PDA

View Full Version : Wozniacki: i've lost some respect to the(former players who r currently commentators)

Pages : [1] 2

guichard
Feb 20th, 2012, 11:45 AM
So sad for you Caro :hearts::hearts::hearts:

Source : WTA all access hour today in Dubai . Reported by Reem Abullei on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ReemAbulleil

Patrick345
Feb 20th, 2012, 11:47 AM
Could you be a bit more vague....:rolleyes:

Excelscior
Feb 20th, 2012, 11:48 AM
I haven't seen the article, but you know people are going to ask you for sources.

I just turned my computer on not too long ago, so I have no idea about this.

Doesn't sound like something she would say to be quite honest. Caro is usually all about her business, unless it's about maintaining, reclaiming, gunning for # 1.

*Nefertiti*
Feb 20th, 2012, 11:49 AM
Where did she say that, where's the interview?

Sammo
Feb 20th, 2012, 01:21 PM
???

RenaSlam.
Feb 20th, 2012, 01:24 PM
Source.

Miracle Worker
Feb 20th, 2012, 01:26 PM
We need some facts...

You know things like names, source...

danieln1
Feb 20th, 2012, 01:28 PM
:weirdo:

Meelis
Feb 20th, 2012, 01:31 PM
WTA all access hour in Dubai.

Wozniacki: i've lost some respect for the (former players who r currently commentators)

@JanefromNC @Sport_360 she didnt say they r responsible 4 anything. She was asked if she lost respect 4 some & she said yes & explained y

https://twitter.com/#!/ReemAbulleil

guichard
Feb 20th, 2012, 01:38 PM
Oops I forgot to add the source. She made the comment today during the WTA all access hour Reem Abullei on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ReemAbulleil

Excelscior
Feb 20th, 2012, 01:39 PM
WTA all access hour in Dubai.

https://twitter.com/#!/ReemAbulleil

Wow!

Bitter/Taking it personally, a little aren't we Caroline (if I read that correctly)? :confused: :eek: :confused:

You're slipping babes. Usually the only thing you cared or wanted to talk about was anything having to do with number one. Who cares what former players think (even some of your idols). Plus, many things they say are taken out of context, or you don't get to see the actual video (so who knows what they really said or meant).

Once they become commentators, anything goes. It's part of the business.

Don't be so sensitive or vindicative, like some of your stans.

Mightymirza
Feb 20th, 2012, 01:45 PM
We also need her explanation :p

The Dawntreader
Feb 20th, 2012, 01:48 PM
Well i'm sure the feeling was already mutual.

C. Drone
Feb 20th, 2012, 01:56 PM
Wow!

Bitter/Taking it personally, a little aren't we Caroline (if I read that correctly)? :confused: :eek: :confused:

You're slipping babes. Usually the only thing you cared or wanted to talk about was anything having to do with number one. Who cares what former players think (even some of your idols). Plus, many things they say are taken out of context, or you don't get to see the actual video (so who knows what they really said or meant).

what a joke are you, really. :spit:

Apoleb
Feb 20th, 2012, 01:58 PM
Who was she talking about?

Davenport? :oh: Davy hates her guts.

Chrissie-fan
Feb 20th, 2012, 02:03 PM
Wow!

She was asked a question and once that happens, anything goes. It's part of the question asking business that you can expect an answer.

Queenpova
Feb 20th, 2012, 02:04 PM
Dont mind the haters caro, you have something they dont, grand slams

oh wait

C. Drone
Feb 20th, 2012, 02:05 PM
Who was she talking about?

Davenport? :oh: Davy hates her guts.

that list is too long. :lol:

Chrissie-fan
Feb 20th, 2012, 02:10 PM
Dont mind the haters caro, you have something they dont, grand slams

oh wait
You forgot to add one of these: :oh: :happy::haha:

Jimmie48
Feb 20th, 2012, 02:12 PM
Hard to not lose respect for the media these days. Some of them behave like kids... I remember when Navratilova heckled her in that Wimbledon interview last year...it was embarrassing.

Excelscior
Feb 20th, 2012, 02:18 PM
She was asked a question and once that happens, anything goes. It's part of the question asking business that you can expect an answer.

Hi Chrissie.

You don't think it's a little unorthodox and unnecessary for a 21 yr old current player to say that she "lost respect for some former players?" I do.

Broadcasters are paid to talk. Not current players. Even former players (that are not broadcasters), that comment on matches; why would she care? Everybody has an opinion. Her job is to focus on tennis.

Plus, like I said earlier, does she ever knows the true meaning of what a former player said or meant, unless she saw it herself or heard from the actual player?

I don't think Hingis has anything against her. And even if Caro really felt that way (if this is accurate, and we're getting the true measure of it), why would she express that publicly? Martina is a young legend (and the same could be loosely said about John McEnroe, Tracy Austin, Martina Navratilova, etc.). Where's the respect?

I didn't see it. And this could be all to do about nothing. But I think she should focus more on her tennis game, then what former players say/feel about her.

It all appears a little childish, misplaced, unnecessary and vindictive to me. That's all I'm saying.

Excelscior
Feb 20th, 2012, 02:29 PM
Hard to not lose respect for the media these days. Some of them behave like kids... I remember when Navratilova heckled her in that Wimbledon interview last year...it was embarrassing.

Matina did what now?

How exactly did she heckle her?

I vaguely remember something like this being discussed, but I don't know if it fits your exact description.

Please do tell?

I sense another exaggeration.

JJ Expres
Feb 20th, 2012, 02:31 PM
Hi Chrissie.

You don't think it's a little unorthodox and unnecessary for a 21 yr old current player to say that she "lost respect for some former players?" I do.

Broadcasters are paid to talk. Not current players. Even former players (that are not broadcasters), that comment on matches; why would she care? Everybody has an opinion. Her job is to focus on tennis.

Plus, like I said earlier, does she ever knows the true meaning of what a former player said or meant, unless she saw it herself or heard from the actual player?

I don't think Hingis has anything against her. And even if Caro really felt that way (if this is accurate, and we're getting the true measure of it), why would she express that publicly? Martina is a young legend. Where's the respect?

If this is all true, it seems a little childish, misplaced, unnecessary and vindictive to me. That's all I'm saying.

i just love how people pretend that they don't care what others think and talk about them behind their backs. They are publicly trashing carolina and that's rude and disrespectful and of course it's bothering her.

goldenlox
Feb 20th, 2012, 02:34 PM
Caroline should say " I was the #1 player for 2010 and 2011, and a lot of people talk about me. Its never going to be 100% positive"

There's no reason to even acknowledge negative comments, even if she's aware of them.
But I guess she just answered a leading question, so no big deal.

Jimmie48
Feb 20th, 2012, 02:37 PM
Matina did what now?

How exactly did she heckle her?

I vaguely remember something like this being discussed, but I don't know if it fits your exact description.

Please do tell?

I sense another exaggeration.

No. It was a joint interview with another female "expert" (one of the Americans, can't recall the name right now) after one of her matches. They were very rude to her about her playing style, interrupted her while she was talking etc.

Some user in here made up the term of "Two evil grandmas bullying her" and that's exactly what that was. What made it even more embarrassing was that this was shortly after Team Wozniacki's talks about hiring Navratilova as advisor failed so you really could get the sense that she was trying to stick it to her. Very unprofessional...

Excelscior
Feb 20th, 2012, 02:43 PM
i just love how people pretend that they don't care what others think and talk about them behind their backs. They are publicly trashing carolina and that's rude and disrespectful and of course it's bothering her.

Hi Sue/JJ Express.

But considering Caro's current state, don't you think it's a little troubling, if this does bother her?

You know. Could we be seeing the beginning of the unraveling here?

Secondly, broadcasters (especially former players) are paid to analyze players games, and give constructive criticism as they see it, even if we/or the player doesn't like it. Correct?

Now fans can get upset and complain all they want. But the player should have other concerns (at least when expressing them publicly as she did), unless it was said in humor.

Prove them wrong on the tennis court and Majors, I say.

Jimmie48
Feb 20th, 2012, 02:46 PM
Hi Sue/JJ Express.

But considering Caro's current state, don't you think it's a little troubling, if this does bother her?

It has nothing to do with unraveling. Even the world's nicest person can only take so much...she's been dealing with this shit for almost two years now, you have to give her credit for being silent about it for so long.

Patrick345
Hi Chrissie.

I don't think Hingis has anything against her. And even if Caro really felt that way (if this is accurate, and we're getting the true measure of it), why would she express that publicly? Martina is a young legend. Where's the respect?

If this is all true, it seems a little childish, misplaced, unnecessary and vindictive to me. That's all I'm saying.

You think itīs unreasonable that she eventually gets upset over former players, legends, maybe childhood idols of hers that basically pissed on her game and grave at every opportunity? Many said she was a fraud #1. Patrick McEnroe/Darren Cahill fistbumped Azarenka on live TV, and gave her a standing ovation, while commenting and praising her for getting rid of the fraud #1. I mean who are Patrick McEnroe and Darren Cahill, really? They would have killed for her success, fame and money. Navratilova is basically a Kvitova fangirl.

Otherwise some self-reflection wouldnīt be bad. Most people here get (occasionally) upset, when somebody says something negative about their favourite players, sometimes bordering on paranoia. You are currently throwing hissyfits, because Azarenka rightfully receives all the attention that Kvitova rightfully received at the end of last year, when she was super-hot.

For the last two days, you have done nothing but bad-mouth Stosur, Radwanska and Azarenkaīs game to make Kvitova look better. Yet you think Wozniacki has no right to have enough of the sometimes transparent hatred of some former players direct toward her?

KBdoubleu
No. It was a joint interview with another female "expert" (one of the Americans, can't recall the name right now) after one of her matches. They were very rude to her about her playing style, interrupted her while she was talking etc.

Some user in here made up the term of "Two evil grandmas bullying her" and that's exactly what that was. What made it even more embarrassing was that this was shortly after Team Wozniacki's talks about hiring Navratilova as advisor failed so you really could get the sense that she was trying to stick it to her. Very unprofessional...

http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=435726

TennisFan66
Good to see the usual anti-Caroline GM muppets found an excuse .. :rolleyes:

Excelscior
Feb 20th, 2012, 02:49 PM

Mmmhhhh.

It sounds like the Tennis Channel. And Tracy Austin, would of probably been the other "Grandma (unless Mary Carillo, was on TC at the time)". :lol:

I do vaguely remember something like this, so I don't want to outright admonish it.

I know Martina can be a little snippity sometimes, indeed.

But she may of been excited and cut/butt into that interview to ask Caroline a question (or make a point if she felt she had a bad loss). I don't exactly remember. But I'll take your word for it.

Was it truly insulting and unprofessional, or just something you didn't like?

tennisbum79
Feb 20th, 2012, 02:49 PM
I don't blame Caro on this.

I think they cross the line very often, the professional journalist/sportscaster line, that is.

At a major events, they usually start with mild criticism throwing in complements here and there; but as the tournament goes on and Carol shows signs of struggle to win some matches, they become more and more disrespectful to her.

Another observation I find disturbing is, the non-players they pair with, use these former players as cover to take a dig at Caro.

Usually, the non-player journalist will inflate the ego of the former player s/he is paired with ( "---- [ fill in name of former player], you won so many matches in your days") , then come the criticism of Caro in form of a mild question as to why she has so much trouble winning these matches while ranked #1, seeking agreement or approval.

JJ Expres
Feb 20th, 2012, 02:52 PM
Hi Sue/JJ Express.

Secondly, broadcasters (especially former players) are paid to analyze players games, and give constructive criticism as they see it, even if we/or the player doesn't like it. Correct?

Now we fans can get upset and complain all they want. But the player should have other concerns (at least expressing them publicly as she did).

Prove them wrong on the tennis court and Majors, I say.

Do you think that they would say all these things about her if Caro was sitting next to them in commentary box?i don't think so...
caro probably knows all of them (superficially), and they probably never said anything to her face and then she can hear all these bad comments from journalist.
would you like to hear that your colleagues are whispering behind your back?

Chrissie-fan
Feb 20th, 2012, 02:55 PM
You think itīs unreasonable that she eventually gets upset over former players, legends, maybe childhood idols of hers that basically pissed on her game and grave at every opportunity? Many said she was a fraud #1. Patrick McEnroe/Darren Cahill fistbumped Azarenka on live TV, and gave her a standing ovation, while commenting and praising her for getting rid of the fraud #1. I mean who are Patrick McEnroe and Darren Cahill, really? They would have killed for her success, fame and money. Navratilova is basically a Kvitova fangirl.

Otherwise some self-reflection wouldnīt be bad. Most people here get (occasionally) upset, when somebody says something negative about their favourite players, sometimes bordering on paranoia. You are currently throwing hissyfits, because Azarenka rightfully receives all the attention that Kvitova rightfully received at the end of last year, when she was super-hot.

For the last two days, you have done nothing but bad-mouth Stosur, Radwanska and Azarenkaīs game to make Kvitova look better. Yet you think Wozniacki has no right to have enough of the sometimes transparent hatred of some former players direct toward her?
You are (almost, but not quite) the last person I would have expected this comment from, so thanks. :)

AliceMariaRenka
Feb 20th, 2012, 02:56 PM
I guess I'm the only person on here who feels for Caroline, even though she has achieved more and will achieve more than anyone on here, and hopes she gets the last laugh.

As someone once said: teachers teach those that do. Commentators comment on players that play, and there's nothing worse than some old has been pontificating on the TV - particularly since many of them had lesser careers than Caroline.

Bonfire
Feb 20th, 2012, 02:59 PM
If the former champions/commentators can feel free to express their "honest" opinions about Caroline, then she should be able to respond honestly. Maybe now that Caro isn't carrying that WTA flag as the #1 player, she feels like she can reply to these questions a little differently. I don't see this as unraveling or losing focus at all. Some of these commentators were extra harsh on her this past year or so.

goldenlox
Feb 20th, 2012, 03:01 PM
I've heard Darren Cahill say a lot of complimentary things about Caro.
He's part of the adidas team and worked with her.

So I never believe what people write here about commentators.
I've heard Navratilova compliment Wozniacki a lot. She said she wanted to coach her.

Its never going to be all positive. Nor should it be.

timafi
Feb 20th, 2012, 03:02 PM
get over it Caro

CWTennis
Feb 20th, 2012, 03:04 PM
Wozniacki slams Navratilova
http://www.sport24.co.za/Tennis/Wozniacki-slams-Navratilova-20120220?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
Dubai - Former world No 1 Caroline Wozniacki hit back at Martina Navratilova on Monday for claiming that the Dane had never deserved to be top of the world rankings.

Wozniacki also suggested she has lost respect for Navratilova, regarded by many as the greatest female player ever, implying that her TV commentating sought to stir things up and that it would be better to "think a little bit."

"I would never say Martina was No 1 when there was no-one playing," Wozniacki said, "or that she was the best when no-one was playing. That would be disrespectful."

Her comment was an echo of Navratilova's remarks at an Australian Open press conference, in which the 55-year-old legend said: "Clearly nobody feels Wozniacki is a true No 1."

Navratilova, whose 18 Grand Slam singles titles were achieved when the women's game had less depth, also criticised the modern ranking system which placed Wozniacki at the top for 68 weeks.

This places too much emphasis on the quantity of wins rather than their quality, Navratilova alleged, suggesting fellow Czech Petra Kvitova, Wimbledon champion and winner of five other titles last year, should have become No 1 instead.

When Wozniacki was asked if she had lost respect as a result of some of the remarks made about her on television, she reacted immediately.

"I think I have to be honest, lost a little bit of respect. Because I respect what they have achieved," she said, referring to players of a previous era who are now commentators.

"And I really respect what someone else (has done), I know how hard it is to reach the top level of a sport like tennis.

"I think I would never say Martina was No 1 when there was no-one playing, or she was the best when no-one was playing. I mean that would be disrespectful.

"She was unbelievable. She won so many Grand Slams, her touch was unbelievable. Martina Hingis was unbelievable as well - for me my favourite player.

"But I think they should respect players that are playing now as well. Because they know how hard it is. You don't just wake up and say okay I want to win this tournament, and it just happens like this. At that point, you are like, they should just think a little bit."

Wozniacki reacted almost as strongly when asked about Navratilova's comment that it was Kvitova and Victoria Azarenka who now formed the game's best rivalry.

"They always have to make comments, and that's what they get paid for - to be comments, because they are not playing any more. And they need to stir everything up," Wozniacki said.

"When I was No 1 they needed to make a story so in the beginning when I was coming up they were saying I was the next big thing.

"Then when I had been there for a while and it got boring... then they said she hasn't won a Grand Slam - because and because and because.

"Soon it will be if Victoria (Azarenka) loses a match, 'how could she lose a match?'"

Wozniacki lost her world No 1 ranking to Azarenka three weeks ago, and is seeded three in defence of the Dubai Open title this week, behind the Belarussian and the Czech.

Kvitova has since withdrawn with a virus, and Wozniacki should play Azarenka in the semi-finals on Friday

Excelscior
Feb 20th, 2012, 03:06 PM

Are you really comparing what anonymous fans, behind a computer, compared to what an actual player says about another in front of a camera? :confused: :eek: :confused:

I don't knock Azarenka's success. I congratulate her for it all the time. But like the same media you dislike, I feel Azarenka is basically the same power grinder today, that she was last year, when she was losing to Kvitova (albeit more palatable than Caroline to the media). There been a million threads on this.

All that means is, I don't see Vika being any different now, then she was then (since so many questions were raised about her level of play). There's a difference.

As far as Stosur and Radwanska. Not only do I not see any connection to Kvitova comparisons from that; everybody criticized those two. So I'm not exactly sure what your point was with them?

You're saying a Kvitova fan is supposed to be jealous of Radwanska and Stosur play this year as well? :confused: :help: :confused: I'm miffed.

Juju Nostalgique
Feb 20th, 2012, 03:07 PM
At least they won Slams and were entertaining to watch. :rolleyes:

Mynarco
Feb 20th, 2012, 03:09 PM

Oh, the irony.

Burisleif
Feb 20th, 2012, 03:10 PM
Mmmhhhh.

It sounds like the Tennis Channel. And Tracy Austin, would of probably been the other "Grandma (unless Mary Carillo, was on TC at the time)". :lol:

I do vaguely remember something like this, so I don't want to outright admonish it.

I know Martina can be a little snippity sometimes, indeed.

But she may of been excited and cut/butt into that interview to ask Caroline a question (or make a point if she felt she had a bad loss). I don't exactly remember. But I'll take your word for it.

Was it truly insulting and unprofessional, or just something you didn't like?

Clearly you have no idea about the context or incidents being discussed, but that will not stop you trying to wriggle out of what were "childish, misplaced, unnecessary and vindictive" (to quote yourself) comments on her answer.

Regarding the OP,

What I find rather disrespectful about the commentary from some 'former players' is the erosion of respect towards the players that was 'professional commentary' in their day, and that they were themselves afforded and enjoyed in their time. It illustrates to me that their post tennis career demands are perhaps conflicting with the respect and support they should have for their sport. Part of what used to make a great champion was the way they behaved towards other players and toward the sport throughout their involvement with it, and even after playing retirement.

Excelscior
Feb 20th, 2012, 03:11 PM
I've heard Darren Cahill say a lot of complimentary things about Caro.
He's part of the adidas team and worked with her.

So I never believe what people write here about commentators.
I've heard Navratilova compliment Wozniacki a lot. She said she wanted to coach her.

Its never going to be all positive. Nor should it be.

Wow!

We finally have some sanity and clarity responding to this post.

Like you, I don't like to personalize what commentators say, even if I may not like or agree with what they all say.

You just gotta let it go. And as a player; you REALLY have to do that.

It doesn't help the player in the least bit to get into a potential war of words with a former players, especially a great one (and what does it say about their current psychic)?

I'm surprised some of her more impassioned fans here don't see it that way. :confused: :eek: :confused:

Sammo
Feb 20th, 2012, 03:12 PM
Wozniacki should become a bit more offensive :lol:

TennisFan66
Feb 20th, 2012, 03:13 PM
Thank you for posting the full interview!

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to s_dreamer82 again.

Super comments by Caroline! Now she's not #1 any longer, she obviously feels, she doesn't have to hold back as much in regards to the media vultures.

Jimmie48
Feb 20th, 2012, 03:14 PM
What she says is perfectly reasonable, I think it's a good think that she finally responds to these kinds of comments.

Patrick345
Feb 20th, 2012, 03:16 PM
Are you really comparing what anonymous fans, behind a computer, compared to what an actual player says about another in front of a camera? :confused: :eek: :confused:

I don't knock Azarenka's success. I congratulate her for it all the time. But like the same media you dislike, I feel Azarenka is basically the same power grinder today, that she was last year, when she was losing to Kvitova (albeit more palatable than Caroline to the media). There been a million threads on this.

All that means is, I don't see Vika being any different now, then she was then (since so many questions were raised about her level of play). There's a difference.

As far as Stosur and Radwanska. Not only do I not see any connection to Kvitova comparisons from that; everybody criticized those two. So I'm not exactly sure what your point was with them?

You're saying a Kvitova fan is supposed to be jealous of Radwanska and Stosur play this year as well? :confused: :help: :confused: I'm miffed.

Uh what Iīm saying is that we as fans (on someting as "irrelevant" as a message board) sometimes get upset over comments people make about tennis players we donīt even know personally, but when a player like Wozniacki gets attacked directly and publicly, they should just stand there and say: Thank You Martina for telling me Iīm a useless #1?

There is this thing called human nature.

You said stuff like a win over Stosur in a final is worth less, because Stosur has a horrible record in finals. Yeah ask Serena if that finals record of Stosur can buy her the 2011 USO title? If you think there is no difference between how Azarenka plays today or six weeks or six months ago, then for whatever reason you are a poor judge of her game.

C. Drone
Feb 20th, 2012, 03:17 PM
gutsy talk, because Caro cant win this battle against the media.

now bring this attitude on court too. ;)

Blu€
Feb 20th, 2012, 03:18 PM

Shut up, you were watching tennis in Navratilova days? Yeah right :lol:

Caro :hearts: about time she sent a message to that old geezer.

Excelscior
Feb 20th, 2012, 03:19 PM
http://www.sport24.co.za/Tennis/Wozniacki-slams-Navratilova-20120220?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Boy.

Can you hold back next time Caroline?

You think you weren't to reserved in this article?

Wow!

She must be coming apart at the seams. :eek: :lol: :eek:

Excuse me? Lol

She said a mouthful.

goldenlox
Feb 20th, 2012, 03:20 PM
What she says is perfectly reasonable, I think it's a good think that she finally responds to these kinds of comments.Its reasonable, but there's no point even going there. You cant control what commentators say. Plus there's tennis writers and bloggers and tweeters and message boards.
She's a celebrity, you have to let it go. There's millions of comments out there

Patrick345
Feb 20th, 2012, 03:21 PM
"I would never say Martina was No 1 when there was no-one playing," Wozniacki said, "or that she was the best when no-one was playing. That would be disrespectful."

Haha nice. I always knew she had this sneaky mean streak.

Obviously she is just saying that. :rolls:

Jimmie48
Its reasonable, but there's no point even going there. You cant control what commentators say. Plus there's tennis writers and bloggers and tweeters and message boards.
She's a celebrity, you have to let it go. There's millions of comments out there

I don't agree. She won't change their opinion but it's good to show them that she won't take absolutely everything from everyone once in a while. Nice people tend to get abused and this has going on for far too long..

Burisleif
Oh, the irony.

Remind us about the reason you were banned from TF, your trip to Serbia, and then perhaps explain to us all why you are still ever present in her threads making derogatory commentary and cheap jibes.

Chrissie-fan
What she says is perfectly reasonable, I think it's a good think that she finally responds to these kinds of comments.
After thinking about it for a bit, I'm actually happy that she did this. As I've said the other day at the Caro forum, "I wished that just once she would stop being so nice and bring out her inner Jimmy Connors and tell all those people to go fuck themselves." She didn't do anything close to that, but I guess it's as close as I could have hoped for. Well said Caroline! :yeah:

Martian Jeza
Feb 20th, 2012, 03:25 PM
Even her idol Martina Hingis criticized her game and I think if I good understand : she also has lost respect with Martina Hingis... Anyway, instead of proving the media wrong by performing on the courts : she did otherwise : she underperformed, her game went from bad to worst, and so on and so on... Her last final was at New Haven back in August last year... Her last very good tournament won by her was nearly one year ago : Indian Wells. From there instead of building and upping step by step her game, she did nothing of that.. If she can't stand pundits criticizing her : I think the problem belongs to herself only. She ASAP need to gain on maturity, stop being a daddy's toy but anyway I'm repeating the same on and on about her... But there's no shame to say she was a very disappointing n°1 in the world.

Only herself to blame, not the pundits. I've an advice for you Caroline : learn back the basics of tennis and build a much more aggressive game, a game that will please the majority of the tennis fans, the pundits and journalists instead of staying all the time in your comfort zone. And for crying out loud : Fix your horrible Forehand and average serve game. Be more spectacular : maybe they will start to take yourself seriously. Having only the Backhand as very good weapon isn't enough to pretend going for Majors. Also she has to fix her movements that are most of the time unorthodox.

Excelscior
Feb 20th, 2012, 03:28 PM
Uh what Iīm saying is that we as fans (on someting as "irrelevant" as a message board) sometimes get upset over comments people make about tennis players we donīt even know personally, but when a player like Wozniacki gets attacked directly and publicly, they should just stand there and say: Thank You Martina for telling me Iīm a useless #1?

There is this thing called human nature.

You said stuff like a win over Stosur in a final is worth less, because Stosur has a horrible record in finals. Yeah ask Serena if that finals record of Stosur can buy her the 2011 USO title? If you think there is no difference between how Azarenka plays today or six weeks or six months ago, then for whatever reason you are a poor judge of her game.

You do realize, I have also defended Stosur many times, predicted she'd beat Serena, and also said that Serena avoided her in Cincinnati by dropping out etc.

I was just laying the stats for some of her fans that were so miffed over her playing so poorly.

Stop trying to read a few recent post by me, than trying to extrapolate my true feelings. Not good.

I was never upset with Stosur or dislike her in the least. I also didn't say Azarenka's win over her was cheap, cause she was a bad finals player. Are you joking?

As far as Azarenka, I was actually complimenting her many times. Cause I was basically saying, "she's been playing well all along since last year." To add "People just didn't notice. Cause if she didn't lose to Kvitova 4 times last year, she could of won 2-4 more titles".

As far as her game. That's been well documented by many, other than me, and it doesn't take away from her current success.

Good for her!

And I still can't believe many people here, that don't agree that Wozniaki should take the high road with this, and what it means about her current disposition, if she's willing to have public spats with greats like Martina Navratilova?

Shrugs.

TennisFan66
Feb 20th, 2012, 03:28 PM
Its reasonable, but there's no point even going there. You cant control what commentators say. Plus there's tennis writers and bloggers and tweeters and message boards.

While I agree with you, she should naturally not lose focus on tennis, I am rather chuffed she was so out-spoken. Why should Caroline go around and be apologetic? If it was sooooooooo easy to become WTA #1, logic would dictate there was a hell of lot more players than 8 ahead of her in the 'all-time longest period as #1' list.

Excelscior
Feb 20th, 2012, 03:32 PM

Wow!

I couldn't agree with you more, again.

Well said.

The issue is not whether or not Caro has a right to be upset/mad (though I know many of you do and don't). That's her business.

The real question is, should she be publicly going after the likes of Martina Navratilova and why?

She comes off as quite childish, especially with those Martina's era comparisons, where she was obviously throwing her shade.

I know it creates excitement here for some. But ultimately, it's not good. And those same commentators, will only go after her more, after criticizing one of their colleagues in Navratilova, and them on a whole. It's a vicious cycle (unless everybody keeps their mouth shut from now on).

Is this what Caro's true fans really want?

In her place, you shut up the critics, by winning majors!!

Chrissie-fan
Feb 20th, 2012, 03:40 PM
It doesn't help the player in the least bit to get into a potential war of words with a former players, especially a great one (and what does it say about their current psychic)?

I don't think it says anything about it at all. She was asked the question and she answered it, that's all. If anything it probably feels good that she got it of her chest. It's better to just this once say what she truly feels about them than to keep on smiling while they spit in her face. You wouldn't do that, I wouldn't do that, other players wouldn't do that, and she shouldn't be expected to do that either.

Mynarco
Feb 20th, 2012, 03:44 PM
Remind us about the reason you were banned from TF, your trip to Serbia, and then perhaps explain to us all why you are still ever present in her threads making derogatory commentary and cheap jibes.

You are still pressed about those comments. Oh boi :o
Feeling offended just because some users leave comments against your fave? Sue them then.

PetraReeMona
Feb 20th, 2012, 03:46 PM
Well said Caro :yeah:

To tell you the truth I don't blame her for feeling like this. There's no way they should have initially said what they said to her in the original interview. I know TV commentators like sensationalism/drama, but there's a time and place for it.

Martina is my all time favourite player, BUT I admit that she does have a big mouth and should really think about what she says. I remember that she got really upset when she first started out when commentators used to say she was too fat. Admittedly, she did do something about it and I only hope this spurs Caroline on to improve her game. Although I do find her game boring, she's a nice girl and I would like to see her win that elusive slam.

As for Carillo, well she's a nobody and a gossip monger and is very bitter that she never made it far in tennis.

Well said Caro :worship:

FoxyliciousKhat
Feb 20th, 2012, 03:48 PM
Hi Chrissie.

I don't think Hingis has anything against her. And even if Caro really felt that way (if this is accurate, and we're getting the true measure of it), why would she express that publicly? Martina is a young legend (and the same could be loosely said about John McEnroe, Tracy Austin, Martina Navratilova, etc.). Where's the respect?

I didn't see it. And this could be all to do about nothing. But I think she should focus more on her tennis game, then what former players say/feel about her.

It all appears a little childish, misplaced, unnecessary and vindictive to me. That's all I'm saying.

It is ironic that people want the players to act/be PROFESSIONALS, yet the Commentator et al, who work in a professional capacity are not held to the same thing.

I applaud Caro for this, and it's about time it was said. The commentators sit on their high-horses saying some of the most hurtful things, and then rag on players when they throw tantrums on the court. Some of the same Commentators should be the last to talk considering their playing past.

While it is okay to have your fave, and well all are entitled, when you step in the booth that bias should be checked at the door.

Foxy

PetraReeMona
Feb 20th, 2012, 03:49 PM

Oh the irony :lol:

You do exactly the same, except it's regarding posters and not players. :tape:

As the saying goes ...... "a camel never sees it's own hump" :)

Martian Jeza
Feb 20th, 2012, 03:49 PM
I don't think it says anything about it at all. She was asked the question and she answered it, that's all. If anything it probably feels good that she got it of her chest. It's better to just this once say what she truly feels about them than to keep on smiling while they spit in her face. You wouldn't do that, I wouldn't do that, other players wouldn't do that, and she shouldn't be expected to do that either.

Did she really think she would receive loads of praises about her reign at n°1 in the world ? Really... As I said to you in your native language : instead of proving them wrong, they only feed them more and more with her unacceptable performances as world n°1. And about her game, there are loads of things that has been said : Not good enough to win a major anytime soon. She still is young but she has to WAKE UP from her Slump that has started Spring 2011 and above all taking her job more seriously than what she does since months. And as I said to you, I'll NEVER be a Caro hater but I'm very disappointed in her : that's why I put her in Jail for sometimes : I want to see back the Wozniacki of the second part of 2010 and a bit of 2009.

doomsday
Feb 20th, 2012, 03:52 PM
No majors = No respect.:shrug:

Lovesunair
Feb 20th, 2012, 03:53 PM
what's the point to make such statements without mentioning concrete names?
does this girl want more attention??

C. Drone
Feb 20th, 2012, 03:59 PM
what's the point to make such statements without mentioning concrete names?
does this girl want more attention??

she did name Navratilova. And Hingis slightly. see Post #39.

Burisleif
Feb 20th, 2012, 04:04 PM
Oh the irony :lol:

You do exactly the same, except it's regarding posters and not players. :tape:

As the saying goes ...... "a camel never sees it's own hump" :)

Yes, I called out a poster that wished a player was stopped by being stabbed to death by Gunther Parche Mk2.

Your point was?

AliceMariaRenka
Feb 20th, 2012, 04:04 PM

Good for her. She's right.

The most shocking thing in this is that it says Navratilova is only 55. Is that all? My Grandma looks years younger than her and shes older!

Rest Maria!
Feb 20th, 2012, 04:10 PM
Agreed. Players like Sharapova and Azarenka when asked about their pain-inducing shrieking answer along the lines of "f*ck you all" and get applauded here for that, I think it should be not unreasonable to let other players speak their mind, Grand Slam champions or not.

That said, if there was a lot of hype about Wozniacki and her potential 2 years ago and she's not living up to that potential, I think she should probablyat least show the world she's trying to make drastic changes and improvements.

dsanders06
Feb 20th, 2012, 04:12 PM
:rolls:

Comments like this are part of the reason why she'll never be a champion. When people were writing off Serena in early 2007 and saying she was deluded for saying she had a chance of winning the Australian Open, she didn't just lash out at the media, she went out onto the court and proved them wrong.

The fact that Wozniacki has resorted to just whingeing shows that, in her heart, she knows she doesn't have the ability to prove them wrong and that they are in fact right when they say she should never have been #1 and that she doesn't have the game to be a dominant champion.

Burisleif
Feb 20th, 2012, 04:13 PM
You are still pressed about those comments. Oh boi :o
Feeling offended just because some users leave comments against your fave?

Perhaps if you laid off the hate posts and tweets directly to the player, I wouldn't be reminded of your post desiring that Caroline was stabbed to death?

Sylvester
Feb 20th, 2012, 04:14 PM
Navratilova: 59 Grand Slams, won all Grand Slams at least once in singles, doubles and mixed

Pushniacki: 0 Grand Slams

Pushniacki should wash her mouth with soap before talking about a legend like Navratilova. If she wants to shut up critics, play some offensive tennis and beat some talented opponents on Grand Slams, not play the offended virgin girl in the media...

Martian Jeza
Feb 20th, 2012, 04:15 PM
Yes, I called out a poster that wished a player was stopped by being stabbed to death by Gunther Parche Mk2.

Your point was?

Did you even watched that Gunther Parche stabbing btw ? Just wondering. Wonder how old you are but it's irrelevant, I guess.

Burisleif
Feb 20th, 2012, 04:24 PM
Did you even watched that Gunther Parche stabbing btw ? Just wondering. Wonder how old you are but it's irrelevant, I guess.

Yes I did Live. And no it's not irrelevant when the respect surrounding a sport, it's players and officials is degraded by fans, former players that were afforded that respect, current players, and or psychotic people who are over invested in a player that they have no personal connection to at all. It's highly relevant to the sport and it's position of respect in society, and to a society that would deem to find it acceptable.

With your history of anger management issues, I wouldn't expect you to comprehend that however.

PetraReeMona
Feb 20th, 2012, 04:26 PM

Your point was?

My point was..... see my original post :D

Excelscior
Feb 20th, 2012, 04:29 PM
Navratilova: 59 Grand Slams, won all Grand Slams at least once in singles, doubles and mixed

Pushniacki: 0 Grand Slams

Pushniacki should wash her mouth with soap before talking about a legend like Navratilova. If she wants to shut up critics, play some offensive tennis and beat some talented opponents on Grand Slams, not play the offended virgin girl in the media...

I'm still wondering why this method of thinking and D.Sanders Serena comeback comments above (as to how to respond to your critics), aren't how most of her fans feel.

You lash out on the court, not with/to the media!!

Alas. SMH

matty
Feb 20th, 2012, 04:31 PM
Why are people so tough on Woz. I cannot stand her pusher game, but she seems to be a pretty nice, down to earth person--why all the hate? Just because her dad is a control freak and her boyfriend isn't that hot, and she has areally ugly forehand--that's no reason to detest her.

Young 8
Feb 20th, 2012, 04:32 PM
Why are people so tough on Woz. I cannot stand her pusher game, but she seems to be a pretty nice, down to earth person--why all the hate? Just because her dad is a control freak and her boyfriend isn't that hot, and she has areally ugly forehand--that's no reason to detest her.

You forgot the annoying Turkish Airline Commercial

Break My Rapture
Feb 20th, 2012, 04:33 PM
Is she slamming Hingis/Navratilova or whatever? :confused:

Burisleif
Feb 20th, 2012, 04:34 PM
My point was..... see my original post :D

Your point was irrelevant if you think there is irony in calling out posters that that are here to continuously post vitriol, troll with false claims. or generally contribute little other than insults towards players and respectful fans.

Mynarco
Feb 20th, 2012, 04:35 PM
Perhaps if you laid off the hate posts and tweets directly to the player, I wouldn't be reminded of your post desiring that Caroline was stabbed to death?

FFS I told you a gazillion times I made a bad joke, I got banned and I made an apology. Whether you take it or not is your problem. Move on, Senor.

Chrissie-fan
Feb 20th, 2012, 04:40 PM
I'm still wondering why this method of thinking and D.Sanders Serena comeback comments above (as to how to respond to your critics), aren't how most of her fans feel.

You lash out on the court, not with/to the media!!

Alas. SMH
Please. Having respect for a player from the commentary booth shouldn't depend on how many slams she's won, it should be a matter of human decency. If they think they have the right to constantly have a go at a number one ranked player just because she hasn't won a slam I would hate to hear their commentary when the number 77 plays a qualifier.

Martian Jeza
Feb 20th, 2012, 04:41 PM
Yes I did Live. And no it's not irrelevant when the respect surrounding a sport, it's players and officials is degraded by fans, former players that were afforded that respect, current players, and or psychotic people who are over invested in a player that they have no personal connection to at all. It's highly relevant to the sport and it's position of respect in society, and to a society that would deem to find it acceptable.

With your history of anger management issues, I wouldn't expect you to comprehend that however.

No, I won't be able to understand it : I'm such an idiot for you ! I bloody know it. Of course, I'd go to a tennis tournament with a gun or a knife ! Are you bloody OUT of your mind ? I can control myself ! The matches I watched from her at WTA Brussels, I was very quiet and only was on observe mode : Didn't insult her, did nothing harmful to her ! I have no record at Hooliganism, rarely have been violent in my life towards people. I don't want to spend years behind bars.

Being angry is a normal emotion. Will you keep accepting unacceptable performances from her ? There were loads of them last season except at Indian Wells but don't talk me about New Haven and Copenhagen where she has no real serious opposition. I've been maybe sometimes too far with her in my comments : I recon it but that's how I am and I won't change the way I am just to please you.

What I know you dislike very emotive fans and you think you are one of the best Wozniacki fan : Give me a break, pls. Her records are talking AGAINST HER ! That you want it or not : I had all the rights of being very angry.

CloudAtlas
Feb 20th, 2012, 04:45 PM
Caro :hearts:

Love that she dropped the PR niceness and called those two out on their comments. There's a decorum to be expected from commentators and insulting her by stating that no-one considers her #1 is plain insulting. Yes they won Grand Slams at one point in their careers and Wozniacki hasn't but since when does that absolve them of being accused of inflammatory comments to keep themselves relevant? That's all they have these days anyway, aside from reality television and handing out trophies in Premier events. The truth just needs to be stated sometimes.

Oh and I'm laughing at people on here claiming she shouldn't lash out. Navratilova has heavily criticised the grunting and two well known grunters have indirectly lashed out in similar fashion yet they weren't measured by the same standards? Pffft , biased bitches to the left.

brickhousesupporter
Feb 20th, 2012, 04:46 PM
Caro needs to have thicker skin. If the WS listened to what the former players and critics said, they would never have achieved what they did. Use it to fuel your success.

tennisbum79
Feb 20th, 2012, 04:46 PM
That is NOT the point.

They have a different job now, they need to adhere to a minimum level of professionalism at work.

CloudAtlas
Feb 20th, 2012, 04:47 PM
Please. Having respect for a player from the commentary booth shouldn't depend on how many slams she's won, it should be a matter of human decency. If they think they have the right to constantly have a go at a number one ranked player just because she hasn't won a slam I would hate to hear their commentary when the number 77 plays a qualifier.

I want to good rep you on almost everything you post, seriously. You're a great example of a Caro fan on here :)

TennisFan66
Feb 20th, 2012, 04:48 PM

I didn't know about this poster. Wish I could say I was surprised though. That's the type of behaviour you get in an un-moderated internet forum.

TuxedoSlam
Feb 20th, 2012, 04:50 PM

This.

If you're a celeb dealing with the media on a daily basis, this is the only professional way to behave. In your mind you can say "I wanna set fire to your smelly granny knickers Martina", but to the press you smile and say "I love Martina and respect her."

dsanders06
Feb 20th, 2012, 04:51 PM

:facepalm: Don't be so pathetic. Not everyone lives in a world of flowers and rainbows where no-one is ever mean to eachother you know.

Firstly, you need to stop thinking that it's "disrespectful" to say a player who is #1 yet hasn't won any of the game's biggest prizes, isn't the real #1. No-one (not any of the commentators nor anyone on here) says Wozniacki is a bad player: she is clearly among the best in the world and would destroy you or I in a match. But she was never the best player in the world, and professional commentators who are paid to give their opinions are obviously going to point out the disconnect between the rankings and reality. When the world #77 plays a qualifier, they will obviously be respectful to both of them and would implicitly acknowledge they're very good players when compared to the average person who plays tennis in the park - but if one commentator asked the other "do you think [the world #77] would have a chance against Serena Williams at her best", do you really it would be "disrespectful" for the other player to reply "No"? :facepalm: That's not disrespectful, it's just being truthful.

If Wozniacki is so thin-skinned that she caves in and cries whenever the big old mean media dares say she isn't the unquestioned queen of the sport, then she's welcome to hand in her notice to the WTA and take up a job stacking shelves in a supermarket at any time, where she'd obviously get a lot less money and privileges but would be forever free of the media being "disrespectful" to her.

tennisbum79
Feb 20th, 2012, 04:52 PM
Caro needs to have thicker skin. If the WS listened to what the former players and critics said, they would never have achieved what they did. Use it to fuel your success.
I agree, but I think the criticisms have gone beyond the level professional behavior for a tennis announcer.

Posters on the board can indulge in those kinds below the belt hits, but NOT professional tennis commentators; because that is their new job now, they are no longer speaking as tennis players, but as journalist. They should remember that.

TennisFan66
Feb 20th, 2012, 04:53 PM
Caro :hearts:

Love that she dropped the PR niceness and called those two out on their comments. There's a decorum to be expected from commentators and insulting her by stating that no-one considers her #1 is plain insulting. Yes they won Grand Slams at one point in their careers and Wozniacki hasn't but since when does that absolve them of being accused of inflammatory comments to keep themselves relevant? That's all they have these days anyway, aside from reality television and handing out trophies in Premier events. The truth just needs to be stated sometimes.

Oh and I'm laughing at people on here claiming she shouldn't lash out. Navratilova has heavily criticised the grunting and two well known grunters have indirectly lashed out in similar fashion yet they weren't measured by the same standards? Pffft , biased bitches to the left.

Ha! Exactly. First the anti-Caroline brigade canonised Navratilova for her 'honest' opinion. When then Navratilova called out the cheating screamers, same posters called for Grand-ma-tilove to STFU. :lol:

Miracle Worker
Feb 20th, 2012, 04:57 PM
:scratch:

So, she only fully respects someone if this person says the things she wants to hear, right?

Novichok
Feb 20th, 2012, 04:59 PM

So, she only fully respects someone if this person says the things she wants to hear, right?

I don't think she said that. :rolleyes:

tennisbum79
Feb 20th, 2012, 05:01 PM

So, she only fully respects someone if this person say the things she wants to hear, right?
Wrong.

She is disappointed because they are crossing the line of acceptable professional behavior.
These are people, she once looked up to, so I think she is genuinely disappointed

young_gunner913
Feb 20th, 2012, 05:02 PM
Caro should just bang Kvitova. That's the easiest way to piss Martina Nav off to no end.

PetraReeMona
Feb 20th, 2012, 05:03 PM

No, I don't think that was her point. I personally think she was quite upset that they humiliated her on TV in front of millions of viewers.... and to be honest, I don't blame her.

Miracle Worker
Feb 20th, 2012, 05:05 PM
Wrong.

She is disappointed because they are crossing the line of acceptable professional behavior.
These are people, she once looked up to, so I think she is genuinely disappointed

She didn't say she's disappointed. She said she lost respect.

And because these are people, she once looked up to she should start thinking about their opinions. If they are her idols, she should consider that they have right.

C. Drone
Feb 20th, 2012, 05:05 PM
people giving so many great advice for free here. :worship: talking from your A-list celebrity or pro-athlete life experience?

Novichok
Feb 20th, 2012, 05:07 PM

And because these are people, she once looked up to she should start thinking about their opinions. If they are her idols, she should consider that they have right.

No she shouldn't. She's very justified in losing respect for Navratilova.

TuxedoSlam
people giving so many great advice for free here. :worship: talking from your A-list celebrity or pro-athlete life experience?

From my experience as a journalist and PR manager. You?

LoveMeansZero
The media, including former players who are currently commentators, are almost unanimous in their criticism of Wozniacki's game, how undeserving it is of the world's number one player. Now, why would that be, unless there was reason to? Wozniacki is a nice looking girl, with a nice personality, not the kind to be prejudiced against...

So instead of "losing some respect" for anyone, she should realize that it's not a plot against her and concentrate on improving her game.

Jimmie48
Feb 20th, 2012, 05:09 PM

Everyone's a journalist nowadays ;)

Novichok
Feb 20th, 2012, 05:10 PM
The media, including former players who are currently commentators, are almost unanimous in their criticism of Wozniacki's game, how undeserving it is of the world's number one player. Now, why would that be, unless there was reason to? Wozniacki is a nice looking girl, with a nice personality, not the kind to be prejudiced against...

So instead of "losing some respect" for anyone, she should realize that it's not a plot against her and concentrate on improving her game.

She can do that while still losing respect for someone.

FoxyliciousKhat
Feb 20th, 2012, 05:13 PM

I would agree with this if, they were asked direct questions about why they didn't deserve certain things. IMHO it's totally different in that they were never so blatantly told they were useless and undeserving.

I was never a fan of Dinara and I'm not fan of JJ, but while they were #1, I saw no need to knocking them as it's not their fault the system is the way it is. And hell they did not just walked into the positions, they earned it. It might not be via slams but they earned it.

And Caro only answered a question that was asked of her. I personally think players need to cut the politically correct responses, as long as they are not overly RUDE, and be more honest.

Foxy

tennisbum79

She does not have to list the sequence of emotion and feeling she went through before settling on loss of respect.
You can read between the lines

Remember, just few shorts months ago, there was talk of Martina N. coaching her.
I am sure she has great deal of respect and admiration for Martina N. as a person and what she has accomplished.

C. Drone

I wasnt giving any advice. :) Iīve said she cant win this battle against media. The hostile comments here just confirms this. The response for this from media, the negativity against her will be always louder.

s teddy
Feb 20th, 2012, 05:15 PM
Wozniacki would be overreacting if the commentators had only criticized her game. Analyzing players' games is what commentators do.

However, Navratilova went far beyond that. She basically insulted Wozniacki on worldwide television, with her sole reason being that she thought Wozniacki was ranked too high (something that was almost completely beyond Wozniacki's control). I think Wozniacki is completely justified in her comments.

Stonerpova
Feb 20th, 2012, 05:16 PM
I thought that Wozniacki losing the #1 ranking would result in less threads about her. Wishful thinking on my part I guess.

LoveMeansZero
Feb 20th, 2012, 05:18 PM

I don't think that the problem was just because she hasn't won a slam: It was much more than that. She didn't have the game to be number one player in the world. She had the title but everyone knew that she wasn't really the best in the world.

Martian Jeza
Feb 20th, 2012, 05:18 PM
I wasnt giving any advice. :) Iīve said she cant win this battle against media. The hostile comments here just confirms this. The response for this from media, the negativity against her will be always louder.

'till she gets a much better game and prove she can be with the years a very serious contender at Majors and winning tournaments outside slams that have much more meaning than Copenhagen and New Haven ! There the critics and the "humiliation" will calm down. That's the only way to shut them up for a while but does she understand that ? Huge question mark there. The only way to slow down all of this : Performing on the courts : There's no other way Out ! And also starting getting wins against the big guns of the tour.

Novichok
Feb 20th, 2012, 05:20 PM
I don't think that the problem was just because she hasn't won a slam: It was much more than that. She didn't have the game to be number one player in the world. She had the title but everyone knew that she wasn't really the best in the world.

Wrong and wrong. She had the game to be #1 and she was the best player in the world.

BuTtErFrEnA
Feb 20th, 2012, 05:22 PM
I thought that Wozniacki losing the #1 ranking would result in less threads about her. Wishful thinking on my part I guess.

she can't help it if, even now that she's not #1 and not bringing shame and damnation to the WTA, they're still talking about her :awww:

Excelscior
Feb 20th, 2012, 05:25 PM
Wozniacki would be overreacting if the commentators had only criticized her game. Analyzing players' games is what commentators do.

However, Navratilova went far beyond that. [She basically insulted Wozniacki on worldwide television, with her sole reason being that she thought Wozniacki was ranked too high. I think Wozniacki is completely justified in her comments.

If this is what so many of her fans are tied up in a knot in?

Martina basically said what plenty of other "commentators" have said numerous times. I saw when she said that.

Rankings are the outcomes of matches and tournaments, and she gave her opinion who she thought deserved to be #1 ranked (taking out all bias I may be perceived to have for the player in comparison).

She wasn't embarrassing Caroline. That more like giving a strong opinion (based off of ample justification).

And just so you know; I was never one to say Caro didn't deserve it (# 1). The system is what it is. Kudos to her last year for achieving it!

I would of rather had Kvitova's titles instead. But people like Martina and others, were still going to express their opinion about the number one ranking anyway.

You can't do anything about that. Shrugs. It comes with the territory, fame and big bucks. You just got to toughen up.

Burisleif
Feb 20th, 2012, 05:26 PM
'till she gets a much better game and prove she can be with the years a very serious contender at Majors and winning tournaments outside slams that have much more meaning than Copenhagen and New Haven ! There the critics and the "humiliation" will calm down. That's the only way to shut them up for a while but does she understand that ? Huge question mark there. The only way to slow down all of this : Performing on the courts : There's no other way Out ! And also starting getting wins against the big guns of the tour.

Right because you earn 10,000 ranking points winning copenhagen...

There is hyperbole and then there is bitter people living through other peoples achievements. Perhaps a perspective of reality would allow the realisation between professionalism and fan bitterness regarding your pick not meeting expectations.

brickhousesupporter
Feb 20th, 2012, 05:26 PM
Wrong and wrong. She had the game to be #1 and she was the best player in the world.
When was that?.....

Novichok
Feb 20th, 2012, 05:27 PM
When was that?.....

Her entire tenure as #1.

dsanders06
Feb 20th, 2012, 05:28 PM
Just wondering: seeing as the Woztards think it's "disrespectful" to say anything vaguely critical of anyone, wouldn't it actually be "disrespectful" to all the other players if commentators said Wozniacki was the best player in the world, because they'd be saying they're not as good as Wozniacki? Or is it only disrespectful when it's a criticism of Wozniacki?

Novichok
Feb 20th, 2012, 05:29 PM
I was never one to say Caro didn't deserve it.

Liar!!!:rolleyes:

Break My Rapture
Feb 20th, 2012, 05:30 PM
Caro should just bang Kvitova. That's the easiest way to piss Martina Nav off to no end.
:sobbing:

Novichok
Feb 20th, 2012, 05:31 PM
Just wondering: seeing as the Woztards think it's "disrespectful" to say anything vaguely critical of anyone, wouldn't it actually be "disrespectful" to all the other players if commentators said Wozniacki was the best player in the world, because they'd be saying they're not as good as Wozniacki? Or is it only disrespectful when it's a criticism of Wozniacki?

It was disrespectful because Navratilova diminished Caroline's achievements so your questions aren't really relevant.

brickhousesupporter
Feb 20th, 2012, 05:32 PM
Her entire tenure as #1.
oh you one of those.....:lol::lol::lol: Just because you have the number 1 album in the world, doesn't mean you are the best singer in the world.

Martian Jeza
Feb 20th, 2012, 05:33 PM
Right because you earn 10,000 ranking points winning copenhagen...

There is hyperbole and then there is bitter people living through other peoples achievements. Perhaps a perspective of reality would allow the realisation between professionalism and fan bitterness regarding your pick not meeting expectations.

Pls. She has not reached a Final of a major since 2009. Her April-End October 2011 campaign except her SF at the US Open was very bellow par for a world n°1. She didn't meet the expectation you would ask for someone who tops the ranking. She even could lose her n°1 in the world sport earlier than January of this year and wouldn't have ended 2011 as n°1. She finished YE n°1 ranking thx to some hundred or a bit more points. And Before the YEC, she couldn't defend a single of the trophy she won during the second part of 2010 : She lost all of them. Me bitter ? When you are world n°1 : that's pretty normal expectation are very high ! But she failed to meet them ! That's why I was so angry and pissed off at her. But you failed to understand it. Records and results are not talking in your favor chap.

jameshazza
Feb 20th, 2012, 05:33 PM
And so many have lost respect for tennis due to your flop at the top.

Novichok
Feb 20th, 2012, 05:35 PM
oh you one of those.....:lol::lol::lol: Just because you have the number 1 album in the world, doesn't mean you are the best singer in the world.

That analogy fails because record sales aren't used as a metric to determine "bestness" in the same way that the WTA ranking system is used to define "bestness."

Burisleif
Feb 20th, 2012, 05:36 PM
Pls. She has not reached a Final of a major since 2009. Her April-End October 2011 campaign except her SF at the US Open was very bellow par for a world n°1. She didn't meet the expectation you would ask for someone who tops the ranking. She even could lose her n°1 in the world sport earlier than January of this year and wouldn't have ended 2011 as n°1. She finished YE n°1 ranking thx to some hundred or a bit more points. And Before the YEC, she couldn't defend a single of the trophy she won during the second part of 2010 : She lost all of them. Me bitter ? When you are world n°1 : that's pretty normal expectation are very high ! But she failed to meet them ! That's why I was so angry and pissed off at her. But you failed to understand it. Records and results are not talking in your favor chap.

Nothing here to balance the previous post you made. Please don't try and pretend you are in any way being objective.

dsanders06
Feb 20th, 2012, 05:38 PM
It was disrespectful because Navratilova diminished Caroline's achievements so your questions aren't really relevant.

No, she didn't diminish her achievements, she didn't say Wozniacki didn't deserve to win any of the individual titles that she's won - she simply said she was never the best player in the world. So if that's being disrespectful, just because she was saying something mean about her, wouldn't it also be disrespectful to say Kvitova wasn't the best player in the world last year?

jameshazza
Feb 20th, 2012, 05:39 PM
So because you say Woz was a flop at the top, which even the staunchest Woztards would have to agree to, and as every slam went by it became more embarrassing. You point out that people lost respect for the game, and you get bad reps :lol: :lol: :lol:

Classic TF

Excelscior
Feb 20th, 2012, 05:39 PM
she can't help it if, even now that she's not #1 and not bringing shame and damnation to the WTA, they're still talking about her :awww:

Wait a minute.

Was it Tennis Fan Posters, that made up a thread/scenario where Caro attacked former great players/idols, where she said she "don't respect them", or was it Caro herself that miraculously did it????

You don't think that's thread response-worthy?

If not; how often do recent #1 ranked players go after former greats/legends and current commentators?

I think it's actually Caro, her team and Da Caro Brigade here, that strive to keep her relevant, actually (post # 1).

Burisleif
Feb 20th, 2012, 05:40 PM
So because you say Woz was a flop at the top, which even the staunchest Woztards would have to agree to, and as every slam went by it became more embarrassing. You point out that people lost respect for the game, and you get bad reps :lol: :lol: :lol:

Classic TF

You get bad reps for posting off topic one line insults.

Jimmie48
Feb 20th, 2012, 05:41 PM
So because you say Woz was a flop at the top, which even the staunchest Woztards would have to agree to, and as every slam went by it became more embarrassing.

Nobody would agree to that, the only thing she didn't do was win a GS. She won countless of tourneys and she is a great ambassador for Tennis...which is a huge part of being #1.

Novichok
Feb 20th, 2012, 05:41 PM
No, she didn't diminish her achievements, she didn't say Wozniacki didn't deserve to win any of the individual titles that she's won - she simply said she was never the best player in the world. So if that's being disrespectful, just because she was saying something mean about her, wouldn't it also be disrespectful to say Kvitova wasn't the best player in the world last year?

I see "best player in the world" as being synonymous with "#1 player in the world" so I do believe that Nav was diminishing her achievements.

jameshazza
Feb 20th, 2012, 05:43 PM
How is it off topic? Where is the hard hitting concrete statements Woz made? What even is the topic of this thread... Is it not relevant to point out that these people had to cope with her embarrassing ''reign'' at the top, where she was used all the time to demean female commentators and ridicule the WTA. I'm sure they lost respect for her.

hablo
Feb 20th, 2012, 05:43 PM

I hope not because Wozzi would be part of the "no-one was playing" pack. :tape:

Wozniacki has to realize that all the no-slams #1 were all criticized. :shrug:

The WTA wouldn't even put Momo on their page as #1 at first; they tried not to acknowledge her right away. In some ways, Caro's had it easier (perhaps because of her "acceptable" looks) ... what has worked against Wozzi is that she was #1 for two years... perhaps way too long for someone who wasn't even making slam finals on a regular basis! :help::o

backhandsmash
Feb 20th, 2012, 05:45 PM

Come on to the light side! You know you want to!

Martian Jeza
Feb 20th, 2012, 05:46 PM
Nothing here to balance the previous post you made. Please don't try and pretend you are in any way being objective.

If I can't convince you with the results and records : you are the problem, chap ! There's a difference between you and me, you can't face the truth, I can ! Up to you now but if you want to keep thinking everything Caroline Wozniacki has done so far is worth loads of praises and that there's nothing wrong with her : well that's your problem again, not mine.

brickhousesupporter
Feb 20th, 2012, 05:47 PM
That analogy fails because record sales aren't used as a metric to determine "bestness" in the same way that the WTA ranking system is used to define "bestness."
I wasn't being serious about the analogy but if you want to think that go ahead. Woz was never the best player and her performance throughout her tenure as number 1 never justified it.

Whenever she met the better players she lost. In case you were wondering, those players are Justine, Kim and Serena.

You will never hear me say that she was not the number 1 player in the world.....she was just never the best.

Burisleif
Feb 20th, 2012, 05:47 PM
How is it off topic? Where is the hard hitting concrete statements Woz made? What even is the topic of this thread... Is it not relevant to point out that these people had to cope with her embarrassing ''reign'' at the top, where she was used all the time to demean female commentators and ridicule the WTA. I'm sure they lost respect for her.

If you had read the thread instead of just trolling you would know the answer. She was perfectly civil in explaining her reasoning and answer to the question that was posed.

jameshazza
Feb 20th, 2012, 05:49 PM
If you had read the thread instead of just trolling you would know the answer. She was perfectly civil in explaining her reasoning and answer to the question that was posed.

She said nothing other than vague statements. Please bitch, honesty ain't trolling I know you must get it hard being a Woz fan but there really is no need to be such an unreasonable stan.

Chrissie-fan
Feb 20th, 2012, 05:50 PM
Yep - they had that part covered, but they weren't quite so forthcoming in telling who who was the best player instead of Wozniacki and who they wanted up there instead. Serena Williams may have been the best player in the opinion of almost everyone, but she didn't play, so she obviously couldn't be number one. Second best player? (Arguably) Clijsters, but she was a part-timer. Who should have been number one then? Sharapova? Zvonareva? I bet she would have been a popular number one around here. The at the time still slamless Azarenka? Li, Kvitova or Stosur who couldn't hit a ball between the lines for months following their slam wins?.......Who? Everyone's answer to that would have been a different one until at least october of last year and any of those players being ranked number one before that would have been just as controversial - and in some cases more controversial than having Woz up there.

Super Dave
Feb 20th, 2012, 05:50 PM
http://www.gifanatics.com/files/family_guy_thread.gif

Novichok
Feb 20th, 2012, 05:51 PM
I wasn't being serious about the analogy but if you want to think that go ahead. Woz was never the best player and her performance throughout her tenure as number 1 never justified it.

Whenever she met the better players she lost. In case you were wondering, those players are Justine, Kim and Serena.

Well it's good that you weren't serious about it because it was obviously weak. Being #1 doesn't necessarily imply that you don't lose to other players or that you'll have positive H2H against them. Federer was #1 from 2004-2008 but look at his H2H against Nadal. Would you be confident in saying that Nadal was the better player during that period?

jameshazza
Feb 20th, 2012, 05:53 PM
Yep - they had that part covered, but they weren't quite so forthcoming in telling who who was the best player instead of Wozniacki and who they wanted up there instead. Serena Williams may have been the best player in the opinion of almost everyone, but she didn't play, so she obviously couldn't be number one. Second best player? (Arguably) Clijsters, but she was a part-timer. Who should have been number one then? Sharapova? Zvonareva? I bet she would have been a popular number one around here. The at the time still slamless Azarenka? Li, Kvitova or Stosur who couldn't hit a ball between the lines for months following their slam wins?.......Who? Everyone's answer to that would have been a different one until at least october of last year and any of those players being ranked number one before that would have been just as controversial - and in some cases more controversial than having Woz up there.

It wasn't really about who is the real number 1, just that she wasn't. Any 30 odd ranked opponent with a booming groundstroke on one side could easily overcome her. Look at Vika, she isn't the most popular player here and even less so in the real tennis community but she has a slam and is currently undefeated so you can easily argue that right now she is the best in the world.

BuTtErFrEnA
Feb 20th, 2012, 05:53 PM
Wait a minute.

Was it Tennis Fan Posters, that made up a thread/scenario where Caro attacked former great players/idols, where she said she "don't respect them", or was it Caro herself that miraculously did it????

You don't think that's thread response-worthy?

If not; how often do recent #1 ranked players go after former greats/legends and current commentators?

I think it's actually Caro, her team and Da Caro Brigade here, that strive to keep her relevant, actually (post # 1).

how are her fans trying to keep her relevant when she's still top 10 and generating headlines...and you STILL can't help but respond :awww: talk about irrelevant!!!!111!

Novichok
Feb 20th, 2012, 05:56 PM
It wasn't really about who is the real number 1, just that she wasn't. Any 30 odd ranked opponent with a booming groundstroke on one side could easily overcome her. Look at Vika, she isn't the most popular player here and even less so in the real tennis community but she has a slam and is currently undefeated so you can easily argue that right now she is the best in the world.

You could easily argue that Caro was the best player in the world during her tenure as #1 too.

TennisFan66
Feb 20th, 2012, 05:57 PM

and you honestly think that is a good analogy? PS who decides a subjective matter as to the 'best' singer?

Burisleif
Feb 20th, 2012, 05:59 PM
If I can't convince you with the results and records : you are the problem, chap ! There's a difference between you and me, you can't face the truth, I can ! Up to you now but if you want to keep thinking everything Caroline Wozniacki has done so far is worth loads of praises and that there's nothing wrong with her : well that's your problem again, not mine.

The difference between you and I is that i don't need to post hyperbole to try and justify a poor point and or previous offensive outbursts.

She rose to number one by wining matches and tittles, and she reinforced her position by earning 10,000 points. However still faced criticism from professional pundits based primarily on game style and sensationalist ideas about a ranking system that doesn't automatically make you number 1 because you win a slam. All this despite the fact that her results and game were steadily improving.

The truth remains that she didn't become number one by just winning Copenhagen and New haven, as you suggested. Truth/lie see the difference?

brickhousesupporter
Feb 20th, 2012, 05:59 PM
Well it's good that you weren't serious about it because it was obviously weak. Being #1 doesn't necessarily imply that you don't lose to other players or that you'll have positive H2H against them. Federer was #1 from 2004-2008 but look at his H2H against Nadal. Would you be confident in saying that Nadal was the better player during that period?
I agree with the bolded part.......but being the best player however does imply that you should be winning most of your matches against top players. During that period of time, Fed had wins against Nadal.....when did Wozniacki ever......?

brickhousesupporter
Feb 20th, 2012, 06:00 PM
and you honestly think that is a good analogy? PS who decides a subjective matter as to the 'best' singer?

Please see the above post...I was just going for the snark.

hablo
Feb 20th, 2012, 06:00 PM
:bowdown:

Ditto. :help:
Her entire tenure as #1.
That's funny. :tape:

You are not objective either.

Apoleb
Feb 20th, 2012, 06:01 PM
wow, Wozniacki really went in there. :lol:

She basically said that Navratilova was number 1 when no one was playing. I'd like to say that no one gives a shit about her anymore, but this is too saucy. :oh:

CloudAtlas
Feb 20th, 2012, 06:01 PM

Yeah because the entire thing was her fault, and the general suckiness of the WTA was not down to the players ranked directly below Caroline putting in performances not any less embarrassing than the girl herself. Yet they seemed to have received no criticism, highlighting that it's just personal bias after all.

Smitten
Feb 20th, 2012, 06:02 PM
Poor Borz getting it from all sides both on and off the court. Hopefully her new FH can silence everyone in Paris, then in London, then in New York.

She will celebrate the decade anniversary of the Serena Slam by doing the Borz Slam.

Martian Jeza
Feb 20th, 2012, 06:03 PM
The difference between you and I is that i don't need to post hyperbole to try and justify a poor point and or previous offensive outbursts.

She rose to number one by wining matches and tittles, and she reinforced her position by earning 10,000 points. However still faced criticism from professional pundits based primarily on game style and sensationalist ideas about a ranking system that doesn't automatically make you number 1 because you win a slam. All this despite the fact that her results and game were steadily improving.

The truth remains that she didn't become number one by just winning Copenhagen and New haven, as you suggested. Truth/lie see the difference?

You completely missed the point, wise guy ! I said you strip her Copenhagen and New Haven points : She wouldn't even have finished last season as YE n°1. : Petra deserved it more than Caroline. No, I'm not lying and I don't want to believe in fables like you do.

Novichok
Feb 20th, 2012, 06:04 PM
I agree with the bolded part.......but being the best player however does imply that you should be winning most of your matches against top players. During that period of time, Fed had wins against Nadal.....when did Wozniacki ever......?

During that period, she only played Clijsters twice. Once when she first got to #1 and the other in the match where she lost #1. She only played Serena once as #1.

Lysias
Feb 20th, 2012, 06:05 PM
Even her idol Martina Hingis criticized her game and I think if I good understand : she also has lost respect with Martina Hingis...
Yes, this is just what I really don't understand: Why does Wozniacki slam Hingis as well? From the interview, you can see that she apparently couldn't tolerate either Martina's remarks:

When Wozniacki was asked if she had lost respect as a result of some of the remarks made about her on television, she reacted immediately.

"I think I have to be honest, lost a little bit of respect. Because I respect what they have achieved," she said, referring to players of a previous era who are now commentators.

"She [Navratilova] was unbelievable. She won so many Grand Slams, her touch was unbelievable. Martina Hingis was unbelievable as well - for me my favourite player.

"But I think they should respect players that are playing now as well. Because they know how hard it is.

But what did Hingis say about her? The most recent remarks could be found in an article on 2012 AO Official site (written after Wozniacki's loss), in which Hingis discussed how to handle the big hitters: http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/news/articles/2012-01-25/201201251327459086432.html

And Hingis's advice for Caroline Wozniacki? Step up.

"Today you just can't let yourself get pushed back. That's what she has to do. She has to try to move in, step forward, otherwise there is always going to be somebody coming on top of her at a Grand Slam.

"She's a great player. I wish I would see her come in a little bit more … But you just can't let yourself push back today, not against [Maria] Sharapova, [Kim] Clijsters, Serena [Williams], not somebody like that."
Is there anything disrespectful in the comments above? No. Hingis kindly gave advises and praise to Wozniacki.
And then Wozniacki lost respect for her, because of what? Martina's advises and praise? Isn't there something insane in Caro's attitude towards Martina?

Seriously, Wozniacki should say sorry to Hingis. Martina did nothing wrong to Caroline.

http://www.australianopen.com/images/pics/large/b_hingis_10_01.jpg

Excelscior
Feb 20th, 2012, 06:05 PM

In fairness to Wozniaki, she was very consistent in 2010, 1st 4 mos of 2011.

She was obviously number one, to end the year for two years in a row.

She also won 18 Career titles, and was number one for 60 weeks, etc. She also made one slam final in 2009 (albeit when she was not number one), and at least 3 slam semifinals, that I can remember. And she should be applauded for all that. Absolutely!

I'm sure her fans can cite many more statistics than that. Those are her good attributes to highlight. And she has several of them, indeed.

Unfortunately she's also criticized for her basic game, tennis being perceived in a transition period/part time players during her #1 reign, and some bad losses she suffered in slams. As stated, she also received criticism for making no slam finals during her #1 tenure, as well as having a poor top 10 head to head record (amongst other things) against other slam winners.

Unfortunately for her the later paragraph is what sticks with most fans, reporters and tennis historians, than the preceding paragraph (and annoys her stans to high heaven).

She could always reclaim it and/or win some majors, to shut them up and please herself? Stay tuned.

Smitten
Feb 20th, 2012, 06:07 PM
In fairness to Wozniaki, she was very consistent in 2010, 1st 4 mos of 2011.

She was obviously number one, to end the year for two years in a row.

She also won 18 Career titles, and was number one for 60 weeks, etc. She also made one slam final in 2009 (albeit when she was not number one), and at least 3 slam semifinals, that I can remember.

I'm sure her fans can cite many more statistics than that. Those are her good attributes to highlight. And she should be applauded for them.

Unfortunately she's criticized for her basic game, tennis being perceived in a transition period/part time players during her #1 reign, and some bad slam losses she suffered in slams. As stated, she also received criticism for making no slam finals during her #1 tenure, as well as having a poor top 10 head to head record (amongst other things) against other slam winners.

Unfortunately for her the later paragraph is what sticks with most fans, reporters and tennis historians, than the preceding paragraph (and annoys her stans to high heaven).

She could always reclaim it and/or win some majors, to shut them up and please herself.

No one cares. Even Hantuchova and Chakvetadze have reached slam SFs.

TennisFan66
Feb 20th, 2012, 06:08 PM
You completely missed the point, wise guy ! I said you strip her Copenhagen and New Haven points : She wouldn't even have finished last season as YE n°1. : Petra deserved it more than Caroline. No, I'm not lying and I don't want to believe in fables like you do.

If we strip Caroline of Copenhagen, can we then equally strip Petra of Linz? #statusquo

MaBaker
Feb 20th, 2012, 06:10 PM
http://i42.tinypic.com/10xy6gw.jpg

postalblowfish
Feb 20th, 2012, 06:12 PM
http://www.gifanatics.com/files/family_guy_thread.gif

Mate, if you hadn't posted that I might not have remembered to do your quiz today.

Matt01
Feb 20th, 2012, 06:13 PM

:weirdo:

Super Dave
Feb 20th, 2012, 06:14 PM
Mate, if you hadn't posted that I might not have remembered to do your quiz today.

Hmm. I'll have to remember to bump my TWIT thread daily. ;)

Burisleif

Really, thats what you said was it?

'till she gets a much better game and prove she can be with the years a very serious contender at Majors and winning tournaments outside slams that have much more meaning than Copenhagen and New Haven ! There the critics and the "humiliation" will calm down... ...

I think the point is made.

backhandsmash
Who the fuck cares? Marat is on Twitter! My inner gay person is really trying to come out now.

Chrissie-fan
Feb 20th, 2012, 06:16 PM
Yep, but when they argue that someone isn't "the real #1", the logical next question would be, "well, who is?" don't you think. And if everyone gives a different answer to that one what's there left to do but shrug one's shoulders and think, :scratch: "ok, whatever."

And yes, Azarenka is clearly the best player in the world right now. She and/or Kvitova. They both have seperated themselves from the rest of the field and are the two best players with Sharapova as the clear number three while Wozniacki is struggling. Has nothing to do with who's popular here or who isn't. That's just reality.

Martian Jeza
Feb 20th, 2012, 06:16 PM
If we strip Caroline of Copenhagen, can we then equally strip Petra of Linz? #statusquo

Despite her very bad US Open : Petra Kvitova was much more impressive than Caroline Wozniacki during last season and if you deny that... :shrug: I'm not a fan at all of Kvitova but at the end of the season I acknowledged what she did and for me she was overall better than Caroline Wozniacki. No one can discuss about that ! Wimbledon winner 2011 and YEC winner + some other titles like Madrid, Linz and maybe some more I forgot.

theFutureisNow
Feb 20th, 2012, 06:17 PM

If players were forced to count all their tier 1 results then Petra would have finished #1.

It is only the WTA's bad rules that allow a disproportionate rating of tier 2s that allowed Caro to be #1 last year.

postalblowfish
Who the fuck cares? Marat is on Twitter! My inner gay person is really trying to come out now.

If you were going to come out anywhere, TF would be a good place.

Plenty of available action, I have been advised.

Novichok
Despite her very bad US Open : Petra Kvitova was much more impressive than Caroline Wozniacki during last season and if you deny that... :shrug: I'm not a fan at all of Kvitova but at the end of the season I acknowledged what she did and for me she was overall better tan Caroline Wozniacki. No one can discuss about that ! Wimbledon winner 2011 and YEC winner + some other titles like Madrid, Linz and maybe some more I forgot.

That's your opinion. :lol:

backhandsmash
Feb 20th, 2012, 06:21 PM
If you were going to come out anywhere, TF would be a good place.

Plenty of available action, I have been advised.

Yeah, but none of Marat's exquisite caliber yet.

postalblowfish
Feb 20th, 2012, 06:25 PM
Yeah, but none of Marat's exquisite caliber yet.

I dunno. My experience with that sorta thing is pretty limited.

I did get hit on by a gay guy at Bretonside bus station once. That was vaguely fun. Also on a night out I once asked a guy 'so, what do you do?', by which I meant vocationally and I think he thought I meant sexually.

madmax
Feb 20th, 2012, 06:25 PM
Yep, but when they argue that someone isn't "the real #1", the logical next question would be, "well, who is?" don't you think. And if everyone gives a different answer to that one what's there left to do but shrug one's shoulders and think, :scratch: "ok, whatever."

And yes, Azarenka is clearly the best player in the world right now. She and/or Kvitova. They both have seperated themselves from the rest of the field and are the two best players with Sharapova as the clear number three while Wozniacki is struggling. Has nothing to do with who's popular here or who isn't. That's just reality.

I think you need to check the rankings and recent results to see that Maria is #2 in the world and was featuring in the last slam final, not Kvitova...not like it matters anyway, but Kvitty needs to start performing on hardcourts in order to reach Vika's and Maria's level

PetraReeMona
Feb 20th, 2012, 06:26 PM
You could easily argue that Caro was the best player in the world during her tenure as #1 too.

Warped and completely delusional, but I admire your loyalty..... I really do!

You can, but not many tennis fans/professional commentators would agree with you.... apart from Wozniacki fans.

She didn't reach a slam final, she never won the YEC, so no, she wasn't the best player in the world. :wavey:

backhandsmash
Feb 20th, 2012, 06:27 PM
Let's continue in the Woz forum, Fish.

Mrs. Peel
Feb 20th, 2012, 06:28 PM
She needs to STFU and stop being a cry baby. She never should have responded for now she looks like a thin-skinned spoiled brat. You are in the big leagues, hunty. These people don't care if she has lost respect for them. :rolleyes: They are already laughing at her and her responding makes her look even more silly. Other players have had far worse said about them in the media. WAY worse and 10 times more vicious.

She needs to admit that she has a limited game, then go improve it and then show her naysayers that she is better than they think. The best way to respond is with your racquet.

Novichok
Feb 20th, 2012, 06:30 PM
Warped and completely delusional, but I admire your loyalty..... I really do!

You can, but not many tennis fans/professional commentators would agree with you.... apart from Wozniacki fans.

She didn't reach a slam final, she never won the YEC, so no, she wasn't the best player in the world. :wavey:

If 99% of the world told me that a 4-sided figure can be a triangle, it doesn't mean that they're right and I'm wrong. :wavey:

C. Drone
Feb 20th, 2012, 06:30 PM

until he starts posting pics, i dont care. Right now I think Boris is funnier. Unintentionally.

PetraReeMona
Feb 20th, 2012, 06:32 PM

:yeah:

I don't know why you are arguing with that machine poster -you are wasting your time. I completely understand where you are coming from though.

TennisFan66
Feb 20th, 2012, 06:34 PM
Despite her very bad US Open : Petra Kvitova was much more impressive than Caroline Wozniacki during last season and if you deny that... :shrug: I'm not a fan at all of Kvitova but at the end of the season I acknowledged what she did and for me she was overall better than Caroline Wozniacki. No one can discuss about that ! Wimbledon winner 2011 and YEC winner + some other titles like Madrid, Linz and maybe some more I forgot.

My point being, you cannot arbitrarily count one players points and then ignore another for same performance. The ranking is what it is. It is well know (or hopefully should be) to both fans and players.

If one player is more 'impressive' to you than another, but not winning most points, it's just tough (for you!). I am finding Barcelona much more impressive than Real Madrid, I'm just struggeling to get my point across to the Real camp. Especially, when I suggested they should be stripped of some of their points from won games.

If players were forced to count all their tier 1 results then Petra would have finished #1.

It is only the WTA's bad rules that allow a disproportionate rating of tier 2s that allowed Caro to be #1 last year.

Look. I heard it all before. People like you will make up any type of ranking, to suit your purpose. If A doesn't work, then you try B, C and D etc ..

If Kvitova wants to be WTA #1, she should study and learn to understand how the ranking works. And so should her fans.

Finally, just a PS. Right now, Azaranka is the best player in the world seen over the last 52 weeks. That's what you can read from the ranking.

Chrissie-fan
Feb 20th, 2012, 06:35 PM
I think you need to check the rankings and recent results to see that Maria is #2 in the world and was featuring in the last slam final, not Kvitova...not like it matters anyway, but Kvitty needs to start performing on hardcourts in order to reach Vika's and Maria's level
Yes, in terms of the ranking list, but I was talking in terms of who's "the best." But I have no problem with Sharapova. In fact, I rooted for her to win the AO once Woz and Li were out.

PetraReeMona
Feb 20th, 2012, 06:36 PM

Course, but Petra will still have Wimbledon, Madrid and YEC :)

dsanders06
Feb 20th, 2012, 06:36 PM
My point being, you cannot arbitrarily count one players points and then ignore another for same performance. The ranking is what it is. It is well know (or hopefully should be) to both fans and players.

If one player is more 'impressive' to you than another, but not winning most points, it's just tough (for you!). I am finding Barcelona much more impressive than Real Madrid, I'm just struggeling to get my point across to the Real camp. Especially, when I suggested they should be stripped of some of their points from won games.

Look. I heard it all before. People like you will make up any type of ranking, to suit your purpose. If A doesn't work, then you try B, C and D etc ..

If Kvitova wants to be WTA #1, she should study and learn to understand how the ranking works. And so should her fans.

Finally, just a PS. Right now, Azaranka is the best player in the world seen over the last 52 weeks. That's what you can read from the ranking.

Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Martian Jeza
Feb 20th, 2012, 06:39 PM
:yeah:

I don't know why you are arguing with that machine poster -you are wasting your time. I completely understand where you are coming from though.

Being a not deluded Wozniacki fan and having seen the light last spring about Caroline Wozniacki was the beginning for me of getting loads of hatred from the Wozniacki fan-base but who care ? Not being a Carotard anymore is a very hard task but hey : I won't complain. ;) Still like Caroline but I'm very disappointed with her : that's it. And yes, that they like it or not Petra deserved to finish last season as YE n°1.

postalblowfish
Feb 20th, 2012, 06:39 PM
I am finding Barcelona much more impressive than Real Madrid, I'm just struggeling to get my point across to the Real camp. Especially, when I suggested they should be stripped of some of their points from won games.

Why?

VishaalMaria
Feb 20th, 2012, 06:43 PM

One's a current slam holder, and one isn't.

I'll let you figure it out, as it's easy enough.

Matt01
Feb 20th, 2012, 06:44 PM

If, if, if...and if Petra had won her US Open 1st round match or had been able to achieve anything on other US hardcourts last year she easily would have been #1 as well...but fact is that all players are competing under the samee rules and Petra wasn't good enough to overtake Caro in the rankings. Wavey :wavey:

Raiden
Feb 20th, 2012, 06:50 PM
http://www.sport24.co.za/Tennis/Wozniacki-slams-Navratilova-20120220?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitterDubai - Former world No 1 Caroline Wozniacki hit back at Martina Navratilova on Monday for claiming that the Dane had never deserved to be top of the world rankings.

Wozniacki also suggested she has lost respect for Navratilova, regarded by many as the greatest female player ever, implying that her TV commentating sought to stir things up and that it would be better to "think a little bit."

Her comment was an echo of Navratilova's remarks at an Australian Open press conference, in which the 55-year-old legend said: "Clearly nobody feels Wozniacki is a true No 1."

Navratilova, whose 18 Grand Slam singles titles were achieved when the women's game had less depth, also criticised the modern ranking system which placed Wozniacki at the top for 68 weeks.

This places too much emphasis on the quantity of wins rather than their quality, Navratilova alleged, suggesting fellow Czech Petra Kvitova, Wimbledon champion and winner of five other titles last year, should have become No 1 instead.

"And I really respect what someone else (has done), I know how hard it is to reach the top level of a sport like tennis.

"I think I would never say Martina was No 1 when there was no-one playing, or she was the best when no-one was playing. I mean that would be disrespectful.

"She was unbelievable. She won so many Grand Slams, her touch was unbelievable. Martina Hingis was unbelievable as well - for me my favourite player.

"But I think they should respect players that are playing now as well. Because they know how hard it is. You don't just wake up and say okay I want to win this tournament, and it just happens like this. At that point, you are like, they should just think a little bit."

Wozniacki reacted almost as strongly when asked about Navratilova's comment that it was Kvitova and Victoria Azarenka who now formed the game's best rivalry.

"They always have to make comments, and that's what they get paid for - to be comments, because they are not playing any more. And they need to stir everything up," Wozniacki said.

"When I was No 1 they needed to make a story so in the beginning when I was coming up they were saying I was the next big thing.

"Then when I had been there for a while and it got boring... then they said she hasn't won a Grand Slam - because and because and because.

"Soon it will be if Victoria (Azarenka) loses a match, 'how could she lose a match?'"

Wozniacki lost her world No 1 ranking to Azarenka three weeks ago, and is seeded three in defence of the Dubai Open title this week, behind the Belarussian and the Czech.

Kvitova has since withdrawn with a virus, and Wozniacki should play Azarenka in the semi-finals on Friday Ouch, throwing shade there - I wonder who exactly she had in mind... obviously at the minimmum it must include Tracy Austin & Mandilkova

I wanna know who, because that'll (hopefully) expand the pool of potential bitchfest participants :oh:

postalblowfish
Feb 20th, 2012, 06:51 PM
Ouch, throwing shade there - I wonder who exactly she had in mind... obviously at the minimmum it must include Tracy Austin & Mandilkova

I wanna know who, because that'll (hopefully) expand the pool of potential bitchfest participants :oh:

Maybe she wasn't. Maybe she was referring to a position others have taken and advising she wouldn't make that sorta comment. Who knows. None of us, anyway.

doni1212
Feb 20th, 2012, 06:53 PM
I thought she was just responding to Navratilova's comments that SHE HERSELF (The Pusher) was number one because no one was playing...

Vikapower
Feb 20th, 2012, 06:57 PM

I don't really see how this arguments stands, even if Vika losses a match tomorrow self what she's achieved over the past three-four is very impressive especially when it includes a major and YEC F. There's no reasons why the medias are going to slam her for just one loss, something which is an occurrence in the sport. Wozniacki just turning extremely bitter even 'gainst BFF.

How's that making sense when Kvitova had already won Wimbledon and had anyways confirmed her Linz title with a YEC and Fed Cup one :confused:

Patrick345
Feb 20th, 2012, 06:57 PM
Look fair is fair. When the Empress put Nadalīs son in his place, most here was singing her praises for stepping up to Federer. It was well within her rights to respond to his comments. Just like that it was well within Wozniackiīs right to hit back at Navratilova, who went well beyond the usual criticism. Now Wozniacki has to take that fighting spirit onto the court and hit short balls with her backhand like they are Martinas head. :lol:

theFutureisNow
Feb 20th, 2012, 06:59 PM
If, if, if...and if Petra had won her US Open 1st round match or had been able to achieve anything on other US hardcourts last year she easily would have been #1 as well...but fact is that all players are competing under the samee rules and Petra wasn't good enough to overtake Caro in the rankings. Wavey :wavey:

I don't think anyone can deny that the tier 2s are the red-headed step children of the WTA tour. The dropoff in quality between a tier 1 and 2 is massive.

I don't think that anyone honest would prefer a ranking system that counted 4 tier 2s over one that counted only 2.

Chrissie-fan
Feb 20th, 2012, 07:00 PM
Being a not deluded Wozniacki fan and having seen the light last spring about Caroline Wozniacki was the beginning for me of getting loads of hatred from the Wozniacki fan-base but who care ? Not being a Carotard anymore is a very hard task but hey : I won't complain. ;) Still like Caroline but I'm very disappointed with her : that's it. And yes, that they like it or not Petra deserved to finish last season as YE n°1.
No man, you know that I don't have a problem with you and that we in fact occasionally still PM each other, but that's just not true. You didn't get hate from the Wozniacki fan-base because you were critical of her because many on the Caro fan forum are just as critical of her game as you were/are. You got banned from the Caro forum because you posted many very aggressive posts with a multitude of !!!! after each sentence and because you said things like that she should be punched in the face and stuff like that. Other members there repeatedly asked you to stop doing those things and to keep it civil but you never did. If you behaved like that on the player forum of any other player the result would have been the same. Fans of no matter what player (and Woz fans more than any other) already get the GM treatment at GM itself. Why should they tolerate it on their own player forum as well?

Burisleif
Feb 20th, 2012, 07:01 PM

Right, you were a real fan, because I see you 'only' showing up in the player sections of the other players listed in your signature to insult the player, and her fans after a loss with swearing, temper tantrums, and obscenities...

The only thing that bugs you is that you were called out and have since then been banned from the player section restricting your right to troll. That is the whole and simple truth behind your animosity.

Posting hyperbole isn't going to change that reality or reinforce any false argument you make.

Vikapower
Feb 20th, 2012, 07:12 PM
All the time Caroline was #1 I never heard complain about anything - it is evident that her career is taking a sufficient deep enough making her more sensitive to critics, complaining like this is going to change anything. The fact also that Victoria has completely surpassed her career as of today is getting to her head.

I think Caroline should just relax and accept her fate. She's happy with Rory and their are much more other pleasures in life than just tennis alone... I'm certain she can find something where she's good at and be recognized at the height of her talent but as for now it's obviously not tennis and she can not prevent other from thinking that she sucks. Nothing wrong there, she should broaden her mind and accept her critics of whichever nature.

Martian Jeza
Feb 20th, 2012, 07:22 PM
Right, you were a real fan, because I see you 'only' showing up in the player sections of the other players listed in your signature to insult the player, and her fans after a loss with swearing, temper tantrums, and obscenities...

The only thing that bugs you is that you were called out and have since then been banned from the player section restricting your right to troll. That is the whole and simple truth behind your animosity.

Posting hyperbole isn't going to change that reality or reinforce any false argument you make.

I know I'm a troll for you and that I'm an idiot : no need to repeat it again but the fact is even I lost the plot at times I did see the truth and wasn't scared to face the truth about Caroline Wozniacki ! I've got a huge temper but at the other side you just don't know me how sweet I also can be so pls STHU ! But even I didn't swear and things like that you had always a problem with me ! It just was an excuse to expel me from the forum section and you succeeded ! About punching Caro in the face : I know I won't do it because I'm against violence. It only was a metaphor but hey. If she comes back to Brussels in May, do you think I'll insult her and things like that ? YOU are PLAIN WRONG... I don't want to get banned from tournaments... But I'm happy I'm now rid off of all the deluded talks you are on and on telling. Me being obscene ? lmao : very good finding from you there ! :wavey:

Bounty Hunter
Feb 20th, 2012, 07:22 PM
I for one, agree with Caro. These ex-player/commentators are a times rude and disrespectful to the current WTA players.

Caro should just keep her feelings to herself and use the negative comments to her advantage. Prove them wrong by working harder and win a GS.

Just my opinion. :)

tennisbum79
Feb 20th, 2012, 07:24 PM
All the time Caroline was #1 I never heard complain about anything - it is evident that her career is taking a sufficient deep enough making her more sensitive to critics, complaining like this is going to change anything. The fact also that Victoria has completely surpassed her career as of today is getting to her head.

I think Caroline should just relax and accept her fate. She's happy with Rory and their are much more other pleasures in life than just tennis alone... I'm certain she can find something where she's good at and be recognized at the height of her talent but as for now it's obviously not tennis and she can not prevent other from thinking that she sucks. Nothing wrong there, she should broaden her mind and accept her critics of whichever nature.
What a condescending post!!

backhandsmash
Feb 20th, 2012, 07:26 PM

And so coherent as well!

edificio
Feb 20th, 2012, 07:27 PM
A commentator who is so respectful to players as to express no criticism is not worth his/her salt.

She really should just follow Chris Evert's own response to Mary Carillo a million years ago, watch the matches but turn off the sound.

Also, don't read your own press. Either you develop a very thick skin, or you don't read the press or listen to the commentary.

The first year of Caro's reign, the commentators loved her. I guess she's forgotten that.

But, more seriously, don't feed trolls by giving them more food for commentary.

Just improve your game, Woz. Ignore the vox populi.

SwingVolley93
Feb 20th, 2012, 07:28 PM
What the fuck is going on in the world. :scared:

Chrissie-fan
Feb 20th, 2012, 07:53 PM
I know I'm a troll for you and that I'm an idiot : no need to repeat it again but the fact is even I lost the plot at times I did see the truth and wasn't scared to face the truth about Caroline Wozniacki ! I've got a huge temper but at the other side you just don't know me how sweet I also can be so pls STHU ! But even I didn't swear and things like that you had always a problem with me ! It just was an excuse to expel me from the forum section and you succeeded ! About punching Caro in the face : I know I won't do it because I'm against violence. It only was a metaphor but hey. If she comes back to Brussels in May, do you think I'll insult her and things like that ? YOU are PLAIN WRONG... I don't want to get banned from tournaments... But I'm happy I'm now rid off of all the deluded talks you are on and on telling. Me being obscene ? lmao : very good finding from you there ! :wavey:
Just for the record - I for one never considered you a troll but a fan who has a problem to control his temper. And I know that underneath it all you are a good guy who would never punch Caroline or any other girl. I know that other side of you because I've known you longer than most posters there. But people who don't know you can only judge you on what they see written down before them and they don't read between the lines - in fact, they don't even know that there is anything to read between those lines because there wasn't anything in those posts to suggest such a thing. I had nothing to do with you being banned, but even though I didn't reply to it I admit that even I was a bit upset when I saw that "she should be punched in the face!!!" comment coming from a fellow fan, even though I knew you didn't mean it literally. So you can imagine how those that DID take it literally must have felt about it.

PetraReeMona
Feb 20th, 2012, 07:57 PM
Just for the record - I for one never considered you a troll but a fan who has a problem to control his temper. And I know that underneath it all you are a good guy who would never punch Caroline or any other girl. I know that other side of you because I've known you longer than most posters there. But people who don't know you can only judge you on what they see written down before them and they don't read between the lines - in fact, they don't even know that there is anything to read between those lines because there wasn't anything in those posts to suggest such a thing. I had nothing to do with you being banned, but even though I didn't reply to it I admit that even I was a bit upset when I saw that "she should be punched in the face!!!" comment coming from a fellow fan, even though I knew you didn't mean it literally. So you can imagine how those that DID take it literally must have felt about it.

I could fall madly in love with you! You really are such a nice guy :kiss:

backhandsmash
Feb 20th, 2012, 08:00 PM
That's not the big question. It's why did he get banned from that forum? Being too critical? That can't be it.

Oh wait! It can!

PetraReeMona
Feb 20th, 2012, 08:01 PM
That's not the big question. It's why did he get banned from that forum? Being too critical? That can't be it.

Oh wait! It can!

So because someone is critical they get banned? :eek: Wow.... I better keep my mouth shut then :p

dsanders06
Feb 20th, 2012, 08:03 PM

For the first time ever, one of your posts actually made me genuinely laugh :lol:

Chrissie-fan
Feb 20th, 2012, 08:03 PM
I could fall madly in love with you! You really are such a nice guy :kiss:
:smooch: A Kvitty and a Wozzy fan loving each other. See guys, it CAN happen! :hearts:

scandic78
Feb 20th, 2012, 08:04 PM
I was hoping Woz would keep a low profile and get on with improving her tennis rather than be vocal about what a bunch of has-beens think about her. This will only bring negativity. She really should have just kept her trap shut :rolleyes:

backhandsmash
So because someone is critical they get banned? :eek: Wow.... I better keep my mouth shut then :p

Only if you post in the Woz forum.

PetraReeMona
For the first time ever, one of your posts actually made me genuinely laugh :lol:

and me :help: :lol:

PetraReeMona
Feb 20th, 2012, 08:06 PM
Only if you post in the Woz forum.

No worries there then :devil:

TennisFan66
Feb 20th, 2012, 08:10 PM

Oh wait! It can!

I have read Crissies comments and I dont know the exact wording nor what happen, but now it sounds a bit like you're just trying to stir up sh1t. What on earth would be the purpose of that? I do not for a second believe, someone was banned from Caroline's player forum for making a critical comment. (assuming it was written in a serious and objective manner).

In general, if someone posts a long line of derogatory, snide remarks, in line with what we can read in GM, I personally salute such a member being banned from a players forum.

backhandsmash
Feb 20th, 2012, 08:12 PM
I never saw Martian Jeza as anti-Woz. He or she just has no filter is all. Some people can deal, some can not.

RenaSlam.
Feb 20th, 2012, 08:13 PM
Wah Wah, Caro. Shut Up.

Vikapower
Feb 20th, 2012, 08:17 PM

There's nothing of such -- what'd condescending is Caroline [...] as I said she should broaden her mind and accept the critics especially when they're constructive/founded ; what she's done over the last few year(s) as a world #1 is illegitimate enough for her to humble and recognize the facts.

You can't be a true #1 when you didn't even have a GS F in your ranking points for almost 2 years or not even beaten a top 10 player in the big events you played/won and what Navra says is that also how the ranking system is/was a farce. Victoria does a good job for now of giving back the place it's true meaning/value -- Petra would have probably done the same so either way it's cool.

Caroline knows all of it and she's just dishonest, bitter, gutted [...]that not only her career is whole of air in the history of the WTA but that all her BFFs including Aga are overtaking her and nothing she can do for it when she's physically, emotionally and tennis wise completely losing the plot.

CWTennis
Feb 20th, 2012, 08:21 PM
You're too funny! :spit:

Oh wait! It can!
He wasn't too critical, he was too hysterical!:o

backhandsmash
Feb 20th, 2012, 08:24 PM
I have read Crissies comments and I dont know the exact wording nor what happen, but now it sounds a bit like you're just trying to stir up sh1t. What on earth would be the purpose of that? I do not for a second believe, someone was banned from Caroline's player forum for making a critical comment. (assuming it was written in a serious and objective manner).

In general, if someone posts a long line of derogatory, snide remarks, in line with what we can read in GM, I personally salute such a member being banned from a players forum.

The timing of the ban is unfortunate for your argument. The poster in question only switched up a gear after the ban. Just get him back please.

Excelscior
Feb 20th, 2012, 08:25 PM

I try to stay out of all internecine Caro Brigade chit chat myself (as well as other player forums). But I will like to add something, based off of your post.

There are a group of posters in Caro's forum, no matter how objective, polite, reasoned and complimentary of Caro, who still don't want you there. And they'll openly state that, and it's been debated in the past. So it can happen. They're some very sensitive folks over there (though not all).

Now I don't think I've ever been banned myself, cause I stopped going (and only posted a few times; mainly responding to a particular posters argument around a particular time frame last year). But I wouldn't be surprised if a poster got banned, whether or not he or she said something that was disagreed with (or just the sheer fact of them being there period). That's there call.

As far as Martin Jezza. I have no knowledge of any conversation that person has had on the Caro subforum. So please don't take what I'm saying as acceptance to what he or she did or didn't say at the time.

I hope that helps?

marineblue
Feb 20th, 2012, 08:27 PM
Give it to 'em girl.:yeah:

Novichok
Feb 20th, 2012, 08:29 PM
I try to stay out of all internecine Caro Brigade chit chat myself. But I will like to add something, based off of your post.

There are a group of posters in Caro's forum, no matter how objective, polite, reasoned and complimentary of Caro, who still don't want you there. And they'll openly state that, and it's been debated in the past. So it can happen.

Now I don't think I've ever been banned myself, cause I stopped going (and only posted a few times; mainly responding to a particular posters argument around a particular time frame last year). But I wouldn't be surprised if a poster got banned, just cause he/she said something that was disagreed with.

As far as Martin Jezza. I have no knowledge of any conversation that person has had on the Caro subforum. So please don't take what I'm saying as acceptance to what he or she did or didn't do.

If that were the case, then everyone in Caro's player forum would be banned. There's always disagreement. :shrug:

Jane Lane
Feb 20th, 2012, 08:29 PM
Waaaaait a minute you can get people banned from subforums only? :haha: I thought if you were banned you were banned.

As far as the actual topic, if Wozniacki wants to make them eat her words, go out on court and do something about it. As long as she keeps losing to the Safarovas, Hantuchovas and Cibulkovas of the Tour, the World No. 1 next to her name will always have an asterisk rather than an enhancement to her resume.

Martian Jeza
Feb 20th, 2012, 08:32 PM
I never saw Martian Jeza as anti-Woz. He or she just has no filter is all. Some people can deal, some can not.

I expected a lot from Caroline and she went on disappointments on disappointments ! Well, maybe my expectations were too high ! And I'm not an Anti Wozniacki, for crying out loud ! But telling some truth wouldn't hurt the Wozniacki fan base but unfortunately they go on with fables and the thing that made me laugh is that some of the Wozniacki fans think her game is improving when I saw no improvement at all. I'm just like a father who is full of disappointment with his daughter who comes back with bad grades from school : that's how I behave with Caroline. As long she stays stubborn with her game, as long she doesn't take her job seriously anymore ( wagging with FuglyRoy for example ), as long she doesn't ditch her father who's making money on her and only is seeking fame when being a mediocre coach don't expect from me to give her praises but well a rain of critics. And to my knowledge I barely insulted her the last months. I still like her but I think she stayed way too long as n°1 in the world and that Kvitova deserved it more last season than Wozniacki ! For me her real place is between the rank 6 and rank 10 in the world with her performances that she keeps doing since spring of last year ( April-May ). And when you are full of anger, you can say things that goes beyond what you really think and then with the time regret it : I've learned my lesson.

Wimbledon9
Feb 20th, 2012, 08:34 PM
The first thing I want to say is that if twenty commentators and journalists say Wozniacki is not a worthy number one and Martina Navratilova is amongst them they will always pick Martina and put it in front of the player.
Same with Roger Federer last year when everybody said his time had come, Martina said for BBC radio he would not be number one again but could still win grand slams everybody fell over her till some listened to the tape and said it was not bad at all what she said and very respectful. Martina said those things about Caroline Wozniacki at a press conference at the Australian Open you can see and hear her.

When somebody wins 15 tournaments like Caroline in 2010 you are number one even without a grand slam title Martina said but not for 2011.
I personally would be worried if Martina said they are all exciting players and they play a very entertaining game then I would know she lied.

Martina and Lindsay Davenport aanalyzed Caroline's game at the Australian Open last year maybe Caroline has watched the tape and thought Martina could learn her something but it went very strange father Piotr throwing the amount of money Martina could earn in the press while there was no deal at all.I think Martina would have gone the way of Ricardo Sanchez.
Wozniacki should be so stern to her father as she is to Martina Navratilova.

It would have been nice if the tennisplayers of today would have helped Martina and the Australian gays against Margaret Court but there was a deafening silence from them. Luckily Martina can do it very well herself.
Take it from somebody who has seen tennis matches for a very long time Martina is not the nobody some of you are making of her still very well known around the world. Todays players think because they earn so much money, to much if you ask me that they are great players and world stars.
It is their raquets that are great they do the work for them the speed the ballbashing. Players like Martina and Chris could think many strokes ahead like playing chess.

Excelscior
Feb 20th, 2012, 08:35 PM
If that were the case, then everyone in Caro's player forum would be banned. There's always disagreement. :shrug:

If you actually read what I wrote, you would know I was talking about "certain posters", not everyone.

And I also said not everyone there is like that.

Is it that hard?

TennisFan66
Feb 20th, 2012, 08:39 PM
The timing of the ban is unfortunate for your argument. The poster in question only switched up a gear after the ban. Just get him back please.

BHS,
I clearly stated, I did not know, what happened. My 'in general' means exactly that. In general. It is not an argument pro or con MJ, as I do not know what happened.

I try to stay out of all internecine Caro Brigade chit chat myself.

See, imho, if you run with the anti-Caroline crowd in GM, you're not welcome in Caroline's player forum. End of (if it was up to me).

I am not interested in someone coming to Caroline's player forum and playing the role of 'Mr Sensible', while at the same time spamming every Caroline thread in GM with derogatory, vile and snipe comments.

Such members posts in Caroline's forum serve just one purpose. Stirring up sh1t. They come to Caroline's player forum because they crave the attention and GM isn't filling their needs anymore.

Personally, I see no value nor any idea in giving any 2nd, 3rd, or 4th chances to such posters.

Novichok
Feb 20th, 2012, 08:42 PM
If you actually read what I wrote, you would know I was talking about "certain posters", not everyone.

And I also said not everyone there is like that.

Is it that hard?

You said this: "But I wouldn't be surprised if a poster got banned, just cause he/she said something that was disagreed with."

I claimed that there's disagreement within the Caro sub-forum amongst her fans yet everyone isn't banned.

Certain posters might not want non-Caro fans in there but those posters aren't moderators and can't ban anyone so I don't even know why you think that's relevant.

marineblue
Feb 20th, 2012, 08:45 PM

No professionalism = No respect

Excelscior
Feb 20th, 2012, 08:52 PM
BHS,
I clearly stated, I did not know, what happened. My 'in general' means exactly that. In general. It is not an argument pro or con MJ, as I do not know what happened.

See, imho, if you run with the anti-Caroline crowd in GM, you're not welcome in Caroline's player forum. End of (if it was up to me).

I am not interested in someone coming to Caroline's player forum and playing the role of 'Mr Sensible', while at the same time spamming every Caroline thread in GM with derogatory, vile and snipe comments.

Such members posts in Caroline's forum serve just one purpose. Stirring up sh1t. They come to Caroline's player forum because they crave the attention and GM isn't filling their needs anymore.

Personally, I see no value nor any idea in giving any 2nd, 3rd, or 4th chances to such posters.

Stop!

That's the problem right there.

Most of the people who you think are "Anti Caroline", are not. There just tennis fans. That's your first wrong assumption.

After Kvitova beat Sharapova at Wimby, many Sharpie fans hated her Petra and her fans. But we all got over it. Neither fan base sees the other as their enemy, and has a healthy respect for each player. They're just tennis fans, that like particular players.

Where's your sense of free speech.?

I don't care what anyone says about Petra, as long as they're polite and respectful when discussing her with me. I would say it's the same in the subforum. No one even thinks or cares, what that posters prior history was. We usually only respond to what they're saying at the time.

Who cares what they said in the past or on GM, as long as what they're saying at the time is reasonable?

This is madness.

And I think what many people such as yourself don't realize is, Caro gets a lot of flak (albeit some of it deserved), becomes many of her stans are extraordinarily aggressive, intrusive, relentless, obstinate and quite sensitive, which creates the bias/dialogue that many of you complain about.

I see Caro fans as the only player group that actually cries about their player being attacked. It comes with the territory of being a #1 ranked or a big time WTA player. Agreed?

Petra gets wildly criticized all the time by knuckleheads that know nothing of her career, just looking to make flippant statements. Come to think of it, so does Serena, Sharapova, Vika, Zvonareva, etc. But you don't see their fan bases out on a crusade to ban, report, hate and incessantly go after certain posters? It comes with the territory. And everyone seems to understand that, except Da Caro Brigade.

Note: The Caro Brigade doesn't include her more reasonable posters (or the unreasonable ones, when they rarely act quite reasonable). Lol

Martian Jeza
Feb 20th, 2012, 08:54 PM
No worries there then :devil:

Gave you a good rep btw ;)

Novichok
Feb 20th, 2012, 08:54 PM
Stop!

Most of the people who you think are "Anti Caroline", are not.

I don't care what anyone says outside of my house or behind my back, as long as they're polite and respectful to me when I see them. And mind you, we're talking about a third party here, not us as individuals.

This is madness.

And I think what many people such as yourself don't realize is, Caro gets a lot of flak (albeit some of it deserved), becomes many of her stans are extraordinarily aggressive, intrusive, relentless, obstinate and quite sensitive, which creates the bias/dialogue that many of you complain about.

I see Caro fans as the only player group that actually cries about their player being attacked. It comes with the territory of being a #1 ranked or a big time WTA player. Agreed?

Petra gets wildly criticized all the time by knuckleheads that know nothing of her career, just looking to make flippant statements. Come to think of it, so does Serena, Sharapova, Vika, Zvonareva, etc. But you don't see their fan bases out on a crusade to ban, report, hate and incessantly go after certain posters? It comes with the territory. And everyone seems to understand that, except Da Caro Brigade.

Note: The Caro Brigade doesn't include her more reasonable posters (or the unreasonable ones, when they rarely act quite reasonable). Lol

Oh please!!! :rolleyes: Every fan group here is ir/rationally defensive.

Martian Jeza
Feb 20th, 2012, 08:57 PM

Of course, I know I've shocked some people with such talk about punching her but if I ever punch a girl or a woman in my life : I only can be called a coward. Something I'm not ! And I apologize for that sentence. And don't worry, Chrissie, I'll NEVER punch her in the face nor insult her IRL. Don't worry about that. Glad you understand me ! :)

marineblue
Feb 20th, 2012, 08:58 PM
Stop!

Most of the people who you think are "Anti Caroline", are not. There just tennis fans. That's your first wrong assumption.

After Kvitova beat Sharapova at Wimby, many Sharpie fans hated her Petra and her fans. But we all got over it. Neither fan base sees the other as their enemy, and has a healthy respect for each player. They're just tennis fans, that like particular players.

I don't care what anyone says about Petra, as long as they're polite and respectful when discussing her with me. I would say it's the same in the subforum. No one even thinks or cares, what that posters prior history was. We usually only respond to what they're saying at the time.

Who cares what they said in the past or on GM, as long as what they're saying at the time is reasonable?

This is madness.

I just cannot understand how you can have the nerve to pontificate here given what kind of bullshit you've spammed this forum with. :facepalm::speakles:

Excelscior
Feb 20th, 2012, 09:01 PM
You said this: "But I wouldn't be surprised if a poster got banned, just cause he/she said something that was disagreed with."

I claimed that there's disagreement within the Caro sub-forum amongst her fans yet everyone isn't banned.

Certain posters might not want non-Caro fans in there but those posters aren't moderators and can't ban anyone so I don't even know why you think that's relevant.

If you notice. I was trying not to highlight or describe certain posters and visitors, cause I wasn't trying to get incite a prolonged debate on the subject.

What I wrote is/was self explanatory.

Novichok
Feb 20th, 2012, 09:03 PM
If you notice. I was trying not to highlight or describe certain posters and visitors, cause I wasn't trying to get incite a prolonged debate on the subject.

What I wrote is/was self explanatory.

Self-explanatory? Nope. :lol:

Excelscior
Feb 20th, 2012, 09:09 PM
Oh please!!! :rolleyes: Every fan group here is ir/rationally defensive.

There's nothing wrong with being defensive or protective of your player. I can agree with that. It's human nature.

What I'm describing is something different.

I'm talking about, if a poster says something I don't like about my player yesterday, I look at that person as the enemy, even if they say something good about them today, instead taking it for what it is; a comment.

We don't have to like what everyone says here. That's the nature of why the sight works. But many of us do take the criticism to personally.

I don't know how someone can say something perfectly nice about Caroline, but they're still despised because of what you didn't like they said previously. And to then want to ban them/keep them out. Lol

That's crazy. SMH.

Like I said, I don't know what Martin Jezza said. But from what I can see he/she seemed like a passionate, true Caro fan, albeit a off beat, more critical one.

Shrugs.

C. Drone
Feb 20th, 2012, 09:10 PM

oh, the graphomaniac irony. :lol: :tape: :lol:

Cajka
Feb 20th, 2012, 09:12 PM
Look fair is fair. When the Empress put Nadalīs son in his place, most here was singing her praises for stepping up to Federer. It was well within her rights to respond to his comments. Just like that it was well within Wozniackiīs right to hit back at Navratilova, who went well beyond the usual criticism. Now Wozniacki has to take that fighting spirit onto the court and hit short balls with her backhand like they are Martinas head. :lol:

Of course, no double standards. As a fan of two former slamless #1 players, Dinara and JJ, I remember all the bashing and undeserved criticism.

So... I was really delighted when Empress basically said that Bitcherer should mind his own business. And, to be honest, Federer was even nice compared to some of those commentators. I don't understand the posters who say that Caro doesn't respect Martina. Maybe she respects her as a player, but not as a person and she doesn't have to. I really love Martina, but after everything she said, she doesn't deserve Caro's respect.

TennisFan66
Feb 20th, 2012, 09:12 PM
Stop!

Indeed, let's do that.

I don't care about your right to free speech. Exercise it in GM. I think you're allowed a lot of free speech (well over the line of any human decency) here.

If you want to discuss Caroline, but is unable of keeping an adult tone, talk with your 'real tennis fans' peers in GM.

If you come to Caroline's player forum wearing your 'Mr Sensible' hat playing the act (while at the same time posting vile in GM), I'll call you out.

I am not a mod, so I wouldn't be able to ban you or anyone else for that matter, but luckily for me, I do get the impression that TF admin is less 'liberal' in allowing the vile comments in player forums.

As for other players. Not my business. I rarely post in other players threads and I never go to other players forums.

Matt01
Feb 20th, 2012, 09:15 PM
I don't think anyone can deny that the tier 2s are the red-headed step children of the WTA tour. The dropoff in quality between a tier 1 and 2 is massive.

Not true. The dropoff in quality is quite big but not for all the Tier II (for example Stuttgart was almost as good as any Tier I last year and Caro made the final there). And the weakest Tier II's last year were not even the ones Woz did win.
And besides, you already get almost twice as many points for winning a P5 (900) compared to winning a Premier (470) so I'm no sure what your problem is. In fact, I read last year that some posters were complaining that Caro got too many points for some of her P5 wins :spit:

Excelscior
Feb 20th, 2012, 09:17 PM
I just cannot understand how you can have the nerve to pontificate here given what kind of bullshit you've spammed this forum with. :facepalm::speakles:

Just to call you on your bluff, and show how much of a bullshit artist you are, I'll ask you a question.

Name me the worst thing I've ever said about Caroline, that wasn't tennis related? Please do? Go ahead search my entire database. I'm waiting?

This is the type of overtly sensitive, type of name calling, bloodhound, bullshit I'm talking about.

I don't hate Caroline in the least bit (though I know you and the Brigade think I do), and am tired of saying that I've defended her many times here, and have been some what of a fan, particularly in 2010, early 2011, etc., yada yada yada.

You are quite ridiculous, and only look for repeated, nonsensical arguments to start or prolong here.

Just let the crusade go.

Excelscior
Feb 20th, 2012, 09:22 PM
Indeed, let's do that.

I don't care about your right to free speech. Exercise it in GM. I think you're allowed a lot of free speech (well over the line of any human decency) here.

If you want to discuss Caroline, but is unable of keeping an adult tone, talk with your 'real tennis fans' peers in GM.

If you come to Caroline's player forum wearing your 'Mr Sensible' hat playing the act (while at the same time posting vile in GM), I'll call you out.

I am not a mod, so I wouldn't be able to ban you or anyone else for that matter, but luckily for me, I do get the impression that TF admin is less 'liberal' in allowing the vile comments in player forums.

As for other players. Not my business. I rarely post in other players threads and I never go to other players forums.

SMH. Lol.

What can I say.

I can't help you from your delusions in any way.

Believe all what you said if you may.

postalblowfish
Feb 20th, 2012, 09:32 PM
Now I don't think I've ever been banned myself, cause I stopped going (and only posted a few times; mainly responding to a particular posters argument around a particular time frame last year). But I wouldn't be surprised if a poster got banned, whether or not he or she said something that was disagreed with (or just the sheer fact of them being there period). That's there call.

Apparently you are (banned). Don't quote me on it though. You'd join a pretty large list of people if you are.

Waaaaait a minute you can get people banned from subforums only? :haha: I thought if you were banned you were banned.

The Woz subforum has, shall we say, a history of intrusions.

One thing about this is, it doesn't always play out that way. Steven came over recently and made a really good post. Patrick came over and made a possibly less advisable read-between-the-lines-to-understand-what-I'm-getting-at-here post. But then made a lot of sensible posts in *this* thread in GM.

marineblue
Feb 20th, 2012, 09:32 PM
Indeed, let's do that.

You know what is funny? It was only yesterday that Jokeselsior accused me of constantly trying to make Caroline relevant and make people talk about her. Looking at how he's been spamming this thread I am not entirely convinced that he needs any forcing to post about her:rolleyes:.
This kind poster (to put it very very nicely) is a clear proof that player forum rules need to be strict for a reason.

TennisFan66
Feb 20th, 2012, 09:37 PM
Steven came over recently and made a really good post. Patrick came over and made a possibly less advisable read-between-the-lines-to-understand-what-I'm-getting-at-here post. But then made a lot of sensible posts in *this* thread in GM.

Oh, agree. I good repped 'Steven'. I don't recall having read his comments before, but yes, very sensible and adult. (I hope it wasn't 'Flame-On' with a new name. In which case the joke is squarely on me :lol: ).

Patrick345 is a troll. Through and through and doesn't belong in Caroline's forum imho. As I also made clear. It was not because of his actual posting, but his loooooooooooong history in GM.

postalblowfish
Feb 20th, 2012, 09:39 PM
Oh, agree. I good repped 'Steven'. I don't recall having read his comments before, but yes, very sensible and adult. (I hope it wasn't 'Flame-On' with a new name. In which case the joke is squarely on me :lol: ).

Naw. There's a thread for previous usernames anyways.

marineblue
Feb 20th, 2012, 09:44 PM
Just to call you on your bluff, and show how much of a bullshit artist you are, I'll ask you a question.

Name me the worst thing I've ever said about Caroline, that wasn't tennis related? Please do? Go ahead search my entire database. I'm waiting?

This is the type of overtly sensitive, type of name calling, bloodhound, bullshit I'm talking about.

I don't hate Caroline in the least bit (though I know you and the Brigade think I do), and am tired of saying that I've defended her many times here, and have been some what of a fan, particularly in 2010, early 2011, etc., yada yada yada.

You are quite ridiculous, and only look for repeated, nonsensical arguments to start or prolong here.

Just let the crusade go.

I am not going to waste my time with reading your trash once again, I think you know all too well what you have written about her both as a person and as a tennis player. I mean after all that time of enjoying the haters threads to the full this kind of a desperate excuse (which is a lie,too) is not going to save you.
I mean even your fellow stans now give you a talking to. You are one of the most ardent Caroline haters on GM. You have established yourself far too well to be able to deny it. Congrats.
And that you think Caroline is a nice girl etc is a classic hater's move to try himself look better. At least you could come up with something original.
Don't forget the incoherent smilies...