PDA

View Full Version : Kim not playing Indian Wells because its "too early" for her

Michael*
Feb 15th, 2012, 10:55 AM
Kim resumes in Miami
Kim Clijsters will resume competition in Miami (19 March - 1 April). The Indian wells tournament early March is too early for her.Kim has opted for full recovery before resuming competition. Last year Kim reached the quarter finals in Miami. She subsequently beat Anastasiya Yakimova, Maria Jose Martinez Sanchez and Ana Ivanovic. In the quarter finals Victoria Azarenka proved too strong.

"I'm very disappointed that due to my ankle injury I'm not able to take part in this year's BNP Paribas Open. Indian Wells has always been quite special tourmanent for me. In 2003 and 2005 I won the event after a period of recovery from an injury. I really have the most fond memories of Indian Wells and always enjoyed the support I got there from the audience. I wish the tournament the very best", Kim concluded.

After her semi final at the Australian Open Kim decided to rest for a while, but she has now resumed training. Training sessions will become more intensive in the next few weeks. From the first moments on the pitch, Kim proved very eager.

http://sport.be.msn.com/kimclijsters/eng/nieuws/article.html?Article_ID=564100&utm_source=www.kimclijsters.be-ENG&utm_campaign=sportbe_rss&utm_medium=rss

Ankel still? brest feeding Jada?

Tennis Observer
Feb 15th, 2012, 11:06 AM
I am not surprised of her pullout after looking at her web presence some days ago. Her full statement (http://sport.be.msn.com/kimclijsters/eng/nieuws/article.html?Article_ID=564100):

Kim Clijsters will resume competition in Miami (19 March - 1 April). The Indian wells tournament early March is too early for her.

Kim has opted for full recovery before resuming competition. Last year Kim reached the quarter finals in Miami. She subsequently beat Anastasiya Yakimova, Maria Jose Martinez Sanchez and Ana Ivanovic. In the quarter finals Victoria Azarenka proved too strong.

"I'm very disappointed that due to my ankle injury I'm not able to take part in this year's BNP Paribas Open. Indian Wells has always been quite special tourmanent for me. In 2003 and 2005 I won the event after a period of recovery from an injury. I really have the most fond memories of Indian Wells and always enjoyed the support I got there from the audience. I wish the tournament the very best", Kim concluded.

After her semi final at the Australian Open Kim decided to rest for a while, but she has now resumed training. Training sessions will become more intensive in the next few weeks. From the first moments on the pitch, Kim proved very eager.

Imperfect Angel
Feb 15th, 2012, 11:30 AM
Not because of Japan's radiation anymore?:oh:

*JR*
Feb 16th, 2012, 11:51 AM
I presume this is Kim's final season, and (like the W/S) she no longer cares that much about a stupid ranking system she transcended (after being the WTA's first slamless #1) by dominating the US hardcourts in 2005; starting from winning IW on a wildcard as #136, because she'd played Bob Verbeeck's new little Belgian event the past September, though clearly not ready to. (Thus not getting an IPR @ IW, because she hadn't been out 6 months). BTW, maybe she can get the USTA to replace her @ IW by giving her sister Elke a maindraw WC. :tape:

chloe-l
Feb 16th, 2012, 12:59 PM

:devil:

<Sven>
Feb 16th, 2012, 01:06 PM
I presume this is Kim's final season, and (like the W/S) she no longer cares that much about a stupid ranking system she transcended (after being the WTA's first slamless #1) by dominating the US hardcourts in 2005; starting from winning IW on a wildcard as #136, because she'd played Bob Verbeeck's new little Belgian event the past September, though clearly not ready to. (Thus not getting an IPR @ IW, because she hadn't been out 6 months). BTW, maybe she can get the USTA to replace her @ IW by giving her sister Elke a maindraw WC. :tape:

I must admit I wasn't really surprised as well that she pulled out.
It's not like she needs the money or the points. I do wish she'll be seeded for RG though...

And on another note, I saw Elke in the exhibition match she played with her sister against Wozniacki and Wickmayer... She was by far not the worst player on that court... :p

Sammo
Feb 16th, 2012, 01:27 PM

You beat me to it :spit:

donellcarey
Feb 16th, 2012, 01:35 PM
This :oh:

Stonerpova
Feb 16th, 2012, 01:39 PM
:rolleyes:

tonybotz
Feb 16th, 2012, 01:58 PM
anyone read Peter Bodo's "article" on this. he basically calls her out saying the excuse is bullshiz.

Brαm
Feb 17th, 2012, 05:41 AM
anyone read Peter Bodo's "article" on this. he basically calls her out saying the excuse is bullshiz.
i'm sure Kim's crying herself to sleep at night due to Peter Bodo's comments :lol:

the jamierbelyea
Feb 17th, 2012, 05:46 AM
i'm sure Kim's crying herself to sleep at night due to Peter Bodo's comments :lol:

Well I should hope so. The only reason to have an opinion in article is to get a rise out of Kim.

FleetSeb
Feb 17th, 2012, 01:10 PM
Not saying I like her picking and choosing events but Bodo is well known as a Clijsters hater... There was that time he described her as a milkmaid or something as well :help:

C. Drone
Feb 17th, 2012, 01:18 PM

many here calling this BS long time, Bodo just trying to copy us. :p

alfonsojose
Feb 17th, 2012, 01:43 PM
Kim Williams. Who needs IW? ;)

LoveFifteen
Feb 17th, 2012, 02:30 PM
Your fave could nevah! :hysteric:

TheBoiledEgg
Feb 17th, 2012, 02:35 PM

thats gonna be her excuse for missing Fed Cup in Japan

faboozadoo15
Feb 17th, 2012, 03:44 PM
Well, godspeed. It's quite a nice, big event that she's had success at. I don't really understand why she wouldn't play, but that's her choice.

It's clearly her final year on tour.

miffedmax
Feb 17th, 2012, 06:45 PM
Yeah, I'm not sure what the fuss is about. A part-time player on the tour has basically said "Hey, I'm a part-time player on the tour."

JCTennisFan
Feb 17th, 2012, 08:47 PM
Dammit, someone already beat me to it. I was gonna say something like

"Are we sure she isnt skipping IW just to make sure that there isnt any left over radiation in the air/soil?"

Oh well...

JCTennisFan
Feb 17th, 2012, 08:49 PM
It's clearly her final year on tour.

Eh... this is nothing new.... she has been acting like this for atleast 2 years now...

BluSthil
Feb 17th, 2012, 11:05 PM
Kim's excuses are getting real boring. She is going to 'play' her ankle injury or other injury (hip maybe)to serve her purpose. She doesn't give a hoot about her ranking. All she wants to do is to qualify for the Olympics and arrive as fresh as she can be. Kim will play a couple of tournaments beforehand only to keep her edge. What a sad ending to an otherwise notable career.

JCTennisFan
Feb 17th, 2012, 11:25 PM
Kim's excuses are getting real boring. She is going to 'play' her ankle injury or other injury (hip maybe)to serve her purpose. She doesn't give a hoot about her ranking. All she wants to do is to qualify for the Olympics and arrive as fresh as she can be. Kim will play a couple of tournaments beforehand only to keep her edge. What a sad ending to an otherwise notable career.

You forgot to mention this is all in your opinion. Kim hasnt exactly proved to be the most reliable when it comes to retirement. If we went by her first words she'd of stayed retired since 2007 and not won an additional 3 slams. Only time will truely tell how her career's story will end.

sammy01
Feb 17th, 2012, 11:32 PM
go kimmie, dont bother with MM tournaments like IW :tape:

in all serious, IW and miami back to back. i assume she doesn't wanna play/train for potentially 4 straight weeks. miami is a faster court, gives her ankle more time and is the tournament she loves more.

VishaalMaria
Feb 17th, 2012, 11:49 PM
It's her final year on tour, she can play wherever she wants to!

shoparound
Feb 19th, 2012, 12:46 AM
:lol: I hope Kim will one day just say: I don't want to play this tournament because I don't care

BrianLee
Feb 19th, 2012, 01:20 AM
Eh... this is nothing new.... she has been acting like this for atleast 2 years now...

of course, every year is her last year......

BrianLee
Feb 19th, 2012, 01:22 AM
all she cares now are Grand Slam and Olympics.What a tragedy player!