PDA

View Full Version : The Slap (US viewers)

Mattographer
Feb 15th, 2012, 01:31 AM
The Australian drama series "The Slap" featured Melissa George makes its US premiere on 15th Wednesday at 10pm on DirectTV. I highly recommend you to watch this amazing series.

This show made me incredibly uncomfortable but brilliant to watch :worship:

5ZpupSPaqlM

Dani12
Feb 15th, 2012, 05:11 AM
I loved the book, so I was ready not to like it...but I did enjoy the show. Hopefully American viewers can appreciate the themes involved.

Yoncé
Feb 15th, 2012, 05:48 AM
I never watched it :sad: Ill get around to it someday :lol:

jrm
Feb 15th, 2012, 01:55 PM
it really was good

Monica_Rules
Feb 15th, 2012, 05:00 PM
I watched it before christmas when it was on in the UK

Loved the series.

duhcity
Feb 15th, 2012, 06:25 PM
Read a quick wiki...lord I hate the premise, but an interesting way to bring out family dynamics.

Of course I'll probably be crucified for this opinion, but any sort of discipline from the parents/consented by them is fine.

Monica_Rules
Feb 15th, 2012, 08:20 PM
I have to say when watching the programme i wanted to slap the kid myself.

In the end the Slap isn;t the be all and end all its just the catalyst of the story

delicatecutter
Feb 15th, 2012, 08:28 PM
I don't have Direct TV so looks like I won't be watching this.

Mattographer
Feb 16th, 2012, 01:31 AM
I have to say when watching the programme i wanted to slap the kid myself.

In the end the Slap isn;t the be all and end all its just the catalyst of the story
There was some debate going on throughout the series by the public on the breastfeeding of a 4 year old and slap the kid by someone else's parents.

Personally, I think Harry shouldn't slap the kid and it is considered abuse. His parents, on the other hand, should discipline the kid properly and stop breastfeeding him.