PDA

View Full Version : Kvitova out of Dubai!!!!

flareon
Feb 20th, 2012, 09:02 AM
Viral illness announced on Eurosport.

John.
Feb 20th, 2012, 09:03 AM
ES commentators just mentioned that she has withdrawn with a viral injury.

Get well for IW/Miami

Rest Maria!
Feb 20th, 2012, 09:03 AM
I'm disappointed. :(

Six Feet Under
Feb 20th, 2012, 09:06 AM
So what happens, draws are shifted? or does aga get a cakewalk and someone becomes a very, very lucky loser?

Meelis
Feb 20th, 2012, 09:08 AM
So what happens, draws are shifted? or does aga get a cakewalk and someone becomes a very, very lucky loser?

Lisicki takes Kvitova´s place in the draw (with a R1 bye) and Radwanska will play Q/LL.

Rest Maria!
Feb 20th, 2012, 09:08 AM
Why was Lisicki given a BYE and not Radwanska, despite lower seed?
http://www.wtatennis.com/SEWTATour-Archive/posting/2012/718/MDS.pdf

Lisickinator
Feb 20th, 2012, 09:11 AM
http://www.wtatennis.com/SEWTATour-Archive/posting/2012/718/MDS.pdf

yeah, that makes absolutely no sense

but if true :bounce:

Meelis
Feb 20th, 2012, 09:11 AM

Kvitova pulled out after oop for today was announced, but before first match started.

sammy01
Feb 20th, 2012, 09:12 AM
kvitova is starting to schedule like a slam champion :inlove:

aga can stroll into the final now from the bottom half, get those points aga :inlove:

Valanga
Feb 20th, 2012, 09:13 AM
Viral illness? Poor Petra :sobbing:

Rest Maria!
Feb 20th, 2012, 09:15 AM
Kvitova pulled out after oop for today was announced, but before first match started.

Yes, but it still makes no sense - Lisicki vs Radwanska was not scheduled for today and Radwanska is the higher seed, which should give her priority over the lower seeded player?

aga can stroll into the final now from the bottom half, get those points aga
Haha it would be funny if she went deep in this tournament despite slumping.

Meelis
Feb 20th, 2012, 09:21 AM
Yes, but it still makes no sense - Lisicki vs Radwanska was not scheduled for today and Radwanska is the higher seed, which should give her priority over the lower seeded player?

According to the rules:

a) Had she pulled out before today´s oop was released - Radwanska would have taken her spot, Lisicki would have replaced Radwanska (stayed in the same place) and played Q/LL.

b) She pulled out after the oop was released - next eligible seed (Lisicki) takes her spot and Q/LL takes spot created by her move,

c) Had she pulled out after play commenced - Q/LL would have taken her spot (with a R1 bye),

Rest Maria!
Feb 20th, 2012, 09:23 AM
Thank you for the answer.

Towanda
Feb 20th, 2012, 09:24 AM

aga can stroll into the final now from the bottom half, get those points aga :inlove:

Stosur has a positve H2H against Aga, so we might end up with another Stosur - Azarenka final :scared:

Pops Maellard
Feb 20th, 2012, 09:51 AM
Please don't be mono :tears:.

Noctis
Feb 20th, 2012, 09:54 AM
She just don't like Dubai,losing Morita last year

borrowedheaven
Feb 20th, 2012, 09:55 AM
Get better soon, Petra.

TeamUla
Feb 20th, 2012, 09:55 AM
Stosur has a positve H2H against Aga, so we might end up with another Stosur - Azarenka final :scared:

2:1 H2H is not a domination. :rolleyes:
BTW Stosur will lose to Lucie, I can see that easily.

The Kaz
Feb 20th, 2012, 10:05 AM
I sense another Sam-Vika final. Revenge can be sweet :drool:

The Kaz
Feb 20th, 2012, 10:06 AM

I bet Lucie loses to the qualifier :lol:

Rest Maria!
Feb 20th, 2012, 10:09 AM
In which case Radwanska is out of final:angel:

Patrick345
Feb 20th, 2012, 10:10 AM
I bet Lucie loses to the qualifier :lol:

Depends on who it is. Totally possible Halep beats her. Benesova would probably go to tiebreak twice, since they are the two biggest ROS stiffs with good serves.

Towanda
Feb 20th, 2012, 10:13 AM

I never said it was domination, but at the very least it shows that Aga might not have the easy "stroll into the final" that was suggested.

DemiCrayanhan
Feb 20th, 2012, 10:21 AM
give the trophy to vika already. dubai has officially become carbon copy of doha.

first the achilles, now the viral illness...is this for real or is petra just saving herself for the big ones?

stromatolite
Feb 20th, 2012, 11:21 AM
^Hard to believe Petra wouldn't want to keep some match rhythm going ahead of the big US hardcourt tournaments, so I assume the illness is real. Hopefully it's not too serious and she'll be back soon.

Break My Rapture
Feb 20th, 2012, 11:28 AM
Sucks, she's going into March Double without much match play.

Petronius
Feb 20th, 2012, 11:33 AM
Very real. During weekend she had high fevers and on Sunday she ended up at emergency. Has been taking antibiotics since. :(

Excelscior
Feb 20th, 2012, 11:38 AM
^Hard to believe Petra wouldn't want to keep some match rhythm going ahead of the big US hardcourt tournaments, so I assume the illness is real. Hopefully it's not too serious and she'll be back soon.

I wonder if she was in Dubai, UAE, and ate something which gave her a viral illness?

I'm assuming she was there if this happened? I always noticed how many of the other girls got sick like that last year, and she didn't. I guess it's her time now.

Speaking about time, that's a lot of time to be off (though I'm sure she can use the rest for the IW, Miami double, and later in the season now) from the Australian.

Obviously she doesn't care about moving up the ranking/reclaiming #2 through Dubai.... Interesting. Well, IW has a 96 person draw, and you still play 5 matches, even with a 1st round bye. So that can help her?

It's interesting with Lisicki's scheduling as well. I wonder if she can regain some form now? Maybe she actually needed that extra match? Lol.

With the latest news, I guess Vika may play this tournament after all now. :lol: :) :lol:

No. Get some rest yourself Vika. You earned and deserved it.

Feel better Petra!!

DemiCrayanhan
Feb 20th, 2012, 11:40 AM
Very real. During weekend she had high fevers and on Sunday she ended up at emergency. Has been taking antibiotics since. :(

wow, that's horrible. antibiotics - so it's not viral? was she already in dubai? hopefully she gets well soon. i've missed her oncourt.

Matt01
Feb 20th, 2012, 11:54 AM
With the latest news, I guess Vika may play this tournament after all now. :lol: :) :lol:

I wanted to wish Petra to get healthy soon but with stupid comments like these from Petra-tards like you I'm not in the mood for that anymore. :rolleyes:

StoneRose
Feb 20th, 2012, 11:56 AM
Seems Vika is playing though, who would have expected this outcome? hope Petra is back soon.

stromatolite
Feb 20th, 2012, 11:58 AM
Really shocked to hear it is/was so serious. I guess she's out of emergency now, so hopefully the recovery will be quick. Take care Petra!

Excelscior
Feb 20th, 2012, 12:04 PM

Is this what her people are saying, or this was reported in the news, from Hospital workers?

Did this take place in Dubai or home in the Czech Republic?

Hope she gets better soon, and it's nothing big/severe, but the usual stomach cramps and fever.

Thanks.

ElusiveChanteuse
Feb 20th, 2012, 12:08 PM
Petra :(

Excelscior
Feb 20th, 2012, 12:09 PM
wow, that's horrible. antibiotics - so it's not viral? was she already in dubai? hopefully she gets well soon. i've missed her oncourt.

Yeah.

If she got antibiotics, that's a bacterial infection, like E-coli or some other gram negative infection.

Well at least those can be treated, and you don't have to wait and sweat them out. But the treatment may be 5-15 days, depending on the infection, and if it's really bacterial as Petronius said. I don't know. I'm getting my news from you guys.

QuestJon
Feb 20th, 2012, 12:09 PM
Doesn't it seem that Lisicki with this sort of good fortune - and despite doing everything to avoid it - sooner or later ends up in the top 10?
All the players around there are injured or not playing or even (unbelievably!) worse?

Excelscior
Feb 20th, 2012, 12:14 PM
I wanted to wish Petra to get healthy soon but with stupid comments like these from Petra-tards like you I'm not in the mood for that anymore. :rolleyes:

Why do you take this stuff and yourself so seriously?

Nobody takes you this way?

There was nothing malicious about my post. Did you actually read/remember it?

You're pressed. Please hit the ignore button next time. I will.

SMH

Excelscior
Feb 20th, 2012, 12:16 PM
Doesn't it seem that Lisicki with this sort of good fortune - and despite doing everything to avoid it - sooner or later ends up in the top 10?
All the players around there are injured or not playing or even (unbelievably!) worse?

I know what you mean about Petra not being there. But don't you think Lisicki (no matter who she plays) could use the extra match?

Wouldn't she be playing Cibulkova, if Domi beats her qualifier?

That could be a tough match, depending which Cibulkova and Lisicki show up. Right?

Melange
Feb 20th, 2012, 12:16 PM

Smart move Petra play 10 tournaments a year :yeah:

Matt01
Feb 20th, 2012, 12:34 PM
Why do you take this stuff and yourself so seriously?

Nobody takes you this way?

There was nothing malicious about my post. Did you actually read/remember it?

You're pressed. Please hit the ignore button next time. I will.

SMH

Yeah, I will try to ignore your "stuff" in the future (I still remember when you were making fun of the stabbing: nothing you are putting out should be taken seriously obviously) but please note that I said "stupid" and not "malicious" so maybe it's you who should try to read other peoples post before you reply to them.

laurie
Feb 20th, 2012, 12:49 PM

I think you should still wish Petra to get healthy soon and not worry about what others say, don't forget it is only a forum...

pov
Feb 20th, 2012, 01:20 PM
Li and Zvonareva are also out.

Petronius
Feb 20th, 2012, 01:22 PM
Is this what her people are saying, or this was reported in the news, from Hospital workers?

Did this take place in Dubai or home in the Czech Republic?

Hope she gets better soon, and it's nothing big/severe, but the usual stomach cramps and fever.

Thanks.

The news was released by the spokesperson of Česká sportovní, Petra's management agency.
I think she hadn't left for Dubai at all.

everythingtaboo
Feb 20th, 2012, 01:32 PM
Please don't be mono :tears:.

:tape: Let's not think about that. :sad:

Melange
Feb 20th, 2012, 01:34 PM
The news was released by the spokesperson of Česká sportovní, Petra's management agency.

If they have illness dont they still have to go to the tournament anyway? Thats what the problem was for Anna. She had flu and still had to fly to Doha to get checked out, then she felt a little better so she played first round match, then she won it against tired, sick, braindead opponent and decided to play second round match, even though she should not be playing at all. Then she fainted and all the problems started.

Excelscior
Feb 20th, 2012, 01:35 PM

Oh.

Then if that's the case, it appears she may be skipping out on the tournament after all. :lol: :) :lol:

I hope it's just rest or a minor injury, if it's not truly a viral illness (which you wouldn't give antibiotics to)?

Meelis
Feb 20th, 2012, 01:44 PM
If they have illness dont they still have to go to the tournament anyway?

If they want to avoid paying the fine.