PDA

View Full Version : Doha SF: Azarenka def. A. Radwanska 6-2, 6-4

saul1333
Feb 18th, 2012, 05:08 PM
Thank you Vika :hearts:

Thank you Aga :hearts:

Very scary when Vika took the injury time out. Hopefully nothing serious. Didn't expect this scoreline after the 2 matches they had this year.

Good luck in the final :)

FedererBulgaria
Feb 18th, 2012, 05:08 PM
Yessssssss....and what an awful handshake booo

Kworb
Feb 18th, 2012, 05:09 PM
Radwanska :weirdo:

I hope this friendship is over for good.

homogenius
Feb 18th, 2012, 05:09 PM
great display from Vika, even more impressive than at the Ao
bad acting skills though

Lulu.
Feb 18th, 2012, 05:10 PM
Aga. :sad:
Good luck in Dubai.

Young 8
Ah ah Radwanska

what a loser wit that handshake

Mary Cherry.
I'd like to think my mid-match snack had a positive effect

https://p.twimg.com/Al89AKwCIAAgcQ1.jpg

VIKA?
Fucking love you victoria:sobbing:

plokploky
Aga was very pusher-like this match. Stosur should stop the winning streak of vika now cause her ankle will go massive fuck-up tonight.

Antoshka
that handshake :tape: :lol:

TheBoiledEgg
Vika :) :woohoo:
Now get that ankle checked
And kick Stosur ass tmrw

SwingVolley93
:hearts: @ the handshake from Aga
Vika is classless. I like her game but if you are injured that bad..how can you continue...obviously a fake. :rolleyes:
And her fans are ultimate douchebags as well.
Aga handed her the match after the "injury"
Classless WTA :rolleyes:

Break My Rapture
Great heart from Vika. Radwanska is fucking pathetic, I can't believe I actually liked her...once.

Enjoy your time back in Poland. I hope Vika gives a similar handshake to this bitter "friend" next time.

gumoll
we will see tomorrow how serious is this "injury" :spit:

Aga played worst match of the season :spit:

fakers will be punished, let's hope this will happen soon, really soon :)

the interview... and the oscar goes to... :rolls: :happy:

goldenlox
I was expecting a better effort from Aga. Thats 5 finals in a row for Vika, who's really maturing into a star

Belmont Lad
Feb 18th, 2012, 05:11 PM
Not a great quality match from either player. Especially poor match from Aga :(

Nicolas
Feb 18th, 2012, 05:11 PM
Azarenka :lol: what a clown.....

PetraReeMona
Feb 18th, 2012, 05:12 PM
Radwanska knew what was going on and was not pleased.

Uh Oh, Vika is turning into Fakervic :p

Two world no.1's who are not the best actors. :o

saul1333
http://desmond.yfrog.com/Himg833/scaled.php?tn=0&server=833&filename=jeim.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640

Vikapower
Victoria is constructing her legacy, Serena in the making, a true champion beating players on one foot. :drool: That's how you assess yourself. :drool:

:unsure: Injury doesn't look bad hopefully enough to beat pigeon #2 -- 5 consecutive F in a row. :eek:

SwingVolley93
And its so pathetic that a fanbase as shallow and spastic as Victoria's. Really need to stop acting. FFS :rolleyes:

aguy9797
Aga, all those errors :fiery:

she was able to fight for five games, then checked out mentally....again :tape:

Horrible performance, WTF are you so badly affected by Vika's injury?? Do you really need Vika blindfolded to beat her?

Vika, keep on rollin, I hope it was just drama :)

GSMPrzysiezny
Feb 18th, 2012, 05:13 PM
Very, very clever gamesmanship by Azarenka to swing momentum in the second set. Djokovic-like. Sign of a true champ.

fede33
damn tricky http://www.webconferencia.net/images/icons/usuarios/enfermo.gifhttp://www.webconferencia.net/images/icons/usuarios/enfermo.gif

FedererBulgaria
Vika was winning this easily she didnt need this injury....u mugs ops Aga fans

stromatolite
Great grit from Vika to finish the match despite the injury, but a really awful match from Aga. Hopefully Vika is okay and we'll get a better final tomorrow than today's anticlimaxes.

s teddy
Amazing from Azarenka, heroically battling though that horrible, crippling injury. :worship:

Words cannot describe how awful Radwanska was. Her form this tournament has been the worst I've seen from her since the U.S. Open. :tape:

hablo
Love, love, loveeeed the handshake... :haha:

Go Azarenka, next match! :devil:

Gilas.
Feb 18th, 2012, 05:14 PM
Disgusting match from Mugnieszka. It's expected that she'll get blown off the court, but to add very easy errors to her stats is VERY unlike her.

As for Vika, I hope the injury isn't that serious.

Mixal
Test of friendship for Top 3 of Generation Suck.

Vika is pure confidence now, I love it.

Trih
From what we've seen so far, Vika could win without a leg.
:wavey: Aga, is your BFF already waiting you in Dubai?
http://i.imgur.com/K9NTu.png

And to be clear: I don't mean Vika faked anything today, it was so priceless to see how she outplayed Radwanska one-legged. :devil:

NeKo
Radwanska cannot beat an injured Azarenka. Expected.

Break My Rapture
And its so pathetic that a fanbase as shallow and spastic as Victoria's. Really need to stop acting. FFS :rolleyes:
Don't be bitter that the world #1 on one leg just straightsetted the world #6. Radwanska was lucky to get two more games in the end because of that netcord on MP. :lol:

Excelscior
Feb 18th, 2012, 05:15 PM
Not sure how injured Vika really was. But if she was; Radwanska is/was totally useless and should be embarrassed. She looked like a feeble, weak pusher. So I don't know whether or not I should congratulate Vika on gutting it out (didn't seem that way) or Aga for being totally useless (did seem that way), regardless of whether or not Vika was really injured.

Either way (and yes I know about the head to head), based off of their play today (and if it continues), Stosur will win this match tomorrow. She was the much more impressive ball striker and server. And Yes I know Cake got injured. But by then, it was already too late for her. We'll see!?

And Aga, you should get some new friends (or just stay with Caro in the Grand Slam/Big Time Tennis bridesmaid club, But at least Caro was the hollow #1 for many weeks). Your choice?

flareon
Vika is classless. I like her game but if you are injured that bad..how can you continue...obviously a fake. :rolleyes:

Bitter Much....

Radwanska is joke PERIOD!!!!

well done vika took out the trash.

Landon92
- Hi, my name is Agnieszka Radwanska. I'm 6 in the world but the only direction that I can play is the middle, but I'm not sure about it. My gameplan is to be as passive as it is possible, but it doesn't work well.
- It's not nice to meet you.

Mustafina
Incredible effort from Vika. Right up there with some of her greatest victories. :worship:

She was in visible distress and pain but not once did she contemplate retiring. She just had determination written all over her face. You could tell how much it meant to her from her reaction after winning. This is a brand new Azarenka 2.0 in 2012 for sure.

16-0 and playing her bitch in the final. Get that 3rd consecutive title Vika!

And Radwanska was PISSED that Vika still played so well after the injury. That handshake was cold. :lol:

SwingVolley93
Vika was winning this easily she didnt need this injury....u mugs ops Aga fans

Ever since you lost Mr. TF you've turned into quite the shit talker. :wavey:

Martian Jeza
Feb 18th, 2012, 05:16 PM

Congrats you won the award of the most stupid post of the day ! :wavey:

TheBoiledEgg

:rolleyes:
Not that was wasnt already getting spanked by Vika

FedererBulgaria
- Hi, my name is Agnieszka Radwanska. I'm 6 in the world but the only direction that I can play is the middle, but I'm not sure about it. My gameplan is to be as passive as it is possible, but it doesn't work well.
- It's not nice to meet you.

This

Patrick345

Obvious is obvious. She felt she had to play mindgames with Radwanska, because she couldn´t handle Radwanska´s game. :happy::happy:

Really sucks, when your opponent is hampered and you still don´t have the guts or skills to expose the movement. Hail the counterpusher.

http://flights.poland.com/typo3temp/pics/533a62a09f.jpg

SwingVolley93
Feb 18th, 2012, 05:17 PM
Don't be bitter that the world #1 on one leg just straightsetted the world #6. Radwanska was lucky to get two more games in the end because of that netcord on MP. :lol:

:facepalm:

Vikapower
Aga's handshake is the reflection of her passive boring game and extreme technical, mental etc... failures. :lol: Girl has only herself to blame, you don't just roll over a #1 like that, you have to beat her and when the #1 decided to win she wins simple as that. :hearts:

By the way it's not like Radwanska was doing anything special until that injury -- this was going to be a straight set victory for Victoria. End of story. :hearts:

GoofyDuck
Loved the handshake :D

Azarenka is playing a bit too well for my taste, though she always good against bad playing opponents. :o

Mynarco
Feb 18th, 2012, 05:18 PM
How could Aga fail to take advantage after Vika injured herself is beyond me. She could have won had she made it to the third set.

Way to go Azarenka, good luck against Stosur. And please withdraw Dubai and let the ankle heal up

dsanders06
She was NOT seriously injured at all :tape: She may have jarred her foot slightly, but the slowmo clearly showed that the area she got taped (ankle/heel) wasn't affected at all.

Radwanska playing pretty much as well as she can and still being brushed aside :happy:

flareon

This.

Cinek
Feb 18th, 2012, 05:19 PM
THE WORST MATCH I HAVE EVER SEEN BY AGA. OH MY GODDESS :facepalm:

Tomek please go to Dubai and rest tournaments.

NeKo

Radwanska is a joke. Usually the fans who cannot accept that Vika was the better player (even injured) are douche-bags, losers! I think Vika could've beat Aga even in a wheel-chair.

VIKA?

Stop embarrasing yourself:o

FleetSeb
Hahaha yeah it makes total sense for Vika to get injured when she was literally destroying Aga's game... :/ Great Logic TF.

Break My Rapture
Obvious is obvious. She felt she had to play mindgames with Radwanska, because she couldn´t handle Radwanska´s game. :happy::happy:

Really sucks, when your opponent is hampered and you still don´t have the guts or skills to expose the movement. Hail the counterpusher.

http://flights.poland.com/typo3temp/pics/533a62a09f.jpg
Even her lethal dropshot-lob combos were no match for a limping #1.

Slutiana
Feb 18th, 2012, 05:21 PM
That was a mess. The replay showed that Azarenka did absolutely nothing to her ankle. Sure, that doesn't mean that she couldn't have picked up a slight niggle, but she was acting as if it had been sawed off. As a Golovin fan I am almost offended. :lol:

As for Radwanska, just embarrassing play for a world #5. Truly embarrassing. The only good thing to come of this is the Generation Suck friendships finally showing cracks. :drool:

SwingVolley93
Bring it Vika fans...:armed:
I honestly don't see how you have any defense. Her injury was fake. Hit me up when Vika actually has a real injury or needs surgery,
Aga played like shit the ENTIRE match...Vika did nothing special...
Come at me..with whatever you've got, I just could not believe the amount of classless hate that Vika fans had when she went down..calling Aga a bitch for injuring her...get real pussies. :rolleyes:

fede33
actuazion improve next time ;)

miffedmax
Victoria! The LOB marches on!

flareon
Hahaha yeah it makes total sense for Vika to get injured when she was literally destroying Aga's game... :/ Great Logic TF.

This as well I have never agreed with so many people on TF before, Its harsh to acuse vika of being an actress she hurt her ankle and was visible limping at times she just hit radwanska of the court, I think Radwanska is so overated.

Andreas
Feb 18th, 2012, 05:22 PM
Vika is such a fighter :hearts: So proud of her for winning despite the injury.

I don't understand why anyone would say that she was faking :confused: It looked legit and she seemed in pain ever since. There is no way she would do it tactically :lol: As if Radwanska is ever going to get any sort of momentum against Vika. She (Radwanska) has absolutely no power in her game which is why she can't even control the rallies against an injured opponent.

The stats showed that Vika on average hits her groundstrokes 15 km/h faster than Aga does. That's quite a big difference.

SwingVolley93
And when did I say that Vika didn't play better? FFS.

Wintermute
Too many errors from Aga. I'm not entirely surprised at her reaction at the end, but I think it's more that she was pissed off with herself for not taking advantage than anything else.

As for anyone suggesting Vika was faking, give it a rest. I've twisted my ankle badly on a tennis court before, but I'm sure we've all had minor tweaks. If you do it the first thing that can happen is you go into shock. It can take a while to shake that off even if you're not seriously hurt. I'm not particularly an Azarenka fan but I was impressed how she played through it.

Martian Jeza

Victoria Azarenka completely owned your Agnieszka : Face the truth ! And another defeat for her against Vika ! Now she's in the punchbag of Vika ! H2H 8-3 in favor of the Belarusian ! And yes the net cord saved her ass because without that she would have been beaten 6-2, 6-2. Don't delude yourself, chap.

flareon
Feb 18th, 2012, 05:23 PM
I honestly don't see how you have any defense. Her injury was fake. Hit me up when Vika actually has a real injury or needs surgery,
Come at me..with whatever you've got, I just could not believe the amount of classless hate that Vika fans had when she went down..calling Aga a bitch for injuring her...get real pussies. :rolleyes:

Even from a nuetrals perspective your getting annoying...

tennis-insomniac
Seeing the handshake, I guess Radwanska will complain about Azarenka's grunt more ? :rolleyes:

did not see the injury but Vika was playing well at the end of the match. Looking forward to seeing the final.

Radwanska has a nice swing of both side, it is nice to see a player with variety. Did not see the entire match so no more comment about the match for me. I generally like Agnieszka's game but her personality just kills me.

jrm
No.6 in the world and she was made to look plain :o

Brad[le]y.

I think you're overreacting :o

Harju.
Vika's injury makes this match more bearable and hilarious to certain extend :lol:

Vika clearly doesn't want to hand her first loss of the season to Aga. :lol: The way she limped to chase the dropshot/lob combo was fierce <3

FedererBulgaria
Feb 18th, 2012, 05:24 PM
To all Aga`s fan - Ur girl has 9/21 W/UE ,she was really useless today,its not Vika`s fault

Kasey
Well, Vika's fake injury was so obvious, she ran as if nothing really bothered her,
BUT what Aga did was totally unacceptable. Disgusting beaviour, bitter handshake and that Diva's pose as though the match was in her hands....

shame on you Aga, and you didn't even bother to come to Vika's side when she fell.

madmax

Calm down son, you are trippin' now...

Break My Rapture
That was a mess. The replay showed that Azarenka did absolutely nothing to her ankle. Sure, that doesn't mean that she couldn't have picked up a slight niggle, but she was acting as if it had been sawed off. As a Golovin fan I am almost offended. :lol:

As for Radwanska, just embarrassing play for a world #5. Truly embarrassing. The only good thing to come of this is the Generation Suck friendships finally showing cracks. :drool:
I know right. This match really showed how bitter Radwanska can be when she loses. She probably thought her trickery shots did the job. :lol: Vika never did this when she lost to Wozniacki or Radwanska after epic chokes. Not in Doha '09, not in the Tokyo meetings, never.

Nice friendship and mutual respect. :rolleyes:

adner
Feb 18th, 2012, 05:25 PM
Come at me..with whatever you've got,

:facepalm: Really, just shut up.

Siderophyre
Feb 18th, 2012, 05:25 PM
:facepalm: at this thread.

Vika got injured. Aga played shit. Vika would have won either way. End of.

flareon
Feb 18th, 2012, 05:26 PM
I guess Radwanska will complain about Azarenka's grunt more ? :rolleyes:

All sharapova had to say on this was...

http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lygyz7lC741qieq1ao1_500.gif

Kworb
Feb 18th, 2012, 05:26 PM
Well it was amusing to see Azarenka sprint at full speed back and forth to retrieve balls, and then go back to limping when the point was over. :lol: She is so much like Djokovic, yuck.

Brad[le]y.
Feb 18th, 2012, 05:27 PM
Good lord, some of these posts on here :tape:

Aga you idiot :o

]
Radwanska playing pretty much as well as she can and still being brushed aside :happy:

not even close

TheBoiledEgg
I think the Vika felt her achillies- think thats what happened not any twist as we saw none.

Gaz.
Vika :inlove: Go further! :cheer:

flareon
Feb 18th, 2012, 05:28 PM
This is the world no 6 who got outhit on winners by Anne Keothavong :facepalm:

NeKo

Stop embarrassing yourself. Are you God to know if she was injured or not? You are pathetic, injury doesn't mean surgery. Vika humiliated Aga INJURED! GET OVER IT! Your favorite was humiliated by an one-foot player! I don't get those fans, your making your favorites look bad by being brainless and don't understand that a loss is still a loss. I say that Aga was playing mindgames by challenging all the balls at one time, even if she knew that the balls were good. I think she was sure that Vika will retire and she will win.

aguy9797
Aga was able to fight for 5 games, then she simply gave up.

Her serve got completely off, she was htting error after error

It is all in her head...for years she kept on convincing herself that she can't beat Schiavone, or that Zvonareva is such a bad match up for her.

It is a self-fulfillment prophecy, Aga.

Please, at least keep on fighting until the end, you gave that match to Vika today

vma
Feb 18th, 2012, 05:29 PM
with Radwanska playing shitty tennis like today I, as her massive fan, don't really want her to go top 5 :bigcry:

Brad[le]y.
This is the world no 6 who got outhit on winners by Anne Keothavong :facepalm:

We had a world no.1 who got outwinnered by Pironkova, and Tatashvill :shrug:

Laura_VeeFan
Azarenka was not injured, she was acting as if she had to retire or something :lol:

But that was just embarassing for Radwanska :haha: I can't believe she could be #4 soon

SwingVolley93
Feb 18th, 2012, 05:31 PM
You can't embarrass yourself over an internet forum you fools. I say what I want, don't care if anyone thinks I'm "embarrassing myself"

Anyway we'll see how Vika vs Sam will be, should be an entertaining match as Sam was in really good form against Marion. As for Aga if she doesn't change her mindset and play better tennis, shes going out to Lisicki in Dubai next week. :wavey:

Vikapower
Feb 18th, 2012, 05:31 PM
The stats showed that Vika on average hits her groundstrokes 15 km/h faster than Aga does. That's quite a big difference.

:lol: That's the facts, tell that to Swingfooley -- there's nothing Radwanska could do before or after the injury, her overreacting fans needs to sink that up in their minds.

That and the 29 winners and 22 Ue's for Vika and 9 for 21 UE's for Aga. :lol: Yeah right, the better player won today, the better player is the world #1 who's entered her 5th consecutive F. :lol:

Facts.

flareon
Feb 18th, 2012, 05:32 PM
We had a world no.1 who got outwinnered by Pironkova, and Tatashvill :shrug:

I never knew Tatishvilli out winnered her...
Believe it or not I got bad repped for stating this fact :facepalm:

BlueTrees
Aga :rolleyes: :(

miffedmax
I have my mod hat on now. Yes, some people on both sides need to calm down. I will recuse myself because of an admitted bias, but I know where to find people who aren't to police this thread if I need to.

As always, I would prefer not to. You can discuss the match, but please don't insult each other or other fans as a group.

Thanks.

goldenlox
Feb 18th, 2012, 05:33 PM
with Radwanska playing shitty tennis like today I, as her massive fan, don't really want her to go top 5 :bigcry:With San Diego, Tokyo, Beijing titles, she almost cant miss top 5.
But its clear from her slam results she has to mature mentally. Play big at the biggest moments.
But Aga's just getting started, this whole generation is just starting to take over

Martian Jeza
Feb 18th, 2012, 05:36 PM
I have my mod hat on now.

Dictator hat on, you mean *joke*

Didn't spot many insults to be honest...

And some WS fans coming with the fact, Azarenka was faking her injury : well, could I expect something else's from them ?

Tomic
Feb 18th, 2012, 05:36 PM
Vika :hearts:

Aga :sad:

gumoll
Feb 18th, 2012, 05:37 PM
the magic of Borna Bikic already working :cheer:

GSMPrzysiezny
Feb 18th, 2012, 05:37 PM
:lol: That's the facts, tell that to Swingfooley -- there's nothing Radwanska could do before or after the injury, her overreacting fans needs to sink that up in their minds.

That and the 29 winners and 22 Ue's for Vika and 9 for 21 UE's for Aga. :lol: Yeah right, the better player won today, the better player is the world #1 who's entered her 5th consecutive F. :lol:

Facts.

The fact is that we don't know whether any injury occured. I think it didn't occur. The fact is there was a medical timeout that was way too long. The fact is Azarenka was limping one moment and running like a rabbit the second one.

The fact also is Radwanska's game is hilariously overrated by some.

Shvedbarilescu
Feb 18th, 2012, 05:39 PM
Personally I'd say Azarenka showed a lot of grit in that match. Was the injury as bad as Azarenka was indicating it was? Probably not, a lot of these tennis players are prone to prima dona tendencies Vika certainly among them, but I have no doubt it did hurt her for at least the first ten or so minutes of the resumption, when the pain killers kicked in, and I'm sure Azarenka was genuinely distressed when the injury first struck.

As for Radwanska, not her finest hour by a long shot. Played poorly at the point during the 10 minute patch when Azarenka's play was hindered by her injury and was clearly not in the mood to be a gracious loser with that handshake. No doubt Radwanska was unsettled by Azarenka's injury and it did have an effect on her play, much as Clijsters's injury affected Na Li's play at the AO. But at the end of the day, the only one Aga can blame for her substandard play today is herself, and I say that as a Radwanska fan.

flareon
Feb 18th, 2012, 05:41 PM
Personally I'd say Azarenka showed a lot of grit in that match. Was the injury as bad as Azarenka was indicating it was? Probably not, a lot of these tennis players are prone to prima dona tendencies Vika certainly among them, but I have no doubt it did hurt her for at least the first ten or so minutes of the resumption and I'm sure Azarenka was genuinely distressed when the injury first struck.

As for Radwanska, not her finest hour by a long shot. Played poorly at the point during the 10 minute patch when Azarenka's play was hindered by her injury and was clearly not in the mood to be a gracious loser with that handshake. No doubt Radwanska was unsettled by Azarenka's injury and it did have an effect on her play, much as Clijsters's injury affected Na Li's play at the AO. But at the end of the day, the only one Aga can blame for her substandard play today is herself, and I say that as a Radwanska fan.

Good post, I would just like to add that I think vika was distressed because she is playing so well and maybe she was concerned it could have been a lot worse and could of resulted in a long injury lay off.

pav
Feb 18th, 2012, 05:42 PM
What is it with commentators etc. calling her "Veeka" like they all have a heavy accent? Even pommies, they wouldn't have called their years ago queen "Veektoria"I can understand aussies, they say "Feesh and cheeps"instead of "Fish and chips"Are they just being "Preeks"?

M&M
Feb 18th, 2012, 05:42 PM
well, i like both aga and vika. so congrats to both for a great week and go vika win now th efinal tomorrow.

as for her injury - during the slomotionrepeat of some ralleys u could see that she wasn't really bothered by the injury...

VishaalMaria
Feb 18th, 2012, 05:45 PM
Can someone post the handshake?

Jane Lane
Feb 18th, 2012, 05:49 PM
:lol: Of course SwingVolley is behind these shenanigans...how predictable. :rolleyes:

Whether or not it was a serious injury is irrelevant - it's a matter of just that moment of impact when you feel it could be bad. Vika had some Achilles issues at the end of last season too. It's a combination of things.

Vika :hearts: Such a good fight. Win it all tomorrow and pull out of Dubai :lol:

s teddy
Feb 18th, 2012, 05:50 PM
That handshake was lovely. :hearts: We need more drama on tour.
I know you don't like Radwanska, but do you seriously think that was her best tennis? :unsure: She couldn't get a first serve in, she was pushing even more uselessly than she usually does, she was missing a large number of routine shots, and her net play was next to worthless. I'm guessing you didn't watch many of her matches late last year (and by "late last year," I mean Tokyo and Beijing), but if you had, you'd know that she's actually quite good at working points and setting up winners, that she's one of the better volleyers on the tour, and that she almost never misses routine rally shots. If you don't believe me, just look at the result threads from her previous matches in this tournament. Even her fans were commenting that she wasn't playing very well in her easy wins over Keothavong, Lepchenko, and McHale.

Gilas.
Feb 18th, 2012, 05:52 PM
Personally I'd say Azarenka showed a lot of grit in that match. Was the injury as bad as Azarenka was indicating it was? Probably not, a lot of these tennis players are prone to prima dona tendencies Vika certainly among them, but I have no doubt it did hurt her for at least the first ten or so minutes of the resumption, when the pain killers kicked in, and I'm sure Azarenka was genuinely distressed when the injury first struck.

One of like three sensible posts in this thread :yeah:

Excelscior
Feb 18th, 2012, 05:54 PM

I know you don't like Radwanska, but do you seriously think that was her best tennis? :unsure: She couldn't get a first serve in, she was pushing even more uselessly than she usually does, she was missing a large number of routine shots, and her net play was next to worthless. I'm guessing you didn't watch many of her matches late last year, but if you had, you'd know that she's actually quite good at working points and setting up winners, that she's one of the better volleyers on the tour, and that she almost never misses routine rally shots. If you don't believe me, just look at the result threads from her previous matches in this tournament. Even her fans were commenting that she wasn't playing very well in her easy wins over Keothavong, Lepchenko, and McHale.

Radwanska was just awful. And Vika being injured (to what extent we don't know), made it even more embarrassing, as she helplessly tried to take advantage.

She just looked awful out there!!

As you stated, not one of her better matches.

NeKo
Feb 18th, 2012, 05:54 PM
@handshake: Aga was mad because Vika didn't retired from the match.

Sharapovian
Feb 18th, 2012, 05:57 PM
Watched the first set and Vika was playing well enough. Had to leave after that so I missed all the injury drama, but why would Vika be faking it when she already had the momentum? :spit:

If Aga was playing a little better the score could have been closer but she obviously wasn't able to take advantage. Hopefully the foot holds up, and Vika is able to play tomorrow.

hurricanejeanne
Feb 18th, 2012, 05:57 PM
:lol: Of course SwingVolley is behind these shenanigans...how predictable. :rolleyes:

Whether or not it was a serious injury is irrelevant - it's a matter of just that moment of impact when you feel it could be bad. Vika had some Achilles issues at the end of last season too. It's a combination of things.

Vika :hearts: Such a good fight. Win it all tomorrow and pull out of Dubai :lol:

This across the board. I hope Vika's good to go for the final tomorrow.

I love that Vika's haters are now bitching that she's faking injuring and then playing on when a year ago they were bitching that she was faking injuries and retiring. I'll give you guys credit for being consistent on at least one aspect of your hate.

stromatolite
Feb 18th, 2012, 06:00 PM
What is it with commentators etc. calling her "Veeka" like they all have a heavy accent? Even pommies, they wouldn't have called their years ago queen "Veektoria"I can understand aussies, they say "Feesh and cheeps"instead of "Fish and chips"Are they just being "Preeks"?

The English don't pronounce Tina as Tinna. Veeka is pretty consistent with how the "i" is pronounced in comparable English words in general.

Gilas.
Feb 18th, 2012, 06:01 PM

I know you don't like Radwanska, but do you seriously think that was her best tennis? :unsure: She couldn't get a first serve in, she was pushing even more uselessly than she usually does, she was missing a large number of routine shots, and her net play was next to worthless. I'm guessing you didn't watch many of her matches late last year, but if you had, you'd know that she's actually quite good at working points and setting up winners, that she's one of the better volleyers on the tour, and that she almost never misses routine rally shots. If you don't believe me, just look at the result threads from her previous matches in this tournament. Even her fans were commenting that she wasn't playing very well in her easy wins over Keothavong, Lepchenko, and McHale.

Agreed. She has become mediocre (even bad) from last year's great post-US Open form. The last match I remember being impressed by Aga was the Beijing final. I don't know what Bikic is doing.

Trih
Feb 18th, 2012, 06:02 PM
I love that Vika's haters are now bitching that she's faking injuring and then playing on when a year ago they were bitching that she was faking injuries and retiring. I'll give you guys credit for being consistent on at least one aspect of your hate.

:yeah:

StoneRose
Feb 18th, 2012, 06:05 PM
@handshake: Aga was mad because Vika didn't retired from the match.
I think Aga was just disappointed that she played so bad today, wouldn't read too much else in it. Great fight from Vika today,hope she can play tomorrow.

It's not the first time here that i fail to understand people claiming an injury was a fake,serious lack of common sense. Sure, fake medical timeouts are sometimes used when things don't go well. But Vika was on a roll, what would be the point in faking an injury destroying her rhythm!?

tennisfan146
Feb 18th, 2012, 06:06 PM
Such a good match from Vika! Don't think that the injury was that big of a deal though. She was still running from side to side like crazy and hitting winners all over the place. Aga, on the other hand, was visibly distracted by Vika's injury and played horribly in the second set.

gumoll
Feb 18th, 2012, 06:15 PM
http://www.eurosport.pl/tenis/wta-katar/2012/azarenka-ogrywa-radwanska_sto3159452/story.shtml

handshake is in last video :devil:

Christinawww
Feb 18th, 2012, 06:19 PM
Well it was amusing to see Azarenka sprint at full speed back and forth to retrieve balls, and then go back to limping when the point was over. :lol: She is so much like Djokovic, yuck.

I've done that several times, in soccer, handball, tennis, but maybe it is different when being a pro which I am certainly not.

tennisfan146
Feb 18th, 2012, 06:21 PM
I think Aga was just disappointed that she played so bad today, wouldn't read too much else in it. Great fight from Vika today,hope she can play tomorrow.

It's not the first time here that i fail to understand people claiming an injury was a fake,serious lack of common sense. Sure, fake medical timeouts are sometimes used when things don't go well. But Vika was on a roll, what would be the point in faking an injury destroying her rhythm!?

I think that too. She was just disappointed by her own manner of play, nothing personal against Vika.

VishaalMaria
Feb 18th, 2012, 06:21 PM
Epic Handshake.

miffedmax
Feb 18th, 2012, 06:22 PM
I've done that several times, in soccer, handball, tennis, but maybe it is different when being a pro which I am certainly not.

Adreniline is an amazing thing, as I too have experienced this phenomenon. There's also a mental aspect--when you are focused on something else, you block out the pain better. Especially if you've been you know--taped up.

Watching on TV really gives you know idea of how serious an injury is. There's a reason you don't skype your doctor visits.

Talula
Feb 18th, 2012, 06:26 PM
Great grit from Vika to finish the match despite the injury, but a really awful match from Aga. Hopefully Vika is okay and we'll get a better final tomorrow than today's anticlimaxes.

This.

Aga was TERRIBLE.

Vika was in tears so I don't believe this was a fake at all. She didnt need to, she was winning!

Talula
Feb 18th, 2012, 06:27 PM

And this.

saul1333
Feb 18th, 2012, 07:00 PM
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0efT5Y9eM62KY/610x.jpg

fouc
Feb 18th, 2012, 07:03 PM
Pathetic acting skills from Vika + quite pathetic tennis from Aga = best rivalry for WTA in 2012.

Break My Rapture
Feb 18th, 2012, 07:05 PM
:lol: @ the badreps I got from SwingVolley and Tomek. Please stay pressed.

GrandMartha
Feb 18th, 2012, 07:05 PM
Vika :cheer: way to put her in her rightful place :hearts: Radwanska is Vika's bitch now. I guess she also hate Vika's grunt now :oh:

Corswandt
Feb 18th, 2012, 07:08 PM
Vika is pure confidence now, I love it.

Pretty much.

Before the injury she was already showing all the minor improvements to her game - additional 10-15 km/h on 1st serve, taking the ball even earlier, making more use of angles - that earned her the AO.

Toria went for her Crowning Moment of Awesome in risking finishing the match while hobbled, got the crowd on her side (a first?) and pulled it off. Played such a smart match after the injury - shot selection 100% flawless, perfect mix of sharp angles to yank Agatha off the court and get short balls to put away and aggressive first strike tennis both on serve and return. Unreal depth of shot throughout.

Agatha by contrast was at her most useless - which is saying something. All the talk about her GOAT versatility when fully 90% of her "shots" are puffballs that plop down harmlessly around the service line. Not even much of an effort to move Toria around, just passive flat out pushing. I know one can't generate much pace when one's shots are all forearm like Agatha's FH, but getting blown clean off the court by an underpowered grinder (who was limping to boot) like Toria?

flareon
Feb 18th, 2012, 07:13 PM
:lol: @ the badreps I got from SwingVolley and Tomek. Please stay pressed.

x2.

SwingVolley93
Feb 18th, 2012, 07:18 PM
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0efT5Y9eM62KY/610x.jpg

Best moment of the day.
Love Aga, she's real :hearts:

Break My Rapture
Feb 18th, 2012, 07:20 PM
Best moment of the day.
No, the best moment of the day was when Azarenka limped up, down and up the court because of Radwanska's dropshot/lob combo and still won the point.

Jane Lane
Feb 18th, 2012, 07:23 PM
Best moment of the day.

:haha::haha::haha::haha: Says the guy who calls Wickmayer a bitch. Even I give you credit for that. :haha:

SwingVolley93
Feb 18th, 2012, 07:24 PM
No, the best moment of the day was when Azarenka limped up and down the court 3 times in a row because of Radwanska's lob/dropshot/lob combo and still won the point.

Lmao. And your calling me pressed? Once again hit me up when vika gets a real injury requiring surgery. Oh and I really enjoyed the bad reps from your desperate and fellow stans.
You lack credibility child. :kiss:
Go hide Casper. :wavey:

SwingVolley93
Feb 18th, 2012, 07:26 PM
My God, I'm so popular to Vika fans. It's like you can't get me out of your heads. Get off my jock you pretenders :wavey:

NeKo
Feb 18th, 2012, 07:26 PM
Lmao. And your calling me pressed? Once again hit me up when vika gets a real injury requiring surgery. Oh and I really enjoyed the bad reps from your desperate and fellow stans.

Are you ever going to stop this pathetic discussion, troll? Why would Azarenka fake an injury after she owned Radwanka with 6-2 in the first set? She was clearly the better player, injury doesn't mean surgery. Get over it.

About your favorite player:

http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lygyz7lC741qieq1ao1_500.gif

Irute
Feb 18th, 2012, 07:27 PM
Aga :sad: when will you step up? ... OTOH I believe she is not in the best shape ATM
Vika, congrats :yeah:

Jane Lane
Feb 18th, 2012, 07:27 PM
My God, I'm so popular to Vika fans. It's like you can't get me out of your heads. Get off my jock you pretenders :wavey:

:haha: You wish you were that relevant. And you have 10 posts in this thread - more than any of us. Need I continue?

SwingVolley93
Feb 18th, 2012, 07:29 PM
Deuces bitch. :wavey:

NeKo
Feb 18th, 2012, 07:30 PM
:haha: You wish you were that relevant. And you have 10 posts in this thread - more than any of us. Need I continue?

He's exactly like his favorite, Aga. She couldn't accept the lose, that handshake said it all. He doesn't understand that his favorite player lost. What's so hard to understand that? The better player won. End of story. Stop it. (even injured)

Jane Lane
Feb 18th, 2012, 07:30 PM
Deuces bitch. :wavey:

:wavey: You also lack eloquence and resort to name calling when you can't come up with anything to say? Stay pressed. :kiss:

Break My Rapture
Feb 18th, 2012, 07:35 PM
:wavey: You also lack eloquence and resort to name calling when you can't come up with anything to say? Stay pressed. :kiss:
Couldn't have said it any better. :lol:

Break My Rapture
Feb 18th, 2012, 07:36 PM
Why would I be pressed when Azarenka limped her way to a straight sets win over your favourite player? :lol: Get real. Your insults fail just as much as Agatha's FH by the way.

Martian Jeza
Feb 18th, 2012, 07:40 PM
This topic is going out of hands, calm down people ! Is it never possible to discuss without going with personal attacks and insults ? Grow up, people !

asmad77
Feb 18th, 2012, 07:51 PM
Azarenka was faking. I dont know for what. Maybe becouse she is stupid and wants to make the show ? Samanta destroy tommorow this faking girl, please...

Apoleb
Feb 18th, 2012, 07:57 PM
That was quite the beatdown. Azarenka obviously doesn't have the raw pace to straight off take out Radwanska except on the return, but she worked herself into the points beautifully and gradually until she was well inside the court and Radwanska out of position, through excellent shot selection coupled with her relentless baseline game.

GoofyDuck
Feb 18th, 2012, 07:59 PM
Azarenka really didn't show injury during the points... definately NOT Limping.

asmad77
Feb 18th, 2012, 07:59 PM
and u are exactly like your favorite faking stupid Azerenko - she makes a stupid show to crowd. She has something with the emotions - it is sick.

LCS
Feb 18th, 2012, 08:03 PM
Azarenka better be in goat mode tomorrow and just sail through framing Stosur.

Break My Rapture
Feb 18th, 2012, 08:06 PM
Azarenka really didn't show injury during the points... definately NOT Limping.
When I get my hands on the match, I swear to god I am going to make a landslide of GIFs to prove you that she was limping. :lol:

I'm laughing so hard at the bitter Agatha fans insulting Azarenka btw.

Petkorazzi
Feb 18th, 2012, 08:09 PM
Azarenka was definitely hindered on her movement but Aga is so impotent that she couldn't make her move at all. :lol:

GoofyDuck
Feb 18th, 2012, 08:11 PM
When I get my hands on the match, I swear to god I am going to make a landslide of GIFs to prove you that she was limping. :lol:

I'm laughing so hard at the bitter Agatha fans insulting Azarenka btw.

I'm not Aga fan :( but you don't have to make a slideshow for me. Just try to make some highlights of non-Azarenka matches, your youtube channel could improve.:)

Brad[le]y.
Feb 18th, 2012, 08:11 PM
Good lord, this shrieking thing is on a winning streak, someone help us :o

And :lol: at Swingvolley calling someone else pressed.

Pops Maellard
Feb 18th, 2012, 08:14 PM
Agatha

http://e.asset.soup.io/asset/2537/1118_9d36.gif

Zamboni
Feb 18th, 2012, 08:22 PM
Enough bickering.