PDA

View Full Version : So Marion IS Playing Dubai!

Talula
Feb 20th, 2012, 09:09 PM
Well, well, well, a number on here said she wouldn't play Dubai. I said she would for the $s (no one since Monica loves $s as much as Marion!) and again others said Marion didn't need/want the loot and was too injured anyway.

But Marion obviously travelled to Dubai via Lourdes. Or maybe she after all did what I thought she did: quit a match she knew she wasn't going to win to save herself for more cash collecting in Dubai? I swear, she'd come and play Chop Chop Tennis with my niece for a few quid! I wonder how many Tournies she'll manage to squeeze in this year?!

Hey ho, just an observation and a distraction from the endless tedious debate on Caroline's musings of the day!

King Halep
Feb 20th, 2012, 09:11 PM
Her body defies conventions. How does someone so heavy manage to play so many matches

gumoll
Feb 20th, 2012, 09:28 PM
she is also going to Malaysia next week :lol:

Miracle Worker
Feb 20th, 2012, 10:00 PM
She will earn 10k even if she loses in R1. And she received room big enough for free.

Siderophyre
Feb 20th, 2012, 10:12 PM
...Marion obviously travelled to Dubai via Lourdes...

:happy:

madmax
Feb 20th, 2012, 10:29 PM
those cakes must be getting more expensive by the day...

ElusiveChanteuse
Feb 20th, 2012, 10:33 PM
she is also going to Malaysia next week :lol:

:tape: I wonder if she has any fans here.:oh:

gumoll
Feb 20th, 2012, 10:47 PM
I wonder if people in Malaysia know what's tennis :happy:

:devil:

Shadowcat
Feb 21st, 2012, 03:48 AM

:haha:

I doubt so! :oh:

The Kaz
Feb 21st, 2012, 05:22 AM

Considering they are a first class nation in other racquet sports eg: Squash and Badminton... I would say they are quite knowledgable about tennis.

Gotta love ignorant Europeans :lol:

Pops Maellard
Feb 21st, 2012, 05:24 AM
Retiring late in a tourney and then playing the next week is nothing new for Marion :shrug:.

AliceMariaRenka
Feb 21st, 2012, 07:29 AM
Her body defies conventions. How does someone so heavy manage to play so many matches

By turning up, playing a few matches and not winning the actual tournament. I think she knows she won't win so plays as much as she can to boost her ranking and swell her bank account.

jedw
Feb 21st, 2012, 07:29 AM
Tennis player plays tennis. SHOCK REVELATION! :p

seriously, she wants to keep competative and maintain ranking, so why not play?

There are players I could mention, but won't, who play like half that many tournaments (or less) becasue thet don't need the money.:rolleyes:

Lighter
Feb 21st, 2012, 07:35 AM
Marion has always said that she will take a final decision during warm up. And if she has to pull out, she will do it. But she wants to try......for the tournament, for staff....

ElusiveChanteuse
Feb 21st, 2012, 11:19 AM

I think at least most people would know it involves a green ball.:oh:

Considering they are a first class nation in other racquet sports eg: Squash and Badminton... I would say they are quite knowledgable about tennis.

Gotta love ignorant Europeans :lol:
Knowledgeable? Meh, maybe some may know who Sharapova or Williams sisters are, or Federer, Nadal, Djokovic.:oh: Other than that, it isn't any popular (as in being played by the people) compared to the other two mentioned.;)

LightWarrior
Feb 21st, 2012, 11:26 AM
Yeah she likes $$$ more than being healthy. She was exhausted after Paris, but played Doha. Injured after Doha but plays Dubai...Vicious circle all through the year. Is that the way how a top player manages their tennis career ? Don't think so.

$uricate
Feb 21st, 2012, 11:42 AM
She has a bye in round 1 :oh:

Miracle Worker
Feb 21st, 2012, 11:50 AM
She has a bye in round 1 :oh:

Peng is out?

Sombrerero loco
Feb 21st, 2012, 11:55 AM
she is gonna get injured if she doesnt stop doing this

$uricate
Feb 21st, 2012, 11:56 AM
Peng is out?

No. Peng is the bye...

Simugna Help
Feb 21st, 2012, 11:56 AM
she is gonna get injured if she doesnt stop doing this

She can't stop atteinding tournaments, she needs to have "30 tournaments in the last 52 weeks" milestone achieved.:angel:

Singleniacki
Feb 21st, 2012, 12:09 PM
Why wouldnt you want to play Dubai, so much $$$$$$ :hearts:
If she plays KL, then we start to worry :sobbing:

heejin
Feb 21st, 2012, 04:10 PM
Why wouldnt you want to play Dubai, so much $$$$$$ :hearts:
If she plays KL, then we start to worry :sobbing:

Sne knows what she has to do. She is smart and her father's coach is a doctor.
Don't worry for her !

Excelscior
Feb 21st, 2012, 04:14 PM
By turning up, playing a few matches and not winning the actual tournament. I think she knows she won't win so plays as much as she can to boost her ranking and swell her bank account.

This is exactly what she did last year, and it brought her the highest ranking in her career (if I'm correct).

As a matter of fact, I think she played 27 tournaments last year (probably more than anyone in the top 20). So why not try it/do it again? She's been a master at it.

NA-GOAT
Feb 21st, 2012, 04:20 PM
I hope she retire and give Shuai a pass to 2R :sobbing:

FoxyliciousKhat
Feb 21st, 2012, 05:10 PM
I think at least most people would know it involves a green ball.:oh:

Knowledgeable? Meh, maybe some may know who Sharapova or Williams sisters are, or Federer, Nadal, Djokovic.:oh: Other than that, it isn't any popular (as in being played by the people) compared to the other two mentioned.;)

Just because it isn't played by the PEOPLE does not mean it's not followed. Hell tennis is not played by the people here, but the number of people discussing tennis on my FB newsfeed from back here tells you it's a lot more popular than one would at first imagine. The same for baseball, it's not a sport played here, in fact cricket is our sport but baseball is widely followed.

I agree with the poster that stated it's pure ignorance to think the people of Malaysia don't know tennis.

Foxy