PDA

View Full Version : How low is Vera Zvonareva going to fall this year?

aguy9797
Feb 15th, 2012, 01:39 PM
Vera, WTF is going on with you???? :help:

Talula
Feb 15th, 2012, 01:41 PM
She had her chances and now she's spent? She had a window of success but it's now closed. A bit like Jelena. Maybe they should hold hands and jump off the building together! I mean that figuratively of course.

aguy9797
Feb 15th, 2012, 01:46 PM
i am still hoping this is just a short term nightmare and Vera will be back...eventually

Novichok
Feb 15th, 2012, 01:47 PM
Hopefully she stays top 15.

Tomic
Feb 15th, 2012, 01:49 PM
I have feeling if she do fall she stay in the top 20 that if. I can see her making a good run at one of the Grand slam like RG or Wimby where she don't have no points to defend really.

StoneRose
Feb 15th, 2012, 01:52 PM
10-20, this'll take some time.

King Halep
Feb 15th, 2012, 01:56 PM
Go back to having two coaches at same time

stromatolite
Feb 15th, 2012, 01:58 PM
I think she's got too good a game to drop off the radar altogether. I actually thinks she'll stay in the top 10 for a good part of the year, and would be surprised to see her go out of the top 20. But she has some work to do if she wants to challenge the real top players now.

Tennis Observer
Feb 15th, 2012, 02:02 PM
Not Top 10 but confident within Top 20.

aguy9797
Feb 15th, 2012, 02:12 PM
She had her chances and now she's spent? She had a window of success but it's now closed. A bit like Jelena. Maybe they should hold hands and jump off the building together! I mean that figuratively of course.

Jelena has suffered due to "celebrity syndrome" enjoying too much the life style of rich and famous. Vera's collapse is an enigma to me

Pvt. Kovalenko
Feb 15th, 2012, 02:23 PM
A long winter for Vera and her injuries.. :hug: :sad:

She will fall in the ranking, but she can get back. If she play injury free..

The same question can be made to Jankovic. What's going on with her??

Milk_Shakespeare
Feb 15th, 2012, 02:36 PM
She will be in the top 10 for a while.

goldenlox
Feb 15th, 2012, 02:48 PM
Vera just retired from 2 matches in a row, so getting healthy is more important than holding her ranking at this time.

Shadowcat
Feb 15th, 2012, 03:09 PM
How low high is Vera Zvonareva going to fall this year?

If she get a grip, she will still be in top 10.

Sammo
Feb 15th, 2012, 03:36 PM
I'd say she'll finish the year between 20-25

justineheninfan
Feb 15th, 2012, 04:01 PM
She and Wozniacki are both going to see epic falls.

justineheninfan
Feb 15th, 2012, 04:03 PM
She will drop to a 15-25ish ranked player which is what she always was anyway. Last year and a half was an aberration.

Wozniacki will drop to the 8-12 range this year.

Gilas.
Feb 15th, 2012, 04:05 PM
She's injured and she always turns GOAT after an injury :oh:
Seriously though, she should drop to the 15-20 range. Doha points undefended, plus she has Miami semi coming soon. And she won't be able to play a lot of tournaments with the injury.

Mistress of Evil
Feb 15th, 2012, 04:10 PM
Surprisingly, out of TOP 20. :shrug:

dsanders06
Feb 15th, 2012, 04:19 PM
I'd expect her to finish the year #8-12. While it's true her 2010 Slam finals were a gross overachievement, she's still good enough to out-steady the rank-and-file, and she's also in recent years become quite good at putting poor runs of form and setbacks out of her mind and pressing on too.

Trickle
Feb 15th, 2012, 04:41 PM
I feel bad I made fun of her for choking her AO doubles win with Kuzzy. After watching her losing her singles match at the AO and trying to shake her opponents hand through tears, I take it back. I wish she got herself together. I remember cheering her on back in 2004 when she was a young future journeywoman, didn't think she would ever get to #2 in the world back then.

sweetadri06
Feb 15th, 2012, 04:45 PM
Vera is proabably done. I think she peaked already.

justineheninfan
Feb 15th, 2012, 04:46 PM
I'd expect her to finish the year #8-12. While it's true her 2010 Slam finals were a gross overachievement, she's still good enough to out-steady the rank-and-file, and she's also in recent years become quite good at putting poor runs of form and setbacks out of her mind and pressing on too.

While in theory that is pretty true, she also is getting older and probably entering the "past your prime" stage, which is why she probably wont even be in the 8-12 range.

Kairi
Feb 15th, 2012, 05:02 PM
ask BepaMaria..

RR-87
Feb 15th, 2012, 05:05 PM
please call Demekhine already :hysteric:

pav
Feb 15th, 2012, 06:10 PM
I can't believe how many are completely ignoring the fact that she is injured, and even that she is throwing matches, she hasen't got a cunning bone in her body. Her form goes up and down a bit, but always any decent drop has been thru a decent injury over the last four of five years.Her size dosen't help and she gets a beating now and then, but not quite redy to be dog tucker yet(I hope)

Beat
Feb 15th, 2012, 06:12 PM
can't see her falling out of the top 20 really. i mean, even jankovic and ivanovic finsihed the year in there.

ask BepaMaria..

:haha:

Excelscior
Feb 15th, 2012, 07:34 PM
Great title, considering how much one of her biggest Stans always ask how many games her opponent will win against her. Lol

ElusiveChanteuse
Feb 16th, 2012, 11:56 AM
Hip injury? Out of top 50 and half a year from tennis I guess.:shrug:

aguy9797
Feb 16th, 2012, 01:44 PM
I hope she will take some time off, I mean, if her results are due to the injury. No point in playing and losing to everybody

BepaMaria
Feb 16th, 2012, 02:17 PM
ask BepaMaria..

Not funny:o

Anyway, at her worst, Zvonareva will still be ranked within the top 15. Right now she's injured and playing poorly, but i expect that crisis to be over soon. Much will depend on how well she recovers. If she manages to regain form as early as Miami, she will go on to post solid results and finish in the top 8 at the end of the year.

She has little points to defend during the clay and grass season, so that period will be a good opportunity to gain more points. Events like Wimbledon and USO are what she excels at and if she can go deep into the SF or F of those, top 4 is certainly possible. She will be back and is not going to drop as fast as you guys think.

Tennis Observer
Feb 16th, 2012, 02:18 PM
I'd say she'll finish the year between 20-25

As Vera is injured, her recent results don’t reflect her potential.
If you expect Vera to fall out of Top 20, you not only predict that she will accumulate less than roughly 2,500 ranking points within this season but also another player outside Top 20 have to replace her.
After reading predictions about the downfall of some Top 25 players (and comments about their poor performances) I am under the impression that WTA’s Top 25 ranking should only consists of 15 players. But this is to the way the ranking system works.

Alwaysfan
Feb 16th, 2012, 02:19 PM
Between 12-15

Excelscior
Feb 16th, 2012, 02:28 PM

The problem is, we don't know who the rank and file will be in 2012? Lol

There appears to be several players that can make their move into the top 15-20 McHale, Barthel, the other Germans, and some I don't even remember, etc.). Lol.

I know McHale and especiall Barthel may be a stretch for the top 12-20. But it's no guarantee that if Vera keeps falling, she'll stay in the top 12 either.

I just got a feeling we're going to see some movement from 7-25 in the rankings this year (if/when Li Na, Caro, Vera Z, etc. experience their fall from grace).

The top 20 may be there for Vera!?

We'll see?

fede33
Feb 16th, 2012, 02:50 PM
I hope to finish 10-15 :sobbing::sobbing:

Mixal
Feb 16th, 2012, 03:00 PM
Not lower than Jankovic.

dsanders06
Feb 16th, 2012, 03:12 PM
Not funny:o

Anyway, at her worst, Zvonareva will still be ranked within the top 15. Right now she's injured and playing poorly, but i expect that crisis to be over soon. Much will depend on how well she recovers. If she manages to regain form as early as Miami, she will go on to post solid results and finish in the top 8 at the end of the year.

She has little points to defend during the clay and grass season, so that period will be a good opportunity to gain more points. Events like Wimbledon and USO are what she excels at and if she can go deep into the SF or F of those, top 4 is certainly possible. She will be back and is not going to drop as fast as you guys think.

Uh, not really. The first 3 months of the year, dominated by slow hardcourts, should really be her best time of the season for sure. The US Open is somewhat of a good fit for her (especially if it's playing as slowly as last year), but surely you've realised by now that her Wimbledon final was the mother of all flukes :lol: I wouldn't be surprised if she fails to make a Slam QF this year (though like I said I still think she has a chance of scraping a place in the year-end top 10 with regained consistency at the WTA events).

The problem is, we don't know who the rank and file will be in 2012? Lol

There appears to be several players that can make their move into the top 15-20 McHale, Barthel, the other Germans, and some I don't even remember, etc.). Lol.

I know McHale and especiall Barthel may be a stretch for the top 12-20. But it's no guarantee that if Vera keeps falling, she'll stay in the top 12 either.

I just got a feeling we're going to see some movement from 7-25 in the rankings this year (if/when Li Na, Caro, Vera Z, etc. experience their fall from grace).

The top 20 may be there for Vera!?

We'll see?

I still think if Zvonareva regains even the mediocre form she had in the second half of last season, she'd be too good for the McHales and Barthels and Kerbers of the tour. She certainly wasn't playing great in the second half of last year, and was almost guaranteed to get smacked whenever she ran into a top player (wasn't her only big win over Kvitova in Tokyo? which was practically gift-wrapped for her), but at the same time she was still virtually guaranteed to scramble past all of the rank-and-file. I expect her to return to that type of form...I don't think her absolutely horrendous form of the past 5 weeks to last really.