Thank you Aga :hearts:

Better than yesterday :)

FedererBulgaria
Feb 17th, 2012, 07:50 PM
Shame!Someone stop her PLS!

s teddy
Feb 17th, 2012, 07:51 PM
Thank you Aga :hearts:

Do you have any idea how annoying that is?

First set was pretty awful. Second was much better from both players.

Excelscior
Feb 17th, 2012, 07:52 PM
Oops!!

But I think she'll learn from this, take the points, and of course this will suit her better in the long run.

Congrats to Aga. And good luck to XTina in the future.

asmad77
Feb 17th, 2012, 07:52 PM

stop yourself kiddy..

fede33
Feb 17th, 2012, 07:53 PM
Volleys, Passing and Drop Shot ! :drool::drool::drool:

beat Vika tomorrow :bounce::bounce:

Irute
Feb 17th, 2012, 07:53 PM
Congrats Aga, well done :yeah:

Landon92
Feb 17th, 2012, 07:54 PM
So good from her, second set was better. Nice to see her playing that well.
She has a shot tomorrow.

Simugna Help
Feb 17th, 2012, 07:54 PM
Only 60 minutes today. Glad she conserved energy for tomorrow, maybe she won't falter in the second set like the last two times. :hysteric:

eDonkey
Feb 17th, 2012, 07:55 PM

Why???

I love Aga!Love her dropshots (really spectacular and effective today) and her ability to dismantle other players' games.
McHale was not that bad, but Radwanska would run for every ball and slice it at once.:lol:

:eek: at how powerful and aggresive McHale become when she realized her strategy was not doing her good.That angles and backhand was surely amazing.

Good luck in the semis, Aga!:)

HuHu
http://i41.tinypic.com/2hmemo2.jpg

gaja kesari
Well played Agnieszka. Much better control of the match than yesterday.
Good luck tomorrow against Vika!

Patrick345
Feb 17th, 2012, 07:56 PM
McHale is like a mini version of Petkovic. Her overheads are cringe-worthy weak. That allowed Radwanska to win a lot of rallies she had no business getting back into.

Barktra
Feb 17th, 2012, 07:58 PM
Mcfail

GoofyDuck
Feb 17th, 2012, 07:58 PM
To many UE's for Aga

kiriosh.
Feb 17th, 2012, 07:59 PM
Very good match, Aga. She played aggressive.

cordec
Feb 17th, 2012, 08:00 PM
Oh my, Azarenka again??? That's really strange. Third tournament in the row and Vika's going to end Aga's dream :lol:

Adrian.
Feb 17th, 2012, 08:00 PM
Aga :cheer:

sweetadri06
Feb 17th, 2012, 08:01 PM
Aga adding up those points....

Sombrerero loco
Feb 17th, 2012, 08:06 PM
aga :worship: keep winning!!

donellcarey
Feb 17th, 2012, 08:07 PM
Xtina:hug:

TrojanStallion
Feb 17th, 2012, 08:07 PM
Mcfail

stfu trash.

matty
Feb 17th, 2012, 08:08 PM
McHale is like a mini version of Petkovic. Her overheads are cringe-worthy weak. That allowed Radwanska to win a lot of rallies she had no business getting back into.

Agree--Aga ran down the first one because passive McHale let it bounce first (plus Aga can run down just about anything). McHale should have taken the next one in the air. If something isn't working CHANGE SOMETHING--don't keep doing the same thing.

She also needs to work on her backhand and learn to hit some dtl instead of all those cc backhands.

I understand the merit of having a level-headed calm on-court demeanor, but McHale takes it too far. She needs to get more fired up and realize throwing points away will cost her the match.

I want to like her becasue she's an Amercian, but i don't see any fire in her belly--just annoying to watch her play so lame and not change things up.

Oh and congrats to the wiley, scrappy Aga--she gets 'er done! Hopefully not getting past Vika :hearts:, thoguh.

Aryman3
Feb 17th, 2012, 08:08 PM
I was proud today. Aga

Cinek
Feb 17th, 2012, 08:11 PM
Aga :cheer:

Next SF :)

Good luck vs. Vika :wavey:

aguy9797
Feb 17th, 2012, 08:13 PM
can't wait to watch it on Tennis Channel.

I do not understand that McHale hype, calling her a "rising star" is a huge stretch, as far as I am concern.

I hope she can became a solid Top 40 player and make a decent life out of playing tennis.

Sammo
Feb 17th, 2012, 08:14 PM
:spit: I should have watched this.

matty
Feb 17th, 2012, 08:16 PM
can't wait to watch it on Tennis Channel.

I do not understand that McHale hype, calling her a "rising star" is a huge stretch, as far as I am concern.

I hope she can became a solid Top 40 player and make a decent life out of playing tennis.

Hey, anybody the US can get and keep in the top 30/40 is good--we'll take what we can get...who else has there been lately besides the Williams
sisters? King, Harlkeroad, briefly Oudin?

Ryan
Feb 17th, 2012, 08:18 PM
Solid win from Aga. Xtina looked tired though - no energy in her shots, lots of silly errors - she can definitely play better.

delicatecutter
Feb 17th, 2012, 08:21 PM
Aga! :cheer: Good luck in the SF!!

plokploky
Feb 17th, 2012, 08:21 PM
:sobbing:poor mchale, thought she had a chance due to shit radwanska turning up for most of the tournament, but aga has the ability of just playing slightly better than her opponent and not wasting any energy. Please, for the love of god now, beat vika tomorrow.

shoparound
Feb 17th, 2012, 08:24 PM
Xtina just has way too many problems against players who can redirect her shot and force her to move.
She needs a better game plan against them.

Alwaysfan
Feb 17th, 2012, 08:25 PM
^THIS

Poor Xtina

aguy9797
Feb 17th, 2012, 08:25 PM
Hey, anybody the US can get and keep in the top 30/40 is good--we'll take what we can get...who else has there been lately besides the Williams
sisters? King, Harlkeroad, briefly Oudin?

sure,I agree.

what I was saying is that both ESPN and TC love to create all this hype and expectations around those girls (McHale being the girl of the moment), which is not good for them at all (Oudin is the best example).

Let's just accept McHale's limited potential and let her work on making improvements instead on putting all this pressure of being the future of American tennis. :rolleyes:

She just has no potentials to be a top player, I think, but I hope she will prove me wrong :)

sweetadri06
Feb 17th, 2012, 08:31 PM
sure,I agree.

what I was saying is that both ESPN and TC love to create all this hype and expectations around those girls (McHale being the girl of the moment), which is not good for them at all (Oudin is the best example).

Let's just accept McHale's limited potential and let her work on making improvements instead on putting all this pressure of being the future of American tennis. :rolleyes:

She just has no potentials to be a top player, I think, but I hope she will prove me wrong :)

Americans have just been spoiled. Trust me it will only get worse once Serena retires. I like Christina too but even I know she has a limited game. She is a solid top 30/40 player and if she ever gets ranked higher than that it will be a huge accomplishment.

sammy01
Feb 17th, 2012, 08:32 PM
semi final without breaking sweat beating those below her. she probably wont bother vika in the semi final but constant semi finals at the really big events are more than enough, aga will just be woz mark 2.

she wont trouble the number 1 spot unless she gets a woz style us open 09 draw, but top 3 is so doable for her now.

PLP
Feb 17th, 2012, 08:57 PM
Mcfail

I would hardly call making the quarters of Doha a failure, but OK. :lol:

Great tournament for Xtina, she will learn from this.

Congrats to Aga, well played. Would like to see her win the tournament!

gaja kesari
Feb 17th, 2012, 09:09 PM
Give McHale a break you lot.
Even better: give her some time.

Javi.
Feb 17th, 2012, 09:27 PM
McHale has got twice the number of the games than she got in her previous match vs Aga. :worship:

Mistress of Evil
Feb 17th, 2012, 09:54 PM
Queen Vulture living up to her new title :cheer:

Lulu.
Feb 17th, 2012, 09:54 PM
Aga. :yeah:
Tough luck Christina. :o

The Dawntreader
Feb 17th, 2012, 09:57 PM
Another amazing performance by Mchale on a big stage:worship: I used to think the nickname 'McFail' was harsh, but now I think it's rather apt.

Capriati Rules
Feb 17th, 2012, 10:13 PM
Americans have just been spoiled. Trust me it will only get worse once Serena retires. I like Christina too but even I know she has a limited game. She is a solid top 30/40 player and if she ever gets ranked higher than that it will be a huge accomplishment.

This is absolutely can not be said yet...the girl is still developing her game and improving so you can not put a ceiling on her yet. This is a big jump now and a big transition and the fact that she's still able to consitently win matches right now is a testament to her improvement. Sure she's not beating top 10 players right now but her game isn't the type that she's going to have big breakthroughs right away. She needs time to figure out game plans and game some experience at this next level. She's getting there though.

aguy9797
Feb 17th, 2012, 10:23 PM
This is absolutely can not be said yet...the girl is still developing her game and improving so you can not put a ceiling on her yet. This is a big jump now and a big transition and the fact that she's still able to consitently win matches right now is a testament to her improvement. Sure she's not beating top 10 players right now but her game isn't the type that she's going to have big breakthroughs right away. She needs time to figure out game plans and game some experience at this next level. She's getting there though.

This is true.

On the other hand, she will turn 20 in a couple of months. We all know what other players were able to achieve before turning 20.

I wish McHAle all the best, but I doubt there is a Top 20 player in her.

Capriati Rules
Feb 17th, 2012, 11:22 PM
This is true.

On the other hand, she will turn 20 in a couple of months. We all know what other players were able to achieve before turning 20.

I wish McHAle all the best, but I doubt there is a Top 20 player in her.

Unlike most other players though McHale didn't even begin to start playing on the tour professionally until she was 18! She was still deciding whether to go the pro route or go to college and didn't even play a full schedule before then. The thing about her too is her game ISN'T like the rest of these girls. She's not a Kvitova or a Azarenka or Sharapova obviously and she didnt' have the head start Caro and Aga had to get the experience they had at their age. She's going to develop like Jankovic if anyone. She'll peak in a few years similar to Harkleroad after she made her comeback and end up having a more succesful career because unlike most of these other girls she's smart! That's going to win her more matches then lose once she figures out how to get Top 10 wins more consistently.

I love the posters on this forum though...first it was oh she'll never be top 100...then never top 75 then top 50 then top 40...she just keeps getting better and consistent and proving them all wrong though. :drool:

shoparound
Feb 17th, 2012, 11:33 PM
sure,I agree.

But Xtina barely gets any hype on tv, if any

SwingVolley93
Feb 17th, 2012, 11:40 PM
Where the haters be??
:cheer:

aguy9797
Feb 17th, 2012, 11:47 PM
Unlike most other players though McHale didn't even begin to start playing on the tour professionally until she was 18! She was still deciding whether to go the pro route or go to college and didn't even play a full schedule before then. The thing about her too is her game ISN'T like the rest of these girls. She's not a Kvitova or a Azarenka or Sharapova obviously and she didnt' have the head start Caro and Aga had to get the experience they had at their age. She's going to develop like Jankovic if anyone. She'll peak in a few years similar to Harkleroad after she made her comeback and end up having a more succesful career because unlike most of these other girls she's smart! That's going to win her more matches then lose once she figures out how to get Top 10 wins more consistently.

I love the posters on this forum though...first it was oh she'll never be top 100...then never top 75 then top 50 then top 40...she just keeps getting better and consistent and proving them all wrong though. :drool:

ok, i truly hope you are right :)

aguy9797
Feb 17th, 2012, 11:54 PM
But Xtina barely gets any hype on tv, if any

Did you watch AO when she was a favorite to beat Jankovic, or the Fed Cup against Belarus when Christina was beating one of the world's top players Yakimova?

StoneRose
Feb 18th, 2012, 12:02 AM
Nice semi tomorrow. I expect a tough fight.

Lord Choc Ice
Feb 18th, 2012, 12:19 AM
McFail :lol:.

BillFromRichmond
Feb 18th, 2012, 12:33 AM

Agree with all of this. Give the girl some space and time! She's out there playing tournaments, getting experience and beating mid tier players.

Capriati Rules
Feb 18th, 2012, 12:52 AM
McFail :lol:.

you clearly have nothing better to do than troll and hate...:rolleyes:

Gilas.
Feb 18th, 2012, 06:14 AM
Sure, a girl closing in on Top 30 while started playing on pro tour at 18 is a failure :rolleyes:
Christina is definitely NOT the most talented player on tour, but give her credit for rising steadily through the rankings.There have beedn many who have been touted as future grand slam champs who haven't really made a mark in the senior tour yet! (Won't name names, you know who they are :angel:)

As for the match, it was all too easy for Aga. Christina was very predictable throughout: releasing a big forehand like 90% of the time but not with enough pace to get Aga offscreen. She did not anything about Aga's poor second serves either. All Aga really had to do is to withstand the barrage and move Christina side to side to get the error and the short ball to attack. This is obviosuly a bad match-up for her and I hope she will improve her gameplan next time they meet.

Drake1980
Feb 18th, 2012, 06:18 AM
:bounce:

BlueTrees
Feb 18th, 2012, 07:16 AM
LOL some people are so stupid. Yeah, Christina is SUCH a fail. She's 19 and about to break the Top 30 (she wasn't even Top 100 a year ago), is so far ahead of the other girls her age it's not even funny, but yes, she sucks and should retire immediately! :rolleyes:

And can people stop bringing up useless statistics about the age that Sharapova was winning Slams and stuff and comparing it to the upcoming players today? Everybody knows that's an irrelevant comparison.

olivero
Feb 18th, 2012, 09:30 AM
:cheer: well done

BillFromRichmond
Feb 18th, 2012, 10:08 PM
Sure, a girl closing in on Top 30 while started playing on pro tour at 18 is a failure :rolleyes:
Christina is definitely NOT the most talented player on tour, but give her credit for rising steadily through the rankings.There have beedn many who have been touted as future grand slam champs who haven't really made a mark in the senior tour yet! (Won't name names, you know who they are :angel:)

As for the match, it was all too easy for Aga. Christina was very predictable throughout: releasing a big forehand like 90% of the time but not with enough pace to get Aga offscreen. She did not anything about Aga's poor second serves either. All Aga really had to do is to withstand the barrage and move Christina side to side to get the error and the short ball to attack. This is obviosuly a bad match-up for her and I hope she will improve her gameplan next time they meet.

Just as Agi and Vika is a bad match up for Agi...case in point. today's semifinal match.