PDA

View Full Version : A Biblical Apocalypse, The Consequences of Mankindís World-wide Abuse, or...?

RVD
Feb 17th, 2012, 07:01 PM
...something more sinister or subtle?

I was talking to a few folks about the recent reports over the media's "Food Shortage" broadcasts and decided to look into this issue a bit deeper.
One question that immediately came to mind was that the numerous 'animal death' reports might be a series of consequences, despite the fact that the deaths were occurring in different parts of the world over the course of a decade.

Then I thought maybe with all of the oil drilling, CO2, and various other forms of contamination being pumped into nature on a daily basis were finally having an affect on the animals and severely influencing the food food chain... cycle & balance.
Now, I'm not so sure.
I refuse to believe that this is an alien attack/invasion, because it's just too subtle. :lol:

So then I decided to write down a few of the questions I'd heard or read about concerning this mysterious animal deaths phenomena, and impending global food shortage. And the following are the questions whittled down to my top

1) Is mankind finally reaping the resulting consequences of his abuse of the planet (i.e.: oil spills, CO2 emissions, synthetic insecticide use, etc...)?

2)Is it the Revelations spoken of in the Christian Bible?

3) Is it a worldwide governmental conspiracy by various national powers to force a one world rule?

4) Is it the Earth once again evolving through it’s many climate changes (Global Warming/Cooling).

5) Is this an alien attack?

Or,

6) Is a global food shortage inconceivable, and this all may be another manufactured crisis by yet another industry(ies) seeking to exploit of the world-wide economic situation?
BTW, I discovered global food shortage media reports as far back as 2002.

All theories are welcome.
This isn't a hyper-serious discussion...yet. :)

BTW, here's an interesting Youtube vid I ran across while researching this topic.
It's worth a watch:

nitqp6xG_OE

miffedmax
Feb 17th, 2012, 07:15 PM
There are a lot of complex issues at play. I'm inclined to believe that some of the threats are exaggerated and the fact is that some people are in the business of developing worst case scenarios because sometimes, worse case scenarios do come true. I do think we need to do something about reducing our use of carbon-based energy, and we need to figure out what we're going to do when we run out of phosphates for fertilizers. On the other hand, I also think we're going to see a rapid slow-down in population growth in increasingly wealthy places like India and that China's population growth will remain flat. That's going to ease some of the pressure right there.

I am not one to automatically assume letting government leadership solve certain kinds of problems is automatically bad. I am far more comfortable with the government managing public lands and restricting or incentivizing certain types of industries than I am having them read my e-mails or dictating who I can marry or listening in on my cell phone calls.

RVD
Feb 17th, 2012, 07:44 PM
There are a lot of complex issues at play. I'm inclined to believe that some of the threats are exaggerated and the fact is that some people are in the business of developing worst case scenarios because sometimes, worse case scenarios do come true. I do think we need to do something about reducing our use of carbon-based energy, and we need to figure out what we're going to do when we run out of phosphates for fertilizers. On the other hand, I also think we're going to see a rapid slow-down in population growth in increasingly wealthy places like India and that China's population growth will remain flat. That's going to ease some of the pressure right there.

I am not one to automatically assume letting government leadership solve certain kinds of problems is automatically bad. I am far more comfortable with the government managing public lands and restricting or incentivizing certain types of industries than I am having them read my e-mails or dictating who I can marry or listening in on my cell phone calls.It is certainly complex, as their are so many variables.
The pragmatic approach would suggest that each nation seriously consider and address any and all man-made emission problem to reduce the strain on the environment overall. Also, the synthesized pesticides we produce today are reportedly several times more toxic than their predecessors (DDT). Pretty crazy but, this isn't a well known fact.
If there was a one world rule, and it can solve many of the current economic problems, then I am all for the change. No form of government is perfect, and the one we're under now evidently isn't working; just as so many others around the world aren't. I'd certainly be open to the possibilities.

It's well known that the media will over-embellish in order to sell their stories to garner viewers, readers, subscribers, and ads. So it's hard to say just how pressing this issue actually is. And at the same time, the food, oil, transportation, and farming industries, will all gain massive profits from consumers being the hype. and I can't see many experts coming forward to dispel the rumors, as these guys can easily be suppressed by the larger and more pervasive powers.

It's an interesting issue to me at the moment.