Noctis
Feb 18th, 2012, 05:12 PM
Vika,limping Vika ,one legged vika,blindfolded vika,handcuffed vika,

saul1333
Feb 18th, 2012, 05:16 PM
Go Vika!

plokploky
Feb 18th, 2012, 05:26 PM
Hopefully stosur. It'll really give her a good boost for this late start of the season.

Mustafina
Feb 18th, 2012, 05:28 PM
Wouldn't mind either but I am so impressed with Azarenka's grit today. I really think the victory over Radwanska will do wonders for her confidence now that she knows she can still beat the world #6 on one leg.

stromatolite
Feb 18th, 2012, 05:32 PM
I think Vika is the favorite but I voted for Sam, because I'm pretty it'll be a lot closer match than this poll is likely to reflect. If Sam's backhand holds up (big if I know:unsure:) she could even win, because her serve and forehand are really firing and she's finally showing some real agression.

Tomic
Feb 18th, 2012, 05:34 PM
Vika in 2 sets

TTomek
Feb 18th, 2012, 05:36 PM
"injured" Fakerenka in 2 easy sets :)

dsanders06
Azarenka 6-2 6-4.

:happy: at the Eurosport commentators seriously discussing whether Azarenka's "injury" will let her play the final. Give me a break. I bet she even ends up playing Dubai.

DemiCrayanhan
sam played a great first set today before marion retired. if that serve/forehand combo shows up tomorrow she'll give vika a tough time. that is if the injured queen actually plays. hopefully it'll be closer than their last joke of a match in istanbul.

Vikapower
Feb 18th, 2012, 05:38 PM
:lol: I really want Vika to win this, skip Dubaï play IW and Miami.

Stosur barely wins games against a 100% fit Vika, an injured Vika might probably still win, 6-3 6-3 I guess.

Fighterpova
Feb 18th, 2012, 05:41 PM
Healthy Vika 6-1 6-1
Injured Vika 6-2 6-3

Vika in 2 :)

Break My Rapture
Feb 18th, 2012, 05:43 PM
If Vika is not too hampered by her foot tomorrow, she should win. Today's match was her best of the week so far quality-wise, despite 7 DFs.

tennis-insomniac
Feb 18th, 2012, 05:47 PM
I would really love to see the number of title won by stosur to go up more. 3 is a depressing number. I wish for Sam but in reality Azarenka might kill it.

stromatolite
Feb 18th, 2012, 05:54 PM
:lol: I really want Vika to win this, skip Dubaï play IW and Miami.

Stosur barely wins games against a 100% fit Vika, an injured Vika might probably still win, 6-3 6-3 I guess.

With Marion doubtful for Dubai, the top half of that draw could turn into a complete joke if Vika pulls out as well. They should do a redraw.

NeKo
Feb 18th, 2012, 05:55 PM
Healthy Vika 6-1 6-1
Injured Vika 6-2 6-3

Vika in 2 :)

Most likely.

VIKA?
Feb 18th, 2012, 06:01 PM
I guess it will depend on how Vika's ankle is tommorrow. But I hope she wins this title:)

Vikapower
Feb 18th, 2012, 06:05 PM
With Marion doubtful for Dubai, the top half of that draw could turn into a complete joke if Vika pulls out as well. They should do a redraw.

TBH even without that injury Victoria can not play for an extensive period match after match week in and out -- especially that now she's winning all her matches and reaching in the F her last 5 tournaments.

Dubaï might suck but it's only just a Premier I guess. :lol: Personally I know Victoria wants to play all the time, she's like that but she has to be selective, I guess.

stromatolite
Feb 18th, 2012, 06:08 PM
TBH even without that injury Victoria can not play for an extensive period match after match week in and out -- especially that now she's winning all her matches and reaching in the F her last 5 tournaments.

Dubaï might suck but it's only just a Premier I guess. :lol: Personally I know Victoria wants to play all the time, she's like that but she has to be selective, I guess.

Exactly right. Vika has to realize that if she's reaching the finals every tournament she plays, she has to cut the number of tournaments she plays, or her body is going to hit a brick wall. And yes, Dubai looks like it probably will suck big time.

Excelscior
Feb 18th, 2012, 06:12 PM
Based off of the past, Vika.

Based off of their matches today, Sam Stosur.

Who/what will show up tommorow????? We'll see?

MarkNL
Feb 18th, 2012, 06:14 PM
I really hope for Sam, but GOATrenka will be to good I guess. Stosur needs to play flawless, then it's possible.

tennisfan146
Feb 18th, 2012, 06:15 PM
Depends on the injury. If Vika is well then she should win.

stromatolite
Feb 18th, 2012, 06:19 PM
Depends on the injury. If Vika is well then she should win.

I'm fine with this as a prediction, as long as it doesn't lead to the conclusion after the fact that if Vika loses she must have been injured.

graffite
Feb 18th, 2012, 06:20 PM
C'mon, Sammy. She cannot lose 5 times in a row to the same person.
(Well, unless that person is Masha. :P)

Hope Vika, like Bartoli, doesn't attack her BH too much. Who am I kidding, she probably will, but hoping Sammy doesn't leave her BH at home.

Chim
Feb 18th, 2012, 06:45 PM
I'm fine with this as a prediction, as long as it doesn't lead to the conclusion after the fact that if Vika loses she must have been injured.

I hope Vika is well tomorrow!!!

martinafan
Feb 18th, 2012, 07:18 PM
Good Luck to Samantha!!! I really hope she can finally get her first win here!

She has such a terrible record in finals, that I don't think I could bear another loss......and for her confidence a title here would do that a world of good considering her terrible Australian swing

cn ireland
Feb 18th, 2012, 07:18 PM
Azarenka in 2!

Patrick345
Feb 18th, 2012, 07:30 PM
It really does depend on the injury. This was the worst match-up for Stosur before Azarenka reached another level in every aspect of her game. Nevertheless even if Stosur beenfits from an injury of Azarenka she would be a deserving champion. Cirstea, Bartoli and Niculescu were credible opponents in topform and she played fantastic tennis this week.

I just hope win lose or draw ;) that Azarenka does withdraw from Dubai. You need to limit your tournaments, when you get to the final every time. Dubai doesn´t offer that many points and she actually has a fairly tough draw with Kuznetosva and Hantuchova. Now with the injury it should be a no brainer.

young_gunner913
Feb 18th, 2012, 07:51 PM
If Stosur manages to win this, I can only imagine all the excuses that we'll see tomorrow. But Stosur will need a focused and determined performance or else Vika will wipe the floor with her easily.

GeeTee
Feb 18th, 2012, 07:53 PM
Just cos she won a slam it doesn't mean Vika has completely transformed from Flakerenka into Superwoman.. On the other hand, most of Sam's results are shocks (good AND bad), so I confidently predict Sam will win her first title of the year....

....or get double bagelled...

Patrick345
Feb 18th, 2012, 07:56 PM
Just cos she won a slam it doesn't mean Vika has completely transformed from Flakerenka into Superwoman.. On the other hand, most of Sam's results are shocks (good AND bad), so I confidently predict Sam will win her first title of the year....

....or get double bagelled...

Stosur couldn´t beat any healthy version of Azarenka. I think it´s a fair assessment. I would never assume Zvonareva could beat a healthy Stosur either, okay maybe in Australia. :lol:

GoofyDuck
Feb 18th, 2012, 08:07 PM
Like 5 times a year I want Sosur's framers to go in, tomorrow is one of those days :sobbing:

aguy9797
Feb 18th, 2012, 08:09 PM
Vika, please take the title tomorrow, and get on a plane to LA on Monday

Yoncé
Feb 18th, 2012, 08:18 PM
C'mon, Sammy. She cannot lose 5 times in a row to the same person.

She already has against Vika.

stromatolite
Feb 18th, 2012, 08:26 PM
Stosur couldn´t beat any healthy version of Azarenka. I think it´s a fair assessment. I would never assume Zvonareva could beat a healthy Stosur either, okay maybe in Australia. :lol:

Like I suggested above, the trouble with this is that it smacks of excuses in advance: if Vika loses, she can't have been healthy. All due respect, but that's called stacking the deck ...

Patrick345
Feb 18th, 2012, 08:41 PM
Like I suggested above, the trouble with this is that it smacks of excuses in advance: if Vika loses, she can't have been healthy. All due respect, but that's called stacking the deck ...

I know. It´s just my opinion. They still gonna pay Stosur a s***load of cash for the title and give her the full ranking points, so she´ll get over not getting full credit from me. ;)

stromatolite
Feb 18th, 2012, 08:49 PM
I know. It´s just my opinion. They still gonna pay Stosur a s***load of cash for the title and give her the full ranking points, so she´ll get over not getting full credit from me. ;)

Fair enough, you're at least honest enough to put your policy on this point right into your signature. :lol: And I believe you're right, as far as I know Sam doesn't make a habit of crying herself to sleep at night because someone on TF wrote something less than complimentary about her. I guess it is the cash that softens the blow ;)

RenaPova
Feb 18th, 2012, 08:51 PM
Sam has a bad record against Azarenka. Plus Azarenka is playing well, while Sam has had a slow start to the year as usual. Azarenka in 2 sets, Sam may be able to push her a bit in one of them.

NeKo
Feb 18th, 2012, 08:53 PM
Well, I think Vika will win in two. I don't think Sam is in a good form right, maybe if she'll have a good day, she will have a change, but her game is not stable, she has no constancy.

cowsonice
Feb 18th, 2012, 08:53 PM
Everybody beats Sam Stosur 6 times in a row :oh:

C. Drone
Feb 18th, 2012, 08:57 PM
cant wait to celebrate her first loss this year, but... then its useless Stosur, who I despise even more. Stupid WTA. :facepalm:

andy69
Feb 18th, 2012, 09:14 PM
what time is this match in Australia my time is gmt +11 it doesnt say on liv scorehunter

dolffanog
Feb 18th, 2012, 09:51 PM
injury? The squeaking brat will win this title!

asmad77
Feb 18th, 2012, 10:31 PM
Fakerenka if she will be losing she remind about hers ,,injury,,... and she will cratch - i can bet with anybody. I hope Stosur destroy this faking girl.

Pops Maellard
Feb 18th, 2012, 10:53 PM
Vika will beat Framantha :cheer:.

The Dawntreader
Feb 18th, 2012, 10:56 PM
Vika will beat Framantha :cheer:.

:confused:

Brad[le]y.
Feb 18th, 2012, 10:56 PM
She already has against Vika.

and nine times in a row to Sharapova :lol:

Linda R
Feb 18th, 2012, 11:08 PM
Go Sammy!

Keadz
Feb 19th, 2012, 12:29 AM
Will be nice for an inform Sam to have a shot against Vika.

Should be a somewhat interesting match, hopefully it lives up to expectations.

SwingVolley93
Feb 19th, 2012, 12:31 AM
Are we sure she'll even play tomorrow; I mean with the severity of her injury she sustained today, I'm sure she's in the ER. Prayers go out to her for a full recovery :scared:

Trickle
Feb 19th, 2012, 12:54 AM
Isn't Sam's Vika's pigeon? Why does she have 30% of the votes? How serious was Vika's injury? I would like to think Gimparenka could still beat Sam in a final. But Sam is the underdog this time and when Sam is the underdog and the venue is nowhere near Oceania, she supersaiyans into GOATsur. So I don't know, I still think Vika anyway. She's worked hard to get to the final, I don't see her bowing without a fight.

purerandomness
Feb 19th, 2012, 01:06 AM
Stosur, please pull a Serena and Sharapova in 2 sets.

Tennisation
Feb 19th, 2012, 01:09 AM
Stosur, please pull a Serena and Sharapova in 2 sets.:confused: 6-3 6-0?

Huntress55
Feb 19th, 2012, 02:28 AM
Hmm I didnt see Vikas matchs so how serious is the injury. Im guessing not that bad since she played through it, although it depends how it pulls up. Sam will have some confidence but Vika is a bad match up for her. Granted Vika isnt hampered by injury too much Vika should take this :( Just hope Sam puts up a good fight.

Mustafina
Feb 19th, 2012, 02:50 AM
If Azarenka wins, will she be the first player to win 3 consecutive titles since Jankovic's Beijing-Stuttgart-Moscow in 2008?

Imperfect Angel
Feb 19th, 2012, 02:52 AM
Vika to win but Sam is very tricky.:unsure:

Julian.
Feb 19th, 2012, 02:54 AM
:confused: 6-3 6-0?

He meant for Stosur surprisingly beating Vika in 2 sets, just like how she surprisingly beat Serena and Sharapova in 2 sets in their last meetings.

LordByron
Feb 19th, 2012, 03:03 AM
No bones about it, I cannot stand Azarenka and her classless attitude. That so called injury looked so bogus I'll be stunned if it bothers her at all tomorrow unless of course she's losing and needs a distraction to turn things around. Go Sam!

Setsuna.
Feb 19th, 2012, 05:53 AM
Hopefully Sam.

tennisforadults
Feb 19th, 2012, 05:59 AM
cant wait to celebrate her first loss this year, but... then its useless Stosur, who I despise even more. Stupid WTA. :facepalm:

The same "stupid" WTA that your faves (who are either too injured or useless to make the final) are part of.

Setsuna.
Feb 19th, 2012, 06:05 AM
I find Fakerenka a much better nickname than Fakervic.:lol: Both are not fakers though.

Six Feet Under
Feb 19th, 2012, 06:22 AM
Sam in 2. She generally is a big match player and is capable of pulling out these random surprises (which would be massive considering Vika's for and Sam's H2H)

Pops Maellard
Feb 19th, 2012, 07:14 AM
Sam in 2. She generally is a big match player and is capable of pulling out these random surprises (which would be massive considering Vika's for and Sam's H2H)
Her finals record suggests otherwise :oh:.

Imperfect Angel
Feb 19th, 2012, 07:19 AM
Just watched the match and Vika may have foot issue.:eek: Maybe she'll play a few games and retire.:eek:

Daniel
Feb 19th, 2012, 09:36 AM
Vika in 2

Chilenaitor
Feb 19th, 2012, 10:39 AM
stosur wins in 3 :)

DemiCrayanhan
Feb 19th, 2012, 11:34 AM
If Azarenka wins, will she be the first player to win 3 consecutive titles since Jankovic's Beijing-Stuttgart-Moscow in 2008?

even more impressive already, imo - vika's on her 5th consecutive final, and her wins include a major. whatever happens today, it's already a job very well-done.

GeeTee
Feb 19th, 2012, 11:56 AM
what time is this match in Australia my time is gmt +11 it doesnt say on liv scorehunter
about 2am EST (in about 2 hours) I think

Mistress of Evil
Feb 19th, 2012, 11:57 AM
The Shrieking Demon will devour Sammy's soul as easy as ABC :hug:

Break My Rapture
Feb 19th, 2012, 12:00 PM
Are we sure she'll even play tomorrow; I mean with the severity of her injury she sustained today, I'm sure she's in the ER. Prayers go out to her for a full recovery :scared:
My prayers go out to your brain and the dire straits it is in.

asmad77
Feb 19th, 2012, 12:05 PM
its pitty that U dont have a brain....

asmad77
Feb 19th, 2012, 12:05 PM
My prayers go out to your brain and the dire straits it is in.
it is pity that u dont have a brain...

Patrick345
Feb 19th, 2012, 12:29 PM
Fair enough, you're at least honest enough to put your policy on this point right into your signature. :lol: And I believe you're right, as far as I know Sam doesn't make a habit of crying herself to sleep at night because someone on TF wrote something less than complimentary about her. I guess it is the cash that softens the blow ;)

Actually my signature is meant ironically. I´m generally leaning toward the point: If you play, you are healthy. But I was too tired to retract from my original statement, so I just ran with it. :p

I certainly have nothing against Stosur. Already said she should be considered the Roland Garros favourite, if she can maintain this form on the red clay.

laurie
Feb 19th, 2012, 12:30 PM
I would like to see Stosur win because she should win more events like this. Let's see if she gets the job done today.

stromatolite
Feb 19th, 2012, 12:37 PM
Actually my signature is meant ironically. I´m generally leaning toward the point: If you play, you are healthy. But I was too tired to retract from my original statement, so I just ran with it. :p

I certainly have nothing against Stosur. Already said she should be considered the Roland Garros favourite, if she can maintain this form on the red clay.

Don't worry it's cool, had noticed your signature before and was pretty sure it was ironical. :)