PDA

View Full Version : The Latin America situation thread

donellcarey
Mar 6th, 2012, 08:15 PM
Hi guys.

I'm Chinese and I temporarily work for a Chinese company here in Quito, Ecuador.

Actually I just arrived here for 5 months, I know I may not be capable of talking about this topic with such short time here in Latin America. But today 2 things happen around me that leads me to making this thread. I witnessed a robbery that 2 men in a motorcycle robbed the mobile phone of a girl; my colleague's relative just got murdered for a robbery. I'm awared that those kind of things happen in every single country every day, but still the percentage is quite high here in Latin America. And with all the news I've got on the current society status of this land, man it's quite depressing.

So I start this thread, maybe we can talk about it or something. And some locals can help us understand the situation on this land better.

:)

Nicolás89
Mar 6th, 2012, 09:00 PM
I witnessed a robbery that 2 men in a motorcycle robbed the mobile phone of a girl; my colleague's relative just got murdered for a robbery.

:)

I never witnessed a robbery in my life. You really have some *luck* for these things. :unsure: :lol:

donellcarey
Mar 6th, 2012, 09:03 PM
I never witnessed a robbery in my life. You really have some *luck* for these things. :unsure: :lol:

Oh c'mon it's Chile, one of the most secure countries on this land:rolleyes:

The other day when I went to the Plaza Forch, which is the center of entertainment here in Quito, I saw a few guys threatening another, and one of them is with a gun. That's like LA ZONA MAS ANIMADA of the city and there were a lot of ppl, I was in the taxi and I freaked out, I was like "C'mon senior vamos un poco mas rapidito" :o

Nicolás89
Mar 6th, 2012, 09:34 PM

The other day when I went to the Plaza Forch, which is the center of entertainment here in Quito, I saw a few guys threatening another, and one of them is with a gun. That's like LA ZONA MAS ANIMADA of the city and there were a lot of ppl, I was in the taxi and I freaked out, I was like "C'mon senior vamos un poco mas rapidito" :o

Don't be fooled Chile can be a very dangerous place in populated cities and at night.

donellcarey
Mar 6th, 2012, 09:43 PM
Don't be fooled Chile can be a very dangerous place in populated cities and at night.

lol alrighty but still, there's no comparison between Chile and some other countries like Venezuela, Ecuador or Bolivia:angel:

Danči Dementia
Mar 6th, 2012, 09:44 PM
The goverments are tools filled with corrupted people drunk with power, that cares about their own benefict or that of the group, combine that with the fact that most latinamerican countries have lots of useless lazy scumbags that go and take the "easy way out" by becoming robbers or dealers. ironically, easy way out with no way out, specially for dealers. The economic situation is hard, many go to the "dark side" pushed by desperation and feeling powerless to not to be able to support their families after losing a job or just because they´re being lazy :shrug:

It is indeed depressing, very much so, in my case, México, arguably the most violent and unsafe place in latinamerica right now, people gets killed everywhere, every day, gunshots are the new sound of the night, I don´t feel safe when taking a walk afternoon, I´ve witnessed some nasty stuff which I think was more about a "being at the wrong place at the wrong time" thing, people is tired of what´s going on, there is nothing left of the México I remembered when I was a child(not that it was a paradise back then, but in compairason to now, yes), the image has been stained forever. And the future is not looking bright either, usually when it comes to my country(and also the rest of latinamerica) I´m quite idealistic, thinking things will be much better one day, but now even if I try, I just can´t be anymore. The crime and corruption network has gotten way too big, affacting all areas, we´re doomed. I just wanna get the fuck out of here.:sad:

for what its worth, the mayority, we are good ppl like no other in the world :sobbing: but unfortunately the scumbags living here are overpowering.

Nicolás89
Mar 6th, 2012, 09:45 PM
lol alrighty but still, there's no comparison between Chile and some other countries like Venezuela, Ecuador or Bolivia:angel:

Can't say. Argentina seems like a very safe place too from what I've experienced.

Milito22
Mar 6th, 2012, 09:55 PM

many chileans, colombians, peruvian, paraguayans and uruguayans poor and marginalized(delincuents) are living in my country... my city(the worst place in the world to live) and surrounding areas over 70% of people are chilean :mad:

Hi guys.

I'm Chinese and I temporarily work for a Chinese company here in Quito, Ecuador.

:hug:
my eldest bro was working in Ecuador recently :D

donellcarey
Mar 6th, 2012, 10:00 PM
many chileans, colombians, peruvian, paraguayans and uruguayans poor and marginalized(delincuents) are living in my country... my city(the worst place in the world to live) and surrounding areas over 70% of people are chilean :mad:

:hug:
my eldest bro was working in Ecuador recently :D

Well some Colombians are living in Ecuador too, which my local friends say, bring new technology of robbery:lol:

In which city your bro work? Quito or Guayaquil?:hug:

doni1212
Mar 6th, 2012, 10:04 PM
This thread makes me want to bump the Speaking Spanish thread...

Milito22
Mar 6th, 2012, 10:06 PM
Well some Colombians are living in Ecuador too, which my local friends say, bring new technology of robbery:lol:

In which city your bro work? Quito or Guayaquil?:hug:

Quito :wavey:

donellcarey
Mar 6th, 2012, 10:18 PM
This thread makes me want to bump the Speaking Spanish thread...

Haha DO IT gurl:cheer:

donellcarey
Mar 6th, 2012, 10:19 PM
Quito :wavey:

Rly? lol

In which company is he working?

donellcarey
Mar 6th, 2012, 10:21 PM
The goverments are tools filled with corrupted people drunk with power, that cares about their own benefict or that of the group, combine that with the fact that most latinamerican countries have lots of useless lazy scumbags that go and take the "easy way out" by becoming robbers or dealers. ironically, easy way out with no way out, specially for dealers. The economic situation is hard, many go to the "dark side" pushed by desperation and feeling powerless to not to be able to support their families after losing a job or just because they´re being lazy :shrug:

It is indeed depressing, very much so, in my case, México, arguably the most violent and unsafe place in latinamerica right now, people gets killed everywhere, every day, gunshots are the new sound of the night, I don´t feel safe when taking a walk afternoon, I´ve witnessed some nasty stuff which I think was more about a "being at the wrong place at the wrong time" thing, people is tired of what´s going on, there is nothing left of the México I remembered when I was a child(not that it was a paradise back then, but in compairason to now, yes), the image has been stained forever. And the future is not looking bright either, usually when it comes to my country(and also the rest of latinamerica) I´m quite idealistic, thinking things will be much better one day, but now even if I try, I just can´t be anymore. The crime and corruption network has gotten way too big, affacting all areas, we´re doomed. I just wanna get the fuck out of here.:sad:

for what its worth, the mayority, we are good ppl like no other in the world :sobbing: but unfortunately the scumbags living here are overpowering.

Mexico is a mess:help:

But still, no comparison to Caracas:lol:

Milito22
Mar 6th, 2012, 10:23 PM
Rly? lol

In which company is he working?

dont know but hes still waiting for the money (dollars) :sobbing: :tape:

Nicolás89
Mar 6th, 2012, 10:33 PM

Sure argentines aren't *delicuents*.

Milito22
Mar 6th, 2012, 10:40 PM
Sure argentines aren't *delicuents*.

come to my city :help:

in Argentina there are no immigration controls in the border :fiery:

Nicolás89
Mar 6th, 2012, 10:50 PM
come to my city :help:

in Argentina there are no immigration controls in the border :fiery:

And which is your city?

And how come did I have to wait 4 hours at Paso Los Libertadores so they will let me cross to Mendoza last December?

Milito22
Mar 6th, 2012, 11:04 PM
And which is your city?

And how come did I have to wait 4 hours at Paso Los Libertadores so they will let me cross to Mendoza last December?

Mendoza is in the high mountains is very difficult to cross the border without passing through immigration control

i live in Neuquen or The Hell :mad:

donellcarey
Mar 7th, 2012, 12:08 AM
Alright I just remembered that argentinos & chilenos have history...:tape:

Nicolás89
Mar 7th, 2012, 12:12 AM
Alright I just remembered that argentinos & chilenos have history...:tape:

No no, they have history with us. Like right now they are angry with us because chileans living in the faklands/malvinas do not want Argentine intervention.

Anyway this has nothing to do with the poster above. :lol:

donellcarey
Mar 7th, 2012, 12:14 AM
Ya basta chicos...pero sí es una situación actual también lo que dices Matías...pero tenemos que mantener paz o este no va a durar mucho tiempo :tape: