PDA

View Full Version : Which of these players win another slam (or multiple)

justineheninfan
Feb 16th, 2012, 07:48 PM
Which of these players do you believe will ever win another slam, and if so only 1 or multiple. Vote for all the ones you believe will happen and dont vote for those you think wont.

bbjpa
Feb 16th, 2012, 07:52 PM
None :devil:

fede33
Feb 16th, 2012, 07:52 PM
of all these, only Maria can win more Slams! :shrug::bigwave:

Sammo
Feb 16th, 2012, 07:55 PM
Only Stosur, Roland Garros.

plokploky
Feb 16th, 2012, 08:03 PM
:facepalm:forgot to vote for stosur as well. But hopefully sveta can win one in 2014.

mac47
Feb 16th, 2012, 08:07 PM
Only Stosur, Roland Garros.

I'm not really a fan of Stosur, but I would love to see this happen. Always love it when a losing finalist gains redemption. My favorite tournament outcomes ever were when Jana and Goran won Wimbledon.

bobito
Feb 16th, 2012, 08:14 PM
The poll really needs a "I wouldn't put money on any of them" option.

justineheninfan
Feb 16th, 2012, 08:48 PM
The poll really needs a "I wouldn't put money on any of them" option.

These players are the only players outside of Kvitova and Azarenka capable of winning slams for the forseeable future. Thus unless Kvitova and Azarenka are going to win every single slam between for the next 2-5 years (whenever the next potential slam winner(s) has emerged), some people from this poll have to win a slam.

Actually I dont think Kuznetsova has any chance to win another slam, and even less to win a future slam than people who I also think have no real chance like Wozniacki or Radwanska. However as a multi slam winner I felt she deserved to be included with the other active ones.

TuxedoSlam
Feb 16th, 2012, 09:00 PM
Kuznetsova in the poll :lol:

You MUST be joking

Fighterpova
Feb 16th, 2012, 09:07 PM
Serena- 2 more :bounce:
Kim- 1 more(if she retires this year) :help:
Masha- 1 more(I hope :angel:)

Tomic
Feb 16th, 2012, 09:07 PM
Serena

Tomic
Feb 16th, 2012, 09:09 PM
Serena- 2 more :bounce:
Kim- 1 more(if she retires this year) :help:
Masha- 1 more(I hope :angel:)

this I think Masha can pull off 2-3 if she stays playing around age 27-28

Tomic
Feb 16th, 2012, 09:12 PM
I Stosur, Na, & Kuzzy Chances at winning a Slam Only Going be at RG.

Gdsimmons
Feb 16th, 2012, 09:18 PM
All things equal, I think Serena is gonna win 2 or more. Unless (god forbid) she has another horrible injury, I think she can win 2 or more easy. Seeing as though this is Clijsters last year, I think she can squeeze out one more. Maybe. Sharapova is a toss up. YOu would think she could easily win some more but she's made 2 finals within a year however, she has gotten beat both times and in 2 relatively easy sets. And its not like shes been injured during slams. She's just always played someone who was better than her. So Idk about Sharapova. A safe bet would say she can probably grab one somewhere. Everyone else on that list, I dont think is gonna win another slam

Break My Rapture
Feb 16th, 2012, 09:20 PM
Williamsova & Sharapova are most likely from that list IMO. Though it seems as if Maria will need to face Radwanska in a slam final to finally win one again. :lol:

young_gunner913
Feb 16th, 2012, 09:27 PM
Serena - Multiple
Sexlana - At least one more
NaNa - At least one more

jameshazza
Feb 16th, 2012, 09:29 PM
Williamsova & Sharapova are most likely from that list IMO. Though it seems as if Maria will need to face Radwanska in a slam final to finally win one again. :lol:

This, or a Stosur or some other similarly OWNED player.

Clijsters28
Feb 16th, 2012, 11:07 PM
Clijsters will win the French and U.S Opens this year so that means multiple more slams whether she retires at the end of this year or not.

Serena will win not win a slam this year, but will win 5-7 slams from 2012-2016. Not sure why, just a feeling I have.

Kuznetsova, no way.

Na will win another slam or two.

Sharapova will never win another.

Stosur will win a French.

Fighterpova
Feb 17th, 2012, 12:42 AM
Clijsters will win the French and U.S Opens this year so that means multiple more slams whether she retires at the end of this year or not.

Serena will win not win a slam this year, but will win 5-7 slams from 2012-2016. Not sure why, just a feeling I have.

Kuznetsova, no way.

Peak delusion :worship:

Gdsimmons
Feb 17th, 2012, 12:46 AM

Kuznetsova, no way.

http://i.imgur.com/SiM42.gif

Vincey!
Feb 17th, 2012, 04:18 AM
I feel like Sharapova and Williams will win at least a couple more each, (Sharapova will obviously come off that "majors final nerve" thing that she gained since her shoulder surgery pretty soon)

I have a feeling Na Li will win one more.

I doubt Clijsters will win one this year, she'll always have some things bothering her, she'll try but I doubt she'll succeed, still a great career for her ;) Kuzzie is done at least for a year or so. Stosur could win one more, but I'd be very surprised, she'd need to beat a newcomer in finals and have a good draw.

Charlatan
Feb 17th, 2012, 04:32 AM

Kuznetsova, no way.

:help:

Pops Maellard
Feb 17th, 2012, 04:37 AM
Serena 1 more.
Maria 1 more.

Moveyourfeet
Feb 17th, 2012, 04:45 AM
Serena and Sharapova.

bobito
Feb 17th, 2012, 09:21 AM
These players are the only players outside of Kvitova and Azarenka capable of winning slams for the forseeable future. Thus unless Kvitova and Azarenka are going to win every single slam between for the next 2-5 years (whenever the next potential slam winner(s) has emerged), some people from this poll have to win a slam.

Actually I dont think Kuznetsova has any chance to win another slam, and even less to win a future slam than people who I also think have no real chance like Wozniacki or Radwanska. However as a multi slam winner I felt she deserved to be included with the other active ones.

While I certainly wouldn't rule out the possibility of any of the players on your list winning another slam, I wouldn't give any of them a better than even chance. Here's why:

Serena & Kim - A combination of injuries, a reduced programme and ageing bodies mean that these two are very rarely, if ever, match fit these days. You only get match fit by playing matches, it can't be done in the gym, and neither play enough to achieve that. Lack of match fitness leads to further injuries. Making it through the 7 matches required to win a slam without picking up injuries looks unlikely now and they aren't in good enough shape to play through injury and win a slam.

Sharapova - Two grand slam finals makes her look like a contender but the way she was thrashed in both would suggest otherwise. Without a decent serve, Masha isn't the same player that she once was.

Kuznetsova - She's only made one QF in her last 11 slams. That says it all.

Stosur - A serious contender at the French perhaps but less so at the other majors. US Open might be interesting but she has a pitiful record at Wimbledon and doesn't seem to handle the pressure of playing at home very well.

Li Na - Like Serena, she'd be the oldest player to win a slam since Navratilova if she did win another. I can't see it happening though.

You say, "unless Kvitova and Azarenka are going to win every single slam between for the next 2-5 years" but it's only really one year that we ware talking about here. Realistically, if the players on your list don't win a slam this year then they are very unlikely to do so 2-5 years hence at their age. And it certainly wouldn't be the first time two players all but monopolised the slams.

Sam L
Feb 17th, 2012, 09:38 AM
Maria and Serena will win a few more. That's all.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxthinY2Qz1r4te4r.gif

longtin23
Feb 17th, 2012, 11:20 AM
Hopefully Na will do sth big this year, or she might retire...

Kairi
Feb 17th, 2012, 11:48 AM
of all these, only Maria can win more Slams! :shrug::bigwave:

Yeah she sure showed Azarenka who's boss with that bagel....

danieln1
Feb 17th, 2012, 11:53 AM
Na, Stosur and Serena will win one more each

Sharapova might.win another.Wimbledon if.she learns how.to play finals again

Mistress of Evil
Feb 17th, 2012, 11:55 AM
As a delusional fanboy, I still have some shred of hope on some subconscious level.

justineheninfan
Feb 17th, 2012, 07:40 PM
Maria and Serena will win a few more. That's all.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lxthinY2Qz1r4te4r.gif

The funny thing I would like to see is how this board reacts if Maria were to reach something between 5-7 slams. If she passed Hingis in slam wins, and if she came close to/caught Henin and Venus in slam wins, the reaction would be something to witness.

Pump-it-UP
Feb 17th, 2012, 08:03 PM
Serena will win multiple.
Maria will win one. I don't see her playing past 2013 tbh.
Kuznetsova is still young and random enough to win another one.