PDA

View Full Version : Doha R1: Simona Halep def. Daniela Hantuchova 3-6 6-2 7-6(4)

Sammo
Feb 14th, 2012, 04:43 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-oUxuAYjDGmA/TxGJbjlJatI/AAAAAAAABCM/Kx6MIU1SnKo/s1600/dramaqueen.gif

Nice match from Halep, though. And I'm glad about Dani taking a few days off, she's just putting too much pressure to her body.

Mynarco
Feb 14th, 2012, 04:44 PM
*beep* you Dani. *beep* you.

FedererBulgaria
Feb 14th, 2012, 04:44 PM
What a shame Daniela,good match

Daniela-Is-Mine
Feb 14th, 2012, 04:45 PM
All fatigue and jetlag. She should have pulled out. I'm not too upset, just Halep blows and Dani choked a bit.

leebeasy
Feb 14th, 2012, 04:46 PM
Eurgh, I know she must be tired but it was still a winnable match.

#kArLoS#
Feb 14th, 2012, 04:46 PM
she literally gifted Halep the match.Was it 7UEs in the TB?

Talk about coming back to Earth. I hope she rests well and plays well again in Dubai...:awww:

Michael!
Feb 14th, 2012, 04:47 PM
Tired or not, typical Daniela :facepalm:
U should think that she gained some confidence after she won Pattaya but then she is too stupid to win the game when she served for the match at *65, instead she loses 67, well done Daniela :worship:

roelc
oh dani, just saw the end of the match but it seemed like if u d give her one little push, she would fall over.
have a good rest. good on her for still not tanking. some nice points too.
that one drop shot must ve been the highest one in WTA history, and still halep kicked it out.

JustPetko
Dani :facepalm:

Curcubeu
Feb 14th, 2012, 04:48 PM
Comical last 2 games and TB with Simona blowing 3 points in a row straight into the net after Daniela saved a GP by netcord. Taking Hantuchova's choking abilities into account she was somehow still able to get it back to 6-6.
The TB then saw Hantuchova hitting the first 3 points miles into the out and that was it. So happy for Simona after a sucky start to the year. her biggest scalp of the career and obviously pumped by the success of her compatriots and in view of Olympia she now gets herself back into position!

Well done! And don't back up a good win now with a loss against a random player in R2...

InsideOut.
Feb 14th, 2012, 04:51 PM
Better player throughout much of the match won. :) Good job Simona! Going all Wozniacki in the tiebreak though :oh:

Fantasy Hero
Feb 14th, 2012, 04:51 PM
Simo :woohoo:

Melange
Feb 14th, 2012, 04:53 PM
Is there such thing as the classic Hantuchova choke, because this was it.

Martian Jeza
Feb 14th, 2012, 04:53 PM
What a choke job from Daniela at the end of the match :facepalm:

Remix13
Feb 14th, 2012, 04:54 PM
I don't think she was that tired... Kirilenko won her match today against Jie Zheng. Disappointing from Dani :sad:

Otlichno
Feb 14th, 2012, 04:55 PM
I'm quite happy. Daniela needed a few days off, and she was tired, her fatigue was the only factor that really cost her the match. She wasn't playing bad, and Simona really wasn't outplaying Dani.

See you in Dubai Dani! :wavey: :smooch:

eddyhanty
Feb 14th, 2012, 04:56 PM
Daniela was exhausted come mid second set, the only thing that was keeping her going was the pills she took...well played Halep but Daniela take a freaking break!

flareon
Feb 14th, 2012, 04:56 PM
:o

Sergius
Feb 14th, 2012, 04:58 PM
Don't think she was tired, either. She's one of the most athletic WTA players. At least she used to be

Nalby fan
Feb 14th, 2012, 05:00 PM
Is there such thing as the classic Hantuchova choke, because this was it.

Absolutely-it filled all the necessary requirements:

(a) play excellent tennis to win the first set and be up a break in the second

(b) start spraying the ball for no reason

(c) Kvetch to the umpire and get distracted by off-court activities, in this case fireworks

(d) Call the coach on and do exactly the opposite of what he advises

(e) Get broken serving for the match with the obligatory DF thrown in for good measure

(f) play an abysmal TB

All the pretenders to her crown should watch and learn from such a masterful effort. :o

Hachiko
Feb 14th, 2012, 05:02 PM
Daniela was saying how exhausted she was from the Fed Cup coming into Pattaya, so there's little doubt fatigue was a factor.

Full credit to Simona for a very solid performance. :yeah:

Sammo
Feb 14th, 2012, 05:03 PM

(c) Kvetch to the umpire and get distracted by off-court activities, in this case fireworks

(e) Get broken serving for the match with the obligatory DF thrown in for good measure

(f) play an abysmal TB

All the pretenders to her crown should watch and learn from such a masterful effort. :o

:lol:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/cd/Animated_Fireworks.gif

Spring Pools
Feb 14th, 2012, 05:04 PM
Dani is just conserving her energy so she can win her IW title.

Tomic
Feb 14th, 2012, 05:10 PM
This happen to her last year when she won Pattaya Open and then lost to Anna Chakvetadze the next event

Otlichno
Feb 14th, 2012, 05:12 PM
This happen to her last year when she won Pattaya Open and then lost to Anna Chakvetadze the next event

Pretty much, she was just very very tired. :shrug:

iPatty
Feb 14th, 2012, 05:16 PM
Comical last 2 games and TB with Simona blowing 3 points in a row straight into the net after Daniela saved a GP by netcord. Taking Hantuchova's choking abilities into account she was somehow still able to get it back to 6-6.
The TB then saw Hantuchova hitting the first 3 points miles into the out and that was it. So happy for Simona after a sucky start to the year. her biggest scalp of the career and obviously pumped by the success of her compatriots and in view of Olympia she now gets herself back into position!

Well done! And don't back up a good win now with a loss against a random player in R2...

Li at the USO last year? Or did you mean this year?

faboozadoo15
Feb 14th, 2012, 05:17 PM
Nice win for Simona, but I think Dani's scheduling caught up to her.

The good news is, she doesn't have far to go for Dubai.

eddyhanty
Feb 14th, 2012, 05:17 PM

(f) play an abysmal TB

Just go Nalbyfan just go..

Curcubeu
Feb 14th, 2012, 05:19 PM
Li at the USO last year? Or did you mean this year?

Oh damn, forgot about that :tape:

Maybe because Li played like a hack that day... :spit:

This one was definitely another kind of win! :)

roelc
Feb 14th, 2012, 05:19 PM
Nice win for Simona, but I think Dani's scheduling caught up to her.

The good news is, she doesn't have far to go for Dubai.

and of course she s also playing doubles ...

Nalby fan
Feb 14th, 2012, 05:31 PM
Just go Nalbyfan just go..

Lighten up. I'm glad she won Pattaya-it comes at a cost,as this match shows.

doujyr
Feb 14th, 2012, 05:51 PM
8 matches in 12 days across 3 continents, a massive effort by daniela. no disgrace in defeat.

Graf~Dokic
Feb 14th, 2012, 05:57 PM
Daniela :sad: :hug: She probably shouldn't have played here.

NyCPsU
Feb 14th, 2012, 06:19 PM
After some of those long rallies she was literally using her raquet to hold herself up. Clearly fatigue caught up with her today because towards the end she was not being patient at all and just spraying balls going for too much, too soon. Credit to Simona who hung in there, noticed this, and gradually increased her pushing ways. Smart play against a tired and frustrated Daniela.

Richie's
Feb 14th, 2012, 07:55 PM
Oh Daniela...I was expecting this coming but not like this...
Well, it could have been much more easier opponent but NID.

Lulu.
Feb 14th, 2012, 07:58 PM
Dani. :tape:
Shouldn't of played here but still a nice effort.

hellas719
Feb 15th, 2012, 02:49 AM
Mona :woohoo:
I think Danka can finish top 15 with how she's playing this year :shrug:. She's already gained like 880 ranking points or something :eek:

cowsonice
Feb 15th, 2012, 02:51 AM
Dani :rolleyes:

fifty-fifty
Feb 15th, 2012, 02:59 AM
This is not her home

ElusiveChanteuse
Feb 15th, 2012, 11:52 AM
:haha:

Queenpova
Feb 15th, 2012, 01:18 PM
Hantuchova stays mediocre.

Sammo
Feb 15th, 2012, 03:30 PM
Hantuchova stays mediocre.

Didn't you say like half a month ago that she would never win a title?

GTFO.

Daniela-Is-Mine
Feb 15th, 2012, 04:29 PM
I don't think she was that tired... Kirilenko won her match today against Jie Zheng. Disappointing from Dani :sad:

Dani had Fed Cup also. She had played everyday for 8 to 9 days.
And Halep played well for the most part(except for the despicable pushing in the TB), you don't know how Jie was...

Daniela was just clearly tired. I'm happy she is playing well and I think she will be in somewhere from 7-15 if she keeps it up and brings it at Grand Slams for once!

$uricate
Feb 15th, 2012, 06:16 PM
Strategic tank from Dani.

With Indian Wells in the bag she can afford to bounce this local tournament and get some extra practice in :)