Feb 17th, 2012, 05:33 PM
http://i42.tinypic.com/2rc0mfs.jpg

hablo
Feb 17th, 2012, 05:33 PM
Bravo Marion! :clap2:

Made Safarova look like an amateur from game 2, 3rd set. :tape:

Talula
Feb 17th, 2012, 05:34 PM
Fantastic match. Marion was awesome. I really like Lucie but she needs to sharpen up. I also think she's too nice. She could have won this with some tactical changes. But this was a great match and Marion really deserves the win. I'd love to see her win a major. She's a real pro.

hingis-seles
Feb 17th, 2012, 05:35 PM
Not pretty but she's getting the job done and I have no idea how - she SHOULD be exhausted by now but she keeps fighting and getting herself into the later rounds.

I hope she can carry this momentum through to a win over Stosur in their semifinal tomorrow. She'll need her serve to work better.

Petronius
Feb 17th, 2012, 05:37 PM
Lucie paid a big price for failing to serve out the first set at 5*-4. Overall a good tournament though.

Gilas.
Feb 17th, 2012, 05:39 PM
Fighter! Respect for Marion :bowdown:
Lucie :hug: that first set was yours for the taking. Still a good tournament for you.

MaSharp
Feb 17th, 2012, 05:41 PM
Good win for Marion. I think she could defeat Sam easily and face Azarenka in the final. Unfortunately Lucie lost, today she definitly didn't play so well as against Wozniacki and Kuznetsova, but anyway good tournement for her. =)

misty1
Feb 17th, 2012, 05:41 PM
marion:bounce:

great win

plokploky
Feb 17th, 2012, 05:46 PM
loving the constant fight by bartloi.

IF she manages a win over stosur, then she better beat azarenka.

Lighter
Feb 17th, 2012, 05:51 PM
Sam sumyk watched match. TV showed him.

Good fight from Marion.

Talula
Feb 17th, 2012, 05:51 PM
Azarenka's coach was watching the match. Maybe he felt the winner would be the finalist?!

Excelscior
Feb 17th, 2012, 06:07 PM
Sooner or later, you knew the real Lucie was going to show up. And she did!

Oh Well. Good for her to pick up some points from the event.

Better luck next time.

flareon
Feb 17th, 2012, 06:10 PM
I really hope bartoli wins this tournament she deserves it so much she is playing very well match of the tournament :)

Foals.
Feb 17th, 2012, 06:26 PM
Lucie played a brainless last set. :facepalm: It was very competitive up till then.

Lucie had the edge in the first set, it was close but Marion's persistence and mental strength prevailed. In the second Lucie played much better, fought off the close games well and finished with many winners and few errors. The last set Lucie seemed mentally gone, while Marion gave very little away. Reach the final please Marion.

Ferg
Feb 17th, 2012, 06:35 PM
Well at least this is good news.

Petkorazzi
Feb 17th, 2012, 07:06 PM
I really enjoyed watching Safarova this week. :shrug: Funny how she can be one of the best and one of the worst players to watch at the same time. :lol:

Sombrerero loco
Feb 17th, 2012, 07:09 PM
sam please stop the cake!

FedererBulgaria
Feb 17th, 2012, 07:12 PM
Lucie :hug:

Charlatan
Feb 17th, 2012, 07:15 PM
Lucie made way too many errors. of course that'd happen when u go for ur shots and hit many winners, but she could have at least toned down her errors a bit

Setsuna.
Feb 17th, 2012, 07:20 PM
Good tournement for Lucie overall. Lucie's game is such a joy to watch when she is on. Can't say the same thing about Marion's game.

evana
Feb 17th, 2012, 07:29 PM
say whatever you want, but Marion is such a fighter, she always looks like she's going to collapse on court, but still somehow wins :lol: :yeah:

jedw
Feb 17th, 2012, 07:37 PM
Marion :cheer:

I know she has a good chance against Stosur, 2 finals in a row?:rolleyes:

faboozadoo15
Feb 17th, 2012, 07:41 PM
Let's go Marion!

This was a pretty good match where the steadier player edged out the win. Marion gets a deceptive amount of balls back and was great at getting Lucie out of position and drawing an error.

Excelscior
Feb 17th, 2012, 07:50 PM
I really enjoyed watching Safarova this week. :shrug: Funny how she can be one of the best and one of the worst players to watch at the same time. :lol:

Brilliant point (though she played mostly brilliant in this tournament, till her brain fart in the third set yesterday).

mac47
Feb 17th, 2012, 08:31 PM
Congrats to Marion. Pity for Lucie. She's had a great run lately.

I would love to see Marion play Vika. That'd be a grudge match because Marion didn't cooperate with Vika's attempt to conserve energy in her lame duck RR match at YEC. Vika ended up getting booed, Marion won the (meaningless) match, and Vika was royally pissed off. So I think we might see some sparks fly if they meet again.

Marion's certainly not afraid of Vika. Heck, she's not afraid of anyone.

Lighter
Feb 17th, 2012, 08:35 PM

I would love to see Marion play Vika. That'd be a grudge match because Marion didn't cooperate with Vika's attempt to conserve energy in her lame duck RR match at YEC. Vika ended up getting booed, Marion won the (meaningless) match, and Vika was royally pissed off. So I think we might see some sparks fly if they meet again.

Marion's certainly not afraid of Vika. Heck, she's not afraid of anyone.In Sydney, Marion led by 5-2 1st set and also broke and led during 2nd set. Even Vika said that it was tough for her.

Vika and Marion must win their respective semi before.

jedw
Feb 17th, 2012, 08:36 PM

they have already met again since then, she lost to Azarenka in Sydney.

Edit:Just noticed this was already posted while I was typing.

Lulu.
Feb 17th, 2012, 08:38 PM
Congrats Marion. :)
Nice try Lucie. :hug:

Mistress of Evil
Feb 17th, 2012, 08:57 PM
Poor Lucifer :awww: Still lots of positives/points to take from this tourney :hug:
Cake :cheer:

Simugna Help
Feb 17th, 2012, 09:12 PM
That might be the case, but her H2H against both Azarenka and Radwańska is extremely unfavorable. Not counting YEC which was a farce, it's 1-8 and 0-6 respectively.

So either way Cake is not leaving Doha as a champion.:angel: