PDA

View Full Version : Who'll end up their career winning more SLAMS out of the top 4?

Queenpova
Feb 20th, 2012, 01:44 PM
:devil:

Mustafina
Feb 20th, 2012, 01:49 PM
Kvitova. Wimbledon will be all hers when the Williams sisters retire.

Direwolf
Feb 20th, 2012, 02:35 PM
Azarenka will have atleast 5 AO.
Sharapova will have no more.
Kvitova will have atleast 5 Wimbledon.
Wozniacki will have no more.

justineheninfan
Feb 20th, 2012, 05:20 PM
Haha at 3 votes for Wozniacki. Some of you need to lay off on the meth and cocaine.

dsanders06
Feb 20th, 2012, 05:26 PM
I'd bet my house on it being Kvitova.

justineheninfan
Feb 20th, 2012, 09:15 PM
I think Petra will end up with atleast 6. I dont see Maria ending up with anymore than 5 at this point. Azarenka I see ending up with something in the 3-5 range, just like Maria. Wozniacki I see ending with 0, although she might sneak in a lucky 1 sometime (highly doubt at, especialy as her time as a top player seems to be nearing an end).

PMBH
Feb 20th, 2012, 11:55 PM
Probably Kvitova. Caro will win 2-4. Sharapova has won her last slam. Vika is the dark horse. She's very strong right now but she doesn't seem like someone who can keep playing well for a long stretch.

JJ all the way
Feb 21st, 2012, 02:54 AM
I'm probably high saying this but my bet is on Sharpie :) and then Kvitty.....

ServeCaspian
Feb 21st, 2012, 03:42 AM
I don't know for some reason I think Masha will end up with 5, if Petra manages to improve her outdoor hardcourt results in the next couple of years I would definately say her. Vika it depends on when she hits form, like when she hit GOAT form in Miami last year and won what 3? tournies in a row also making final of Madrid and Rome SF, retiring injured. She just came off the boil at RG. However, considering very few players are ready to pounce from the beginning of the season, with Vika being on of them I can see her winning another couple of AO titles.

Pops Maellard
Feb 21st, 2012, 03:53 AM
Kvitova can win heaps more and I voted for her. Jury's still out on Azarenka. She's doing well so far but I can't see her getting hot for two weeks more often than Petra.

Masha...*sigh*. No fucking idea what the future holds for her. She's made two final in the last three slams but hasn't really showed up. I'm starting to doubt if she still has that final push in her :o. Still things are better than say her AO '11 where after she lost to Petkovic playing so awfully I thought that things were really completely hopeless.

Obviously Caro will finish with the least amount of the group.

Stonerpova
Feb 21st, 2012, 04:39 AM
Kvitova. I think she'll win 7 or so. Azarenka will win 4 or 5. I'm sure Wozniacki will win at least 1 down the road somewhere.

Maria, just one more. Please and thank you.

LUVMIRZA
Feb 21st, 2012, 04:58 AM
Azarenka is the most consistent one and plays with the right balance of aggression and defense. She'll win more GSs than everybody else on this list:worship:

Temperenka
Feb 21st, 2012, 05:03 AM
It all depends on how Petra continues to develop as a player. In two years, we could easily be looking back saying "Wow, what happened to Kvitova?"

She could easily win 8-9 in her career, but I'm not sure she has it in her yet.

Safest bet is Vika who I think will end up with about 5.

I will be surprised if Maria wins more than 1 more. And I don't think Caroline will get more than 1 in her career.

SkylerBlue
Feb 21st, 2012, 05:14 AM
Caro will win 2012 USO. :)

The Kaz
Feb 21st, 2012, 05:24 AM
Vika 7 (3 AO, 1 RG, 3 US)
Maria 3 (1 AO, 1 WI, 1 US)
Petra 10 (2 AO, 2 RG, 5 WI, 1 US)
Caro 1 (1 US) :oh:

Chakvenus
Feb 21st, 2012, 05:36 AM
I'm thinking that Petra will win a few more Wimbledons, and she will probably sneak in a French and and AO as well, but I could easily see her slams being spread out over a few years because she's not quite consistent enough to completely dominate a season as a package.

I think Vika will win several more Australian Opens - she really seems to be one of the freshest, most hungry players every year at the start of the season, and I think the Aussie courts are perfect for her game. I also expect her to win a FO at some time in her career unless some clay-GOAT arises that will dominate Paris (though at this point it seems unlikely), because that slam is just too wide open for her to not be able to snag one at some point if she's in good enough form.

With Caro, I definitely see her winning a USO or two down the line, but it might be a few years down the line still... But honestly I don't see her grabbing one at the other three unless the draw really falls apart. And I mean REALLY falls apart... like facing Cornet, Wozniak, Pennetta, Aga, and whoever else are her 'bitches' and having the majority of her opposition have off days. Clay and grass just don't suit her well at all.

And then there's Maria... I honestly have no idea what to expect, but at this point I'm not going to start throwing out assurance that another slam is just around the corner, as her past two final efforts have been collectively dire.

Andddd having said that, I think Petra will have the most, then Vika, then Maria, and then Caro.

justineheninfan
Feb 21st, 2012, 04:02 PM
The easy calls are Kvitova winning the most and Wozniacki the least (probably none). The tough choice is who will end up with more between Sharapova and Azarenka.

AliceMariaRenka
Feb 21st, 2012, 04:08 PM
Petra. But I don't care as I like them all!

melodynelson
Feb 21st, 2012, 04:10 PM
I bet the answer to this question is a lot more surprising than any of us would imagine. Those who are just thinking Azarenka will OBVIOUSLY end her career with at least five majors are stupid as fuck. Sharapova, who was a lot more infinitely talented than Azarenka was and ever will be, was thought to have more than three majors in her. Look where she is now. Azarenka is no different, and definitely no better.

I would guess Kvitova, but maybe she'll get injured or suck or something. Nothing surprises me anymore with major champions.

justineheninfan
Feb 21st, 2012, 04:17 PM
Vika 7 (3 AO, 1 RG, 3 US)
Maria 3 (1 AO, 1 WI, 1 US)
Petra 10 (2 AO, 2 RG, 5 WI, 1 US)
Caro 1 (1 US) :oh:

Wow that would be 16 future slams to this group. I guess that could happen though.

Break My Rapture
Feb 21st, 2012, 04:29 PM
AO - Azarenka's territory
RG - Sharapova's territory?
Wim - Kvitova's habitat
USO - Wozniacki's best chance to sneak out a major?

Chrissie-fan
Feb 21st, 2012, 04:33 PM
Bar injuries (always a big if in the WTA) I'd say Kvitova.

aselto
Feb 21st, 2012, 04:35 PM
That's an easy question. KvittyGOAT by a long mile. :hearts: I don't expect any slam trophies from Sharapova or Wozniacki in the years to come.

$uricate
Feb 21st, 2012, 05:48 PM
I voted for Wozniacki out of sheer pity.

StoneRose
Feb 21st, 2012, 05:49 PM
Very hard to say atm. Probably Vika. Petra is so inconsistent that she may not reach the final some times, if she gets there she has a fair chance to win it but have to wait and see how the H2H with Vika develops. Maria has played some finals lately but hasn't really come close to winning one. Don't see that changing much especially if she meets Vika, that's a bad match up and going to stay that way. Caro at this point in her career? No way.

Of course other players could emerge or Maria might really step it up to be the winner after all.

Mistress of Evil
Feb 21st, 2012, 05:55 PM
Queen Petra + The Shrieking Demon, 7 titles for each. :worship:

danieln1
Feb 21st, 2012, 05:58 PM
Petra

Irute
Feb 21st, 2012, 06:03 PM
Voted for Vika, but anyone of these players can even out on top level and win more than others. For some reason my gut says Petra is not going to be around for very long. I have a feeling that her priorities are going to shift elsewhere.

faboozadoo15
Feb 21st, 2012, 06:17 PM
This is a really tough call. Azarenka and and Kvitova seem to have an upside to their major haul. It will be interesting to see how many they sneak away with.

Sharapova may be on the downside of her career, but I wouldn't tell her that. She's still relatively young and as hungry as ever. If she can claw her way through matches and finally produce some of the magic she once had in finals, I have little doubt she'll win another major. I'd love for it to be in Paris.

justineheninfan
Feb 21st, 2012, 06:25 PM
At this point I give Maria about as much chance to win a French Open as IMO Henin had of winning a Wimbledon, Seles would have had of winning a Wimbledon if she werent stabbed, and as Venus had of winning a French Open from 98-2004. Which IMO would be 35% roughly, so not terrible odds but less than even. If she does somehow win the French she could well win alot more slams though as in theory that should still be her weakest surface.

Chrissie-fan
Feb 21st, 2012, 06:25 PM
Sharapova may be on the downside of her career, but I wouldn't tell her that. She's still relatively young and as hungry as ever. If she can claw her way through matches and finally produce some of the magic she once had in finals, I have little doubt she'll win another major. I'd love for it to be in Paris.
Yeah, I would like to see her complete the career grand slam before she's done.

Talula
Feb 21st, 2012, 06:33 PM
I bet the answer to this question is a lot more surprising than any of us would imagine. Those who are just thinking Azarenka will OBVIOUSLY end her career with at least five majors are stupid as fuck. Sharapova, who was a lot more infinitely talented than Azarenka was and ever will be, was thought to have more than three majors in her. Look where she is now. Azarenka is no different, and definitely no better.

I would guess Kvitova, but maybe she'll get injured or suck or something. Nothing surprises me anymore with major champions.

I agree. Many thought in 2004 that Maria was going to be the new Seles.

The way things are now careers could be 3 or 4 slams tops.

As you say I think there are a lot of surprises down the line.

C. Drone
Feb 21st, 2012, 06:36 PM
short version: Azarenka > Kvitova > Wozniacki = Sharapova

Their competition doesnt look too scary. Old guards wont be here too long. Kim, Serena, Venus, Na, Fran, Stosur, etc wont be younger. Youngsters might wont be that promosing either, current 18-20yo generation especially. The rest of Generation Suck & Co. already long behind them, IMO Radwanska, Lisicki or Pavlyuchenkova can trouble them couple times.
But so many shit and surprise can happen, this is just speculation seeing current trends.

Azarenka has two very useful skillt. Killing scrubs is 80% of slams, and she does it exceptionally well. Kvitova can struggle against CSN, Errani or Dulgheru, but with Azarenka you barely see it. Lethal bighitters can trouble her, although there are not many and the chance they play GOAT against her is even less. Her other skill is dealing with GOOD players when they are not at their best or limited somehow (aka one-dimensional). See against Sharapova, Radwanska or Stosur. This 2 skills alone can win her 5-6 matches every slam without making anything complicated. Of course this is only true if she can keep up her form long time.
Winning her 2nd slam this year can be important, stopping the "one slam wonder" talks even before it hits her. Biggest chance always AO, then RG and USO. She can do Wimbledon too, but that seriously depends on Kvitova will block her road or not. That means I can see 2 slams/year in next 4-6 years.

Kvitova, same old story, can win anything and lose anytime. The only worrying is she looks the most injury prone of them. I do expect some rhapsodical career path, with many low and ups. 6-8 Slams definitely, mostly in Wimby but can win all.

Wozniacki had the lead a year ago, now in trouble. If she cant get her shit together and fill the holes in her game and mentality, sheŽll drop way behind these two and will only chewing on the possible leftover. Even if goes back to her 2010 end-2011 first half level, might wont takes more than 2-4 slams. And there are questions, how her body can hold up, possible burn out, etc.

Sharapova... sadly, ends with 3. If she could win, she shouldŽve already done it and not losing to first time slam finalists so easily. Her game, her consistency, her body breaks down too easily to challenge the rest of top players enough time. 1-2 nice wins can happen all the time or having cakewalks, but thats might not enough.

Talula
Feb 21st, 2012, 06:36 PM
At this point I give Maria about as much chance to win a French Open as IMO Henin had of winning a Wimbledon, Seles would have had of winning a Wimbledon if she werent stabbed, and as Venus had of winning a French Open from 98-2004. Which IMO would be 35% roughly, so not terrible odds but less than even. If she does somehow win the French she could well win alot more slams though as in theory that should still be her weakest surface.

Of all the slams RG is the most open in my view, and has been since Justine retired prematurely. I agree with your % chance for Maria to win it.

DemiCrayanhan
Feb 21st, 2012, 06:49 PM
based on talent alone, petra. but the girl is so damn inconsistent, she makes it so hard to bet on her.
on the other hand, i see this vika as a lock-in for multiple majors, especially considering half are played on hardcourts.
i would never count maria out, but i also won't ever consider her my favorite for any major anymore.
caro is irrelevant. imo, her days in top 4 are numbered.

doomsday
Feb 21st, 2012, 07:24 PM
short version: Azarenka > Kvitova > Wozniacki = Sharapova

Their competition doesnt look too scary. Old guards wont be here too long. Kim, Serena, Venus, Na, Fran, Stosur, etc wont be younger. Youngsters might wont be that promosing either, current 18-20yo generation especially. The rest of Generation Suck & Co. already long behind them, IMO Radwanska, Lisicki or Pavlyuchenkova can trouble them couple times.
But so many shit and surprise can happen, this is just speculation seeing current trends.

Azarenka has two very useful skillt. Killing scrubs is 80% of slams, and she does it exceptionally well. Kvitova can struggle against CSN, Errani or Dulgheru, but with Azarenka you barely see it. Lethal bighitters can trouble her, although there are not many and the chance they play GOAT against her is even less. Her other skill is dealing with GOOD players when they are not at their best or limited somehow (aka one-dimensional). See against Sharapova, Radwanska or Stosur. This 2 skills alone can win her 5-6 matches every slam without making anything complicated. Of course this is only true if she can keep up her form long time.
Winning her 2nd slam this year can be important, stopping the "one slam wonder" talks even before it hits her. Biggest chance always AO, then RG and USO. She can do Wimbledon too, but that seriously depends on Kvitova will block her road or not. That means I can see 2 slams/year in next 4-6 years.

Kvitova, same old story, can win anything and lose anytime. The only worrying is she looks the most injury prone of them. I do expect some rhapsodical career path, with many low and ups. 6-8 Slams definitely, mostly in Wimby but can win all.

Wozniacki had the lead a year ago, now in trouble. If she cant get her shit together and fill the holes in her game and mentality, sheŽll drop way behind these two and will only chewing on the possible leftover. Even if goes back to her 2010 end-2011 first half level, might wont takes more than 2-4 slams. And there are questions, how her body can hold up, possible burn out, etc.

Sharapova... sadly, ends with 3. If she could win, she shouldŽve already done it and not losing to first time slam finalists so easily. Her game, her consistency, her body breaks down too easily to challenge the rest of top players enough time. 1-2 nice wins can happen all the time or having cakewalks, but thats might not enough.

Stopped reading after this.:lol:

Petronius
Feb 21st, 2012, 07:27 PM
When we bump this thread up after 10 years, some of the predictions may look extremely funny. It's perfectly possible that only one of these players will win more than 5 slams. A possible scenario is that Serena will win 2-3 more slams, Stosur, Clijsters and Li-Na will each win one more, players like Petkovic, Kerber, Lisicki will win a US Open, Kuznetsova/Ivanovic may win an additional RG title and several more young players may emerge to snare the trophies away from the girls in the poll.

BTW, I like the poll result, as it shows who is considered as the real No. 1 (besides Serena) :devil:

NeKo
Feb 21st, 2012, 07:28 PM
I don't think Kvitova is mentally strong win another slam. Otherwise, she can win more than one.

Elisse
Feb 21st, 2012, 07:30 PM
Petra :worship:

MaSharp
Feb 21st, 2012, 07:37 PM
I think Petra, but just becouse she is so great on grass and still very young. I hope Sharapova to win 1-2, especially RG. This isn't realistic anyway...:(
I don't see Wozniacki winning a GS at all. She is worse than two years ago. After this season we'll see what she can do in the future.

C. Drone
Feb 21st, 2012, 07:39 PM

good for you. :shrug:

doomsday
Feb 21st, 2012, 07:53 PM

Oh I know it is, trust me :lol:

aselto
Feb 21st, 2012, 08:00 PM
But seriously, why would you expect Caro to win a slam, ever? Nothing short of miracle will save her from falling put of top 4, which is where players get "lucky" draws. Being out of top 4 means she'll be meeting someone from top 4 (or an in-form player who managed to beat a top 4 player) from quarterfinals onwards and she hasn't shown she's capable of beating 3 quality opponents in a row since in a loooong time.:rolleyes:

C. Drone
Feb 21st, 2012, 08:24 PM
But seriously, why would you expect Caro to win a slam, ever? Nothing short of miracle will save her from falling put of top 4, which is where players get "lucky" draws. Being out of top 4 means she'll be meeting someone from top 4 (or an in-form player who managed to beat a top 4 player) from quarterfinals onwards and she hasn't shown she's capable of beating 3 quality opponents in a row since in a loooong time.:rolleyes:

last 4 slam had 4 maiden winners (or Schiavone), but imagining Caro as slam winner is out of mind? :lol:
And who would exactly push her out from top4? and i dont mean next week, but next year or later? You think she will keep her current form all the time? or cant improve some? the instant rejection from some of you is hilarious and childish.

there was a thread here years ago, "which russian will end 2008 as highest?" or something and Safina wasnt even among the poll option. Guess what happened. TF and Fail walks hand in hand. :spit:

dsanders06
Feb 21st, 2012, 08:31 PM
last 4 slam had 4 maiden winners (or Schiavone), but imagining Caro as slam winner is out of mind? :lol:
And who would exactly push her out from top4? and i dont mean next week, but next year or later? You think she will keep her current form all the time? or cant improve some? the instant rejection from some of you is hilarious and childish.

there was a thread here years ago, "which russian will end 2008 as highest?" or something and Safina wasnt even among the poll option. Guess what happened. TF and Fail walks hand in hand. :spit:

Yes, because all those 4 maiden Slam winners had better games than Woz.

You stay deluded though :hug:

duhcity
Feb 21st, 2012, 08:37 PM
I'm shocked you think they'll all have a high number. If any of them have more than 5 I'd be surprised.

postalblowfish
Feb 21st, 2012, 08:40 PM
Oh I know it is, trust me :lol:

How can you know if you didn't read it?

Break My Rapture
Feb 21st, 2012, 08:40 PM
I'm shocked you think they'll all have a high number. If any of them have more than 5 I'd be surprised.
Why are you shocked? Kvitova, Azarenka and Sharapova right now are the best players and very soon the part-timers will be retired with no one from Gen Wack or earlier even giving a hint that they're a threat or that they have the potential to become one. The four slams every year are pretty much going to be divided between these three players IMO. The recent maiden slam winners are mostly veterans that hit a purple patch in their career and have pretty much failed to do anything of note afterward.

C. Drone
Feb 21st, 2012, 09:05 PM
Yes, because all those 4 maiden Slam winners had better games than Woz.

You stay deluded though :hug:

right, because it means that much when mens final is decided by who will pass out first.
where was StosurŽs Decoturf game before? Didnt she lost to the same Serena a month before? etc...

but picking up the anti-Woz lines in every thread she is slightly mentioned, now thats skill and enthusiasm.

aselto
Feb 21st, 2012, 09:53 PM

Her performance over the last 8-9 months positions her firmly as a #8-#10 player, not higher. And there's no signs of her game improving one bit.

I'd say predicting someone is bound to win 2-4 majors is a much stronger prediction than stating that the same player will win no majors at all, given the probability of giving any random player winning 2+ Slams.

The only factors we can include in those predictions is how high we estimate the player's raw talent and the prospects of building her game on top of that talent. I'd say Caro's anticipation is second to none, but she's not as good in other aspects and other players seem to have figured out how to exploit them when they play against her - of course Caro's game has undergone a lot more scrutiny than normal thanks to her prolonged #1 ranking, which doesn't help at all (in comparison - I think most players just knew Stosur as "the one with the weak backhand" and didn't pay as much attention to her as a threat deeper in the tournament and a potential GS champion).

Break My Rapture
Feb 21st, 2012, 09:57 PM
right, because it means that much when mens final is decided by who will pass out first.
where was StosurŽs Decoturf game before? Didnt she lost to the same Serena a month before? etc...

but picking up the anti-Woz lines in every thread she is slightly mentioned, now thats skill and enthusiasm.
Yes she did, and that's a good point, BUT we should adapt this situation hypothetically to Wozniacki. Wozniacki's worst surface is clay so here goes.

Rome final: Serena Williams def. Caroline Wozniacki 6-4 6-2. A couple of weeks later they both unexpectedly meet again in the final of RG, Woz struggled through epic three-setters against Petrova, Kirilenko and Kerber to get to the final. Serena didn't drop a set en route.
RG final: Caroline Wozniacki def. Serena Williams 6-2 6-3. All the drama included.

Now, do you think Wozniacki would have taken matters into her own hands like this on her worst surface (clay) where she has basically no track record of beating top players, let alone in a slam final against Serena Williams? Yes Stosur's run was completely random but Wozniacki couldn't have pulled it off in the final against Williams like Stosur did IMO.

MaSharp
Feb 21st, 2012, 10:09 PM
If any of them have more than 5 I'd be surprised.

Actually you could be right. :|

C. Drone
Feb 21st, 2012, 10:23 PM
Her performance over the last 8-9 months positions her firmly as a #8-#10 player, not higher. And there's no signs of her game improving one bit.

I'd say predicting someone is bound to win 2-4 majors is a much stronger prediction than stating that the same player will win no majors at all, given the probability of giving any random player winning 2+ Slams.
true IŽll give that. But making it a dumb yes or no question isnt better either.
Winning two with a 5 year break is a lot? Dont think so.
The 4, is kinda like a best case scenario, maybe I should have word better.

(still noone slamming me picking Azarenka over Kvitova or that Maria wont win more? Just Woz is enough relevant to start fights? :silly:)

The only factors we can include in those predictions is how high we estimate the player's raw talent and the prospects of building her game on top of that talent. I'd say Caro's anticipation is second to none, but she's not as good in other aspects and other players seem to have figured out how to exploit them when they play against her - of course Caro's game has undergone a lot more scrutiny than normal thanks to her prolonged #1 ranking, which doesn't help at all (in comparison - I think most players just knew Stosur as "the one with the weak backhand" and didn't pay as much attention to her as a threat deeper in the tournament and a potential GS champion).
well, agree, I cant add much.

ServeCaspian
Feb 21st, 2012, 10:26 PM

:spit:
+1

C. Drone
Feb 21st, 2012, 10:28 PM
Yes she did, and that's a good point, BUT we should adapt this situation hypothetically to Wozniacki. Wozniacki's worst surface is clay so here goes.

Rome final: Serena Williams def. Caroline Wozniacki 6-4 6-2. A couple of weeks later they both unexpectedly meet again in the final of RG, Woz struggled through epic three-setters against Petrova, Kirilenko and Kerber to get to the final. Serena didn't drop a set en route.
RG final: Caroline Wozniacki def. Serena Williams 6-2 6-3. All the drama included.

Now, do you think Wozniacki would have taken matters into her own hands like this on her worst surface (clay) where she has basically no track record of beating top players, let alone in a slam final against Serena Williams? Yes Stosur's run was completely random but Wozniacki couldn't have pulled it off in the final against Williams like Stosur did IMO.
Since Stosur won that, I can believe in anything.
Anything more about this hypothesis is plain fortune telling.

Brad[le]y.
Feb 21st, 2012, 10:31 PM

I think it's grass :shrug: her serve is mediocre and can't volley to save her life :shrug:

and Stosur is much better on the deco turf than she is on grass as well.

SwingVolley93
Feb 21st, 2012, 10:32 PM
Obviously Petra :shrug:

C. Drone
Feb 21st, 2012, 10:36 PM
I think it's grass :shrug: her serve is mediocre and can't volley to save her life :shrug:

and Stosur is much better on the deco turf than she is on grass as well.

her 1st serve is enough good lately, and most of players dont even have/want to volley nowadays, this isnt Ž80s anymore. (she would fail with the aproach shot anyway, like she did against Clijsters in some suicide game.)

marineblue
Feb 21st, 2012, 10:37 PM

Well said.

$uricate
May 28th, 2012, 06:30 PM
I still think Petra :shrug:

Aryman3
May 28th, 2012, 07:04 PM
Agnieszka, naturally

RyanGuy
May 28th, 2012, 07:14 PM
Radwanska!!!

PetraReeMona
May 28th, 2012, 09:41 PM
:spit: I bet this wasn't the answer the OP was looking for :oh:

aselto
May 28th, 2012, 09:43 PM
Yup, still Kvitova.

Cosmic Voices
May 28th, 2012, 10:00 PM
Petra will have the most overall:
Many more Wimbledons + AO

Vika will win more AO + USO

Hopefully Masha can reach 5 or get a career grand slam :cheer:

ServeCaspian
May 28th, 2012, 11:03 PM
I don't know, it's still too early to tell. I think Masha and Vika can have a great AO rivalry potentially, and Masha vs Petra could be a great potential Wimbledon rivalry. It's still too early to tell, if Masha can win one this year then she could win multiple more. For her to win the USO again though she'd need as many night matches as possible and a windless Arthur Ashe (not happening).

Petra atm looks likely to have a Pierce/Davenport Slam count. However it is her sophomore season, so I think she still has a few Wimbledon's in her. She could also win the AO and RG later in her career. Not sure about USO, although again it's still hard to tell at this stage whether this US hardcourt thing is an actual 'thing' or whether it's just due to her post-slam slump last year and injuries this year.

Vika will win a few AO's simply because its at the start of the season, however when she's on a winning streak she's on fire but as soon as it ends she doesn't really seem to recapture the magic, plus I just don't feel she has the game to beat Masha or Petra while they're playing close to their best, so if they are consistently in the latter stages and playing well at GSs that could affect Vika's slam count.

Aga, I feel she may win a couple but I feel she's actually stepped back from her Asian form were she was going for more with her serve and forehand. She would need a few people to tumble as well which will happen at some stage, and she seems like a player more than capable of taking opportunities handed to her.

vozas
May 28th, 2012, 11:52 PM
Maria will end up with 5 slams. Her 1st FO and another AO. Just like Legend

Queenpova
May 28th, 2012, 11:54 PM
Many more Wimbledons

Lol. really? :lol: I'm sure after Maria won wimbly at 17 people thought she'd have MANY more.

Cosmic Voices
May 29th, 2012, 12:01 AM
Lol. really? :lol: I'm sure after Maria won wimbly at 17 people thought she'd have MANY more.

true. but she went deep a few times after her 2004 run + then had shoulder problems in 2008.
petra can be truly devastating on grass, and whilst masha has the same affect she seems to be actually an all-round court player unlike petra who can only play indoor/grass/slow surfaces

Queenpova
May 29th, 2012, 12:58 AM
true. but she went deep a few times after her 2004 run + then had shoulder problems in 2008.
petra can be truly devastating on grass, and whilst masha has the same affect she seems to be actually an all-round court player unlike petra who can only play indoor/grass/slow surfaces

maria sent her back to C.R in her last 2 matches, im not worried about flukova. I'd say vika will win more slams than her.

NashaMasha
May 29th, 2012, 05:18 AM
I'm sure after Maria won wimbly at 17 people thought she'd have MANY more.
before her shoulder injury Masha had to compete with Justine(7), Serena(13), Venus(7), Amelie(2), Kim(4), Lindsey(3) multiple slam winners, it was a group of great players, some of them will be for a very long time in top 10 women tennis players ever
+ Kuznetsova, Ivanovic , Jankovic (all in best form) + Dementieva, Safina, Myskina, Pierce (not peak)

now we have only 1 active multiple slam winner - Sharapova who is in 5 finals this year and current №2, not #1 just because she missed a part of the 2011 season (because of injury )

of course with such a low competition in current WTA tour anyone among this group of mediocre players from so-called Generation Suck can catch 1-2 Slams, but they are not dominant enough even against similar mediocre players of their geneneration . Therefore i do not see any 5+ time Champions neither in Vika, nor in Petra . But they still can get 2-3 slams on their best surfaces just because of lack of real rivalry in WTA and kind draws

If Sharapova continues to play as she does in the season 2012 she will win more slams than Vika + Petra combined . Moreover we shouldn't forget that Vika is only 2 years younger than Maria,

MrSerenaWilliams
May 29th, 2012, 06:40 AM
Sharapova - 3.

stromatolite
May 29th, 2012, 07:04 AM
This thread should have been bumped at least 5 years in the future, not now.

aselto
May 29th, 2012, 07:08 AM
That's Karma Bish for you. :hatoff:

Mashi
Jun 23rd, 2012, 06:38 PM
I hope Maria, she's already won one more, that's such an awesome achievement, probably the best of the year so far.
However, I'm sure that the winner of Wimbly 2012 is among these: Kvitova/Azarenka/Serena Williams/Pironkova or even Kim. It is NID.

GrandMartha
Jun 23rd, 2012, 06:55 PM
Kvitova must be the most overrated player in tennis history.:facepalm:

doomsday
Jun 23rd, 2012, 06:57 PM
Maria is a contender at every major, Kvitova and Azarenka aren't yet. So the logic answer is Maria and she already has 3 more atm.

Brad[le]y.
Jun 23rd, 2012, 07:02 PM
I voted for Maria after AO, looks like I'm right. :yeah:

It was between her and Kvitova, but as big as Petra's game is, she can't rally to save her life. You can't consistently win slams if you can't rally.

Charlatan
Jun 23rd, 2012, 07:08 PM
I genuinely hope Kvitova's career doesn't go in the same vein of Peak Pierce's :unsure:

Mashi
Jun 23rd, 2012, 08:22 PM
I genuinely hope Kvitova's career doesn't go in the same vein of Peak Pierce's :unsure:

Your sig :drool:

justineheninfan
Jun 23rd, 2012, 08:33 PM
Maria already has 4 slams. Who knows if Kvitova and Azarenka will ever reach 5. If both reach 4 the career slam would give Maria the easy edge, atleast as far as slams alone. Maria will probably win atleast 1 more too. I didnt think previously it would be Maria, but it is looking more likely now. Then again the womens game is so weak and Kvitova and Azarenka still so young, they could well scavenger alot of slams so still not certain. Maria is a middle aged player now and will probably only play 2 or 3 more years anyway.

Mistress of Evil
Jun 23rd, 2012, 08:36 PM
Maria already has 4 slams. Who knows if Kvitova and Azarenka will ever reach 5. If both reach 4 the career slam would give Maria the easy edge, atleast as far as slams alone. Maria will probably win atleast 1 more too. I didnt think previously it would be Maria, but it is looking more likely now. Then again the womens game is so weak and Kvitova and Azarenka still so young, they could well scavenger alot of slams so still not certain. Maria is a middle aged player now and will probably only play 2 or 3 more years anyway.

She will stick around till Rio 2016 if injury-free.

Matt01
Jun 23rd, 2012, 08:38 PM
Maria is a contender at every major, Kvitova and Azarenka aren't yet. So the logic answer is Maria and she already has 3 more atm.

And despite Maria being "a contender at every major", she has won only one single Slam title in the last 4 years, which is not more than Vika or Petra have in the last 1 year. That and since Vika and Petra are much younger than Pova, my logic tells me that they will end up with more Slams.

Mashi
Jun 23rd, 2012, 08:41 PM
And despite Maria being "a contender at every major", she has won only one single Slam title in the last 4 years, which is not more than Vika or Petra have in the last 1 year. That and since Vika and Petra are much younger than Pova, my logic tells me that they will end up with more Slams.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5p6f1JwGc1rqtt66o2_250.jpg

What does your logic tell you when you know that Maria had already ~3 slams at their age?

aselto
Jun 23rd, 2012, 08:43 PM
It';s becoming increasingly clear that Wozniacki is going to win the most majors.

Break My Rapture
Jun 23rd, 2012, 08:44 PM
What if the slam Sharapova just won serves as a platform for her to start tearing through slams left and right?

Just because Azarenka and Kvitova are younger doesn't mean they will end up with more slams LOL. :spit:

Matt01
Jun 23rd, 2012, 08:54 PM
What does your logic tell you when you know that Maria had already ~3 slams at their age?

This tell sme that Maria broke through / peaked earlier than Vika and Petra, nothing more.

What if the slam Sharapova just won serves as a platform for her to start tearing through slams left and right?

People predicted the same after her WI win in 2004 and her AO win in 2008. And it never happened.

doomsday
Jun 23rd, 2012, 08:57 PM

You will notice that I said not yet, I wish them the very best and I hope to see a great battle between those three at every major but being younger doesn't mean much and you know it.

Mashi
Jun 23rd, 2012, 09:03 PM
This tell sme that Maria broke through / peaked earlier than Vika and Petra, nothing more.

People predicted the same after her WI win in 2004 and her AO win in 2008. And it never happened.

Oh :o, tell me why?

justineheninfan
Jun 23rd, 2012, 09:10 PM
She will stick around till Rio 2016 if injury-free.

She said in an interview about a year ago she couldnt imagine herself still playing tennis at 30.

Break My Rapture
Jun 23rd, 2012, 09:13 PM
She doesn't have to deal with the likes of Henin, Peak Clijsters on HC, Venus and Serena on grass etc now though.

debby
Jun 23rd, 2012, 09:18 PM
She said in an interview about a year ago she couldnt imagine herself still playing tennis at 30.

when our fave retired, she also said she understood her because she would retire at 25 with so many slams

Mistress of Evil
Jun 23rd, 2012, 09:30 PM

Make that 4-5 years ago. Definitely a comment made pre-surgery.
She has spoken a bunch of times already how the shoulder problem and the layoff have changed her perspective on things and made her realized how much she loves competing. Furthermore, there was a meeting in Miami between ITF officials & players in which the qualification for the Olumpics had been discussed and Maria said that she ain't happy that they changed the requirements which indicates she will participate in Rio as well plus she will be 29 in 2016.

Queenpova
Jul 12th, 2012, 05:56 PM
Sharapova - 3.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3gscszzTg1rtjju7o1_r1_500.gif

MrSerenaWilliams
Jul 12th, 2012, 06:27 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3gscszzTg1rtjju7o1_r1_500.gif

Hell, at least I picked her to win more than Kvotova/Azarenka :shrug:

Call me when she gets to Hingis/Henin/Venus/Seles numbers.

Aryman3
Jul 12th, 2012, 06:30 PM
Aga has a fair chance

doomsday
Jul 12th, 2012, 06:42 PM

Oh, we will. Don't worry about that.

Queenpova
Jul 12th, 2012, 07:24 PM

Why'd you compare someone with 9 slams to someone with 5? :tape:

As a Maria fan I feel so proud, she has won everything. All slams and YEC :worship:

debby
Jul 12th, 2012, 07:42 PM

As a Maria fan I feel so proud, she has won everything. All slams and YEC :worship:

never leave us :crying2:

Charlatan
Jul 12th, 2012, 07:45 PM

Save your peak Queenpova inner self when pova wins another slam :) It's a bit too early to peak as of now

Queenpova
Jul 12th, 2012, 07:45 PM
never leave us :crying2:

There was nothing bad/trollish about this comment :confused::wavey:

StoneRose
Jul 12th, 2012, 07:46 PM

As a Maria fan I feel so proud, she has won everything. All slams and YEC :worship:You're back :yeah:.

debby
Jul 12th, 2012, 07:50 PM
There was nothing bad/trollish about this comment :confused::wavey:

I was so sad about your ban :crying2: you were missed a lot on this forum

aselto
Jul 12th, 2012, 07:54 PM

Na-mug had no one to compete with wrt opening useless threads.:sad:

Queenpova
Jul 12th, 2012, 07:56 PM
Ironic shade? :lol:

Na-mug had no one to compete with wrt opening useless threads.:sad:

I have warmed up to Aga a lot :wavey:

Mashi
Jul 12th, 2012, 07:58 PM
Definitely Maria. Serena is the only one who could possibly beat her in that department but I can't see her win more than 1/2 slams in her career and Maria WILL for sure hold 2* slams at the end of her career. Mark my words. :clap2:

debby
Jul 12th, 2012, 07:58 PM
Ironic shade? :lol:

No !

Ok at the beginning, you were soooo annoying. But you are extremely funny ;) GM shall be interesting again. And how the heck did you warm up to Aga? :lol:

Queenpova
Jul 12th, 2012, 08:06 PM
No !

Ok at the beginning, you were soooo annoying. But you are extremely funny ;) GM shall be interesting again. And how the heck did you warm up to Aga? :lol:

I dont know, she's not so bad, she gets way too much hate and I like the way she plays

MrSerenaWilliams
Jul 12th, 2012, 08:24 PM

Considering the fact that it took over 4 years to win her 4th slam after winning her 3rd and she's only reached back-to-back major finals twice in her career, ending her career in the 5-9 range would be a huge accomplishment for her.

After her losses in majors to Dulko, Kirilenko, and Pennetta, I certainly didn't think she'd win another major, but it's not like she's dominating the tour and world #1 or anything (or even #2 for that reason).

BuTtErFrEnA
Jul 12th, 2012, 08:29 PM
Considering the fact that it took over 4 years to win her 4th slam after winning her 3rd and she's only reached back-to-back major finals twice in her career, ending her career in the 5-9 range would be a huge accomplishment for her.

After her losses in majors to Dulko, Kirilenko, and Pennetta, I certainly didn't think she'd win another major, but it's not like she's dominating the tour and world #1 or anything (or even #2 for that reason).

chiiii.....

doomsday
Jul 12th, 2012, 08:34 PM

:yawn:

dsanders06
Jul 12th, 2012, 08:36 PM

Wow, one (rather unimpressive) run to a Slam title and they've already managed to just about push Makarova and Razzano out of their nightmares :lol:

aselto
Jul 12th, 2012, 08:40 PM
Well, we can now safely agree that ~*Princess Karolina*~ is bound to overtake all the other girls... quite easily at that.

Mistress of Evil
Jul 12th, 2012, 08:48 PM
The combined number of Slams that Karolina, Martha, Vikaria, Petra (+Hagatha) have won/will win will not remotely come close to the infinitive number of Grand Slams titles that Renochka has(and will increase)!

dsanders06
Jul 12th, 2012, 08:50 PM
The combined number of Slams that Karolina, Martha, Vikaria, Petra (+Hagatha) have won/will win will not remotely come close to the infinitive number of Grand Slams titles that Renochka has(and will increase)!

I'd take that bet :lol: Seriously.

MrSerenaWilliams
Jul 12th, 2012, 08:51 PM
Wow, one (rather unimpressive) run to a Slam title and they've already managed to just about push Makarova and Razzano out of their nightmares :lol:

Umimpressive?!? Beating 3 of the Top 4 (2 of those 3 wins in straight sets), including 2 of the current 4 major winners? Serving more aces than ANY OTHER HUMAN BEING at Wimbledon this year? Dropping serve only 3 times in the last 3 rounds?

If that's unimpressive.....:shrug:

The loss at the French was 100% mental, it was never about skill/talent/form. Until she wins it again, the ghosts of 2003 are always going to haunt her. What was mental about losing to Oudin/Kudryavtseva/Dulko/Petkovic/Pennetta? :o

The loss to Makarova, really?! Did you not see the ankle sprain in Brisbane or the ROLL of tape on her calf during the tournament?!

Try again.

Trickle
Jul 12th, 2012, 08:52 PM

I think she said "If I'm still playing at 40, I have problems" and then laughed. I think someone was talking about Kimiko and asked if she would ever play at that age. I don't think she's ever said she wouldn't play until she was 30. She did say at 21, about Justine "If I had that many slams at that age (Justine was 25 almost 26), I'd retire too". She then mistook this for something she said at 18 but she was actually 21 as Justine retired in May of 2008 and therefore she was only four years away.

Basically the moral of the story is, people are allowed to change and will do so.

Queenpova
Jul 12th, 2012, 08:54 PM

Considering they'll have around 6 serena free years on tour...

bandabou
Jul 12th, 2012, 08:59 PM

:rolls: Who's this guy?! :rolls:

-1: When you're 30 and already got 13 majors, you can shrug off losses like that..'cause it happens eventually to all greats as age increases. Now contrast that to losing to Kirilenko, Oudin, Radwanska..:help: during youe PRIME years and you ONLY have 3 majors to begin with. :lol:
-2: Unimpressive victory, huh?! She beat 3 of the top 4 back to back to back and it could've been the whole top 3, but alas...your girl wsa too busy losing to Lisicki and stuff, soo..:lol: :wavey:

Jeffery
Jul 12th, 2012, 09:17 PM
Maria. For sure.

NashaMasha
Jul 13th, 2012, 04:19 AM
don't put together these amateurs with 1 or Zero Slams with Martha.
Karolina , Vikaria , Petra and Hagatha have combined twice less Slams as Martha

Now contrast that to losing to Kirilenko, Oudin, Radwanska.
Likhovtseva, Testud at AO, Srebotnik at FO, Jill Craybas at Wimbledon :lol:,

JN
Jul 13th, 2012, 05:05 AM
I'd take that bet :lol: Seriously.

Yet another bet you'd "Seriously" lose. :lol:

:rolls: Who's this guy?! :rolls:

-1: When you're 30 and already got 13 majors, you can shrug off losses like that..'cause it happens eventually to all greats as age increases. Now contrast that to losing to Kirilenko, Oudin, Radwanska..:help: during youe PRIME years and you ONLY have 3 majors to begin with. :lol:
-2: Unimpressive victory, huh?! She beat 3 of the top 4 back to back to back and it could've been the whole top 3, but alas...your girl wsa too busy losing to Lisicki and stuff, soo..:lol: :wavey:

:spit: :lol:

justineheninfan
Jul 13th, 2012, 05:14 AM
I cant believe I voted for Kvitova on this poll. In any case I could definitely see Azarenka and Kvitova both reaching 3 slams. Not sure if either will go beyond that. The WTA cant stay as weak as it is now forever, and is already improving. Serena and the parity of the WTA will keep everyones slam count down until then. Sharapova with 4 slams might well have won more slams than either of them ever do. Also considering Maria has the Career Slam either would have to win 5 to really have done as well or better in winning slams than Maria even if Maria stays at 4. Add to that Maria will probably atleast win 1 more slam in her career, and she seems like a slam dunk at this point.

justineheninfan
Jul 13th, 2012, 05:16 AM
I find the back and forth fighting between the Sharapova and Serena ubers in every darn thread getting a bit annoying. I understood there is a rivalry between the fan bases and that is part of what makes things fun around here, but does every thread have to turn into a Serena-Sharapova war seriously. Serena really has nothing to do with this thread, just like Sharapova has nothing to do with many Serena fans her name keeps coming up mysteriously in.

Stonerpova
Jul 13th, 2012, 05:18 AM
If Kvitova commits herself to her fitness she'll win the most. If not then probably Maria.

I just hope I don't live to see the day where Azarenka wins four slams :scared:

Nivellen
Jul 13th, 2012, 05:21 AM
don't put together these amateurs with 1 or Zero Slams with Martha.
Karolina , Vikaria , Petra and Hagatha have combined twice less Slams as Martha
She is as much of amateur as rest of them. They all combined have less than half of Serena slams.

Stonerpova
Jul 13th, 2012, 05:22 AM
She is as much of amateur as rest of them. They all combined have less than half of Serena slams.

Having less slams than the greatest player of this generation does not make you an amateur :lol:

Nivellen
Jul 13th, 2012, 05:32 AM
Having less slams than the greatest player of this generation does not make you an amateur :lol:
I know this. Tell it though to the one i quoted. Some of Maria fans cannot resist spitting shit right and left on everyone who isn't their fave.

Drake1980
Jul 13th, 2012, 06:32 AM
Petra! ;)

doomsday
Jul 13th, 2012, 06:36 AM
I cant believe I voted for Kvitova on this poll. In any case I could definitely see Azarenka and Kvitova both reaching 3 slams. Not sure if either will go beyond that. The WTA cant stay as weak as it is now forever, and is already improving. Serena and the parity of the WTA will keep everyones slam count down until then. Sharapova with 4 slams might well have won more slams than either of them ever do. Also considering Maria has the Career Slam either would have to win 5 to really have done as well or better in winning slams than Maria even if Maria stays at 4. Add to that Maria will probably atleast win 1 more slam in her career, and she seems like a slam dunk at this point.

Oh I can :lol: you're jumping on everyone's back as soon as they win a major. Just so you know you voted for Serena to reach 20 Slams :lol:

humanabstract
Jul 13th, 2012, 06:55 AM
Maria, but Vika can be very close.

justineheninfan
Jul 13th, 2012, 03:04 PM
Oh I can :lol: you're jumping on everyone's back as soon as they win a major. Just so you know you voted for Serena to reach 20 Slams :lol:

I still predict Serena to win 20 slams. What is your point. Many others do too. Time will tell, but considering she can beat todays top 3 players as easily as rolling out of bed it is hardly an unreasonable prediction.

You are truly an annoying and poor trolling excuse of a poster, who doesnt even bring the amusement value of skilled trolls such as marinablue, MamaJama, madmax (when she was alive) so to my ignore list you go.

Smitten
Jul 13th, 2012, 03:07 PM
Sadly, right now I'd bet on Azarenka.

Her generic game is the most consistent these days. It can be effective on all the surfaces and challenge any game style when she plays well.

dsanders06
Jul 13th, 2012, 03:16 PM
Sadly, right now I'd bet on Azarenka.

Her generic game is the most consistent these days. It can be effective on all the surfaces and challenge any game style when she plays well.

Why are you giving up on KvittyGOAT? :o

Azarenka's grown on me a lot lately, but I still only see her finishing with 2-3 Slams. She'll be super-consistent and no doubt a perennial semifinalist/finalist at Slams, but (unless she adds a kill shot to her arsenal which can get her out of tight holes), there's probably always going to be 2 or 3 players who just have a higher peak level than her and can take her out at any one time.

justineheninfan
Jul 13th, 2012, 03:29 PM
LOL at 9 votes for Wozniacki. Maybe OP should have specified Copenhagen is not a slam event.

doomsday
Jul 13th, 2012, 03:33 PM
I still predict Serena to win 20 slams. What is your point. Many others do too. Time will tell, but considering she can beat todays top 3 players as easily as rolling out of bed it is hardly an unreasonable prediction.

You are truly an annoying and poor trolling excuse of a poster, who doesnt even bring the amusement value of skilled trolls such as marinablue, MamaJama, madmax (when she was alive) so to my ignore list you go.

Exactly, I'm not here to make you laugh. You're full of shit and I'm telling it how I see it.

bandabou
Jul 13th, 2012, 03:37 PM

How much you expect Masha to win?! Curious..

doomsday
Jul 13th, 2012, 03:43 PM
How much you expect Masha to win?! Curious..

About 7. I wish I could say 10 but no, it's too much.

HRHoliviasmith
Jul 13th, 2012, 03:45 PM
LOL at 9 votes for Wozniacki. Maybe OP should have specified Copenhagen is not a slam event.

:rolls:

bandabou
Jul 13th, 2012, 04:46 PM
About 7. I wish I could say 10 but no, it's too much.

7? Okay..not too shabby, I'd say. Any guess where the next 3 will come? I say another RG and 2 more oz opens.

Queenpova
Jul 13th, 2012, 04:50 PM
As long as she's the most accomplished player of this century after Serena I'll be happy. :wavey:

bandabou
Jul 13th, 2012, 04:51 PM
As long as she's the most accomplished player of this century after Serena I'll be happy. :wavey:

That not gonna happen, but you can dream I guess. :lol:

Queenpova
Jul 13th, 2012, 04:57 PM
That not gonna happen, but you can dream I guess. :lol:

It's not THAT hard! I mean, who has the most slams after Serena, Henin with 7?

AndreConrad
Jul 13th, 2012, 05:00 PM
This century is just starting. There is plenty that may happen. Likely you will not see the result, even if you are 12 you'd be 100 years old.

dsanders06
Jul 13th, 2012, 05:02 PM
7? Okay..not too shabby, I'd say. Any guess where the next 3 will come? I say another RG and 2 more oz opens.

Not like you to predict such a high Slamcount for Maria :eek:

NashaMasha
Jul 13th, 2012, 05:03 PM

Henin with 7 , but NO Wimbledon in her collection

For Sharapova it is as hard to win the 5th Slam as it is hard for Vika to win the second. Nobody can guarantee in tennis this or this player definitely will win Slam or 3 Slams.

Queenpova
Jul 13th, 2012, 05:06 PM
This century is just starting. There is plenty that may happen. Likely you will not see the result, even if you are 12 you'd be 100 years old.

Lol, I meant until she retires

justineheninfan
Jul 13th, 2012, 05:10 PM

I think Maria will end up with 5 slams. Another RG to make it 5. Outside chance of 6 which would either mean 2 more RG or 1 more RG and 1 more Australian, but more likely 5. Either way she will go down as clay being her best surface ironically enough, and the very distant 2nd best clay courter of the 98-2015 period after Henin I predict (unless Serena also wins another RG which isnt impossible).

She isnt going to win 2 more AOs, no way. That is a good surface for her but with Serena and Azarenka, her two worst opponents by far, both excelling there, not a chance at winning multiple more there.

HRHoliviasmith
Jul 13th, 2012, 05:46 PM
I think Maria will end up with 5 slams. Another RG to make it 5. Outside chance of 6 which would either mean 2 more RG or 1 more RG and 1 more Australian, but more likely 5. Either way she will go down as clay being her best surface ironically enough, and the very distant 2nd best clay courter of the 98-2015 period after Henin I predict (unless Serena also wins another RG which isnt impossible).

She isnt going to win 2 more AOs, no way. That is a good surface for her but with Serena and Azarenka, her two worst opponents by far, both excelling there, not a chance at winning multiple more there.

very reasoned post as usual. but I think continued cakewalk draws + continued wta mental midgetry + serena won't be around forever will net her at least 6 or 7, sadly. 5 is kind of conservative.

bandabou
Jul 13th, 2012, 06:00 PM

Good call..I expect her to play longer than Serena...and realistically those are the only majors she even has a SHOT at winning right now. We'll see. The problem with Maria is that she is barely reaching multiple finals a year and hasn't won multiple majors in a year yet, so that's holding her back.

Stonerpova
Jul 13th, 2012, 06:32 PM
Good call..I expect her to play longer than Serena...and realistically those are the only majors she even has a SHOT at winning right now. We'll see. The problem with Maria is that she is barely reaching multiple finals a year and hasn't won multiple majors in a year yet, so that's holding her back.

I think she's still making progress in that regard. Despite her up and down play this season she may well have the best year of her career as far as majors are concerned. This is the first time ever that's she made multiple finals in the same season.

bandabou
Jul 15th, 2012, 11:27 AM
I think she's still making progress in that regard. Despite her up and down play this season she may well have the best year of her career as far as majors are concerned. This is the first time ever that's she made multiple finals in the same season.

Yep..this is her best year at the majors so far. :yeah:

Chrissie-fan
Jul 15th, 2012, 01:05 PM
Everything depends on what players will come up behind them, but I think Sharapova will win several more. Maybe one or two more FO and one or two more of the other three. So, if she stays healthy I can see her having 6-8 by the time she's done. Azarenka is consistent and if not the outright favorite she could be a co-favorite in three of the four majors for years to come. Let's say that she'll end up with 4-6. Kvitova is the mystery girl for me. She'll probably win a few more Wimbledons, but other than that I have no idea. She could if she develops a middle game win more than the other two, but if not I can also imagine her ending up with fewer than them. Wozniacki was even in her #1 days a co-fave behind a few others (and only in two of the four slams at that) rather than the outright favorite. She needs to end the downward spiral her career is in real soon or it will be too late. As we speak her chances of winning a slam are virtually zero.