PDA

View Full Version : Which of these players you expected to have better singles career???

mirzafanindia
Feb 15th, 2012, 03:14 AM
Which among these players you thought would have much better career in singles than they actually did?or could have done more with their potential?
I have to go with Mirza:sad:
2005-2007 were just great..But just 1 title and highest ranking of 27..Honestly expected a lot more from her

hellas719
Feb 15th, 2012, 03:21 AM
Vaidisova obviously...
Also Groenefeld, Krasnoroutskaya, and Sprem come to mind :(

BillFromRichmond
Feb 15th, 2012, 03:33 AM
Vaidisova obviously...
Also Groenefeld, Krasnoroutskaya, and Sprem come to mind :(

Until she fell in love with the man who has ruined more than one lady's career, Radek Stepanek.:)

mirzafanindia
Feb 15th, 2012, 03:35 AM
But they are not in my poll:rolleyes:
I was talking about Mirza,Vesnina,Dulko and Wozniak;)

Pump-it-UP
Feb 15th, 2012, 04:05 AM
Sania. And Aleks to a much lesser extent.

skanky~skanketta
Feb 15th, 2012, 05:07 AM
Just about all of them actually. But for me, Dulko had the most potential. I remember watching her at the Hopman Cup a few years back and she was hitting return winners off Marat Safin's serve (granted, Marat was AWFUL in all his HC doubles matches and didn't serve quite as hard against the ladies, but still!). Add that to the fact that she has taken out a few big names in her matches, it's really disappointing that she's not really strung together a better career.

Mirza while I adore her, did pretty well for when she was healthy. IMO, it's fine to be a hard hitter with little variety. However, to get to the top (inconsistency aside), you need either a good serve or good movement. She didn't have either, so not matter how good her groundies got, she was never gonna go too far.

Never really followed Wozniack too closely, but it's quite surprising that she's plummeted so far down after a pretty good season 2 years ago.

With Vesnina, she has a decent strokes, ok serve and ok movement. However, her game is far too one-dimensional. She doesn't have overwhelming power or tactical prowess to really take it to the next level.

Sombrerero loco
Feb 15th, 2012, 07:56 AM
where is cornet in the poll?

mirzafanindia
Feb 15th, 2012, 12:44 PM
where is cornet in the poll?
I did not include her because she reached a career high ranking of 11 which is pretty high for a player like here while the others on the list came so close to top 20 but never got there:)

plokploky
Feb 15th, 2012, 12:49 PM
How the hell did vesnina get anywhere close to the top 20. She can never get any balls in.

StoneRose
Feb 15th, 2012, 01:24 PM
Voted none, maybe Mirza could have been better. Then again very likely not, she always lost agains Kraijcek when they were both ranked near 30, not a good sign.

Talula
Feb 15th, 2012, 01:26 PM
Sania. I thought she was going to be a leading light.

Mightymirza
Feb 15th, 2012, 01:44 PM
:lol: wats up with all these polls? Someone is bored today?

Queenpova
Feb 15th, 2012, 01:46 PM
Sprem and Dokic