PDA

View Full Version : Where should I upload hundreds of pic of IW?

fantic
Mar 14th, 2012, 04:04 PM
Since this is tennis related decided to post here.

Using my 15x zoom camera, took TONS of photos at IW, stayed there for about a week.

So I need to upload these.

imageshack no mas, gets expired,
flickr too, only 300mb per month :tape:

I need UNLIMITED, FREE, EASY TO BULK UPLOAD site.

Any suggestions?

Or should I just make another facebook acct and upload there? Now facebook is pretty reliable and meets all those criteria...:lol:

FerrerFan123
Mar 14th, 2012, 04:18 PM
http://www.use.com/bulkupload/

MK Ultra
Mar 14th, 2012, 04:20 PM
Photobucket. It's easy, free and unlimited, and you can login from your facebook account. :)

fantic
Mar 14th, 2012, 05:13 PM
Will receive suggestions until like tomorrow and then will ponder...:lol:

It's only 15x zoom so don't expect expert's quality like saul1333's, but tried to take pics of many aspects of the venue and such.

videos are as usual being uploaded as of now at youtube, so far Sunday ones, and posted match impressions at my blog, all at my signature.

Managed to post a few pics at flickr before the capacity was full :tape: Anyway you can 'sample' my pic quality there

pov
Mar 14th, 2012, 05:47 PM
Flickr Pro

With Pro you get:

Unlimited photo uploads (20MB per photo)
Unlimited video uploads (90 seconds max, 500MB per video)
The ability to show HD Video
Unlimited storage
Unlimited bandwidth
Archiving of high-resolution original images
The ability to replace a photo
Post any of your photos or videos in up to 60 group pools
Ad-free browsing and sharing
View count and referrer statistics

--------

Picasa (http://picasa.google.com/)

--------

SlickPic (http://www.slickpic.com/)

Shooter
Mar 14th, 2012, 11:19 PM
Any suggestions? How bout posting some of your best shots here? This isn't the place to post a LOT of pictures, but a few of your best shots would be very interesting to see. I took a couple of hundred shots at IW12, but only posted my best 4 on this forum (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=455171).

fantic
Mar 15th, 2012, 12:07 AM
nah, I'm too exhausted to upload pics here and there :sobbing: now almost finished uploading videos..

Shooter
Mar 15th, 2012, 02:06 AM
nah, I'm too exhausted to upload pics here and there :sobbing: now almost finished uploading videos.. O.K. Let us know where you post the pics.

fantic
Mar 15th, 2012, 03:32 AM
O.K. Let us know where you post the pics.

I just want to upload in bulk and be done with it :hysteric:

So far was recommended;

-----------

imgur

As long as images are getting at least 1 view every 6 months, they will stick around forever

How many images can I upload?
Infinity.

-----------
picasa

you have to download the program?

--------
slickpic

-------

www.use.com

---------

posterous

Acquisition FAQ

What happens to my Space? Will Posterous eventually shut down? You can use your Space(s) exactly as you have in the past. We’ll give you ample notice before any changes or disruptions to the...
:hysteric:
---------
imagevenue

2. What is a maximum file size I can upload to your server?
File size limit is 3.0M

3. Why is your service absolutely free?
We cover the cost of running the business by placing text links of our featured advertisers.

5. How many images am I allowed to upload?
You may upload as many images as you wish.

6. Will my image ever be deleted?
The storage period of your images on our server is unlimited. However, if your image has not been accessed for more than 1 year, it will be deleted from our server.
---------
divshare

Free option;

20 GB Storage
100 GB Downloads/mo
---------

not to mention the popular? flickr and photobucket..damn, this is hard.. :lol:

fantic
Mar 15th, 2012, 04:23 AM
I'm trying shutterfly but the upload time is a tad long..I quite like flickr actually except that the free acct is pretty useless :tape:

saul1333
Mar 15th, 2012, 05:11 AM
Looking forward to your pics :)

Mary Cherry.
Mar 15th, 2012, 05:16 AM
imgur is great, really easy to use. I don't think it lets you upload any file bigger than 2MB though, but apart from that I really recommend it :)

fantic
Mar 15th, 2012, 05:22 AM
I do like imgur's design, but most of my files are easily over 3MB :hysteric:

I do want to upload in bulk, so I'm currently trying to bulk upload Mar. 7 pics (damn I need to delete pics of eye-candies among spectators :oh: ) at use.com ...that day alone I took about 800 pics :tape:

And saul1333, the picture quality will never be as good as yours :lol:

Mary Cherry.
Mar 15th, 2012, 05:25 AM
Ooo wait, just tried a couple of large files (3.something MB and 5.something MB) on imgur and they both worked. It must just not agree with large GIF files :oh:

fantic
Mar 15th, 2012, 05:30 AM
maybe I should make the image size smaller when taking pics :o

fantic
Mar 15th, 2012, 05:31 AM
Ooo wait, just tried a couple of large files (3.something MB and 5.something MB) on imgur and they both worked. It must just not agree with large GIF files :oh:

but can I upload in bulk there? I really need that function, since I took more than 500 pics per day :tape:

and FAQs are a bit confusing to me, about picture getting expired :lol:

Mary Cherry.
Mar 15th, 2012, 05:37 AM
but can I upload in bulk there? I really need that function, since I took more than 500 pics per day :tape:

The pictures stay there forever, but you can only view the last 225 you uploaded in your album. Besides, you can only post 20 pics per post on here anyway so it's all pretty good :)

fantic
Mar 15th, 2012, 06:06 AM
The pictures stay there forever, but you can only view the last 225 you uploaded in your album. Besides, you can only post 20 pics per post on here anyway so it's all pretty good :)

but I took photos at least twice that amount PER DAY at IW :hysteric: What's the use if other users can't view those :sobbing:

Mary Cherry.
Mar 15th, 2012, 06:14 AM
but I took photos at least twice that amount PER DAY at IW :hysteric: What's the use if other users can't view those :sobbing:

They can still view them, they don't get deleted, it's just that you won't be able to see them in your album (so you'll have to post them first before you upload another 225)

In their words:

"Standard accounts are limited to the 225 most recent images. After that, the newest uploads will be shown and the oldest uploads will be bumped out of the account (not deleted, just hidden from within the account)"

And I figured out why it allows large pictures but not GIFs - it automatically compresses the file to a 1MB size limit, so the quality of your pics won't be as good.

quenelle
Mar 15th, 2012, 06:22 AM
I like http://minus.com/. It's free, almost unlimited storage (2GB per file, 50GB total), and you can bulk upload. Although I don't know how fast the bulk upload is compared to other sites because I've never tried to upload as many pics as you have.

Melange
Mar 15th, 2012, 09:55 AM
maybe I should make the image size smaller when taking pics :o

you should crop your photos. select the interesting part, usually the player, and remove the rest, which is usually empty tennis court or background. this will reduce your photo file sizes by quite a lot and make uploading faster. ofc when you have hundreds to do it can be quite boring

LoveMasha2008
Mar 15th, 2012, 10:43 AM

Imagebam has a zip-upload function: http://www.imagebam.com/

The maximum size for the .zip file is 250MB.:)

And if you use the multi-upload function, the maximum size for each photo is 10MB.

fantic
Mar 15th, 2012, 02:14 PM
thx for the advice guys. I tried to upload in bulk via use.com but lots of pics failed to get uploaded.
I'll try imgur, thx to Marry Cherry.'s persistent effort :p
let me first link my use.com acct so you guys can take a peek at Mar. 7 pictures. if the link appears in my sig., you know the work is in progress :lol:

fantic
Mar 15th, 2012, 03:53 PM
huh, I'm already liking imgur, it's quite intuitive?, you can just drag the images from the pic folder and drop on the imgur page..upload is pretty fast too, it seems.

I was there and took pics from Mar 2 (PQ semifinal) to 12, 11 days. That's LOTS of images :lol: I'll upload chronologically, from Mar 2, am in fact doing now. Will post the link later at my sig.

fantic
Mar 15th, 2012, 04:21 PM
ok I just posted 70 pics for Mar 2. and also posted imgur link at my sig, hope you guys enjoy :wavey:

imgur doesn't have a caption function, that's too bad.

fantic
Mar 18th, 2012, 03:21 AM
imgur upload gets frequently interrupted :o Or is it my internet connection..