PDA

View Full Version : Hungry Trust Fund Baby beggar turns down my offer to buy her a bagel.

Ellen Dawson
Feb 23rd, 2012, 10:42 PM
I'm rushing back to my office today and this faux homeless Trust Fund Baby stops me and begs for food. I say "OK" and to follow me. I see a lunch truck and tell her that I'll BUY HER a bagel. Her reply:

"Oh no. They won't toast it. I want HOT food.

I looked @ her. :rolleyes: Bitch, please, with your green highlights and Judith Lieber bag. :lol:

Helen Lawson
Feb 23rd, 2012, 10:51 PM
Got to love the needy with a 'tude! I only give cash to bums if their sign says they need money for beer. I admire the honesty, and maybe they get some peanuts at the seedy dive.

Ellen Dawson
Feb 23rd, 2012, 11:16 PM
Got to love the needy with a 'tude! I only give cash to bums if their sign says they need money for beer. I admire the honesty, and maybe they get some peanuts at the seedy dive.

Hel, this chick was a medium height Sarah Michelle Gellar clone with a cobalt blue Judith Lieber clutch. And she WASN'T needy. She was just playing one in Lower Manhattan. Totally strung out but not fried enough to know she wanted a hot meal. :lol: Yeah the str8fwd approach works for me even if it's a sob story.

Helen Lawson
Feb 23rd, 2012, 11:54 PM
I had this chick at the grocery store once start telling me she needed to get gas money to pick up her son 300 miles away, she said she'd give me $200 in food stamps and buy my whole cart if I gave her $20 in cash. $20 for $200 in food!! Anyway, this poor gal was sobbing and showing me her Connecticut driver license to prove she was stranded. I gave her a $20 and told her to keep the food stamps. She didn't turn me down. Anyway, I saw her doing the same thing like 4 other times to others in the store, what the hell, she earned it!

Ellen Dawson
Feb 28th, 2012, 05:28 PM
Hel, speaking of CT, I only commute down to the city 3 days a week and my subway ride is all of 3 stops. Well...in those 7-8 mins, I get the same kind of Miss Sob Stories and like you, I see her giving the same spiel, week in and week out. Bless her heart. She's committed to her character. :lol:

pov
Feb 28th, 2012, 05:52 PM
I'm rushing back to my office today and this faux homeless Trust Fund Baby stops me and begs for food. I say "OK" and to follow me. I see a lunch truck and tell her that I'll BUY HER a bagel. Her reply:

I looked @ her. :rolleyes: Bitch, please, with your green highlights and Judith Lieber bag. :lol:
I side with her. IMO yer being a bit of an ass about this. You think offering someone hungry a bagel is generous or kind? A bagel?? man gedaf*ckout.

AliceMariaRenka
Feb 28th, 2012, 06:30 PM
I'm not surprised.

There's a remote rural village near us, and every day there's one guy selling the Big Issue with a homeless sign. And guess what, he's from Romania! How on earth did a Romanian get there! Maybe he figured there was too much competition in somewhere like London! And how does he get to and from the village? We've even seen him with a woman in full Romanian garb pestering passers by. Imagine if I went to Romania and started begging! These people make it worse for the real homeless.

Ellen Dawson
Feb 28th, 2012, 11:25 PM
I side with her. IMO yer being a bit of an ass about this. You think offering someone hungry a bagel is generous or kind? A bagel?? man gedaf*ckout.

Did you fully comprehend my initial post? I don't think you did. Let me go over it again:

SHE stopped me.

SHE begged me for food.

This is in NYC where people aren't friendly like they are in other parts of the country.

Despite her more than obvious Trust Fund Baby appearance (AND Judith Lieber bag), I entertained her request for food.

In a hurry to get back to work, I see a lunch truck and think a bagel will be quick.

She not only turns me down, she adds "I want HOT food".

Srsly? Do I have to say beggars can't be choosers? C'mon now. :rolleyes:

I'm not surprised.

There's a remote rural village near us, and every day there's one guy selling the Big Issue with a homeless sign. And guess what, he's from Romania! How on earth did a Romanian get there! Maybe he figured there was too much competition in somewhere like London! And how does he get to and from the village? We've even seen him with a woman in full Romanian garb pestering passers by. Imagine if I went to Romania and started begging! These people make it worse for the real homeless.

Thank you! :worship: They think it's so "cute" to feign poverty when, like you said, there are real homeless people out there who are in dire need of a handout.

JN
Feb 28th, 2012, 11:42 PM

Of course you do.

Did you fully comprehend my initial post? I don't think you did. Let me go over it again:

- snip -

He understood you perfectly. It's pov's mission to buck social norms and common sense, and he takes his job seriously.

Ellen Dawson
Feb 29th, 2012, 05:43 PM
He understood you perfectly. It's pov's mission to buck social norms and common sense, and he takes his job seriously.

I noticed on other threads, thanks. He's so random and thinks he's slick with the faux arguments. :facepalm:

Stamp Paid
Feb 29th, 2012, 06:35 PM
I had this chick at the grocery store once start telling me she needed to get gas money to pick up her son 300 miles away, she said she'd give me $200 in food stamps and buy my whole cart if I gave her $20 in cash. $20 for $200 in food!! Anyway, this poor gal was sobbing and showing me her Connecticut driver license to prove she was stranded. I gave her a $20 and told her to keep the food stamps. She didn't turn me down. Anyway, I saw her doing the same thing like 4 other times to others in the store, what the hell, she earned it!:lol::lol:
I sooooo wish you were my gay aunt/uncle. You already are, in my head.

Super Dave
Feb 29th, 2012, 06:52 PM
If I was starving, I would eat the bagel. They stay with you a long time. :shrug: And was cream cheese involved?

Ellen Dawson
Feb 29th, 2012, 07:20 PM
If I was starving, I would eat the bagel. They stay with you a long time. :shrug: And was cream cheese involved?

No because we didn't make it to the lunch truck. Miss Trust Fund pointed to a packed pizzeria, hoping for a shrimp/andouille slice. :rolleyes:

Londoner
Feb 29th, 2012, 07:23 PM

Don't give money. Give a can of lager.

Super Dave
Feb 29th, 2012, 07:24 PM
No because we didn't make it to the lunch truck. Miss Trust Fund pointed to a packed pizzeria, hoping for a shrimp/andouille slice. :rolleyes:

:spit:

Londoner
Feb 29th, 2012, 07:24 PM

SHE stopped me.

SHE begged me for food.

This is in NYC where people aren't friendly like they are in other parts of the country.

Despite her more than obvious Trust Fund Baby appearance (AND Judith Lieber bag), I entertained her request for food.

In a hurry to get back to work, I see a lunch truck and think a bagel will be quick.

She not only turns me down, she adds "I want HOT food".

Srsly? Do I have to say beggars can't be choosers? C'mon now. :rolleyes:

Thank you! :worship: They think it's so "cute" to feign poverty when, like you said, there are real homeless people out there who are in dire need of a handout.

I'm with you on this. Which is why I never give money. I offer to buy a sandwich or something and like you I've had folk show their true colours.

Helen Lawson
Feb 29th, 2012, 11:14 PM

That one over on 8th avenue?

AjdeNate!
Mar 1st, 2012, 03:46 AM

Eeeks! They have a rat problem. I'd never eat there.... (again!).

Helen Lawson
Mar 1st, 2012, 08:33 AM

They got rid if the rats, but Ellen did get sick when we went there the last time.

Ellen Dawson
Mar 3rd, 2012, 06:22 AM

No, this was the Two Boots @ Bleecker/B'way.

I'm with you but my gf always says "they have may have gotten a B or a C for reasons unrelated to an unsanitary kitchen." :facepalm:

They got rid of the rats, but Ellen did get sick when we went there the last time.

Shhh! :p :o