PDA

View Full Version : Adele thought about taking a five-year hiatus from music to Focus on Her Love Life

pov
Feb 15th, 2012, 03:03 AM
http://www.aceshowbiz.com/news/view/00047859.html

Adele might not release a new song anytime soon. The British singer, who has won six Golden Gramophones at 2012 Grammy Awards, revealed in a recent interview that she would like to step away from music for four or five years in order to focus on her love life.

"If I am constantly working, my relationships fail," the chart-topping artist reasoned. In addition to wishing to spend quality time with her boyfriend, she additionally gushed, "So at least now I can have enough time to write a happy record. And be in love and be happy."

-------------
Updated:

Adele is NOT gonna have a five year break... more like five days! ;) She said in her blog like that and she said that she's back to recording studio after Brit's!

pov
Feb 15th, 2012, 03:04 AM
Dang. Imagine a male singer who said he wanted to take 5 years off to focus on his girlfriend. The media and much of the public would crucify him.

delicatecutter
Feb 15th, 2012, 03:07 AM
Uh this was discussed in other threads. Do you pay attention?

pov
Feb 15th, 2012, 03:17 AM
Uh this was discussed in other threads. Do you pay attention?
To threads on Adele? Nah. To most threads on here? Nah.

Yoncé
Feb 15th, 2012, 04:43 AM
:sobbing:

Andy.
Feb 15th, 2012, 04:59 AM
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c177/relcoh/GIF/tumblr_lckjm5wq3a1qb5b3po1_500.gif

Mashabator
Feb 15th, 2012, 06:15 AM
^ dat

Pops Maellard
Feb 15th, 2012, 08:37 AM
Oh my :lol:. Well it's a risky move, taking that extended a break. Who knows if she'll still be popular on her return :unsure:. She can't disappear completely - that would be career suicide :oh:.

Hopefully over the five-year break she can find something more interesting to write about also :oh:.

Dodoboy.
Feb 15th, 2012, 08:45 AM
She won't do this, don't worry.

Imperfect Angel
Feb 15th, 2012, 12:03 PM
Yeah she better. But if she could still win Grammys making albums on rubbish relationships, then she'll be even greater!:bowdown: :oh:

Chrissie-fan
Feb 15th, 2012, 12:57 PM
Dang. Imagine a male singer who said he wanted to take 5 years off to focus on his girlfriend. The media and much of the public would crucify him.
Well, John Lennon did it. Of course he was in position where he didn't have to give a fuck about what anyone thought about him, but in a way the same goes for Adele. Many of the big names have long breaks between albums these days.

ToopsTame
Feb 15th, 2012, 01:11 PM
This is probably good for everyone. She's oversaturated everywhere. We need a break. A break would also help her keep her sanity and not turn into another Britney/Mariah/Whitney under all the stress.

Apoleb
Feb 15th, 2012, 01:18 PM
She should also consider losing weight if she doesn't want her relationships to fail.

Super Dave
Feb 15th, 2012, 01:25 PM
http://gifs.gifbin.com/062010/1276705743_swimming-coach-falls-asleep.gif

Fighterpova
Feb 15th, 2012, 02:03 PM
Omg nooooo :sobbing:
And I can't believe she has so much haters :tape:

WTAtennisfan15
Feb 15th, 2012, 02:06 PM
Adele is NOT gonna have a five year break... more like five days! ;) She said in her blog like that and she said that she's back to recording studio after Brit's!

Adele fans are called DAYDREAMERS

Adele's first performance in TV ever! (2007)
4Q_z2WkSKTc

moby
Feb 15th, 2012, 03:04 PM
Hopefully 5 years on she'll come up with a more creative album title than "29".

pov
Feb 15th, 2012, 03:04 PM
I can't believe she has so much haters :tape:
I think the term "hater" is idiotic but I agree with your sentiment. To me, the woman's voice, chops and feel are great.

pov
Feb 15th, 2012, 03:05 PM
Hopefully 5 years on she'll come up with a more creative album title than "29".
Really? That's what's important to you?

ToopsTame
Feb 15th, 2012, 03:38 PM
She should also consider losing weight if she doesn't want her relationships to fail.

Haters to the left.

JN
Feb 15th, 2012, 05:46 PM
No man deserves this.

moby
Feb 15th, 2012, 09:24 PM
Really? That's what's important to you?I have low expectations. I don't expect her music to rise above maudlin sentimentality.

The Dawntreader
Feb 15th, 2012, 10:00 PM
I have low expectations. I don't expect her music to rise above maudlin sentimentality.

This.

Moveyourfeet
Feb 15th, 2012, 10:03 PM
I have low expectations. I don't expect her music to rise above maudlin sentimentality.

oh god here we go. Just enjoy it girl, it's not meant to be analyzed.

The Dawntreader
Feb 15th, 2012, 10:13 PM
oh god here we go. Just enjoy it girl, it's not meant to be analyzed.

If you don't analyse music or your responses to it, you may as well give up.

Moveyourfeet
Feb 15th, 2012, 10:26 PM

Ok.

Helen Lawson
Feb 15th, 2012, 10:31 PM
Lose 50 pounds and quit wearing Baby Jane-inspired make-up with VOTD-inspired wigs, and that might do the trick to finding a guy.

Pops Maellard
Feb 15th, 2012, 10:33 PM
Adele is NOT gonna have a five year break...

:(

Chrissie-fan
Feb 16th, 2012, 12:32 AM
Not everyone can be a Joni Mitchell. As it is Adelle is a good artist in her chosen field - nothing wrong with that.

Chrissie-fan
Feb 16th, 2012, 12:45 AM
Lose 50 pounds and quit wearing Baby Jane-inspired make-up with VOTD-inspired wigs, and that might do the trick to finding a guy.
She can always try to do to do an Aretha Franklin. She had the hots for some basketball player - i think it was Grant Hill. Anyway, she went to his house and when a servant opened the door and asked her what she wanted she answered, "tell Mr. Hill that Janet Jackson is here and wants to see him." :)

Helen Lawson
Feb 16th, 2012, 12:59 AM
She can always try to do to do an Aretha Franklin. She had the hots for some basketball player - i think it was Grant Hill. Anyway, she went to his house and when a servant opened the door and asked her what she wanted she answered, "tell Mr. Hill that Janet Jackson is here and wants to see him." :)

Love it!!! :worship:

delicatecutter
Feb 16th, 2012, 01:49 AM
She already has a man though. Of course, he's not my cup of tea or anything. But at least she knows he's not after her for her money. :tape:

Mary Cherry.
Feb 16th, 2012, 02:21 AM
I doubt it'll even be a whole year. Not if she wants to keep the theme going and call her next album 23.

delicatecutter
Feb 16th, 2012, 02:24 AM
That theme has to go. :tape: And she needs to branch out and sing about other things. I feel bad for her current bf as she might sabotage the relationship so she has something to write about.

Mary Cherry.
Feb 16th, 2012, 02:26 AM
Either that or the next album will be 50-something minutes of sappy love songs :ras:

Talula
Feb 16th, 2012, 11:24 AM
This is probably good for everyone. She's oversaturated everywhere. We need a break. A break would also help her keep her sanity and not turn into another Britney/Mariah/Whitney under all the stress.

Agree. I think she's been overplayed. Not her fault. But we all know the public soon turns on you when you have been saturated. Oldest story in the book.

But to do it for a guy you've just met is dumb. We all meet people and develop relationships while still going to work. Better if she'd said it was to recharge the creative juices.

Helen Lawson
Feb 16th, 2012, 09:15 PM
Did you really have to use the word "juices" in reference to Adele?

Dodoboy.
Feb 16th, 2012, 10:52 PM

:haha:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!