PDA

View Full Version : Doha R3: A. Radwanska def. Lepchenko 7-5, 6-1

saul1333
Feb 16th, 2012, 02:12 PM
Thank you Aga :hearts:

Not playing her best today. Vavara served for the first set and had 2 sps.

FedererBulgaria
Feb 16th, 2012, 02:12 PM
The moment when the 4th seed put the ball in the sky and waiting for errors .....priceless!

gumoll
Feb 16th, 2012, 02:13 PM
from 4-5* :cheer:

I hope Xtina will win, otherwise we won't see Aga's match in tv :lol:

Chakvenus
Aga :woohoo: good luck in the QF

TheBoiledEgg
lucky :o

s teddy
Do you ever start a result thread with anything other than "Thank you [Aga/Ula/Vika] :hearts:"?

Aga was awful in the first set. She was a bit better in the second.

Pris
The moment when the 4th seed put the ball in the sky and waiting for errors .....priceless!

why not, if that works

plokploky
Feb 16th, 2012, 02:14 PM
Lepchenko played really well in the 1st set. But aga was just too consistent.

Landon92
Hm you know I thinking is better to see how #4 seed is waiting for errors then to see how grand slam champions Sharapova, Kvitova and Li are doing more than 50 unforced errors.

Miracle Worker
I hope Shahar will win with Christine :sobbing:

Please Shahar.

HuHu
Feb 16th, 2012, 02:16 PM
http://i40.tinypic.com/20tfl7q.jpg

Shvedbarilescu
Wasn't a good match from Aga. It really wasn't. She will need to play a lot better than that to have any chance in the semi finals against Azarenka.

Pris
btw, Thank you, indeed

kiriosh.
Feb 16th, 2012, 02:17 PM
Disgusting, but win is the win :shrug:

aguy9797
Feb 16th, 2012, 02:19 PM
bad, defensive Aga! :( 4 meters behind the baseline, running like a headless chicken.

Yesterday, Aga was completely in control against Ann. She was dictating the game from the beginning. Today, it was Lepchenko who was in control imposing her rules. Feel sorry for Lepchenko, should have taken the first set for sure. She needs a new brain.

Aga did not do anything to win today, just waited for those errors and they kept on coming....I guess Lepchenko lost the match for Aga.

DemiCrayanhan
Feb 16th, 2012, 02:20 PM
http://i40.tinypic.com/20tfl7q.jpg

this right here is aga's game...average serve w/no aces or dfs...keep winners and unforced errors to the minimum. nothing more, nothing less.

Landon92
Feb 16th, 2012, 02:23 PM
it's enough, i'm sure against probably mchale she will play better and more agressive. the same with Azarenka.

Cinek
Feb 16th, 2012, 02:24 PM
No good play by Aga but win is a win ;)

Good luck in QF (vs. McHale I hope:))

kow604
Feb 16th, 2012, 02:26 PM
i think aga played the very important points well, and her last service game, esp. the last two serves well.....but i have to agree for most of the match i found radwanska way too casual, and i agree if she is to win she needs to improve...her second serve still needs to be addressed....does the new coach not realise this? i am very happy she did win because it does say something for a player when they are not playing their best and they still win the match, as she said she is still fighting!!! good luck in qtrs!!!!

Mahon_Lorcan
Feb 16th, 2012, 02:27 PM
WTF??? Boring match. Very, very, very boring. I wanted to switch off my TV...
Aga please play better. If she still be so weak, she won't QF...

ElusiveChanteuse
Feb 16th, 2012, 02:28 PM
Aga :cheer:

GSMPrzysiezny
Feb 16th, 2012, 02:45 PM
Someone please buy Radwanska footwork. How can she be top 10 with such lazy feet? She uses her feet only to chase down balls, whenever she has a chance to play a shot with virtually her hand/arm only, she'll be happy to do it :rolleyes: Yes, that takes some talent, so what, it's not that effective. It's not juniors anymore, you don't have time now to hit a good groundstroke without your feet, girl.

Gilas.
Feb 16th, 2012, 02:59 PM
Bad match. Varvara dictated from the very beginning, putting the lefty serve to good use by winning points cheaply and set up easy points. The first set was close because she was bashing Aga's serve (rightfully) but she lost accuracy towards the end which led to her dropping the first set. The second set was more of Varvara hitting the ball out on every opportunity and Aga just standing there except when she's facing break points, where she actually hit some nice winners.

She needs to play more aggressive against Christina/Pe'er or else she'll lose easily.

Irute
Feb 16th, 2012, 03:00 PM
I am happy with the win, congrats :yeah:,... but

(...)

Not playing her best today.(...)

(...)

Aga was awful in the first set.(...)

Wasn't a good match from Aga. It really wasn't. (...)

bad, defensive Aga! :( 4 meters behind the baseline, running like a headless chicken.(...)

No good play by Aga (...)

as I mentioned in the other thread I have the feeling that it is not the best period for Aga and it is mostly mental. I see her having so much more potential technically at the moment, more than ever, but when I watch her game it seems her mind is elsewhere. I hope I am wrong, but if not... WAKE UP AGA!

Alwaysfan
Feb 16th, 2012, 03:07 PM
Ratwanska if you play like today against talented Xtina, youŽll be back to your sewer

vspak
Feb 16th, 2012, 03:14 PM
as the opponent, so the game ;)

aguy9797
Feb 16th, 2012, 03:18 PM
Ratwanska if you play like today against talented Xtina, youŽll be back to your sewer

just go away, please. no one wants to read your pointless, hateful comments

Alwaysfan
Feb 16th, 2012, 03:34 PM
Just joking!
More humor people!!

ohhh i understand..iŽm spanish. You tolerate more USA members, that say a lot of things against Masha,Caroline, etc

Ok, i accept it

fede33
Feb 16th, 2012, 03:39 PM
Aga well done!
TOP 5 nearer

:bounce::kiss:

Simugna Help
Feb 16th, 2012, 03:41 PM
Other than the first set against Azarenka in Sydney, I haven't seen Radwanska playing an impressive tennis.

However one thing that has changed tremendously from this point a year ago is Radwanska's confidence and competitive fierceness. She never appears to be doubting herself and seems focused on beating the opponent, even when her game doesn't click. So I think she'll win with McHale quite confidently and Azarenka will be the real test, especially after the recent 2 victories over Aga.

sammy01
Feb 16th, 2012, 03:51 PM
aga keeps clocking up those easy wins and easy points now she has those big seeding numbers next to her name in draws.

caro fans tried desperately to say what woz did was something amazing, lets see if they say the same when aga is top 3 still being no threat to win slams or to beating the best players.

Malva
Feb 16th, 2012, 04:48 PM
as the opponent, so the game ;)

I think that's the best summary.

Agnieszka can be quite nonchalant and seemingly 'out of focus' when she comes to the court confident that she would win.

From time to time such overconfidence can cost her the match when she faces an opponent having 'her day'. This happens not often however: in most cases she is still capable to win the match even against such opponents. And she knows that.

So I am afraid we shall see a lot of similar matches from Agnieszka in the future.

Otlichno
Feb 16th, 2012, 05:40 PM
I think this goes to show the difference between Aga and Caro. Everyone says they play the exact same "pusher" tennis, but that Aga only plays it worse than Caro. :lol: But everyone seems to have figured Caro out, while Aga is only getting better and better. :shrug:

Not that I think either one of them are pusher, just pointing out the differences between their games. :shrug:

Otlichno
Feb 16th, 2012, 05:42 PM
threat to beating the best players.

Victoria Azarenka has just won a Grand Slam and is #1. Did Aga not "threaten" to beat her the last three times they played? :lol:

Sombrerero loco
Feb 16th, 2012, 05:47 PM
well done aga!win the quarterfinals now please :)