PDA

View Full Version : Indian Wells and Miami

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Siderophyre
Mar 6th, 2012, 12:34 AM
Just seen the draw. May have to go into seclusion.

Maria has a cakewalk to the QF, Sam not so. Nadia, Kiri and Sabine lurk...

Stosur v Bye
Falconi v Dulgheru
Davis v Martic
Bye v Petrova
Kirilenko v Bye
Begu v Hradecka
Martinez Sanchez v Dominguez Lino
Bye v Lisicki

Cibulkova v Bye
Qualifier v Rybarikova
Brianti v Soler-Espinosa
Bye v Vinci
Cetkovska v Bye
Qualifier v Halep
Dulko v Dokic
Bye v Sharapova

Huntress55
Mar 6th, 2012, 01:52 AM
Hmmm that is tough. I think she can get past Kiri or Nadia, and it just depends which Sabine shows up. If she got to the quarters Id be very happy.

SilverPersian
Mar 6th, 2012, 02:01 AM
Le sigh.

I really think that she *should* beat everybody in that section and end up facing Masha in the quarters. Petrova has been in terrible form this year (IIRC), Lisicki hasn't been brilliant, and Maria has been a little bit up and down. Hradecka and MMJS could be dangerous as well.

But there is a lot of potential for tricky matches there. I wish Sammy and Masha could exchange places. She has an absolute cakewalk :(

Theodoropen
Mar 6th, 2012, 03:18 AM
Fuck, I dunno. Petrova has been shite so far this season, and Kirilenko has been struggling somewhat too. Lisiski has been hit or miss, but then, so has Sam.

Does anyone remember how fast the the IW courts are? They had better be slower than Dubai's.

Sam's draw somewhat resembles her USO 2011 draw. Just saying...

SilverPersian
Mar 6th, 2012, 05:28 AM
I think IW is one of the slower hardcourts.

My impression was that IW/Miami is the "slow" American hardcourt season, and the USO series is the "fast" American hardcourt season.

stromatolite
Mar 6th, 2012, 05:43 AM
Not an ideal draw, but it could have been a lot worse IMO. Some tough match-ups for sure, but you'd have to back Sam to beat all of these girls except maybe Maria on slow hardcourts. And Maria's the second-best QF opponent she could have drawn. Not saying Sam will beat her, but she has a better chance than against Vika or Petra.

UPDATE: just realized that if Sam gets past Maria she would potentially face Caro in the SF. I know it's not going to happen, but ....

stromatolite
Mar 6th, 2012, 06:23 AM
Does anyone know if Sam and Casey are playing doubles again?

SilverPersian
Mar 6th, 2012, 06:28 AM
UPDATE: just realized that if Sam gets past Maria she would potentially face Caro in the SF. I know it's not going to happen, but ....

It could...Maria was expected to waltz her way through the USOpen draw when she was expected to face Sam, but crashed out unexpectedly. And she didn't do well at Paris a couple of weeks ago. Also, at least Sam knows that she *can* beat her.

At this period of time we shouldn't assume that Caro will be making the semis either :P

stromatolite
Mar 6th, 2012, 06:47 AM
Petrova has been in terrible form this year (IIRC), Lisicki hasn't been brilliant, and Maria has been a little bit up and down. Hradecka and MMJS could be dangerous as well.

But there is a lot of potential for tricky matches there.

Fuck, I dunno. Petrova has been shite so far this season, and Kirilenko has been struggling somewhat too. Lisiski has been hit or miss, but then, so has Sam.

The frustrating thing is how often players like these suddenly turn into top 5 players when they run into Sam. I doubt that Kiri has ever played as well as she did in her 3 matches against Sam last year, ditto Cirstea at the AO and Doha this year. Sam is the opposite to Maria and Vika in that respect. Good players suddenly turn into hopeless scrubs when they play them. :fiery:

Sam's draw somewhat resembles her USO 2011 draw. Just saying...

The big question is whether IW Sam will resemble USO Sam :unsure:

It could...Maria was expected to waltz her way through the USOpen draw when she was expected to face Sam, but crashed out unexpectedly. And she didn't do well at Paris a couple of weeks ago. Also, at least Sam knows that she *can* beat her.

At this period of time we shouldn't assume that Caro will be making the semis either :P

Yeah, how unusual that the WTA is so unpredictable :lol:

dok-stos
Mar 6th, 2012, 08:04 AM
Go Sam :cheer:

SilverPersian
Mar 6th, 2012, 08:54 AM
The frustrating thing is how often players like these suddenly turn into top 5 players when they run into Sam. I doubt that Kiri has ever played as well as she did in her 3 matches against Sam last year, ditto Cirstea at the AO and Doha this year. Sam is the opposite to Maria and Vika in that respect. Good players suddenly turn into hopeless scrubs when they play them. :fiery::

This so much :sobbing: I think it's because Sam has a reputation for being a little bit flakey, so people see it as their best chance for a top ten win.

stromatolite
Mar 6th, 2012, 09:16 AM
^You're right of course. Maria's always got this attitude of "I know you're playing well and I'm playing like crap, but I'm still going to crush you". Sam just doesn't have that killer attitude, so other players (except Na and Vera ;)) always feel that they have a chance.

Siderophyre
Mar 6th, 2012, 10:46 AM
^You're right of course. Maria's always got this attitude of "I know you're playing well and I'm playing like crap, but I'm still going to crush you". Sam just doesn't have that killer attitude, so other players (except Na and Vera ;)) always feel that they have a chance.

Babolat says Sam 'The Assassin' Stosur will terminate all!

http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/417227_10150558924769209_130357434208_9184883_1110 215301_n.jpg

stromatolite
Mar 6th, 2012, 12:09 PM
Babolat says Sam 'The Assassin' Stosur will terminate all!

http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/417227_10150558924769209_130357434208_9184883_1110 215301_n.jpg

I don't know what substance their marketing department is on, but I think I need to take some of it during Sam's matches :lol:

Huntress55
Mar 6th, 2012, 01:55 PM
Maybe its cause she seems so quiet but is capable of such deadly shots... like a sneaky assassin :p

Anyways Im not expecting too much but I cant help but want her to do well, so then I also cant help but think that when I dont expect much or the draw seems particular hard Sam surprises me but then that leads back to expecting too much and I just end up feeling worse if she loses. Its such hard work haha.

stromatolite
Mar 6th, 2012, 02:49 PM
Maybe its cause she seems so quiet but is capable of such deadly shots... like a sneaky assassin :p

This is pretty plausible actually, at least on those occasions when her deadly shots come off.:unsure: I can't help thinking of the USO final (again!): Sam tore Serena from limb to limb, but looked like an angel from start to finish :hearts:

plokploky
Mar 6th, 2012, 07:07 PM
Falconi/Dulgheru-if she fails against these people, then she ain't winning RG. Even if they play their best, her 40% is enough to beat them, or at least, it should be.

Davis/Martic/Petrova-I actually think martic is going through in this section, cause petrova was hilariously bad last time she played and martic in is good form, and again sam should be able to beat these players even when not fully on.

Kirilenko/Begu/Hradecka/Martinez Sanchez/Dominguez Lino/Lisicki-I want hradecka to come through, but if she can beat begu and kirilenko, then sam probabliy won't win. But that won't happen:sobbing:. If lisicki makes it far enough to face sam, then she's going to win unfortunately. When sabine can beat as consistent a player as maria, then sam won't have a chance, but if its kiri that makes it through, then I think sam has a good chance to make QFs.

From then on, god knows.

Siderophyre
Mar 6th, 2012, 07:27 PM
Falconi/Dulgheru-if she fails against these people, then she ain't winning RG. Even if they play their best, her 40% is enough to beat them, or at least, it should be.

Davis/Martic/Petrova-I actually think martic is going through in this section, cause petrova was hilariously bad last time she played and martic in is good form, and again sam should be able to beat these players even when not fully on.

Kirilenko/Begu/Hradecka/Martinez Sanchez/Dominguez Lino/Lisicki-I want hradecka to come through, but if she can beat begu and kirilenko, then sam probabliy won't win. But that won't happen:sobbing:. If lisicki makes it far enough to face sam, then she's going to win unfortunately. When sabine can beat as consistent a player as maria, then sam won't have a chance, but if its kiri that makes it through, then I think sam has a good chance to make QFs.

From then on, god knows.

Totally agree on Martic. I was just looking at the draw and came to the same conclusion as you Martic gets through and Sam should be OK.

As for Sabine - I really don't think she would beat Sam. She's done it once out of 5 times I think. She's been playing crap lately and quite frankly she can rarely hit more than 4 shots in a row without an error. If her serve is really on it could be tight, but her second serve really is rubbish. I'd actually be slightly more worried about Kiri, because she seems to get really psyched to play Sam. Again, though, her form hasn't been great.

I'll say I'm cautiously optimistic - but now watch her lose to Dulgheru in straights. :bigcry:

SilverPersian
Mar 7th, 2012, 02:34 AM
Does anyone know if Sam and Casey are playing doubles again?

Yep, they're up against Klepac and Rosolska. Hopefully they can get a win this time :scared:

stromatolite
Mar 7th, 2012, 07:05 AM
^Sounds promising! Casey and Ash Barty beat them easily in Brisbane in January, so surely with Sam on her side they can get a win this time as well.

SilverPersian
Mar 9th, 2012, 02:03 AM
Falconi got through her first round match because her opponent pulled out.

She is 5"4' :banana:

Theodoropen
Mar 9th, 2012, 05:49 AM
I think IW is one of the slower hardcourts.

My impression was that IW/Miami is the "slow" American hardcourt season, and the USO series is the "fast" American hardcourt season.

Belated thanks for this! :wavey:

Falconi is only 4 feet 5 inches tall? :eek:

:lol: Sorry for being such an imperial measurement pedant. That messed with my eyes for a moment until I finally figured out what was up.

Theodoropen
Mar 9th, 2012, 05:56 AM
Sam and Casey should win their first match but I'm not sure how much further they'll go. It doesn't seem like a pairing made in heaven but it's hard to tell what the deal is when we haven't been able to see them play. I'm speculating that the no-ad scoring is messing them up. :shrug:

On a general note, I wish they would fecking hurry up and start streaming the tournament. :fiery:

stromatolite
Mar 9th, 2012, 06:46 AM

:lol: Sorry for being such an imperial measurement pedant. That messed with my eyes for a moment until I finally figured out what was up.

Funny that heights are about the only thing that I still find easier in imperial measures. If you'd said that she was 1.63m I would have had to spend about 10 mins converting it to feet an inches (not inches and feet:lol:) before letting out a woohoo. Actually I already let out a woohoo before I knew she was vertically challenged, based on her 100 ranking, her 3-7 WL this year, the fact that she hasn't beaten a top 100 player since the USO, and the fact that she only got through to R2 because Dulgheru retired. In fact, with all these things going for her, Sam's bound to lose this match :help:

stromatolite
Mar 9th, 2012, 07:01 AM
Sam and Casey should win their first match but I'm not sure how much further they'll go. It doesn't seem like a pairing made in heaven but it's hard to tell what the deal is when we haven't been able to see them play. I'm speculating that the no-ad scoring is messing them up. :shrug:

On a general note, I wish they would fecking hurry up and start streaming the tournament. :fiery:

Sam and Casey are 4th up on court 8, which means they'll have to do without my moral support this time around (saving my sleepless nights for Sam's singles matches). You're right about the ad rule I think, from what I've seen they've lost a lot of games from deuce. Even discounting that, their doubles pairing hasn't gotten off to a very good start, which is strange because I'm pretty sure Casey is a decent doubles player and Sam's record speaks for itself. I fancy them to beat Klepac and Rosolska.

SilverPersian
Mar 9th, 2012, 08:03 AM

Whoops. I must have missed school the day we learnt which way round the " and " went :lol:

In less good news, Lauren Davis somehow beat Martic today, which means that Petrova will probably be waiting for Sam in R3.

stromatolite
Mar 9th, 2012, 09:51 AM
Whoops. I must have missed school the day we learnt which way round the " and " went :lol:

In less good news, Lauren Davis somehow beat Martic today, which means that Petrova will probably be waiting for Sam in R3.

I would have been more nervous about Martic tbh. She's had quite a good season to date, but Nadia's has been terrible. It wouldn't even shock me that much if Lauren Davis beat her the way she's been playing. If that happens she'll come at Sam bent on revenge for the ignominious introduction to big girl's tennis she gave her at last year's AO ;)

SilverPersian
Mar 9th, 2012, 10:02 AM
Yeah, but like you said in another post, I'm not entirely convinced that Petrova won't suddenly return to top 3 form the instant she steps out on court against Sam :lol:

stromatolite
Mar 9th, 2012, 10:54 AM
Nadia's got the weapons to hurt Sam for sure, and she's arguably an even bigger headcase, so could well start playing out of her skin at precisely the moment when things seem most hopeless. I'm not ruling anything out at this stage, but realistically I think Sam should expect to progress to the 4th round at least. If she gets that far it I think it would be a good thing for her to have played a big hitter like Nadia, that could help prepare her for what I think will be more serious opposition from Sabine or Kiri.

SilverPersian
Mar 10th, 2012, 02:01 AM
Samacqua won 62 60 :banana:

stromatolite
Mar 10th, 2012, 02:55 AM
Woohoo, first win together for Sam and Casey! :cheer: And what a scoreline!

Theodoropen
Mar 10th, 2012, 08:42 AM
I'm ashamed to say that after a time, I started focusing on the Vika vs. Mona match much more than the Samacqua match - well, insofar as staring at livescores can be called 'focusing'. I'm just glad that they won by a nice healthy scoreline. :cheer:

It's tempting to think ahead to the possible 3R against Petrova, but I'm going to do my level best to stick to the 'one match at a time' mentality. Where's Mojobackhand when we need 'em? :music:

tenniscrazy84
Mar 10th, 2012, 11:50 PM
*2-0

tenniscrazy84
Mar 10th, 2012, 11:52 PM
3-0*

tenniscrazy84
Come on Sammy!!!!

stromatolite
Nice start Sammy!

stromatolite
Mar 10th, 2012, 11:56 PM
4-0! This is almost too easy :unsure:

plokploky
Mar 10th, 2012, 11:57 PM
The final scoreline will prbably be something like 6-0 6-7 6-0 :sobbing:

stromatolite
Mar 10th, 2012, 11:57 PM
5-0! Go for the bagel Sammy!

stromatolite
Mar 10th, 2012, 11:58 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol:

tenniscrazy84
Mar 10th, 2012, 11:58 PM
5-0*

tenniscrazy84
Mar 10th, 2012, 11:59 PM

:happy:

tenniscrazy84
Mar 11th, 2012, 12:01 AM
2 set points

tenniscrazy84
6-0 ;)

stromatolite
Bagel complete! Blink and you'd have missed that set

stromatolite
Mar 11th, 2012, 12:02 AM
Sam's first bagel set this year! Be nice if she could make it a pair

annetcl
Mar 11th, 2012, 12:08 AM
Sam's first bagel set this year! Be nice if she could make it a pair

Bagels are always nice:) hope she can stay focused in the second set! :bounce:

stromatolite
Mar 11th, 2012, 12:09 AM
6-0 2-0! Jeez I hope Mum and Dad Falconi aren't watching this :sobbing:

tenniscrazy84
Mar 11th, 2012, 12:11 AM
3-0*

annetcl
Mar 11th, 2012, 12:13 AM
Apparently Sammy is doing a lot of serving and volleying. Pity no coverage on tv. Always love to see Sammy trying different things.

stromatolite
Mar 11th, 2012, 12:14 AM
Love game to Falconi, so no double bagel. Sam needs to stay focused now.

tenniscrazy84
Mar 11th, 2012, 12:15 AM
*3-1 :(

stromatolite
Mar 11th, 2012, 12:15 AM
Apparently Sammy is doing a lot of serving and volleying. Pity no coverage on tv. Always love to see Sammy trying different things.

That's a good sign, shows she's feeling pretty good on court.

tenniscrazy84
Mar 11th, 2012, 12:17 AM
4-1*

stromatolite
Mar 11th, 2012, 12:17 AM
First ace for a comfortable hold. Now break Sammy and go for the breadstick!

tenniscrazy84
Mar 11th, 2012, 12:22 AM
*5-1

stromatolite
Double break! Sam to serve for the match. Can she serve it out without any drama?

tenniscrazy84
0-15

tenniscrazy84
Mar 11th, 2012, 12:23 AM
15-15

tenniscrazy84
Mar 11th, 2012, 12:24 AM
30-15

tenniscrazy84
Mar 11th, 2012, 12:24 AM
30-30

tenniscrazy84
Mar 11th, 2012, 12:25 AM
Df 30-40 :(

stromatolite
Serve it out with no drama did I say? Don't I know Sam by now? :lol:

tenniscrazy84
5-2* Wtf?????

annetcl
Mar 11th, 2012, 12:27 AM
I don't think I have ever seen Sam serve out a match at love of close to that! Break her Sammy!

tenniscrazy84
Mar 11th, 2012, 12:28 AM
Come on Sam!!!!!

tenniscrazy84
Mar 11th, 2012, 12:29 AM
*5-3

stromatolite
Mar 11th, 2012, 12:29 AM
5-3. Shit, Sam should be back in the locker room by now :(

tenniscrazy84
Mar 11th, 2012, 12:30 AM
Ace!!!!

stromatolite
Mar 11th, 2012, 12:30 AM
3 aces to bring up MP!

annetcl
Mar 11th, 2012, 12:31 AM
Wow! Come on Sammy!

stromatolite
Mar 11th, 2012, 12:32 AM
GSM Sammy!!! Even with that little hiccup at the end, done and dusted in less than 50 mins. Nice! :worship: :cheer:

tenniscrazy84
Mar 11th, 2012, 12:32 AM
6-0 6-3 http://serve.mysmiley.net/happy/happy0065.gif (http://www.mysmiley.net/free-party-smiles.php)http://serve.mysmiley.net/happy/happy0065.gif (http://www.mysmiley.net/free-party-smiles.php)http://serve.mysmiley.net/happy/happy0065.gif (http://www.mysmiley.net/free-party-smiles.php)

Theodoropen
Mar 11th, 2012, 12:33 AM
Just popping in to say "Fuck yeah, Sammy!" :cheer:

stromatolite
Mar 11th, 2012, 12:33 AM
Just popping in to say "Fuck yeah, Sammy!" :cheer:

And why not? :lol: Nice to see you!

annetcl
Mar 11th, 2012, 12:34 AM
GSM Sammy!!! Even with that little hiccup at the end, done and dusted in less than 50 mins. Nice! :worship: :cheer:

Did she win the final game to love? The wta live score app is not updating properly for me today:(
Sounds like an awesome game to close the match ! :)

stromatolite
Mar 11th, 2012, 12:35 AM
Well it was a long wait for Berdych to finally dispense with Stachovsky, but it was worth the wait. I can handle more matches like that from Sam :)

Keadz
Mar 11th, 2012, 12:35 AM
6-0 6-3 for Sam is pretty much as good as we can get, considering her usual habbit of hobbling over the finish line :p.

Good win :). Hopefully the serve and volley doesn't disapear next match, though the fact she was playing a 5'4 oppenant wold have helped quite a lot.

stromatolite
Mar 11th, 2012, 12:38 AM
Did she win the final game to love? The wta live score app is not updating properly for me today:(
Sounds like an awesome game to close the match ! :)

I think it was to love, but it may have been to 15. She hit 3 aces, then missed a first serve, but I'm a bit hazy on whether she won that point or the next.

annetcl
Mar 11th, 2012, 12:39 AM
I think it was to love, but it may have been to 15. She hit 3 aces, then missed a first serve, but I'm a bit hazy on whether she won that point or the next.

Whatever it was....awesome she hit 3 aces serving for the match ;)

stromatolite
Mar 11th, 2012, 12:46 AM
Whatever it was....awesome she hit 3 aces serving for the match ;)

Yeah, I'm hoping she can show us a bit of this form when they finally get around showing some live coverage.

SilverPersian
Mar 11th, 2012, 01:36 AM
Go SamSam :cheer:

Not very often she bagels someone.

Sabine lost, so chances are this draw is going to be very USOpen flavoured for Sam. Hopefully Maria will get knocked out early like she did at Flushing Meadows as well...

Huntress55
Mar 11th, 2012, 03:25 AM
I totally missed the match, or rather just the livescores but happy to see she won pretty easily :)

tennisforadults
Mar 11th, 2012, 08:12 AM
Go SamSam :cheer:

Not very often she bagels someone.

Sabine lost, so chances are this draw is going to be very USOpen flavoured for Sam. Hopefully Maria will get knocked out early like she did at Flushing Meadows as well...

Not thinking abt Maria until potential QF. Still has to get past Petrova and possibly Kirilenko. Wow this could be USO all over again. The draw is eerily similar.

stromatolite
Mar 11th, 2012, 09:19 AM
Not thinking abt Maria until potential QF. Still has to get past Petrova and possibly Kirilenko. Wow this could be USO all over again. The draw is eerily similar.

Except Vika rather than Serena waiting if Sam reaches the final :unsure:

skymnos
Mar 11th, 2012, 04:24 PM
:bounce: Good win! The last game was :hearts:, even on the scoreboard! Watching the score going from 15-0 and ace #2 to 40-0 and ace #4 was just :hearts:!
3R against Nadia. Again. I will consider this as a good sign. Hopefully, this time it won't last 3h 16min. :p Sam should have this.

SilverPersian
Mar 12th, 2012, 01:11 AM
Sam and Casey got a walkover. They probably would have preferred the matchplay :(

stromatolite
Mar 12th, 2012, 02:13 AM
Sam and Casey got a walkover. They probably would have preferred the matchplay :(

I agree, especially Sam would have like a bit more court time ahead of her match against Nadia. Still, their first QF together: :cheer:

SilverPersian
Mar 12th, 2012, 02:54 AM
It feels like this tournament has been going on forever, and that Sam is somehow still in both the singles and the doubles without hardly playing :lol:

tennisforadults
Mar 12th, 2012, 03:28 AM
Very strange tournament. Lots of walkovers and retirement - wonder what's happening?

stromatolite
Mar 12th, 2012, 07:52 AM
Very strange tournament. Lots of walkovers and retirement - wonder what's happening?

There's a stomach virus going around, I think that's the main cause of the walkovers and retirements. Hope Sam avoids it.

stromatolite
Mar 12th, 2012, 08:02 AM
Just saw the Monday schedule. Sam and Nadia are first up on Stadium 1 at 11am. So finally I'll get to see live coverage of Sam, and won't even have to lose any sleep. Guess the time sucks for you guys in Australia though.

Molly M
Mar 12th, 2012, 09:13 AM
Just saw the Monday schedule. Sam and Nadia are first up on Stadium 1 at 11am. So finally I'll get to see live coverage of Sam, and won't even have to lose any sleep. Guess the time sucks for you guys in Australia though.
:bounce:hurray, I can also watch the match. A very interesting confrontation. Go Sam!

Huntress55
Mar 12th, 2012, 09:14 AM
Thats 4am here in Bris. Ew, guess I should get to bed early tonight or something.

SilverPersian
Mar 12th, 2012, 10:22 AM
5am in Melbourne :D

...that's still pretty bad. I think their match was meant to start at around five or six at the USO, but it got delayed, and then went for four hours and finished about midday :sobbing:

stromatolite
Mar 12th, 2012, 04:51 PM

Just realized that Sam and Casey's next match is a rematch of their Doha match against Benesova and Zahlavova Strycova. If they are starting to click they should be able to make a bit more of a match of it this time, so it's an interesting test for them.

SilverPersian
Mar 12th, 2012, 07:16 PM
Sam down 2-0 :sad:

Petrova is looking very good.

stromatolite
Mar 12th, 2012, 07:17 PM
^and Sam looks jumpy :unsure:

stromatolite
Mar 12th, 2012, 07:23 PM
whew, Sam needed that challenge to go her way

SilverPersian
Mar 12th, 2012, 07:25 PM
BP to go down 4-0 :unsure:

stromatolite
Mar 12th, 2012, 07:26 PM
Sam can't buy a first serve so far

stromatolite
0-4 :(

SilverPersian
:(

Sam just not penetrating today. Where is the aggression she brought out against Bartoli? I wants it.

stromatolite
Mar 12th, 2012, 07:29 PM

Sam just not penetrating today. Where is the aggression she brought out against Bartoli? I wants it.

Everything is landing halfcourt, right into Nadia's comfort zone.

stromatolite
Mar 12th, 2012, 07:31 PM
0-5. God Sam, don't give her a bagel!

tenniscrazy84
Mar 12th, 2012, 07:32 PM
*0-5 :(

SilverPersian
Mar 12th, 2012, 07:32 PM
29% first serves in

Maybe she has the Indian Wells virus, maybe that shocker with JJ scared her a bit, or maybe she's worried about living up to the "epicness" of their last meeting". I dunno.

tenniscrazy84
Mar 12th, 2012, 07:33 PM
Come on Sammy!!!!!

SilverPersian
Mar 12th, 2012, 07:34 PM
She's only hitting winners from her BH at the moment. Maybe she should start running around her FH :confused:

stromatolite
Mar 12th, 2012, 07:35 PM
Set point :(

stromatolite
Mar 12th, 2012, 07:36 PM
Game point!

SilverPersian
Mar 12th, 2012, 07:37 PM
5-1 :banana:

stromatolite
Mar 12th, 2012, 07:38 PM
First ace! Sam's on the board, but she's still got it all to do.

stromatolite
Mar 12th, 2012, 07:39 PM
If she can find her range, Nadia will probably oblige her with some errors. But Sam's putting zero pressure on her at the moment

SilverPersian
Mar 12th, 2012, 07:40 PM
6-1

Oh dearie me. This match could be over very quickly.

stromatolite
First set gone. Okay Sam, time to regroup!

tenniscrazy84
1-6

tenniscrazy84
Mar 12th, 2012, 07:41 PM
she really needs a good start in this second set....Come on Sammy!!!!!!

Siderophyre
Mar 12th, 2012, 07:41 PM
No words...

stromatolite
Mar 12th, 2012, 07:43 PM
0-40. This is shocking

Molly M
Mar 12th, 2012, 07:43 PM
Nooo
Sam, what happens? :scared:

stromatolite
Mar 12th, 2012, 07:44 PM
Sam's playing badly, but at the same time I'd like to know the last time Nadia played this well.

tenniscrazy84
Mar 12th, 2012, 07:45 PM
0-1*..............................

stromatolite
Mar 12th, 2012, 07:45 PM
Sam's not getting a real look at Nadia's serve, so getting this break back isn't going to be easy.

SilverPersian
Mar 12th, 2012, 07:46 PM
I feel like the crowd is trying to get the match going a bit, but Sammy isn't giving them much to work with.

stromatolite
Mar 12th, 2012, 07:49 PM
That should have been a winner :bigcry:

tenniscrazy84
*0-2

SilverPersian
2-0

Yeah, Sam's not coming back from this :sad:

SilverPersian
Mar 12th, 2012, 07:51 PM
*Hits beautiful serve out wide*
*sends next ball right down the middle of the court*

stromatolite
Mar 12th, 2012, 07:51 PM
She's having to work hard for every scarce point

stromatolite
Mar 12th, 2012, 07:52 PM
This is painful to watch

tenniscrazy84
Mar 12th, 2012, 07:53 PM
15-40 ohhhhhhhhh

stromatolite
I have to wonder Sam whether is ill. This is setting a new standard of awfulness for her.

tenniscrazy84
30-40

tenniscrazy84
Mar 12th, 2012, 07:54 PM
Yesssssssssss 40-40

SilverPersian
Hopefully Nadia remembers being a break up and then losing the third set at the USO.

stromatolite
From 15-40 to game. Come on Sammy!

SilverPersian
2-1 :cheer:

stromatolite
Mar 12th, 2012, 07:55 PM
A break now and all needn't be lost.

tenniscrazy84
Mar 12th, 2012, 07:55 PM
1-2* Now lets Break!!!!!

SilverPersian
Mar 12th, 2012, 07:56 PM
Nadia brought her coach out. Maybe she's feeling nervous.

stromatolite
Mar 12th, 2012, 08:00 PM
Nadia brought her coach out. Maybe she's feeling nervous.

I'm sure she's crapping herself :lol:

tenniscrazy84
Mar 12th, 2012, 08:00 PM
*1-3

SilverPersian
Mar 12th, 2012, 08:01 PM
I'm sure she's crapping herself :lol:

:lol:...:sad:

SilverPersian
Mar 12th, 2012, 08:03 PM
3-2

Her FH today is just limp, no depth.

stromatolite
Comfortable hold. Errors are starting to creep into Nadia's game, if only Sam can find a way to capitalize.

tenniscrazy84
2-3*

stromatolite
Mar 12th, 2012, 08:04 PM
Better!

stromatolite
Mar 12th, 2012, 08:05 PM
0-30! Come on Sammy!

stromatolite
Mar 12th, 2012, 08:06 PM
BP Sam!!!!! Come on!!!

SilverPersian
Mar 12th, 2012, 08:07 PM
Sssaaammmmm Take The Bps

stromatolite
Sammy I love you!!! 3-3, game on!!!

SilverPersian
YAS
3-3

Maybe Nadia is shitting herself. She can be a bit of a headcase.

tenniscrazy84
Mar 12th, 2012, 08:08 PM
*3-3 please Hold, please

Molly M
Mar 12th, 2012, 08:08 PM
3-3 :cheer: GO SAM !!!

stromatolite
Mar 12th, 2012, 08:09 PM
Sam is suddenly playing with a lot more conviction, and Nadia is looking jumpy.

SilverPersian
Mar 12th, 2012, 08:11 PM
Am I the only one who's wanting her to hit out with her BH a bit more?

SilverPersian
Mar 12th, 2012, 08:11 PM
Ok. That was a badly timed comment :lol:

Please hold Sam :bigcry:

SilverPersian
Mar 12th, 2012, 08:12 PM
Great FH :D

4-3

stromatolite
Mar 12th, 2012, 08:12 PM
Sam finding her range now. Ahead in the second set!

tenniscrazy84
Mar 12th, 2012, 08:13 PM
Yessssss!!!!!

Siderophyre
Mar 12th, 2012, 08:14 PM
Maybe she finally had some good USO thoughts :yeah:

stromatolite
Mar 12th, 2012, 08:16 PM
30-0 :( Sam's not out of the woods yet

stromatolite
Mar 12th, 2012, 08:18 PM
shit, 4-4

tenniscrazy84
Mar 12th, 2012, 08:18 PM
4-4 :(

SilverPersian
Mar 12th, 2012, 08:19 PM
4-4

tenniscrazy84
Mar 12th, 2012, 08:19 PM
15-0

tenniscrazy84
Mar 12th, 2012, 08:20 PM
15-15 df

tenniscrazy84
15-30

SilverPersian
Noooo don't do it Sam

15-30

tenniscrazy84
30-30

stromatolite
Mar 12th, 2012, 08:21 PM
Risky point, but beautiful!

stromatolite
Bp :(

SilverPersian
...30-40...

tenniscrazy84
30-40 nooooooooooooo

stromatolite
Mar 12th, 2012, 08:22 PM
:sobbing: no words!

tenniscrazy84
Mar 12th, 2012, 08:22 PM

SilverPersian
Mar 12th, 2012, 08:23 PM
5-4 :(

Ok let's all get out our hoodoo magic kits and stop Nadia's first serves landing using some hardcore curses.

tenniscrazy84
What the hell is wrong with Sam's service? Where on earth are the ace's she used to hit?

stromatolite
Only hope is that Nadia has a complete mental breakdown.

tenniscrazy84
Mar 12th, 2012, 08:24 PM
Break!!!

SilverPersian
0-15

stromatolite
0-15!

SilverPersian
Mar 12th, 2012, 08:25 PM
Lucky with the bad call

stromatolite
No challenges for Nadia, what luck

SilverPersian
Not the time for UEs Sammy :sad:

stromatolite
Mar 12th, 2012, 08:27 PM
2 gifts from Sam :(

tenniscrazy84
noooooooooooo

tenniscrazy84
30-30

stromatolite
30-30! Great defense on the return of serve!

SilverPersian
Sam did very well to get that serve back, and then took advantage of Nadia being a bit passive 30-30

SilverPersian
Mar 12th, 2012, 08:28 PM
30-40

Please God pleasepleasepleaseplease

stromatolite
BP! Please fucking please!

tenniscrazy84
Bp

SilverPersian
'ifjsdao;fdjso

stromatolite
yesyesyesyesyesyes

tenniscrazy84
Mar 12th, 2012, 08:29 PM
5-5

stromatolite
who'd a thunk it :lol:

stromatolite
Don't waste this lifeline Sammy!

tenniscrazy84
Hold please hold

stromatolite
Mar 12th, 2012, 08:30 PM
30-0!

SilverPersian
Oh look Sam's decided to start playing. She was just waiting until she was two points away from losing the match :sobbing:

stromatolite
Df :bigcry:

SilverPersian
Ok no good DF everything is still normal.

SilverPersian
Mar 12th, 2012, 08:31 PM
FH is back 40-15 :cheer:

Siderophyre
I can't see this - is she really playing better is is Nads choking?

SilverPersian
6-5

I love you Sammy :sobbing:

stromatolite
Mar 12th, 2012, 08:32 PM
Great hold Sammy! Now break for god's sake so we don't have to go through a tiebreak!

SilverPersian

A little bit of both, imo.

Maybe Nadia is giving Sam a bit more room to be aggressive. But she's not hitting a massive amount of UEs or anything.

Molly M
6-5 :kiss:

stromatolite

About every second point Sam's playing great, the rest is Nadia

SilverPersian
Mar 12th, 2012, 08:34 PM
15-15

Come on Nadia. Choke like you mean it.

stromatolite
Mar 12th, 2012, 08:35 PM
Inexplicable errors from Sam just when you think she's got things under control

SilverPersian
30-30

tenniscrazy84
30-30

stromatolite
30-30. Half a chance!

SilverPersian
Mar 12th, 2012, 08:36 PM
No tiebreak please.

stromatolite
Big serve again :(

SilverPersian
Or a tiebreak. Whatever.

Come on Sammy :cheer:

tenniscrazy84
tie break

stromatolite
TB. I have the feeling this is going to be completely random. Why don't they just toss a coin and be done with it?

stromatolite
Mar 12th, 2012, 08:38 PM
0-2 to Sam!

stromatolite
Mar 12th, 2012, 08:38 PM
2-1. Hold serve Sam

SilverPersian
Mar 12th, 2012, 08:39 PM
3-1

stromatolite
3-1. maybve the best serve she's hit all match!

SilverPersian
Shank 3-2 :sobbing:

stromatolite
Followed by a complete mishit. Back on serve :(

SilverPersian
Mar 12th, 2012, 08:40 PM
3-3 :sad:

stromatolite
Another gift from Sam :(

tenniscrazy84
noooooooooooooo

SilverPersian
Mar 12th, 2012, 08:41 PM
4-3

No Sammmyyy :sobbing:

stromatolite
11 aces from Nadia. She hit just 7 against Davis.

tenniscrazy84
come on SAM!!!!!!

SilverPersian
Mar 12th, 2012, 08:42 PM
Great 1-2 punch on the second serve.

4-4

stromatolite
Cool point Sam!

tenniscrazy84