PDA

View Full Version : A question to Azarenka bashers

Young 8
Feb 18th, 2012, 06:34 PM
Can someone explain me why a player should fake an injury up 6-2 *1-0 against an inferior opponent ?

Regards

Noctis
Feb 18th, 2012, 06:39 PM
My favourite lost your favourite cheated
Your favourite beat my favourite all the time,so I say she faked it
I dont like her because I hate everybody,so she faked it.

pov
Feb 18th, 2012, 07:28 PM
Are there really people who think Azarenka was faking?

Talula
Feb 18th, 2012, 07:34 PM
Are there really people who think Azarenka was faking?

Frighteningly there are some in another thread!:help::scared:

bbjpa
Feb 18th, 2012, 07:36 PM
I'm amazed Retirenka didn't show up :eek:

flareon
Feb 18th, 2012, 07:38 PM
^ Shes number 1 now and she has a new mentality now plus she also knew that bartoli had retired and wanted to give the crowd a match otherwise it would of been two retirements its very good fighting spirit and positivness from a her. I do not particularly like azarenka I think shes a bit arrogant but does have a nice personality of court and today she has shown try grit and determination with the injury and fighting on.

Tennisation
Feb 18th, 2012, 07:40 PM
Why would she retire? She's on a mission to do a Djoko this year.

SVK
Feb 18th, 2012, 07:41 PM
I noticed people here and on MTF too believe player is faking an injury when (s)he is not playing on a wheelchair or at least retiring afterwards, regardless the score... so actually player is always faking when there is no sign of limitation after the MTO despite the fact that injury timeout is there for healing the injury not for making it worse.

miffedmax
Feb 18th, 2012, 07:57 PM
Are you implying that the tour trainers are professionals who are actually comptetent in their field?

This is madness, madness I say!

dsanders06
Feb 18th, 2012, 08:20 PM
:facepalm: Are people here really incapable of debating without attacking strawmen?

No-one (well, apart from maybe a few Radwanska fanboys) is suggesting she faked the injury (as in, that she faked that fall and/or didn't hurt herself at all). The point is that she was probably being a hypochondriac and overreacting, and that most other players in the top 10 would probably have just got on with it with minimal fuss after getting it strapped up, and would've not done the constant grimacing and had such a drama-queen reaction right at the end of the match, for such a (in all likelihood) relatively minor injury.

bobito
Feb 18th, 2012, 08:24 PM
^ Shes number 1 now and she has a new mentality now plus she also knew that bartoli had retired and wanted to give the crowd a match otherwise it would of been two retirements its very good fighting spirit and positivness from a her. I do not particularly like azarenka I think shes a bit arrogant but does have a nice personality of court and today she has shown try grit and determination with the injury and fighting on.

Sorry but I find that hard to believe. The tank against Bartoli at the WTA Championship shows how little respect Azarenka has for the paying public.

The OP is right though. It is absurd to suggest that a player leading by a set and 1-0 would fake an injury. Nothing to gain by it.

flareon
Feb 18th, 2012, 08:26 PM
Sorry but I find that hard to believe. The tank against Bartoli at the WTA Championship shows howlittle respect Azarenka has for the paying public.

Well maybe but at least that match was finished and lasted a long time...
but Its just what I believe anyways.

Excelscior
Feb 18th, 2012, 08:26 PM
:facepalm: Are people here really incapable of debating without attacking strawmen?

No-one (well, apart from maybe a few Radwanska fanboys) is suggesting she faked the injury (as in, that she faked that fall and/or didn't hurt herself at all). The point is that she was probably being a hypochondriac and overreacting, and that most other players in the top 10 would probably have just got on with it with minimal fuss after getting it strapped up, and would've not done the constant grimacing and had such a drama-queen reaction right at the end of the match, for such a (in all likelihood) relatively minor injury.

This.

Was it that hard for people to understand?

pov
Feb 18th, 2012, 08:35 PM
The point is that she was probably being a hypochondriac and overreacting, and that most other players in the top 10 would probably have just got on with it with minimal fuss after getting it strapped up, and would've not done the constant grimacing and had such a drama-queen reaction right at the end of the match, for such a (in all likelihood) relatively minor injury.
Really? If you do some searching on this board you'll find that this sort of stuff (faking, over-dramatizing, whatever) has at some point been said here about almost every player in the top 20.

SwingVolley93
Feb 18th, 2012, 08:35 PM

No-one (well, apart from maybe a few Ratwanska fanboys) is suggesting she faked the injury (as in, that she faked that fall and/or didn't hurt herself at all). The point is that she was probably being a hypochondriac and overreacting, and that most other players in the top 10 would probably have just got on with it with minimal fuss after getting it strapped up, and would've not done the constant grimacing and had such a drama-queen reaction right at the end of the match, for such a (in all likelihood) relatively minor injury.

Thank you.

asmad77
Feb 18th, 2012, 08:44 PM

No-one (well, apart from maybe a few Ratwanska fanboys) is suggesting she faked the injury (as in, that she faked that fall and/or didn't hurt herself at all). The point is that she was probably being a hypochondriac and overreacting, and that most other players in the top 10 would probably have just got on with it with minimal fuss after getting it strapped up, and would've not done the constant grimacing and had such a drama-queen reaction right at the end of the match, for such a (in all likelihood) relatively minor injury.

Azarenka was faking the injury, and write correctly Radwanska not Ratwanska unless, stupid, irronic person.

flareon
Feb 18th, 2012, 08:47 PM
Azarenka was faking the injury, and write correctly Radwanska not Ratwanska unless, stupid, irronic person.

Prove how she faked it? Also why would you risk getting taped up it does not make sense to fake it the strapping can hamper you sometimes.

Sammo
Feb 18th, 2012, 08:59 PM
She's a spoiled moody bratty bitch with a one-dimensional boring game.

But it would be lame to say that she faked that injury :lol:

asmad77
Feb 18th, 2012, 09:11 PM
Prove how she faked it? Also why would you risk getting taped up it does not make sense to fake it the strapping can hamper you sometimes.

Ok, I can explain this - becuse she has a emotional problems? maybe she wanted to make a show - how heroic is she? this is actress - I dont know for what - but people with emotional problems has like this sometimes.

flareon
Feb 18th, 2012, 09:13 PM
Ok, I can explain this - becuse she has a emotional problems? maybe she wanted to make a show - how heroic is she? this is actress - I dont know for what - but people with emotional problems has like this sometimes.

Ok, But why do it in this match would you of said this if she had done this against Barthel, Halep, Wickmayer for example?

Jane Lane
Feb 18th, 2012, 09:15 PM

:spit:

http://ihasahotdog.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/funny-dog-pictures-not-sure-if-trolling-or-just-stupid.jpg

Kworb
Feb 18th, 2012, 09:15 PM

Exactly. How anyone can like Azarenka is beyond me. She has absolutely no redeeming qualities. There is just nothing there to like or enjoy. Zilch.

Brad[le]y.
Feb 18th, 2012, 09:18 PM
Exactly. How anyone can like Azarenka is beyond me. She has absolutely no redeeming qualities. There is just nothing there to like or enjoy. Zilch.
:hearts:

you don't post on here enough anyone, shame :sad:

JCTennisFan
Feb 18th, 2012, 09:18 PM
A question to Azarenka Fanboys..... "Where were most of you 4 months ago?"

BluSthil
Feb 18th, 2012, 09:19 PM
People who are Azarenka bashers either don't like her (for whatever reason), or they are jealous that she has found her 'groove' and will challenge anybody playing right now. If her injuries can be kept to a minimum, she has the grit, the fitness, and the confidence to go deep this year.

flareon
Feb 18th, 2012, 09:23 PM

She Has nice eyes...

I am not an azarenka fan but I get annoyed when people called someone a faker for an injury it may of not been severe but I have rolled an ankle and I know what its like, 5 months of the season I missed last year, meaning I could not defend the mixed doubles title me and my partner won and I could not play in the mens singles and its horrible and I would never wish an injury on anyone, if Vika is truley faking I have lost all respect for her but I very much doubt she is and I hope its not too bad.

tejmeglekvár
Feb 18th, 2012, 09:25 PM
cmon, this is the same board called Wozniacki´s cramping plain acting. Of course they will think Vika was faking. :spit:

miffedmax
Feb 18th, 2012, 09:35 PM
It's an amazing group. All of them are psychic M.D.s who can accurately diagnose a player's physical and psychological state from thousands of miles away.

stromatolite
Feb 18th, 2012, 09:41 PM
Wow, I'm amazed how quickly the hounddogs have descended on Vika. Just a week ago she was flavour of the month, now someone concocts a frankly bizarre story about faking an injury while she was getting so little resistance from her opponent that the biggest threat to her winning the match was that she might fall asleep between the change of ends and get defaulted on a time penalty, and dozens of trolls jump on the bandwagon. But the funniest of all are those who concede that the injury was genuine, but think that it makes sense to suggest that she was dramatizing it's severity. For what possible purpose????

asmad77
Feb 18th, 2012, 09:42 PM
:spit:

http://ihasahotdog.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/funny-dog-pictures-not-sure-if-trolling-or-just-stupid.jpg

my godness how people stupid are....this is picture of u? nice...p.s i dont polemic with u, so what for are u getting in??

bobito
Feb 18th, 2012, 09:43 PM
She Has nice eyes...

I am not an azarenka fan but I get annoyed when people called someone a faker for an injury it may of not been severe but I have rolled an ankle and I know what its like, 5 months of the season I missed last year, meaning I could not defend the mixed doubles title me and my partner won and I could not play in the mens singles and its horrible and I would never wish an injury on anyone, if Vika is truley faking I have lost all respect for her but I very much doubt she is and I hope its not too bad.

Other than at the very start of the season, I imagine players are almost always carrying a small injury of some kind or other. So it's not really a question of faking an injury but of calling a trainer when one is not absolutely required. Certainly there are more instances of players calling trainers when they are behind than when they are in front. Sometimes that is pure coincidence, sometimes the player is behind because of the injury but I don't doubt there are occasions when the timing of a MTO is aimed at upsetting the rhythm of the opponent. Nadal calling for the trainer to adjust the dressing on a blister on his foot before Federer served for the 1st set in the final of Roland Garros last year was pure gamesmanship.

But, once again, the suggestion that a player would do it when leading a set and a break, as Azarenka was, is ridiculous.

DemiCrayanhan
Feb 18th, 2012, 09:44 PM
i'm not surprised one bit. the hater's path is pretty clear.

an already biased hater + no clear moment of injury on replay (turned ankle, etc) + hated player continues to kick major ass while injured - basic common sense = she must be faking it

flareon
Feb 18th, 2012, 09:48 PM
Other than at the very start of the season, I imagine players are almost always carrying a small injury of some kind or other. So it's not really a question of faking an injury but of calling a trainer when one is not absolutely required. Certainly there are more instances of players calling trainers when they are behind than when they are in front. Sometimes that is pure coincidence, sometimes the player is behind because of the injury but I don't doubt there are occasions when the timing of a MTO is aimed at upsetting the rhythm of the opponent. Nadal calling for the trainer to adjust the dressing on a blister on his foot before Federer served for the 1st set in the final of Roland Garros last year was pure gamesmanship.

But, once again, the suggestion that a player would do it when leading a set and a break, as Azarenka was, is ridiculous.

I have to agree with you. Because it does happen and it is so wrong because its gamesmanship, but Azarenka was thrashing radwanska so it was definately not a ploy to ruin her rythme, but some people cannot grasp the fact of this.

asmad77
Feb 18th, 2012, 09:50 PM
Ok, But why do it in this match would you of said this if she had done this against Barthel, Halep, Wickmayer for example?

Ok, , I dont like this kind of people like Azarenka, for mi is a show not sport - ,, Heroic,, Azarenka - its sounds good;)maybe she needs more admire? ok something with her is wrong mentially. But ok she is the number one - and she is playing very well and people needs figherts like she is:)Espiecially with enjuries;)

flareon
Feb 18th, 2012, 09:51 PM
Ok, , I dont like this kind of people like Azarenka, for mi is a show not sport - ,, Heroic,, Azarenka - its sounds good;)maybe she needs more admire? ok something with her is wrong mentially. But ok she is the number one - and she is playing very well and people needs figherts like she is:)Espiecially with enjuries;)

Ok so its more to do with the fact that you are not a fan of azarenka anyway.

NeKo
Feb 18th, 2012, 09:56 PM

What? Okay, it doesn't matter what happened today, Azarenka trashed Aga, but, I still have a question about Aga:

http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lygyz7lC741qieq1ao1_500.gif

Why are we keeping this conversation ? Haters gonna hate. Azarenka was 6-1, 1-0*, why would she fake an injury? I don't get it and I think neither do the haters.

Chakvenus
Feb 18th, 2012, 10:02 PM
Dear I think Aga's in Dubai now, not Poland. But good try.

Anyway, yes one would have to be lunatic to think that Vika faked an injury. I agree completely with dsanders in that most of the hate stemmed from potential melodramatics. And likewise, I think it's lunatic for anyone to think that Aga and Vika's friendship is going to take some unholy spiral downward now after that handshake. Aga played awful and was clearly pissed, Vika definitely knew that too despite the fact that she herself was playing incredibly well. I can almost guarantee that by now Aga's apologized in some way for her rude behavior.

SwingVolley93
Feb 18th, 2012, 10:06 PM
A question to Azarenka Fanboys..... "Where were most of you 4 months ago?"

Exactly this. :oh:

pov
Feb 18th, 2012, 11:37 PM
Azarenka was faking the injury,
How astute of you. You're absolutely correct. In fact - based on the testimony of various posters here - it's apparent that every time a player seems to get injured they're faking it. I guess it's a "good" thing that no real injuries happen during matches.

PetraReeMona
Feb 19th, 2012, 12:52 AM

Because the crowd initially were routing/cheering for Radwanska. I can see what that poster means. If she could "act" the hero, then she could get the crowd on her side, which she did (which is very rare for Vika).

I'm not saying she faked her injury, it just wasn't as bad as she made it out to be. She very rarely falls over and I think it was a shock to her that she fell over and it was embarrassing, so she made a "mountain out of a molehill". That's why she reminds me of Djokovic - they have similar patterns to them - both disliked by the public for their on-court behaviour and both over-dramatising on court :shrug:

That's my take on it.

BillFromRichmond
Feb 19th, 2012, 12:53 AM
Amazing... At 6-2 4-2 love 30 on Aga's serve, she runs up to hit a drop shot and then has to HOBBLE to the end line chasing Aga's lob and people think she is faking???????

VIKA IS THE BEST!!!!

Noctis
Feb 19th, 2012, 12:54 AM
It is stupid to fake an injury when your winning so easily.

Excelscior
Feb 19th, 2012, 01:11 AM
I have to agree with you. Because it does happen and it is so wrong because its gamesmanship, but Azarenka was thrashing radwanska so it was definately not a ploy to ruin her rythme, but some people cannot grasp the fact of this.

I don't think the more rational of us are saying she faked the injury. Of course she fell by accident. And of course she was hoping/trying to make sure it wouldn't happen again (with the wrapping of her ankle and the concern on her face). That's understandable.

What some are saying though, is that she exaggerated the extent of the injury in how she limped around the court and carried herself after, etc.

Now of course, anyone that twisted or sprained their ankle would be concerned and test it out on court (and/or play on adrenaline as it's been mentioned). Absolutely. I'm not going analyze Vika's personality, childishness, facial expressions or anything else, as others did. I'll stop here. And I also agree Aga was awful, and couldn't take advantage. But to repeat; based off of how Vika ran down balls, some doubt the extent of Vika's injury and her related on court demeanor (not the injury itself).

I guess with Vika's history, she doesn't get the mulligan as others would in this situation??

hERi
Feb 19th, 2012, 02:27 AM
The haters are nervous now..that's why they are attacking Vika from any aspects..poor you guys

Mary Cherry.
Feb 19th, 2012, 02:31 AM
Are you implying that the tour trainers are professionals who are actually comptetent in their field?

This is madness, madness I say!

Apparently there's these things called painkillers that supposedly kill the pain.

Who knew?

http://i.imgur.com/aJo1l.gif

Jane Lane
Feb 19th, 2012, 02:33 AM
Apparently there's these things called painkillers that supposedly kill the pain.

Who knew?

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lz15qgKP5B1qkcttq.gif

Chrissie-fan
Feb 19th, 2012, 02:35 AM
Can someone explain me why a player should fake an injury up 6-2 *1-0 against an inferior opponent ?

Regards
It's GM. Those who come up with that type of nonsense don't really believe it
themselves. They just hope it will get under other people's skins.

dsanders06
Feb 19th, 2012, 04:16 AM

Who knew?

And yet she was still fighting back tears and grimacing and acting like she was in a world of pain the entire time despite said painkillers :scratch:

Harju.
Feb 19th, 2012, 04:38 AM
And yet she was still fighting back tears and grimacing and acting like she was in a world of pain the entire time despite said painkillers :scratch:
You do know that pain killer is to relieve the pain, right? It doesn't miraculously heal the pain.

http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lys5pxxKl81qii7ero1_400.gif

Bronx19
Feb 19th, 2012, 04:43 AM
Vika is a sook, harden up, like your face.

Tennisation
Feb 19th, 2012, 05:06 AM
And yet she was still fighting back tears and grimacing and acting like she was in a world of pain the entire time despite said painkillers :scratch:OMG who knew that painkillers don't kick in immediately, it takes at least 15 mins for it to get absorbed from the lumen into the the blood circulation.

Lord Choc Ice
Feb 19th, 2012, 05:23 AM
Why are people complaining so much? She beat that bitter unattrctive shrew.

For the record I don't think she cheated, at least not intentionally.

SwingVolley93
Feb 19th, 2012, 06:09 AM
Why are people complaining so much? She beat that bitter unattrctive shrew.

For the record I don't think she cheated, at least not intentionally.

So you think Aga is an unattractive shrew? Lets see a picture of you...:lol:
Also, talk shit once you earn even half the money she has. :oh:
So pathetic. :lol:

Lord Choc Ice
Feb 19th, 2012, 06:21 AM
So you think Aga is an unattractive shrew? Lets see a picture of you...:lol:
Also, talk shit once you earn even half the money she has. :oh:
So pathetic. :lol:
Take a chill pill :lol:.

SwingVolley93
Feb 19th, 2012, 06:36 AM
Take a chill pill :lol:.

No I'm serious...to call someone who's made a life so much better than yours, a "bitter unattractive shrew" is incredible arrogant and quite hilarious. On top of that, I've seen pic of you in the Pic of You thread..and you're not all that, sorry to be offensive man, but its true. :hug:

Scrutinizing physical characteristics of WTA stars is so pathetic, no matter who does it because they're the one's making money while we sit here and type. :sobbing:
Another reason why I hate ppl who talk shit about Mona's skin. :rolleyes:

Blackycat
Feb 19th, 2012, 06:37 AM
Azarenka bashers won't post in this thread,they have their own period.

Lord Choc Ice
Feb 19th, 2012, 07:06 AM
No I'm serious...to call someone who's made a life so much better than yours, a "bitter unattractive shrew" is incredible arrogant and quite hilarious. On top of that, I've seen pic of you in the Pic of You thread..and you're not all that, sorry to be offensive man, but its true. :hug:

Scrutinizing physical characteristics of WTA stars is so pathetic, no matter who does it because they're the one's making money while we sit here and type. :sobbing:
Another reason why I hate ppl who talk shit about Mona's skin. :rolleyes:
I'm not offended :lol:. I couldn't care less what you think. And whoever said I was talking about unattractive physical characteristics anyway...but anyway we're getting O/T so I'll agree to disagree :lol:.

laurie
Feb 19th, 2012, 01:25 PM
It's great to see Azarenka play on and win, definitely a sign of her new found status, champions often play through injury and illness to win, think of Sampras when he won Wimbledon in 2000, he suffered a shin injury in his 2nd round match against Kucera, played on and won when it really looked like he might have to retire in that match. He had to take injections before every match (cortisone wears off after an hour or so), and didn't train at all between matches, and in the final was slightly hobbling towards the end of the match but still got the job done against Rafter in 4 sets.

Look at Djkoovic now, used to retire every five minutes but now can play for 6 hours and still win! Aazrenka will prove to be a worthy number 1 and I hope she plays the full final today.

As for Radwanska, I saw the "handshake" and it was quite pathetic, but she was caught up in the moment. Radwanska might have won if her serve and forehand wasn't so powderpuff for a so called top 10 player.

Vincey!
Feb 19th, 2012, 01:55 PM
Was she faking an injury? No I seriously doubt so, she was probably injured to me. Was she making it a bit too obvious? Maybe, you never know really. She's the new number one hasn't lost a match all year it's easy for her to keep her confidence that when she's not 100% healthy to show it off maybe too much so if she loses people and herself will know it was due to injury and not because she was outplayed. We've seen players like Serena kinda doing that, Bartoli is the queen to exaggerate her injuries as well. lol It's not really a bad thing, it's just dramatizing the match and whatever the outcome is she wouldn't have looked bad at all. It's fair.

Lachy
Feb 19th, 2012, 02:07 PM
Once a drama queen, always a drama queen.

olivero
Feb 19th, 2012, 03:28 PM

Regards

technically it was 6-2 1-1 ;)

Personally I don't think she faked that injury.
I can agree she was a little bit overreacting, perhaps...but then again we don't know how she was feeling after the fall. She could've been in real pain.
I can't really blame Aga for the handshake, she was probably pissed cause she couldn't focus enough to beat injured Vika. And we all know she is a hot-head person. I'm sure it's not a big deal for Viktoria.

And please guys don't judge Aga's fanbase based on few trolls.