PDA

View Full Version : WORST matchup for every top 10

doomsday
Feb 19th, 2012, 08:48 PM
Azarenka : Kvitova (4 losses in a row now)
Sharapova : Azarenka, well since she is the n1 it's not a big deal.:lol:
Kvitova : Petkovic (won 4 of the last 5 meetings in straights sets :help:)
Wozniacki : Sharapova, Kvitova, Stosur, Zvonareva, Na Li :lol::lol::lol:
Stosur : Sharapova ( Stosur won ONE match after 9 beatdowns so I choose Maria over Vika) Vika beat her "only" six times but she is probably be the next worst matchup for Stosur.
Radwanska : Sharapova (won the last 6 matches since Aga's comments after the US meeting in 2007 :devil:)
Bartoli : Radwanska (only won 1 set in 6 meetings) :tape::tape::tape:
Zvonareva : Stosur (she won the last 8 meetings :tape:)
Na Li : Stosur ( 0-6 won only 1 set in 6 meetings :o)
Petkovic : Radwanska (never won a single match in six meetings)

Sharapova wins here, she is the worst matchup for most players in top10.:)

Craig.
Feb 19th, 2012, 08:55 PM
Sharapova's only a bad matchup for Wozniacki when she's playing well, unfortunately.

Galang
Lmao Sharapova is not really a particularly bad match up for Wozniacki. When she's on, then yes she can destroy her; however Sharapova is far too erratic as of late and Caroline is far too consistent. Maria is going to be the one hitting the errors.

The Daviator
How is Sharapova the worst meeting for Wozniacki when Caro has beaten her 64 63 and 61 62 and the H2H is only 2-3? :confused:

frenchie
LOL at Sharapova being a bad matchup for Caro!

Matt01
Feb 19th, 2012, 08:58 PM
Wozniacki : Sharapova, Kvitova, Stosur, Zvonareva :lol::lol::lol:

The only bad match-up for Woz from your long list would be Stosur. Woz has a positive H2H with Kvitova, has beaten Zvonareva in several big tournaments and has won 2 of the last 3 matches with Pova. :weirdo:

Break My Rapture
Feb 19th, 2012, 09:00 PM
I think Azarenka is a worse match-up for Stosur than Sharapova becauseMaria's footwork can still be sloppy enough to get caught up in Stosur's improved BH slice and her return reflexes are not as good as Azarenka's, which is pretty vital when returning Stosur's serves. Azarenka also has never lost a set to Stosur (even in their first meeting when Vika was ranked somewhere around 200 and Stosur was a top 50 player), while I think Sharapova has.

I'd also put Wozniacki with Sharapova as nightmare match-ups for Radwanska. Azarenka is also a bad match-up for Bartoli.

Ferg
Feb 19th, 2012, 09:01 PM
Maria is GOAT, well said.

doomsday
Feb 19th, 2012, 09:04 PM
The only bad match-up for Woz from your long list would be Stosur. Woz has a positive H2H with Kvitova, has beaten Zvonareva in several big tournaments and has won 2 of the last 3 matches with Pova. :weirdo:

I take in account the last meetings so yeah Kvitova, Zvo are a bad matchup for her. I have no problems to say that Azarenka is a bad matchup for Maria while she only lead the H2H 4-3 but lately I have to admit that she really is.

Matt01
Feb 19th, 2012, 09:06 PM
I take in account the last meetings so yeah Kvitova, Zvo are a bad matchup for her.

But as a Sharapova fanboy you are not doing the same re: Pova vs. Woz ?

doomsday
Feb 19th, 2012, 09:07 PM
I think Azarenka is a worse match-up for Stosur than Sharapova becauseMaria's footwork can still be sloppy enough to get caught up in Stosur's improved BH slice and her return reflexes are not as good as Azarenka's, which is pretty vital when returning Stosur's serves. Azarenka also has never lost a set to Stosur (even in their first meeting when Vika was ranked somewhere around 200 and Stosur was a top 50 player), while I think Sharapova has.

I'd also put Wozniacki with Sharapova as nightmare match-ups for Radwanska. Azarenka is also a bad match-up for Bartoli.

Maria beat Stosur in straights even on Stosur's favorite surface. I need to see a meeting between the two of them on clay before putting Vika as THE worst matchup.

doomsday
Feb 19th, 2012, 09:09 PM
Maria is GOAT, well said.

I will try to find a player that Bartoli OWN, I promise but give me more time.:lol:

Stonerpova
Feb 19th, 2012, 09:13 PM
Everyone's a bad match-up for Woz when playing well :lol:

And Sharapova's a good match up for anyone (bar Bartoli and Radwanska) when she's not playing well.

Shonami Slam
Feb 19th, 2012, 09:14 PM
letting aside caro and the debate surrounding maria (again, in every possible thread...)

the fact that the top10 is built upon so many matchups is interesting. seems like there are quite distinct games within the top10 that are tactically not being approuched correctly by the pigioned players.
i guess that makes all of them brainless, regardless of blonde or big hitting.
and they all lack plan B.

great!

doomsday
Feb 19th, 2012, 09:15 PM
But as a Sharapova fanboy you are not doing the same re: Pova vs. Woz ?

I won't go back in 2010 where Sharapova wasn't even in the top 10 :lol:

tejmeglekvár
Feb 19th, 2012, 09:17 PM
OP should watch more tennis instead opening fail threads.

Excelscior
Feb 19th, 2012, 09:18 PM
I guess I'll just toss in my two cents like everyone else.

But I appreciate the time and research you took to do this.

Kvitova smoked Petkovic when they were both in the Brisbane final last year. If I remember correctly, their career record was 2-2 at the time?

Petkovic's last two wins against Petra came during her post Wimby summer slump period. I doubt she has her number. We'll see (if/when Petkovic gets healthy again)?

Some of the other Wozniaki, Sharapova, etc., H2H's were already brought up. I'm sure they'll be more.

Thanks.

Ryan
Feb 19th, 2012, 09:18 PM
Such a stupid list, especially when you have Kvitova and Sharapova as nightmare matches for Woz. Honestly, to be a "nightmare" for anyone you should have won 3+ matches in a row or be down by 3+ matches in the H2H. Otherwise, you're barely a "bad" matchup.

Matt01
Feb 19th, 2012, 09:27 PM
I won't go back in 2010 where Sharapova wasn't even in the top 10 :lol:

Indian Wells. 6:1 6:2.

doomsday
Feb 19th, 2012, 09:31 PM
Indian Wells. 6:1 6:2.

You perfectly know what I meant beside I thought you were a Vika fan now ?!

Charlatan
Feb 19th, 2012, 09:36 PM

i am sorry, but even for a fan like me, that sentence sounds cocky and superfluous. no wonder why she is dragged on most of the threads due to sentences like this by maria fans

Craig.
Feb 19th, 2012, 09:37 PM
I love how you allow yourself to be arrogant/cocky even though Maria just got humiliated in a Slam final. And I say this as a huge Maria fan.

Matt01
Feb 19th, 2012, 09:38 PM
You perfectly know what I meant beside I thought you were a Vika fan now ?!

It is possible to be a fan of more than one player but as Sharapova fanboy that is another thing you don't understand. :awww:

doomsday
Feb 19th, 2012, 09:39 PM
I am not arrogant, I just brought up stats there was a thread not too long ago about top 10 players H2H and Maria had the better record among all of them. It's not my fault if haters can't accept the truth.

Break My Rapture
Feb 19th, 2012, 09:40 PM
I love you allow yourself to be arrogant/cocky even though Maria just got humiliated in a Slam final. And I say this as a huge Maria fan.
You're right.

PetraReeMona
Feb 19th, 2012, 09:43 PM
I am not arrogant, I just brought up stats there was a thread not too long ago about top 10 players H2H and Maria had the better record among all of them. It's not my fault if haters can't accept the truth.

What's the H2H between Maria and the older players i.e. Serena/Venus/ Justine/Kim :confused: - you know when it wasn't "Generation Suck" :)

Craig.
Feb 19th, 2012, 09:45 PM
What's the H2H between Maria and the older players i.e. Serena/Venus/ Justine/Kim :confused: - you know when it wasn't "Generation Suck" :)

11-22.

Mynarco
Feb 19th, 2012, 09:46 PM
Wozniacki is the worst matchup for players if they are not their best. And any player having her A-game on is the worst matchup for Wozniacki. There is no specific top player beating Woz (or being beaten by Woz) so often

PetraReeMona
Feb 19th, 2012, 09:47 PM
11-22.

Cheers Craigster. I suppose he shouldn't really be that cocky then ;)

Craig.
Feb 19th, 2012, 09:48 PM
Wow, I didn't realize it was that bad :o Most of that is Serena's doing though :lol:

doomsday
Feb 19th, 2012, 09:52 PM
Cheers Craigster. I suppose he shouldn't really be that cocky then ;)

I am not cocky but if you want me to be, I would say tell me the other top 10 records against the big 4. :)

Holdsworth
Feb 19th, 2012, 09:54 PM
Wozniacki : Sharapova

Nice joke :worship:

PetraReeMona
Feb 19th, 2012, 09:55 PM
I am not cocky but if you want me to be, I would say tell me the other top 10 records against the big 4. :)

I have better things to do with my time (unlike some). You do it if you want to find out :)

doomsday
Feb 19th, 2012, 09:59 PM
I have better things to do with my time (unlike some). You do it if you want to find out :)

I don't have to, they weren't even good enough to play against them, especially your Petra :lol:

Pump-it-UP
Feb 19th, 2012, 10:00 PM
Azarenka is by far the worst matchup for Stosur. In their 6 meetings, the sets have been 6-1, 6-3, 6-4, 7-6, 6-1, 6-0, 6-2, 6-3, 6-2, 6-2, 6-1, 6-2. :tape: Only once has she even come close to winning a set. Maria has lost 4 sets against Stosur, 2 of which were a breadstick. Not even close to the way that Azarenka dominates her.

PetraReeMona
Feb 19th, 2012, 10:05 PM
I don't have to, they weren't even good enough to play against them, especially your Petra :lol:

So you're saying Serena/Venus/Justine/Kim weren't good enough to play against Sharapova, even though the H2H between them is 11:22 as Craigster said.

Ooooooooooooooooookkkkkkkayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy :rolleyes:

doomsday
Feb 19th, 2012, 10:08 PM
So you're saying Serena/Venus/Justine/Kim weren't good enough to play against Sharapova, even though the H2H between them is 11:22 as Craigster said.

Ooooooooooooooooookkkkkkkayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy :rolleyes:

:facepalm: I'm saying that Petra and Co weren't good enough to play many times against the big 4.:wavey:

PetraReeMona
Feb 19th, 2012, 10:11 PM
:facepalm:

I asked for the H2H - you didn't respond (of course you wouldn't because it turned out to be a real bad losing H2H :tape: ) and then you came in with something totally irrelevant to the conversation and you are the one that's facepalming. :lol:

You so need :help: I almost feel sorry for you.

PetraReeMona
Feb 19th, 2012, 10:13 PM
:facepalm: I'm saying that Petra and Co weren't good enough to play many times against the big 4.:wavey:

How were they supposed to play against the big 4? In their diapers? Most of them are about 21/22 years of age - the big 4 are average 29 yo.

You really do need :help:

Do you say the same thing regarding Martina Navratilova? i.e. the big 4 weren't good enough to play against her :confused:

It's called different generations - tool!

doomsday
Feb 19th, 2012, 10:14 PM
I asked for the H2H - you didn't respond (of course you wouldn't because it turned out to be a real bad losing H2H :tape: ) and then you came in with something totally irrelevant to the conversation and you are the one that's facepalming. :lol:

You so need :help: I almost feel sorry for you.

i didn't respond cause Craigster did it. Now I'm telling you that most of the top 10 weren't good enough to play against the big 4. Maria met them 33 times that's clearly a lot, it's probably as many times as all others top 10 combined.

VishaalMaria
Feb 19th, 2012, 10:15 PM
OP should watch more tennis instead opening fail threads.

THIS! However it is funny to see her make a fool out of herself.

Holdsworth
Feb 19th, 2012, 10:15 PM
better record among all of them. It's not my fault if haters can't accept the truth.
But her career is finishing.. The best years fade away

young_gunner913
Feb 19th, 2012, 10:16 PM
How quickly we forget Sharapova has lost her last 4 matches in a row to Na Li and also went 0-8 in sets.

Madoka
Feb 19th, 2012, 10:20 PM
i guess stosur never won against pennetta..

Marilyn Monheaux
Feb 19th, 2012, 10:21 PM
In case you've been wondering, the Top 10 is a combined 10-39 against Serena... :oh:
Stosur is really the only Top 10 player with a respectable H-2-H (3-4) against her... :o

Ferg
Feb 19th, 2012, 10:25 PM
I will try to find a player that Bartoli OWN, I promise but give me more time.:lol:

Its pretty cute how you made the title so misleading by trying to make it seem about something else but finishing off with basically saying Sharapova owns the most of the top ten out of everyone. Which is stupid of course.

doomsday
Feb 19th, 2012, 10:38 PM
In case you've been wondering, the Top 10 is a combined 10-39 against Serena... :oh:
Stosur is really the only Top 10 player with a respectable H-2-H (3-4) against her... :o

I know, but this is about all players in TOP 10 in case you haven't noticed. Serena isn't in the top 10 ATM.

sammy01
Feb 19th, 2012, 10:47 PM
shame non of that matters when it comes to sharapova in a slam final she becomes a walking bye :tape:

PetraReeMona
Feb 19th, 2012, 10:50 PM
shame non of that matters when it comes to sharapova in a slam final she becomes a walking bye :tape:

plus, it's to players who've never ever been in a slam final :tape: :lol: She's the more experienced and gets trounced by inexperienced first time finalists :lol:

dsanders06
Feb 19th, 2012, 11:05 PM
Azarenka: probably Kvitova
Kvitova: too early to say really... maybe Li Na? Certainly NOT Petkovic :lol:
Sharapova: Li for sure
Wozniacki: I would actually say Azarenka potentially, seeing as she now does the same thing Woz does except a whole lot better...either her or Stosur, because her topspin kicks up way too high to play effective defence against it (as Zvonareva knows)
Stosur: Sharapova without doubt
Radwanska: virtually everyone in the top 10, and that's no exaggeration :lol: Generally, the more powerful the player is, the worse a match-up they are for Agatha (her defence isn't good enough to actually draw loads of errors, on the contrary her balls drop to such a short length at such a comfortable pace that she usually actually grooves the big hitters and gives them time to get their footwork right), so probably Kvitova is the absolute worst.
Bartoli: Azarenka
Zvonareva: Stosur
Li: Stosur
Petkovic: pretty much everyone, but probably especially Woz and Azarenka as they're better versions of her. Maybe Maria purely because, like Radwanska, she's disgusted she ever lost to THAT and consequently determined to kick the shit out of her forevermore.

Break My Rapture
Feb 19th, 2012, 11:09 PM
Stosur is a nightmare match-up for Wozniacki. All the proof you need:

kxEaCjHAmXA

Wozniacki's shots give Stosur plenty of time to run around her BH. Wozniacki's (FH) return doesn't have the skill to take the serve on the rise which is exactly what you need to do to beat Stosur, giving Samantha plenty of sitters to kill with her FH this way. Wozniacka's BH, despite all the praise it gets, is not able to pin Stosur in the BH corner all day like Azarenka does. She also doesn't pressure Stosur and lets her groove into a rhythm and at that point the match is already over.

doomsday
Feb 19th, 2012, 11:15 PM
Dsanders, I can't believe you're the only one who made a list :lol: that was the thread was all about :lol: but apparently people in here are more interested in bashing Sharapova.

jameshazza
Feb 19th, 2012, 11:16 PM
:facepalm: This thread has descended into one hot, hot mess. Instead of bashing Maria you could have just offered your opinions or altered the list.

jameshazza
Feb 19th, 2012, 11:21 PM
Azarenka : Kvitova
Sharapova : Li Na (some obscure mental reason :help:) and Serena obv.
Kvitova : Kvitova and I actually do think Petko is a bad match up for her
Wozniacki : Anyone playing well.
Stosur : Sharapova NID. Sharapova should've won the YEC meeting despite not being able to shuffle. Sam doesn't even try to try anymore.
Radwanska : Sharapova
Bartoli : Radwanska
Zvonareva : Stosur
Na Li : Stosur
Petkovic : Radwanska

Break My Rapture
Feb 19th, 2012, 11:21 PM
Dsanders, I can't believe you're the only one who make a list :lol: that was thread was all about :lol: I should have asked people to do their own list.
Should've been more clear.

Azarenka: Kvitova (used to be Zvonareva but she's gotten over the mental block and is quickly turning the tide on that once 0-6 H2H)
Sharapova: Li
Kvitova: Zvonareva (on outdoor HCs)
Wozniacki: Stosur
Stosur: Azarenka
Radwanska: Kvitova (I don't think Sharapova is necessarily a bad match-up for Agatha, willpower has just gotten her to the lopsided H2H after USO loss)
Bartoli: Sharapova
Petkovic: Radwanska

I tried to limit to one player only, even though there are multiple options for a couple of players.

dsanders06
Feb 19th, 2012, 11:30 PM

kxEaCjHAmXA

Wozniacki's shots give Stosur plenty of time to run around her BH. Wozniacki's (FH) return doesn't have the skill to take the serve on the rise which is exactly what you need to do to beat Stosur, giving Samantha plenty of sitters to kill with her FH this way. Wozniacka's BH, despite all the praise it gets, is not able to pin Stosur in the BH corner all day like Azarenka does. She also doesn't pressure Stosur and lets her groove into a rhythm and at that point the match is already over.

ITA. People here often make the lazy assumption that all ballbashers struggle against great defensive players, but with Stosur it's actually the opposite - her nightmare match-ups are the aggressive, flat-hitting players who don't give her enough time to wind up for her forehand / run round her backhand. Whereas Wozniacki gives her enough time to play the forehands she wants all day, AND in addition those forehands just kick up too high for Wozniacki to do any more than get the tip of her racket on it and plop a short ball back into court. It's the same with Radwanska - it was hilarious watching Stosur tee off on her puffballs in the Toronto semis last year, when everyone was convinced Rad was going to win because of her "amaze" form :happy: I'd be surprised if she ever lost to either of them away from grass. And of course, who can forget her morale-destroying demolition of Jankovic in the '10 RG semis?

Brad[le]y.
Feb 20th, 2012, 12:09 AM
Should've been more clear.

Azarenka: Kvitova (used to be Zvonareva but she's gotten over the mental block and is quickly turning the tide on that once 0-6 H2H)
Sharapova: Li
Kvitova: Zvonareva (on outdoor HCs)
Wozniacki: Stosur
Stosur: Azarenka
Radwanska: Kvitova (I don't think Sharapova is necessarily a bad match-up for Agatha, willpower has just gotten her to the lopsided H2H after USO loss)
Bartoli: Sharapova

I tried to limit to one player only, even though there are multiple options for a couple of players.

Good list, but I would put Li instead of Zvonareva for Kvitova

MakarovaFan
Feb 20th, 2012, 12:13 AM
11-22.
Considering Maria is, by many, no where near the "big 4", that 11-22 is actually quite respectable and near where near the fail many of you attempted to make it.....i love it when someone's smarky posts backfire,score!!

And fyi
"Azarenka is by far the worst matchup for Stosur. In their 6 meetings, the sets have been 6-1, 6-3, 6-4, 7-6, 6-1, 6-0, 6-2, 6-3, 6-2, 6-2, 6-1, 6-2. :tape: Only once has she even come close to winning (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=454224&page=3#) a set. Maria has lost 4 sets against Stosur, 2 of which were a breadstick. Not even close to the way that Azarenka dominates her."

Maria has lost 4 sets to Stosur but she had also played 4...FOUR more matches:rolleyes:;Maria has given Sam 5 breadstick sets, a bagel and 3 62 sets plus she straight setted her on Sam's own surface,Clay :confused:. After the four sets(in 22!!) Maria lost, Stosur has only 4 times even gotten more than 3 games......lmao. And that one win, Maria was playing on a bad ankle, and still almost took that second set.

Petronius
Feb 20th, 2012, 12:23 AM
Azarenka : Kvitova (4 losses in a row now)
Sharapova : Azarenka, well since she is the n1 it's not a big deal.:lol:
Kvitova : Petkovic (won 4 of the last 5 meetings in straights sets :help:)
Wozniacki : Sharapova, Kvitova, Stosur, Zvonareva, Na Li :lol::lol::lol:
Stosur : Sharapova ( Stosur won ONE match after 9 beatdowns so I choose Maria over Vika) Vika beat her "only" six times but she is probably be the next worst matchup for Stosur.
Radwanska : Sharapova (won the last 6 matches since Aga's comments after the US meeting in 2007 :devil:)
Bartoli : Radwanska (only won 1 set in 6 meetings) :tape::tape::tape:
Zvonareva : Stosur (she won the last 8 meetings :tape:)
Na Li : Stosur ( 0-6 won only 1 set in 6 meetings :o)
Petkovic : Radwanska (never won a single match in six meetings)

LOL, now I get it why you were so upset about the "Sharapova may not be able to keep up" thread :lol:

Excelscior
Feb 20th, 2012, 12:33 AM
Good list, but I would put Li instead of Zvonareva for Kvitova

I know what you mean (especially since Petra beat Vera Z in their most recent match), and I think Petra leads now in the head to head.

But Li Na got blitzed by Petra in Madrid, then won her last two matches against Petra after getting blitzed in the first set; losing in the second or third set, then waiting for Petra to have a dip before she made miraculous comebacks.

I'm not sure if she would be the best example, especially with a scant 2-1 career record against Petra, with the bad starts Na's had in every match? But it's proven she's definitely someone Petra can't sleep on. It's the same with Vera Z. But I guess we gotta pick somebody? Shrugs?

The good thing with Petra, even at this young stage in her career (to my knowledge), she has no one that definitively owns her (and she's bettering the records against people that have lead her from the past, that she's played recently). We'll see?

Petronius
Feb 20th, 2012, 12:34 AM

Really? Caroline didn't look like she was tanking that Hopman Cup match. It was a high-intensity clash in an arena full of people and both players clearly wanted to win. Thus, the real H2H is 3-3.

The Kaz
Feb 20th, 2012, 12:36 AM
Wow bias much :lol:

The Kaz
Feb 20th, 2012, 12:38 AM
Stosur is the most polarising figure in the top 10.

Is a nightmare for Li (6-0), Wozniacki (3-2), Zvonareva (8-2) and Radwanska (2-1) :drool:

Is a pigeon for Sharapova (1-9), Kvitova (0-3), Azarenka (0-6) :facepalm:

The only 2 people she is somewhat neutral to is Bartoli (3-3) and Petkovic (0-0) :o

Cajka
Feb 20th, 2012, 12:40 AM
Azarenka: Kvitova
Sharapova: Azarenka and Li
Kvitova: Li
Wozniacki: Li :shrug: more than Sam IMO
Sam: Azarenka and Sharapova, Azarenka even more, she's totally helpless when she plays against her
Radwanska: Woz
Bartoli: Azarenka, Radwanska and Sharapova
Zvonareva: Sam
Na Li: Sam

Vikapower
Feb 20th, 2012, 12:41 AM
Kirilenko doesn't get mentioned when speaking of bad match ups for Stosur, I'm certain she did some things recently to get at least that honor IMO.

Craig.
Feb 20th, 2012, 12:41 AM
Considering Maria is, by many, no where near the "big 4", that 11-22 is actually quite respectable and near where near the fail many of you attempted to make it.....i love it when someone's smarky posts backfire,score!!

And fyi
"Azarenka is by far the worst matchup for Stosur. In their 6 meetings, the sets have been 6-1, 6-3, 6-4, 7-6, 6-1, 6-0, 6-2, 6-3, 6-2, 6-2, 6-1, 6-2. :tape: Only once has she even come close to winning (http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=454224&page=3#) a set. Maria has lost 4 sets against Stosur, 2 of which were a breadstick. Not even close to the way that Azarenka dominates her."

Maria has lost 4 sets to Stosur but she had also played 4...FOUR more matches:rolleyes:;Maria has given Sam 5 breadstick sets, a bagel and 3 62 sets plus she straight setted her on Sam's own surface,Clay :confused:. After the four sets(in 22!!) Maria lost, Stosur has only 4 times even gotten more than 3 games......lmao. And that one win, Maria was playing on a bad ankle, and still almost took that second set.

Huh? My post wasn't ''snarky''. I'm a Maria fan, in case you didn't know :lol: Someone asked and I let them know. And yeah, 11-22 isn't AWFUL, but I thought it'd be better.

Cajka
Feb 20th, 2012, 12:48 AM
Kirilenko doesn't get mentioned when speaking of bad match ups for Stosur, I'm certain she did some things recently to get at least that honor IMO.

Flavia has a more impressive h2h against Sam. Petrova used to be a bad match up for Sam for a long time.

Excelscior
Feb 20th, 2012, 12:48 AM
Stosur is the most polarising figure iin the top.

Is a nightmare for Li (6-0), Wozniacki (3-2), Zvonareva (8-2) and Radwanska (2-1)

Is a pigeon for Sharapova (1-9), Kvitova (0-3), Azarenka (0-6)

The only 2 people she is somewhat neutral to in Bartoli (3-3) and Petkovic (0-0) :o

This is soooooo funny, but undeniably true. Lol

Matt01
Feb 20th, 2012, 12:51 AM
Really? Caroline didn't look like she was tanking that Hopman Cup match. It was a high-intensity clash in an arena full of people and both players clearly wanted to win. Thus, the real H2H is 3-3.

Hopclown Cup is an EXHIBITION.

The Kaz
Feb 20th, 2012, 01:30 AM
Sharapova : Li Na (some obscure mental reason :help:) and Serena obv.
Kvitova : Kvitova and I actually do think Petko is a bad match up for her
Wozniacki : Anyone playing well.
Stosur : Sharapova NID. Sharapova should've won the YEC meeting despite not being able to shuffle. Sam doesn't even try to try anymore.
Radwanska : Sharapova
Zvonareva : Stosur

Sam won 61 75 and you think Maria should of won the match? :cuckoo: :crazy:

jameshazza
Feb 20th, 2012, 01:33 AM
Sam won 61 75 and you think Maria should of won the match? :cuckoo: :crazy:

She should've have won that 2nd set which in effect, knowing Sam's head and Masha's 3 set record, would have been the match.

sammy01
Feb 20th, 2012, 02:11 AM

don't worry matty, caro wont be making the same mistake of playing an exho when there is a premier tournament to whore next year, she needs all the points she can get :hug:

young_gunner913
Feb 20th, 2012, 02:13 AM

Hopman Cup is Wimbledon of Exhibitions and NOT to be taken lightly!

http://i41.tinypic.com/efoznk.jpg

Matt01
Feb 20th, 2012, 02:18 AM
don't worry matty, caro wont be making the same mistake of playing an exho when there is a premier tournament to whore next year, she needs all the points she can get :hug:

Your obsession and hating on Caro isn't healthy. If I were you, I would rather care about Anna Jokevetadze and Fiona "soon to be retired" Clijsters :hug:

sammy01
Feb 20th, 2012, 02:22 AM
Your obsession and hating on Caro isn't healthy. If I were you, I would rather care about Anna Jokevetadze and Fiona "soon to be retired" Clijsters :hug:

awesome name calling to make fun of my faves, well done :tape:

The Dawntreader
Feb 20th, 2012, 02:39 AM
Stosur- Venus, Pova, Azarenka
Li- Stosur
Radwanska- Woz
Bartoli- Zvonareva, Radwanska
Zvonareva- Stosur, Venus

Matt01
Feb 20th, 2012, 02:41 AM

You never miss an opportunity to make fun of Caro so I'm just giving you a taste of your own medicine. Didn't know that you are so sensitive :lol:

young_gunner913
Feb 20th, 2012, 02:48 AM

At least Jokevetadze is finally catching on. :oh:

The Dawntreader
Feb 20th, 2012, 02:51 AM
At least Jokevetadze is finally catching on. :oh:

Well there's enough of it on show these days :oh:

BepaMaria
Feb 20th, 2012, 03:38 AM
Well any ballbasher/aggressive player would be a bad matchup for Wozniacki as when they are playing well and firing on all cylinders, Wozniacki's defense is rendered to nothing and she has absolutely no plan B or other solution to counter that problem. However, Kuznetsova would be excluded:facepalm:

Having said that, the worst match-up for Pushniacki would be Venus Williams(0 sets won in 4 meetings) and maybe Lisicki(leads their h2h 2-1 with the one loss being a tight 3-setter when she was ranked 194)

SwingVolley93
Feb 20th, 2012, 03:38 AM

kxEaCjHAmXA

God Woz's game used to be so much more impressive. :facepalm:

BepaMaria
Feb 20th, 2012, 03:41 AM
Stosur- Venus, Pova, Azarenka
Li- Stosur
Radwanska- Woz
Bartoli- Zvonareva, Radwanska
Zvonareva- Stosur, Venus

You can add Pennetta and Aga as well:facepalm:

The Dawntreader
Feb 20th, 2012, 03:42 AM
You can add Pennetta and Aga as well:facepalm:

Do it yourself:lol:

JRena
Feb 20th, 2012, 03:45 AM
Azarenka: Serena
Sharapova: Serena
Kvitova: Serena
Wozniacki: her forehand
Sam: herself?
Radwanska: anyone that can hit and make their own pace
Bartoli: Bakeries
Zvonareva: see stosur, zvonareva ever run out of rackets in a match?
Na Li: the chinese crowd
Petkovic: prob droppin it low too much for her back.

Stonerpova
Feb 20th, 2012, 04:05 AM
Azarenka: Serena
Sharapova: Serena
Kvitova: Serena
Wozniacki: her forehand
Sam: herself?
Radwanska: anyone that can hit and make their own pace
Bartoli: Bakeries
Zvonareva: see stosur, zvonareva ever run out of rackets in a match?
Na Li: the chinese crowd
Petkovic: prob droppin it low too much for her back.

:spit:

But how is Kvitova's worst matchup Serena? They have yet to play since Petra became a top player. Petra's worst match-up is clearly a court without a roof.

SwingVolley93
Feb 20th, 2012, 04:13 AM
The Real List
Sharapova : Azarenka
Kvitova : Petkovic
Wozniacki :Kvitova, Stosur,Na Li
Stosur : Sharapova Vika
Radwanska : Sharapova, Kvitova, Wozniacki
Zvonareva : Stosur, Radwanska

Aryman3
Feb 20th, 2012, 04:31 AM
Dsanders is just pathetic in his underestimation of Radwanska
If she's so helpless againt top players why she's regularly winning sets against Sharapova, Azarenka, Stosur..
Why 22 wins against top-10 players
I will cite your comments each time she will win against top big-basher

Charlatan
Feb 20th, 2012, 04:39 AM
If she's so helpless againt top players why she's regularly winning sets against Sharapova, Azarenka, Stosur..

:lol::lol::lol:

doomsday
Feb 20th, 2012, 07:15 AM

Well Kiri isn't in the top 10 and she prolly never will be. This is a thing between top 10 players otherwise I would have included Serena almost everywhere.:lol:

doomsday
Feb 20th, 2012, 07:18 AM
LOL, now I get it why you were so upset about the "Sharapova may not be able to keep up" thread :lol:

Will you give me a break?:o

sammy01
Feb 20th, 2012, 07:27 AM
You never miss an opportunity to make fun of Caro so I'm just giving you a taste of your own medicine. Didn't know that you are so sensitive :lol:

i never call caro the awkward, deaf talking, huge foreheaded, spaz she comes across as :kiss:

Chrissie-fan
Feb 20th, 2012, 09:46 AM
It was an exhibition, but one where as you say both played to win. It was an exhibition played with the intensity of an official match. As a result Kvitova fans include it in the h2h because their favorite won it while Wozniacki fans don't because it was an exhibition. If Wozniacki had won it her fans would have included it in the h2h and Kvitova fans wouldn't have. Personally I don't include it in the official h2h because it WAS officially an exhibition, but I see it as a legitimate win for Kvitova because they made it a real match and not the type of exhibition where they are both just clowning around a bit.

NeKo
Feb 20th, 2012, 10:25 AM
Kvitova - Dulgheru

tejmeglekvár
Feb 20th, 2012, 11:34 AM
Stosur is the most polarising figure in the top 10.

Is a nightmare for Li (6-0), Wozniacki (3-2), Zvonareva (8-2) and Radwanska (2-1) :drool:

Is a pigeon for Sharapova (1-9), Kvitova (0-3), Azarenka (0-6) :facepalm:

The only 2 people she is somewhat neutral to is Bartoli (3-3) and Petkovic (0-0) :o

so a 3-2 and 2-1 is nightmare... but a 3-3 is neutral? :spit: this is like vikapower´s math skills.

Shivank17
Feb 20th, 2012, 02:37 PM
Sharapova ain't a bad match up for the Woz.
Its the other way round.

Sharapova is a bad match up for Marion as well . IMO.

dsanders06
Feb 20th, 2012, 07:59 PM

Because like I said, she grooves them. She's often solid enough to take the first set against the ballbashers if they come in not really feeling it, but she consistently feeds them with such a consistent and comfortable rhythm and pace that, eventually, they invariably adjust and get their footwork right and usually close out the match against her in the manner of a hitting practice. Watch her YEC match against Petra: at first, Petra's concentration was all over the place and Radwanska was solid and stingy enough to take advantage; but as soon as Petra started moving her feet and getting her mind focussed, Radwanska was helpless.

You'll be waiting a long time.

doomsday
Feb 20th, 2012, 08:06 PM
Because like I said, she grooves them. She's often solid enough to take the first set against the ballbashers if they come in not really feeling it, but she consistently feeds them with such a consistent and comfortable rhythm and pace that, eventually, they invariably adjust and get their footwork right and usually close out the match against her in the manner of a hitting practice.

You'll be waiting a long time.

Perfect exemple was against Sharapova in Stanford in 2010. In the first set Maria was just having fun and lost 6-1 she regrouped and won the last two sets fairly easily 2 and 2 :lol: even though Aga had won the first set 6-1 you just knew that Maria was going to find her rhythm and hit her off the court :lol:

3O2Lzv0rFBc

love Maria's reaction during the handshake meaning I let you win the first set :lol:

dsanders06
Feb 20th, 2012, 08:10 PM
I think their RG match last year was even more hilarious....Maria being so utterly convinced that she was going to win the match in straight sets no matter what that sheshe figured she may as well try rushing to the net on every alternate point and have a go at some touch volleys :happy:

Stonerpova
Feb 20th, 2012, 08:14 PM
I think their RG match last year was even more hilarious....Maria being so utterly convinced that she was going to win the match in straight sets no matter what that sheshe figured she may as well try rushing to the net on every alternate point and have a go at some touch volleys :happy:

:lol: that match was so frustrating for me because Maria hadn't been to a GS QF in two years and I felt like she was dicking around for most of the first set.

SwingVolley93
Feb 20th, 2012, 08:33 PM
Maria fans :help:
Act as if every time she plays Aga it's a walk in the park...
Go get some sense..:spit:

longtin23
Feb 21st, 2012, 01:46 PM
Li Na is crashing Maria nowadays... I mean the new NaNa
She wins 4 in a row from 09 Birmingham...

Craig.
Feb 21st, 2012, 04:43 PM

Aga's GOAT of course :rocker2:

Stonerpova
Feb 21st, 2012, 04:47 PM

Not a walk in the park, but the result is NID these days.

justineheninfan
Feb 21st, 2012, 05:00 PM
Li Na is crashing Maria nowadays... I mean the new NaNa
She wins 4 in a row from 09 Birmingham...

Na was crushing Azarenka for a bit too, but she has already lost her hold on that rivalry.

Passierschlag
Mar 11th, 2012, 02:06 PM
Azarenka is capable of turning around that head-t-head with Kvitova.

madmax
Mar 11th, 2012, 02:11 PM
Azarenka is capable of turning around that head-t-head with Kvitova.

only on slow hardcourts like IW, Miami or AO ones...her shots sit up too much on clay for true big hitters and on fast indoor courts and grass she can be easily outhit.

machinist
Mar 26th, 2012, 05:10 PM
Azarenka can turn around any negative head-t-head.

doomsday
Mar 26th, 2012, 05:14 PM
Azarenka can turn around any negative head-t-head.

NO.

Petronius
Mar 26th, 2012, 05:24 PM
NO.

I agree. I actually expect another Vika beatdown at the hands of Petra on clay and grass when Petra is finally fit and healthy.

Hope that Maria will do the same ;)

2Black
Mar 26th, 2012, 05:34 PM
One of the worst threads in TF history! :lol:

doomsday
Mar 26th, 2012, 06:00 PM
One of the worst threads in TF history! :lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: I have to say you made me laugh really hard :lol::lol::lol: come on Maria 5-4.

fufuqifuqishahah
Mar 26th, 2012, 06:22 PM
this is clearly a maria masturbation/diss thread

Matt01
Mar 26th, 2012, 06:52 PM
I agree. I actually expect another Vika beatdown at the hands of Petra on clay and grass when Petra is finally fit and healthy.

Whatever makes you sleep at night.
One thing is for sure: Vika will never get a chance to turn around the H2H on HC because Petra won't make it far enough to meet her. :tape: