PDA

View Full Version : WWW Doha Semifinal: (3) Sam Stosur vs (5) Marion Bartoli

dsanders06
Feb 17th, 2012, 08:43 PM
Did I miss the thread or is it just that noone cares? :lol:

Match-up heavily favours Marion, energy levels surely favour Sam. Match-up always seems to be the deciding factor in Sam's matches though, so I'll go with Marion, 7-5 6-2.

evana
Feb 17th, 2012, 08:45 PM
Marion in 2.

DemiCrayanhan
Feb 17th, 2012, 08:51 PM
if someone can tell me which sam will show up tomorrow, i might have a clue. if it's today's first 20min sam, she's through. but the maid's got a way to silence streaky ones. bottomline, no idea. that's why i'm actually interested in this one.

MaSharp
Feb 17th, 2012, 08:56 PM
Sam at the best could win tomorrow match but she almost never plays so good (I saw her just in US open). And this is the reason why I give more chances to Bartoli. Probably she will be through in straight sets.

Talula
Feb 17th, 2012, 08:57 PM
Did I miss the thread or is it just that noone cares? :lol:

Match-up heavily favours Marion, energy levels surely favour Sam. Match-up always seems to be the deciding factor in Sam's matches though, so I'll go with Marion, 7-5 6-2.

It's weird the apparent lack if interest in Doha!

Anyway, I can't wait for this match. A real litmus test for both. A chance for Marion to grab a scalp and for Sam to revive her fortunes. Of the two Marion is by far the most interesting player to watch for me so I hope she gets another final.

Sammo
Feb 17th, 2012, 09:00 PM
Tranion in 2 probably.

Simugna Help
Feb 17th, 2012, 09:22 PM
Sam easily. Bartoli wins her matches on mental toughness these past two weeks, and while you never you know with Chokesur, she should not let Bartoli get away this time.

Break My Rapture
Feb 17th, 2012, 09:33 PM
Despite all the upsets, the semifinal line-up is still pretty good. I'm pretty excited for this match, Stosur has proven she can play well on this surface but considering how much she depends on her opponents, these good matches are rare. :lol: Bartoli must be exhausted so I'll go with Stosur in 3.

Mistress of Evil
Feb 17th, 2012, 09:52 PM
Cake must be totally burnout by this point but the match is vs Stosur so she will still have a shot. :D

MarkNL
Feb 17th, 2012, 10:00 PM
Sam always struggles against Marion but Cake will be tirrd after her match against Safarova :oh:

Mr.Sharapova
Feb 17th, 2012, 10:31 PM
Stosur to win the whole thing :rocker2:. This match in two. 6-3,7-5.

StoneRose
Feb 18th, 2012, 01:06 AM
Despite all the upsets, the semifinal line-up is still pretty good. I'm pretty excited for this match, Stosur has proven she can play well on this surface but considering how much she depends on her opponents, these good matches are rare. :lol: Bartoli must be exhausted so I'll go with Stosur in 3.Semi final line up is perfect. Both semis can be exciting matches. Here Marion's in better form, i think she'll win in 2. If it goes to three anything can happen.

plokploky
Feb 18th, 2012, 01:12 AM
I have a feeling this will play out lie the paris final for marion. Stosur'll win the 1st set, then she'll lead and choke in the 2nd, then she lead and finish out in the third. I just hope stosur can win.

ElusiveChanteuse
Feb 18th, 2012, 03:39 AM
Sam in 2 close sets.

The Kaz
Feb 18th, 2012, 03:42 AM
Sam in 3. :D

6-4 <--- GOAT Sam
1-6 <--- Aust Sam
6-4 <--- Steady Sam/Tired Marion

Singleniacki
Feb 18th, 2012, 06:04 AM
I think it depends heavily on the first set for Marion (even more so than usual)
She'll have to do ALOT of work if Sam clinches it.

stromatolite
Feb 18th, 2012, 07:43 AM
This is actually very hard to call. Usually their matches are really one-sided, with the outcome depending heavily on whose game the surface suits better. I'm not sure the surface suits either of them particularly well this time, at least they both seem to be winning as much by gritting their way through difficult matches as by blitzing their opponents. So for a change I'm expecting a close 3-setter tomorrow with neither player ever getting fully on top of the other. I think Sam will just squeeze through, but won't be surprised if it goes the other way.

InsideOut.
Feb 18th, 2012, 10:57 AM
Marion in 3, hopefully. Something like 6-4 2-6 6-4 with Marion coming back from 4-2 deficit in the third. :)

Tranion in 2 probably.

Nothing against Sam herself, but a Stosur fan calling another player a tranny. :bigcry:

purerandomness
Feb 18th, 2012, 11:53 AM
Com'on Stosur. 7-6,6-0 is good score.