PDA

View Full Version : Duets (Kelly Clarkson, Robin Thicke, John Legend, Jennifer Nettle in ABC)

M.P
Mar 9th, 2012, 03:08 PM
Trailor:
http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?v=10151376381535103

ABC's Duets Lands Kelly Clarkson, Robin Thicke, Lionel Richie, Jennifer Nettles

ABC is entering the crowded singing competition arena, but with four hefty names: Kelly Clarkson, Lionel Richie, Robin Thicke and Sugarland's Jennifer Nettles. The four superstars will serve as mentors and singing partners on Duets, which will premiere this summer.

The show will feature Clarkson, Nettles, Richie and Thicke as they scout for talent across the country. The four will ultimately choose two singers as their duet partners, and together each week, the star and his/her prot嶲� will perform on stage. One duet will eventually win, with the amateur receiving a recording contract from Disney's Hollywood Records label.

"The simple fact that I get to go out and find two people that I believe in, sing with them every week, and help them accomplish their dream is an amazing thing that I can't wait to be a part of," Clarkson says.

Adds Richie: "My goal will be to focus on developing true artistry and giving them the tools necessary to be creative artists instead of created artists... I am eager to pass along a few of the nuggets of wisdom that I have received throughout my 40-year career."

"The concept of Duets is so fresh because its mentoring is active and participatory," Nettles says. Adds Thicke, "The format is unlike anything that's out there right now and the opportunity to work with such talent, both the other artists and contestants, is definitely going to make for an exciting competition."

Duets comes from executive producer Robert Deaton, who also produces the Country Music Association awards for ABC through his Keep Calm and Carry On Productions.

Imperfect Angel
Mar 9th, 2012, 03:12 PM
Jennifer vs Kelly :drool:
Robin :hearts:
Lionel :dance:

Rocketta
May 26th, 2012, 05:17 PM
They changed it and added John Legend but I enjoyed the first show!

My fav performances were ...

54TkyqskQmE

and

cWCLxMASSpw

M.P
May 26th, 2012, 06:15 PM
Stay was great
Kelly better do better next week!

the jamierbelyea
May 26th, 2012, 06:21 PM
Jennifer Nettles is so amazingly talented, and she certainly picked two singers who complimented her bluesy strong voice well.

Where as Kelly sucked with her two choices. That pink haired girl was trying to her best Kelly impression, but when you're singing with the girl it's not going to happen. Kelly will benefit from singing songs that weren't originally hers I think.