PDA

View Full Version : Court Docs From Chris Brown's Assault On Rihanna Released To The Public

Brooklyn90
Feb 17th, 2012, 05:19 AM
From Perez Hilton
http://perezhilton.com/2012-02-17-court-documents-of-chris-brown-rihanna-beating-released/?more=yes#more-217988

This is really sick! Should have been attempted murder.

"Brown was driving a vehicle with Robyn F. as the front passenger on an unknown street in Los Angeles. Robyn F. picked up Brown’s cellular phone and observed a three-page text message from a woman who Brown had a previous sexual relationship with.

A verbal argument ensued and Brown pulled the vehicle over on an unknown street, reached over Robyn F. with his right hand, opened the car door and attempted to force her out. Brown was unable to force Robyn F. out of the vehicle because she was wearing a seat belt. When he could not force her to exit, he took his right hand and shoved her head against he passenger window of the vehicle, causing an approximate one-inch raised circular contusion.

Robyn F. turned to face Brown and he punched her in the left eye with his right hand. He then drove away in the vehicle and continued to punch her in the face with his right hand while steering the vehicle with his left hand. The assault caused Robyn F.’s mouth to fill with blood and blood to splatter all over her clothing and the interior of the vehicle.

Brown looked at Robyn F. and stated, 'I’m going to beat the sh– out of you when we get home! You wait and see!'
The detective said “Robyn F.” then used her cell phone to call her personal assistant Jennifer Rosales, who did not answer.

Robyn F. pretended to talk to her and stated, 'I’m on my way home. Make sure the police are there when I get there.' After Robyn F. faked the call, Brown looked at her and stated, 'You just did the stupidest thing ever! Now I’m really going to kill you!'

Brown resumed punching Robyn F. and she interlocked her fingers behind her head and brought her elbows forward to protect her face. She then bent over at the waist, placing her elbows and face near her lap in [an] attempt to protect her face and head from the barrage of punches being levied upon her by Brown.

Brown continued to punch Robyn F. on her left arm and hand, causing her to suffer a contusion on her left triceps (sic) that was approximately two inches in diameter and numerous contusions on her left hand.

Robyn F. then attempted to send a text message to her other personal assistant, Melissa Ford. Brown snatched the cellular telephone out of her hand and threw it out of the window onto an unknown street.

Brown continued driving and Robyn F. observed his cellular telephone sitting in his lap. She picked up the cellular telephone with her left hand and before she could make a call he placed her in a head lock with his right hand and continued to drive the vehicle with his left hand.

Brown pulled Robyn F. close to him and bit her on her left ear. She was able to feel the vehicle swerving from right to left as Brown sped away. He stopped the vehicle in front of 333 North June Street and Robyn F. turned off the car, removed the key from the ignition and sat on it.

Brown did not know what she did with the key and began punching her in the face and arms. He then placed her in a head lock positioning the front of her throat between his bicep and forearm. Brown began applying pressure to Robyn F.’s left and right carotid arteries, causing her to be unable to breathe and she began to lose consciousness.

She reached up with her left hand and began attempting to gouge his eyes in an attempt to free herself. Brown bit her left ring and middle fingers and then released her. While Brown continued to punch her, she turned around and placed her back against the passenger door. She brought her knees to her chest, placed her feet against Brown’s body and began pushing him away. Brown continued to punch her on the legs and feet, causing several contusions.

Robyn F. began screaming for help and Brown exited the vehicle and walked away. A resident in the neighborhood heard Robyn F.’s plea for help and called 911, causing a police response. An investigation was conducted and Robyn F. was issued a Domestic Violence Emergency Protective Order.

Lord Choc Ice
Feb 17th, 2012, 05:23 AM
I read on Twitter that she has now reunited with Chris for a remix of "Birthday Cake"...

Moveyourfeet
Feb 17th, 2012, 05:41 AM
Well that was quite the beatdown...

Lord Choc Ice
Feb 17th, 2012, 05:42 AM
Can't really feel sympathy for her if she's now best buds with him again...

Moveyourfeet
Feb 17th, 2012, 05:43 AM
FkHRaFKjZmQ

Brooklyn90
Feb 17th, 2012, 06:04 AM
FkHRaFKjZmQ

omg :lol:

Apoleb
Feb 17th, 2012, 06:42 AM
:speakles:

Lulu.
Feb 17th, 2012, 06:50 AM
I'm a fan of her's but I don't understand how she'd ever want to deal with him again. :tape:

Apoleb
Feb 17th, 2012, 07:01 AM

I'm a fan of her's but I don't understand how she'd ever want to deal with him again. :tape:

Being "friends" with him and doing business are not the same things as getting back to him. I'd be worried if they started dating again.

LeRoy.
Feb 17th, 2012, 07:13 AM
I am sorry but if a guy did that to me, i would never be friends with them, invite them to my birthday party or worse work with them on a song together. She seems to love "living dangerously" and Chris Brown will be the end of her. Another Whitney/Bobby Brown in the making only far worse.

After this I have lost all respect i had for her as an artist and as a person. What a mess Rihanna is ! :speakles: :help: :facepalm:

Pureracket
Feb 17th, 2012, 01:10 PM
You all DO know that he'll probably end up killing her if they get back together, right?

BuTtErFrEnA
Feb 17th, 2012, 01:20 PM
You all DO know that he'll probably end up killing her if they get back together, right?

she was going back with him until public outcry and her team knew it would affect marketability...doesn't mean she doesn't want to go back...:shrug: if she does, :shrug: if she doesn't

ElusiveChanteuse
Feb 17th, 2012, 01:24 PM
I guess she can't wait to have sex with Chris Brown again.:oh:

h_E2AhbbwdY
:oh: Around 01:40 onwards.:oh:

The Witch-king
Feb 17th, 2012, 01:42 PM
I remember reading these details in a newspaper after the actual event. Not sure why you're posting this now.

she was going back with him until public outcry and her team knew it would affect marketability...doesn't mean she doesn't want to go back...:shrug: if she does, :shrug: if she doesn't

Abuse victims often go back to their abusers. It's a vicious cycle. And seeing as how Chris doesn't seem to have learned much since... I sincerely hope she isn't going back.

mykarma
Feb 17th, 2012, 01:45 PM
What does one have to do with the other?

JN
Feb 17th, 2012, 01:57 PM
I remember reading these details in a newspaper after the actual event. Not sure why you're posting this now.

Had he not won a Grammy on Sunday, I don't believe we'd be reading this. They hate for us to get up after we've fallen down.

BuTtErFrEnA
Feb 17th, 2012, 02:07 PM
Had he not won a Grammy on Sunday, I don't believe we'd be reading this. They hate for us to get up after we've fallen down.

correct....this info is not new, but now that he came back in the public eye they're pulling him down...all other criminals serve their time in prison and you hear all the HR arguments about giving them a second chance....guess the same doesn't apply to everyone

JJ Expres
Feb 17th, 2012, 02:35 PM
I am sorry but if a guy did that to me, i would never be friends with them, invite them to my birthday party or worse work with them on a song together. She seems to love "living dangerously" and Chris Brown will be the end of her. Another Whitney/Bobby Brown in the making only far worse.

After this I have lost all respect i had for her as an artist and as a person. What a mess Rihanna is ! :speakles: :help: :facepalm:

maybe they pay her an enormous amount of money just to pretend that everything is okay now(i mean chris brown team) :shrug:

Mistress of Evil
Feb 17th, 2012, 02:40 PM
Very disturbing seeing that people treat him as if nothing happened, Chris Brown is an excuse of a man :o As to Rihanna, she has some very serious, deep issues if she indeed is having any kind of contact with that monster, I was surprised that she didn't do all in her power to get him behind bars for years since she could have but reuniting with him is too much. God help her, she definitely needs it. :tape:

Ryan
Feb 17th, 2012, 02:58 PM
I can't believe people are acting pissed at Rihanna. I'm not a woman, or an abuse victim, but have you guys never heard of people going back with their attackers/abusers? It's not pretty, and its not productive, but its not really something a lot of people can control - and if it is, its obviously a lot harder to achieve than people are making out. You can SAY you'd never go back to someone who did that, but until you've been in the spot she has you're just spouting hot air.

Dominic
Feb 17th, 2012, 04:01 PM
What does one have to do with the other?

I also find it very difficult to have sympathy for someone who doesn't even have it for herself. After reading this, he is even more sick than I though, but she definitely has issues being buddies with him again. And I really hope not but it wouldn't surprise me if they were back together at some point.

mykarma
Feb 17th, 2012, 04:19 PM
I can't believe people are acting pissed at Rihanna. I'm not a woman, or an abuse victim, but have you guys never heard of people going back with their attackers/abusers? It's not pretty, and its not productive, but its not really something a lot of people can control - and if it is, its obviously a lot harder to achieve than people are making out. You can SAY you'd never go back to someone who did that, but until you've been in the spot she has you're just spouting hot air.
Correcto

mykarma
Feb 17th, 2012, 04:26 PM
I also find it very difficult to have sympathy for someone who doesn't even have it for herself. After reading this, he is even more sick than I though, but she definitely has issues being buddies with him again. And I really hope not but it wouldn't surprise me if they were back together at some point.
She's in the same environment as he and to hold on to hate only hurts her. It's much easier to hold a grudge than to forgive. What do want her to do when she sees him, roll her eyes and hold the negative feelings inside. The man was brought up in an abusive household and has gone to anger management to try and break the cycle which isn't easy to do. For her sake I hope she won't go back with him and if she's weak enough to do it I hope the counseling has helped him. BTW, people are capable of changing, it happens all the time.

BuTtErFrEnA
Feb 17th, 2012, 04:42 PM
i love how people act like rihanna is all innocent...from school days she was in fights with guys...one particularly has lasted throughout school memory and was laughed at because SHE started it...

but i love it even more how he has no chance for forgiveness but you'd forgive others in a heartbeat...pathetic...you don't have to like what he did, but that doesn't mean a man can't change

Balltossovic
Feb 17th, 2012, 05:18 PM
Hillarious people are blaming and casting doubt on the girl. Just because she used to be in fights, even used to start them, doesn't give the smear of slime, that poor excuse for man the right to riase his fists.

You NEVER blame a victim of abuse. Ever.

If a provocative woman had been raped, did she deserve it because she's slept with a lot of guys in the past?
My own father used to beat the crap out of my Stepmother in front of me. She stayed with him for 7 years. Sure, she called the cops a few times, but what did they do? Not a damn thing.

If he'd lost control in a moment, had hit her and that was the end of it, I could understand. But even after spilling her blood, after putting numerous bruises on her and choking her to the point where she almost lost conciousness, he continued to assault her.

He's a coward and nothing more.

His Grammy was also a joke.

BuTtErFrEnA
Feb 17th, 2012, 05:26 PM
yes and people ignore the other accusations of her that surfaced about them always being in physical fights...a woman dressing provocatively isn't the same as a woman who also puts her hand on a man...and if after having your blood spilled a few days later you're all cuddly with him, to the point where it's merely because of negative press that you leave, no i have no sympathy...

as i said, other criminals IN THE SAME INDUSTRY serve their time...those who promote gang wars that have been taking out children aren't given the same hatred and are continuously supported...the same way others can be forgiven, he too can be forgiven...and if y'all were so outraged, why is this only surfacing again BECAUSE of the grammy?? you mean all between then he WASN'T the same and it's only because he got a stupid award? out of sight out of mind doesn't show disgust for him and his actions

eta: i don't play gender rules (a woman can hit a man, but a man if he hits back is a coward because he is physically stronger? nonsense in my book); i don't approve of what chris did...on the other hand it's hypocritical to act like he is beyond redemption when there are other criminals in the industry who get a clean slate...

Cilla
Feb 17th, 2012, 05:29 PM
I've always felt that she still loves Chris Brown, regardless of what he did to her.

Nicolás89
Feb 17th, 2012, 05:46 PM
i love how people act like rihanna is all innocent...from school days she was in fights with guys...one particularly has lasted throughout school memory and was laughed at because SHE started it...

but i love it even more how he has no chance for forgiveness but you'd forgive others in a heartbeat...pathetic...you don't have to like what he did, but that doesn't mean a man can't change

yes and people ignore the other accusations of her that surfaced about them always being in physical fights...a woman dressing provocatively isn't the same as a woman who also puts her hand on a man...and if after having your blood spilled a few days later you're all cuddly with him, to the point where it's merely because of negative press that you leave, no i have no sympathy...

as i said, other criminals IN THE SAME INDUSTRY serve their time...those who promote gang wars that have been taking out children aren't given the same hatred and are continuously supported...the same way others can be forgiven, he too can be forgiven...and if y'all were so outraged, why is this only surfacing again BECAUSE of the grammy?? you mean all between then he WASN'T the same and it's only because he got a stupid award? out of sight out of mind doesn't show disgust for him and his actions

eta: i don't play gender rules (a woman can hit a man, but a man if he hits back is a coward because he is physically stronger? nonsense in my book); i don't approve of what chris did...on the other hand it's hypocritical to act like he is beyond redemption when there are other criminals in the industry who get a clean slate...

OMG what has life done to you? Are you seriously putting rumours and unproved allegations in the same category with truth and proved facts? What the hell is wrong with you?

Apoleb
Feb 17th, 2012, 05:47 PM
Butterfrena, you're an idiot and a sad, pathetic excuse for a woman (which I think you are).

The Witch-king
Feb 17th, 2012, 06:00 PM

Don't get me wrong, I'm not "Team Breezy" and I don't believe in brushing what he did under the rug. I was just curious why this was being passed off as new information when it's not.

And, I'm sorry, but when did he fall down? He was given a mere slap on the wrist considering that what he did which was arguably attempted murder. Community service and a 2 year ban from the grammies =/= sufficient. I'm a little disturbed by some people acting like he is some kind of victim.

:lol: Girl I know it's hard but there's no need to be so bitter. If anything she should be an inspiration to you.

ico4498
Feb 17th, 2012, 06:12 PM
Abuse victims often go back to their abusers. It's a vicious cycle.

even knowing this typically bizarre aspect of victims' behavior leaves me cold. must be some sort of personal accountability for making yourself available for mo' ass whoppings.

mykarma
Feb 17th, 2012, 06:13 PM

What does that have do with the vicious beatdown she received from Chris Brown?

The Witch-king
Feb 17th, 2012, 06:23 PM
even knowing this typically bizarre aspect of victims' behavior leaves me cold. must be some sort of personal accountability for making yourself available for mo' ass whoppings.
So what's your point? It's okay to beat a woman if she comes back?

ico4498
Feb 17th, 2012, 06:24 PM
its dumb to go back.

Ryan
Feb 17th, 2012, 06:30 PM

Nothing, but DONT YOU REALIZ BREEZY PAID HIS TIME AND SHOULD BE FORGIVEN? THERE ARE OTHER CRIMINALS WHOVE BEEN FORGIVEN. FORGIVE HIM. At least, thats what I imagine Butterfrena is yelling at the screen when he/she types.

Mistress of Evil
Feb 17th, 2012, 06:34 PM

Erm, you just totally pulled the "She probably wanted it" card. :tape:

Chris Brown has had a troubled childhood which is really sad; though, him being in the victim's role in the past is completely irrelevant and does not grant him a free pass to beat up people. And how will he "change" when he was not affected by this whole "accident" like at all! He should be in jail of now, serving his time and being punished for what he did (http://www.rightcelebrity.com/wp-content/photos/Rihanna_Beat_Face.png), and would have hadn't he been a celebrity. Instead he is getting redemption as if nothing ever happened. Something cannot be forgiven and should not be!

hablo
Feb 17th, 2012, 06:53 PM

That poster probably believes that she started it and deserves the beating she got. :tape:

GoofyDuck
Feb 17th, 2012, 08:03 PM
I thought she also made this song to send a message to Chris that she despises his behaviour that night and doesn't wanna do anything with him.
uelHwf8o7_U

BuTtErFrEnA
Feb 17th, 2012, 08:06 PM
NEVER said she deserved it, but all of you are acting all high and mighty on a story that has resurfaced only NOW that he has been put back in the limelight at the grammys....where was this same outrage when he wasn't in the limelight all this time??? i don't approve of what he did but let's not kid ourselves and act like y'all don't forgive other criminals, even some of the same artists accused of rape, etc who decide to "settle" so nothing ever makes the news...he made the news so he's unforgivable...but then i should expect nothing else from a board full of hypocrites anyway :o

and re: she puts her hands on him: yes it was raised that she used to hit him as well, he used to hit her...

if criminal activity used to equate to your eligibility for grammys, half the artists in the industry are scum and don't deserve anything

Nicolás89
Feb 17th, 2012, 08:17 PM
and re: she puts her hands on him: yes it was raised that she used to hit him as well, he used to hit her...

OMFG how delluded are you? The "she hit me first" bullshit was a move made by Brown's attorneys in an attempt to minimize the charges and was later dropped because they were going nowhere with that. Stop going with the rumours, it's like you believe whatever you want to. People who judge him only judge him for what he did not for what he may or may not have done.

RVD
Feb 17th, 2012, 08:18 PM

Abuse victims often go back to their abusers. It's a vicious cycle. And seeing as how Chris doesn't seem to have learned much since... I sincerely hope she isn't going back.This is all too true. In fact, sometimes it turns out that the abused considers such abuse as a gesture of love.
I won't ever understand that way of thinking though.

What's interesting to me about this case is the reports of Rihanna stating that she would sometimes hit/punch Chris Brown prior to the final assault. :shrug:
The only ones who know the truth are those two, regardless of the police or court reports.
And if Rihanna decides to go back to him or collaborate with him...then again... :shrug:
In the end, it's her decision.

Ryan
Feb 17th, 2012, 08:22 PM
NEVER said she deserved it, but all of you are acting all high and mighty on a story that has resurfaced only NOW that he has been put back in the limelight at the grammys....where was this same outrage when he wasn't in the limelight all this time??? i don't approve of what he did but let's not kid ourselves and act like y'all don't forgive other criminals, even some of the same artists accused of rape, etc who decide to "settle" so nothing ever makes the news...he made the news so he's unforgivable...but then i should expect nothing else from a board full of hypocrites anyway :o

if criminal activity used to equate to your eligibility for grammys, half the artists in the industry are scum and don't deserve anything

Who the fuck cares if more backlash is coming out now? I don't know a single person who thought "well" of Chris Brown up until last Sunday, so its not like this is new outrage - its just a reminder of how awful he is.

RVD
Feb 17th, 2012, 08:26 PM

eta: i don't play gender rules (a woman can hit a man, but a man if he hits back is a coward because he is physically stronger? nonsense in my book); i don't approve of what chris did...on the other hand it's hypocritical to act like he is beyond redemption when there are other criminals in the industry who get a clean slate...Completely agree with everything written here.
I don't think people understand how Rihanna feels, and calling her outside her name says more about them than Rihanna.
As myka and JN have already posted, everyone deserves forgiveness and a second chance.

GoofyDuck
Feb 17th, 2012, 08:35 PM
Chris Brown's fans :no:

qpss5BZIBW8&

pov
Feb 17th, 2012, 08:44 PM
- So because "Robyn F." told the cops that's what happened that makes it true?

- If "Robyn F" was also a man or Chris Brown was also a woman, would there be such ongoing hoopla about this?

Nicolás89
Feb 17th, 2012, 09:18 PM

- If "Robyn F" was also a man or Chris Brown was also a woman, would there be such ongoing hoopla about this?

Oh no, just don't. There was PHYSICAL evidence corroborating her story. Unless you think she punched herself or you don't believe Brown when he pled guilty of all charges, I don't know what point you try to create here.

The second statement is irrelevant.

mykarma
Feb 17th, 2012, 09:27 PM

No it's because of the witnesses that called the cops and medical records.

mirzalover
Feb 17th, 2012, 09:59 PM
Personally I never liked Chris Brown the "artist" and when this happened it gave me reason to dislike him as a human. I dont believe he has changed that much, he still clearly acts out of anger. You can see it all over his twitter by the numerous times he has got some type of criticism he then tweets some long dumb rant then deletes it after people start addressing it instead of THINKING before he lets his fingers do the talking. Its like his last album title F.A.M.E stands for Forgetting Anger Management Exercises As for Rihanna I hope these rumors of them doing a song together arent true because of her image, the backlash she will get and Birthday Cake is my shit and I never like Chris Brown songs so I dont want it messed up.

The Dawntreader
Feb 17th, 2012, 10:04 PM
She'd be a fool to even think about working with him. It would've been like Ike Turner asking Tina out for dinner, it's just stupid.

Chris Brown is just another arrogant, dangerous music criminal who thinks the law is above him, and that apologetic platitudes are enough to appease everyone. Just go away seriously.

ico4498
Feb 17th, 2012, 11:16 PM
I know someone in an abusive relationship and to me it seems so obvious that she should leave but he makes promises that he won't hit her, which she believes, then he does any way and she comes back to me to complain. Then it all happens over again. I know her very well - she's not dumb and she has her own money and family that she can rely on, but for some bizarre reason it's never simple in the mind of the victim. That's why domestic violence is the complex, serious issue that it is.

she unfortunately reminds me of too many folks i've known. my sympathy is with the victims of abuse but that declines when they repetitively enable their abusers.

its dumb to keep going back.

Lord Choc Ice
Feb 18th, 2012, 12:01 AM
Personally I never liked Chris Brown the "artist" and when this happened it gave me reason to dislike him as a human. I dont believe he has changed that much, he still clearly acts out of anger. You can see it all over his twitter by the numerous times he has got some type of criticism he then tweets some long dumb rant then deletes it after people start addressing it instead of THINKING before he lets his fingers do the talking. Its like his last album title F.A.M.E stands for Forgetting Anger Management Exercises As for Rihanna I hope these rumors of them doing a song together arent true because of her image, the backlash she will get and Birthday Cake is my shit and I never like Chris Brown songs so I dont want it messed up.

This :lol:.

Infiniti2001
Feb 18th, 2012, 12:21 AM
she was going back with him until public outcry and her team knew it would affect marketability... The public

My sentiments exactly!! I refuse to criticize Chris Brown considering the fact that he and the victim are supposedly still hooking up...

P.S. I don't condone violence and don't think anyone has a right to raise their hand on another human, but as a West Indian woman I can so see Rhianna hitting him first and he totally losing it :tape:

Helen Lawson
Feb 18th, 2012, 12:21 AM
I can't stand either one of them. Who cares now anyway, this happened years ago. He's a creep for beating her up, she's a bozo for putting up with it. It's their business, not mine.

dybbuk
Feb 18th, 2012, 12:24 AM
Completely agree with everything written here.
I don't think people understand how Rihanna feels, and calling her outside her name says more about them than Rihanna.
As myka and JN have already posted, everyone deserves forgiveness and a second chance.

When Brown earns his forgiveness and second chance I would consider giving it to him. Do you know what happened the last time someone asked him about what happened, RVD? He stormed off set and trashed his dressing room. Like threw chairs around the room trashed it. If you've ever seen him Twitter he commonly explodes expletive filled rants at people for any criticism of him, which he'll then later delete when someone calls him out on it, only to do the same thing a few weeks later. You're telling me he's grown up and realized his wrongs and learnt from them?

mykarma
Feb 18th, 2012, 12:30 AM
My sentiments exactly!! I refuse to criticize Chris Brown considering the fact that he and the victim are supposedly still hooking up...

P.S. I don't condone violence and don't think anyone has a right to raise their hand on another human, but as a West Indian woman I can so see Rhianna hitting him first and he totally losing it :tape:
Was that in any court documents or are you making up shit?
I can't stand either one of them. Who cares now anyway, this happened years ago. He's a creep for beating her up, she's a bozo for putting up with it. It's their business, not mine.
How is she putting up with it?

dybbuk
Feb 18th, 2012, 12:30 AM
Don't get me wrong, I'm not "Team Breezy" and I don't believe in brushing what he did under the rug. I was just curious why this was being passed off as new information when it's not.

And, I'm sorry, but when did he fall down? He was given a mere slap on the wrist considering that what he did which was arguably attempted murder. Community service and a 2 year ban from the grammies =/= sufficient. I'm a little disturbed by some people acting like he is some kind of victim.

:lol: Girl I know it's hard but there's no need to be so bitter. If anything she should be an inspiration to you.

Yup. To this day I still believe Rihanna being black is a big part in why Brown was forgiven so quickly. Kanye interrupted Swift's speech and has had a much harder time finding commercial success than Brown has. Brown was getting decently charting singles in the following year or two, Kanye is literally just starting to make inroads just recently. If Brown had beaten a little blonde white girl his career would be over, instead he got little more than a slap on the wrist.

LeRoy.
Feb 18th, 2012, 12:35 AM
An Open Letter to Rihanna: It's Time to Talk That Talk

In light of the widespread reports (http://www.billboard.com/features/column/the-juice/report-rihanna-and-chris-brown-reunite-on-1006213152.story) that Rihanna and Chris Brown were teaming up on the remix of her "Birthday Cake" track, we decided to compose open letters to each the Barbadian pop singer and controversial R&B star. Read our message to Rihanna below, and click here (http://www.billboard.com/features/features/an-open-letter-to-chris-brown-act-your-age-1006219952.story) to check out our message to Chris Brown.

Dearest Rih Rih:

A few months ago - before "Talk That Talk" gave you another Top 10 album on the Billboard 200, before you performed "We Found Love" and "Princess of China" at the Grammy Awards, before new rumors swirled that you were engaged in a secret romance with past flame Chris Brown, and certainly before yesterday's reported news that Breezy was the guest star on your forthcoming "Birthday Cake" remix - you appeared on "Ellen" to discuss being named the sexiest woman alive by Esquire, among other things. During your interview, you shared your feelings on the concept of being a role model, and why, recently, you have not adhered to this expected albatross of musical stardom.

"I used to worry about it a lot. Then I realized the message I really want to send is not perfection - it's individuality," you said in the November 2011 sit-down. "Being who you really are, knowing who you really are and being just that. There's only one of you, so just be that."Over the past few weeks, as new murmurs linking you and Chris Brown became shouts, I kept thinking about your words, kept rolling them around in my mind and trying to make sense of the key word in your declaration, "individuality." Over the course of your career, your ability to adopt new looks and sounds without losing your indispensable sense of self has been nothing short of staggering, and has no doubt become the bedrock of your longevity. From the dancehall princess of "Pon de Replay" to the stylish hip-pop diva of "Umbrella" to the militant provocateur of "Hard" to the sex-starved rave maven of "S&M," no one -- not even Madonna! -- has been able to strike so many successful poses in such a short amount of time. It's been damn impressive to witness, and even more fun to listen to.

The unique malleability of your persona has informed your career, and you've continued your success recently without expressing yourself as a role model for kids. You drop immaculately produced ballads like "California King Bed" after parent's-worst-nightmare fetish anthems like "S&M" without batting a beautiful eye. Musicians certainly shouldn't have to be worried about who's looking up to them when composing their art - some of the best music of all time, from the Beatles to Nirvana to Kanye West, has been morally questionable but intoxicating in its recklessness. You're correct in underlining the importance of individuality in your music. The problem, of course, is when you try to translate that theory to the public sphere, which you have unwittingly done by associating with our good friend Mr. Brown.

No matter how many parents you tell to avoid taking their kids to your hyper-sexualized concerts, or how many times you command us to "Suck my cockiness, lick my persuasion" on your albums, you are a role model, Rihanna. Mostly because you're cool! You're effortlessly cool. You are Eddie Winslow, and the rest of us are Steve Urkels. When you're shocking, it's not off-putting. When you're crass, it feels fresh. You're the cool kid in school, and could top the Hot 100 by singing the phone book. And this whole Chris Brown thing could define your career, in the best and worst way possible.

I don't care about the status of your current relationship with Breezy, or the reports about his attendance at your birthday party (happy 24th, by the way!), or how many seconds his voice will appear on the "Birthday Cake" remix. Those could be facts, or fabrications. What I do know, however, is that, in the three years and nine days since that infamous, brutal, incredibly disturbing Grammy night attack in 2009, there has never been a point where you've publicly proclaimed, "Go fuck yourself, Chris Brown; you will never speak to me again." Not in the months after the attack occurred, when everything felt raw to everyone. Not when your fans freaked out when you two following each other on Twitter again last year. And not when Us Weekly ran a report that you were still harboring a romantic relationship with him - Brown's camp denied the report, but you and your camp did not. Because that "fuck yourself" moment has never occurred, we can only deduce that, whether or not your current relationship with Brown is even slightly romantic, there is something holding you back from cursing this dude out of your life forever.

And to me, that's… not the most PC stance to take, especially when millions of impressionable people are watching your every move, but it's obviously an extremely personal decision to publicly deal with a situation not many people can understand (although far too many can). If you don't want to call out Brown in the press or waste your breath on any of the rumors floating around, who is to say that's the wrong way to handle things?

But the news about CB dropping by your "Birthday Cake" remix… damn. Three years and nine days later, it is officially implied that, no matter if you two are "single" or "in a relationship" or "it's complicated," a token of forgiveness has been earned by Brown. And that's not cool, to a whole lot of people.

Look, you could do this one song with Brown and never work with him again, or go record "Watch The Pop Throne" with him. You two could become a couple again and get married in Vegas next week. Maybe you want none of those things, or all of those things; you certainly have the right to do any of those things. In your words, "there's only one you, so just be that." Do you, Rihanna!

But, in all honesty… you can't do you, Rihanna. Not here. Not with Chris Brown. Because like it or not, millions of people are paying attention to you, trying to be as cool as you, attempting to find love in a hopeless place and wondering if it's okay to walk down the same dark alleyway twice. Young girls look up to people like you to guide them through circumstances too complex for them to tackle on their own, and by granting Chris Brown an iota of tolerance, you implicitly encourage others to consider doing the same. "With great power comes great responsibility" is a schmaltzy sentiment, but it's fitting here -- like it or not, you have a different level of power than most of us schmoes because of your pop superstardom, and a different level of responsibility in your personal life than in your music because of the tabloid-infected culture we live in. It's a burden that is not fair to you, or anyone in pop culture, but it's one you have to accept.

If you continue letting Chris Brown slither into your work or personal life, nothing tremendous will happen - bloggers will blog and a backlash will form, but you'll no doubt continue ruling the Hot 100 and the world will keep spinning. Yet if you grit your teeth, sacrifice instinct and decide to inspire… even three years removed from that horrific incident, that "fuck yourself" moment, that public banishment of the man who physically attacked you, will still resonate with so many people looking for their own morsel of strength. As essential as your voice has become in the pop landscape, you have the opportunity to deliver a message that transcends any lyric you could ever sing, to stand for something that lasts much longer than any three-minute piece of radio fodder. We, like you, all want to let our individuality shine - to know who we are, and just be ourselves - but in this one instance, we need your message to be perfect.

A concerned member of the Navy,

Jason Lipshutz, Billboard.com Staff

http://www.billboard.com/features/an-open-letter-to-rihanna-it-s-time-to-talk-1006219752.story#/features/an-open-letter-to-rihanna-it-s-time-to-talk-1006219752.story

LeRoy.
Feb 18th, 2012, 12:37 AM
An Open Letter to Chris Brown: Act Your Age

In light of the widespread reports that Rihanna (http://www.billboard.com/features/artist/rihanna/658897) and Chris Brown (http://www.billboard.com/features/artist/chris-brown/679240) were teaming up on the remix of her "Birthday Cake" track, we (The Juice's Erika Ramirez and Assistant Editor Jason Lipshutz) decided to compose open letters to each the Barbadian pop singer and controversial R&B star. Read our message to Chris Brown below, and click here (http://www.billboard.com/features/features/an-open-letter-to-rihanna-it-s-time-to-talk-1006219752.story) to check out our message to Rihanna.

Dear Chris Brown,

Sweet baby Jesus.

Faint whispers laced with your name emerged when people realized you would be attending -- and performing -- at the 54th Annual Grammy Awards along with your ex-girlfriend, pop singer, Rihanna. The same award's show which three years ago you were scheduled to perform, but didn't, because of a violent assault that changed both of your lives. And unfortunately, brought us to this place, this letter.

Grammy night arrived on Sunday, Feb. 12. Whispers were no longer whispers. Full-formed doubts and questions resonated loud through people's timelines and favorite blogs after you won for Best R&B Album. "Did he deserve the win?" "Have we forgiven him?" "Have we forgot?"

Did you deserve to win? Yes. It's undeniable that you've polished your artistry with every project, despite your indiscretions. You're a talented singer, songwriter, dancer and to be honest you can rap better than some well-known rappers. You triumphantly returned with revealing synth-heavy album "F.A.M.E." which marked your first Billboard 200 No. 1 album. Your name resonated louder than the other nominees.

Rihanna herself said she was glad to see you "succeed again." But as you know, in this universe we call the music industry, hate rings louder in people's ears than love.

Have we forgiven you? Some have, some haven't. Have we forgotten? No. Never will, sadly. Which is why you'll be an artist oft-maligned, specifically pertaining to those two questions.

But my concerns are your habitual stunts of anger. You don't let us forgive and not turn back.

One minute you're crying at the closing of a Michael Jackson tribute at the 2010 BET Music Awards and the next you're throwing chairs out the "Good Morning America" window. One minute you're grabbing your first Grammy for your first No. 1 album. The next you're cursing everybody and their mothers on Twitter AND reportedly saying it was someone who controls your tweets. Really?

You can't get mad at us for not forgetting. It happened, it's written. But when you get aggressive and act out, what do you think people are going to reference? For every person that is waiting for your fall, there are those cheering for you to win, but it's hard for those who want you to thrive because when you take one step forward, you inevitably take two steps back.

Take a note from Jay-Z (http://www.billboard.com/features/artist/jay-z/167256)'s words to Kanye West (http://www.billboard.com/features/artist/kanye-west/322005), in your own song coincidentally, "Deuces," "But I won't get my drama on/ What I'm dealing with is too real for me to comment on/ Jay finally got it through my head not to run my mouth/ So when y'all talking about you know who/ I don't know who you talking 'bout," 'Ye rhymed.

Write it down on iNotes, Evernote… wherever but not Twitter.

As much as we like to quote 2pac (http://www.billboard.com/features/artist/2pac/37157), people judge. We're imperfect and carry insecurities of our own. Which is why many believe you deserve a second chance. We know, as you have also admitted, what happened three years ago was disturbing, heartbreaking and simply unjustifiable. Yet, you're growing, learning and bettering as an artist. Personally? That's for you to show us. And recently it's as if you don't care to.

As for your rumored reunion with Rihanna, personally and professionally? Why don't you stroll through Billboard Editor, Jason Lipshutz's open letter to her right here (http://www.billboard.com/features/features/an-open-letter-to-rihanna-it-s-time-to-talk-1006219752.story).

All the best,

The Juice's Erika Ramirez.
http://www.billboard.com/features/an-open-letter-to-rihanna-it-s-time-to-talk-1006219752.story#/features/an-open-letter-to-chris-brown-act-your-age-1006219952.story

Helen Lawson
Feb 18th, 2012, 12:46 AM
Was that in any court documents or are you making up shit?

How is she putting up with it?

Didn't she stay with him for awhile or back to him later?

mykarma
Feb 18th, 2012, 01:10 AM
Didn't she stay with him for awhile or back to him later?
Not that I'm aware of and even if she did that certainly doesn't condone anything that he did. Rhianna was a very young girl at the time and being in love with love should be held against her when grown ass women that have been in abusive relationships have gone back time and time again. Some of the women go back to their abusers and they kill them. I guess there's no sympathy for them either. :shrug:

Helen Lawson
Feb 18th, 2012, 01:32 AM
You run every point to extremes. She got back with him at least briefly, I think that's a bozo move if he really beat her that bad, but it's her life. It doesn't mean I don't have sympathy for the Farrah Fawcetts of this world from Burning Bed. This chick had big bucks and could easily leave her abuser. She has a foul mouth and crappy songs and appears to be vile a person, so no, I don't really have sympathy for her at all, but I do for your typical battered woman.

mykarma
Feb 18th, 2012, 03:18 AM
You run every point to extremes. She got back with him at least briefly, I think that's a bozo move if he really beat her that bad, but it's her life. It doesn't mean I don't have sympathy for the Farrah Fawcetts of this world from Burning Bed. This chick had big bucks and could easily leave her abuser. She has a foul mouth and crappy songs and appears to be vile a person, so no, I don't really have sympathy for her at all, but I do for your typical battered woman.
First of all the post you responded to wasn't even to you and secondly if you find my post extreme you do have options whether to respond to them or not. Perhaps it takes extremes to get you to stop going around in circles. ;-)

Dominic
Feb 18th, 2012, 03:34 AM
she unfortunately reminds me of too many folks i've known. my sympathy is with the victims of abuse but that declines when they repetitively enable their abusers.

its dumb to keep going back.

Totally agree

RVD
Feb 18th, 2012, 06:44 AM
When Brown earns his forgiveness and second chance I would consider giving it to him. Do you know what happened the last time someone asked him about what happened, RVD? He stormed off set and trashed his dressing room. Like threw chairs around the room trashed it. If you've ever seen him Twitter he commonly explodes expletive filled rants at people for any criticism of him, which he'll then later delete when someone calls him out on it, only to do the same thing a few weeks later. You're telling me he's grown up and realized his wrongs and learnt from them?Not at all. I'll be a bit more specific and say that we the public truly do not know the relationship between Chris and Rihanna. And unless we have intimate knowledge, it would be unfair to either to pass judgement.
I'm reading how some hate him or her, yet know only what the media has written.
I'm always careful to take what's published by the media, or the legal authorities, for that matter, with a grain of salt (actually, with GREAT skepticism).
I don't know whether Brown earned forgiveness or not, but that's for Rihanna to decide, since she was the victim.
Someone who throws chairs around a room may not necessarily throw people around a room. Rather, better the chairs than people. He may have been assured that the topic would not come up, only to be ambushed during the interview.
As for the expletive filled rants during tweets, it clearly demonstrates that he needs intervention/anger management. But he's honestly no different than most well-known celebrities. Some get tired of obsessed paparazzi and lash out. Some throw cell phones at assistants. While others commit suicide rather than lash out.

I don't condone abuse of any sort. Regardless of gender.
However, I'm certainly not going to place full blame on the guy simply because he's a guy.
I agree that he should know better than to strike whomever pisses him off. And as an entertainer, he's doubly wrong.
That said, I've known just as many women as men who could kick my ass, so I just don't buy into the "He shouldn't put his hands on her because she's a woman" argument.
At the same time I believe that both should seek psychological help right away, because another violent encounter could likely reoccur. Still, these two are adults and if they decide to be together they'll find a way.Yup. To this day I still believe Rihanna being black is a big part in why Brown was forgiven so quickly. Kanye interrupted Swift's speech and has had a much harder time finding commercial success than Brown has. Brown was getting decently charting singles in the following year or two, Kanye is literally just starting to make inroads just recently. If Brown had beaten a little blonde white girl his career would be over, instead he got little more than a slap on the wrist.We're in complete agreement on this point.

The Witch-king
Feb 18th, 2012, 11:08 AM
Yup. To this day I still believe Rihanna being black is a big part in why Brown was forgiven so quickly. Kanye interrupted Swift's speech and has had a much harder time finding commercial success than Brown has. Brown was getting decently charting singles in the following year or two, Kanye is literally just starting to make inroads just recently. If Brown had beaten a little blonde white girl his career would be over, instead he got little more than a slap on the wrist.

Yep, ITA. Surprisingly it's a lot of black women making all the excuses for Chris and suggesting Rihanna was some how responsible or deserving. What light skin and youth will do for you.

And now people in this thread are talking about her highschool fights and about how her being West Indian means she probably started it :weirdo:. It's quite sad.

Rocketta
Feb 18th, 2012, 06:02 PM
I think you live a very simplistic world if you think every abusive situation is the exact same. Some abuse is fueled by drugs and alcohol on both parts, some is fueled by extreme low self-esteem on both parts, some are fueled by the abuser being a sadistic asshole while the victim is an enabling doormat, some just has to do with learned behavior on both parts....

He hit her, she pressed charges, he was convicted... you are fooling yourself if you think he got off any easier than any other abuser. My cousin was stabbed 17 times and killed by her husband and in front of their kids and he only received ten years and didn't do that much time. I guess it was all his money and fame.... but he nor she had any. :shrug:

Abuser/Victim is a dynamic that can not exist without each other. This may be why some people don't look at Rihanna as a lamb and Chris as the lion. :shrug:

I said it when it happened and I'll say it again. They both are sick and I hope they both get the help they need to put this behavior behind them.

Seems to me if we truly want abusers and victims to stop this cycle, demonizing people, who got/get help, for the rest of their life is not going to help them move forward.

If he does it again, he should serve his punishment and hopefully get better help...If she hooks up with another abuser whether Chris or someone else, hopefully she will get the help she needs. I have empathy for both of them. :shrug:

Nicolás89
Feb 18th, 2012, 06:57 PM
What the hell are you talking about Rocketta? How on earth is one suppose to know that the person next to you is an abusive son of a bith? Abuse is a repetitive circle I get it, it is complicated at times but sometimes things ARE simple, shit happens and people show their true selves. Being with an abuser doesn't make you a sick person, wth? Just quit believing in rumours people, stick with the facts. Big :help: for you.

Ferg
Feb 18th, 2012, 07:37 PM
Ugh, had to stop reading after that line about her mouth filling with blood.

delicatecutter
Feb 18th, 2012, 08:04 PM
Rocketta, how come your cousin's husband served so little time?

Rocketta
Feb 18th, 2012, 08:25 PM
What the hell are you talking about Rocketta? How on earth is one suppose to know that the person next to you is an abusive son of a bith? Abuse is a repetitive circle I get it, it is complicated at times but sometimes things ARE simple, shit happens and people show their true selves. Being with an abuser doesn't make you a sick person, wth? Just quit believing in rumours people, stick with the facts. Big :help: for you.

you clearly have reading comprehension issues, maybe you should work on that before you attempt to have conversations? :rolleyes:

You will need to point to any sentence in my post where I stated or implied that a person is suppose to know that the person next to them is an abuser or not.

and yes women who stay and participate in an abusive relationship are sick.... clearly not in your limited definition :cuckoo: but in a mental health way. You know how you can throw-up from a migraine and someone else can be throwing up because they are hung over or drunk... you are both sick even though not for the same reasons... Are you really that entrenched in whether Chris Brown is considered the devil that you misinterpret common words?

Also, if there is a relationship that is simple, it's not this one... I personally have never seen an interpersonal relationship that was simple but maybe you have. :shrug:

Also, anyone can be hit in a relationship, not everyone can be hit twice in a relationship.... some people have the self-esteem, mental fortitude and overall support to leave and never look back when hit the first time and some who have the knowledge, self-esteem, mental fortitude and overall support to see abusive characteristics before they get hit and leave that relationship. So yes, Abusive men/women seek partners who see abusive behavior as normal or have the ability to rationalize it away. That character trait does not just go away just because the relationship ends on either side. They both need help not to repeat the same behavior. The abuser needs help not to abuse. The one that gets abused needs help not to pick abusers and to recognize destructive behaviors in themselves and others... hence they are both sick.

Believe it or not there are women out there based on their lives who don't believe a man truly loves them until they are getting beat....:eek: :o :o :eek: I have no idea where Rihanna falls in that scale, what I do know is from the little we have heard, she too needs some help not to repeat the same patterns. Some people seems to think all she needs to do is leave Chris Brown and for a lot of women who don't get help only thing leaving an abuser means is they change the name of the guy and the look but usually the behavior is the same, ie they just get into another abusive relationship... maybe the next abusive relationship is all mental but still no better.

So I'll say again, hopefully they get help and I have empathy for both of them because they are both sick and without help life will not be easy. :shrug:

I'm sorry if you need my post to be Chris = BAD; Rihanna = GOOD... Chris' actions were criminal hence why he was criminally charged, Rihanna's actions from what we heard weren't hence why there was no criminal charges....however for a better personal life for both of them they both need help. :shrug:

Rocketta
Feb 18th, 2012, 08:47 PM
Rocketta, how come your cousin's husband served so little time?

because as I was trying to point out abuser's or violence in domestic situations don't generally generate these extremely long sentences because most cases are not in the news as big news stories. My cousin and her husband had a very abusive relationship, she went back to him numerous times, I couldn't answer why other than it seems who the victim of the crime is plays a part in the time given and I'm sure he took a plea deal and this is with my cousin's older sister being a police detective. My cousin however had minimal education, two mentally challenged (as in low IQ) parents and four kids the oldest being 6 yr old while my cousin was only 22. I could guess that abusers who don't kill their victims don't get much time because the victim usually changes their minds about prosecuting and they usually don't want to cooperate because they are either scared or they've already gotten back with their mate.

This is why I don't find his sentence that different than any other person who didn't have an extensive criminal background in this situation. :shrug: To me 52 wks of anger management is actually more than what is usually ordered... it's usually like what 12 wks or even less, if even required at all.

delicatecutter
Feb 18th, 2012, 09:12 PM
People usually aren't sentenced to only 10 years for murder (in the US) unless there are extenuating circumstances so it seems odd to me.

Rocketta
Feb 18th, 2012, 09:30 PM
People usually aren't sentenced to only 10 years for murder (in the US) unless there are extenuating circumstances so it seems odd to me.

you base this opinion on what exactly? :confused:

There are many many many uneven sentences handed out in the US, it depends on the plea deal, it depends on the prosecution, and the defense attorney. :shrug:

Stamp Paid
Feb 18th, 2012, 10:24 PM
FkHRaFKjZmQOh my God :haha:

Stamp Paid
Feb 18th, 2012, 10:38 PM
Yep, ITA. Surprisingly it's a lot of black women making all the excuses for Chris and suggesting Rihanna was some how responsible or deserving. What light skin and youth will do for you.I doubt its that. :lol: If it was someone dark skinned, they still would have blamed the woman and tried to shield him from criticism.

mykarma
Feb 18th, 2012, 11:11 PM
Yep, ITA. Surprisingly it's a lot of black women making all the excuses for Chris and suggesting Rihanna was some how responsible or deserving. What light skin and youth will do for you.

And now people in this thread are talking about her highschool fights and about how her being West Indian means she probably started it :weirdo:. It's quite sad.
No sadder than your light skinned statement.

hablo
Feb 18th, 2012, 11:16 PM
My cousin was stabbed 17 times and killed by her husband and in front of their kids and he only received ten years and didn't do that much time. I guess it was all his money and fame.... but he nor she had any. :shrug:

This reality makes me sad. :sad:

It seems like "passionate" crimes are lesser crimes somehow. :rolleyes:

Poor kids...

mykarma
Feb 18th, 2012, 11:18 PM
you clearly have reading comprehension issues, maybe you should work on that before you attempt to have conversations? :rolleyes:

You will need to point to any sentence in my post where I stated or implied that a person is suppose to know that the person next to them is an abuser or not.

and yes women who stay and participate in an abusive relationship are sick.... clearly not in your limited definition :cuckoo: but in a mental health way. You know how you can throw-up from a migraine and someone else can be throwing up because they are hung over or drunk... you are both sick even though not for the same reasons... Are you really that entrenched in whether Chris Brown is considered the devil that you misinterpret common words?

Also, if there is a relationship that is simple, it's not this one... I personally have never seen an interpersonal relationship that was simple but maybe you have. :shrug:

Also, anyone can be hit in a relationship, not everyone can be hit twice in a relationship.... some people have the self-esteem, mental fortitude and overall support to leave and never look back when hit the first time and some who have the knowledge, self-esteem, mental fortitude and overall support to see abusive characteristics before they get hit and leave that relationship. So yes, Abusive men/women seek partners who see abusive behavior as normal or have the ability to rationalize it away. That character trait does not just go away just because the relationship ends on either side. They both need help not to repeat the same behavior. The abuser needs help not to abuse. The one that gets abused needs help not to pick abusers and to recognize destructive behaviors in themselves and others... hence they are both sick.

Believe it or not there are women out there based on their lives who don't believe a man truly loves them until they are getting beat....:eek: :o :o :eek: I have no idea where Rihanna falls in that scale, what I do know is from the little we have heard, she too needs some help not to repeat the same patterns. Some people seems to think all she needs to do is leave Chris Brown and for a lot of women who don't get help only thing leaving an abuser means is they change the name of the guy and the look but usually the behavior is the same, ie they just get into another abusive relationship... maybe the next abusive relationship is all mental but still no better.

So I'll say again, hopefully they get help and I have empathy for both of them because they are both sick and without help life will not be easy. :shrug:

I'm sorry if you need my post to be Chris = BAD; Rihanna = GOOD... Chris' actions were criminal hence why he was criminally charged, Rihanna's actions from what we heard weren't hence why there was no criminal charges....however for a better personal life for both of them they both need help. :shrug:

Great post.

mykarma
Feb 18th, 2012, 11:22 PM
In many cases it depends on who the victim is, where they live, the lawyers, the judge. etc.

WowWow
Feb 19th, 2012, 12:37 AM
Some of the posts in this thread are disturbing, with a capital D.

Just sayin...

Nicolás89
Feb 19th, 2012, 12:55 AM

Oh no no no no no NO just no.

You take my interpretation on how violence develops in a relationship as simplistic, seriously? how you figure? I'm just interpretating the FACTS on THIS CASE not taking anything "from what I heard..." like you, so why not instead of generalizing the whole situation you stick to the facts for once?

You say she must be sick for staying with Brown for so long or for getting back with him, who the f said violence was frequent in the relationship anyway? I know she reported that there existed previous incidents but unfortunely there are no proofs or witnesses so I won't make assumptions like you do. At last, her getting back together for whatever reason with Brown doesn't necessarily make her sick just stupid.

Quit your over-generalization and stick with the facts. Sometimes people who don't know shit should seriously consider to shut the hel up once in a while.

stevos
Feb 19th, 2012, 12:55 AM
Wow, I'm actually shocked at how stupid people are in not understanding the cycle that forms between abusers and victims in these situations. I thought it was common knowledge that these situations are inherently formed to be continuous, and that it functions to keep the victim in a place of constantly returning to the abuser.

I mean, I don't care how much or how little sympathy you guys think you have the right to bestow on Rihanna, but at least don't be so cluseless to the reality of abuse. Rocketta summed it up perfectly.

stevos
Feb 19th, 2012, 12:58 AM
Quit your over-generalization and stick with the facts. Sometimes people who don't know shit should seriously consider to shut the hel up once in a while.

I completely agree! Which is why you should probably stop talking like you have any idea what you're talking about.

I love how people act like Rocketta is the one being presumptuous here, and there's all this court-specified evidence of the crazy shit Chris Brown did to her. But no, no, people will hold out on judgment and criticism, because apparently being part of the sick system of abuse makes Rihanna the one we need to be criticizing. Of course.

Clearly it's not just people in these situations that can referred to as "sick" but society as a whole by the way so many of you find it easier to criticize victims and glorify abusers.

Rocketta
Feb 19th, 2012, 01:38 AM
Oh no no no no no NO just no.

You take my interpretation on how violence develops in a relationship as simplistic, seriously? how you figure? I'm just interpretating the FACTS on THIS CASE not taking anything "from what I heard..." like you, so why not instead of generalizing the whole situation you stick to the facts for once?

You say she must be sick for staying with Brown for so long or for getting back with him, who the f said violence was frequent in the relationship anyway? I know she reported that there existed previous incidents but unfortunely there are no proofs or witnesses so I won't make assumptions like you do. At last, her getting back together for whatever reason with Brown doesn't necessarily make her sick just stupid.

Where did I say the violence was frequent in their relationship? If I use your 'facts' she clearly stayed after the first incident (whenever that was), it's a fact they tried to work it out after the incident, considering he literally beat her.... that's not the most healthy action to take at the time.

Don't get mad at me because you clearly think saying someone needs mental health help is the equivalent of an insult..... that's your issue not mine. :unsure:

I wish nothing but the best for Rihanna and Chris, I hope they mature and grow and never repeat these actions.. Oh that's right I'm only suppose to hope that for Rihanna but not for Chris, I guess I'm suppose to hope he stays the same so he can continue to have emotional issues and visit that rage and violence on the women in his life.... yes, that's much more appropriate. :yeah:

Rocketta
Feb 19th, 2012, 01:46 AM
This reality makes me sad. :sad:

It seems like "passionate" crimes are lesser crimes somehow. :rolleyes:

Poor kids...

Unfortunately, they all didn't fare too well. :sad: They never received the intense therapy they needed just growing up with the fact that their father killed their mother much less the two that actually saw it. It's too late now they are all grown so if they get help it will be because they seek it out. :shrug:

Nicolás89
Feb 19th, 2012, 01:48 AM
Wow I find it amusing how people can derail a discussion and come up with irrelevant stuff so quickly and so easily, we are discussing RIHANNA and BROWN, not Jane and Joe Doe, I get it abuse can be a never ending cycle, seriously I'm not 4 I don't live in a cave, why the hell do I or anyone on this thread need a clarification about abusive relationships? is it relevant to THIS case? You don't freaking even know how intensive their relationship was and now you analyze the relationship as if you were experts? some sort of shrinks? How come don't we all stick with the facts please, is it that hard? Summarized facts are he hit her she reported him then walked away from him, common sense says it wasn't easy for her to walk away from her, now for you to say she is probably too attached to separate herself from him, who the f do you think you are with the facts you were given to make that assumption?

And please for the love of...please get it I'm interpretating the facts in the events occurred between R and C.B. and that's all I'm doing Now give me a fucking break and go away.

Don't get mad at me because you clearly think saying someone needs mental health help is the equivalent of an insult..... that's your issue not mine. :unsure:

Where do I even...

Rocketta
Feb 19th, 2012, 02:03 AM
You are so right, a discussion about abuse, abusive relationships, abusers and those that get abused has absolutely NOTHING to do with Chris Brown, Rihanna or a thread about court documents from a case where Brown was convicted of ABUSING his then GIRLFRIEND Rihanna during the course of their RELATIONSHIP. :help:

Nicolás89
Feb 19th, 2012, 02:08 AM
You are so right, a discussion about abuse, abusive relationships, abusers and those that get abused has absolutely NOTHING to do with Chris Brown, Rihanna or a thread about court documents from a case where Brown was convicted of ABUSING his then GIRLFRIEND Rihanna during the course of their RELATIONSHIP. :help:

:facepalm: Whatever...I just give up on this.

But honestly why do you interpret all of my posts literally? Is it convenience or pure coincidence?

Dominic
Feb 19th, 2012, 02:14 AM
Wow, I'm actually shocked at how stupid people are in not understanding the cycle that forms between abusers and victims in these situations. I thought it was common knowledge that these situations are inherently formed to be continuous, and that it functions to keep the victim in a place of constantly returning to the abuser.

Does this mean the attitude of the abused person is ok because it is seen very often? A self-destructive attitude is not excusable.

mykarma
Feb 19th, 2012, 02:20 AM

I mean, I don't care how much or how little sympathy you guys think you have the right to bestow on Rihanna, but at least don't be so cluseless to the reality of abuse. Rocketta summed it up perfectly.

Yes she did.

tennis-insomniac
Feb 19th, 2012, 02:52 AM
The first time I have read this and it's really disturbing. Abuse, domestic violence is very common and it is like a disease really to every one, the one who act upon and the one who receive the pain.

I know it is sometime hard to understand the issue, especially someone who never has to confront with this kind of violence.

I hope they can go on with their lives with peace and love. It is not easy to do but the best remedy for this situation is to forgive and forget. Everyone else should leave them alone, it's not your business but theirs.

SwingVolley93
Feb 19th, 2012, 04:42 AM
who the fuck is Robyn F is that her real name?

Rocketta
Feb 19th, 2012, 06:26 AM
:facepalm: Whatever...I just give up on this.

But honestly why do you interpret all of my posts literally? Is it convenience or pure coincidence?

do you not mean your posts literally? :confused: I understand that English is not your first language so maybe there is a language barrier that is getting in the way?

What I understand from your posts....

1. You are upset with the usage of the term, 'sick' in regard to Rihanna because she was the victim of Chris Brown's abuse.

2. You feel this case is pretty simple, Chris Brown has problems which make him an abuser but Rihanna doesn't have problems now that she is away from her problem, ie Chris Brown.

3. You think talking about the dynamics of abusive relationships to possibly explain why not everyone views this situation as Good vs Bad or Guilty vs Innocent is derailing the thread.

Have I misinterpreted your posts?:confused:

Dominic
Feb 19th, 2012, 04:05 PM
Guilty vs Innocent

In this case, it is though. Based on this document anyway.

Nicolás89
Feb 19th, 2012, 04:07 PM
do you not mean your posts literally? :confused: I understand that English is not your first language so maybe there is a language barrier that is getting in the way?

What I understand from your posts....

1. You are upset with the usage of the term, 'sick' in regard to Rihanna because she was the victim of Chris Brown's abuse.

2. You feel this case is pretty simple, Chris Brown has problems which make him an abuser but Rihanna doesn't have problems now that she is away from her problem, ie Chris Brown.

3. You think talking about the dynamics of abusive relationships to possibly explain why not everyone views this situation as Good vs Bad or Guilty vs Innocent is derailing the thread.

Have I misinterpreted your posts?:confused:

English is my third language but I don't think that is the problem, the problem is you don't even take the time to read my posts from start to finish you just take whatever parts of them that best suits you and then interpret them literally to an extreme, but then again I guess that's not so much of an issue because that's a common trait people exploit to win arguments.

Anyway...

1. No, I'm upset that you and others use the term sick to describe Rihanna and C.B. with the little and limited information you possess about the relationship and events occurred between them. (Seriously I've said that like 5 times in my posts, now I know you don't read/comprehend them)

2. Again no, I was just responding to your fix idea that all/or most cases of abuse are a never ending cycle, I was expressing how THIS particular case may not be like that.

3. For the last time no, as I stated (with more or less frustration) I think everyone here is mature enough to know how absorving and devastating abusive relationships are for everyone involved so I didn't know why that point needed to be clarified.

Rocketta
Feb 19th, 2012, 05:43 PM
In this case, it is though. Based on this document anyway.

Criminally yes but that's not what the arguments in this threads are all about r they?...I believe the arguments have been about who is to blame, who is eligible for forgiveness, and who is the one who has a problem. For some, those answers are Chris = guilty and Rihanna = innocent and no grey area in between or vice versa (although I don't think anyone is saying Rihanna is all guilty even if it's been interpreted that way). Chris committed a crime and Rihanna didn't commit a crime, I don't think anyone is saying anything different in this thread. :shrug:

Rocketta
Feb 19th, 2012, 06:58 PM
English is my third language but I don't think that is the problem, the problem is you don't even take the time to read my posts from start to finish you just take whatever parts of them that best suits you and then interpret them literally to an extreme, but then again I guess that's not so much of an issue because that's a common trait people exploit to win arguments.

Anyway...

1. No, I'm upset that you and others use the term sick to describe Rihanna and C.B. with the little and limited information you possess about the relationship and events occurred between them. (Seriously I've said that like 5 times in my posts, now I know you don't read/comprehend them)

Ok, I don't know why you included C.B. in that statement because you only had an issue with me stating Rihanna was 'sick' when you posted this:

you keep saying stick with the facts, but the only things that are facts to you is what Rihanna has said. No one knows the facts from both sides of how the argument started, what happened before she was hit and the witness called the police that is all speculation. To believe that this incident happened in a bubble or was the first time violence occurred in their relationship i would have to suspend rational thought... because it would literally be the first time I've ever heard of someone finding out their boyfriend is a women beater with a complete beat down.....normally there are signs like extreme jealousy and controlling ways....may start with a slap or a punch but a complete beat down, very unusual.... so absent from both parties saying no violence ever took place before that day I'm going with the averages. :shrug:

Also, once again... just because your definition of the term 'sick' has all kinds of negative meanings doesn't mean it does to me. If I see someone sneeze and wipe their nose a couple of times I'm going to assume they are 'sick' and if I see a woman and man engage a relationship that is unhealthy physically and emotionally.... physically because it ended in violence and emotionally because someone who will beat you physically will certainly beat you emotionally but wait that's an assumption... right? How about we just go with what Rihanna has said how she was reading his text messages and saw a text from a girl he had sex with... somehow I doubt the sex was before his relationship with Riri but doesn't matter because emotionally healthy relationships don't have people reading each others text messages looking for stuff or if you do and you see a person of the opposite sex sent a text you don't worry about that no matter who it is. So using those 'FACTS' they both have issues or are sick, ie need medical help for these issues.... you don't think that which is fine but please stop acting like your opinion is based on some list of facts or is somehow based in this rational thought pattern because your posts in this thread say otherwise. It's clear what you think about Rihanna and it's really clear about what you think about Chris Brown.

2. Again no, I was just responding to your fix idea that all/or most cases of abuse are a never ending cycle, I was expressing how THIS particular case may not be like that.

You talk about facts, but it is a fact that most abusive relationships are part of an abuse cycle, never ending is your words, I've never said it was never ending.... Chris Brown watched his mom get abused, he in turn became an abuser. As I've stated, Rihanna did not immediately break up with C.B. despite having to call the cops on him. That fact says to me, she has issues she needs to look at. No biggie, it's only you that thinks saying that means something ominous.

3. For the last time no, as I stated (with more or less frustration) I think everyone here is mature enough to know how absorving and devastating abusive relationships are for everyone involved so I didn't know why that point needed to be clarified.

Well that's a reason why you shouldn't have clarified the issue but what does that have to do with anyone else? Also, you chose to use the word,
'derail' and that doesn't have many other meanings other than 'off subject'... so I understand that you want this to be a strictly *shit* on Chris Brown thread based on the documents but I'd rather it be a thread where people read that we should look at this issue as an illness where the participants aren't devils or angels but humans with human failings that require help.

oh and btw, I never said you had a simplistic view of abusive relationships... I said some in this thread, what made you think I was referring to you in particular is beyond me. :shrug:

Oh and seeking help for mental or emotional illnesses/issues is not any more negative than seeking medical help for a cold. It's a medical issue and sometimes you need the help of someone who has studied for years and sometimes you can eventually get better on your own with time.... just because the latter works out doesn't make it the best course of action to take. :shrug:

Brooklyn90
Feb 19th, 2012, 07:01 PM
who the fuck is Robyn F is that her real name?

yes. Robyn Rihanna Fenty

GoofyDuck
Feb 22nd, 2013, 09:03 PM
zmNoZa-wtKY&

Super Dave
Feb 22nd, 2013, 09:05 PM
:facepalm:

delicatecutter
Feb 22nd, 2013, 09:07 PM
The writers of that show are incredibly lazy.

Nicolás89
Feb 22nd, 2013, 09:21 PM
DAMN I was defending Ri so ferociously, now the bitch is back with Brown. :lol:

Super Dave
Mar 7th, 2013, 03:21 PM
Bitching about $10.

http://www.tmz.com/2013/03/07/chris-brown-valet-anger-video-ten-dollars-pinz/

Inger67
Mar 7th, 2013, 06:58 PM
I really have tried to abstain from making any judgements about Rihanna and the decision she has made to get back with him but seeing his violent behavior in public numerous times since the incident and even reading the detailed description on how he beat her to a pulp, I am kind of disgusted she would go back with him. I know these sort of things happen a lot with domestic violent situations, but that does not make it OKAY that she does it too. She doesn't have to be a statistic, she is choosing to be.

Chris Brown is trash, straight up.

~{X}~
Mar 7th, 2013, 07:48 PM
Chris Brown is a disturbing, disgusting, foul, vile human being and he has shown it time and time again. You can't make THAT many mistakes, its just who you are and everyone sees that.

As for Rihanna... what can I say about her, I hope it doesn't happen again to her but if it does, she best not expect most of the public to really care this time around. In fact they will probably make fun of her and shun her because she was stupid, blinded and honestly mistaken to get back with Brown.

Seems her judgment and decision making to get back with Brown is as thin and crappy as the music she has written for her.

Lord Choc Ice
Mar 7th, 2013, 08:32 PM
Chris Brown is trash, straight up.

Chris Brown is a disturbing, disgusting, foul, vile human being and he has shown it time and time again.

Not to mention he's one of the ugliest dudes on the planet (I mean look at him :unsure:), but that's O/T :angel:.

http://www.usmagazine.com/uploads/assets/articles/60114-rihanna-chris-brown-very-affectionate-at-grammys-2013-afterparty/1360609290_chris-brown-rihanna-article.jpg

HippityHop
Mar 7th, 2013, 08:39 PM
I keep seeing the word forgiveness in this thread. When does it become my place to forgive someone for something that they haven't done to me. To think that a non victim has that right cheapens the word and the act of forgivness IMO.

Super Dave
Mar 12th, 2013, 02:58 PM
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/250x250/34331206.jpg

*JR*
Oct 27th, 2013, 06:15 PM
Police: Chris Brown Charged With Assault in DC
WASHINGTON October 27, 2013 (AP)
By BRETT ZONGKER Associated Press

Chris Brown was arrested early Sunday in Washington after a fight broke out near the W Hotel, police said, complicating an already snarled legal history for the Grammy Award-winning R&B singer.

Brown, 24, was charged with felony assault in an incident that started just before 4:30 a.m., D.C. police spokesman Paul Metcalf said Sunday morning. Chris Hollosy, 35, also was arrested on felony assault charges, Metcalf said. Police believe the two men were together during the incident but said they couldn't confirm any relationship between the suspects.

Brown and Hollosy were being held in police custody until Monday, Metcalf said.

A man was injured in the fight and reportedly taken to a hospital, police said, but they did not identify him or give details on his injuries. It was not clear whether the victim was taken by ambulance or another vehicle. He had been released from the hospital as of early Sunday afternoon, Metcalf said.

Brown's publicists and attorney, Mark Geragos, did not immediately respond to messages left early Sunday.

Brown remains on probation for the 2009 beating of his on-again, off-again girlfriend Rihanna just before the Grammy Awards. The photos of Rihanna's bruised face caused outrage among many fans. Brown pleaded guilty to one count of felony assault as part of a plea deal.

His probation was revoked briefly earlier this year after a hit-and-run incident, and he was given 1,000 more hours of community service to perform. There were allegations that he may have skated on some or all of the 1,400 hours he was first assigned.

Brown, who lives in Los Angeles and is originally from Virginia, has been involved in a number of incidents since the 2009 arrest. He was initially sued for a nightclub brawl that allegedly erupted between his entourage and that of musician Drake, at the time believed to be a paramour of Rihanna.

Brown also tussled with singer Frank Ocean and others after Ocean parked in Brown's space at a recording studio in Los Angeles. Ocean said he suffered an injured finger, but no charges were filed. A second man, Sha'keir Duarte, sued Brown, claiming a concussion.

Brown's arrest could prompt Los Angeles prosecutors to seek a revocation of Brown's probation for the Rihanna beating and ask a judge to impose additional penalties on the singer, including time in jail or prison.

Brown is due back in court Nov. 20 in Los Angeles to update a judge on his probation.

Associated Press writers Chris Talbott in Nashville, Tenn., and Anthony McCartney in Los Angeles contributed to this report.

homogenius
Oct 27th, 2013, 07:35 PM

:facepalm:

TennisGhost
Oct 31st, 2013, 07:44 AM
First time reading this in-depth detailing of the incident (yes, I'm that slow on following celebs gossip and all that), and gotta say: This is just fucking awful.

I don't understand how some people are defending this guy? Her being ''not 100% innocent'' in this is irrelevant.

It's not like she slapped him and he slapped her back. The guy literally fucking destroyed her face. There is no excuse for this.

I know for a fact there is nothing that my girlfriend (or really, any stranger, male or female) can do that might make me act like this. This is just brutal. :/

Punky
Oct 31st, 2013, 07:59 AM
i cant stand both of them but i hate her more for getting together with a man that raise his hand on her

he is lucky he wasnt my bf, i dont know who from my family would have killed him first for touching me

she is awful, im ashamed she is a woman..

Crazy Canuck
Oct 31st, 2013, 08:02 AM
Victim blaming is just kind of what people do, especially when the case involves a minority or a woman. I'm not sure why anybody is surprised to see it at this point. Disappointed, sure, but surprised?

Punky
Oct 31st, 2013, 08:09 AM
Victim blaming is just kind of what people do, especially when the case involves a minority or a woman. I'm not sure why anybody is surprised to see it at this point. Disappointed, sure, but surprised?

I dont know her, just know a few songs but yes im always surprised

the more famous and rich the woman the more im :eek:

Crazy Canuck
Oct 31st, 2013, 09:04 AM
I dont know her, just know a few songs but yes im always surprised

the more famous and rich the woman the more im :eek:
I'm sorry, but I think you may have misunderstood me? I was commenting on people who blame the victim, and how people respond to them. You are clearly a victim blamer, hence your reaction to yourself is not covered by my comment. You may be surprised by the victim, which is your prerogative, but that is not what I was going on about.

Punky
Oct 31st, 2013, 09:08 AM
I'm sorry, but I think you may have misunderstood me? I was commenting on people who blame the victim, and how people respond to them. You are clearly a victim blamer, hence your reaction to yourself is not covered by my comment. You may be surprised by the victim, which is your prerogative, but that is not what I was going on about.

im not blaming her for what he did, never. he is the sole blame, u need to be a very big loser to hit a woman.

i blame her for getting back together with a man that Beat and humiliated her.