ElusiveChanteuse
Feb 27th, 2012, 01:12 PM
Love both but Meryl just edges Kate for me.:oh:

WowWow
Feb 27th, 2012, 01:47 PM
Why are you doing this to us?!?

laschutz
Feb 27th, 2012, 02:03 PM
i had a discussion with a friend last night as we watched the awards and she said something that made me think she said that meryl streep actually isn't that good of a actress, and that her talent is for "mimicking and miming" a person.. but not really "ACTING"? she said it was like being a 'trick" golfter with "trick stunts" as opposed to being a real golfer? hmm, never thought of it that way.. what do you all say about that?

Big_Banana
Feb 27th, 2012, 02:13 PM
seriously? I really like Kate but... there is no comparison between the two, come on :lol:

Maddox
Feb 27th, 2012, 02:56 PM
i had a discussion with a friend last night as we watched the awards and she said something that made me think she said that meryl streep actually isn't that good of a actress, and that her talent is for "mimicking and miming" a person.. but not really "ACTING"? she said it was like being a 'trick" golfter with "trick stunts" as opposed to being a real golfer? hmm, never thought of it that way.. what do you all say about that?

:rolleyes:, all her haters say this. How many of her films have you actually seen?
Yes she is well known for her accent mastery, and of course she is an excellent actress. She has shown so much mastery in her craft, you should see some of her performances.

danieln1
Feb 27th, 2012, 03:04 PM
3 > 1

But Kate is a phenomenal actress too and will get more oscars :yeah:

Apoleb
Feb 27th, 2012, 03:04 PM
I don't watch a lot of movies but these would be my two favorite actresses. Meryl is God and Kate is Jesus.

donellcarey
Feb 27th, 2012, 04:15 PM
I don't c a competition here.

Sammo
Feb 27th, 2012, 08:47 PM
Meryl by miles. Geez, I even prefer Gwyneth Paltrow to Kate Winslet.

pierce85
Feb 27th, 2012, 08:55 PM

We all knew you didn't have taste.

Seriously though Kate Winslet is the next Meryl Streep. I expect Kate to finish her career with 2-3 oscar statuettes, she is uber-talented and pretty hot too

LeRoy.
Feb 27th, 2012, 08:55 PM
Both are phenomenal actresses. However, at this point, i'll take Meryl over Kate but down the road, i can see Kate being just as good as Meryl.

AjdeNate!
Feb 27th, 2012, 08:57 PM
That's like asking if you prefer to eat caviar or period blood.

pierce85
Feb 27th, 2012, 08:59 PM
That's like asking if you prefer to eat caviar or period blood.

From these two I'd prefer period blood

Sammo
Feb 27th, 2012, 09:04 PM
We all knew you didn't have taste.

Seriously though Kate Winslet is the next Meryl Streep. I expect Kate to finish her career with 2-3 oscar statuettes, she is uber-talented and pretty hot too

At least Gwyneth knows how to dress :lol:

http://www.hoycinema.com/archivos/201202/gwyneth01.jpg

http://blog.zap2it.com/pop2it/gwyneth-paltrow-oscars-2012-gi.jpg

King Halep
Feb 27th, 2012, 09:52 PM
Winslet by a country mile.

Brooklyn90
Feb 27th, 2012, 10:04 PM
Kate is more my cup of tea :p

Cilla
Feb 28th, 2012, 01:18 AM
Ooh, love them both. But if I had to pick, I'd pick Kate.

Nicolás89
Feb 28th, 2012, 01:40 AM
Lol this is my own Sophie's choice. :sobbing:

Lord Choc Ice
Feb 28th, 2012, 02:05 AM
I like both. I expect Kate to win more statues in the future. I'm happy she won, Emmy, GG, and SAG award for Mildred Pierce.

I voted for Meryl though :D.

SwingVolley93
Feb 28th, 2012, 02:07 AM
One word: Titanic.

dybbuk
Feb 28th, 2012, 02:35 AM

It's harsh to judge Kate poorly on the basis of one shit movie though.

VeeJJ
Feb 28th, 2012, 04:15 AM
Swank

Mynarco
Mar 1st, 2012, 02:23 AM
Meryl. No comparison.

delicatecutter
Mar 1st, 2012, 02:27 AM
I think Kate's first role in Heavenly Creatures is under-looked (or unknown) by some. She was fantastic from the very beginning! But considering Meryl is so much older and has so much more work under her belt at this point, you'd have to vote for her.

Beat
Mar 1st, 2012, 12:40 PM
let's see and judge in 30 years.

:tape: oh well, it's sammo after all.

Beat
Mar 1st, 2012, 12:43 PM

errr ... julie & julia? mamma mia? it's complicated?

shap_half
Mar 1st, 2012, 01:38 PM
I like both. I expect Kate to win more statues in the future. I'm happy she won, Emmy, GG, and SAG award for Mildred Pierce.

I voted for Meryl though :D.

If Kate can outdo this, then kudos to her:

Streep has received 17 Academy Award nominations, winning three, and 26 Golden Globe nominations, winning eight, more nominations than any other actor in the history of either award. Her work has also earned her two Emmy Awards, two Screen Actors Guild Awards, a Cannes Film Festival award, five New York Film Critics Circle Awards, two BAFTA awards, an Australian Film Institute Award, five Grammy Award nominations, and a Tony Award nomination, amongst others. She was awarded the AFI Life Achievement Award in 2004.

Viktymise
Mar 2nd, 2012, 01:23 AM
:tape: oh well, it's sammo after all.

Finally, you've said something..... relevant! on this forum.

Miranda
Mar 2nd, 2012, 02:15 AM
what is the criteria of voting? Based on their beauty, acting skills or who you love more?:p

_marial_
Mar 2nd, 2012, 04:28 PM
Meryl by far. Easy for me, because I don't really see Kate as a great actress since Titanic and that shitty Song she sang, I think it was called "What if". Other than that, Meryl is a goddess for me :hearts:

GoofyDuck
Mar 2nd, 2012, 06:57 PM
_vId_4r925o vs hjINXSPq4hk&

:oh:

LoveFifteen
Mar 2nd, 2012, 07:42 PM
They are both wonderful. No need to choose between them, or denigrate one to laud the other. They're both fantastic.

Sammo
Mar 3rd, 2012, 12:34 AM
_vId_4r925o

:oh:

OH GOD :hysteric:

This, on the other hand, reached number 1 and was certificated as Platinum in Australia :oh:

aQGyTKoByWc

edificio
Mar 3rd, 2012, 12:44 AM
Meryl also sang in Postcards from the Edge. She was great. They buried her voice on that "Mama Mia" song, but I hate Abba anyway.

That "What If?" song is awful. Poor Kate.

Gwyneth is no Kim Carnes. She can carry a tune, but her version of that great song is soulless, well, I guess like karaoke, so she did well. And I'm not a Gwyneth hater either.

WowWow
Mar 3rd, 2012, 12:44 AM
Sammo, you are obsessed with Gwyneth cause of her obsession with Spain, admit it:p

Beat
Mar 5th, 2012, 12:53 PM
i'm currently watching ricky gervais' "extras". has anyone seen it? yesterday i saw the episode with kate winslet. funnily enough in the episode she was in, she said that she is doing a holocaust movie only because it is proven that everyone who is doing one, gets an oscar for sure. she even mentioned a few examples like "schindler's list" or "the pianist".
a few years later she really makes a holocaust movie and she gets her oscar for real! oh the irony.

how can anyone like gwyneth paltrow? or her singing? or even her husband's singing?
oh, and thanks sammo for your rep that told me to go fuck myself. :hatoff:

KournikovaFan91
Mar 5th, 2012, 01:56 PM
Yeah the Winslet appearance in Extras was all I could think about when she got the Oscar. :lol:

Super Dave
Mar 5th, 2012, 03:11 PM
OH GOD :hysteric:

This, on the other hand, reached number 1 and was certificated as Platinum in Australia :oh:

aQGyTKoByWc

http://www.portlandmercury.com/binary/4163/1288987180-adding-zest-nails-on-chalkboard.png