PDA

View Full Version : What is your favourite non-alcoholic drink?

Mynarco
Mar 14th, 2012, 02:48 PM
Discuss :)

recent favourite - PG tips tea - at least a cup a day :sobbing:

delicatecutter
Mar 14th, 2012, 02:51 PM
Lately it's been Dr. Pepper. :lick:

Ashi
Mar 14th, 2012, 02:56 PM
Tea, Lassi , Coconut water & sugarcane juice.

Lin Lin
Mar 14th, 2012, 02:59 PM
Flower tea:awww:

Blu€
Mar 14th, 2012, 03:15 PM
Iced tea :hearts:

NyCPsU
Mar 14th, 2012, 03:26 PM
I literally drink nothing except alcohol and water. So water. Maybe an occasional glass of milk. :shrug:

Soft drinks are so, so bad for you, I wish people would see that.

delicatecutter
Mar 14th, 2012, 03:41 PM
And alcohol to the point of intoxication is good for you?

NyCPsU
Mar 14th, 2012, 03:52 PM
Who said that? :confused:

Londoner
Mar 14th, 2012, 03:56 PM
Tea by far. Around a dozen cups a day. Then sparkling water and Robinsons sugar free squash.

Never fizzy drinks: they make me feel sick. And never beer or lager. They just taste like chemicals.

Londoner
Mar 14th, 2012, 03:59 PM
I literally drink nothing except alcohol and water. So water. Maybe an occasional glass of milk. :shrug:

That's what Lucy the Lush and her mate Albert the Alchie say - on their park bench in Regents Park.;)

lefty24
Mar 14th, 2012, 04:12 PM
I'm Russian so I grew up drinking lots of hot tea. I drink at least two cups a day.
For cold drinks I love unsweetened iced tea.

My current obsession is coconut water but I also drink lots of regular water.

Sammo
Mar 14th, 2012, 04:18 PM
Green tea with mint, so herbal tea ;)

Super Dave
Mar 14th, 2012, 04:42 PM
1. Diet soda (I know it's bad)
2. 100% juice
3. Gatorade / Powerade
4. Water
5. Tea (only when sick / sore throat)

I don't drink alcohol anymore and I deplore coffee and milk.

Lennval
Mar 14th, 2012, 04:53 PM

Soft drinks MIGHT be a bad option. As bas as alcohol that's sure. I agree that. But most of people actually know that and they keep drinking them, as it happens with alcohol. So, I can't see your point bud

Hurley
Mar 14th, 2012, 04:57 PM
Eight jillion gallons of diet soda per day keeps me ALIVE :D

lefty24
Mar 14th, 2012, 05:41 PM
Does anyone hate milk?

I hate it so much I can't even see people drinking it.

NyCPsU
Mar 14th, 2012, 05:43 PM
Soft drinks MIGHT be a bad option. As bas as alcohol that's sure. I agree that. But most of people actually know that and they keep drinking them, as it happens with alcohol. So, I can't see your point bud

Thats not true. I agree with you that soft drinks are probably just as bad as alcohol. I disagree that most people actually realize how bad. Most people do not see it that way. Parents allow their kids so much soda and its just so horrible for them. There are many studies that show childhood obesity and diabetes which are out of control in most first world nations can be directly linked to soft drink consumption.

Hurley
Mar 14th, 2012, 06:00 PM
Does anyone hate milk?

I never really drank it much as a kid, and felt the same way as you do as a young adult. Then I REALIZED it was because I am...not lactose-intolerant, but I call it "lactose-skeptical." So I was subconsciously avoiding it because in the back of my mind I knew it didn't make me feel well since childhood (same issue whenever pizza was brought up during high school/college).

wta_zuperfann
Mar 14th, 2012, 06:10 PM
milk shakes!

http://www.coffeemandevon.co.uk/images/milkshakes.jpg

I make one or two milk shakes every week ~ reminds me of the old days in Brooklyn when we used to have ice cream bars or malt shops just about everywhere.

Schraft's in Flatbush, Brooklyn:

http://gothamist.com/upload/2012/03/schrafts0212.jpeg

https://encrypted-tbn1.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTnrvnek12k8HppIFOBD6PoUXWpC2E3m 1ArntLNDJ0SwVfVQ93Ehw

and sometimes I love these as well:

https://encrypted-tbn3.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRTnsG4dw67HurQAkDOdtQLp1zzAuMlY hnqWrmtcABZJXV5mYDM

Good stuff! :)

pov
Mar 14th, 2012, 06:11 PM
This would have been good as a multiple-selection poll.

Super Dave
Mar 14th, 2012, 06:25 PM
milk shakes!

I make one or two milk shakes every week ~ reminds me of the old days in Brooklyn when we used to have ice cream bars or malt shops just about everywhere.

McDonald's strawberry shakes are a guilty pleasure of mine, but I only have about one every 6 weeks because of the calorie bomb.

Londoner
Mar 14th, 2012, 07:22 PM
Does anyone hate milk?

I hate milk as well. I never have been able to drink it. I can't abide cappuccino or latte or milk shakes either. My parents tried but I used to scream and burst into tears!

Apparently we are the only animals that drink another species milk :help:

Londoner
Mar 14th, 2012, 07:23 PM
milk shakes!

Schraft's in Flatbush, Brooklyn:

http://gothamist.com/upload/2012/03/schrafts0212.jpeg

https://encrypted-tbn1.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTnrvnek12k8HppIFOBD6PoUXWpC2E3m 1ArntLNDJ0SwVfVQ93Ehw

and sometimes I love these as well:

https://encrypted-tbn3.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRTnsG4dw67HurQAkDOdtQLp1zzAuMlY hnqWrmtcABZJXV5mYDM

Good stuff! :)

My idea of a nightmare! Can't stand milkshakes!

Londoner
Mar 14th, 2012, 07:24 PM
McDonald's strawberry shakes are a guilty pleasure of mine, but I only have about one every 6 weeks because of the calorie bomb.

I read that there's more chalk than milk in a McDonalds shake. Yes, they put chalk in it!

Super Dave
Mar 14th, 2012, 07:32 PM
I read that there's more chalk than milk in a McDonalds shake. Yes, they put chalk in it!

I haven't read that, but I wouldn't be surprised...:o

I do hate milk though I love milkshakes (probably because they're thicker and actually have flavor). Just like I hate raw tomatoes but I love tomato sauce / ketchup.

Mynarco
Mar 14th, 2012, 07:49 PM

receipts.

John.
Mar 14th, 2012, 07:51 PM
http://www.americansweets.co.uk/ekmps/shops/statesidecandy/images/irn-bru-soda-x24-cans-from-the-uk-1445-p.jpg

Mistress of Evil
Mar 14th, 2012, 07:52 PM
juicy & water

Have been trying to give up soft drinks for a while now. :(

Barrie_Dude
Mar 14th, 2012, 08:10 PM
1) Water
2) Iced Tea
3) Lemonade
4) Coca Cola

melodynelson
Mar 14th, 2012, 08:21 PM
I drink primarily water, but I also coffee most days and a few times a week tea and alcohol.

I don't drink milk since years, but I like rice and soy milk.

Nicolás89
Mar 14th, 2012, 08:33 PM

Yep, although I'm an hypocrite because I drink alcohol which is just as bad. :lol:

I mostly drink water & coffee, sometimes tea.

Hurley
Mar 14th, 2012, 08:51 PM
I haven't been able to drink tea since tea started posting on TennisForum.com :sobbing:

Too traumatic :hysteric:

PatrickRyan
Mar 14th, 2012, 09:51 PM
1. Bottle Water
2. Diet Coke
3. Gatorade/Powerade
4. Lemonade
5. Dr. Pepper

LeRoy.
Mar 14th, 2012, 09:57 PM
Water.

Soda(even "Diet") is injurious to health. Excessive consumption of soda can lead to diabetes, obesity and sometimes even cancer. :eek:

nevetssllim
Mar 14th, 2012, 10:26 PM
Tea (earl grey in particular)
Coffee (hazelnut latte, dark bean latte)

Novichok
Mar 14th, 2012, 11:10 PM
Orange juice. :lick:

Melange
Mar 15th, 2012, 12:26 AM
Which is more unhealthy, soda or diet soda?

lefty24
Mar 15th, 2012, 12:50 AM
Which is more unhealthy, soda or diet soda?

I would say diet soda.

Reptilia
Mar 15th, 2012, 01:46 AM
I don't care how bad it is for you, there is nothing better than an ice cold coke.

Novichok
Mar 15th, 2012, 01:57 AM
I don't care how bad it is for you, there is nothing better than an ice cold coke.

:yeah:

Melange
Mar 15th, 2012, 10:31 AM
anything ice cold is going to be quite good

wta_zuperfann
Mar 15th, 2012, 01:28 PM

I use Half & Half, 2 bananas, perhaps some milk, and honey, topped with cinnamon. For variety I use coconut cream or ice cream but in small amount. This way you limit the calorie count and do not lose any good taste at all. :)

My idea of a nightmare! Can't stand milkshakes!

Poor guy ~ you are missing out on one of life's greatest pleasures.

Mattographer
Mar 15th, 2012, 01:34 PM
Iced coffee.

M.S.F
Mar 15th, 2012, 02:02 PM
Pepsi :o

Mynarco
Mar 15th, 2012, 02:23 PM

SO TRUE :sobbing:

ElusiveChanteuse
Mar 15th, 2012, 02:25 PM
Hot chocolate/juice/water

Sammo
Mar 15th, 2012, 02:35 PM
Tea by far. Around a dozen cups a day. Then sparkling water and Robinsons sugar free squash.

Never fizzy drinks: they make me feel sick. And never beer or lager. They just taste like chemicals.

Wow

delicatecutter
Mar 15th, 2012, 02:36 PM
atm it is water. I am drinking it like I was stranded in the middle of the desert for days. Dehydration seriously sucks.

oleada
Mar 15th, 2012, 03:11 PM
Diet Coke and Coffee; it's tied.

I should just drag around an IV full of caffeine; I'd save me so much time .

Pump-it-UP
Mar 15th, 2012, 05:04 PM
Soda definitely. But I restrict myself to 2-3 times a month. :sobbing:

quince
Mar 15th, 2012, 05:07 PM
Six cups of tea a day in average. And water.

I buy carbonated water only for cleaning purposes. Boil some Sprite and your kettle will shine as newly bought. I see no point in drinking orthophosphoric acid on daily basis.

Melange
Mar 15th, 2012, 08:16 PM
^Tea?

quince
Mar 15th, 2012, 08:22 PM
^Tea?
I prefer tea, yep.:angel:

Mary Cherry.
Mar 15th, 2012, 09:16 PM
Tea is wonderful.

edificio
Mar 15th, 2012, 09:56 PM
Coffee (once a day), juice (once a day), water or herbal tea with no sugar (several times a day).

Does anyone hate milk?

I hate it! Loathe it. I do tolerate it in cereal once a month or so, but I just dampen the cereal with it. BUT turn milk into ice cream or custard or a milkshake, it's good.

Apparently, Burger King's shakes are actual milk ice cream. I haven't had one in years, but I learned that about 15 years ago. But, yeah, don't eat McDonald's shakes.

dybbuk
Mar 16th, 2012, 01:09 AM
Does no one here besides me love limeade. :tears: There was a little hamburger stand near me that sold their own fresh limeade, it was the greatest thing ever. I also really love aloe vera drinks.

Melange
Mar 16th, 2012, 01:43 AM
i just got some limes to make more lime juice

donellcarey
Mar 16th, 2012, 02:35 AM
My favorite drink is horchata (@ any Spaniard:lol:)

But then of the choices, it's soft drink (cola)

lefty24
Mar 16th, 2012, 02:39 AM
Coffee (once a day), juice (once a day), water or herbal tea with no sugar (several times a day).

I hate it! Loathe it. I do tolerate it in cereal once a month or so, but I just dampen the cereal with it. BUT turn milk into ice cream or custard or a milkshake, it's good.

Apparently, Burger King's shakes are actual milk ice cream. I haven't had one in years, but I learned that about 15 years ago. But, yeah, don't eat McDonald's shakes.

No one in my family drinks milk but they do use it for cereal, but I can't even do that. I'm fine with ice cream and milkshakes but sometimes I can taste the milk and I just can't eat/drink it.

CrossCourt~Rally
Mar 16th, 2012, 05:42 AM
Orangina :drool:

Mary Cherry.
Mar 16th, 2012, 05:46 AM
I never understood why so many people hate drinking milk. If I'm ever really thirsty I love having a big glass of milk.

Mind you, most of the time I buy skimmed milk so it's kind of watery anyway, maybe that's why it's easy to drink.

Pops Maellard
Mar 16th, 2012, 10:15 AM
I love fizzy drinks. And fizzy grape juice too. Yum :lick:.

Pops Maellard
Mar 16th, 2012, 10:17 AM
I never understood why so many people hate drinking milk. If I'm ever really thirsty I love having a big glass of milk.

Mind you, most of the time I buy skimmed milk so it's kind of watery anyway, maybe that's why it's easy to drink.
At work I drink milk. In the staff-room there's all the free milk we can drink :lol:.

Londoner
Mar 16th, 2012, 10:44 AM
Wow

I know!:lol: I have a cup permanently by my side, along with a bottle of fizzy water. I'm forever running off to the loo!

Mynarco
Mar 16th, 2012, 10:58 AM
I never understand why people drink sparkling water. I bought one bottle by mistake when doing groceries, I gave it a try and :sobbing: just don't like it

Oermi
Mar 16th, 2012, 03:37 PM
COFFEE!! juice, ice tea and hot chocolate :hearts::hearts:

CrossCourt~Rally
Mar 16th, 2012, 09:54 PM
I love fizzy drinks. And fizzy grape juice too. Yum :lick:.

Do they have Orange Julius in Australia? :drool:

Pops Maellard
Mar 16th, 2012, 10:01 PM
I'm from New Zealand, and nah I don't think so :p.

Melange
Mar 16th, 2012, 10:35 PM

I wish they did, that stuff is like crack :drool:

Archer16
Mar 16th, 2012, 10:52 PM
1) Sprite
2) Tea (I get to drink mostly cinnamon, chamomile, mint, vanilla or Earl Grey; occasionally verbal tea. Don't like the fruity ones)
3) Fruit Juices (mostly home-made lemonade)
Does anyone hate milk?

Me too.
I tried drinking coffee a couple of times and couldn't stand it either.

CrossCourt~Rally
Mar 16th, 2012, 10:57 PM
I'm from New Zealand, and nah I don't think so :p.

Oops, sorry :p The original Orange Julius is the best fizzy drink ever :lick:

CrossCourt~Rally
Mar 16th, 2012, 11:09 PM
I wish they did, that stuff is like crack :drool:

:lol: Crack is whack, but Orange Julius is :drool:

nevetssllim
Mar 16th, 2012, 11:22 PM
I never understand why people drink sparkling water. I bought one bottle by mistake when doing groceries, I gave it a try and :sobbing: just don't like it

This! I can't stand it. When I was in Budapest, I didn't realise blue-lidded water was actually sparkling water (unlike in the UK) and I kept making the same mistake throughout my trip. :o

Sammo
Mar 16th, 2012, 11:41 PM

Its my favourite drink when I'm thirsty, I love it! But when I'm not, meh...

Blu€
Mar 17th, 2012, 12:05 AM
I hate sparkling water too, it's soooooo :o yuk! Reminds me of those fizzy tablets you take when you have a cold.

Sammo
Mar 17th, 2012, 12:10 AM
Right now, after dinner, I'm drinking a herbal tea from Hornimans consistent of Peppermint, Lime, and Aloe Vera, with a big spoon of eucalyptus honey. It's delicious... :drool:

Pops Maellard
Mar 17th, 2012, 12:11 AM
Is sparkling water like soda water? I've never had it :unsure:.

Blu€
Mar 17th, 2012, 12:25 AM

I'm not familiar with the soda term, since we don't use it over here but according to wikipedia, yes it's basically the same.
I don't mind tonic water though :lol:

Pops Maellard
Mar 17th, 2012, 12:44 AM
I'm not familiar with the soda term, since we don't use it over here but according to wikipedia, yes it's basically the same.
In that case, disgusting! :help:

bulava
Mar 17th, 2012, 07:58 AM
others

http://www.coconutwaterlife.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/coconut-water-benefits.png

Londoner
Mar 18th, 2012, 01:54 AM

Actually it's not the same!

Soda water has additives which gives it a slightly salty flavour. I think they add a small amount of bicarbonate, but I may be wrong. I still like it on holiday at dinner because I don't drink wine or beer. Some add it to whiskey, which is sacrilege in my view as whiskey should be neat, on the rocks (only 1 ice cube) or diluted with still water.

Sparkling water is simply water carbonated to make it fizzy. With ice and lemon I like it instead of wine. I also use it with squash - a healthier version of a fizzy drink like Fanta.

Londoner
Mar 18th, 2012, 01:57 AM

Then Wikipedia is incorrect! Soda water is not plain water, which sparkling water is.;)

lefty24
Mar 18th, 2012, 04:40 AM
I don't like fizzy drinks in general. They hurt my throat.

lympyisthebest
Mar 18th, 2012, 07:17 AM

Best hangover cure!

DemWilliamsGulls
Mar 18th, 2012, 01:03 PM
i can drink water with anything...pizza, cookies, mexican, chinese, soul food, anything! lol

AliceMariaRenka
Mar 18th, 2012, 01:33 PM
Tea and water - I wouldn't be a happy bunny without either!

You can keep Coca Cola and Pepsi and other so called soft drinks - they are marsha and taste of chemicals!

hellas719
Mar 20th, 2012, 03:04 AM
Iced tea :lol:

wta_zuperfann
Mar 20th, 2012, 03:48 PM
My favorite drink is horchata (@ any Spaniard:lol:)

Come to think of it, I have not had horchata de ajonjoli in quite a while:

https://encrypted-tbn3.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTxKasQhH9e7kv_Z5lAQ6j4KcKZQm-NYsTh0VkBKjkveWuCnRdpkA

... will have to remedy that soon. :)

ajonjoli milk shake:

sesame seeds (pulverized into powder form)

milk

sweetened cream

sugar or honey

Use as many or as little of these ingredients as you see fit.

Steven.
Mar 20th, 2012, 10:15 PM
I'm surprised nobody has said fruit smoothies.... any Aussie here addicted to Boost Juice's smoothies as well? :drool:

and I love sugarcane juice. It's absolutely perfect. Not too sweet and definitely thirst quenching.

oh and chai latte is absolutely fabulous as well.

watchdogfish
Mar 21st, 2012, 12:09 AM
Does no one here besides me love limeade. :tears: There was a little hamburger stand near me that sold their own fresh limeade, it was the greatest thing ever. I also really love aloe vera drinks.

No because over here limeade is a hideous neon green colour, basically looks like liquid kryptonite :help:

---

My favourite drinks are Ceylon tea, Earl Grey tea and fresh apple juice :drool:

Sam L
Apr 11th, 2012, 11:08 AM
Cold weather: Cappuccino
Hot weather: Chinotto

Mikey.
Apr 11th, 2012, 11:32 AM
Coke Zero or iced tea.

Aloe vera drinks are amazing. :worship:

KournikovaFan91
Apr 11th, 2012, 11:47 AM
L&P Baby :lol:

I'll miss it when I go back to Ireland in July.

bulava
Apr 12th, 2012, 09:04 AM
After having lunch, we enjoyed with chilled Mango Lassi :lick:

http://www.hindu.com/mp/2010/05/08/images/2010050850410201.jpg

goat
Apr 12th, 2012, 09:06 AM
H2o

McPie
Apr 12th, 2012, 03:27 PM
too many :p as I'm not good at alcohol drinking ;)

Invisible Fan
Apr 12th, 2012, 05:26 PM
Apple Juice. But I can only have one glass a day as my Dentist said it's bad for my teeth. So the rest of the time I drink water.

shap_half
Apr 12th, 2012, 05:32 PM
Water is my favorite drink of all time.

Wine is next.

Charlatan
Apr 12th, 2012, 06:19 PM
smoothies :inlove:
punch :drink:

Sammo
Apr 12th, 2012, 09:41 PM
After having lunch, we enjoyed with chilled Mango Lassi :lick:

http://www.hindu.com/mp/2010/05/08/images/2010050850410201.jpg

Woo that looks great, but I searched it in Google images and it looks much more... dense.

bulava
Apr 13th, 2012, 09:41 AM
Woo that looks great, but I searched it in Google images and it looks much more... dense.
It could be served in variety of ways, one is to dilute it as per the customer's wish. Actually, I prefer less viscous.

If anyone interested to make this one:
http://www.compulsivefoodie.com/2012/04/09/mango-lassi/

Sammo
Apr 13th, 2012, 03:27 PM
Well that looks great but it still doesn't look near as gorgeous as the picture you posted. It just looks so liquid and reddish orange and... so tasty :drool:

VeeJJ
Apr 13th, 2012, 04:52 PM
Milk. I drink a lot of it. Alwas have loved it.