on her coming out tour. ;) Cybill Shepherd, OTOH, is collecting a paycheck as Jennifer Love Hewitt's mom on The Client List. C'mon, Hel, she's gotta pay her SAG dues. :p

Helen Lawson
May 3rd, 2012, 12:09 AM
Still on her coming out tour. ;) Cybill Shepherd, OTOH, is collecting a paycheck as Jennifer Love Hewitt's mom on The Client List. C'mon, Hel, she's gotta pay her SAG dues. :p

You have to really love the Enquirer to have a plant on that Olivia cruise.

Ellen Dawson
May 3rd, 2012, 03:30 AM
You have to really love the Enquirer to have a plant on that Olivia cruise.

MB was on Wendy today and spoke about the cruise. She said The Enquirer more or less forced her out and how it resulted in her coming out on the Today show. Hel, I don't know if you've seen her in recent interviews but MB is wounded (tons of emo scars). I give her props for turning it around.

VeeJJ
May 3rd, 2012, 05:43 AM
I love Cricket. She is my favorite, too. I loved that one scene where she was lipsynching to Carlene's song at church.
Omg I died :roll: "YOU, AND YOU, AND YOUANDYOUANDYOUANDYOU!!!"

Helen Lawson
May 3rd, 2012, 11:14 AM
MB was on Wendy today and spoke about the cruise. She said The Enquirer more or less forced her out and how it resulted in her coming out on the Today show. Hel, I don't know if you've seen her in recent interviews but MB is wounded (tons of emo scars). I give her props for turning it around.

She really did turn it around, the marriage to Birney sounded awful, and then to figure out you're gay at like 55, can't be easy.

She kicked it as Betty Broderick, I still watch those movies when they come on. Those movies made Lifetime!

LeRoy.
May 7th, 2012, 03:55 AM
Worst last episode ever ?

I don't think they are coming back for a second season. That felt like a goodbye episode (just not a good one).

:wavey:

In The Zone
May 7th, 2012, 05:42 AM
GCB is going to be renewed. ;)

LeRoy.
May 12th, 2012, 08:36 PM
GCB cancelled. :(

http://www.deadline.com/2012/05/abcs-scandal-renewed-for-second-season/#utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Helen Lawson
May 12th, 2012, 08:42 PM
RIP
Pan Am RIP also.