PDA

View Full Version : Random Posts/miscellaneous/anything Petra :)

Pages : [1] 2 3

PetraReeMona
Mar 5th, 2012, 01:01 AM
I hope you don't mind me starting a new thread :scared:.

I thought we could put miscellaneous stuff in here, plus any questions we may have or anything else we want to talk about.

What d'ya think?

I'll start it off by saying "I've got A row seats for Eastbourne on the Wednesday for Centre Court" :bounce::bounce::bounce: and I'm hoping to see Petra there :unsure: ). I can't wait :bounce:

If, by any chance, you don't want this thread in here, let me know and I'll delete it.

mac47
Mar 5th, 2012, 01:32 AM
You figured the original "off topic" thread has now become officially devoted to magic mushroom-induced spy thrillers?

bruce goose
Mar 5th, 2012, 02:14 AM
You figured the original "off topic" thread has now become officially devoted to magic mushroom-induced spy thrillers?Yeah,I'm not at all offended by the premise here but,like you,I'm not sure that I understand it:lol:.How many miscellaneous/off-topic threads do we really need?:p

naranka
Mar 5th, 2012, 06:26 AM
I didn't interpret it (and OP didn't say it was) for off-topic stuff, but if it is, I think the thread is unnecessary. To make it something people would really use, I'd recommend renaming it something a bit more specific. General Petra discussion or Misc. Petra discussion, or something like that.

Petronius
Mar 5th, 2012, 01:20 PM
I hope you don't mind me starting a new thread :scared:.

I thought we could put miscellaneous stuff in here, plus any questions we may have or anything else we want to talk about.

What d'ya think?

I'll start it off by saying "I've got A row seats for Eastbourne on the Wednesday for Centre Court" :bounce::bounce::bounce: and I'm hoping to see Petra there :unsure: ). I can't wait :bounce:

If, by any chance, you don't want this thread in here, let me know and I'll delete it.

Very good idea. I recommend renaming it to RANDOM POSTS/MISCELLANEOUS or just MISCELLANEOUS.

As for the existing off-topic thread, it's what it is - OFF TOPIC - while your post is very ON TOPIC (related directly to Petra)

BTW, I'm planning my own contribution to this new thread which will blow you away ;)

Excelscior
Mar 5th, 2012, 03:10 PM
@Petronius.

Please tell us.

If it's about Petra; I hope it's juicy or good news? :) :devil: :)

We need some; any news. Lol

I hope she's in California already.

What's coming out of her camp, if anything?

PetraReeMona
Mar 5th, 2012, 05:00 PM
You figured the original "off topic" thread has now become officially devoted to magic mushroom-induced spy thrillers?

:yeah:

Yeah,I'm not at all offended by the premise here but,like you,I'm not sure that I understand it:lol:.How many miscellaneous/off-topic threads do we really need?:p

One that is not filled with James Bond. I don't tend to read that thread anymore due to the fact that I haven't got a clue what is going on in there, so I thought I'd start one where you don't have to sift through pages and pages of [insert your own words] :devil:

I didn't interpret it (and OP didn't say it was) for off-topic stuff, but if it is, I think the thread is unnecessary. To make it something people would really use, I'd recommend renaming it something a bit more specific. General Petra discussion or Misc. Petra discussion, or something like that.

It is for Petra related stuff (without James Bond) :D

Very good idea. I recommend renaming it to RANDOM POSTS/MISCELLANEOUS or just MISCELLANEOUS.

As for the existing off-topic thread, it's what it is - OFF TOPIC - while your post is very ON TOPIC (related directly to Petra)

BTW, I'm planning my own contribution to this new thread which will blow you away ;)

Cheers Petronius - as you can see I've changed the title.

Can't wait for the news :bounce::bounce:

So I won't delete it. If it's not used then I'm sure it will slowly fade away down the page :sad:

Petronius
Mar 5th, 2012, 09:09 PM
@Petronius.

Please tell us.

If it's about Petra; I hope it's juicy or good news? :) :devil: :)

We need some; any news. Lol

I hope she's in California already.

What's coming out of her camp, if anything?

I wasn't talking about a contribution to the NEWS thread, but about a contribution to THIS thread. :devil:

Petronius
Mar 5th, 2012, 09:58 PM
OK, so my contribution. I just received a special gift from a family friend.

Here it is :angel:

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/newuploads/ntu6m.jpg

Translation: "To Petr, Petra Kvitová". Guess what my first name is :lol:

Back of the picture:

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/newuploads/dczhq.jpg

Translation: Petra Kvitová, 2011 Wimbledon Champion, and then a list of her sponsors

How was my friend able to get this picture with a personal dedication and autograph by Petra?
He simply wrote an e-mail to Petra's marketing company (office@tkplus.cz) and said in his e-mail that one of
his friends is a huge Petra fan (he basically said "biggest fan in the world" to make it more convincing :lol:) and
the rest is history.

Maybe you could do the same.

PetraReeMona
Mar 5th, 2012, 10:25 PM
:eek::eek:

You lucky thing. :worship::worship:

I'm going to do it!

Did he ask for an autographed photo?

What else did he say in the e-mail?

Did they send it to you by post?

I want one, I want one :bounce::bounce:

HowardH
Mar 6th, 2012, 12:37 AM
Very nice.

There's an ending attached to your name which must mean "to".
Dative case or something like that.
Petrovi= to Petr, I guess.

And when she signs, it seems she signs something like "Petra Kvit". Or since there's no dot, maybe "Petra Kvt".

bruce goose
Mar 6th, 2012, 03:29 AM
Had no idea that the other thread was THAT annoying to everyone;I'll go delete it now so that some of you can tailor an off-topic thread more to your liking and control the forum according to your preferences:hatoff:

Excelscior
Mar 6th, 2012, 04:16 AM
Congrats Petronius (I guess that has something to do with Peter)? Huh? Lol.

I saw the signed pic earlier, but didn't get a chance to comment. Nice!

Bruce, you don't have to delete the other thread. Keep it. That one is not hurting anybody.

That's why Petra #1 came up with this one.

To each his own, and/or choose/create the one you like.

No Biggie.

Queen Petra Fan
Mar 6th, 2012, 06:33 AM
OK, so my contribution. I just received a special gift from a family friend.

Here it is :angel:

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/newuploads/ntu6m.jpg

Translation: "To Petr, Petra Kvitová". Guess what my first name is :lol:

Back of the picture:

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/newuploads/dczhq.jpg

Translation: Petra Kvitová, 2011 Wimbledon Champion, and then a list of her sponsors

How was my friend able to get this picture with a personal dedication and autograph by Petra?
He simply wrote an e-mail to Petra's marketing company (office@tkplus.cz) and said in his e-mail that one of
his friends is a huge Petra fan (he basically said "biggest fan in the world" to make it more convincing :lol:) and
the rest is history.

Maybe you could do the same.

Nice work Petronius! Enjoy!

Could you post an address please? Thanks in advance.

I bought myself a Wilson Tour BLX racquet for Christmas.

That ought to be worth something to them! :)

I hope they have a big stack of those signed posters for us. :bounce:

everythingtaboo
Mar 6th, 2012, 02:20 PM

I got tickets for Madrid and RG. Saw a lot of Petra on the hardcourts of Hopman Cup and AO, looking forward to seeing her game on clay live.

PetraReeMona
Mar 6th, 2012, 04:15 PM

I saw the signed pic earlier, but didn't get a chance to comment. Nice!

Bruce, you don't have to delete the other thread. Keep it. That one is not hurting anybody.

That's why Petra #1 came up with this one.

To each his own, and/or choose/create the one you like.

No Biggie.

:yeah:

Petronius
Mar 6th, 2012, 10:52 PM
:eek::eek:

You lucky thing. :worship::worship:

I'm going to do it!

Did he ask for an autographed photo?

What else did he say in the e-mail?

Did they send it to you by post?

I want one, I want one :bounce::bounce:

Yes, he specifically asked for a photo with autograph.
He also said that the photo would be a fantastic birthday present for his friend - a huge Petra fan (i.e. me).
Finally, he added his mailing address and in a few weeks he received Petra's autographed photo by post!
The e-mail address he used is: office@tkplus.cz
I presume they understand English as well.

Petronius
Mar 6th, 2012, 11:09 PM
Very nice.

There's an ending attached to your name which must mean "to".
Dative case or something like that.
Petrovi= to Petr, I guess.

Yes, its the dative case (or third case). The Czech language has seven grammatical cases. Thus, "Petrovi" means "To Petr"

And when she signs, it seems she signs something like "Petra Kvit". Or since there's no dot, maysbe "Petra Kvt".

I understand her. As she's being more and more asked for her autograph, she has created a reasonably shorter version of her surname.
As you probably know, Slavic peoples frequently use the "ova" endings for female names - like Sharapova, Navratilova, etc. - which sometimes make them pretty long.

Petronius
Mar 6th, 2012, 11:16 PM

LOL, it's actually a coincidence. Petronius is my favorite character from the famous novel Quo Vadis and I use his name as a moniker.
But yeah, Petr is my first name and it equals to Peter in English.

Queen Petra Fan
Mar 9th, 2012, 08:18 AM
He also said that the photo would be a fantastic birthday present for his friend - a huge Petra fan (i.e. me).
Finally, he added his mailing address and in a few weeks he received Petra's autographed photo by post!

Thanks Petronius! I'll give it a try. :wavey:

Queen Petra Fan
Mar 9th, 2012, 08:25 AM
Yes, its the dative case (or third case). The Czech language has seven grammatical cases. Thus, "Petrovi" means "To Petr"

I understand her. As she's being more and more asked for her autograph, she has created a reasonably shorter version of her surname.
As you probably know, Slavic peoples frequently use the "ova" endings for female names - like Sharapova, Navratilova, etc. - which sometimes make them pretty long.

When I went to her Nike store signing in Prague last July she started off signing items 'Petra Kvit'. After a while you only got 'Kvit'. To her credit, the smile never got smaller though. She is truly a sweet hearted person. :hearts:

PetraReeMona
Mar 9th, 2012, 05:22 PM

Thanks Peter :devil:

I've written to them requesting a photo with my name on it and will let you know if I hear anything.

Here's hoping *fingers crossed*

Petronius
Mar 9th, 2012, 06:00 PM
Thanks Peter :devil:

I've written to them requesting a photo with my name on it and will let you know if I hear anything.

Here's hoping *fingers crossed*

Wow, you are quick, I wish you luck. But be patient, I was lucky that Petra had a short break between Melbourne and Fed Cup - I read in an interview that her father gave her some posters/cards to sign during that break - and I think she won't be back home until after Miami.

Sharapovian
Mar 9th, 2012, 06:22 PM
I'll start it off by saying "I've got A row seats for Eastbourne on the Wednesday for Centre Court" :bounce::bounce::bounce: and I'm hoping to see Petra there :unsure: ). I can't wait :bounce:.

I went to Wimbledon last year (for one day only) so I was lucky to see Petra play there. And it was on one of the side court so got to see her up close which was nice.

I was also one of the lucky ones to managed to get her autograph after the match, speaking of which - Nice card Petronius :yeah:

Thiudans
Mar 23rd, 2012, 11:38 PM
You know... Petra has twitter now :P I noticed she had no followers.

mac47
Mar 23rd, 2012, 11:49 PM
It's all in Czech, right? What's the handle?

Thiudans
Mar 23rd, 2012, 11:51 PM
http://twitter.com/#!/Petra_Kvitova - all posts so far in English.

mac47
Mar 23rd, 2012, 11:52 PM
Found it. It's so her. "Travel the world playing tennis, always smiling." She's such an ingenue. Love her.

mac47
Mar 23rd, 2012, 11:55 PM
@vika7 is following her, tweets "welcome partner."

kikiyang
Mar 28th, 2012, 06:42 AM
Could't see where else to post this here. But Petra fan signing in. Was wondering what people think/hope for from Petra in the upcoming clay season. I believe her schedule is Stuttgart/Madrid/Rome correct? Obviously recent results have been disappointing, but Petra is the sorta player who is able to turn it on (and around) very quickly. The conditions at these events should suit her too. Stuttgart for starters is indoors, and we all know how much she loves playing indoors.
can't miss Fedcup in Czech :) 4.21-4.22
petra must be serious on it

Excelscior
Mar 28th, 2012, 04:30 PM
Welcome Kikiyang.

Your guess is a good as ours/anybodies. :scratch: :shrug: :scratch: Lol.

Common sense would say (especially after a boot camp in the mountains, providing Petra's healthy) that Petra should have a very good clay and grass season, that will make many of us forget the entire post Ozzie Open hardcourt season/debacle.

We'll see?

Utterchaos
Mar 29th, 2012, 03:31 AM
So Azarenka lost. As expected against an offensive ballstriker who is reasonably mentally tough.

Ian Aberdon
Mar 29th, 2012, 09:18 PM
Watching a few Youtube clips of Petra. May I say what a lovely girl she is. I think I'll enjoy watching her career. And she has something they can't take away of course! And hopefully the first of many! :yeah:

cosmoose
Apr 4th, 2012, 05:46 PM
So has everyone listened to Caro's infamous "Oxygen" song? ;)

Oxygen (http://www.wat.tv/video/eurosport/caroline-wozniacki-oxygen-4z6bp_2f1o7_.html)

It just occurred to me that maybe Caro recorded this song for Petra's benefit.
Just look at the lyrics!

"O O Oxygen, I'm breathing you out, I'm breathing you in, I'm breathing you out, I'm breathing you in"

Is there any better advice for asthmatic Petra? :lol:

PetraReeMona
Apr 5th, 2012, 07:55 AM

Oxygen (http://www.wat.tv/video/eurosport/caroline-wozniacki-oxygen-4z6bp_2f1o7_.html)

Just look at the lyrics!

"O O Oxygen, I'm breathing you out, I'm breathing you in, I'm breathing you out, I'm breathing you in"

:lol::lol:

TimeyWimey
Apr 6th, 2012, 06:40 PM

Just look at the lyrics!

:lol::rolls::lol:

PetraReeMona
Apr 30th, 2012, 10:12 PM
I'm in a bitchy mood tonight :devil:

So tell me Petra comrades .... How do you think Mauresmo has improved Fakerenka's game and character? :D

I've noticed from a picture in Stuttgart that she's wearing a leather jacket now. That's the only thing I think I've noticed so far :devil:

What have you noticed? :p

Sorry Vikapower ;)

TennisAddict84
May 1st, 2012, 03:20 AM
I'm in a bitchy mood tonight :devil:

So tell me Petra comrades .... How do you think Mauresmo has improved Fakerenka's game and character? :D

I've noticed from a picture in Stuttgart that she's wearing a leather jacket now. That's the only thing I think I've noticed so far :devil:

What have you noticed? :p

Sorry Vikapower ;)

Absolutely nothing. I thought she would maybe slice or volley more, but I didn't really see too much of that. I barely saw Azarenka even slide. Maybe we'll see more of Mauresmo's influence in her game in Madrid and Rome.

PetraReeMona
May 1st, 2012, 09:07 AM
Adam's playing in a challenger in CZ, which is being streamed now. It's now 10 am CZ time.

http://lsh.lshunter.tv/static/popups/9343302633770.html

mac47
May 2nd, 2012, 04:27 AM
Adam lost 7-5, 6-3.

Petronius
Jun 20th, 2012, 03:38 PM
It seems that I.Luv.Kvitty has been banned. Anybody knows the reason ? I've also noticed the same applies to some GM posters like Apoleb, Karma Police, Swingvolley, etc. Did they offend anyone?

paulmara
Jun 20th, 2012, 07:11 PM
It seems that I.Luv.Kvitty has been banned.

In Eastbourne on Wendesday

King Halep
Jun 20th, 2012, 11:47 PM
and no chance of seeing Petra :facepalm:

ArcticMoose
Jul 1st, 2012, 02:45 PM
It seems that I.Luv.Kvitty has been banned. Anybody knows the reason ? I've also noticed the same applies to some GM posters like Apoleb, Karma Police, Swingvolley, etc. Did they offend anyone?

:D Considering how gaga :) I.Luv.Kvitty (ILK) ;) is over Petra, ILK is very conspicuous from being absent from this sub-forum lately without warning .. So I think a ban was the likely reason as ILK was upsetting the Masha stans big-time in the lead up to the RG final and some Masha fans in GM were openly threatening to get ILK banned.
That being said the mystery deepens:tape: as I put on my Sherlock Holmes Hat:hatoff: … – I unearthed this from one of ILK’s previous posts ….

Would it be possible that someone could make me small avatars of these two beautiful photo's of Petra ..... please? :)
I have tried putting the other avatars that you've made on here, but it won't allow it that size. Don't know why :confused:
I would appreciate it - thank you very much.
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/430748_292321297498623_185199214877499_920016_1864 024017_n.jpg

http://oi41.tinypic.com/2a65q1g.jpg

:cool:It can be seen from the photos that probably the second photo was posted/uploaded by accident/mistake/error? by ILK – so is the girl :) in the second photo 'I.Luv.Kvityy'? :)

{Note : we already know that ILK lives in London & in the second photo as she is by the window having a smoke;) the radiators by the window are typical of houses in London - so I am convinced that the photo was taken in London;)}

:pHey ILK, we know you are reading this sub-forum even though you have not posted on TF recently … so why not give us a ‘signal’ by posting a message in Petra’s Facebook site … alternatively you should come back to TF under a different guise …I am sure there are plenty of names you can choose … to get under the radar of the mods:lol:……see you soon ILK..:wavey: ..BTW nice second photo.;)..

bruce goose
Jul 16th, 2012, 08:57 PM
Okay,time for a rare contribution to this Crap Thread: An entomologist once told me--in Spanish,mind you(and he was quite articulate)--that a roach's antennae would only grow back if ripped off when the roach was still young(less than 1 year old).If the roach is older than that--and you're able to rip its antennae off w/o killing it--then it will be unable to find a mate or locate food,slowly starving to death.Though that sounds appealing to me,I'm fairly sure that I'll refrain from antennae cutting...it's enough fun to see them flop flop on their backs and agonizingly die over several hours from insecticide poisoning:cool:

EDIT: On more upbeat news,I found a caring woman named Gabriela today who runs a dog shelter in our city;although her shelter is currently packed out,she promised to give me a call whenever a space came available...there was a carpenter in my gf's neighborhood who abandoned his dog to a vacant lot next door when the business went under,and my gf's mom,who already has three dogs of her own,has been feeding the forsaken dog in the meantime.He appears to remain in decent health

ArcticMoose
Jul 18th, 2012, 07:19 PM
:pLots of sex at Olympic Village: Hope Solo
http://sg.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/fit-to-post-sports/lots-sex-olympics-045529940.html (http://sg.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/fit-to-post-sports/lots-sex-olympics-045529940.html)

:pVillage people: The sexy world of the athletes at The Olympic Games
http://www.mirror.co.uk/lifestyle/sex-relationships/sex/london-2012-sex-mad-athletes-set-1144971 (http://www.mirror.co.uk/lifestyle/sex-relationships/sex/london-2012-sex-mad-athletes-set-1144971)

:pWho Will Win The Sex Olympics?
http://www.forbes.com/sites/johnclarke/2012/07/16/who-will-win-the-sex-olympics/?feed=rss_search (http://www.forbes.com/sites/johnclarke/2012/07/16/who-will-win-the-sex-olympics/?feed=rss_search)

:DSo who from the WTA Olympians will be getting low & dirty with fellow Olympians at the 2012 games?;) Domi will probably take the WTA conjugal gold! ;) wonder who will pick up the WTA Conjugal Silver & Bronze at the 2012 Olympics? …:lol:

paulmara
Jul 18th, 2012, 07:27 PM
Hope Solo
I thought you posted her naked photos.

ArcticMoose
Jul 18th, 2012, 08:41 PM
I thought you posted her naked photos.
:pHere it is (as you requested it!:D) - enjoy!;)
http://sports.yahoo.com/soccer/blog/dirty-tackle/post/this-is-hope-solo-naked-and-watering-the-lawn-in-espn-the-nudie-magazine?urn=sow-wp5438

bruce goose
Jul 18th, 2012, 08:51 PM
It's no surprise to me to see you two acting like minor-league droogies from 'Clockwork Orange' and,although I'm not going to help you promote your voyeuristic behavior,my suspicion is that the OP would have loathed the sort of posting you've done above.With THAT in mind,I'm going to turn a blind eye to your libertine endeavors:devil::lol:

bruce goose
Jul 20th, 2012, 02:45 PM
:pLots of sex at Olympic Village: Hope Solo
http://sg.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/fit-to-post-sports/lots-sex-olympics-045529940.html (http://sg.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/fit-to-post-sports/lots-sex-olympics-045529940.html)

:DSo who from the WTA Olympians will be getting low & dirty with fellow Olympians at the 2012 games?;) Domi will probably take the WTA conjugal gold! ;) wonder who will pick up the WTA Conjugal Silver & Bronze at the 2012 Olympics? …:lol:An additional thought: Judging by how she carries herself,Solo was far more than a WITNESS to 'other people' having sex at the Olympic Village;she was likely one of those Domi rivals that you were wondering about

aloeball
Jul 20th, 2012, 03:13 PM
haha omgosh all this sex talk makes me so horny, seriously.

better hit the clubs! or grindr loool

paulmara
Jul 22nd, 2012, 05:55 PM
Absolutely and,as long as it's not too graphic;););),
100 photos

:lol:Yes ! We are! We eagerly await chapter & verse of your write up...:D
5 chapters and four lines of a poem

The true story of the night before Serena-Petra match or: How the world was saved
Dedicated to ILK

bruce goose
Jul 22nd, 2012, 06:48 PM
100 photos

Previously on Penguin´s stories
http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost.php?p=21208945&postcount=2024

The true story of the night before Serena-Petra match or: How the world was saved
Dedicated to ILK
http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost.php?p=21208651&postcount=2016Paul,you are welcome to claim any muse that you want,but I think it's a little odd to choose the person whose self-absorbed snit led to the Lioness Den's abolition:lol:.However,I suppose I can understand your dedication as an act of sympathy for a plaintiff who had too little self-control to remain at TF:p.As I touched on previously,you've gone directly contrary to the OP's mentality--especially with your pic of two hot chicks wrestling,with one of them helplessly pinned in a provocative position:cool:--so you've definitely done your part to revive the Classic Thread.

With the Olympics coming up,I'm glad that the mods haven't mandated PED testing for posters;some other folks might get jealous of your creativity,Paul,and insist that the intense Magic Mushrooms deserved all the credit for your imagination.......but AYE know that you're a true free spirit who wanders the various planes of existence for inspiration:hug:.....Am sending a PM to the Immortal Emperor to notify him of your continued,faithful service

postalblowfish
Jul 22nd, 2012, 07:25 PM
I wondered why that other thread wasn't in my User CP anymore.

ArcticMoose
Jul 23rd, 2012, 07:24 AM
100 photos

Previously on Penguin´s stories
http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost.php?p=21208945&postcount=2024

Dedicated to ILK
http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost.php?p=21208651&postcount=2016
Paul,:lol:.However,I suppose I can understand your dedication as an act of sympathy for a plaintiff who had too little self-control to remain at TF:p.As I touched on previously,you've gone directly contrary to the OP's mentality--especially with your pic of two hot chicks wrestling,with one of them helplessly pinned in a provocative position:cool:--so you've definitely done your part to revive the Classic Thread.

:worship: the legend :hearts:ILK:hearts: lives onn;) ... awaiting her return to the hallowed :Dconfines of the Kvitty:angel: Sub-Forum & TF by her faithful fans...:worship::p

bruce goose
Jul 23rd, 2012, 09:46 PM
:worship: the legend :hearts:ILK:hearts: lives onn;) ... awaiting her return to the hallowed :Dconfines of the Kvitty:angel: Sub-Forum & TF by her faithful fans...:worship::pWell,I certainly believe in redemption,Moose,but it MIGHT get ugly in here if she starts acting shrewishly upon her return....Any disrespectful comments about the Immortal Emperor are TOTALLY off limits since he's the one who originally inspired Paul's great spytales in the first place:cool:

bruce goose
Jul 25th, 2012, 05:52 PM
Malcolm McDowell droogie disciples Paul and Moose will surely appreciate this contribution,and they won't need to pull from their supply of mushrooms to visualize the beauty that is contained in the lists herein.

Wimbledon QFs
Lisicki
Kerber
Aga Radwanska
Kirilenko
Serena
Petra
Paszek
Azarenka

Baku QFs
Julia Cohen
Rybarikova
Minella
Puchkova
Jovanovski
Krunic
Bratchikova
Panova

With all due respect to our Lioness:hearts: who has a prominent place in the first group of quarterfinalists,I'd rate Baku as the hotter octet,top-to-bottom,on the premise that seven smokin' hot WTA queens--alongside one cute girl--outranks any other QF,beauty-wise,unless we have that rare tourney where all 8 QF'ists are stunning(and there HAVE been some instances of that).I can't say much about Julia Cohen as a person b/c I barely know anything about her.However,she was the 'cute' one that I made reference to above;in terms of physical beauty,she's not in the same league with her fellow QF-ists in Baku,yet she's attractive enough so as not to ruin the aesthetic appeal of the other seven.Think of Cohen as that girl from a tiny country who's never had anyone advance to the final stages of Miss Universe...and so the judges vote her in as a compensatory act even though she's not nearly the head-turner that the other finalists are:lol:....Anyway,I don't believe that the guys in this forum will have any objection to the 'Magnificent Seven':hearts: in Baku;)

bruce goose
Jul 25th, 2012, 05:57 PM
Since Moose chose to follow in Paul's footsteps with the ridiculously-gargantuan pic in his babbling,incoherent post at the top of this page,let's make a fresh start with NORMAL-sized posts on the NEXT page:cool:

bruce goose
Jul 25th, 2012, 06:07 PM
Here's a little song I invented to gross out my mom when I was only 10 years old(I imagine that's a recurring theme amongst young boys from MANY cultures)...it's a ridiculous song,of course,but I was only 10 at the time so give me a break.My mom mentioned that our cat needed a stool sample,and that was the goofiest name I'd heard in quite a while.To ME,a stool was something you sat on,so I felt inspired to create something to acknowledge the new term I'd learned(accent marks placed to indicate inflection).

1st Stanza
You think' the cat's sick'?
But you want an ex-am'-ple?
Well here' it comes',yum-yum
A stoooooool sam'-ple

2nd Stanza
You took' Kitty's temp'-er-a-ture
But it just' wasn't am'-ple?
You know' what you need',in-deed'
A stoooooool sam'-ple

....I didn't have the determination back then to pen a complete song:lol:

paulmara
Jul 25th, 2012, 06:51 PM
http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/293253_10150905484056583_2084176051_n.jpg

bruce goose
Jul 25th, 2012, 09:29 PM
http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/293253_10150905484056583_2084176051_n.jpgProsto's family??Or just some slightly less intelligent lemurs who bear a general resemblance to him??

bruce goose
Jul 26th, 2012, 09:01 PM
Okay,Petronius,here's the deal: There were far fewer indigenous peoples in the Argentine land at the time of colonization,and that's why you don't see too many dark-skinned Argentines amongst their celebrities---They look more EUROPEAN than Latino,mainly b/c they ARE so European.Their women are often skinny and flat-assed(take a look at Dulko,for example)...not as shapely and beautiful as TRUE Latinas......who have dominated Miss Universe,in case you hadn't noticed;).

Also,there's a heavy Italian influence in Argentina...which explains why they're so disorganized and full of corruption:lol:.In fact,Argentine men are the only Latinos who are considered sleazier than Mexican men are...though our women sometimes vote us the worst,out of spite;).....Hope that answers your question:hatoff:

@Steni,aun si Costa Rica no esta perfecta,no obstante es un modelo a` seguir entre los paises latinos;hay un abismo enorme comparado con nosotros(valganos....)

Petronius
Jul 26th, 2012, 09:54 PM
Okay,Petronius,here's the deal: There were far fewer indigenous peoples in the Argentine land at the time of colonization,and that's why you don't see too many dark-skinned Argentines amongst their celebrities---They look more EUROPEAN than Latino,mainly b/c they ARE so European.Their women are often skinny and flat-assed(take a look at Dulko,for example)...not as shapely and beautiful as TRUE Latinas......who have dominated Miss Universe,in case you hadn't noticed;).

Also,there's a heavy Italian influence in Argentina...which explains why they're so disorganized and full of corruption:lol:.In fact,Argentine men are the only Latinos who are considered sleazier than Mexican men are...though our women sometimes vote us the worst,out of spite;).....Hope that answers your question:hatoff:

LOL, I thought that when talking about role model countries you meant their system of government, economic prosperity, level of crime, the quality of education, freedom to work, travel, etc., but you're actually more concerned about people's looks :lol:

As for Italy, it may have some problems, but it's still a great place to live - the mountains, the sea, the architecture, the food...
And on top of that, they're still able to produce this

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3600/3690145746_5ecf4cd215_z.jpg

steni
Jul 26th, 2012, 09:54 PM
Hey Petronius check this out if you want!

The Czechs were also part of the great immigration of the early 20th century. Most of the descendants of Czechs live in the provinces of Chaco and Mendoza, in the country.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethnography_of_Argentina

Petronius
Jul 26th, 2012, 10:30 PM
Hey Petronius check this out if you want!

The Czechs were also part of the great immigration of the early 20th century. Most of the descendants of Czechs live in the provinces of Chaco and Mendoza, in the country.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethnography_of_Argentina

Thanks, interesting :yeah:

But most Czechs actually emigrated to the USA, especially Chicago, Illinois. Probably the most famous is Ray Kroc, who built McDonald's into the most successful fast food operation in the world(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ray_Kroc). His parents come from Plzeň (Pilsen) like Petra's coach David Kotyza.

If you hate McDonald's, blame the Czechs :lol:

bruce goose
Jul 26th, 2012, 11:45 PM
LOL, I thought that when talking about role model countries you meant their system of government, economic prosperity, level of crime, the quality of education, freedom to work, travel, etc., but you're actually more concerned about people's looks :lol:

As for Italy, it may have some problems, but it's still a great place to live - the mountains, the sea, the architecture, the food...
And on top of that, they're still able to produce this

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3600/3690145746_5ecf4cd215_z.jpgYes,aye WAS referring to the standards of living you mention above,but I threw the other comment in as a 'bonus':p

In the likelihood that you didn't grasp Steni's post,he was being generous when he said that the corruption level was the same....Most commentators would agree that we and Colombia are the worst,by FAR,in Latin America when it comes to that sort of vileness...and Colombia is much smaller so they have more of an excuse than we do as powerful narcos had less obstacles to overcome...our constant,widespread corruption is our national shame

bruce goose
Jul 27th, 2012, 04:05 AM
she :wavey:Hijole:facepalm:,lo siento

bruce goose
Jul 27th, 2012, 04:26 AM
esta bien no problema!:)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JG4ApkmTE9A&feature=related

Steni y Arnoldo....errrr,Mia y Miguel resuelven por el costumbre latino;)

ArcticMoose
Jul 27th, 2012, 12:54 PM
she :wavey:

:DPutting on my Sherlock Holmes hat ...I had already worked this out ages ago but it did not proclaim it or advertise it widely : -> by how you commented on Petra's childhood photos & also other expressions you made in your posts that usually only a female would instinctively express ....... ( As Petronius says ..someone's:hatoff: gotta ring the bell at Baker Street;))
Awwwwww soooo cute... thanks for sharing!
Awww so cute little Petra!
eww!
Awww Excelsior there is no way in earth that Petra would beat Azarenka right now. She has improve movement, ground game, even if her serve isn't great, she wouldn't need to do much to keep Petra on her heels + she wouldn't have any problem to return Petra's serve, which is really inconsistent and breakable at this point.
I believe that Kotyza is telling Petra to do one thing and than she goes on court and do something else.

:p I 'll just throw these comments into the pot....;)
:drool: just too adorable !!!
Arn't they just.

I went crazy when I saw them !

ArcticMoose
Jul 27th, 2012, 02:58 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JG4ApkmTE9A&feature=related

Steni y Arnoldo....errrr,Mia y Miguel resuelven por el costumbre latino;)
:p So we have to imagine it is Steni in this risque clip ;) with Arnoldo...:D

Arnoldo??

:lol:OK, so if it is not Arnlodo que es? ;) we would love to know who hits the sweet spot with Steni..:p

bruce goose
Jul 27th, 2012, 03:38 PM
:p So we have to imagine it is Steni in this risque clip ;) with Arnoldo...:D

:lol:OK, so if it is not Arnlodo que es? ;) we would love to know who hits the sweet spot with Steni..:pMoose,thank you for all of your Scotland Yard detective work on the previous page,but it was quite necessary b/c I have Steni on my lap here:devil: and can vouch for the fact that she is DEFINITELY a chica latina;)

ArcticMoose
Jul 27th, 2012, 03:49 PM
Since Moose chose to follow in Paul's footsteps with the ridiculously-gargantuan pic in his babbling,incoherent post at the top of this page,let's make a fresh start with NORMAL-sized posts on the NEXT page:cool:

:pThe post has been widely appreciated & commended by the ILK fan club ;)on the Kvitty Subforum & TF & the ridiculously-gargantuan PIC:D has been a celebration of TF poster girl:hearts: ILK:hearts:

ArcticMoose
Jul 27th, 2012, 04:09 PM
Interesting. The only thing I know about Cost Rica is that there are beautiful beaches
:pMy memories of Costs Rica are beautiful beaches, watching the Sun go down bohemian style:) smoking a ‘relaxing’ cigarette with a beautiful young sexy lady ;)covering her bikini in a sarong just to prolong the excitement…:D

bruce goose
Jul 27th, 2012, 05:32 PM
:pThe post has been widely appreciated & commended by the ILK fan club ;)on the Kvitty Subforum & TF & the ridiculously-gargantuan PIC:D has been a celebration of TF poster girl:hearts: ILK:hearts:The POINT is that it takes 5 or 10 minutes to scroll down the page whenever you post such a stupidly-planned pic:silly:.One can't even fully appreciate a photo with a beautiful background because you can only see a small fraction at a time instead of taking in the full panorama.

It's obvious to me that Norwegians are just as out-of-control horny as Swedes up there in Scandinavia;one can only hope that the Finns have a measure of self-control:lol:.Btw,I don't consider Denmark a legit Scandinavian nation cuz it's physically connected to the continent:p....So I'll remind you,Horny Moose,that this is unequivocally NOT any 'ILK' fan club here...it's the PETRA:hearts: fan forum:cool:

bruce goose
Jul 27th, 2012, 05:39 PM
On a more current,relevant note,here's the official London Olympics theme song as sung by legendary British singer Enoch Simpson.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVZaTPcLK_A

Unfortunately,you have to wait until the end of the video to catch Enoch's marvelous rendition of "England!England!England!",but think of it as saving the best for last;)

paulmara
Jul 28th, 2012, 08:08 PM
only positive from Bedřych match
http://g.cdn.i0.cz/public-data/61/e8/3bdafd353ba4ab08ca5675790e24_w720_h529_g25f3665ed8 %20c511e181cf002590604f2e.jpg?hash=7cce9e27a06f469 e36%252010ee79844e9734

some notes from Petra Match

http://img.blesk.cz/img/2/full/1353313_.jpg

http://img.blesk.cz/img/2/full/1353307_.jpg

bruce goose
Jul 30th, 2012, 05:49 AM
In re Paul's first pic: IIRC,Berdych was one of those mentioned by ATP apologists as a player who could supposedly break through at Slams and challenge the Triumvirate:lol:.I have vague recollections from my youth after Tracy Austin broke down and couldn't play anymore...and WTA backers desperately hyped up every young gal--who showed the minutest TRACE of potential--as if she were almost ready to challenge Navrat and Evert.Finally,Graf and ASV came along,thankfully

The ATP hype team looks even MORE pathetic,IMO,because chauvinism still has a foothold with tennis' 'old guard'...and you can practically feel the shaking vibrations from how frantic they are that the ATP has become such a pitiful joke with a horde of Berdyches/pretenders who merely fill out the remainders of Slam draws for spaces not marked Nole,Fed or Rafa.It's astonishing how utterly lacking the current group is in terms of on-court wisdom or subtle technical brilliance.They're trained to smash the ball and use their raw,undisciplined athleticism...and then they're completely clueless and lost when 'Plan A' doesn't work vs. the Lonely Trio who probably wish they could get more of a challenge than the bush-leaguers who make up the men's ranks.Mental toughness is also in VERY short supply with this bunch of whiny,obnoxious swishes(with only rare exceptions to that last categorization).In prior generations,I remember that there certain players who were a notch below greats such as Borg,Lendl,McEnroe,Wilander,Becker,Agassi,Sampras, et al...and yet some of those other guys would routinely push the future legends to the limit,even beating them semi-regularly at either Slams or Premiers.

IMO,Nole,Fed and Rafa DEFINITELY aren't significantly better than the seven HOF'ers mentioend above...only slightly better,at most,if AT ALL...and yet you can clearly see where the ATP'ers of today just QUIT during the match when one of the Big Three jump ahead,even in the first set,sometimes.I'm not saying that didn't happen versus the elite from previous generations,but it was FAR less common in the men's game than the women's.Today's "men" have a soft,womanly quality about them,and we can safely assume that training in mental toughness did NOT have any role in the development of so many current players.....So some of these ATP'ers wanna bitch and cry about the women getting equal prize money:haha:??Well HERE'S a notion for Lloyd Christmas' cousin,Tipsarevic,and others: The prize money disparity between theirs and the Triumvirate's should be the same as the income gap that exists between a boxing champion......and a SPARRING PARTNER:p!....Cuz that's all these wussies are to Nole,Fed and Rafa,anyway:lol:

bruce goose
Aug 2nd, 2012, 04:49 AM
Wimbledon QFs
Lisicki
Kerber
Aga Radwanska
Kirilenko
Serena
Petra
Paszek
Azarenka

Baku QFs
Julia Cohen
Rybarikova
Minella
Puchkova
Jovanovski
Krunic
Bratchikova
Panova

With all due respect to our Lioness:hearts: who has a prominent place in the first group of quarterfinalists,I'd rate Baku as the hotter octet,top-to-bottom,on the premise that seven smokin' hot WTA queens--alongside one cute girl--outranks any other QF,beauty-wise,unless we have that rare tourney where all 8 QF'ists are stunning(and there HAVE been some instances of that).I can't say much about Julia Cohen as a person b/c I barely know anything about her.However,she was the 'cute' one that I made reference to above;in terms of physical beauty,she's not in the same league with her fellow QF-ists in Baku,yet she's attractive enough so as not to ruin the aesthetic appeal of the other seven.Think of Cohen as that girl from a tiny country who's never had anyone advance to the final stages of Miss Universe...and so the judges vote her in as a compensatory act even though she's not nearly the head-turner that the other finalists are:lol:....Anyway,I don't believe that the guys in this forum will have any objection to the 'Magnificent Seven':hearts: in Baku;)Okay,one of my buddies insisted to me that the prestige of the Wimbledon octet gave them added sex appeal over their lovely Baku counterparts.I protested on principle but,knowing how red-blooded males often think,I found it hard to argue with my friend's point.Perhaps,for a lesser MM tourney,the ladies have to be a bit more flawless to outshine their more well-known colleagues:shrug:

....But that's not a problem for the Olympic QF'ists:p;as you can see,five of the women are the same: Vika,Kerber,Serena,Petra and Makiri...so it comes down to a 3 vs. 3 comparison,and I'll always take Masha,Caro and Kim over Lisicki,Aga and Paszek...though none of the beauties are chopped liver:hearts:...so that makes the Olympics are new,current leader for hottest WTA Q-final

bruce goose
Aug 5th, 2012, 04:31 PM
Well,a hearty congratulations to you again,Arctic Moose:D!You must've bitched SOOOO well that some swishy punk mod granted your request and deleted the thread you apparently despised so much.Just so I'm clear---is that how we do things around here now??Some dizzy slut doesn't like the content of a thread and creates an identical thread so that she and her buddies can replace it with one of her own.......and then some half-illiterate douchebag is worried that he won't be able to distinguish between this year's thread and LAST year's while in one of his drunken stupors...so he cries to the mods to get threads reconfigured how HE wants it.What's next??Getting posters banned b/c you don't like their avatars or sigs??If THAT'S how it's gonna be,then just have the balls--and this goes for anyone else who supports that sort of b.s. clique politics--to come out and SAY it instead of slithering behind the scenes.

Just wondering,though: Did you just flood the mods with PMs of your dissatisfaction,or maybe......Enviaste tu queja a` "ILK" por Twitter y chupaba la verga de un gerente del foro TF para cambiar el titulo en tu nombre:rolleyes:

bruce goose
Aug 5th, 2012, 05:55 PM
:lol: que fué la cosa? por qué tan peleado con el artic mouse?No aguanto 'b.s.' tonterias hoy,mi joya:kiss:,porque mi nissan fue robado y no respeto palabras dulces deshonestas,sin embargo

bruce goose
Aug 5th, 2012, 08:57 PM
Que mal que le robaron el carro, sorry, pero no entiendo que tiene que ver el admistrador del foro y eso? qué fue lo que dijo el noruego?Porque tan muchos aqui chismean al gerencia cuando sea hay algo que no aprueban como el noruego hizo,y los jefes escogen sus 'mascotas' depende de cosas muy caprichosas.Esta un red de tontos,y no finjo el respeto cuando no me siento asi

bruce goose
Aug 5th, 2012, 11:15 PM
Oséa, el tipo hizo una queja al administrador del foro para que cambiara cosas en el foro? Y quién es el administrador, y como sabe usted que fue él quién influyó en los cambios? De igual manera, no le haga caso, seguramente el "articmoose" es un veinteañero baboso que no sabe ni dónde esta parado jajajaj

Entonces no se pueden decir malas palabras tampoco? ajajajaQuiero amordazar tus labios en mios:devil:...pero mi novia no lo aprobara:lol:.Tienes razon que no tengo prueba sin duda,pero esta curioso que la queja y el cambio ocurren al mismo tiempo.

Mas seguro es que despedire balas en las ventanas de mis vecinos bastardos....y cuando me preguntan lo que vi,les dire que estoy tan ciego como ellos cuando mi carro fue robado.Merecen de vivir en miedo hasta sus culos sucios cambian el domicilio:armed:

bruce goose
Aug 6th, 2012, 12:17 AM
:lol: y cuál fue el cambio? y cómo sabe que hubo una queja? las quejas se pueden ver?No te preocupes,Azucar Pompis;escuche' tu consejo y dejare' moose en paz....mas o menos:lol:

bruce goose
Aug 6th, 2012, 04:38 PM
Just wondering again: Is Irina Falconi the sort of dizzy space cadet that the WTA wants to serve as their mouthpiece as itinerant blogger:eek:?Lisa Raymond,to put it mildly,is a bit more mature and is LOTS more coherent....Falconi is such an airhead that she makes Ana look like an emotionally-stable,level-headed rock of wisdom by comparison:lol:.Oh,and Irina apparently had one of her female,'that-time-of-the-month' moments in D.C. when she lost the doubles final and pissed away her blog....Teenager Sloane Stephens followed suit.Why do we need TWO children blogging simultaneously,anyway:lol:?At least Sloane wasn't drunkenly all over the map like Falconi was....but here's a little tip,Irina: It looks really phony when you pretend to love interacting with the fans so much...and then tell them to --ck themselves when you lose a big match and abandon your blog:silly:

paulmara
Aug 9th, 2012, 06:34 PM
Daily news

Belarus
http://www.euronews.com/images_news/img_606X341_0308-analysis-belarus-teddy-bear-opposition.jpg

http://euobserver.com/media/src/2e68725744f2a5dd3a47cf897cd4d4b8.jpg

Russia
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6u0bwT8ss1qad4vso4_500.jpg

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8fzmgwXft1qkzr9fo1_500.jpg

London (he finished 15th overal)
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/08/08/article-0-146FA414000005DC-248_634x698.jpg

bruce goose
Aug 10th, 2012, 07:48 AM
Daily news

Belarus
http://www.euronews.com/images_news/img_606X341_0308-analysis-belarus-teddy-bear-opposition.jpg

Russia
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6u0bwT8ss1qad4vso4_500.jpgPaul,please assure me that you and Moose don't operate motor vehicles with these masks on while you're inebriated,and I'm slightly concerned that those teddy bears are conspiring to replace penguin mascots as comforters for female volleyball teams.

As for this young Russian gal,who could have guessed that she enjoyed receiving bedtime stories in Spanish despite hardly understanding a single word;)

Excelscior
Aug 11th, 2012, 03:02 PM
Good Luck in the Olympic Futball final Bruce. And I see Mexico is already off to a good start, by scoring a goal in the first 29 seconds against the high scoring, powerful Brazilians.

bruce goose
Aug 12th, 2012, 05:35 AM
Good Luck in the Olympic Futball final Bruce. And I see Mexico is already off to a good start, by scoring a goal in the first 29 seconds against the high scoring, powerful Brazilians.Yeah,thanks,Ex....there wasn't too much work being done in the maquila between the hours 8 and 10am:lol:.The irony is that we usually do much better in individual sports as we're well-known for fighting amongst each other in the team events...and yet this was our ONLY Gold in the OG.It was kinda sweet that one of the bus driver's relatives sat in the seat behind him and held a flag out the window: There was a boy who couldn't have been older than five and he began jumping up and shouting,Viva Mexico,as the bus passed by his house:cool:

ArcticMoose
Aug 16th, 2012, 05:49 PM
Hey Folks,

Reaching out to all Posters who frequent/visit Petra’s sub-forum for some graphics/design skill/capability to manage one of the threads in her sub-forum called “ Petra Kvitova’s Trophy Case”

This thread was created just after Petra’s Subforum was created & she won the Wimbledon Title.

The OP has now changed his mind that he does not like Petra any longer and has deleted the thread he created. Below is his message:

I won't run the trophies thread anymore, as I don't like her anymore. :awww:

But here is that graphic so it doesn't get lost :)

http://img811.imageshack.us/img811/4772/73127842.png

So if any of you with such graphics/design skills could help Petra’s subforum out with this task – your assistance will be greatly appreciated. The thread would only require maintenance whenever Petra wins a title or award….

Thanks.

PS: I come from the Oil & Gas industry & hence am out of my depth when it comes to the creative industry…I’m posting this message on multiple threads as some of you guys don’t read all threads…

bruce goose
Aug 16th, 2012, 09:13 PM
So if any of you with such graphics/design skills could help Petra’s subforum out with this task – your assistance will be greatly appreciated. The thread would only require maintenance whenever Petra wins a title or award….

Thanks.

PS: I come from the Oil & Gas industry & hence am out of my depth when it comes to the creative industry…I’m posting this message on multiple threads as some of you guys don’t read all threads…You messed up,Moose;you forgot to post this message in 'Petra's Seashell Collection' thread,so go there RIGHT NOW cuz there are certain Petra fans who only visit THAT thread.

It's nice that we've hijacked the OP's thread and brought back Paul's artistry as shown in post #87 on the previous page but,if the OP ever DOES manage to get unbanned...and starts bitching and crying again about Paul's photos,then I'll go back and initiate an indisputably distinct off-topic thread called: Petra's Mushroomland,a thread for her fans who have a loose definition of the word 'sobriety'

paulmara
Aug 17th, 2012, 04:21 PM
Poor Moose was only able to randomly click emoticons as he couldn't even type a coherent sentence:lol:... after another intense evening of smoking potent marijuana,magic mushrooms or God knows what else.

Midnight OIL of course

PS: I come from the Oil & Gas industry

bruce goose
Aug 17th, 2012, 05:16 PM
Midnight OIL of coursePaul,your very presence here makes this forum unique and utterly worthwhile:hatoff:

Excelscior
Aug 18th, 2012, 01:09 AM
Na was rolling Pushwanska 6-1 3-1, in what seemed like 30 min total.

And now they've been playing an epic 3-1 Na serve game, for what seems like 30 min (though I'm not really sure or saying this).

This is a silent stream, so there's no graphics or announcer to tell me how long it is. But I've taken a shower, got dressed, gone to the kitchen, and check other programming, and their still in the same service game. Lol

Excelscior
Aug 18th, 2012, 01:10 AM
Ni La finally wins it, 4-1. Lol

Excelscior
Aug 18th, 2012, 01:15 AM
5-1 Li Na now. Lol

And she's serving.

Excelscior
Aug 18th, 2012, 01:17 AM
Na wins 6-1 6-1.

Excelscior
Aug 18th, 2012, 01:18 AM
Now I'm hoping Fed can dust off Fish by 9pm now.

He won the first set 6-3. And their on serve 4-3 now, with fish serving.

4-4 now.

ArcticMoose
Aug 18th, 2012, 01:31 AM
Na was rolling Pushwanska 6-1 3-1, in what seemed like 30 min total.

And now they've been playing an epic 3-1 Na serve game, for what seems like 30 min (though I'm not really sure or saying this).

This is a silent stream, so there's no graphics or announcer to tell me how long it is. But I've taken a shower, got dressed, gone to the kitchen, and check other programming, and their still in the same service game. Lol
:p Way tooo much info:lol: the service game was a couple of minutes;) so your shower was less than that -aka - dry shower:tape::D

Excelscior
Aug 18th, 2012, 01:39 AM
Fed has Triple match Point, up 3 mini breaks.

Excelscior
Aug 18th, 2012, 01:40 AM
Fed Wins.

bruce goose
Aug 18th, 2012, 02:57 AM
Fed has Triple match Point, up 3 mini breaks.Ex,do you know what a 'moyote' is,according to Mexicans who live in the States?One little hint: It's a bad word that would get XXXXXX here at TF.Basically,Moose just accused you of taking a 'moyote' bath.If you'd care to give him a harsh response,be careful to not use 'bannable' language:lol:

Excelscior
Aug 18th, 2012, 04:15 AM
Ex,do you know what a 'moyote' is,according to Mexicans who live in the States?One little hint: It's a bad word that would get XXXXXX here at TF.Basically,Moose just accused you of taking a 'moyote' bath.If you'd care to give him a harsh response,be careful to not use 'bannable' language:lol:

Oh.

I knew how long that game was. It was longer than the 5 min shower I took. I can tell you that. So I didn't pay Moose any mind. :)

But thanks. :lol:

bruce goose
Aug 29th, 2012, 09:04 AM
Still remember what a sheriff's deputy told me in the U.S. once: It's better to be judged by 12:armed: then carried by 6:eek:

bruce goose
Sep 3rd, 2012, 05:12 AM
The tournament's halfway over...and STILL no word about anyone DRAWing on the draw(sigh:o)...there's always next year:bounce:

paulmara
Sep 7th, 2012, 12:57 PM
Besides,my sister is about to have her first child via induced labor tomorrow,so that blessing outweighs virtually ANY negative:).

http://www.popularvirals.com/images/congratulations/congratulations-0994.jpg

steni
Sep 7th, 2012, 03:35 PM
Yes Congrats BG!

bruce goose
Sep 7th, 2012, 05:14 PM
http://www.popularvirals.com/images/congratulations/congratulations-0994.jpgIn a way,it's unfortunate that you have a life outside TF b/c we can't see more of you...thanks Paul:)

bruce goose
Sep 7th, 2012, 05:46 PM
Yes Congrats BG!Gracias,'Jacqui';)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgvQdLVDQ-M

A proposito,me parezco a` 'Guillermo' Levy,pero no me importa si eres blanquita o morenita:kiss:

paulmara
Sep 7th, 2012, 07:20 PM
What is your NFL 2012 season prediction? Don´t tell me Seattle will win it.

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1087006/argg_medium.gif

ShiftyFella
Sep 7th, 2012, 09:23 PM

Little Romio will shoot everyone in a leg but be punished by Godly force of Timmy The Great:rolls:

paulmara
Sep 8th, 2012, 09:25 AM
Little Romio will shoot everyone in a leg but be punished by Godly force of Timmy The Great:rolls:

Welcome to our club

http://pics.blameitonthevoices.com/042012/rihanna_smoking_a_joint.jpg

bruce goose
Sep 9th, 2012, 04:17 AM

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1087006/argg_medium.gifPaul,I always wait 'til after the first 4 weeks of the season before making my predictions.Football is a sport where the absence of even ONE player can make a huge,unchangeable difference...more so than with other major team sports.To answer your request,though: NO,Seattle won't win it barring any otherworldly events.Check the meteorology reports from Hell;if they report a long,extended blizzard from the inferno,then Seattle MIGHT have a shot this year;)

bruce goose
Sep 10th, 2012, 05:16 AM
My sis had Annabelle Charlotte today who,according to my mom,didn't cry upon birth despite waiting inside the womb about a week or more behind schedule

steni
Sep 10th, 2012, 12:28 PM
Felicidades! Es la primer sobrina?

bruce goose
Sep 10th, 2012, 02:21 PM
Felicidades! Es la primer sobrina?Si,guapa,pero tengo sobrino de mi hermana mas mayor

HowardH
Sep 10th, 2012, 02:33 PM
Congrats to Bruce's sister :D.

bruce goose
Sep 10th, 2012, 06:52 PM
Thanks,Howard and,in case anyone's worried,she's technically my HALF-sister and she's a very stable bio-chemist with a doctorate....so the baby is unlikely to turn out like AYE did:lol:

paulmara
Sep 23rd, 2012, 05:54 PM
in case anyone's worried,she's technically my HALF-sister

We know your complicated family

Daily News

Lisa Vanderpump's dog Giggy (L) threw a party for him and his canine companions on Tuesday

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/09/21/article-2206468-151EB089000005DC-421_634x341.jpg

bruce goose
Sep 24th, 2012, 06:29 PM
We know your complicated family

Daily News

Lisa Vanderpump's dog Giggy (L) threw a party for him and his canine companions on Tuesday

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/09/21/article-2206468-151EB089000005DC-421_634x341.jpgHave NO IDEA who Lisa Vanderpump is but,given the latter part of her last name,she could use it as a porn star moniker if she wanted.Could you give us a report on the dogs' table manners,please,Paul?

I'll honor your earlier request by naming Houston and San Fran as my extra-early faves to make the SB,but I'll know better within a couple weeks,Paul:wavey:

paulmara
Sep 24th, 2012, 07:11 PM
Daily Dogs News

Have NO IDEA who Lisa Vanderpump is

Pet Giggy Outshines Owner Lisa Vanderpump… Giggy was snapped up by the elite Creative Artists' Agency ….on CAA’s books are A-listers including Reese Witherspoon, Jennifer Aniston, Sandra Bullock, Brad Pitt, Tom Cruise and Julia Roberts.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/09/21/article-2206468-151EB084000005DC-494_634x661.jpg

Could you give us a report on the dogs' table manners,please,Paul?

It was a tea party

http://i.teddyhilton.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/bhc3_032.pbbig.jpg

in Beverly Hills

http://i.teddyhilton.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/bhc3_023.pbbig.jpg

for famous actors

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/09/21/article-2206468-151EB080000005DC-550_634x675.jpg

bruce goose
Sep 25th, 2012, 07:15 AM
It was a tea party

http://i.teddyhilton.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/bhc3_032.pbbig.jpg

in Beverly Hills

http://i.teddyhilton.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/bhc3_023.pbbig.jpg

for famous actors

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/09/21/article-2206468-151EB080000005DC-550_634x675.jpgWell,I still don't know who the f--k Vanderpump is,but if her bf's name is Long Rod,then I'll know my suspicions were correct.

EXCELLENT shots of the dogs comporting themselves well,Paul---I'd say that they were FAR more in control of their actions than the replacement refs for GB-Seattle were:help:

paulmara
Sep 27th, 2012, 06:16 PM
I'll honor your earlier request by naming Houston and San Fran as my extra-early faves to make the SB

Exactly like Mike Lombardi

I'd say that they were FAR more in control of their actions than the replacement refs

It is normal in Europe

http://www.cartoonstock.com/newscartoons/cartoonists/ggu/lowres/ggun392l.jpg

bruce goose
Sep 27th, 2012, 11:21 PM
Exactly like Mike Lombardi

It is normal in Europe

http://www.cartoonstock.com/newscartoons/cartoonists/ggu/lowres/ggun392l.jpgDon't know Mike Lombardi so it was just a coincidence.Atlanta is another decent possibility from the NFC,but they have such a bad recent track record of bowing out meekly in the playoffs that folks are skeptical about their toughness.You can't completely dismiss last year's SB teams because they've both shown a penchant for raising their level late in the season.Baltimore has an outside shot yet their defense looks older and slower than we've usually seen.

Have noticed how anal FIFA is,even to the detriment of the sport....There's one simple change I'd love to see which would prohibit forward position players from packing the goal box area.This would eliminate the sort of cowardly,chickenshit style you get from inferior countries like the U.S. and Switzerland who are afraid to attack against the better teams...so they just sit in a turtleshell for 90 minutes,waiting for their superior foes to make a grave mistake...it's pretty much unwatchable:zzz:.Forward players would have to wear a bright band around one arm so that officials could spot them easily,and the one caveat to the rule would be that they COULD directly mark an unmanned,attacking player---meaning they'd have to make an aggressive move to impede the attacker's progress,NOT just sit back and wait for him to approach---until defensive help arrived...at which point they would have to leave the goal box again.Any violations would allow the offensive team to get a free kick from the spot of the foul...it would be tantamount to a defensive offsides rule for forwards,and it would really open up the flow of play and permit skilled players to show their talents

paulmara
Sep 28th, 2012, 06:50 PM
There's one simple change I'd love to see which would prohibit forward position players from packing the goal box area.

100 years for goal line technology
100 years for next changes

interesting video : Assassination of Czech president

OeiyqPARh64

bruce goose
Sep 29th, 2012, 10:22 AM
interesting video : Assassination of Czech president

OeiyqPARh64So you did spellcheck on 'assassination',huh?:lol:

I'm gonna let any non-newshounds,who MIGHT be new to our thread,find out if the Czech president was really killed or not:tape:

paulmara
Sep 29th, 2012, 06:43 PM
I'm gonna let any non-newshounds,who MIGHT be new to our thread

We are not „Journal of Cognitive Neuroscience“

So you did spellcheck on 'assassination',huh?:lol:

Once I had my moment of hyperactivity and tried to „translate“ few episodes of „Assassination of Reinhard Heydrich“ for a British writer who was interested in safe houses.

bruce goose
Sep 29th, 2012, 11:13 PM
We are not „Journal of Cognitive Neuroscience“

Once I had my moment of hyperactivity and tried to „translate“ few episodes of „Assassination of Reinhard Heydrich“ for a British writer who was interested in safe houses.Though you are certainly creatively ACTIVE,Paul,it's hard to imagine your being intensely HYPERactive unless,say,a major ice storm wiped out the Mushroom harvest...btw,is Moose okay?I'm a little concerned that he may have accidentally urinated on a police officer,following his latest drunken binge,and gotten a longer-than-usual jail sentence.

It's true that your posts aren't exactly brain surgery;however,folks HAVE accused us of being mind(brain)less...which is a figurative comparison to neural,surgical techniques,huh?:lol:

paulmara
Sep 30th, 2012, 06:29 PM
btw,is Moose okay?I'm a little concerned that he may have accidentally urinated on a police officer,following his latest drunken binge,and gotten a longer-than-usual jail sentence.

He´s fine. He´s looking for a cat before his winter hibernation.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/09/26/article-2208658-1533D0AB000005DC-637_634x790.jpg

bruce goose
Oct 1st, 2012, 08:01 AM
He´s fine. He´s looking for a cat before his winter hibernation. According to research,Moose are cold-weather animals who don't need to hibernate...then again,we're talking about the cross-bred ARCTIC moose,so maybe that's an exception to the rule..........On to teams with animal nicknames: The Bengals' top four defensive backs were all out with injury,and yet the Jaguars' QB Blaine Gabbert STILL threw for less than 200 yards.Rumor has it that Gabbert will follow the deposed replacement refs back to high school so that he can face an easier level of competition for him:lol:

bruce goose
Nov 10th, 2012, 04:43 AM
Okay,we haven't used this thread for over a month---probably because there haven't been any Canine Tea Parties for Paul to report on...nor has Petra's pet Prosto urinated on any well-known people lately,so I'll start with some off-topic Gender News.....

A good,Polish friend--who,to be fair,is a MUCH bigger fan of men's tennis than women's--tells me that the ATP beat writers don't coddle the players anywhere NEAR as pathetically as jokes like Matt Cronin or the WTA webpage does.I can't verify this b/c I rarely follow the ATP,but mi amigo polaco says that a player who constantly used suspect injuries as excuses for losses would,justifiably,be treated with ridicule--as you see in other sports.We both speculated that it was partly the perception that many WTA gals were somewhat fragile and couldn't handle the harsh criticism;therefore,the journalists didn't wanna antagonise them by making them cry

On a more pleasant note,my third-oldest sister is having her 1st child.......She didn't TELL me,of course;my gf found out by browsing around on Facebook where my sis posted a pic of her 2 dogs with "conversation clouds"(is THAT what they're called?) above their heads....in which they were discussing the imminent addition to the family.She gets along with almost everyone,and her husband is mild-mannered,so the baby has a very decent shot at being more well-adjusted than his/her uncle is;)

EDIT: They're called 'Speech balloons','dialogue balloons' or 'word balloons'

paulmara
Nov 11th, 2012, 06:06 PM
probably because there haven't been any Canine Tea Parties for Paul to report on.

I´m in off-season mode

Besides,my sister is about to have her first child

my third-oldest sister is having her 1st child......

you gf is next

bruce goose
Nov 11th, 2012, 07:55 PM
I´m in off-season mode

you gf is next
1.Well,we will appreciate your pearls of wisdom even more when you resume your updates;"absence makes the heart grow fonder".With Winter approaching in the Western Hemisphere,I'm especially looking forward to your reports from the Penguin Olympics:cool:

2.My gf wants to get a stabler,managerial job before we get married,and she was about to get hired as Purchasing Manager at one of the maquilas here,but the American execs implemented a hiring freeze on ANY new positions because production is so low due to the piss-poor U.S. economy...which has been worsened by their pitiful assclown president who responded to the original crisis by running up a seven TRILLION dollar deficit in less than 4 years:facepalm:...THAT country has a bright future:rolleyes:...and our OWN economy will suffer as a result unless incoming Prez Pen~a Nieto can come up with some solid ideas.

3.(unrelated)When I was a young child,the Raiders symbolized toughness in the NFL,so much so that street gangs wore Raiders gear to promote a tough-guy image......Those days have LONG since gone;my faves,the Ravens,are bitch-slapping Oakland all over the field as if they were a Midget-League team.I think that an LFL squad would give us more difficult competition cuz at least they'd distract the guys with their sexy uniforms a little bit.....Btw,you asked me about the S-hawks at the start of the season: They have a really bright future ahead of them if they stay on the current track...they're not quite ready THIS year,yet they're not far off

bruce goose
Nov 11th, 2012, 10:05 PM
Easy win today...practically a scrimmage...vs. the junior varsity Raiders......but next week our odds will drop significantly as we visit a motivated Pittsburgh team for the featured Sunday night game.If we had stayed injury free in our most key positions,I'd have liked our chances at a second consecutive division title.The Steelers offense has really been clicking this year,though,so I think we'll go back to wildcard status again...with no legit shot at a SB......We blew it last year when that pendejo Lee Evans dropped the ball in the end zone:rolleyes:

netphobia
Nov 12th, 2012, 03:34 AM
Losing a match today that I should have won, and my subsequent reaction to losing, made me want to punch everyone in GM who has ever said Petra sucks after she loses.

bruce goose
Nov 12th, 2012, 06:39 AM
Though I'm sorry that you lost:hug:,at least your feisty reaction proves that you've got SOME Latina in you instead of being pure gringa;)

netphobia
Nov 12th, 2012, 04:09 PM
Forever losing to club-level pushers. :sobbing: Because I'm a headcase BBB.

paulmara
Nov 12th, 2012, 06:42 PM
pushers are boring

bruce goose
Nov 13th, 2012, 05:51 AM
Forever losing to club-level pushers. :sobbing: Because I'm a headcase BBB.Well,if you DO have any Latina blood in you,then THIS is bound to cheer you up
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uvt2-OTfym4

...it always leaves STENI tingling whenever she needs a pick-me-up:p.

bruce goose
Nov 13th, 2012, 04:12 PM
Injury Update: Ben Roethlisberger hurt his shoulder and was removed from the game in last night's win over KC,and there's at least some doubt as to whether he'll be ready for this Sunday.He's a gutsy player who's MORE than willing to play through pain but,from the Steelers' perspective,a lot depends on the nature of the injury.Certain shoulder ailments can be exacerbated and become far more serious if the player doesn't recuperate properly,while others are merely painful and heal gradually regardless of whether an athlete uses a throwing motion.

Backup Byron Leftwich is a serviceable QB who can adequately fill in for a while,but he can't perform nearly as well as Big Ben does and the Steelers would,obviously,rather have Ben for the playoffs and,to a lesser extent,key regular season games.I like the Ravens chances MUCh better if Leftwich starts for the Steelers OR if Ben plays with an impaired throwing motion.Even though they're our biggest rival,I don't wish any career-ending injury on Ben if he plays;however,I won't object if we knock him upside the head and leave him dizzy for a couple hours:devil:...as long as there's no long-term concussion-induced damage:angel:

netphobia
Nov 13th, 2012, 04:36 PM
Well,if you DO have any Latina blood in you,then THIS is bound to cheer you up
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uvt2-OTfym4

...it always leaves STENI tingling whenever she needs a pick-me-up:p....Oh and,in case you didn't figure it out,Net....YOU'RE the one being carried in the vid;)

Oh my. :oh: I don't know that I should have watched that with other people in the room.

bruce goose
Nov 13th, 2012, 04:55 PM
Just picturing that family scene now:haha:

netphobia
Nov 14th, 2012, 03:23 AM
My coach is going to procure some Wilson posters for me. The Wilson rep who gets them the racquets and stuff also gives them posters and he already gave me one of Vika...omg.

(They also happen to have a cardboard cutout of Petra for the Steam. But I'm not that creepy. :hysteric: :oh: )

bruce goose
Nov 14th, 2012, 04:09 AM
(They also happen to have a cardboard cutout of Petra for the Steam. But I'm not that creepy. :hysteric: :oh: )Are you saying that you ARE creepy--but just not enough to worship and talk to a cutout;)?......Gonna send you a PM in a little bit:wavey:

netphobia
Nov 14th, 2012, 04:29 AM
Are you saying that you ARE creepy--but just not enough to worship and talk to a cutout;)?......Gonna send you a PM in a little bit:wavey:

:lol: I don't know – there's a big debate in GM right now about whether recognizing obscure players is 'creepy' or speaks of obsession.

Anyways, I'm reasonably sure the Petra cutout brought me bad luck, because after I noticed it I choked my lead, mentally imploded and lost the match. :facepalm:

steni
Nov 14th, 2012, 05:35 AM
:lol: I don't know – there's a big debate in GM right now about whether recognizing obscure players is 'creepy' or speaks of obsession.

Anyways, I'm reasonably sure the Petra cutout brought me bad luck, because after I noticed it I choked my lead, mentally imploded and lost the match. :facepalm:

Hey Im always wondering, do you get piss off when your opponent hit a winner or do you call her names in your mind when you are losing??

netphobia
Nov 14th, 2012, 06:59 AM
Hey Im always wondering, do you get piss off when your opponent hit a winner or do you call her names in your mind when you are losing??

If my opponent hits a winner I'm usually pissed at myself for not getting to it...unless I really hate her in which case I am angry at her.;)

I don't know, I'm sure people are different, but if I'm losing I get...really...er, frustrated with myself. (There's a lot of hitting-racquet-against-the-sides-of-my-shoes and mumbling "oh my god get it together" to myself and occasionally if I do something really bad, I will say "COME ON REALLY?? REALLY???" or "OH, BEAUTIFUL, JUST BEAUTIFUL".)

Oh, the other day when I was losing, I remembered that I could hit a drop shot, and so I hit one, and as she ran for it (she didn't get to it in time) my friend said I had a very vindictive smile on my face..........

:help: :cuckoo:

steni
Nov 14th, 2012, 07:16 PM
If my opponent hits a winner I'm usually pissed at myself for not getting to it...unless I really hate her in which case I am angry at her.;)

I don't know, I'm sure people are different, but if I'm losing I get...really...er, frustrated with myself. (There's a lot of hitting-racquet-against-the-sides-of-my-shoes and mumbling "oh my god get it together" to myself and occasionally if I do something really bad, I will say "COME ON REALLY?? REALLY???" or "OH, BEAUTIFUL, JUST BEAUTIFUL".)

Oh, the other day when I was losing, I remembered that I could hit a drop shot, and so I hit one, and as she ran for it (she didn't get to it in time) my friend said I had a very vindictive smile on my face..........

:help: :cuckoo:

Lol! You are silly... How did you get involve in tennis?

netphobia
Nov 14th, 2012, 07:42 PM
My parents signed me up for lessons when I was 8. :lol: But before that I played "street tennis" with my brother where I stood on one half of the road and he stood on the other half and we hit a tennis ball back and forth. :help:

Then I accidentally allowed tennis to become my life :sad: ahah

Do any of you guys play?

paulmara
Nov 14th, 2012, 08:23 PM
Do any of you guys play?

Do you count "garden tennis" with kids ?

bruce goose
Nov 14th, 2012, 09:01 PM
Do you count "garden tennis" with kids ?The Emperor is an expert at Flipper Tennis in his free time,and he and I will expect a good summary of the important matches from you when the Polar Olympics are taking place

ShiftyFella
Nov 14th, 2012, 10:53 PM
Do any of you guys play?
sort of but everyone at local club hates me, i fist pump even on let cords:haha:

bruce goose
Nov 15th, 2012, 04:42 AM
sort of but everyone at local club hates me, i fist pump even on let cords:haha:This is where I must give the sport some credit for its code of etiquette: Even though it's not at all illegal,it seems that very few players intentionally try to hit their opponents with shots.If AYE had such opportunities,with an opponent whom I didn't like,I'd do it constantly:devil:

netphobia
Nov 15th, 2012, 04:46 AM
Oh! Kindred spirits! :oh:

bruce goose
Nov 15th, 2012, 04:53 AM
Now that you've overcome that momentary embarrassment from yesterday,you can tell me whether or not you enjoyed the Sortilegio vid;)

netphobia
Nov 15th, 2012, 05:10 AM
:lol: It's a trick question...I'd have to be dead not to enjoy it. (He looks like William Levy, the Cuban actor...is it him??) :drool:

bruce goose
Nov 15th, 2012, 02:48 PM
Injury Update: It turns out that Roethlisberger has an injured rib,too,so he has been completely ruled out of action for this Sunday's game in Pittsburgh.Since the rematch in Baltimore is only 2 weeks later,it's quite conceivable that he could miss THAT game as well.

Quite frankly,if we can't win EITHER of two games facing Byron Leftwich as QB,then we don't deserve to win the division AT ALL and I'll start looking towards next season.Byron is a gutsy fellow who has played through pain and injury,but he's a virtual statue in the passing pocket--and is only slightly above mediocrity in terms of passing skill--so ANY competent pro defense should be able to disrupt his rhythm.....Having said all that,we'd be really lucky to make it past Houston in the AFC playoffs,IMO;it's a bad matchup for us this season.Our best bet would be if someone ELSE upset them in the opening round of the playoffs,as we could find a way to outscore our other potential opponents...though Denver might be a tough challenge,too...even though we'd play them at home in Baltimore

ShiftyFella
Nov 15th, 2012, 05:57 PM
Did i tell you how disgusted i'm with Jets for ripping Timmy the Great? They're bunch of fools, having gem and completely misused it:o

btw, lockout situation drive me nuts, they even stopped talking:mad:

This is where I must give the sport some credit for its code of etiquette: Even though it's not at all illegal,it seems that very few players intentionally try to hit their opponents with shots.If AYE had such opportunities,with an opponent whom I didn't like,I'd do it constantly:devil:
i'm too lazy and unfocused to play for real, since me playing tennis is just part of gym exercise i behave like 10x Ivanovic constantly distracting opponent, fistpumping and kamaning, my only game plan to hit dropshots\lob combo since i can't do much else:haha:

bruce goose
Nov 15th, 2012, 09:48 PM
Did i tell you how disgusted i'm with Jets for ripping Timmy the Great? They're bunch of fools, having gem and completely misused it:o

btw, lockout situation drive me nuts, they even stopped talking:mad:

i'm too lazy and unfocused to play for real, since me playing tennis is just part of gym exercise i behave like 10x Ivanovic constantly distracting opponent, fistpumping and kamaning, my only game plan to hit dropshots\lob combo since i can't do much else:haha:I either would refuse to play someone I deeply disliked or,if FORCED to play him,I'd aim so many shots at his head that he'd either quit and walk off the court...or we'd just fight right there and forget about the match:lol:

You skipped right from NFL to NHL while hardly taking a breath:lol:....Ice hockey is a great sport so you have my sympathy.I'd love to see enforcers used in soccer as that would make it so much more intriguing;the only problem would be the red card rule so you'd have to send your enforcer in to take someone out at the end of the match when you either knew that you were going to lose....or were so far ahead that being a man down wouldn't hurt for a few minutes.FIFA is so fearful of that sort of brawling that you'd have to hire tight-lipped guys who wouldn't reveal any secrets: "No,coach didn't tell me to go in and kick that guy's ass;I just lost my temper again and it's merely a coincidence:angel: that I beat the crap out of the guy who kept fouling our best players..."

If your enforcer gets banned,who cares:p? You could keep him quiet with a nice payoff for doing his job well...and just hire ANOTHER enforcer...a boxer or MMA competitor.It's obvious that most soccer players fight like adolescent girls;the sissy boys are so scared of getting hit in the face that they don't even get close enough to land a punch...it's nothing but backhanded girl-slapping style:lol:.Of course,once the other players in the league read the papers and heard how your enforcers had sent a few guys to the hospital,they wouldn't foul your star players that much...at least not deliberately;)

Not meaning to mock your team,but don't expect the Jets to ever be a consistently-good franchise;they've been a Clown College operation for most of the last 40-odd years since they won their only Super Bowl...with only brief stretches of success in between...practically NEVER a SB favorite and,with the current management group,that's not gonna change anytime soon

ShiftyFella
Nov 15th, 2012, 10:55 PM
Jets my team? No, No, NO!! All teams in major sports i root for come from Philadelphia(except Oregon Ducks) and all this started from good ol' days of Broadstreet bullies, tho i wasn't even born when the real Flyers bullies were fighting with USSR, Boston and others. Also, because of this obsession i always mistake USA anthem with "God Bless America":lol:

I watch Jets only because Timmy the Great is there but they don't use him. Once we talking NFL, i hope Andy finally gets fired from coaching my Eagles, he should've left with Donovan a long time ago. He screwd one of the greatest QBs in Michel, then he made team that everyone feared soft and puffy. With all Vicks injuries i think we need new QB as well but who do we get, rookie Foles seams legit but i need to see him more at NFL level, tho i liked him at College level because college sports is the second thing after NHL i follow really closely.

I don't watch and don't like soccer much to me it's boring, also there no fights or good hard hits without pads like in rugby but i sometimes can enjoy women's soccer:)

bruce goose
Nov 15th, 2012, 11:23 PM
Wow! You're the first one I've met who agreed with me that women's soccer was more tolerable than men's;I'll admit that the very elite men's teams pass and share the ball impressively,but women are usually less selfish than men so they function as a team more fluidly.I also like the fact that they are FAR less bitchy than the so-called male players(the irony,huh?:lol:),and you only see a fraction of the pathetic diving and flopping that the men do.After being raised on the NFL in the U.S.,it's nearly impossible for me to respect sissy male athletes,though aye DO support the Tricolor,out of patriotism,whenever we play WC or any important international competition.

Andy Reid isn't a bad coach;a winning percentage like his,over a long stretch,doesn't come by accident,but he has always limited even his best teams with his rigid loyalty to the overrated West Coast Offense(WCO).Shanahan diversified the WCO by integrating the power running of Terrell Davis,and Holgrem opened it up by adding in a deep-passing component with Favre...but Andy never changed,and that's why I rank him with 'very good' coaches(Cowher,Fisher,Chuck Knox,etc.) but NOT 'great' ones....last Sunday's game was the Imploder Bowl:lol:.I think the Eagles would've won if Vick hadn't gotten hurt,yet they still wouldn't have made any sort of playoff run even with a healthy Vick...too much discord on that team

netphobia
Nov 16th, 2012, 01:57 AM
YESSS USWNT :cheer:

bruce goose
Nov 16th, 2012, 03:16 AM
YESSS USWNT :cheer:Would you care to explain what that means,mi sobrina:confused:

netphobia
Nov 16th, 2012, 03:23 AM
US Women's National Team. Soccer! :D

bruce goose
Nov 16th, 2012, 04:29 AM
Well,they certainly are an impressive bunch of gals;our own women use them as a benchmark for where they want the program to go.Our women's sports teams have been underfunded for years,but we've finally gotten a little more competitive against the girls from up north......still no question on who the best team is,though

paulmara
Nov 16th, 2012, 09:29 AM
soccer hmmm

Zlatan Ibrahimovic Wonder Goal Sweden Vs England 4 2

3QBrQ-IFHXg

bruce goose
Nov 16th, 2012, 10:22 AM
soccer hmmm

Zlatan Ibrahimovic Wonder Goal Sweden Vs England 4 2That's great,Paul,but the Polar Olympics are only a month away and we still haven't gotten ANY updates from you:(.....I only woke up to drain the weasel for a moment and noticed your post in my inbox,so I'll let you plan your journalistic endeavors as I head back to bed:wavey:

ShiftyFella
Nov 16th, 2012, 03:43 PM
Wow! You're the first one I've met who agreed with me that women's soccer was more tolerable than men's;I'll admit that the very elite men's teams pass and share the ball impressively,but women are usually less selfish than men so they function as a team more fluidly.I also like the fact that they are FAR less bitchy than the so-called male players(the irony,huh?:lol:),and you only see a fraction of the pathetic diving and flopping that the men do.After being raised on the NFL in the U.S.,it's nearly impossible for me to respect sissy male athletes,though aye DO support the Tricolor,out of patriotism,whenever we play WC or any important international competition.

Andy Reid isn't a bad coach;a winning percentage like his,over a long stretch,doesn't come by accident,but he has always limited even his best teams with his rigid loyalty to the overrated West Coast Offense(WCO).Shanahan diversified the WCO by integrating the power running of Terrell Davis,and Holgrem opened it up by adding in a deep-passing component with Favre...but Andy never changed,and that's why I rank him with 'very good' coaches(Cowher,Fisher,Chuck Knox,etc.) but NOT 'great' ones....last Sunday's game was the Imploder Bowl:lol:.I think the Eagles would've won if Vick hadn't gotten hurt,yet they still wouldn't have made any sort of playoff run even with a healthy Vick...too much discord on that team
I don't have bias towards women's sport(except for women's basketball), i enjoy most of women's sport and some of them i rank at the same level as men or even higher, women's soccer is way more better than men's but i'm not sure when it's get more exposure and prestige it would stay the same, look at lower rank men's soccer leagues, there almost none of flopping and whining, games more exciting most of the time and results more unpredictable which means more fun.

Andy great coach but we should have rid of him after Donovan left, it was clear stuff wasn't working and he doesn't have intangibles to win Superbowl title, yeah he can win games in regular season and some in playoffs but not the Superbowl. I think we would still lost if Michael was in the game but his injury saved the team because they would be eaten alive for loosing to Cowboys when 'healthy' Vick plays the game.

bruce goose
Nov 16th, 2012, 05:31 PM
I don't have bias towards women's sport(except for women's basketball), i enjoy most of women's sport and some of them i rank at the same level as men or even higher, women's soccer is way more better than men's but i'm not sure when it's get more exposure and prestige it would stay the same, look at lower rank men's soccer leagues, there almost none of flopping and whining, games more exciting most of the time and results more unpredictable which means more fun.

Andy great coach but we should have rid of him after Donovan left, it was clear stuff wasn't working and he doesn't have intangibles to win Superbowl title, yeah he can win games in regular season and some in playoffs but not the Superbowl. I think we would still lost if Michael was in the game but his injury saved the team because they would be eaten alive for loosing to Cowboys when 'healthy' Vick plays the game.You don't always need to have a great coach to win the SB.Sometimes a mere decent coach is enough as long as he doesn't get badly outschemed and has his team mentally prepared to play...and that's more often true when there's a well-disciplined team with excellent talent and mature veterans...the Cowboys even won with Barry Switzer as coach once....Cowher was what I'd call a decent coach(and one who had the respect of his players),and our SB-winning coach,Brian Billick,was the same.The Steelers current coach,Tomlin,looks like a better X's and O's guy,IMO,than Cowher was...and he'll probably be there a long time,too.I'm not sure what to say about McCarthy in Green Bay;yeah,he won his title,but I've seen so many games when GB was upset by weaker teams when they looked as if they came in flat and overconfident...and that's a poor reflection on the coaching staff.

I'm not sure that women's soccer players would change that much if the sport grew a lot;it's a sport that requires lots of hard work so it attracts the sort of women who are dedicated and goal-oriented.I don't see them becoming like the prissy male players are.....but you might be on to something when you discuss the disparity between elite and minor leagues.The top players in men's soccer are pampered so much that the sub-culture almost encourages a prima donna attitude.Baseball has become somewhat similar;if you check out the minor leagues,there's kind of a blue-collar,working man's atmosphere.The major leaguers of today,though,wouldn't cope too well if a time machine transported them to previous decades.In those eras,there were pitchers like Don Drysdale,Bob Gibson,Dizzy Dean and Don Newcombe WHO WEREN'T AFRAID TO FIGHT if an opposing player challenged them...and they'd either pitch inside to back a hitter off the plate or--if they didn't like a guy or thought he behaved wrongly--they'd hit him with a pitch on purpose.Today's punks couldn't cope with that.

Athletic women are usually fun to watch:hearts:;can't speak for basketball in other countries but,in the U.S.,it attracts lots of masculine gals,unfortunately,who play a style that's almost thuggishly aggressive...Yeah,you're right;it's often unpleasant to watch in terms of quality of play.On a more important note,studies show that women who play sports are usually more emotionally well-rounded than those who are totally inactive in that area,and they tend to fare better in their personal relationships.It's obviously not true in ALL cases,yet the stats show it to be a consistent trend

ShiftyFella
Nov 16th, 2012, 06:23 PM
I think to win SB you either need: team that functions as a real hard working team not necessary great one just good; or team with star players and a great coach that can made them perform and deal with their personalities; or great QB that can lead whole team and hold everyone accountable or be just Montana like good enough to win on it's own. GB have Rodgers who's big time and that was more than enough to win SB but his cockiness and inability to hold everyone accountable especially himself would hold them back to win another unless GM\Owner\Coach fix their problems on defense and some on offense to make it irrelevant.

Problem i have with women's basketball it's just not like men's, they can't play hard and psychical enough to match what guys can do, also their game variety is poor and women that playing basketball at WNBA not as athletic as men, tho at college level they are fun to watch but men's college basketball is still better. It's strange women's basketball should be my favorite sport in theory because there bunch of tall women that battle each other and there whole lotta booty\titty jiggling and touching going on but it's just not, i rather would go watch lingerie league madness than women's basketball:lol: even women's mma has more hot gals than basketball

paulmara
Nov 16th, 2012, 07:01 PM
That's great,Paul,but the Polar Olympics are only a month away and we still haven't gotten ANY updates from you:(.....I only woke up to drain the weasel for a moment and noticed your post in my inbox,so I'll let you plan your journalistic endeavors as I head back to bed:wavey:

When I was shaving

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/11/15/article-2233048-16068FDE000005DC-669_964x935.jpg

I was dreaming about the Polar Olympics

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/11/07/article-2229275-15E4BDAD000005DC-911_634x754.jpg

But it seems Mr. Penguin is gone.

bruce goose
Nov 16th, 2012, 07:32 PM
I agree with most of the above except any team needs at least a couple great players to step up and make key plays vs. talented opponents in the playoffs.GOOD players make for important complementary parts but it's very,very rare that a championship team has zero GREAT players.For that to happen,they'd have to have exceptional teamwork and,most likely,meet a less-disciplined opponent for the title.

Also,there isn't ANY QB who can lift a mediocre team to a SB title....I recall the 1984 Dolphins who lost to SF in the SB,and Marino was practically SUPERNATURAL that season(over and above his normal Hall-of-Fame level).He had 3 good WRs and decent TEs plus a solid Offensive Line...but the Dolphins defense sucked that season and their overall talent level wasn't that high,either.At a minimum,even a Marino,Montana or Elway requires adequate pass protection and receivers who can create some degree of separation on their routes...and the defense must do no worse than create turnovers and limit the opponent's scoring somewhat.If you have to outscore EVERYone,then it will eventually catch up with you one day when you'r slightly off...maybe scoring 24 instead of 31.I recall that the Saints defense from 3 years ago gave up lots of yards...yet they had an effective standard pass rush and blitz that would disrupt the opposing QB and they had quick,talented playmakers on D who caused plenty of turnovers....unlike the current Saints' D,they bent but didn't break...they were just good enough to let Brees and the offense do their thing.

Finally,I'm sure you'd agree with this: The women basketball players aren't poor athletes;they simply can't do all the things the men do,and we're somewhat spoiled because the men's athletic brilliance is something we're accustomed to.The disparity isn't as great in some of the other two-gender sports...there IS a notable difference in tennis,but that's offset by the superior visual beauty and grace of the women...plus the fact that the men,in large numbers,are obnoxious,totally unlikable,swishy punks.I can't think of any whom I'd wish death upon:angel:,but there ARE a few for whom I'd PAY MONEY to see them line up for a scrimmage in NFL training camp:devil:.Our test case would probably assume that there would be celebrity kid gloves treatment,but I'd go to the players beforehand and tell them,"See that tenista over there?He says that you all are a bunch of idiots who lack the intellect to get a real job...and he also said that anyone who plays such a violent sport for a living must be a savage,inbred moron..."
NFL Players::fiery::fiery::fiery:
Yo: :p

bruce goose
Nov 16th, 2012, 07:39 PM
When I was shaving

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/11/15/article-2233048-16068FDE000005DC-669_964x935.jpg

I was dreaming about the Polar Olympics

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/11/07/article-2229275-15E4BDAD000005DC-911_634x754.jpg

But it seems Mr. Penguin is gone.Oh,he'll be back,and you can be sure that he'll catch the Games on satellite dishes from any number of his residences across the globe.As you've already seen--and as the lovely,helpless ice skater found out--he's an unstoppable chick magnet so that occupies part of his leisure time.Luckily for the skater,though,the Emperor is a true,refined gentleman who will treat her with dignity

ShiftyFella
Nov 16th, 2012, 09:07 PM
Finally,I'm sure you'd agree with this: The women basketball players aren't poor athletes;they simply can't do all the things the men do,and we're somewhat spoiled because the men's athletic brilliance is something we're accustomed to.The disparity isn't as great in some of the other two-gender sports...there IS a notable difference in tennis,but that's offset by the superior visual beauty and grace of the women...plus the fact that the men,in large numbers,are obnoxious,totally unlikable,swishy punks.I can't think of any whom I'd wish death upon:angel:,but there ARE a few for whom I'd PAY MONEY to see them line up for a scrimmage in NFL training camp:devil:.Our test case would probably assume that there would be celebrity kid gloves treatment,but I'd go to the players beforehand and tell them,"See that tenista over there?He says that you all are a bunch of idiots who lack the intellect to get a real job...and he also said that anyone who plays such a violent sport for a living must be a savage,inbred moron..."
NFL Players::fiery::fiery::fiery:
Yo: :p
That's why i watch women's sport, tho with some disciplines i'm still biased towards women's like grumpy old men:lol:

I would like Tipsy, Kohlschreiberget or Simon to go on the field and try run the ball:haha:

My dream brawl match up would be NFL vs Rugby players all without pads, then we can see who's really tougher:rolleyes:

bruce goose
Nov 16th, 2012, 09:38 PM
That's why i watch women's sport, tho with some disciplines i'm still biased towards women's like grumpy old men:lol:

I would like Tipsy, Kohlschreiberget or Simon to go on the field and try run the ball:haha:

My dream brawl match up would be NFL vs Rugby players all without pads, then we can see who's really tougher:rolleyes:Yeah,I'd definitely pay to watch Tipsy;the sheer terror on his face would be worth the price:lol:

You might know that the more modern use of the word 'football' comes from rugby....There were two football leagues in England in the 1800s,for 'Association Football' and 'Rugby Football'.Association football was what North Americans call soccer...and was clearly the more popular of the two...but the latter version made its way to U.S. colleges shortly after their civil war ended,and the gringos simply dropped 'rugby' from the title.I respect rugby players a whole lot,but they're usually smaller and not as fast...so the impact of their collisions isn't as potent as what you get in the NFL.If you tried to play without pads in today's NFL,injuries would be so non-stop that it would undermine the watchability of the sport...with all the best players constantly getting knocked out and having their careers shortened

ShiftyFella
Nov 16th, 2012, 10:52 PM
Yeah, I always troll friends with the word "football" since they don't watch american sports by calling am.footbal real football and football - puffy soccer:lol:

Most of injuries in today's NFL come from stupidity, they don't follow "proper" tackling rules, i get really mad when guys even considering making helmet to helmet hits. Offensive players became more athletic and now it's hard for fat DE\DT to even catch old granny like TO, tho he's always keeps himself in great shape. Rugby union players are more tougher because they have more real muscle mass to protect them, most of offensive line and defensive players are just tall fat kids who need oxygen on sidelines after they run few yards but rugby game is more dynamic and demanding since they don't stop playing every minute, you're an offense and defense at the same time, also in scrum you need some toughens and stamina to keep going because nobody will stop the play because there no "no forward progression rule" in place and it can go on for a while. Rugby allows only proper way to tackle anybody combine this with less contact allowed compared to NFL and you get less injuries. NFL guys are just more used to constant beating, actually i think it would be really interesting match up to see, Fast WRs with big Linesmans vs more all around guys from Rugby Union

bruce goose
Nov 16th, 2012, 11:24 PM
In a couple instances,you generalized a bit too much,and some of it wasn't all that accurate.....While you're right that offensive lineman and interior defensive lineman are often just big,fat guys,that's simply not the case with linebackers and even most defensive ends nowadays.It's only logical that they'd take a short break at the whistle(though that doesn't occur so much with the no-huddle offense in effect),because the collisions are frequently so brutal that it'd be almost suicidal to NOT have a chance to recuperate,and even no-huddle proponents need to back off the pace at times so that their OL can catch their breath....Even supposed non-stop sports such as soccer and basketball have brief breaks where players take it easy for a few seconds when the ball goes out of play.

Let me be clear that I have LOTS of respect for rugby players,but most of them would have a hard time NOT getting de-cleated if they sustained a collision from a large,athletic NFL linebacker or safety even if the footballer were padless as in rugby.That's not due to lack of toughness in any way;it's simply the laws of physics in play: When you have a larger object moving at a rapid speed,it's just harder for the smaller object to hold its ground,and the more skilled NFL players are VERY adept at sound tackling techniques.

EDIT: That MIGHt not fall under the laws of physics,actually...it might be the laws of motion or some others--I'm just too lazy to check that out right now

ShiftyFella
Nov 18th, 2012, 04:06 PM
I'm still recovering from Oregon loss but i hope Eagles can bring something to cheer me up, tho i'm not sure:o

bruce goose
Nov 18th, 2012, 04:29 PM
I'm still recovering from Oregon loss but i hope Eagles can bring something to cheer me up, tho i'm not sure:oThat's why I'm never as into the college game when it comes to football...The rivalries are great and there's often high-quality action,but there's such a drop-off in maturity and consistency,compared to the pros,that it's frustrating to watch for me at times.

Some fans have "second favorites";i.e.,teams they don't like as much as they do their faves...but ones they can still happily cheer for when they do well.For me,the Redskins are like "1-B" behind my favorites,the Ravens;I don't agonize too much when they lose,yet I can enjoy their victories a lot...and then there are teams that aye SORT OF like cuz of certain players they have...the Saints with Brees,the Broncos with Manning,etc.,though there's never any conflict if they face my faves.....Shifty,I think you need to latch onto a 'second fave' for the rest of the year because,based on what I saw last week,there are a lot of Eagles who appear to have quit on the season...but good luck,anyway:hatoff:--maybe they'll prove me wrong....At the very least,Oregon is likely to finish up with an excellent season...just not the perfect ending they'd hoped for

ShiftyFella
Nov 18th, 2012, 05:24 PM
I have bunch of team that can qualify as "second fave" but it's not the same when your team keeps loosing badly. I think for fans in Philadelphia it's worse then for me. Nice stat warms me at the moment is that Redskins are 0-8 against rookie starters since 06:lol:

I like College football because of traditions, great rivalries, Bowls and it's more entering because of youth spark and there more place for creativity. Standford defense is really good and we always have tough games against them. Oregon wasn't tested against really good run defense this season but we blown our chance to make statement in BCS race, game vs instate rival Oregon St would be tough too. We still have slim chance to end up in TOP3 before final voting if Oregon has blowout wins something like 55-3, i'm more frustrated by the fact that Bama again in BCS champ, tho i like Bama but i'm tired of them and SEC conference winning titles. If ND looses race for #2 spot could be tough, also Georgia can make statement in SEC Conference final and made voting even more messed up.

As the old wisdom says "Football season begins on Thanksgiving":worship::lol:

bruce goose
Nov 18th, 2012, 06:00 PM
Wow! That's a pathetic stat for the Redskins;THAT would be hard to do even if gamblers controlled the team and you had players trying to lose ON PURPOSE.

But I'm hardcore,so the Thanksgiving quote is B.S. to me and the rest of us who are true fans...and the problem with college football is the mediocrity at key positions...it's just too much for me sometimes.I can't watch a game where the QB is inferior to some gal from the Lingerie Football League in throwing the ball...and it's almost laughable when you have even TWO receivers waltzing down the field uncovered with no defender even visible on the screen...and then you have the blowouts where one team almost literally has ZERO chance to win.In the pros,even suck-ass teams like the Browns or Raiders can beat SB contenders once in a while.It's not the same as basketball where players require less time to physically mature and top college boys are already ready for the NBA....NCAA football is still lots of fun somtimes,but I'm a perfectionist when it comes to my favorite sport so I can't tolerate wishbone QBs who can't throw the ball more than 10 yards

netphobia
Nov 19th, 2012, 12:52 AM
I bought Petra's outfit from Stuttgart today at the Nike outlet :oh: perhaps it will bring me terrible luck

bruce goose
Nov 19th, 2012, 06:02 AM
I bought Petra's outfit from Stuttgart today at the Nike outlet :oh: perhaps it will bring me terrible luckWell,would a bf 4 years younger than you equal terrible luck:lol:?What if he were VERY mature and good-looking??Would it be possible??Or is Petra all by herself in that crowd?

netphobia
Nov 19th, 2012, 06:16 AM
Well,would a bf 4 years younger than you equal terrible luck:lol:?What if he were VERY mature and good-looking??Would it be possible??Or is Petra all by herself in that crowd?

:unsure: I'll stick to imitating her game...when it's on, of course... :lol:

paulmara
Nov 19th, 2012, 09:07 AM
I bought Petra's outfit from Stuttgart today at the Nike outlet :oh: perhaps it will bring me terrible luck

This one ?

http://img.cz.prg.cmestatic.com/media/images/600x338/Apr2012/981223.jpg?d41d

bruce goose
Nov 19th, 2012, 05:04 PM
Well,although he embarrassed us somewhat by moseying into the end zone from 31 yards away at glacial speed,Leftwich's utter lack of mobility ultimately allowed us to play target practice with our pass rush.....Could be a tough game next week in San Diego with Rivers taking aim at our suspect secondary,but it's nice to have a two-game division lead with only 6 games left.......And Shifty,I don't know what to say: That was just ugly,though it was nice of Andy Reid to claim that he saw a dedicated effort yesterday...maybe that was the onset of insanity,though:eek:

ShiftyFella
Nov 19th, 2012, 06:39 PM
dedicated effort my ass, yesterday was ugly mess with bunch of arguing and finger pointing on sidelines. I don't know where to begin it was one of the worst games in Andy era. Who let rookie starter throw the ball 40+ times when we have McCoy and your all wins come when he has 25+ carries but now we didn't have even him, it was brutal at the end of the game. Even Jets somehow won againts Rams who almost beat 49ers:confused:

bruce goose
Nov 20th, 2012, 12:46 AM
For the record,McCoy suffered a concussion at some point....I'm not sure precisely WHEN but that might account for the lesser carries.

This was actually a little sad to watch cuz I know that Reid has been thru a lot with the sordid death of one of his sons,so I felt some sympathy watching so many players quit on him...and then he refused to throw them under the bus,a classy move.I'm not sure that the personnel moves were such a bright idea last year as Andy has done well with low-key stars who were team oriented.On those rare occasions when the Eagles had a flashy star like T.O.,things were sort of rocky;Andy's not the kind of coach for a turbulent,prima donna roster.You need a respected disciplinarian like Belichick or Parcells to manage a bunch like that.This current roster was NEVER a team,just a collection of talented players who were messily acquired.....You'd think that GMs would learn,huh?

netphobia
Nov 20th, 2012, 06:24 AM
This one ?

http://img.cz.prg.cmestatic.com/media/images/600x338/Apr2012/981223.jpg?d41d

Yeah that's the one.

It's quite nice, actually.

ShiftyFella
Nov 20th, 2012, 10:19 AM
For the record,McCoy suffered a concussion at some point....I'm not sure precisely WHEN but that might account for the lesser carries.

This was actually a little sad to watch cuz I know that Reid has been thru a lot with the sordid death of one of his sons,so I felt some sympathy watching so many players quit on him...and then he refused to throw them under the bus,a classy move.I'm not sure that the personnel moves were such a bright idea last year as Andy has done well with low-key stars who were team oriented.On those rare occasions when the Eagles had a flashy star like T.O.,things were sort of rocky;Andy's not the kind of coach for a turbulent,prima donna roster.You need a respected disciplinarian like Belichick or Parcells to manage a bunch like that.This current roster was NEVER a team,just a collection of talented players who were messily acquired.....You'd think that GMs would learn,huh?
No, No, No. less carries are only because Andy refuses to play balanced game and throws Michael under the bus making him stand in the pocket and take all those hits, even when Michael was running like crazy in Atlanta he had less hits and they were less brutal, now all of them accumulated and he loses the ball if you breath on him. McCoy as any back had few minor concussion this is just part of the game, before Sunday's game i didn't remember last time when he turned over the ball. Eagles are mess right now, i think even Mike Singletary with his "We go out, we hit people in the mouth" comments would be better coach at the moment than Andy.:sad:

I like Andy as person and what he done with Vick the person after his jail time, his dedication to franchise but on the football field he misused Michael and made team soft, i think it's time to let him go, there plenty of teams and he can find coaching job in NFl. Some might overreact to want to fire him now but i think he deserves more respect than this and be replaced at the end of the season.

bruce goose
Nov 20th, 2012, 05:36 PM
No, No, No. less carries are only because Andy refuses to play balanced game and throws Michael under the bus making him stand in the pocket and take all those hits, even when Michael was running like crazy in Atlanta he had less hits and they were less brutal, now all of them accumulated and he loses the ball if you breath on him. McCoy as any back had few minor concussion this is just part of the game, before Sunday's game i didn't remember last time when he turned over the ball. Eagles are mess right now, i think even Mike Singletary with his "We go out, we hit people in the mouth" comments would be better coach at the moment than Andy.:sad:

I like Andy as person and what he done with Vick the person after his jail time, his dedication to franchise but on the football field he misused Michael and made team soft, i think it's time to let him go, there plenty of teams and he can find coaching job in NFl. Some might overreact to want to fire him now but i think he deserves more respect than this and be replaced at the end of the season."Throwing someone under the bus" usually implies that you're forcing someone to take the blame for YOUR screwups,and I don't think that's Andy's intention there;).Besides,McNabb would constantly roam out of the pocket and make throws while moving.If I had to GUESS,Andy may've suggested to Vick that he sees the whole field better when he's not moving around so much,but I doubt that he prohibited him from leaving the pocket.Even if he HAD done so,that wouldn't stop Vick from simply throwing the ball away to avoid hits.There's a lot more protection and liberty for QBs nowadays to NOT get called for intentional grounding.I remember back when Marino--who had the mobility of a one-legged sloth--used to avoid LOTS of sacks and hits by throwing it away.

...and,on a side note,thanks to Shula's clout on the NFL Competition Committee,Dan would get pampered horribly by the refs if any pass rusher just lightly bumped him after the throw.....PLUS he very rarely got called for grounding even when it was a textbook case.Still,Dan provided so many great games for NFL lore that I'm sorry that he couldn't get just one ring

ShiftyFella
Nov 20th, 2012, 06:56 PM
"Throwing someone under the bus" usually implies that you're forcing someone to take the blame for YOUR screwups,and I don't think that's Andy's intention there;).Besides,McNabb would constantly roam out of the pocket and make throws while moving.If I had to GUESS,Andy may've suggested to Vick that he sees the whole field better when he's not moving around so much,but I doubt that he prohibited him from leaving the pocket.Even if he HAD done so,that wouldn't stop Vick from simply throwing the ball away to avoid hits.There's a lot more protection and liberty for QBs nowadays to NOT get called for intentional grounding.I remember back when Marino--who had the mobility of a one-legged sloth--used to avoid LOTS of sacks and hits by throwing it away.

Andy tried to make Vick true pocket passer but his release time is not fast enough to save himself, also he's too short and small to stand in a pocket. Michael has great legs and athletic enough to extend plays moving out of the pocket or even get downs by running himself but without protection from offensive line which is horrible he wasn't able to do that because defenders get to him really fast. Andy's stubbornness in a way screwed Michael with his wrong game plan, Vick sees field and throws better when moving. He was and is running first QB but Andy tried to convert him to pass first.

bruce goose
Nov 21st, 2012, 05:44 AM
Andy tried to make Vick true pocket passer but his release time is not fast enough to save himself, also he's too short and small to stand in a pocket. Michael has great legs and athletic enough to extend plays moving out of the pocket or even get downs by running himself but without protection from offensive line which is horrible he wasn't able to do that because defenders get to him really fast. Andy's stubbornness in a way screwed Michael with his wrong game plan, Vick sees field and throws better when moving. He was and is running first QB but Andy tried to convert him to pass first.Well,I can appreciate your complaint here but--again,this is just a guess--perhaps Andy was concerned that Vick would repeat the same mistakes that McNabb sometimes made at key moments...that is,he took off running for a 1st down and totally missed the open receiver who was 50 yards downfield and probably would've had a TD.

I suppose it's because some rookies are so completely awful,but I'm disappointed with how easily impressed some media are with many young QBs:rolleyes:...just like some guys get horny over ANY model no matter how ugly and scrawny she is.So far,I haven't seen ANYthing from Noles that would justify avid support from Eagles fans,and it's a little sad that the uplifting redemption of Vick might end with his taking a back seat to such an unremarkable QB

bruce goose
Nov 22nd, 2012, 03:01 PM
Am really glad to hear that the 'track' officials have found and shaven a nice long,level area for the Penguin Ice Slide this year...it should keep the sporting purists happy that it won't be held on a slightly downhill slope as in other recent years.With an effective running start,a top competitor might well be able to break the previously-unimaginable 100-meter mark this year

paulmara
Nov 22nd, 2012, 06:11 PM
Am really glad to hear that the 'track' officials have found and shaven a nice long,level area for the Penguin Ice Slide this year...it should keep the sporting purists happy that it won't be held on a slightly downhill slope as in other recent years.With an effective running start,a top competitor might well be able to break the previously-unimaginable 100-meter mark this year

Really ?

http://i.lidovky.cz/11/121/lngal/MEV3fb6d1_emp_ranch3_lg.jpg

Tienes que comprar boletos para Lucha greco-romano de los osos polares;es un evento MUY popular y los asientos desaparecen rapidamente:p

I don´t speak Spanish. Did you mean ?

http://www.thebears.uk.com/images/funny%20bear%20hug.jpg

bruce goose
Nov 22nd, 2012, 08:56 PM
Really ?

http://i.lidovky.cz/11/121/lngal/MEV3fb6d1_emp_ranch3_lg.jpgThis is NOT an official Olympic racetrack for the Penguin Slide,thank goodness

bruce goose
Nov 22nd, 2012, 09:01 PM
I don´t speak Spanish. Did you mean ?

http://www.thebears.uk.com/images/funny%20bear%20hug.jpgWell,I posted the other part in Spanish so that the other posters,aside from my hot Costa Rican gf:hearts:,wouldn't know just how off-topic I was;)

While I commend the polar bear above for his inter-species friendship with arctic wolves,such laid-back behavior will NOT serve him well in the Greco-Roman Polar Bear Wrestling event.There will be PBs coming from ALL over the colder parts of the world....Canada,Russia,the U.S.,Greenland...and,as you might guess,the competition will be VERY intense:eek:

paulmara
Nov 23rd, 2012, 09:21 AM
I watched Detroit Houston OT. It was a comedy not to mention Detroit´s coach.

bruce goose
Nov 23rd, 2012, 02:30 PM
I watched Detroit Houston OT. It was a comedy not to mention Detroit´s coach.Houston's best LB was injured and will miss the rest of the season because of some low-class,blind-side cut block that SHOULD be illegal.Even so,their best defensive back is also injured right now(though he's expected to return soon),so that largely explains their poor pass defense in these last two games--they're still an excellent team.Detroit is talented,too,but they have a track record of mental meltdowns,and their coaching & personnel staff is responsible for much of that.The coaches play a major role in instilling discipline,and the personnel department is supposed to draft players who are emotionally mature and,if they make a mistake with a draft pick,trade him to some OTHER team that welcomes dummies and will exchange one for a player of equal value.Detroit's head coach is a very good X's and O's guy but,as you saw,he allows his emotional tendencies to get the best of him.

Btw,are you familiar with the difference between Greco-Roman wrestling and Freestyle wrestling?Polar bears excel at both while walruses only participate in the former.There's a movement under way,actually,to have walruses wrestle SUMO style instead of Greco-Roman cuz they have limited use of their arms(flippers)

ShiftyFella
Nov 25th, 2012, 09:32 AM
ND is in BCS title game, they truly deserve it, Ohio St should be there too but 'bowl ban' denies them opportunity. I hope Georgia crushes Bama they deserve it more, Bama was not that impressive as last year, half of they games were on verge of loosing other 'big wins' vs second echelon. Standford by beating UCLA goes to Pac-12 championship to play again vs UCLA for spot in Rose Bowl. I'm so angry and little disappointed, Oregon lost one game they shouldn't have lost, tho Fiesta bowl(probably) still great respectable BCS Bowl but this is no Rose Bowl to me. Anyway Oregon has impressive record with Chip Kelly as coach in conference games by going 36-3 in 4 years.

Football Sunday is on the way, so i make my 'expert' predictions:lol:

Minnesota over Bears, Saints over 49ers, Rams over Arizona, Chargers over Ravens(yeah, you can laugh but i think Rivers can pull upset)

bruce goose
Nov 25th, 2012, 12:48 PM
It's sort of random how the NCAA punishes some schools and not others,though they usually leave the elite programs alone and pick on 2nd-tier 'A' programs like Auburn...schools that are very good but not awesome...so I'm surprised that the cowards dared to put OSU on probation--they'll make it up to them later:lol:.Still,OSU had to f-up REALLY badly to get caught,so tough shit on them:shrug:.Corruption in their educational system played a role in the overall moral decline and collapse of the Roman Empire,and I laugh when I see the same thing happening in the U.S.,and most of them are too greedy and blind to even notice it

Your Chargers pick is actually not bad at all;I was telling my friends that the Ravens might be vulnerable for a letdown in between the 2 Steelers' games--the rematch is next week

ShiftyFella
Nov 25th, 2012, 05:37 PM
The most ridicilous part about OSU suspension, that they were able in the middle of last season accept punishment for that year when they had suckish record around that time and not for this, also it was already reported Meyer would be head coach for next year. Why they screwed up with this complete mystery to me. Now school, players and athletic department tries to appeal this suspension and get to any bowl they would be allowed. My only guess that they knew Meyer would be good but not undefeated team good in his first year.

bruce goose
Nov 26th, 2012, 06:24 AM
Football Sunday is on the way, so i make my 'expert' predictions:lol:

Minnesota over Bears, Saints over 49ers, Rams over Arizona, Chargers over Ravens(yeah, you can laugh but i think Rivers can pull upset)The Chargers should've won...except they're the Chargers.When teams blow that many 4th-qtr. leads,we're WAYYY past it being 'bad luck'.The Chargers have simply drafted and acquired lots of players who fail to step up and make plays when it really counts,and that was abundantly evident on 4th-and-29.They aren't the sorriest team by a long shot,yet they're almost textbook Losers nonetheless...and having a choking spirit guide like Norv Turner just adds to the dark destiny

The Vikes are a mediocre team who has a chance to make some big strides soon...but they're not ready yet.Cutler made some absurdly-sharp throws that normal Bears' QBs have never made;the disparity in W/L record speaks for itself.Marshall is the only highly-talented Bears receiver,and I consider him overrated...he gets flustered when a physical DB bumps him and knocks him off his route...as for the others,they can barely get ANY separation between themselves and the defense,so it's only Cutler's amazing throws that make any passing game possible...the TD toss to Spaeth was incredible,and you should catch it on replay if you haven't already

The Saints have awful pass protection which is covered up by Brees' lightning-quick release...a slow,plodding QB like Byron Leftwich would've been sacked about 75 times so far this season if he had played for the Saints.Their run-blocking sucks,too...and we don't even need to discuss how manure-ish their defense is.Brees and the top skill players on offense have made that team look better than it is;they'd be a last-place squad in the AFC North

What can we say about the Cards?Kurt Warner dropped plenty of signs a couple years ago that he was going to retire,and the Cards prepared for that by basically begging him to stay and not getting any reliable replacement:facepalm:.Can you recall seeing a wishbone college QB who couldn't throw the ball more than 10 yards with any accuracy---yet was FORCED to throw cuz his team had fallen behind?Well,many of the recent Cards' QBs have looked that pitiful and overmatched from the opening snap of the game....They've actually made some strong draft pickups of late,but that won't amount to anything unless the injured Kevin Kolb...or some unanticipated pickup...can truly lead them

ShiftyFella
Nov 26th, 2012, 04:09 PM
good thing i was out of money to place some bets:haha:

I thought Saints would get revenge on 'better' Tebow at home for loss to Smith but damn they were horrible. Saints desperately need better defense or 'genius' play calling by Sean Payton.

Minnesota disappointed me the most. Vikings missed some real chances by making stupid penalties, also i wasn't expecting Cutler to play that good:o

What can i say about Ravens? Ray Rice was awesome at crunch time:worship: but they were saved by missed penalty

btw, Steelers socked me, without Big Ben it's jockey of a team that really stinks, tho game at Baltimore probably would show real level of Steelers without Big Ben

TimeyWimey
Nov 26th, 2012, 05:37 PM
good thing i was out of money to place some bets:haha:

I thought Saints would get revenge on 'better' Tebow at home for loss to Smith but damn they were horrible. Saints desperately need better defense or 'genius' play calling by Sean Payton.

Minnesota disappointed me the most. Vikings missed some real chances by making stupid penalties, also i wasn't expecting Cutler to play that good:o

What can i say about Ravens? Ray Rice was awesome at crunch time:worship: but they were saved by missed penalty

btw, Steelers socked me, without Big Ben it's jockey of a team that really stinks, tho game at Baltimore probably would show real level of Steelers without Big Ben

:crying2::crying2:

bruce goose
Nov 26th, 2012, 06:16 PM

btw, Steelers socked me, without Big Ben it's jockey of a team that really stinks, tho game at Baltimore probably would show real level of Steelers without Big BenIn the back of his mind,Jim Harbaugh has some doubts that Kapaernick....or however the f--k you spell it:lol:....will be ready for the tricks that def. co-ordinators will play on the youngster in the playoffs,so it's wise of him to not push A.Smith out of the picture.The 49'ers are easily the most balanced team,off./def.,in the NFC.The Giants secondary is awful and will eventually get exposed in the playoffs.Green Bay's pass protection looks like a kindergarten fire drill...IMAGINE how many sacks they'd have given up if Rodgers weren't mobile,with a quick release to boot....The Bears are scrappy overachievers,but they'll hit the wall,as usual....Am definitely not a believer in the Falcons;they're a very good team,well coached and they have a few playmakers who step up at crunchtime...but I don't see them going to the SB...heck,they may even lose their first game again--they'll win it IF they get the right matchup with a weaker wild card team...just too many holes on that team,though

This is the Niners year...even if they face their recent nemesis the Giants again,I think they'll ignore this year's loss and recall how razor-close they came LAST year...and they'll pull through this time.

You're not making excuses for SD,are you??I'm not sure what penalty you're referring to,but SD deserved to lose that game after pissing away so many chances to clinch it...this after choking away so many OTHER games in the last 3 years.If they had ANY professional pride,they'd step up at crunch time just to silence the ridicule they've faced so much.The fact that they DON'T step up means that,by football 'karma',they deserve whatever happens to them....I feel sorry for Rivers on that sinking ship

No,the Steelers aren't THAT bad;that game with 8 turnovers was an ugly fluke,but it's true that they have a big dropoff when Ben goes out.Batch used to be able to do a lot more when he was younger,and Leftwich needs a spot with a team which has better pass protection.The Steelers' O-Line is WAYYY overrated and is a shadow of its former self...even last season it was target practice on Ben...and it's even worse THIS year.Sometimes,they can push around smaller,weaker defensive lines,but they can't run the ball--that is,whenever they're not fumbling--against stout defenses.Even the Steelers' D isn't as strong as it looks on paper.When they get pressure,they look like the old Steel Curtain at times;however,they get lit up by poised QBs who have ANY time to throw.FORGET Brees and Rodgers: The Steelers have gotten torched by B-plus QBs like Hasselbeck and Carson Palmer.....Having said that,they're a proud team that fights hard so they might reach down and find the resolve to beat us this Sunday

ShiftyFella
Nov 26th, 2012, 07:08 PM
Boldin's hit on Weddle that gave him concussion was clear 15 yards for unnecessary roughness, this penalty would end that game with Chargers win. Detroit lost to Texans because of few missed penalties too but Lions is dumb dirty team, so in a way they deserved it, on the other hand Chargers were robbed, tho you could argue that why they don't get it done in OT:shrug:

Falcons is team to me that has to prove it in playoffs, they always play sort of good in regular season but totally stink in po, so first they have to prove me wrong until then it just not po material team i.e i don't really care about them.

I don't think Giants would get really exposed, they my kind of team. step up when it matters most and threat regular season just as ticket to real football action where all big boys play, also don't forget they are probably the best team on the road and in PO Giants would have to travel to 49ers arena where they already annihilated them but 49ers play now little better, they would be hungry to revenge it, so for me it's 50-50.

I'm looking forward more to AFC playoffs. it has more 'stories' to it. Texans trying to advance deeper and show that they matured since last year, Brady trying to get to SB to catch his next that eludes him for quite some time, Payton's comeback year and what can he do in po, Luck's rookie year run and what 'protege' of Payton Manning can do.

bruce goose
Nov 26th, 2012, 07:34 PM
Boldin's hit on Weddle that gave him concussion was clear 15 yards for unnecessary roughness, this penalty would end that game with Chargers win. Detroit lost to Texans because of few missed penalties too but Lions is dumb dirty team, so in a way they deserved it, on the other hand Chargers were robbed, tho you could argue that why they don't get it done in OT:shrug:You've got your terminology wrong;unnecessary roughness is when someone makes a violent hit that is irrelevant to the flow of action.You could try to argue that Boldin's block was an illegal hit...which is also usually a personal foul depending on the context,but it wasn't as 'Clear' to me as you claim it was.It was also at least partly Weddle's fault for not anticipating the block,though I'll grant you that it MAY have violated the rules on contact to the head.Still,it wasn't so painfully obvious that the whole world saw it right away and,if the officials missed it in live action,they can't issue such a penalty on review even if they're checking the play for other issues,such as ball possession or yard placement,and happen to see the hit.We'll see if the commish's office fines Boldin,but I haven't heard any complaints from SD that they were 'robbed' by Boldin's hit....They DID have some doubts whether Rice had the 1st down or not,yet they admitted that the replay wasn't 100% conclusive to the contrary

Edit: The game wouldn't end on that penalty,either,because it wasn't the last play of the game.Since Rice got the first down,SD would have had to accept the penalty to negate the play...and it would've been Ravens' ball,still 4th down,15 yards from the infraction

ShiftyFella
Nov 26th, 2012, 09:08 PM
Weddle wasn't even aware of block since it come from his 'blind' side and all his attention was focused on Ray since he was almost in front of him, i don't remember exact 'wording' in rule book on this sort of hits, to me it was illegal hit of a defenseless player which is qualified as unnecessary roughness penalty with 15yard and fine afterwards or i'm mistaken this with late hit, anyway this could be avoided if Boldin stepped on the break a little or use his shoulder not the helmet first, this is the problem in today's nfl to me. Game would be over since i doubt Chargers would allow another conversion on 4th and long and i don't think Bears would try their luck once more, it would be wise to punt it to try to force turnover since it would be too long for a FG. Basically, few short runs down the middle and kneel down plays and clock milked away by Chargers.

NFL penalty policy is ridicilous from time to time, sometimes they overreact over nothing, Ed Reed suspension as example but sometimes miss some real hits or give 'softer' penalty\fine for them

bruce goose
Nov 26th, 2012, 09:25 PM
Weddle wasn't even aware of block since it come from his 'blind' side and all his attention was focused on Ray since he was almost in front of him, i don't remember exact 'wording' in rule book on this sort of hits, to me it was illegal hit of a defenseless player which is qualified as unnecessary roughness penalty with 15yard and fine afterwards or i'm mistaken this with late hit, anyway this could be avoided if Boldin stepped on the break a little or use his shoulder not the helmet first, this is the problem in today's nfl to me. Game would be over since i doubt Chargers would allow another conversion on 4th and long and i don't think Bears would try their luck once more, it would be wise to punt it to try to force turnover since it would be too long for a FG. Basically, few short runs down the middle and kneel down plays and clock milked away by Chargers.

NFL penalty policy is ridicilous from time to time, sometimes they overreact over nothing, Ed Reed suspension as example but sometimes miss some real hits or give 'softer' penalty\fine for themThe refs have some discretionary power on blindside hits IF the blocked player posed a legit threat to the hitter's teammate,and that was certainly the case on THAT play.The only argument in SD's favor is,as you said,HOW the contact was made.If done with the helmet,it's often illegal....gotta run to work:wavey:

bruce goose
Nov 29th, 2012, 05:27 AM
Caro's off-topic thread is fairly dead now...if we're lucky,someone wanders over there once a week or so.......so maybe there's an art lover here who could give an objective analysis of Dushevina's paintings.To ME,Vera herSELF is a work of art,so I might not be terribly committed to evaluating her artwork impartially....Any informed,honest opinions are welcome:angel:

paulmara
Nov 29th, 2012, 12:33 PM
objective analysis of Dushevina's paintings

Do we really have to comment ?

http://www.wtatennis.com/javaImages/60/8f/0,,12781~11439968,00.jpg

The more important thing. I´m getting ready my Dream team for the Polar Olympics. We represent the Eastern Hemisphere.

http://img571.imageshack.us/img571/4862/dreamkiribatiflagjk.gif

bruce goose
Nov 29th, 2012, 02:10 PM
Do we really have to comment ?

http://www.wtatennis.com/javaImages/60/8f/0,,12781~11439968,00.jpg

The more important thing. I´m getting ready my Dream team for the Polar Olympics. We represent the Eastern Hemisphere.

http://img571.imageshack.us/img571/4862/dreamkiribatiflagjk.gifThat might be the best flag I've ever seen in my life.I'll assume that's an infant polar bear but he/she appears to have shades of grey in the fur.I've never noticed any baby polar bears with grey coloration yet maybe I haven't paid enough attention.Is that normal coloring or was that little wonder cross-bred;i.e.,from mating a polar bear with a grey-colored bear cousin from another species??

..as for the artwork,I suspect that Vera sought style points from male judges who imagined her taking off those clothes in the painting

ShiftyFella
Nov 29th, 2012, 07:29 PM
Caro's off-topic thread is fairly dead now...if we're lucky,someone wanders over there once a week or so.......so maybe there's an art lover here who could give an objective analysis of Dushevina's paintings.To ME,Vera herSELF is a work of art,so I might not be terribly committed to evaluating her artwork impartially....Any informed,honest opinions are welcome:angel:
She's better at drawing than me, this i can evaluate for sure:lol:

bruce goose
Nov 29th, 2012, 09:10 PM
She's better at drawing than me, this i can evaluate for sure:lol:She's probably MUCh more attractive than you,too:lol:;no offense intended--I'm not saying that you're ugly--but you'd have to be fairly awesome to match Big Bepa:hearts: in looks

ShiftyFella
Nov 29th, 2012, 10:02 PM
She's probably MUCh more attractive than you,too:lol:;no offense intended--I'm not saying that you're ugly--but you'd have to be fairly awesome to match Big Bepa:hearts: in looks
Yeah, Vera is nice, tho i prefer other russian girls:drool: Galina and Vesnina:worship:

I would be alarmed if i would be more attractive since i'm a dude:haha:

bruce goose
Nov 29th, 2012, 11:58 PM
Yeah, Vera is nice, tho i prefer other russian girls:drool: Galina and Vesnina:worship:

I would be alarmed if i would be more attractive since i'm a dude:haha:Looks-wise,you'd just about be hitting the lottery with ANY of them as companions;that's a can't-lose situation.As a Latino,I'm obligated to point out that Vesnina's backside is disappointingly flat,but I mention that mostly because she's virtually flawless in other regards,and she's supposedly a sweet gal...which is more important:angel: in the long-term than her physical beauty.To me,both of the Bepas are VERY lovely,but Zvonareva is a little flaky with her conversations with imaginary friends under her towel,and the Dush-kitten is true perfection in terms of appearance.I suppose that you could improve her by making her 6'6",with the same sculpted dimensions,to be a modern replica of a Norse goddess...but that's being picky.......You're right on the money with Galya:hearts:,though;I started telling my friends about her years ago when she was almost completely unknown to casual fans.If she even broke into the top 20 and stayed there semi-regularly,the endorsements would come rapidly

bruce goose
Nov 30th, 2012, 03:39 PM
http://img571.imageshack.us/img571/4862/dreamkiribatiflagjk.gifPaul,one possibility that I hadn't pondered was that your flag symbol is actually a KOALA bear,which it sort of resembles.I'm no expert on the habitat of different types of koalas,but perhaps there's a species that dwells in colder climates(???)

paulmara
Nov 30th, 2012, 05:45 PM
I'm no expert on the habitat of different types of koalas,but perhaps there's a species that dwells in colder climates(???)

snow koala

http://static.idesignnetwork.com/images/size/616x/ipadwalls/media/00123_full.png

bruce goose
Nov 30th, 2012, 05:49 PM
snow koala

http://static.idesignnetwork.com/images/size/616x/ipadwalls/media/00123_full.pngIf ANYone knew the answer,I knew it would be YOU:worship:

netphobia
Dec 1st, 2012, 06:45 PM
I'm switching back to my old tennis place because the new one is too much money. :sad: Which would be fine, except that everyone migrated from the old place to the new one so it's me and 2/3 other good players...and there's also the fact that the facilities there are from the mid-'90s, and the new place was built in 2011...

paulmara
Dec 1st, 2012, 07:09 PM
I'm switching back to my old tennis place because the new one is too much money. :sad:

Sorry to hear about it, but it's the reality of life.

and there's also the fact that the facilities there are from the mid-'90s

Petra is using old facilities. It is more about passion.

netphobia
Dec 1st, 2012, 10:39 PM
Ah, I know...plus I have to save money if I want to buy the new Steam. :drool: I'm excited to try that new 16x15 string pattern.

bruce goose
Dec 1st, 2012, 11:36 PM
...and there's also the fact that the facilities there are from the mid-'90sYou mean that it's already crumbling to the ground??That's some pretty crappy architecture:p!

bruce goose
Dec 2nd, 2012, 06:11 PM
In light of the Belcher murder-suicide,it was kind of thoughtless:rolleyes:,IMO,that the commissioner didn't give the KC players at least one full day to grieve by postponing the game 'til Monday...it's been done before and should've been done again

ShiftyFella
Dec 2nd, 2012, 06:34 PM
I think one day is not enough, in days where media from everywhere talks about it, sometimes it's better to do something to forget about it, tho after game they still would have to deal with it.

bruce goose
Dec 2nd, 2012, 06:56 PM
There's no perfect solution in a tragedy,but we have to remember that the Panthers and Chiefs have the rest of their schedules to play,so we can't just pick any random date on the calendar--plus the Panthers can't be expected to fly out to KC again at the drop of a hat.One day to grieve isn't ideal,but it's a WHOLE lot better than zero.....btw,that really IS a stupid thread:lol:.It would be different if it posted where Petra finished THIS year in contrast to the previous one,but to 'announce' something that happened one year ago is just:silly:......Maybe we should open a thread with a press release from Petra's parents from 1983: 'Young Petra takes her first baby steps':lol:

ShiftyFella
Dec 2nd, 2012, 07:07 PM
In 83 Petra wasn't even on horizon:haha:

bruce goose
Dec 2nd, 2012, 07:15 PM
Oops!I meant NINETY-three(1993):o...bad math...but,after a second look at Petra's birthdate,she was likely walking around the start of 1992

Off to see my gf,so seeya!:wavey:

ShiftyFella
Dec 2nd, 2012, 10:09 PM
Just finished watching Rams vs 49ers. WOW, it was one strange game, i don't know it was defense good or offense that bad or maybe both. I still don't get how Rams managed to survive and actually win, it was so close to repeat last matchup tie in a season between two teams(1963, Eagles vs Steelers, two their games ended in a tie). Kaepernick played great but few rookie mistakes denied him a win, i guess he won't be starting QB next game. Also, one more interesting stat, last time two team played all their encounters in overtime in a season was in 2004 betwen 49ers and Arizona, Arizona won both OTs:)

Also, on some other results. One more great clutch moment by Luck, it's funny how everybody talks about RG3 but forgets about Luck who plays more consistent and better while achieving better record with disaster team from Indy.

Little sad that Cam wasn't able to win game against KC, he can do much more but his team sucks, tho i guess it's great that KC finally won at home considering recent news.

OT touchdown by Seahawks should have been fumble not TD, tho i should be happy since Minnesota has a chance at PO shot

Let's start on my "lovely" Jets, finally they benched Mark but seriously why they didn't do it sooner when Timmy The Great was healthy and there was chance of saving the season?:shrug: I bet if Timmy was active today Rex wouldn't benched Mark and they would've lost. Arizona disappointed me, they have really great "underrated" defense and not that bad offense but loosing 6-7 to Jets who put 3rd string QB as a starter:facepalm::o

btw, i hope i wouldn't fall asleep before Chargers game ends:lol:

Excelscior
Dec 3rd, 2012, 01:37 AM
Just finished watching Rams vs 49ers. WOW, it was one strange game, i don't know it was defense good or offense that bad or maybe both. I still don't get how Rams managed to survive and actually win, it was so close to repeat last matchup tie in a season between two teams(1963, Eagles vs Steelers, two their games ended in a tie). Kaepernick played great but few rookie mistakes denied him a win, i guess he won't be starting QB next game. Also, one more interesting stat, last time two team played all their encounters in overtime in a season was in 2004 betwen 49ers and Arizona, Arizona won both OTs:)

Also, on some other results. One more great clutch moment by Luck, it's funny how everybody talks about RG3 but forgets about Luck who plays more consistent and better while achieving better record with disaster team from Indy.

Little sad that Cam wasn't able to win game against KC, he can do much more but his team sucks, tho i guess it's great that KC finally won at home considering recent news.

OT touchdown by Seahawks should have been fumble not TD, tho i should be happy since Minnesota has a chance at PO shot

Let's start on my "lovely" Jets, finally they benched Mark but seriously why they didn't do it sooner when Timmy The Great was healthy and there was chance of saving the season?:shrug: I bet if Timmy was active today Rex wouldn't benched Mark and they would've lost. Arizona disappointed me, they have really great "underrated" defense and not that bad offense but loosing 6-7 to Jets who put 3rd string QB as a starter:facepalm::o

btw, i hope i wouldn't fall asleep before Chargers game ends:lol:

Don't know if anyone mentioned it, but the Petra Kvitova Tennisography on Tennis Channel just finished. It started at 7:30 and will be rebroadcast several times. Check your local programming or You Tube when it's posted. I missed the first 3 min so I'll be looking for it again on Weds, Dec 5.

Luck has won games and is certainly good. However, he plays in a poor division (that's why he gets the wins from a poor team, like Dalton did last year), and his actual QB stats and rating are middling--for some of those that want to tell you he's the second coming. Not that his stats are terrible, cause he goes down the field more than RG3, so that will give him a lower completion %, etc... So Luck has a great record, but high interceptions, attempts and low completion %. But he's definitely an excellent young quarterback that deserves equal praise that RG3 is getting.

RG3 on the other hand gets a lot of publicity, and though some of it's deserved, he very rarely throws the ball far down field. He usually gets most of his yards through excellent play calling, short yardage and trick plays that completely fool the defense. There's a lot of dink and dunk. Even when he throws for a high YPA, the YAC for his receivers are ridiculous. I find RG3 mostly a one read or one zone, quick throw QB. They also run a lot of roll outs, bootlegs and motion for him as well (I think due to his relatively diminutive stature). And of course he's getting great run support. Nonetheless, it's working and you can't take anything away from him and his current success. But I have to admit, he gets great play calling, run sport and receiver help (for the Pub he's receiving). Good for him and god bless him though! LOL

You are correct about Cam. Not only does his team suck, but more importantly his coaching sucks, on both sides of the ball. Ron Rivera has blown at least 8 games the last two seasons that Cam gave him a lead late in the 4th quarter and found incredible, mind numbing ways to blow it, with Cam sitting on the side line. As a matter of fact, the Panthers have lost three games this year alone, when they were up by more than a TD with 1-2 min left in the game--where the opposition had no time outs and had to go 80 or more yds up the field. I'm not kidding you.

The irony is, most media who don't follow the team are quick to blame Cam (or talk Sophomore slump, etc.), when Panther fans or those who follow the team know that the coaching is abysmal (on both side of the ball) and the Offensive line has been a turnstile all year.

As a matter of fact in this game, the Panthers made arguably the worse QB in the NFL--Brady Quinn look like Dan Marino today. And one of Cam's most reliable WR's--Brandon Lafell dropped (fell right through his hands) a 60yd bomb that would have been a TD. If Cam completes that pass, not only does he and the Panthers win the game, but Cam ends up with 4TD and 0 INT's Poor Cam--instead, ends up with 3TD 0 INT and a loss. LOL

If Kansas City didn't put up a game, I think Rivera would have just sat on the ball anytime he got more than a 7 pt lead after the half, cause of their recent tragedy. LOL. Rivera lacks killer instinct and conviction. Once the Panthers had expectations this year (whether deserved or not), the coaching staff felt the pressure and played to lose. This "playing not to lose" mindset, had disastrous effects on the offense and defense repeatedly throughout 2012. They even changed the offense from the very successful pro-set of last year, to a large dosing of the Read Option, which they only used sparingly last year as a change of pace. Rivera, as incredible as it sounds, still hasn't learned from his mistakes coaching the game even in today's game (and all the ones before). One good note: They've appeared to phase out the Read Option and use it sparingly, like they did last year. But why did it have to take them so long in the first place? LOL

Unfortunately for Cam, All Rivera's losses, futility and late game Fold-a-roos have become HIS. Cam and the Panthers could easily be 7-5 this year (and I'm not even counting today's KC game). If he was, no one would have anything to say about his year (like Luck, since he's winning). Poor Cam. :lol:

PS: During this show Petra was practicing on mostly outdoor Clay courts at Prostojev (and please don't anyone tell me, "that's all they had until they got the one concrete outdoor court recently, and then speculate when the show was possibly taped"). WTF!? :eek: :tape: :eek:

Mmmmmh. Interesting, I'll just leave it at that. :lol:

bruce goose
Dec 3rd, 2012, 05:22 AM
Kaepernick played great but few rookie mistakes denied him a win, i guess he won't be starting QB next game. It amazes me how otherwise smart coaches act like retards whenever the flavor-of-the-month QB comes along.In Harbaugh's case,he probably hearkened back to when HE took over the Colts in the middle of the 1995 season and led them within an eyelash of reaching the SB...problem is,Harbaugh was already an established vet while Colin is practically still wet behind the ears.He had ONE nice game vs. the Bears...which is offset by two shit performances vs. the juggernaut Rams and a so-so game vs. the Saints' pee-wee league defense.Colin might become a great QB and I wish him well,yet you can't just make a young QB mature with wishful thinking.

It's rare for even 2nd-year QBs to hit the Big Time,and Colin is no Montana,Marino or Brady...maybe the worst case of coaching arrogance was when Shanahan deluded himself that he could coach the then-rookie Cutler to a division title and long playoff run:rolleyes:.Mike had had a running beef with Jake Plummer for quite a while,so he wound up f--king the Broncos by benching his more-savvy veteran and going with a green rookie.....Even Newton who,to his credit,had one of the best rookie seasons ever,put up most of his top stats against weak defenses and got heavily confused when he faced a def. co-ordinator who threw something new at him......QB is often the hardest position to mature into,and you typically can't 'coach' a player into maturity: It's usually an internal character trait that the player has already developed

ShiftyFella
Dec 3rd, 2012, 03:32 PM
I fell asleep in 3rd quarter(around 2 AM local time) during Chargers game and completely forgot about Tennisography, also my monday morning wasn't happy when i found out that Chargers actually lost it:facepalm: maybe it was good thing that i watched only good part of that game:lol:

Luck numbers are ok for rookie starter, also they are better then Payton's in his rookie season, so in way he's second coming when you considering Indy's record last season. RG3 has slightly better team, also he had more "bad" moments than Luck but everybody on his bandwagon because he's more fun and electric to watch when plays great, nobody really knows what RG3 can pull off but with Luck you know what you get, i think insane amount of interceptions really hurt Luck's image.

Everybody blames Cam because of his demeanor, for some reason people have angry obsession with 'towel over his head' on sidelines and not speaking to the team or coach. I don't really care about it, since QBs mind usually works different.:)

bruce goose
Dec 4th, 2012, 05:31 AM
Here's an old English-language joke...not sure if it came from the UK or US:

Young toddler: Grandma,do farts have lumps?
Gram: :confused:No dear,why do you ask THAT?
Toddler: Cuz I think that I just s--t my pants!:eek:

ShiftyFella
Dec 4th, 2012, 03:02 PM
this thread needs more pics, i guess few amazing paint jobs by Czech artist Vaclav Zapadlik would be appropriate:)

http://ru.fishki.net/picsw//112012/26/auto/hud/auto-003.jpg

http://ru.fishki.net/picsw//112012/26/auto/hud/auto-009.jpg

http://ru.fishki.net/picsw//112012/26/auto/hud/auto-019.jpg

bruce goose
Dec 4th, 2012, 03:48 PM
Yeah,those ARE nice pictures,and I'm not even a mild racing fan...thanks for sharing:cool:

Would like to comment on the NYG for a sec: It's great when a team has such unity that they can overcome a previous slump and suddenly hit their stride in the playoffs.However,it's normally far better for a team to establish a sound rhythm during the regular season and carry that through to the postseason.That's how it was for the Ravens in their SB year...and for the Skins in ALL THREE of their title years(though,in their 2nd run,they picked it up an extra notch at season's end when they replaced the pouty,wimpy Jay Schroeder with Doug Williams)

The Giants are using their past success as a crutch to excuse inconsistent performance and,eventually,reality is gonna smack them in the face.I actually PICKED the NYG to go all the way before last year's playoffs started,but THIS year's team has a weaker rush defense that got pushed all over the field in DC last night....AND their secondary gives up LOTS of long plays and often blows coverages....AND their pass protection is badly exploited by a strong blitz(they're lucky that Manning has sharp recognition and a quick release or else the sack totals would be MUCh higher)

They have mostly the same players as last year,but this is NOT,figuratively speaking,the same team,and they also shouldn't show too much faith in their recent success vs. the other NFC contenders.Both GB and SF beat the NYG in last year's regular season,as I recall,so neither will be really intimidated if they have another home game vs. the Giants.....I'll eat my words if I'm proven wrong,but I'm convinced that last year's run was sort of a curse for THIS year's NYG...because they have no reason to feel overconfident with this current unit

ShiftyFella
Dec 4th, 2012, 04:58 PM
yeah, level of details in his illustrations amaze me sometimes especially on cars. Vaclav draws mostly racing cars of last century sort of his obsession:)

NYG strange team for me, they use "my philosophy" that regular season is just the way of getting to big boys football but can they get there this year? they lost this game not just because Skins and RG3 were amazing but also because NYG had a cushion that last home game gave them, they always play their best when on the edge of "one and done", if NYG are in PO i have no doubts they would get a shot at defending conference crown at least but first they have to get in. I'm really happy that RG3 steamrolling with the Skins and has a chance of getting to playoffs, dream SB this year would be Indy vs Skins:lol:

bruce goose
Dec 4th, 2012, 05:11 PM
The part you're missing,though,is that BOTH of those NYG teams that won the SB via wildcard had much stronger defenses.They still have their pass rush and some guys who make plays,but their secondary is far weaker and they don't stop the run that well,either...it's not like they've dominated the postseason every year.Remember I picked them to win last year at the start of the playoffs even though GB,NO,SF and NE had much better W/L records,so I'm well aware what E.Manning and the other stars are capable of...but THIS team just isn't the same.....they have too many gaping holes which they can't close

ShiftyFella
Dec 4th, 2012, 06:22 PM
One thing that i learned about current NYG and Coughlin that they deliver when almost everybody wrote them off

bruce goose
Dec 4th, 2012, 09:22 PM
One thing that i learned about current NYG and Coughlin that they deliver when almost everybody wrote them offWOW! Normally your English is pretty good,but you're just not comprehending this simple message: THEIR DEFENSE SUCKS!!They won previously largely because they had a strong defense...AND THEY DON'T HAVE ONE NOW...It doesn't matter if they won from the wildcard position previously as that has almost no bearing on THIs year's team.It wasn't magic...or some special mystical powers from Coughlin,whose most-talented teams in Jac. and NY bombed out of the playoffs early.

It's nice to have confidence in yourself based on previous success,but that hasn't won the Patriots any SBs for at least seven years now.....I'll say this one more time and,hopefully,you'll grasp it this time: I'm one of the fans who PICKED the Giants to win it last year b/c I knew that they'd had some injuries that affected their W/L record...plus they had that prior success with the same players.....BUT THIS YEAR'S TEAM IS DIFFERENT....those other Giants' SB winners didn't have lousy pass protection,a weak secondary,or a mediocre rush defense.....There's no mystique here AT ALL;it comes down to who executes best in crunchtime,and the NYG simply have too many holes.....I'm off to work:wavey:

ShiftyFella
Dec 5th, 2012, 12:24 AM
You don't get it, it's not about past year vs this year, it's general notion towards Giants and their results, it was true when they won their first SB and it was even more true when they won second. I'm not denying that NYG are different team now and famous NASCAR package is not as fierce as last year. I'm talking in general, they always deliver when almost everybody wrote them off, especially nfl 'experts' and even some die-hard fans. let's forget about last year, this year almost everybody talking how awful Giants are or how they can't even stand a change against 49ers at SF but they destroyed them, then everybody started talking mambo-jumbo about NYG being great road team and that they usually lose at home, so they can't even possibly beat GB but then again they just beat them, yet they lost season opener to Dallas, my horrible Eagles, lost to Skins and they never beat Bengals at Cincy, tho they supposed to beat them. NY defense is not that bad when it counts the most, look what they did to GB, sacked Rogers 5 times, forced 2 turnovers, held GB to 0-2 in red zone, held them only to 10 points, only Seahawks at Seattle done better job defending against Rogers neither 49er, Arizona, Texans or Bears even come close to what NYG did and they defenses supposed to be better. Theirs 'bad' defense also held 49ers one of the leading teams in rushing only to 80 yard and combined for more than 340yds against TOP2 defense in the country.

In 1st half of Monday's game NYG were great on defense holding Skins only to 8 minutes in time of possession and on offense converting 8-11 3rd downs but in second half even on offense they were abysmal and managed to convert only 1-4 3rd downs and in 4th quarter Cruz was targeted ONLY 1 time. Cruz, 4th quarter and only ONE time when all they main guys are on the field healthy and Eli tries only 11 times to throw the ball, really?

Like i said before, NYG is strange team to me:shrug:

bruce goose
Dec 5th, 2012, 01:13 AM
Now you're just using weak cliches: It's ridiculous to say that NOBODY thought the Giants could win...or that all the experts said they'd lose.....I recall SEVERAL people,including myself,who thought they would win.Maybe some ignorant,halfway-informed football fans thought they HAD NO CHANCE,but you're exaggerating to the extreme when you claim that 'nobody' thought they'd win.

You're being conveniently selective with your examples:the Niners are usually a low-scoring team--unless they score on defense--as we saw in bOTH games against the mediocre Rams.The Packers have had terrible pass protection all year,which left them vulnerable to to NYG's strength.....There are ample accounts of where the Giants were torched by weak offenses such as TB and Cleveland,and you were so desperate to boost them that you gave them credit for ONE HALF vs. the Skins:lol:...never mind that they got worn out and run off the field in the 2nd half,huh;)?.....And they were totally SMOKEd by Vick,Roethlisberger,Dalton,and TWICE by Romo.....If you do the math,there are far more examples where the Giants' D sucked than played well,and that's what we call a TREND;)

bruce goose
Dec 5th, 2012, 03:43 AM
One other thing,Shifty;the Giants aren't some perplexing mystery,they're just inconsistent partly because they have sometimes coasted during the regular season due to their SB titles via the Wildcard route.Sometimes,talented teams feel they can turn it on whenever they want to...and they'll only turn things up a notch when they're desperate,as NYG was for the GB game.However,that strategy is a bit risky,and the NYG got dominated on both sides of the ball when they failed to match Pittsburgh's intensity...and they never caught up to the Bengals after getting blasted early.

Even Coughlin has admitted that he'd prefer more consistency;that turn-it-on-only-for-the-playoffs approach can lead to a title every once in a while,but it's not good to make it a yearly strategy as the odds are bound to bite you back eventually...they always do

ShiftyFella
Dec 5th, 2012, 11:08 AM
Maybe i'm watching too much ESPN and their NFL analysis or reading way to much stuff on CSN forums but majority there wrote them off against GB and SF. Also NYG lost only once to Dallas, other loses doesn't really matter since they 'own' teams they would meet in playoffs. Real test is ahead, they have to go on the road to play against Atlanta and Baltimore. Home game vs New Orleans could be wild shootout they can loose or win with wild last minute play, if we consider how easy remaining schedule is for Skins, NYG must win vs Atlanta and Baltimore on the road, so basically this could turn into another Cinderella story:lol:

bruce goose
Dec 5th, 2012, 11:38 AM
Don't know which specific people you listened to,but only a retard would've 'written them off' vs. GB in a home game.GB had been on a winning streak,but their defense is very suspect and they have major pass protection problems...plus the NYG were playing at home and desperate to break an ugly losing streak...so no intelligent fan would 'write them off'...maybe some barely-competent,mannequin studio host....I can see where some one might have made GB the favorite cuz of their previous winning streak,but NOT a decisive favorite

As for the SF game,lots of folks probably thought that SF would be fired up to get revenge,but Harbaugh did a poor job of mentally preparing his team for that game plus he was outcoached during it(he's still fairly 'young' as a pro coach,and he's proving that with how he mismanages the QB situation,though he's done well overall).Smith played his worst game of the year by far and put them in an early hole,and SF is not a catch-up team,really.

Again,you're using weak cliches like 'own',probably from reading too many blogs and not looking for the REAL expert opinions.SF and GB both beat NYG last year and,if I recall,GB won IN New York,so that's a pretty piss-poor example of 'owning' teams....plus SF outplayed NY for most of that playoff game and came within a hair of winning.....As I pointed out earlier,NYG's defense was lit up in 8 of their 12 games so far this year,and 2 of their 4 GOOD games came against younger,green QBs in Newton and Griffin(that is,the first matchup in NY).....That's the marked difference between this team and their 2 title teams...and I'll remind you that they've only won those 2 rings in the last 21 years,so it's not as if this bunch dominates every postseason

ShiftyFella
Dec 5th, 2012, 02:04 PM
Most people watch red zone channel and in that game GB was favorite by Vegas, so this is like universal wisdom to them because it's their business to know, also statistic proves that NYG are better road team then home team since they have overall better record on the road compared to home in Eli's era in NY, plus to both SBs they get by winning on the road, on top of that not that good defense vs Big Time Rogers on the roll that's why this was not ridiculous to think 'Giants have no chance'. In that game Giants showed Big Time playing, some of the stats their shown were last time achieved long time ago in 2008. In SF's game 49ers were also favorite because their defense was fierce and they considered to be 'tough home team' because of their home record and what visiting teams usually can achieve on offense, also SF had 4-1 record, were tied with Texans for the lead in NFL team rankings on almost all positions(defense,offense(rushing) etc...) and just behind undefeated teams in NFL power ranking and Giants 'October record' was poor.

It's not weak clinches since most stuff about "chance or no chance", "owns", "home team or road team" etc. comes from what statics and record says with backing up some of those by Vegas odds or NFL Power rankings, that's why they exist, so not a hardcore fan would know general team place in the league and in what position they are. That's why we have heavy favorite teams but this doesn't mean they would win, it's just they are more likely to it. When you're hardcore fan you can recognize when some of those stats useless or when to discount some to back up your pick. You using stats too to explain why 'writing off' Giants was ridicilous or why they are not as good as last year etc., tho overall statics says opposite but being hardcore fan you know what numbers to compare and what to overlook but hardcore fans are minority compared to all people who watches NFL that's why i've said majority 'wrote them off' and this was not ridiculous thing to do because of some stats.

When i pick teams to win sometimes use overall statistic or compare some of them directly between teams but most of the time i go by my gut feeling or 'eye test' from watching this team previously even when it's contradicts stats, that's why we watch the game it's not fantasy football and stats do lie sometimes, otherwise it would be boring when you know for a fact who and how would win.

bruce goose
Dec 5th, 2012, 02:41 PM
It's not weak clinches since most stuff about "chance or no chance", "owns", "home team or road team" etc. comes from what statics and record says with backing up some of those by Vegas odds or NFL Power rankings......it's not fantasy football and stats do lie sometimes, otherwise it would be boring when you know for a fact who and how would win.Your last comments redeemed your post somewhat as you admitted that only nerds and semi-knowledgeable fans rely on stats.....Las Vegas is often a joke in terms of reliability;I recall when they made Denver the favorite for SB22 even though their defense was hopelessly overmatched...and then proved it by getting killed.

You speak English fairly well for a non-native speaker,but it IS a weak cliche to over-use words like 'own' and 'writing off',and a lot of folks just throw out strong words to get attention.An intelligent football fan...not even a maniac who forgets his gf's/wife's birthday:lol:,merely a normal guy who's informed...can make the distinction between saying,'GB should be favored and will probably win' and 'Thr NYG have NO chance in that game'...it's simply a question of thinking critically before one speaks or writes......We all fail that test on occasion,but some folks do it constantly or almost always

And I'm off to work,so we'll continue this later(big wave)

ShiftyFella
Dec 5th, 2012, 04:53 PM
You speak English fairly well for a non-native speaker,but it IS a weak cliche to over-use words like 'own' and 'writing off'
give me a break, i still recovering from overusing word "literally":haha:

bruce goose
Dec 7th, 2012, 06:46 AM
Okay,Paul,we're in the off-topic thread now;can we get a solid translation for the Czech lucha libre wannabe's nickname?:rolleyes:

paulmara
Dec 7th, 2012, 09:55 AM
Okay,Paul,we're in the off-topic thread now;can we get a solid translation for the Czech lucha libre wannabe's nickname?:rolleyes:

Pass. He is on Petra´s team.

bruce goose
Dec 7th, 2012, 03:27 PM
Betrayed by the forum's Creative Ace:help:;wonder if he'll feel the same if Petra maintains poor physical conditioning in 2013