PDA

View Full Version : Doha R1: Angelique Kerber def. [9] Sabine Lisicki 46 64 61

Miracle Worker
Feb 14th, 2012, 01:52 PM
Angie :worship:

Sabine :facepalm: This backhand from last few games was amazing. Really :worship:

GoofyDuck
Feb 14th, 2012, 01:53 PM
Angelique :worship: really starting to warm up to her and her game :)

Sabine , Wickmayer gave nicer handshake in Paris to Kerber :lol:

NyCPsU
YESSS! Love this girl. So much fight today. :hearts:

Joelina
Kerber ;) i am starting to like this girl more and more

longtin23
Sabine :facepalm: Somehow she played like shit...

I consider Kereber is a new Caroline Wozniacki, she keeps the ball in the match no matter where the shots are, some great points to turn things around and so on...

mickymouse
Why is the handshake so cold?

Jimmie48
WTF Sabine?

Jesus christ, she's effectively the highest-ranked German player now...already too much pressure? Oh dear... :(

plokploky
Ans sabine continues her streak of playing one good set, and then going to shit.

Anyway, brilliant for kerber. She has to beat pironkova and then hopefully another match with marion:oh:

VIKA?
Well done Angie! :D

what a cold handshake by Sabine... I though they were friends?

Mikey.
That third set from Sabine was just god awful. Hilariously bad. I actually spat in laughter when she airswung at that drive volley. :crying2:

Mynarco
Feb 14th, 2012, 01:54 PM
That miss from Lisicki at 1*-5 30-30 :sobbing:
what a fail. 56 UEs :spit:

Kerber's still looking sharp after a whole week of tennis :eek:
the BP conversion is abysmal, but at the end a win is a win
some sick winners from Angie tonight :D 27-24 is a really good ratio

JustPetko
Good match, Angie :yeah:

Elwin.
Friendly handshake :worship:

Well done Angie :yeah:

Johnbert
bine just can't beat angie :shrug:

h2h now 4-0 kerber...

angie :worship:

gumoll
Angie new German number 3 on Monday? ;)

Fantasy Hero
getting more and more into Angie :D i'm so happy to see her playing that well :dance:

Singleniacki
Lol wtf Lisicki, the last 2 sets were bad :facepalm:
Tired/Injured Kerber dominating in the end

cosmoose
Feb 14th, 2012, 01:55 PM
icy handshake from Sabine. bad sportsmanship :(

sweetadri06
Sabine is so clueless and makes some really insane errors. I felt second hand embarressment for her at times. :help:

FORZA SARITA
Kerber deserves RESPECT :eek:

Miracle Worker
Sabine :facepalm: Somehow she played like shit...

I consider Kereber is a new Caroline Wozniacki, she keeps the ball in the match no matter where the shots are, some great points to turn things around and so on...

She won't be new Caroline. She hits winners.

.Andrew.
Sabine absolutely fell apart after the "MTO."

Someone beat Angie...please. :o

Nicolás89
Feb 14th, 2012, 01:56 PM
She's on a roll. On a roll.

RobsonOS
http://i39.tinypic.com/2pry2xs.jpg

SVK
Lisicki´s last matches had exactly the same pattern - successful first set, then losing a serve in crucial moment of second set and then easy loss in third. Says a lot about her mental form right now. She needs to stop bashing and hoping that the shot will get in, it´s not needed in many cases. GOAT counterpunching from Kerber in third.

Interesting how the games developed, 34523523 deuces and exact number of wasted GPs/BPs, they both were really struggling a lot with closing games.

Trih
Feb 14th, 2012, 01:57 PM
What a fucking mess :facepalm: and Angie was tired from Paris.

Noctis
:facepalm:

Martian Jeza
Bad serve and loads of errors from Lisicki in the last 2 sets : Lisicki's 2nd serves were pure gifts for Kerber... Sabine needs to learn the word " composure " ... Kerber wasn't that impressive to be honest...

Vikapower
Feb 14th, 2012, 01:58 PM
:facepalm: Seriously Sabine you're a complete joke, that airshot at the end :spit: why don't you go back in juniors to re-learn how to strike a ball ? :weirdo: Pathetic performance over 50 Ue's, seriously no business being in the top 10.

Dado90
Incredible! Angie is in a wonderful shape :worship:
Her defense in just GOAT :eek:

Credit to her :yeah:...she is showing her SF in USO wasn't a fluke :cool:

Adrian.
Angie :bowdown::cheer:

Sabine was really poor from mid 2nd set :help::facepalm::help: She will have a hard time, if she keeps losing such matches :o

Coldfront
Seriously Sabine is just awful, does she not realise her opponent is exhausted? Yet she doesn't make her play at all and hits countless unforced errors.

Great match from Kerber, desperation at times she really deserves this. Go girl :cheer:

LightsOut!
Feb 14th, 2012, 01:59 PM
Angie :bounce:

Blu€
Angie! :worship::hearts: 4-0! Thought she'd be tired but she pulled through! Well done! ;)

evana
Lisicki :o i like her, but she can be sooo bad. :facepalm:
The handshake :lol:

StoneRose
WTF Sabine?

Jesus christ, she's effectively the highest-ranked German player now...already too much pressure? Oh dear... :(Not for long, as it is now with Petko out for some time, Angelique is consistent enough to become the best German player for quite some time. She played good solid tennis again at least end of set 2 and set 3. Sabine often misses very easy balls, seems she's often late to get into position. Also from other matches i've seen lately I'm beginning to agree with people here who say she's (somewhat) overrated.

King Halep
Feb 14th, 2012, 02:00 PM
Why is the handshake so cold?

schadenfreude i think

Sammo
Lisucky :oh:

longtin23

Well, Caro hits winners too... and look at the moonball in the last game...

Patrick345

She has made at least the semifinal in six of her last 10 events. :eek:

sdtoot
Feb 14th, 2012, 02:01 PM
Kerber was fatigued and injured - could barely serve but somehow won this match. Seriously, Sabine needs to try to engage her brain when playing because 56 UE's is totally unacceptable for a top 20 player. Big congrats to Angelique for sticking in there when most would have walked off the court. :worship:

Patrick345
Feb 14th, 2012, 02:01 PM
Well, Caro hits winners too... and look at the moonball in the last game...

Kerber hit 27 winners tonight. Caro will struggle for 27 total, if she wins the whole tournament. They play absolutely nothng alike.

Mike81
Feb 14th, 2012, 02:04 PM
Sabine I love you very much :hearts: in fact noone loves you more, but that was simply not good enough again and I have little sympathy. I've grown to like Kerber too actually but obviously am pro Bine but she plays too brainless at times, it's embarassing. I get kind of tired to make excuses for her, just because I love her and take pride in being her staunch defender and promoter on TF but maybe that is changing. I'm not sure what her gameplan is :confused:

Another 3 set loss. You know you have to win 2 sets to win a match? :help: Does she want to ever re-visit those low ranking days, those ITF days??? Number 14 in the world flatters her right now.

Time to go bed.

Vikapower
Kerber wasn't that impressive to be honest...

47% of the points played were either Sabine's winners/Ue's that's almost half in the match and significance that the girl just defeated herself out there since the outcome depended on her capacities or in-capacities. Kerber's represent 23.5%, telling story of Sabine's mediocrity.

Dado90
Kerber hit 27 winners tonight. Caro will struggle for 27 total, if she wins the whole tournament. They play absolutely nothng alike.

totally agree ;)

Coldfront
Feb 14th, 2012, 02:09 PM

They both defend well however unlike Caro, Angie does not have a phobia of aggressive shotmaking.

27 winners from Kerber, Woz could only dream of those stats :lol:

TennisFan66
Feb 14th, 2012, 02:09 PM

I'll buy 27 winners from Caroline for whole Doha tournament .. How much do you want each 'winner' to be valued at?

PS Well done, Kerber. I only saw 3rd set, but Christ, Lisciki was poor.

Trih
Feb 14th, 2012, 02:13 PM
They both defend well however unlike Caro, Angie does not have a phobia of aggressive shotmaking.

I agree, she defends very well, and she's not as afraid of playing some aggressive shots like Caro seems to be.
BUT..
Today Sabine just gave her the match on a silver plate. :tape:

King Halep
Feb 14th, 2012, 02:14 PM
bine

Shvedbarilescu
Feb 14th, 2012, 02:18 PM
Well done to Angelique. She was obviously tired and all the matches from last week definately took their toll on her, plus she did look quite rusty in that first set and made more errors than she did last week. And clearly her serve is not at full strength. But nevertheless no way was Angelique going to allow herself to lose to the error machine that is Lisicki.

More I see of Angelique the more there is to admire in this girl's game. There's the smarts, the improvisation, the power, which unlike Sabine, Angelique uses relatively sparingly but always to great effect, the fight and the attitude, all which always makes her very easy to support. Love the smiles, love the competitiveness and love the shot selection, the way she chooses the right moments to go for the kill and picks the right shot to do it effectively with. And as a shotmaker Kerber really is so skilled that she always has so many options in both attack and defence.

As for Sabine, there was a lot less to admire. To be fair until 5-4 in the 2nd set, Sabine did do a great job saving break points. But that really was her one salvation. Other than that there wasn't much to admire. She plays tennis as if the goal isn't to win the most points but to hit the most winners. Watching Lisicki play one would think players don't actually lose the point if it finishes with an error such is her slap happy approach to the game.

Winners are good. Hitting 40 winners in a match is a very good thing, if you can do it while hitting less than 35 errors. But if it requires that you hit well over 50 errors to achieve that 40 winner mark the achievement becomes substantially less impressive and admirable.

I don't suppose it needs saying that the better player won but I'm still happy to say, the better player did indeed win. I'm going to enjoy watching Angelique's progress up the ranking over the next few months. :)

Specter
Feb 14th, 2012, 02:22 PM

Preach! :bowdown:

Mike81
Feb 14th, 2012, 02:24 PM
Dear woman of my dreams,

Please stop playing tennis like a nightmare.

Yours sincerely,

Mike81

ElusiveChanteuse
Feb 14th, 2012, 02:29 PM
I'm really warming up to Kerber. She's pretty solid. More like a better version of Domi.:oh:

Lachy
Feb 14th, 2012, 02:31 PM
Didn't pick this result :lol:

I am not a big fan at all, but nice win Angelique.

Martian Jeza
Feb 14th, 2012, 02:34 PM
Some of the 27 winners came from a very weak 2nd serve from Sabine : Just saying...

Patrick345
Feb 14th, 2012, 02:37 PM
Some of the 27 winners came from a very weak 2nd serve from Sabine : Just saying...

..and since weak (2nd) serves are a rarity on the WTA Tour...;):p

I think a lot more players have the ability and should go after 2nd serves more often. Would save them a lot of time.

Fantasy Hero
Feb 14th, 2012, 02:39 PM

oh noez :sobbing; that QF never happened :hysteric:

JackFrost
Feb 14th, 2012, 02:40 PM
bine just can't beat angie :shrug:

h2h now 4-0 kerber...

angie :worship:
I think, Petko has also a bad head to head against Kerber.
Angie loves it to play against other german girls. :lol:

Carsten
Feb 14th, 2012, 02:58 PM
great fight from Angie :woohoo:

but Sabine should have won it in 2, but she played sucha abad 2nde set :help: In 3rd Angie was really playing great again.

Dado90
Feb 14th, 2012, 03:00 PM

:sobbing: :crying2:

Trih
Feb 14th, 2012, 03:09 PM

:sobbing: :crying2:

:bigcry:

Stonerpova
Feb 14th, 2012, 03:12 PM
Lisicki is so fucking weak.

Well done to Kerber :)

traxillo
Feb 14th, 2012, 03:20 PM
trainwreck Lisicki :(

Patrick345
Feb 14th, 2012, 03:22 PM
trainwreck Lisicki :(

Sabine Trainwricki. I like it. :sad:

dsanders06
Feb 14th, 2012, 03:24 PM

Yup. Kerber is a proper counter-puncher, who while not a risk-taker is able to play relatively aggressive shots once she's in control of the rally ... whereas Wozniacki is a pure defensive grinder.

The result was NID - a slow hardcourt like this is Sabine's absolute WORST surface, not fast enough for her serve to get much traction and not high-bouncing enough for her to set up for her forehand. Add to that that she always needs one or two matches to find her form after a few weeks off, and she was never going to have the consistency to punch through Kerber's defences. I'm quite surprised it went to 3 sets in all honesty.

That said, despite GM getting into it's bandwaggonny stride and proclaiming Kerber a contender to be the best of Generation Suck, I do think she's going to prove to be pretty streaky - her forehand which lands most of her blows just seems to have too shoddy a technique and will probably break down more frequently if she's not full of confidence, and I don't think her defensive skills are as good as a Wozniacki or even a Radwanska to grind out wins purely on defence alone if her FH isn't firing. I'd say there's a 75% chance Sabine has a better season than her (especially now that I see Shvedbarilescu has given her the kiss of death by adding her to his favourites and thus condemned her to Scrubdom).

Madoka
Feb 14th, 2012, 03:24 PM
expected.

Graf~Dokic
Feb 14th, 2012, 03:35 PM
Angie :) :woohoo: But what a meltdown from Sabine in the 3rd set. :(

CillyUltra
Feb 14th, 2012, 03:40 PM
icy handshake from Sabine. bad sportsmanship :(
If Angie would have lost this match the handshake wouldn't have been different. ;)

:facepalm: Seriously Sabine you're a complete joke, that airshot at the end :spit: why don't you go back in juniors to re-learn how to strike a ball ? :weirdo: Pathetic performance over 50 Ue's, seriously no business being in the top 10.

Why Sabine deserves a bullshit comment after one bad match :confused: And please don't take that useless Fed Cup into account.

Specter
Feb 14th, 2012, 03:42 PM
I'd say there's a 75% chance Sabine has a better season than her (especially now that I see Shvedbarilescu has given her the kiss of death by adding her to his favourites and thus condemned her to Scrubdom).

:crying2:

Ian Aberdon
Feb 14th, 2012, 03:43 PM
But it's very worrying if you're a Sabine fan to see her take the first set, then lose the next two FOUR times in a row now. She had better address this slump quickly or she will slump right back into the ITFs again.

But I'm liking Angie more with each game! :yeah:

Johnbert
Feb 14th, 2012, 03:45 PM
angie the 3-set-queen :p

Alwaysfan
Feb 14th, 2012, 03:48 PM
Kerber!! Soon in my signatureeee

Steff_forever
Feb 14th, 2012, 03:51 PM
total lack of inspiration Sabine :help:
what are you thinking in those moments in 2nd sets right now Bienchen ??? :shrug:

Angie well done... :hatoff:

Michael!
Feb 14th, 2012, 04:27 PM
Sabine is in terrible shape lately and her results are often similar!
Decent start, chances to win it in two and then totally meltdown in 3rd set :help:
Her serve is just not working + too many UEs, first serve was at least decent in 2nd set but her 2nd serve just awful, as usual....and she returned bad as well, she has to win it here in two against a tired Kerber.

Well, congrats to Angelique , she kept fighting, realized that Sabine is more than beatable and played a great 3rd set in the end, still this was Sabine´s match to win.

TennisRacist
Feb 14th, 2012, 04:32 PM
I thought Kerber will give away this match to sabine
because sabine need a win she is losing and losing, she need a confidence. And they are team "friends".

But the Kerber didn't, I very like it.
The kerber did not like that Sabine is favorized in the team so she killed her.

That handshake - Sabine don't know how to lose with class,
she's too self-centered. :rolleyes:
Sabine is cute and beautiful but I don't like her attitude and egocentrism.

And kerber is hot as well, so I will support Kerber from now.

I very like about Kerber that she criticizes herself and her game (ex.on paris final with Bartoli she was aplausing herself with irony).
But when Sabine loses she always says that its not her fault, but injury or something.. ble ble ble..
i remeber that even one time, Sabine told that she was better than the opponent which beat her in match.

-
I supported Kerber in Paris since beginning and even if she lose earlier i would be proud of her, because i would know that she gave all from her. Its sad to say but Sabine is regulary giving up every time she start losing. She cant win anything with that behaviour.

matthias
Feb 14th, 2012, 04:46 PM
well done Angie :D

tucker1989
Feb 14th, 2012, 05:10 PM
Sabine is and always has been a terrible sport and a massive drama queen. Why are people just realizing that now?

Well done Angie!!

Martian Jeza
Feb 14th, 2012, 05:11 PM
Yet I think Kerber's style is quite weird but hey if it's effective for her, why not...

faboozadoo15
Feb 14th, 2012, 05:20 PM
Angie is really stepping it up: Winning in 3 sets against a tough player after what I am sure was an emotional and draining week in Paris. Good on her. Not many have followed up title wins and breakthroughs very well lately.

The stats don't show too poor of quality, really. Lots of netplay anyway.

young_gunner913
Feb 14th, 2012, 05:34 PM
LMAO, no surprise. Sabine is yet another way overhyped scrub.

Ian Aberdon
Feb 14th, 2012, 05:39 PM
LMAO, no surprise. Sabine is yet another way overhyped scrub.

Yeah yeah we get it,you hate Sabine. Like a stuck record, like a stuck record, like a stuck record.... :rolleyes:

Foals.
Feb 14th, 2012, 06:00 PM
Angelique :bowdown:

It's incredible to think how far she's come on in the last six months, the first half of last year she barely scraped any first round wins together, now she has a GS SF and a Paris Premier title to her name.

It goes to show that almost anyone can change their fortunes around with enough determination and hard work. I didn't think she'd get through today despite the H2H but she proved me wrong. Keep up this amazing form!

JeLeNaJfAn
Feb 14th, 2012, 06:08 PM
WOW- what a fighting spirit from Angie.
Good Luck next round

RenaSlam.
Feb 14th, 2012, 06:52 PM
Sabine, even with a good serve you really aren't that good haha.

Well done to Kerber. The real deal.

Sabinator.
Feb 14th, 2012, 06:58 PM
Mugsicki :bigwave:

Keep going girl...

Mike81
Feb 14th, 2012, 09:48 PM
Some people way too harsh on Sabine! She's no worse sport than half of the WTA. It seems like people really love to kick Sabine especially when she's down, I was critical too of yesterday's capitulation, she really needs to re-think her play, and even the handshake I didn't like, but I don't know what's with the Sabine hate :( She's a very nice, sweet girl and good sport for the most part. It's upsetting to read comments like she's a 'terrible sport', give her a break
:(!

rucolo
Feb 14th, 2012, 10:04 PM
Angelique had basically no time to rest and still won :yeah:

Sabine :hug:

Angelique seemed really tired (just arrived from her Paris title) and could hardly serve, but she hang in there and improved her play. I really like her fighter attitude. Sabine on the other hand played great in first set and until middle of 2nd set, but then fell completely apart (like in the Fed Cup matches). No idea why - mental problem I guess. Also Sabine often plays too brainless and her serve is overrated. Way too many stupid UEs.

Sombrerero loco
Feb 14th, 2012, 10:08 PM
lisucki :facepalm:

Charlatan
Feb 14th, 2012, 11:09 PM
Kerber :bounce: i am starting to like her more and more
Great job for taking out that overrated phony. Where is her so called always shining sweet lovable smile at the handshake? oops
Even Wickmayer gave Kerber nicer handshake, I see

TennisRacist
Feb 15th, 2012, 12:46 AM
Kerber :bounce: i am starting to like her more and more
Great job for taking out that overrated phony. Where is her so called always shining sweet lovable smile at the handshake? oops
Even Wickmayer gave Kerber nicer handshake, I see

:sad: feel sorry to admit but im realizing more and more that this is truth

Why sabine did behave like that? Did she expected that Kerber will give her that match because shes higher in ranking? or because Kerber just won tournament?
Your from same country and team or youre not that dosent matter - youre tennis player and should always play your best against your opponent.

Sabine dont know how to lose with class, she propably thinks her opponents should lose to her because SHES THE ONE.
Maybe she handshaked Kerber that way because Kerber had brass to beat her :lol:

When Lisicki lost to Iveta Benesova (in fedcup) she told something like this: i did lost even though i am better player overall.

And i am not saying that because im hater of Sabine - i actually am/was fan of her, but now im not sure..

She really should change her attitude, she wont win anything more with her current.

Wiggly
Feb 15th, 2012, 02:35 AM
Lisicki is such a drama queen.
She can fake that smile all she wants, anyone with a functioning brain can see right through her.

Dugavljan
Feb 15th, 2012, 02:47 AM
Kerber deserves RESPECT :eek:

definitely.

Dugavljan
Feb 15th, 2012, 02:48 AM
one big :no: for that handshake. :o

Mike81
Feb 15th, 2012, 02:51 AM
SABINE IS NOT A 'FAKE SMILER' :o. I think I'D KNOW considering the 1300+ photos and 300+ videos I have of her on my IPOD :p :kiss: Stop being so harsh on her :mad:

TennisRacist
Feb 15th, 2012, 02:55 AM
SABINE IS NOT A 'FAKE SMILER' :o. I think I'D KNOW considering the 1300+ photos and 300+ videos I have of her on my IPOD :p :kiss: Stop being so harsh on her :mad:

Mike I know you have feelings for her. I used to too. But..
how can you explain her behaviour ?
Im not talking only about handshake with Kerber but there are many similar situations, like Sabine interview after losing to Benesova..

Im not saying shes bad person, dont get me wrong. But...

Mike81
Feb 15th, 2012, 03:03 AM
Mike I know you have feelings for her. I used to too. But..
how can you explain her behaviour ?
Im not talking only about handshake with Kerber but there are many similar situations, like Sabine interview after losing to Benesova..

Sabine really lives the highs and the lows! She wears her heart on her sleeve and is an emotional girl. I don't think she intends to 'look down' on others, she's just disappointed in herself when she plays badly. Yeah I agree the handshake wasn't the best but I don't think you can draw conclusions about her personality as a whole based on a few incidents. Normally a very positive, friendly and nice person. That's my observation and this comes from a person who used to talk to her on twitter :kiss: (42 replies) she never would've bothered talk online to jo bloggs like me, if she thought herself some untouchable superstar and fans were merely a vehicle to her stardom. She's known to be down to earth actually. I mean I myself have doubted her attitude in losses at times, but I don't think it's fair to say she's up herself. So don't be too harsh. I love her very much and I give her the benefit of the doubt! There's no more beautiful and genuine celebration in tennis than watching Sabine so happy after one of her victories, so I can't wait for the next win!

Charlatan
Feb 15th, 2012, 03:39 AM
:sad: feel sorry to admit but im realizing more and more that this is truth

Why sabine did behave like that? Did she expected that Kerber will give her that match because shes higher in ranking? or because Kerber just won tournament?
Your from same country and team or youre not that dosent matter - youre tennis player and should always play your best against your opponent.

Sabine dont know how to lose with class, she propably thinks her opponents should lose to her because SHES THE ONE.
Maybe she handshaked Kerber that way because Kerber had brass to beat her :lol:

When Lisicki lost to Iveta Benesova (in fedcup) she told something like this: i did lost even though i am better player overall.

And i am not saying that because im hater of Sabine - i actually am/was fan of her, but now im not sure..

She really should change her attitude, she wont win anything more with her current.

Co-sign. I actually liked her when she bounces back in last year wimbly from her injury. After that, I begin to realize how her behaviors on court have turned around when she loses. Every player hates to lose, but that's not the case here. She acts as if she is always the better player whenever she loses. Those made-up smiles, grins, whatsoever are not covering her transparent self either.

JJ all the way
Feb 15th, 2012, 04:13 AM
I knew Bine was 2 faced when she left JJ hanging on the sidewalk after JJ's car broke down :)

Mike81
Feb 15th, 2012, 04:25 AM
Once Again, Sabine Is Not A 'Fake Smiler'!! See her beautiful smile and laughter below.

iBn33sYoIaY

When it gets personal against Sabine. That means it gets personal to me as well :(

Libertango
Feb 15th, 2012, 05:52 AM
Oh dear.

Ian Aberdon
Feb 15th, 2012, 06:19 AM
I knew Bine was 2 faced when she left JJ hanging on the sidewalk after JJ's car broke down :)

Yeah. But it WAS JJ!!!! :lol:

Navratil
Feb 15th, 2012, 08:49 AM
What an effort! Angie Merkel - sorry Kerber - just came from Paris and looked tired in the first set. But she really fought hard and won in the end! Great job!

Juju Nostalgique
Feb 15th, 2012, 11:25 AM

http://failblog.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/funny-facebook-fails-failbook-big-fan.png

fouc
Feb 15th, 2012, 12:09 PM
:lol: at ppl saying Lisicki is a sweetheart

Kerber :yeah:

Adrian1092
Feb 15th, 2012, 12:16 PM
Really disappointed in Sabine lately. Acting like she's a top player and giving foul handshakes isn't what I thought she was going to turn out like. She was so much more fresh and nice back in 2008/9 :sad: She's on probation for me now!

Angie :woohoo:

Omega1
Feb 15th, 2012, 12:44 PM
There is no doubt that Sabine played yesterday the wrong game. Well below their potential.
It was apparent that thematch depended only on her.
Sabine did point for themselves and opponent.
Or after this match you can walk downthe court happy?
Certainly not.
is Sabine did not refuse the tournament in Paris due to a viral illnes ?
Sweetheart Sabine.

cosmoose
Feb 15th, 2012, 09:29 PM
What is wrong with you people?
Srsly, you are going to hate on Sabine over one handshake?

Granted, I was disappointed with the way she acted. I even said so earlier in this thread.
But I'm not going to crucify her over one little thing! jeebus!

All this talk about Sabine being a "fake smiler" and other laughable insults is ridiculous! :fiery:

Someone on Sabine's board said that she was talking with Angie in the locker room after the match.
How does that fit with all your agenda haters? Was it a "fake conversation?" :rolleyes:

TennisRacist
Feb 15th, 2012, 09:48 PM
What is wrong with you people?
Srsly, you are going to hate on Sabine over one handshake?
(...)
All this talk about Sabine being a "fake smiler" and other laughable insults is ridiculous! :fiery:

Someone on Sabine's board said that she was talking with Angie in the locker room after the match.
How does that fit with all your agenda haters? Was it a "fake conversation?" :rolleyes:
Do you know what Sabine told Angelique in that conversion? Maybe she insulted her? Maybe congratulate? Or anything.. we don't know.

And about first part of your post - its really not about 'one handshake'. If it was i would be still Sabine's fan. Its about overall behaviour and previous incidents.

You want examples? Go read/watch interview with Sabine after losing to Iveta Benesova. Or that suspicious "injuries" she had on or just before matchpoints..

Jimmie48
Feb 15th, 2012, 10:08 PM
+ another bad rep from me. Ridiculous nonsense...

Mike81
Feb 15th, 2012, 10:40 PM
Yep Ridiculous. Maybe Sabine can't always be the sweet, smiley, happy woman we enjoy her being when she is winning because she's also a tennis player in a very competitive field and going through a tough time with frustrating losses and she needs to fix it quick. People read way too much into a handshake. It's offensive to Sabine and her fans :o

Sabs is most definately still a sweetheart. That hasn't changed :kiss::hearts::angel: Just admire her charming sweet voice in the video below.

wfPtms_44UU

Wiggly
Feb 15th, 2012, 10:53 PM
It's very easy to promote yourself as a smiling person when it's a PR stung and you're in Bali.
The way she handled some loses (Rodionova, Zvonareva) shows that she isn't all that Miss Sunshine she is trying to project herself as such.

Mike81
Feb 15th, 2012, 11:03 PM
It's very easy to promote yourself as a smiling person when it's a PR stung and you're in Bali.
The way she handled some loses (Rodionova, Zvonareva) shows that she isn't all that Miss Sunshine she is trying to project herself as such.

Yes in losses! and those losses were painful losses where she got injured! Do you expect her to be all smiles when spraining her ankle or cramping?

FFS What's wrong with people on here? :mad: all the ridiculous Sabine bashing :confused: The girl's had some great moments like last year's grass season and also her fair share of disappointments with losses, injury and illness, On the whole she remains positive, happy and a nice person. She worked very hard to get up to the top 15. Her big fans know she's not the person her critics are trying to pin her as!

TennisRacist
Feb 15th, 2012, 11:15 PM
The delusion of Sabine fans..
i feel like trying to tell catholic that god dont exist - no matter how argument you use they still repeat same unrelated statement

sorry but i actually like more Angie and Julia now. maybe sabine is more physically attractive but i know who she is in reality and i dont like it
Angie and Julia at least have some respect for their opponents and are not so self-centered

if you really want Mike, i can make a compilation video of Sabine's "incidents" where she hasn't have her MASK on
it will be hard video for you..

ps. seems Sabine is very injury-prone when shes losing and its near match point..

Mike81
Feb 15th, 2012, 11:20 PM
The delusion of Sabine fans..
i feel like trying to tell catholic that god dont exist - no matter how argument you use they still repeat same unrelated statement

sorry but i actually like more Angie and Julia now. maybe sabine is more physically attractive but i know who she is in reality and i dont like it
Angie and Julia at least have some respect for their opponents and are not so self-centered

if you really want Mike, i can make a compilation video of Sabine's "incidents" where she hasn't have her MASK on
it will be hard video for you..

ps. seems Sabine is very injury-prone when shes losing and its near match point..

As I said, I think I have better idea of Sabine than you do, due to her replying to me on twitter alot when she was less popular and me watching many many matches of her and also youtube videos. I'm not saying she's perfect all the time, but you're still out of order :devil:

You can make the video and it certainly get a thumbs down from me!

You are right that Sabine is the most beautiful/cute but she is also the No 1 sweetheart of WTA tour and the most talented of the Germans. She's just having some problems at the moment.

TennisRacist
Feb 15th, 2012, 11:37 PM
As I said, I think I have better idea of Sabine than you do, due to her replying to me on twitter alot when she was less popular and me watching many many matches of her and also youtube videos. I'm not saying she's perfect all the time, but you're still out of order :devil:

Cool, what proof do you have that actually Sabine did answered you and not her agent ? And text msg means nothing.
I did watched all Sabine's matches in last year that were transmitted on Eurosport (+player), i did watch also some previous (from her juniors time) and all youtube videos too.

I told you.. i was fan of Sabine but number of her "incidents" is so high that i am no more delusional about her

Mike81
Feb 15th, 2012, 11:45 PM
Cool, what proof do you have that actually Sabine did answered you and not her agent ? And text msg means nothing.
I did watched all Sabine's matches in last year that were transmitted on Eurosport (+player), i did watch also some previous (from her juniors time) and all youtube videos too.

I told you.. i was fan of Sabine but number of her "incidents" is so high that i am no more delusional about her

Sabine does all her own tweeting. Would an agent chat to fans about random non-tennis things like favourite songs or movies? She used to tweet alot early last year, then she became more popular she's not on twitter as much. Still I treasure those memories of talking online to the game's No 1 sweetheart :hearts:

Jimmie48
Feb 16th, 2012, 12:13 AM
What's up with people claiming that the nice girls are fake? Same has been said about Caro, I don't get it.

Are some of you really that bitter that you automatically assume that a nice and bubbly person is putting on an act? If it would be she would really deserve an oscar for the performance...

And all this about absolutely nothing. She was obviously mad at herself about her performance and she just wanted to get off court. If that's the worst thing somebody does you can tell they must be a very nice person.

Go look at what other bratty players do on and off court, this whole discussion is completely ridiculous.

And yeah, I follow her on Twitter as well and there's absolutely no basis for the assumption that it's not her who's tweeting. That players who become more famous tweet less and chat less with fans is a normal process.

Papillon.
Feb 16th, 2012, 12:22 AM

You can make the video and it certainly get a thumbs down from me!

You are right that Sabine is the most beautiful/cute but she is also the No 1 sweetheart of WTA tour and the most talented of the Germans. She's just having some problems at the moment.

OH GOD YOU'RE SO WEIRD I KNOW EVERYONE KNOWS THIS ALREADY AND IS OVER IT BUT :hysteric: :hysteric: :hysteric:

Mike81
Feb 16th, 2012, 12:31 AM
OH GOD YOU'RE SO WEIRD I KNOW EVERYONE KNOWS THIS ALREADY AND IS OVER IT BUT :hysteric: :hysteric: :hysteric:

OH MY GOD I'M SUCH A DEDICATED FAN I KNOW EVERYONE KNOWS THIS ALREADY AND SECRETLY ADMIRES IT BUT :hysteric::hysteric::hysteric:

Mike81
Feb 16th, 2012, 12:38 AM

Some fan you were, dropping someone because of a few incidents and a few losses :rolleyes:

Jimmie48
Feb 16th, 2012, 12:40 AM
It's a lie anyways. "I once was a fan of XY" is a standard excuse of haters :rolleyes:

Sure..

TennisRacist
Feb 16th, 2012, 12:48 AM

Don't be so mean for him, hes just blinded by feelings for Sabs

Some fan you were, dropping someone because of a few incidents and a few losses :rolleyes:

First, losses have nothing to that. I wasnt fan of Sabine because of her tennis (which is good) but because of physical attractiveness and personality. Its not that the 'incidents' did make me dont like her, but that incidents did SHOW ME her real side, not mask shes wearing.
And real side is different from you now and I before was thinking.

It's a lie anyways. "I once was a fan of XY" is a standard excuse of haters :rolleyes:
I have STRONG evidence that i was good fan of Sabine, but i can't post it public. I can send proof to Mike if he agrees he wont post it public.

Jimmie48
Feb 16th, 2012, 12:50 AM

Please, do tell :rolleyes:

Hurley
Feb 16th, 2012, 12:56 AM
Would an agent chat to fans about random non-tennis things like favourite songs or movies?

:lol: :facepalm:

Mike81
Feb 16th, 2012, 01:03 AM
:lol: :facepalm:

Several of Sabine's tweets to me under my old twitter username.

https://twitpic.com/show/iphone/5k31ck

That was about a year ago when she had only 6 or 7K followers. Now she has 31K followers, she rarely responds to fan tweets anymore, but still she showed that she does like to talk with fans if she has some spare time :)

Mike81
Feb 16th, 2012, 01:09 AM
Don't be so mean for him, hes just blinded by feelings for Sabs

First, losses have nothing to that. I wasnt fan of Sabine because of her tennis (which is good) but because of physical attractiveness and personality. Its not that the 'incidents' did make me dont like her, but that incidents did SHOW ME her real side, not mask shes wearing.

I have STRONG evidence that i was good fan of Sabine, but i can't post it public. I can send proof to Mike if he agrees he wont post it public.

Yes interested to see this 'proof'. I promise I won't re-post it.

Also I notice your low post count. Have you had accounts on here before because your style of posts look familiar :p

Mike81
Feb 16th, 2012, 01:17 AM
[QUOTE=TennisRacist;20962569]First, losses have nothing to that. I wasnt fan of Sabine because of her tennis (which is good) but because of physical attractiveness and personality. Its not that the 'incidents' did make me dont like her, but that incidents did SHOW ME her real side, not mask shes wearing.

QUOTE]

OK. Well I am a fan of her for all those reasons. I love Sabine for her amazing sweet and kind personality, for her cuteness and beauty, for her exciting and brilliant tennis game (when she's on) and I don't dump her. Even though I really enjoyed talking to her via twitter and that's not happening now, I still love her as much as I did then and defend her from people who unfairly criticise her! :fiery:

TotalExpert
Feb 16th, 2012, 01:43 AM
The tweets might be real (from her) but they dont say much about her

actually i was planning to get her personal email to talk with her
maybe i will, just need to find some time for that

Jimmie48
Feb 16th, 2012, 01:47 AM
Really? Your first account is banned and you start right with the next one?

TotalExpert
Feb 16th, 2012, 01:58 AM
Really? Your first account is banned and you start right with the next one?

me? its my first account, just registered.. :smoke: :hatoff:

back on topic:
maybe Sabine has really hard time, she is very ambitious yet shes losing and losing, she can be frustrated
but on the other hand that doesnt justify her behaviour :rolleyes:
Look and Jule, even if she had really bad lose she doesnt react like that

CillyUltra
Feb 16th, 2012, 09:40 AM

That's right, stupe.