PDA

View Full Version : Question for two-handed forehanders

Sam L
Mar 12th, 2012, 11:01 AM
Do you have trouble hitting an inside out forehand? Almost always mine goes cross court - although with that I can get some very nice angles.

To hit it, I have to take a closed stance and really position myself for it and even then it goes more to the middle of the court. On returns, forget it.

What do you think?

Ferg
Mar 12th, 2012, 10:15 PM
I can only really hit it on returns when I catch the ball slightly late, other than that I have real difficulty, at this stage I've just stopped hitting it. I'd probably go dtl about 70% of the time because it forces players onto my backhand. My backhand is a lot better than my forehand so I would sooner run around my backhand than the forehand. Im right handed but play with my left hand on the base of the racket though so wouldnt be entirely sure what to call my forehand or backhand... Even watching Marion play she seems to rarely hit them. Im sure its possible, just very hard.

Sam L
Mar 14th, 2012, 12:14 PM
I can only really hit it on returns when I catch the ball slightly late, other than that I have real difficulty, at this stage I've just stopped hitting it. I'd probably go dtl about 70% of the time because it forces players onto my backhand. My backhand is a lot better than my forehand so I would sooner run around my backhand than the forehand. Im right handed but play with my left hand on the base of the racket though so wouldnt be entirely sure what to call my forehand or backhand... Even watching Marion play she seems to rarely hit them. Im sure its possible, just very hard.
I can hit dtl. I just struggle with inside out. But I mean I would never run around my backhand to hit a forehand anyway so I guess this isn't really a problem. Just wanted to know others' thoughts. ;)