PDA

View Full Version : Has Melanie Oudin fallen lower than anyone else currently playing?

shoparound
Feb 16th, 2012, 12:55 AM
There's been many slumps in the recent years, but I don't know if any of them are as epic as Oudin has been. The girl CANNOT get any shot in the court anymore. :help:
By far this is worse than the point others like Cornet, DeBrito, etc has reached is it not?

And are these the results Tennisforum (Sharapova fans) have been looking for?

Jane Lane
Feb 16th, 2012, 01:13 AM
Alexandra Stevenson? :shrug:

theFutureisNow
Feb 16th, 2012, 01:31 AM
Oudin fans are delusional if they think Sharapova fans care all that much about the loss. Maria had zero chance to win the tournament. It was just another loss to some random player.

The reason people dislike her is because she is arrogant, delusional and wildly overhyped.

matty
Feb 16th, 2012, 02:13 AM
Dokic was as high as #4 and fell to the mid 600's and Lucic fell to the high 400/low 500's in ranking. Both have slowly climbed back into the top 75 and 125--There may be hope for Melanie because she is much younger than either of them were when they started their comebacks. Not sure that Melanie is as talented as Dokic, but maybe as much as Lucic. I'm sure there are other examples out there. All 3 appear to have personal/family struggles...not surprisingly....

Oh and Ana Lena Groenefeld, too and yes, Cornet's fall is pretty odd and then Kraijeck (sp), but Melanie will be falling further down in the ranking than these girls, according to those that keep track of this ranking stuff and are taking personal glee in her failure (how pathetic of them).

Anabelcroft
Feb 16th, 2012, 02:36 AM
Yes,she is...

TotalExpert
Feb 16th, 2012, 02:43 AM
Yes,she is...

Hello Anabel

When will we get next Matsnpoint?

Shvedbarilescu
Feb 16th, 2012, 04:59 AM
The answer is actually no. As of now Oudin has fallen from a high of 31 to outside the top 200. That isn't good. It certainly reflects something has gone drastically wrong. But it is hardly exceptional and this sort of thing does happen from time to time, sometimes even more drastically than what has happened to Oudin. Ironically one good example of an even worse collapse is the player who beat her just this week. Olga Puchkova had a career high of 32 before she began her descent down all the way to 380. Julie Coin, after achieving a CH of 60 managed to go from inside the top 100 to 371 in just 12 months. Raluca Olaru, was once top 50 and next week will have fallen outside the top 300. There are plenty of others too. Mostly a drastic fall like these is caused by injury although in the cases of Puchkova, Coin and Olaru this was not the case and I chose those three players as examples for this very reason. Oudin's fall has been nasty, but certainly not unprecedented. She's not the 1st young top 50 player to plummet out of the top 200 and she won't be the last either. Simply, shit happens.

Gilas.
Feb 16th, 2012, 06:02 AM
Yes. When I saw her match against Robson in AO qualies where she is being outmaneuvered by a player who herself can't move, I knew there was no way to go but down. And you can't play a proper counterpunching game without good movement.

Steven.
Feb 16th, 2012, 06:08 AM
:spit: why would we care if she loses or not? She's no threat...

but it is sad to see her spiral down so dramatically. I hope she finds the form that once gave her a taste of what success is like.

Aryman3
Feb 16th, 2012, 07:26 AM
Marta Domachowska - exemplary career

Yoncé
Feb 16th, 2012, 07:27 AM
Caroline currently seems to be on a mission to match or better the Great Oudin slump.

Melange
Feb 16th, 2012, 07:28 AM
A Mess!

StephenUK
Feb 16th, 2012, 09:00 AM
A Mess!

Appalling, but she still hasn't completed the full circle yet. She still has a few points to defend over the next few weeks so there is still a chance that she can turn something around in time. The big humiliation will be dropping out of the top 250 and not even getting into GS qualies - given that US $25ks are reasonably competitive, she may be then forced to play in Latin America, the Asia-Pacific tour and Lagos.

Is Stacey Tan still playing? Because I don't think Melanie will have quite plumbed the absolute depths until she has emulated the spectacular fall of Nicole Vaidisova and contrived a 6-2 6-1 loss to her.

Tennisfan06
Feb 16th, 2012, 09:17 AM
Claudine Schaul has a CH #41, now she is unranked and plays in 10k tournaments.

crazillo
Feb 16th, 2012, 09:36 AM
ALG is a far worse example IMO, because people really projected a great future for her.

Melange
Feb 16th, 2012, 10:02 AM
Alexandra Stevenson? :shrug:

That is so mean, I could have forgiven you if you said Domachowska :sad:

Fighterpova
Feb 16th, 2012, 10:08 AM
Why would Sharapova fans care is she loses? :spit:
It was a terrible loss, purely disgusting, but please it was over 3 years ago FFS :lol:

Pops Maellard
Feb 16th, 2012, 10:08 AM
Nicole Vaidisova? :shrug:

Juju Nostalgique
Feb 16th, 2012, 10:28 AM
Sperm was at a career high #17 then fell a lot too. She retired in October so I guess she doesn't count. ;)

Looked like a promising career (à la ALG maybe) and shit happened too. :hug:

Alwaysfan
Feb 16th, 2012, 10:35 AM
Woz will follow her...but Mel is younger :)

Melange
Feb 16th, 2012, 10:38 AM
Why would Sharapova fans care is she loses? :spit:
It was a terrible loss, purely disgusting, but please it was over 3 years ago FFS :lol:

There was one incident at French Open ten years ago which one section seem to keep bringing up endlessly.

Melange
Feb 16th, 2012, 10:41 AM
Woz will follow her...but Mel is younger :)

Woz coach is also ****ing her mother :eek:

Queenpova
Feb 16th, 2012, 10:59 AM
I dont have anything against her. I actually thought she seemed nice after beating MS

babsi
Feb 16th, 2012, 11:12 AM
It's too easy to make the assumption that she is arrogant and delusional which is not true, saw her at a tournament last year and she was one of the nicest players there.

The run at the US Open played a huge part, the media pressure was immense she just couldn't deal with it. She was getting sponsorships left, right and centre. She just wasn't ready. She had a few decent results in 2010 but apart from that it has been bad loss after bad loss.

I personally think she needs to get away from tennis, take a break, re-group because at the moment it seems that she will lose to whoever she plays which atm makes things worse.

I do hope that she can come back to a decent level. You would have thought the media would have learned from Capriati.

matty
Feb 16th, 2012, 05:55 PM
The run at the US Open played a huge part, the media pressure was immense she just couldn't deal with it.

and that wasn't even half the problem--she found out her mom was cheating on her dad with her tennis coach and then THAT story made the New York Times. How crushing, heartbreaking and embarrasing would that be for a then 17 year old that trusted her coach like a 2nd father?

RenaSlam.
Feb 16th, 2012, 06:09 PM
Melanie as of late:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/img.funnyanimatedgifs.net/475.gif

:lol:

faboozadoo15
Feb 16th, 2012, 06:22 PM
I don't see Sharapova fans celebrating her losses. I actually like Melanie and always root for her to do well. Just because Maria stunk up the court, and Mel took advantage, doesn't mean we should hold anything against her.

If anything, more of her hate comes from her comments about the Williams sisters and their patriotism during Fed Cup.

pov
Feb 16th, 2012, 06:27 PM
It even took me a moment to remember who Oudin is. No joke. So yes - an epic slump/fail. I wasn't surprise that she didn't live up to the (very over-)hype but I did think she'd be solidly in the top 30. I looked before posting and currently she's just barely in the top 200. :eek:

Sharapova is among my faves but I don't get the connection you see between that and wishing failure on Oudin or any other player. :confused:

Tomic
Wat is Mel ranking as of now.

I remember Nikki V. Went down ranking real bad too, But Mel Hopefully will recover

pov
Woz will follow her..
:haha: ummm . .nope!

cosmoose
Feb 16th, 2012, 06:30 PM
Vadisova fell down in the rankings in to retirement.

young_gunner913
Feb 16th, 2012, 06:37 PM
Oudin fans are delusional if they think Sharapova fans care all that much about the loss. Maria had zero chance to win the tournament. It was just another loss to some random player.

The reason people dislike her is because she is arrogant, delusional and wildly overhyped.

LMFAO :lol: Bitter Sharapova Stan #1, I'll count more but this one came so soon, it caught me off guard. :rolls:

Vulturepova
Feb 16th, 2012, 07:14 PM
Appalling, but she still hasn't completed the full circle yet. She still has a few points to defend over the next few weeks so there is still a chance that she can turn something around in time. The big humiliation will be dropping out of the top 250 and not even getting into GS qualies - given that US $25ks are reasonably competitive, she may be then forced to play in Latin America, the Asia-Pacific tour and Lagos.

Is Stacey Tan still playing? Because I don't think Melanie will have quite plumbed the absolute depths until she has emulated the spectacular fall of Nicole Vaidisova and contrived a 6-2 6-1 loss to her.

She'll be reduced to playing in Mexico, staying in a brothel and eating meat seasoned with steroids :tears:

miffedmax
Feb 16th, 2012, 08:58 PM
She'll be reduced to playing in Mexico, staying in a brothel and eating meat seasoned with steroids :tears:

You just described my dream weekend.

StephenUK
Feb 17th, 2012, 12:35 AM
According to Boiled Egg's calculations, she will drop to 208 next week, two spots above Garbage Mug!!!

Barktra
Feb 17th, 2012, 12:38 AM
For all we know Oudin maybe can be the next Capriati

tennis-insomniac
Feb 17th, 2012, 04:07 AM
It is never nice to see a player in slump. I hope she could find it again, it is mostly mental and it is not easy to lose your mindset.

I like Mel a lot but she can not base her game on emotion. She is still young I wish she can continue her career in a different light.

Vincey!
Feb 17th, 2012, 04:13 AM
I saw her earlier this year for the Play Off I think losing to Gail?? Her game was quite terrible, no power in her shots anymore, horrible serve and she was moving well at all AND she had gained so much weight, she used to be quite fit. That's sad for her, I don't know what she'll need to do to make things go back on track. MAJOR chances need to be done quickly or she'll disappear like some former top American Juniors (cargill and Harkleroad comes to my mind)

sammy01
Feb 17th, 2012, 04:19 AM
For all we know Oudin maybe can be the next Capriati

is she on drugs too :lol:

matty
Feb 17th, 2012, 04:31 AM
It is never nice to see a player in slump. I hope she could find it again, it is mostly mental and it is not easy to lose your mindset.

I like Mel a lot but she can not base her game on emotion. She is still young I wish she can continue her career in a different light.

kind words from a kind soul :)

Halepsova
Feb 17th, 2012, 04:48 AM
and that wasn't even half the problem--she found out her mom was cheating on her dad with her tennis coach and then THAT story made the New York Times. How crushing, heartbreaking and embarrasing would that be for a then 17 year old that trusted her coach like a 2nd father?

Oh god. :o

dany.p
Feb 17th, 2012, 08:56 AM
The answer is actually no. As of now Oudin has fallen from a high of 31 to outside the top 200. That isn't good. It certainly reflects something has gone drastically wrong. But it is hardly exceptional and this sort of thing does happen from time to time, sometimes even more drastically than what has happened to Oudin. Ironically one good example of an even worse collapse is the player who beat her just this week. Olga Puchkova had a career high of 32 before she began her descent down all the way to 380. Julie Coin, after achieving a CH of 60 managed to go from inside the top 100 to 371 in just 12 months. Raluca Olaru, was once top 50 and next week will have fallen outside the top 300. There are plenty of others too. Mostly a drastic fall like these is caused by injury although in the cases of Puchkova, Coin and Olaru this was not the case and I chose those three players as examples for this very reason. Oudin's fall has been nasty, but certainly not unprecedented. She's not the 1st young top 50 player to plummet out of the top 200 and she won't be the last either. Simply, shit happens.

Nothing more to add. It's a big fall no doubt, but there has been worse. We'll see how much further she falls (if she does).