PDA

View Full Version : What's the deal with FOX?

Sammo
Feb 17th, 2012, 04:35 PM
Hi, as I'm not American I can't really enlighten myself with this channel's political ideology, I've always heard that they have a bias for the Republican Party, I even found this the other day while watching reviews of Sim City Societies, watch it, they say that by showing the benefits of green power and the disadvantages that contamination has the game promotes a liberal agenda :tape:

oq_R4LrzHb4

I usually watch series like The Simpsons or Family Guy and many times they taunt about how lame Republicans are, so I'm kind of confused.

JN
Feb 17th, 2012, 04:40 PM
If you think that's bad:

jl6ekkvWnOE

miffedmax
Feb 17th, 2012, 04:43 PM
They have two networks in the US, one which is primarily an entertainment and mainstream sports network (which broadcasts The Simpsons, Family Guy, and NFL games along with other programs. It is generally broadcast over the airwaves (i.e. you don't need cable or satellite to get it). They also have Fox News, which is a cable network known as having a heavily Republican slant. The two operate with a certain amount of independence.

They also have a bunch of regional sports cable networks, all owned by the same company but with a lot of independence.

Basically, the entertainment network and the news network are aimed at two different viewerships and the main goal is profits.

Sammo
Feb 17th, 2012, 04:45 PM
I see... thanks.

Dani12
Feb 18th, 2012, 04:08 AM
I've seen a little bit of Fox news, all they seem to do is invite guests on their show and then yell at them/talk over them in an obnoxious manner.

Helen Lawson
Feb 18th, 2012, 12:16 PM
They do that, only Debbie Wasserman Schultz talks right back over them and really calls out Gretchen Carlson on stuff, they do great interviews though because they really get into it.

Fox is having a hard time with this election, they don't like Mitt Romney and they really backed Newt, but Newt has flamed out. They don't seem to like Santorum either.
Fox leans right, but CNBC and CNN lean left, so you don't get any neutral news.

delicatecutter
Feb 18th, 2012, 12:34 PM
NPR tries too hard to be neutral and it pisses me off.

King Halep
Feb 18th, 2012, 01:49 PM
They have two networks in the US, one which is primarily an entertainment and mainstream sports network (which broadcasts The Simpsons, Family Guy, and NFL games along with other programs. It is generally broadcast over the airwaves (i.e. you don't need cable or satellite to get it). They also have Fox News, which is a cable network known as having a heavily Republican slant. The two operate with a certain amount of independence.

They also have a bunch of regional sports cable networks, all owned by the same company but with a lot of independence.

Basically, the entertainment network and the news network are aimed at two different viewerships and the main goal is profits.

They both have the same aim of making people stupider.

Sgt.Timmykinz
Feb 18th, 2012, 07:32 PM
Yeah I've never understood how they can promote "Family Values" and the Republican agenda but then have shows like The Simpsons and Family Guy which have a more liberal stance!