PDA

View Full Version : Miami 2012

Mojobackhand
Mar 16th, 2012, 03:32 PM
Time to look ahead, you guys! Let's hope for a long and joyful Miami thread!!!:bounce:

Lisickifan84
Mar 16th, 2012, 03:58 PM
Time to look ahead, you guys! Let's hope for a long and joyful Miami thread!!!:bounce:

Yes, Let's be optimistic :bounce:

When is the Draw ceremony?

Mojobackhand
Mar 16th, 2012, 04:41 PM
Yes, Let's be optimistic :bounce:

When is the Draw ceremony?
MD ceremony is Monday at 11.30am.

Ziva
Mar 16th, 2012, 07:30 PM
not sure what i should hope for this time, easy first opponent of course, but maybe not to easy, actually it doesn't matter that much, because she decides who wins or loses that first match, not the opponent.

Geekking
Mar 17th, 2012, 08:54 AM
This time I hope she plays her real tennis. This is the only thing that I can wish for her. Easy draw is not the solution :p

Ian Aberdon
Mar 17th, 2012, 12:00 PM
Please Sabs, find your form again.

18majors
Mar 17th, 2012, 12:07 PM
Sabine is due for a big tournament, like SF or better.

moviemac
Mar 17th, 2012, 06:27 PM
Let's hope she makes it to tv matches first. Coverage is as crappy as IW. No WTA matches on tv/stream before R3. :mad:
Any news on Sabine? She hasn't tweeted in a week. I guess she has been in Florida for some time now!?

Mashabator
Mar 18th, 2012, 03:02 AM
Lets hope for a good tourny for sabs :)

everythingtaboo
Mar 18th, 2012, 10:19 AM
I'm so scared she's gonna draw Kim in R2 or something. I want my two faves to play each other at some point... but not this early in a tournament. :tape:

Michael!
Mar 19th, 2012, 06:30 PM
Sabine will play Arvidsson or Dulko in 2nd round of Miami!
I guess it will be Arvidsson but u never know, 3rd round probably against Peng!

Well, can´t complain here again, has to blame herself if she fails again!

Jimmie48
Mar 19th, 2012, 06:38 PM
Could have been a lot worse, if she can pull herself together she could go quite far. Arvidsson isn't bad but she couldn't even close the match against Caro so she's not exactly mentally strong.

jasonwright25
Mar 19th, 2012, 06:42 PM
Could have been a lot worse, if she can pull herself together she could go quite far. Arvidsson isn't bad but she couldn't even close the match against Caro so she's not exactly mentally strong.

Couldn't be any better, IMO. Should win her first two matches regardless of opponent. Round of 16 she gets Li Na. The only better option would have been drawing Wozniacki.

CillyUltra
Mar 19th, 2012, 06:44 PM
Miami draw:

Na Li v Bye
Alberta Brianti v Qualifier
Elena Vesnina v Iveta Benesova
Bye v Svetlana Kuznetsova

Shuai Peng v Bye
Olivia Rogowska v Qualifier
Gisela Dulko v Sofia Arvidsson
Bye v Sabine Lisicki

MissWeHo
Mar 19th, 2012, 07:01 PM
Peng is a very good player, don't underestimate her. She can be a potential threat.

Sofia has been playing well lately too. She isn't the easiest first opponent Sabine could have but it might be better this way. Sabine knows she has to give her best straight from the very beginning.

Michael!
Mar 19th, 2012, 07:06 PM
Peng is a good player, indeed, but she has some health problems and wasn´t impressive at all this year.
Anyway, every player can be a potential threat for Sabine as she just can beat herself anytime, so predictions are pretty tough anyway , but It´s pretty safe to say that Sabine will reach 4th round if she plays well but that is a big If :lol:

maturedgirl
Mar 19th, 2012, 08:29 PM
Like her draw :dance:

check ys. Bine and make a quartertinal in Miami :devil:

Mike81
Mar 19th, 2012, 11:23 PM
Well I'm not jinxing Bine again by saying she surely can't lose her 1st match. I just hope the real Bine shows up to Miami.

everythingtaboo
Mar 20th, 2012, 05:07 PM
Miami draw:

Na Li v Bye
Alberta Brianti v Qualifier
Elena Vesnina v Iveta Benesova
Bye v Svetlana Kuznetsova

Shuai Peng v Bye
Olivia Rogowska v Qualifier
Gisela Dulko v Sofia Arvidsson
Bye v Sabine Lisicki

I hope she gets far enough to kick Sveta's arse again. :drool:

maturedgirl
Mar 20th, 2012, 06:06 PM
I hope she gets far enough to kick Sveta's arse again. :drool:

would like to see this, but :rolleyes: not sure if Sveta gets far enough to cross her way :devil:

Ian Aberdon
Mar 20th, 2012, 09:10 PM
Does anyone actually know what Sveta was blabbering on about in Oz when she was unhappy with Sabs?

Ziva
Mar 20th, 2012, 10:41 PM
Does anyone actually know what Sveta was blabbering on about in Oz when she was unhappy with Sabs?

dunno, they only played twice, so it probably wasn't because of big on court rivality.
Who knows could be anything, though it's hard to understand how you can not like Sabine, at least from the outside, maybe she's much more badass away from cameras.

Mojobackhand
Mar 20th, 2012, 11:27 PM

dunno, they only played twice, so it probably wasn't because of big on court rivality.
Who knows could be anything, though it's hard to understand how you can not like Sabine, at least from the outside, maybe she's much more badass away from cameras.

Wasn't it about the "handshake" after the 3rd round match? I saw Sabine talked to the chair ump after they had shaken hands. I wondered if she was complaining maybe about Sveta's "handshake".... :confused:

Ziva
Mar 20th, 2012, 11:38 PM
Wasn't it about the "handshake" after the 3rd round match? I saw Sabine talked to the chair ump after they had shaken hands. I wondered if she was complaining maybe about Sveta's "handshake".... :confused:

sveta told later, when asked about the handshake, that there has happened something between them, it didn't sound like she meant during that particulary match, she added that this will stay between them, and the tone she said that was kind of telling that there must be some bigger fight going on between those two off the courts.
Who knows

everythingtaboo
Mar 21st, 2012, 06:57 AM
sveta told later, when asked about the handshake, that there has happened something between them, it didn't sound like she meant during that particulary match, she added that this will stay between them, and the tone she said that was kind of telling that there must be some bigger fight going on between those two off the courts.
Who knows

Sveta's probably bitter cause Sabine owns her. Simple as. :lol:

Michael!
Mar 21st, 2012, 05:44 PM
Sabine will play Arvidsson on Friday!
Arvidsson beat Dulko 64 75, but stats aren´t really impressive, tons of breaks in that match, Sabine really should win this match, another first round defeat against an average player would be really....:shrug:
Good luck!!

Lisickifan84
Mar 21st, 2012, 06:33 PM
Yes she has to win her match, no matter how. We know that she can do it. I'm optimistic :cool:

maturedgirl
Mar 21st, 2012, 06:59 PM
she must reach third or fourth round cause I like to see her on court running and hitting balls live and happy again finally :angel:

everythingtaboo
Mar 21st, 2012, 10:23 PM
she must reach third or fourth round cause I like to see her on court running and hitting balls live and happy again finally :angel:

She has 3rd round points to defend. I know it's not much but it's the first amount of points she has to defend this year. I think Stuttgart must be next?

Lisickifan84
Mar 21st, 2012, 11:23 PM
She has 3rd round points to defend. I know it's not much but it's the first amount of points she has to defend this year. I think Stuttgart must be next?

It's only one victory to defend Miami 2011, but yes, at that moment we don't know how she will play. If she can win 2 matches in a row, Miami 2012 points = Miami 2011 + Charleston 2011 points. So do it Sabine! :bounce:

Miami: 80 pts.
Charleston: 60 pts.
Stuttgart: 120 pts.

Ziva
Mar 21st, 2012, 11:31 PM
It's only one victory to defend Miami 2011, but yes, at that moment we don't know how she will play. If she can win 2 matches in a row, Miami 2012 points = Miami 2011 + Charleston 2011 points. So do it Sabine! :bounce:

Miami: 80 pts.
Charleston: 60 pts.
Stuttgart: 120 pts.

One step at a time, tomorrow is all that matters for now, Arvidsson is not that bad, Sabine will need to get her first serve working.

Lisickifan84
Mar 21st, 2012, 11:40 PM
One step at a time, tomorrow is all that matters for now, Arvidsson is not that bad, Sabine will need to get her first serve working.

I have not written anything else. Of course step by step but as a fan I can look a bit more in the future. She has to concentrate only on her first match, that's true. But let's be honest, just one victory wouldn't help at all :shrug:

hankmoody
Mar 22nd, 2012, 12:28 AM
Good luck tomorrow!:bounce: Defend your 2011 points!!! (and more)
Bine can do it!!:D

@lisickifan84`s avatar: Wir sehen uns am 12.05.:devil:

cosmoose
Mar 22nd, 2012, 02:29 PM
So Sabine plays Sofia Arvidsson.
The way Sabine has been playing lately and the way Sofia has been playing lately, I might give the edge to Sofia.
Of course, this would be an easy win for Sabine under normal circumstances....I want normal back!!!

18majors
Mar 22nd, 2012, 02:45 PM
Good luck Sabine, win this match.

Vikapower
Mar 22nd, 2012, 04:18 PM
So Sabine plays Sofia Arvidsson.
The way Sabine has been playing lately and the way Sofia has been playing lately, I might give the edge to Sofia.
Of course, this would be an easy win for Sabine under normal circumstances....I want normal back!!!

Yeah, really not an easy match for Sabine this early and especially in her type of form -- :shrug: but like you said should she come in good form then she would really get/take the win pretty easily.

Unfortunately Sabine has not been 'normal' for a while now so we'll see. I see her winning in 3 tight.

maturedgirl
Mar 22nd, 2012, 04:29 PM
Just came back from running (geiles weather) and what a wonderful intermediate result 4:0 :lol:

and two breakpoints warded - Go on babe :woohoo:

already 2 aces and 4 dfs :)

Lisickifan84
Mar 22nd, 2012, 04:37 PM
Yeah, really not an easy match for Sabine this early and especially in her type of form -- :shrug: but like you said should she come in good form then she would really get/take the win pretty easily.

Unfortunately Sabine has not been 'normal' for a while now so we'll see. I see her winning in 3 tight.

Hm she won vs. Benesova. That was also pressure not to loose 2 times in a row against her, I guess. After that Aga distroyed her and that realy bad match vs. Lino was her last match. She can do it today and I believe in her :bounce:

Unfortunately I have to go now so I can't follow the livescore. (Or maybe it's better? Livescore alone, that sucks!)

So good luck Sabine and please, to all of you, write something good in the livescore-thread, so I can read it afterwards and be happy. :worship:

Just came back from running (geiles weather) and what a wonderful intermediate result 4:0 :lol:

and two breakpoints warded - Go on babe :woohoo:

already 2 aces and 4 dfs :)

She plays already? Yes 5:1, now I have to go, bye

jasonwright25
Mar 22nd, 2012, 04:38 PM
3 breaks already. Rolling through first set at 5-1.

maturedgirl
Mar 22nd, 2012, 04:39 PM
and again problems with own service game 6dfs in 4 service games...:facepalm:

5:2

jasonwright25
Mar 22nd, 2012, 04:42 PM
and again problems with own service game 6dfs in 4 service games...:facepalm:

5:2

Other than the double faults she is dominating though. That's still a good sign.

CillyUltra
Mar 22nd, 2012, 04:52 PM
only 20% second serve points won so far :scratch:

maturedgirl
Mar 22nd, 2012, 05:00 PM
two aces in last service game but than break 0:2 :help:

Rovegun
Mar 22nd, 2012, 05:09 PM
why did no one tell me she was playing? :confused::D come on Sabs! fingers crossed!

btw. it seems they have already switched to daylight saving time in Florida, right? I can see only 5 time difference between the Czech Rep. and Florida...

jasonwright25
Mar 22nd, 2012, 05:27 PM
Double Faults and second serve a concern but overall she dominated. Nice match!

Vikapower
Mar 22nd, 2012, 05:29 PM
Sabine 6-3 6-2 :eek: -- lol that was pretty easy and that ease was unexpected considering how awesome Arvid was playing in IW anyways all good. :bounce:

She must have really played well.

CillyUltra
Mar 22nd, 2012, 05:33 PM
Still some considerable flaws in her game of course, but she fought through. So important that she made the crucial points. :yeah:

Michael!
Mar 22nd, 2012, 05:33 PM
well, good start for Sabine, 63 62 against Arvidsson, who was in decent shape lately, that´s ok!
She still has big problems with her serve it seems, many DFs, got broken a few times but she just needs some wins now to get some confidence back and she came back at least here in 2nd set from 02 to 62!

I hope that she can also beat Peng or Foretz next, probably Peng but you never know, as I said, every win is important for her and I am sure that she will improve again then.
She loves Miami and Charleston anyway, so best opportunity now for her to get back!

CillyUltra
Mar 22nd, 2012, 05:36 PM
why did no one tell me she was playing? :confused::D come on Sabs! fingers crossed!

btw. it seems they have already switched to daylight saving time in Florida, right? I can see only 5 time difference between the Czech Rep. and Florida...

Yes, they switched already on March 11th in the US. ;)

Lisickifan84
Mar 22nd, 2012, 06:15 PM
Yes Yes Yes :bounce::bounce::bounce:

http://www.playerworlds.de/forum/images/smilies/bravo.gif

I'm so happy for her!

It was good not to be at home and stare on that bitchy livescore :bounce: :lol:

Now I http://www.playerworlds.de/forum/images/smilies/g16.gif :lol:

But guys, why didn't you write in the livescore thread? http://www.playerworlds.de/forum/images/smilies/kopfwackel.gif

Mojobackhand
Mar 22nd, 2012, 06:27 PM
Juuuhuuu. Just checked the results! *relieved*
2nd serve stats are :eek: but everything else looked pretty good, no?

jasonwright25
Mar 22nd, 2012, 06:35 PM
But guys, why didn't you write in the livescore thread? http://www.playerworlds.de/forum/images/smilies/kopfwackel.gif

Ha. Totally forgot that thread was here.

Geekking
Mar 22nd, 2012, 06:47 PM
Great beginning from Sabine. She has a easy and good draw and I'm sure she will show us more victories in this tournament!

Lisickifan84
Mar 22nd, 2012, 07:07 PM
Great beginning from Sabine. She has a easy and good draw and I'm sure she will show us more victories in this tournament!

Right, who is next?

Edit: Probably Peng, ok that is not impossible.

Geekking
Mar 22nd, 2012, 07:31 PM
Next will be Peng :)

CillyUltra
Mar 22nd, 2012, 07:58 PM
http://s19.postimage.org/6gswhopz3/profile_2_A_normal.jpg Romi Cvitkovic ‏@TennisRomi
Just finished up an awesome one-on-one with Lisicki. Another extremely good interviewee and very giggly!

http://s19.postimage.org/6sacug6f3/317225_10150430963292658_653647657_10170914_1939.j pg Robin Hosking ‏@robinhosking
@TennisRomi I'd love to meet her. She sounds so positive and is the best role model for the game.

http://s19.postimage.org/6gswhopz3/profile_2_A_normal.jpg Romi Cvitkovic ‏@TennisRomi
@robinhosking She is an absolute darling, and beautiful and very fit in person!

:)

Geekking
Mar 22nd, 2012, 08:02 PM
Just finished up an awesome one-on-one with Lisicki. Another extremely good interviewee and very giggly!

http://s19.postimage.org/6sacug6f3/317225_10150430963292658_653647657_10170914_1939.j pg Robin Hosking ‏ @robinhosking
@TennisRomi I'd love to meet her. She sounds so positive and is the best role model for the game.

Lucky people :) I want to meet with her too!!

Mojobackhand
Mar 22nd, 2012, 08:02 PM

http://s19.postimage.org/6sacug6f3/317225_10150430963292658_653647657_10170914_1939.j pg Robin Hosking ‏ @robinhosking

Hey Cilly, don't you want to repost this in the News Thread...? I know, I know it's only tweets... but still nice info and I will get lost eventually here. :wavey:

Ian Aberdon
Mar 22nd, 2012, 09:12 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5yhf6woZSo

Is this the one?

hankmoody
Mar 22nd, 2012, 09:52 PM
Yay!:cheer::cheer:
So happy about that win!:D:D

Dorien.
Mar 22nd, 2012, 09:59 PM
That's a solid start :) Well done :yeah:

CillyUltra
Mar 22nd, 2012, 10:32 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5yhf6woZSo

Is this the one?

Apparently. :)

Hey Cilly, don't you want to repost this in the News Thread...? I know, I know it's only tweets... but still nice info and I will get lost eventually here. :wavey:

Well, they are connected with this interview, so maybe it's better to repost them in the P&V threat. ;)

Ian Aberdon
Mar 22nd, 2012, 10:52 PM
Just a lucky guess... ;)

Mike81
Mar 23rd, 2012, 12:40 AM
Nice 1st Round win for Sabine at her 'home tournament' ;) I doubted such a comfortable win but very pleasing to see.

Geekking
Mar 23rd, 2012, 12:44 AM
Nice 1st Round win for Sabine at her 'home tournament' ;) I doubted such a comfortable win but very pleasing to see.

You meant 2nd ;)

Mojobackhand
Mar 23rd, 2012, 01:09 AM
Well, they are connected with this interview, so maybe it's better to repost them in the P&V threat. ;)

Weird. @tennisromi is not @onthegotennis and she usually writes for TennisGrandstand... but yeah, looks like it's the interview she's tweeted about.
Really sweet interview with Sabine!

CillyUltra
Mar 23rd, 2012, 07:03 AM
http://s19.postimage.org/pwcv29y0v/261189_175535596516_929148952_q.jpg Sabine Lisicki
Hi everyone, I won my match 63 62 against Arvidsson today. Felt
comfortable out there. I really like this tournament a lot. Great place,
great fans and simply great atmosphere :-D Thanks for your support!
Love my fans ♥

maturedgirl
Mar 23rd, 2012, 08:51 AM
Love you too, sweety :lol:

She got it, first round #puuhh# now time to find rythm in serve. Want to watch you, Peng should be beatable, normal performance provided.

Anyway, slog through! :devil:

everythingtaboo
Mar 23rd, 2012, 01:46 PM
I was so surprised to check the livescore app and see a comfortable score. Woop! :bounce:

Who she play next?

Lisickifan84
Mar 23rd, 2012, 01:48 PM
I was so surprised to check the livescore app and see a comfortable score. Woop! :bounce:

Who she play next?

Peng is next ;)

everythingtaboo
Mar 23rd, 2012, 01:50 PM

http://s19.postimage.org/6sacug6f3/317225_10150430963292658_653647657_10170914_1939.j pg Robin Hosking ‏@robinhosking

Oh heyyy it's Robin. :worship:

everythingtaboo
Mar 23rd, 2012, 01:51 PM
Peng is next ;)

Oh. :rolleyes: Not feeling too confident about that one... Peng is dangerous.

Lisickifan84
Mar 23rd, 2012, 02:01 PM

Sabine too :cool:

Rovegun
Mar 23rd, 2012, 02:27 PM

Peng has been out of form so far this season... she´s far away from her dream season she had last year... I feel Sabine should win with smaller or greater problems....

maturedgirl
Mar 23rd, 2012, 02:42 PM
Sabine too :cool:

:rolls:

hope she is only dangerous for her opponents next time :tape:

Peng has been out of form so far this season.....just like our sunshine-babe :p

Rovegun
Mar 23rd, 2012, 03:42 PM
:rolls:

hope she is only dangerous for her opponents next time :tape:

Peng has been out of form so far this season.....just like our sunshine-babe :p

maybe I have expressed badly... Sabs is on higher out of form level :D so definitely she´s more chances to win the match...

Ziva
Mar 23rd, 2012, 03:47 PM
Sabs is on higher out of form level
:D

:worship:
that made me laugh, i hope you are right

Lisickifan84
Mar 24th, 2012, 12:35 AM
Court 2 Start 11:00 am

[17] Shuai Peng (CHN) v [12] Sabine Lisicki (GER)

Victory #2 please :bounce:

Mike81
Mar 24th, 2012, 01:54 AM
Praying for 2 wins in a row for first time since January :angel:

Lisickifan84
Mar 24th, 2012, 12:52 PM

Yes and it's very important. No defeat allowed! ;)

Sabinator.
Mar 24th, 2012, 01:35 PM

I didn't even know that, sucks :o Hope she can finally break this trend :hug:

maturedgirl
Mar 24th, 2012, 02:26 PM
Yes and it's very important. No defeat allowed! ;)

uuuhhh don't set up that pressure :lol:

I'm an optimistic, 'specially concening Bine, she doesn't has to but she 's going to make it through today :devil:

C'mon honey :woohoo: ludicrous how I try to give myself some courage :haha:

Lisickifan84
Mar 24th, 2012, 02:41 PM
uuuhhh don't set up that pressure :lol:

I'm an optimistic, 'specially concening Bine, she doesn't has to but she 's going to make it through today :devil:

C'mon honey :woohoo: ludicrous how I try to give myself some courage :haha:

She don't read here and she wants to win anyway ;)

Would you be in a good mood if she loses today because you can say, ...yes but she has won her first match? No actually she has to win just like in the round before. That has nothing to do with her opponent, because Peng isn't a bad player but Sabine has a chance in Miami to collect some important points + Mike said it right, she don't know anymore how to feel 2 wins in a row.

1 Victory would be not enough for me. Maybe after that match.

rucolo
Mar 24th, 2012, 03:08 PM
Sabine won a match! :eek::)

Now don`t lose in R3 to Peng :o

Danars
Mar 24th, 2012, 05:50 PM
She won 6:4 and 7:5, good win for her ;) The time to defend her big points are coming.

Michael!
Mar 24th, 2012, 05:53 PM
Lisicki def. Peng 64 75

Again a great start with some good serve it seems and an easy *52 lead, then she had some big troubles again but was able to take the 1st set at least, 2nd set was quite a mess on her own serve but she was able to hold under pressure at *34 and *45 which really was most important here!

Anyway, Sabine with 5/6 BPs and Peng with 3/14 BPs, that is really surprising, normally Sabine is the one who is wasting too many chances but not this time.
Saved so many Bps at *54 in 1st set, saved Sps at *45 in 2nd set before she served it out to love herself, that really should give he confidence and that is most important for her right now! :)

SeMany
Mar 24th, 2012, 05:59 PM
super...die big points heute alle für sich entschieden:worship:

140 punkte die wichtig sind für biene:)

irgendwie kann sie in indian wells kein match gewinnen, dafür in miami immer mindestens 2;)

Lisickifan84
Mar 24th, 2012, 06:01 PM
Lisicki def. Peng 64 75

Again a great start with some good serve it seems and an easy *52 lead, then she had some big troubles again but was able to take the 1st set at least, 2nd set was quite a mess on her own serve but she was able to hold under pressure at *34 and *45 which really was most important here!

Anyway, Sabine with 5/6 BPs and Peng with 3/14 BPs, that is really surprising, normally Sabine is the one who is wasting too many chances but not this time.
Saved so many Bps at *54 in 1st set, saved Sps at *45 in 2nd set before she served it out to love herself, that really should give he confidence and that is most important for her right now! :)

Oh yes in the second set breakpoints at 4:5 were also setpoints and I didn't count but it felt like 100 breapoints http://www.smilies.4-user.de/include/Ugly/smilie_ugly_014.gif
But finally she was able to win, very important!

mk27
Mar 24th, 2012, 06:02 PM
Solid win :yeah:

This is only the 2nd time that she reached the round of the last 16 at a big WTA tournament.

Lisickifan84
Mar 24th, 2012, 06:05 PM
Solid win :yeah:

This is only the 2nd time that she reached the round of the last 16 at a big WTA tournament.

Which one was the first tournament?

Ziva
Mar 24th, 2012, 06:11 PM

ehm charleston, which she won ;) !!

MissWeHo
Mar 24th, 2012, 06:11 PM
It's a great win. She fought on the important points which shows her mental was strong. Ironically, her first serve was a lot better in the second set but it was harder nonetheless for her to hold it.

Now I hope we will have a coverage for the next round!

mk27
Mar 24th, 2012, 06:15 PM

Miami 2008, so long time ago. ;)

That was only a Tier 2 tournament back in 2009.

Lisickifan84
Mar 24th, 2012, 06:16 PM

Ahh yes http://www.playerworlds.de/forum/images/smilies/dooof.gif

I always think Charleston is just a smaller tournament, don't know why :shrug:

Edit:

OK, I'm not wrong :lol:

CillyUltra
Mar 24th, 2012, 06:28 PM
http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/6651/b12lisicki140aeltcjbuck.jpg Sabine Lisicki ‏@sabinelisicki
I won my match 64 75. Yeahy http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/4991/17843424.pngthx for the support out there in the
heat!!

maturedgirl
Mar 24th, 2012, 06:55 PM
Jipppyyy, she did it and she did it in two :yippee::hug:

Had an important appointment this afternoon with german Bundesliga and there we won, too - Great day for me!
Now making ready for celebration in the heat of Berlin night :smoke:

Sabs you're the Best on court, love to see xour next match on TV or other monitors :hearts:

Im going to drink a cool one to you http://www.smilies.4-user.de/include/Trinken/smilie_trink_004.gif

Ziva
Mar 24th, 2012, 06:58 PM

oh shame on me, really didn't know that that tournament was smaller back then :confused:

Lisickifan84
Mar 24th, 2012, 07:37 PM
Next is Na Li or Benesova.

Sabine won 6 of 6 matches against Chinese players totally.

OK let's hope Na Li wins vs. Benesova :lol:

Dorien.
Mar 24th, 2012, 10:08 PM
Well done Bine :)

Mojobackhand
Mar 24th, 2012, 11:17 PM
So kann es weitergeht, so kann es weitergehn.... ;)

AUF GEHT'S BINE!

Mojobackhand
Mar 24th, 2012, 11:33 PM
@WTA
Wickmayer def Clijsters, both Williams & Lisicki have chance of making Top 10 at #SEOpen http://bit.ly/H2hvEV #tennis

Whoa! I didn't know that!! :eek: Does anyone know how far she'd have to go to do that? Win it all, I guess, would be it...?
Hope, she's not aware of it!! *pressaaaaahhhh*

mk27
Mar 24th, 2012, 11:38 PM
Does anyone know how far she'd have to go to do that? Win it all, I guess, would be it...?

Yes, she has to win the tournament for a place in the top 10.

CillyUltra
Mar 24th, 2012, 11:47 PM
http://s19.postimage.org/pwcv29y0v/261189_175535596516_929148952_q.jpg Sabine Lisicki
I won my match 64 75. Happy with my performance today especially to
save 4 setpoints in the 2nd set vs Peng. Thanks for your support out there
in the heat! It was fun to play :-) Next match will be monday vs Na Li .

Mojobackhand
Mar 25th, 2012, 12:00 AM

Ah, well... ok. Let's not get greedy. :lol:
One match at a time and playing good tennis is the most important thing right now.

Lisickifan84
Mar 25th, 2012, 12:08 AM

Würde nicht auch "nur" ein Finaleinzug reichen wenn Serena in der nächsten Runde verliert? Petko könnte sie doch theoretisch schon mit 2 Siegen überholen oder?

Aber alles nur Spekulationen. Erstmal muss sie gegen Na Li gewinnen.

hankmoody
Mar 25th, 2012, 12:26 AM
Haha, what a great saturday! First I went to the stadium to see my beloved FCB win(hab mich sogar grad im aktuellen Sportstudio gesehen:D:D) and when coming home I looked at my livescore app to see that Bine has won too!! :bounce::bounce: I`m so happy today.:cheer::cheer:

Isn`t it a bit to early to look at the top10 right now!? I think nobody expects her to win here.;)
I just hope she`ll put up a good fight against Na!:)

CillyUltra
Mar 25th, 2012, 12:30 AM
"She hits the ball very hard, so you have to run down a lot of balls and be very consistent against her," Lisicki said of Peng. "I saved lots of break points too, and four set points in the second set, so I'm glad I closed it out in two sets."

Lisicki lives in Bradenton, Florida. "The weather here suits me well, and I live a few hours away from here, so it feels like a home tournament for me," she said. "I love coming here. I have lots of friends and people from the academy here."
http://www.wtatennis.com/news/20120324/yanina-outdoes-kim-serena-cruises-on_2256076_2691759

Mike81
Mar 25th, 2012, 12:57 AM
It's nice to wake up to see another winning score from Sabine :) Hope we'll get some coverage for the next episode of Lisicki-Na

lovethetennis
Mar 25th, 2012, 04:15 AM
I was so happy to see Sabine get this win today :D

hellas719
Mar 25th, 2012, 05:14 AM
Keep going :cool:

maturedgirl
Mar 25th, 2012, 07:08 AM
The heat of Miami suits hot sunshine-Bine :cool:

Now go out there and beat Li Na :woohoo:
its time for a quaterfinal once again ;)

Let's do it again:rocker:

Rovegun
Mar 25th, 2012, 10:01 AM
happy Sabine won! what I said? Sabine is on higher out of form level than Peng :lol: good luck against Na Li

maturedgirl
Mar 25th, 2012, 07:41 PM
happy Sabine won! what I said? Sabine is on higher out of form level than Peng :lol: good luck against Na Li

ok, thankfully the right estimation. And what about your feeling against the FO Champion, who's got the less öower level atM?:cool:

I'm betting the will stream it.

rucolo
Mar 25th, 2012, 08:54 PM
Nice win over Peng, Sabine! :):banana:

Pretty good fight and mentally strong: Break Points Saved: 11 of 14 :eek:

Head To Head now 3-0 vs Peng. Now kill Li, Sabine! :devil:

Ian Aberdon
Mar 25th, 2012, 08:58 PM
Sabine Lisicki‏@sabinelisickiReply

Had a good hit with Yanina today. We laughed a lot in between playing. Was fun :-) Now it's nap time!

She seems to enjoy Yanina's company quite a lot.

crazillo
Mar 25th, 2012, 09:15 PM
How can she? :o

Rovegun
Mar 25th, 2012, 09:18 PM
ok, thankfully the right estimation. And what about your feeling against the FO Champion, who's got the less öower level atM?:cool:

I'm betting the will stream it.

tough to say I don´t want to be considered as Sabine´s oracle :D hope Sabine will win but Na Li is a favorite of the match, of course... I don´t want Sabine to count on me :D she´s on the court alone ;)

selesia
Mar 25th, 2012, 09:21 PM
Sabine Lisicki‏@sabinelisicki

Had a good hit with Yanina today. We laughed a lot in between playing. Was fun :-) Now it's nap time!

Wow... a good hit, playing and nap with Yanina :oh:

Ian Aberdon
Mar 25th, 2012, 09:32 PM
:hehehe:

Lisickifan84
Mar 25th, 2012, 11:10 PM
Grandstand Start 11:00 am

[28] Kevin Anderson (RSA) v [8] Mardy Fish (USA)

[12] Nicolas Almagro (ESP) v [20] Fernando Verdasco (ESP)

[8] Na Li (CHN) v [12] Sabine Lisicki (GER)

3rd match tomorrow live on eurosport germany.

I have a good feeling :)

Mojobackhand
Mar 25th, 2012, 11:23 PM
Grandstand Start 11:00 am

[28] Kevin Anderson (RSA) v [8] Mardy Fish (USA)

[12] Nicolas Almagro (ESP) v [20] Fernando Verdasco (ESP)

[8] Na Li (CHN) v [12] Sabine Lisicki (GER)

3rd match tomorrow live on eurosport germany.

I have a good feeling :)

Hmmm, two guys' matches before. What time could that be? 4PM? Is that 9PM or 10PM German time. I get home at 10.30. Hopefully the latter. I'm all confused since we changed to daylight saving.

Lisickifan84
Mar 25th, 2012, 11:41 PM
Hmmm, two guys' matches before. What time could that be? 4PM? Is that 9PM or 10PM German time. I get home at 10.30. Hopefully the latter. I'm all confused since we changed to daylight saving.

6 hours miami - germany (right?)
Hmm maybe match will start at 11 german time :shrug: We must wait.

hankmoody
Mar 26th, 2012, 01:21 AM
6 hours miami - germany (right?)
Hmm maybe match will start at 11 german time :shrug: We must wait.

Doesn`t matter, I`ll be watching it! Perfect time for me!:D

GL Bine!:bounce:

Geekking
Mar 26th, 2012, 06:26 PM
Maria defeated Makarova. Lets say Maria next ;)

Geekking
Mar 26th, 2012, 06:32 PM
Btw, if she wins this tournament she will be in top 10!

Geekking
Mar 26th, 2012, 09:50 PM
So sad to see her lose with a bad tennis..

Winner/EU Li: 14/56, Lisicki 13/60

Lisickifan84
Mar 26th, 2012, 09:55 PM
So sad to see her lose with a bad tennis..

Winner/EU Li: 14/56, Lisicki 13/60

The worst thing is that Li Na was not even much better but still enough for Sabine :sad:

CillyUltra
Mar 26th, 2012, 09:59 PM
Sabine is still pretty low of confidence, understandable after the past weeks. But she can definitely take something positive from Miami. Now Charleston could be a nice venue to get back on track.

Ian Aberdon
Mar 26th, 2012, 10:05 PM
Actually, although the result & stats appear bad, I think I agree with CillyUltra this time! But Sabs still has work to do - but work she will! Only frustrating thing is her winning the first set, then dropping the next two again. Maybe it was too much to think she could break the Top 10 after her comeback year in 2011. I would be happy if she stayed around the Top 20, then kick on again thereafter. I'll not bother with GM. The Sabs haters will be having a ball. :sad:

Lisickifan84
Mar 26th, 2012, 10:13 PM
Actually, although the result & stats appear bad, I think I agree with CillyUltra this time! But Sabs still has work to do - but work she will! Only frustrating thing is her winning the first set, then dropping the next two again. Maybe it was too much to think she could break the Top 10 after her comeback year in 2011. I would be happy if she stayed around the Top 20, then kick on again thereafter. I'll not bother with GM. The Sabs haters will be having a ball. :sad:

Don't listen to them. All that matters is Sabine and that she gets back her confidence. Let them talk. One days Sabine will show them what she is capable of :cool:

Actually I'm a bit pessimistic now :sad:
Hm if she had lost in 2 sets against a good Li Na it would be a good tournament, especially after the last weeks, but now I don't feel that way. :sad:

CillyUltra
Mar 26th, 2012, 10:19 PM
Actually I'm a bit pessimistic now :sad:
Hm if she had lost in 2 sets against a good Li Na it would be a good tournament, especially after the last weeks, but now I don't feel that way. :sad:

We don't know how she played in the first 2 matches, but definitely not so bad. Of course she's still way too inconsistent. Dunno what you expect. :shrug:

Rovegun
Mar 26th, 2012, 10:20 PM
people, don´t read GM! I never know why you still do it when you know people there have some stupid comments on many players... I never read GM because I know I would have to leave the whole TF... I think true fans are gathered in sub-forums...

I think no one should put a lot of pressure on Sabine to become a top 10 player I don´t think rush is needed and useful... she´s still pretty young and has the whole career ahead of her and still has a lot of thing to work on.... let´s give her enough time...

Lisickifan84
Mar 26th, 2012, 10:37 PM
We don't know how she played in the first 2 matches, but definitely not so bad. Of course she's still way too inconsistent. Dunno what you expect. :shrug:

I expect not that she has 0 confidence after winning the first set against Li Na. I didn't expect that she wins that match with 6:0 6:0 and if she had lost it in a "normal way", then it would be OK. But she gave the last set away. No fighting spirit except that break to 2:5, but then 0:40 on her service game was way to easy for Li Na.

people, don´t read GM! I never know why you still do it when you know people there have some stupid comments on many players... I never read GM because I know I would have to leave the whole TF... I think true fans are gathered in sub-forums...

I think no one should put a lot of pressure on Sabine to become a top 10 player I don´t think rush is needed and useful... she´s still pretty young and has the whole career ahead of her and still has a lot of thing to work on.... let´s give her enough time...

I never read on GM, I'm always here in the german subforum. So it is better that way as I see.

I don't expect her to reach the top 10 this year. She is close but the most defending points are still waiting and so top 20 is a good target for her this year.

hankmoody
Mar 26th, 2012, 10:55 PM

Haha! Yeah when reading GM, you get the feeling that 90% of the people there are pubescent teenies that need to blow off some steam, cause their live just sucks right now!:lol:

Still, I think her behaviour and low confidence today was quite shocking! One might think that winning the first set gives her at least some confidence in her game?
Well Sabine is able to surprise us everytime she enters the court. In a good and a bad way!:shrug:

Lisickifan84
Mar 26th, 2012, 11:13 PM
Before Fed Cup in February I had always the feeling Sabine can turn a match and win it. But today I knew she will lose that match after the 2nd set. And I was right :mad:

CillyUltra
Mar 27th, 2012, 12:32 AM

If you ignore IW, as it was a no-go for Sabine in the past as well, Miami counts as the first tourney where she was physically 100% again. And, after a week of good practice at Bradenton, she showed signs of recovery.

Only stupid dreamers could have thought that there won't be setbacks, after just 3 months of good play last year. And she definitely had bad luck with having to replace Petko as FC lead and her illness. The thing I'm critical of is her constant over-the-top talk of becoming no.1, getting into top 10 this year, which isn't really helpful imo.

Mike81
Mar 27th, 2012, 12:50 AM
Atleast she made the 4th Round of a Premier tournament. It's a shame that once again she wins the 1st set and loses in 3. I'm not posting in GM this time...

maturedgirl
Mar 27th, 2012, 01:58 AM
Before Fed Cup in February I had always the feeling Sabine can turn a match and win it. But today I knew she will lose that match after the 2nd set. And I was right :mad:

thats exactly how Ifelt after ending of set 2. so I dropped the third. She's so discontented with herself and lost all her fun on the court, ...I feel with her:hug:

Lets hope she can somehow return to her amazing high level tennis, she anyway has all the abilitys :rolleyes:

Perhaps she looks too much to the rankings and that puts her under pressure. Anyhow atm she reaally can't fetch her best tennis when it counts, pure deficit of self confidence.

And, I don't really care what her blind "haters" say in anonym social networks, she stays a lovely, adorable person to me and that will never change.:rolleyes:

btw she looked so sweet:angel: see you in Charleston

jasonwright25
Mar 27th, 2012, 01:59 AM
Tough loss. But overall this tournament is a success based on her recent play. She took a top 10 player to three sets and now needs to build on this. Looks like Brooks is having some positive results with her. Looking forward to Charleston.

Ziva
Mar 27th, 2012, 02:00 PM
Tough loss. But overall this tournament is a success based on her recent play. She took a top 10 player to three sets and now needs to build on this. Looks like Brooks is having some positive results with her. Looking forward to Charleston.

she got some points there and didn't lose any, that's the good thing, but Li Na was so beatable, only second serves, but Sabine stopped playing again in the second set.
i really liked the coaching Brooks did, though he didn't came through to her, you could see that after the first set, he knows her very well and i think he did choose the right words, like asking if she's having fun plus the encouragement and some good tipps.

when they talked again in the third and he said "don't give up, you promise me that" you could see she wasn't there at all anymore, she had shut of completely and that's the thing that worries me the most, she's not able to pull herself together after she loses the second set, that's a fact now and has become a curse to her in 2012.

i'm delighted to see that she and her team are trying to change something with the new coach on court, we'll see if it will help her in the future, or if it's impossible to get her back on track mentaly when she goes in "no confidence mode", even after winning a set, which was the biggest problem yesterday, since she completely lost all of it right in the first game of the 2nd set.:confused:

And WTF have they done to her serve, they changed her balltoss to be lower, why ? i don't know, but she has massive problems with the serving after the offseason, brooks reminded her yesterday to toss it lower, and right after that she had to break of her toss a few times !?
I'm not sure if it's just that, but the serve is a key in her game, what keeps her in the match and it's missing, i made the observation, that her serve get's slower tourney after tourney, placement is still there if she get's the first in, but less and less pace.
I think they are doing this on purpose to get less DF, but this will lead nowhere in my opinion.
They wanted to change a small thing about her serve and messed it up completely !! :help:

Like i saud earlyer, the Top Ten are way outta reach and all the opportunitys are gone, now she has to limit the damage her ranking will get till the end of the season, i hope she can stay Top 25, that's all i ask for at the moment.

Still Bine is the Best of course, love her never the less :hearts:

Dorien.
Mar 27th, 2012, 05:47 PM
I was really thinking she could win it after the first set :sad:

maturedgirl
Mar 27th, 2012, 06:05 PM
Like i saud earlyer, the Top Ten are way outta reach

Perhaps good for her mental balance. So she can go out with more fun and easiness on the court, not thinking too much about what happens if...and all that stuff

If light-heartedness returns she will find back her amazing abilities on court. I stay optimistic ;)