PDA

View Full Version : Ana Ivanovic

danieln1
Feb 16th, 2012, 12:55 AM
Did you lose hope on her? I sure did.

And can anyone explain how a former slam champ can low to the level of a marginal top 30 player at best :rolleyes:

PS: I always wanted to do a player name thread :oh:

Fighterpova
Feb 16th, 2012, 01:21 AM
Wasn't she in your signature and avatar pic too? :tape: :lol:

Don't be so hard on yourself, she's had way worse losses than this :shrug:

I like the girl, but I have accepted the fact that she doesn't know how to use her brain(if she has one :lol:) and yeah, she's pretty much been like this since she won the FO 4 years ago.

Just be happy that she was able to win a Grand Slam which is something most tennis players never achieve, but that was her special day, the best day of her life, holding that beautiful trophy and smiling :)

Be happy with every win that she gets and every good result she makes since nobody is perfect and tennis is just a game :lol:

At least that is how I look at things(these days) :)

Now cheer up and get over it :hug: Ana is still a great girl :cheer:

And remember that you and other Ana fans will always have this and noone can take that away from her:
http://tenis.sk/images/stories/players2008/Ana_Ivanovic_26_Pariz_05-08.jpg

So young and beautiful :hearts:

TotalExpert
Feb 16th, 2012, 01:31 AM
I think she's too thin, she should get some KG's

danieln1
Feb 16th, 2012, 01:36 AM

I like the girl, but I have accepted the fact that she doesn't know how to use her brain(if she has one :lol:) and yeah, she's pretty much been like this since she won the FO 4 years ago.

Just be happy that she was able to win a Grand Slam which is something most tennis players never achieve, but that was her special day, the best day of her life, holding that beautiful trophy and smiling :)

Be happy with every win that she gets and every good result she makes since nobody is perfect and tennis is just a game :lol:

And remember that you and other Ana fans will always have this and noone can take that away from her:

:bowdown:

Yeah, I wish 2008 could happen all over again :D

Brad[le]y.
Feb 16th, 2012, 01:38 AM
It's just something that's part of being a fan, unfortunately :(

PS. I approve of your new sig :drool:

Ryan
Feb 16th, 2012, 01:48 AM
Ever heard of Majoli? :lol: I love Ana, but she clearly wasn't able to handle the pressure that came with the Slam and #1 at once.

Tomic
Feb 16th, 2012, 01:51 AM
Don't trip she till very young. I think she going have career like Kuzzy very up and down moments, I remember last year I said she going shock everybody one year and win another slam. but like Fighterpova said she achieve alot already in which player today trying do win Grandslam. Like some of ma Faves, Caro, Bepa :sad: Both who in Slumps at the moment, & Aggie, Pavlyuchenkova & JJ. But I wish Ana best luck It be nice too see her & JJ back in the top 10

Pvt. Kovalenko
Feb 16th, 2012, 01:53 AM

Nothing that we say, will be so perfect, like this Fighterpova's post. Just perfect :worship:

And is like MartinaH_4ever said:

It's just something that's part of being a fan, unfortunately :(

I don't lose the hope in Vera. You should do the same with Ana.

And BTW, "Você é brasileiro, e não desiste nunca!!", damn it!! :lol:

danieln1
Feb 16th, 2012, 01:58 AM
Nothing that we say, will be so perfect, like this Fighterpova's post. Just perfect :worship:

And is like MartinaH_4ever said:

I don't lose the hope in Vera. You should do the same with Ana.

And BTW, "Você é brasileiro, e não desiste nunca!!", damn it!! :lol:

Nao desisto nuncaaaa hahahah essa foi boa!!! :yeah: Mas ta foda ver a Ana perder p essas jogadoras inferiores..... E a Zvonareva vai voltar, so ela ficar boa da lesao.

Pops Maellard
Feb 16th, 2012, 02:41 AM
Her slump is now over three years old. If she can't make it back in this wide-open era then Lord help her :rolleyes:.

TotalExpert
Feb 16th, 2012, 02:44 AM
Her slump is now over three years old. If she can't make it back in this wide-open era then Lord help her :rolleyes:.

We can help her also, just need to buy her some food

duhcity
Feb 16th, 2012, 02:52 AM
She probably will be irrelevant at slams for another 4 years or so...before surging and winning a slam in Australia at like 30.

Fighterpova
Feb 16th, 2012, 03:54 AM
Thank you :hearts:
I can make some good posts when I'm inspired enough :lol:

Steven.
Feb 16th, 2012, 03:58 AM
Thank you :hearts:
I can make some good posts when I'm inspired enough :lol:

You need to do that more in SS :rolleyes::p

Fighterpova
Feb 16th, 2012, 04:02 AM
You need to do that more in SS :rolleyes::p

Yeah I love to troll and rant when Maria is losing because I get so freaking nervous :help:
But know this, I love Maria no matter what, she is a goddess, she is the biggest love of my life :hearts:(even though I'm gay) :lol:

I'll definitely try to be less negative when things are not great, I know it's annoying :lol:

A-Bond
Feb 16th, 2012, 04:42 AM
Ana is really a phenomen. I mean after RG 2008 she really slumped badly. She's become a little bit better after that horrible 2009, however she still only shows up for like 4 Tournaments a year and suffers bad losses in between. I mean she really could play freely now, it's not like people expect something big from her.

hanji
Feb 16th, 2012, 05:05 AM
Part of me is losing hope. But every time she enters a tournament, big or small, I still hope she'll win consecutive matches and take the title.

Now I just want her to be a slam contender again and win other titles, Premier or MM, besides Bali (which she had to win only 3 matches.) :help:

Reaching a slam QF again would be delightful for me. :rocker2::rocker2::rocker2:

empressionist
Feb 16th, 2012, 05:09 AM
Clearly she is done cause of one reason: she just is not commited enough. She got caught up in side-effects of tennis. You cant have glamour and a succesful sports career.

thegreendestiny
Feb 16th, 2012, 05:29 AM
She was NOT supposed to win RG 2008 in the first place. Justine's premature departure in 2008 caused ripples in history. Fate is making amends now and is correcting the unfortunate mistake of the past. These losses are but lead-ups to the eventual destruction of a player who dared to rob destiny just to have a drop from the fountain of greatness.

Gilas.
Feb 16th, 2012, 05:45 AM
She needs to stick with a coach first.

marineblue
Feb 16th, 2012, 07:08 AM
Well, winning a slam doesn't mean one will become unbeatable :lol:
I think Ana will be a top 20 player (at best) till the rest of her career. When I sometimes watch the old matches it's like watching a different person. Her game lost its magic which is sad because she used to be so much fun to watch :sad:

Beat
Feb 16th, 2012, 07:38 AM
And can anyone explain how a former slam champ can low to the level of a marginal top 30 player at best :rolleyes:

you had 4 years to find out.

oh, and this thread virtually screams "player forum".

Julian.
Feb 16th, 2012, 08:47 AM
Clearly she is done cause of one reason: she just is not commited enough. She got caught up in side-effects of tennis. You cant have glamour and a succesful sports career.

Maria Sharapova?

Steven.
Feb 16th, 2012, 08:54 AM
Maria Sharapova?

Maria (and Serena) are really the only exception in the history of our sport. :shrug:

Charlatan
Feb 17th, 2012, 05:15 AM
I love the first post from FighterPova. Very well said. Post like that in SS, too :D
Even though it's almost certain that her chances of coming to her top form and winning slams are gone, her fans can still enjoy her heydays and get reminiscent of it. It's a pity because she is such a great player in 2008. She should still get her act together and come back somehow and we can always hope

Siderophyre
Feb 17th, 2012, 08:23 AM
I think part of the problem is that it's impossible for Ana to just do a bit of 'toiling in obscurity' to get her game back together. Because of her good looks she will always get a lot of attention and often plays on show courts even although her ranking doesn't merit that at the moment. The pressure on her must be constant.

But the fact is she still sells tickets despite her fall, so the pressure will continue. Case in point - the brochure for this year's Eastbourne tournament. She's on the front cover with the losing finalist from 2011 (Kvitova) behind her. No sign of the tournament winner from last year!

Curtos07
Feb 17th, 2012, 09:46 AM

This is the biggest bunch of bullshit I hear with regards to Ana's slump. It's just so short sighted and dumb.

I can name several players who have done or do just as much or more glamour shoots than Ana does off-court. Sharapova, JJ, Wozniacki, the Williams Sisters and many more. So why are they considered focused on their careers but Ana isn't? It's blatant hypocrisy and a double standard.

You forget the fact that Ana has been doing that kind of stuff ever since she became a pro in 2004. She did pretty well the first 4-5 years, so where was this "she's not committed enough" stuff back then? Oh yeah, because she was winning. But as soon as she starts losing then it's the source of her problems. Can't have it both ways. Besides, how many off-court shoots have Ana done the past couple of years? Not many. At least not nearly as much as she was doing back in 2007, 2008 and 2009, two of which were the best two years of her career. So if Ana wasn't committed back then, why did she do so well? Because she had way more off-court obligations then, than she does now.

Ask anybody who works in the game and they'll tell you Ana is one of the hardest working girls on tour. If anything, she wants it too bad and puts all this pressure on herself. Her issue is a confidence one and she's just not mentally the same player as she was. I still have hope that she'll be a top 10 player again, this season. Will she? I don't know. I don't think she'll ever be the elite player she once was, but she still has an upside.

Curtos07
Feb 17th, 2012, 09:49 AM

Great post. :yeah:

Julian.
Feb 17th, 2012, 09:57 AM
I can name several players who have done or do just as much or more glamour shoots than Ana does off-court. Sharapova, JJ, Wozniacki, the Williams Sisters and many more.

Yeah, and all of them are more successful than Ana right now. I think the glam life isn't Ana's problem. Sharapova has been doing more glam stuff than Ana and she is the world #2 and still reach the later round of grand slams.