PDA

View Full Version : Cops buy plots to prevent Josh Powell from being buried next to sons he killed

pov
Feb 16th, 2012, 03:48 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/02/15/josh-powells-family-wants-him-buried-near-sons/

:facepalm: F**kin' stupidity. And the media seems to often leave out or minimize that he killed his sons and himself which is a different dynamic to someone who kills their sons and strives to keep themselves alive.

darrinbaker00
Feb 16th, 2012, 04:17 PM
Good move by those officers. :yeah:

Helen Lawson
Feb 16th, 2012, 07:30 PM
Something about this strikes me as wrong, the dad was mentally ill, he wasn't Charles Manson.

Certinfy
Feb 16th, 2012, 07:34 PM
Good move by those officers. :yeah:
I think the same to be fair.

I mean he may be their father but would you really want to be buried next to the man who killed you regardless of who he is?

Ryan
Feb 16th, 2012, 07:45 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/02/15/josh-powells-family-wants-him-buried-near-sons/

:facepalm: F**kin' stupidity. And the media seems to often leave out or minimize that he killed his sons and himself which is a different dynamic to someone who kills their sons and strives to keep themselves alive.

Are you KIDDING ME? How is it ANY BETTER? He still KILLED his CHILDREN. There is no way he should be buried anywhere near them - how disrespectful is that to the people who want to pay tribute/respects to the INNOCENT victims? I don't get your "logic".

RenaSlam.
Feb 16th, 2012, 07:47 PM
Great cops.

Ryan
Feb 16th, 2012, 07:48 PM
I think the same to be fair.

I mean he may be their father but would you really want to be buried next to the man who killed you regardless of who he is?

To me its less about what the dead victims think (although thats important), and more about the living family wanting to visit those victims without being slapped in the face by seeing the tombstone of their MURDERER right next to them.

Helen Lawson
Feb 16th, 2012, 07:51 PM
It's a strange situation, I think it should be the family's call, not the police's. The police didn't even know this family.

young_gunner913
Feb 16th, 2012, 08:58 PM
Good on them. :worship:

NyCPsU
Feb 16th, 2012, 09:14 PM
I agree with Helen. This is the family's call, not the police. However I would think the family would want what the police did, but who knows. :shrug:

young_gunner913
Feb 16th, 2012, 09:24 PM
I agree with Helen. This is the family's call, not the police. However I would think the family would want what the police did, but who knows. :shrug:

It WAS the family's wishes that shitbag not be near them, the mother's parents. Since she most likely got killed by her husband as well and her body has never been found, they should at least be able to have a mourning spot for their grandchildren.

Helen Lawson
Feb 16th, 2012, 09:40 PM
Then the family should have done it, don't you think? The whole thing is weird.

Ryan
Feb 16th, 2012, 09:53 PM
It WAS the family's wishes that shitbag not be near them, the mother's parents. Since she most likely got killed by her husband as well and her body has never been found, they should at least be able to have a mourning spot for their grandchildren.

THIS. Did anyone else actually read the article? The police did it out of their own pockets mostly - so it was a personal decision as citizens, and cops who worked on the case. And the mother's family is all supportive of the choice.

young_gunner913
Feb 16th, 2012, 10:00 PM

Read below. I don't really think it's that weird at all. I think it's really nice the mother's parents have the support of the police officers who are going out of their way to make sure they won't be put through anymore misery. There are some police officers who show a deep compassion for people who have gone through terrible tragedies.

THIS. Did anyone else actually read the article? The police did it out of their own pockets mostly - so it was a personal decision as citizens, and cops who worked on the case. And the mother's family is all supportive of the choice.

mykarma
Feb 16th, 2012, 11:04 PM
The cops did this as citizens not on behalf of the police dept. The family is still mourning but they did say that they would move the children's body if he was buried there. What else would you suggest that they do? What's unbelievable to me is that the father's family thought it was ok to bury the murderer next to the children that he killed. How insensitive not only to their grandchildren but their daughter-in law and her parents. Looks like he learned his selfishness from them.

Ryan
Feb 16th, 2012, 11:22 PM
I don't know everything about the story; was the father mentally ill? Even still, it wouldn't be right to let him be buried next to his kids, after he killed them.

Helen Lawson
Feb 16th, 2012, 11:58 PM
I still think it's weird, why not bury them at an unknown location. It's like Andrea Yates, she was crazy when she killed her children, I don't find it odd if she wants to be buried near them, she didn't mean to do it, she was insane at the time. But it's up to the family.

young_gunner913
Feb 17th, 2012, 12:12 AM
I still think it's weird, why not bury them at an unknown location. It's like Andrea Yates, she was crazy when she killed her children, I don't find it odd if she wants to be buried near them, she didn't mean to do it, she was insane at the time. But it's up to the family.

It's quite different because Andrea Yates didn't kill her husband too. The Cox family [mother's side] has had their an entire portion of their family murdered by this guy. If the mother was still alive then I would feel differently as it would be her choice.

mykarma
Feb 17th, 2012, 03:03 AM
Was he deemed mentally ill by the court system and not fit for trial and don't understand why should the kids should be buried in a secret place?